Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR17
Description: microRNA 17
Alias: MIR17-5p, MIR91, MIRN17, MIRN91, hsa-mir-17, miR-17, miR17-3p, miRNA17, miRNA91
- A microRNA polycistron as a potential human oncogeneLin He
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Watson School of Biological Sciences, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Nature 435:828-33. 2005..Together, these studies indicate that non-coding RNAs, specifically microRNAs, can modulate tumour formation, and implicate the mir-17-92 cluster as a potential human oncogene...
- c-Myc-regulated microRNAs modulate E2F1 expressionKathryn A O'Donnell
Program in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 435:839-43. 2005....
- Lymphoproliferative disease and autoimmunity in mice with increased miR-17-92 expression in lymphocytesChangchun Xiao
Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 9:405-14. 2008..This mechanism probably contributed to the lymphoproliferative disease and autoimmunity of miR-17-92-transgenic mice and contributes to lymphoma development in patients with amplifications of the miR-17-92 coding region...
- Up-regulated miR-17 promotes cell proliferation, tumour growth and cell cycle progression by targeting the RND3 tumour suppressor gene in colorectal carcinomaHesan Luo
Department of Radiation Oncology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
Biochem J 442:311-21. 2012..In conclusion, the present study suggests that miR-17 plays an important role in CRC carcinogenesis by targeting RND3 and may be a therapeutic agent for CRC...
- MicroRNAs in chronic lymphocytic leukemia pathogenesis and disease subtypesMarek Mraz
Center of Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine Hematooncology, University Hospital Brno and Medical Faculty MU, Brno, Czech Republic
Leuk Lymphoma 50:506-9. 2009..Consequently, these three miRNAs could potentially play important roles in the pathogenesis of aggressive CLL...
- MicroRNA MiR-17 retards tissue growth and represses fibronectin expressionSze Wan Shan
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Cell Biol 11:1031-8. 2009..We anticipate that this could serve as a model for studying gene regulation by miRNAs in the development of gene therapy...
- miR-17, miR-19b, miR-20a, and miR-106a are down-regulated in human agingMatthias Hackl
Department of Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
Aging Cell 9:291-6. 2010..Decrease in these miRNAs correlated with increased transcript levels of some established target genes, especially the cdk inhibitor p21/CDKN1A. These results establish miRNAs as novel markers of cell aging in humans...
- Altered expression of miR-17-5p in CD4+ lymphocytes of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patientsRaija L P Lindberg
Clinical Neuroimmunology, Department of Biomedicine and Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 40:888-98. 2010..Our findings support the role of miRNA-dependent regulatory mechanisms in the immunopathogenesis of MS...
- Detection of circulating tumor cells in peripheral blood from patients with gastric cancer using microRNA as a markerHui Zhou
Ningbo University School of Medicine, Ningbo 315211, China
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:709-17. 2010..684 (p = 0.0066), 0.743 (p = 0.0001), and 0.741 (p = 0.0002), respectively. Our results indicate that the detection of miRNA in peripheral blood may be a novel tool for monitoring circulating tumor cells in patients with gastric cancers...
- microRNA 17/20 inhibits cellular invasion and tumor metastasis in breast cancer by heterotypic signalingZuoren Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Thomas Jefferson University and Hospital, Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8231-6. 2010..These findings not only reveal an antiinvasive function of miR-17/20 in breast cancer, but also identify a heterotypic secreted signal that mediates the microRNA regulation of tumor metastasis...
- MicroRNA miR-17-5p is overexpressed in pancreatic cancer, associated with a poor prognosis, and involved in cancer cell proliferation and invasionJun Yu
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Biol Ther 10:748-57. 2010..0001 for both). The present findings suggest that miR-17-5p plays important roles in pancreatic carcinogenesis and cancer progression, and is associated with a poor prognosis in pancreatic cancer...
- MiR-17 modulates osteogenic differentiation through a coherent feed-forward loop in mesenchymal stem cells isolated from periodontal ligaments of patients with periodontitisYali Liu
Department of Orthodontics, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Stem Cells 29:1804-16. 2011....
- miR-17-5p regulates endocytic trafficking through targeting TBC1D2/ArmusAndrius Serva
BIOQUANT, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e52555. 2012..Our study reveals regulation of endocytic trafficking as a novel function of miR-17, which might act cooperatively with other functions of miR-17 and related miRNAs in health and disease...
- miR-17-5p/20a are important markers for gastric cancer and murine double minute 2 participates in their functional regulationMei Wang
School of Medical Science and Laboratory Medicine, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Eur J Cancer 49:2010-21. 2013..To investigate the potential roles and mechanisms of miR-17-5p/20a in human gastric cancer development and progression...
- Stress response of glioblastoma cells mediated by miR-17-5p targeting PTEN and the passenger strand miR-17-3p targeting MDM2Haoran Li
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto
Oncotarget 3:1653-68. 2012..Finally, we demonstrated that miR-17 could repress MDM2 levels, resulting in decreased cell proliferation and drug-resistance. Our results added a new layer of functional mechanism for the well-studied miRNA miR-17...
- Mature miR-17-5p and passenger miR-17-3p induce hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting PTEN, GalNT7 and vimentin in different signal pathwaysSze Wan Shan
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto M4N 3M5, Canada
J Cell Sci 126:1517-30. 2013..We anticipate that our assay will serve as a helpful model for studying miRNA regulation...
- TCF3, a novel positive regulator of osteogenesis, plays a crucial role in miR-17 modulating the diverse effect of canonical Wnt signaling in different microenvironmentsW Liu
Department of Orthodontics, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Cell Death Dis 4:e539. 2013..This understanding of microRNAs regulating signaling pathways in different microenvironments may pave the way for fine-tuning the process of osteogenesis in bone-related disorders...
- MicroRNA-17/20a functions to inhibit cell migration and can be used a prognostic marker in oral squamous cell carcinomaCheng Chi Chang
Department of Dentistry, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 49:923-31. 2013..To access whether the possible miRNA prognostic markers and underlying mechanisms, we developed a highly migratory TW2.6 MS-10 cells from TW2.6 cells to investigate the issue...
- MicroRNA-mediated loss of ADAR1 in metastatic melanoma promotes tumor growthYael Nemlich
Ella Institute of Melanoma, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Clin Invest 123:2703-18. 2013..We further demonstrated that the genes encoding miR-17 and miR-432 are frequently amplified in melanoma and that aberrant hypomethylation of the imprinted DLK1-DIO3 region in chromosome 14 can also drive miR-432 overexpression...
- Identification of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha as a novel target for miR-17-92 microRNA clusterAyumu Taguchi
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Center for Neurological Diseases and Cancer, Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Res 68:5540-5. 2008....
- Expression of the miR-17-92 polycistron in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) CD34+ cellsLetizia Venturini
Department of Hematology, Hemostasis, and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Blood 109:4399-405. 2007..Altered miRNA expression may contribute to the pathophysiology of the disease and may provide potential targets for therapeutic intervention...
- A cyclin D1/microRNA 17/20 regulatory feedback loop in control of breast cancer cell proliferationZuoren Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Cell Biol 182:509-17. 2008..In turn, miR-17/20 limits the proliferative function of cyclin D1, thus linking expression of a specific miRNA cluster to the regulation of oncogenesis...
- MicroRNA-17-92 down-regulates expression of distinct targets in different B-cell lymphoma subtypesMika Inomata
Department of Internal Medicine III, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Blood 113:396-402. 2009..Thus, CDKN1A/p21 appears to be an essential target of miR-17-92 during B-cell lymphomagenesis, which suggests the miR-17-92 polycistron has distinct targets in different B-cell lymphoma subtypes...
- miR-17 and miR-20a temper an E2F1-induced G1 checkpoint to regulate cell cycle progressionM T Pickering
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 1655, USA
Oncogene 28:140-5. 2009..These data provide a mechanistic view of miRNA-based regulation of E2F1 in the context of the emerging model that miRNAs coordinate the timing of cell cycle progression...
- Mir-17-5p regulates breast cancer cell proliferation by inhibiting translation of AIB1 mRNAAnwar Hossain
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:8191-201. 2006..Mir-17-5p also completely abrogated the insulin-like growth factor 1-mediated, anchorage-independent growth of breast cancer cells. Our results reveal that Mir-17-5p has a role as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer cells...
- The miR-17-5p microRNA is a key regulator of the G1/S phase cell cycle transitionNicole Cloonan
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Carmody Road, St Lucia, 4072, Australia
Genome Biol 9:R127. 2008....
- Circulating miR-17, miR-20a, miR-29c, and miR-223 combined as non-invasive biomarkers in nasopharyngeal carcinomaXi Zeng
Cancer Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, P R China
PLoS ONE 7:e46367. 2012..MicroRNAs have been considered as a kind of potential novel biomarker for cancer detection due to their remarkable stability in the blood and the characteristics of their expression profile in many diseases...
- High expression of serum miR-17-5p associated with poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaJianjian Zheng
Wenzhou Key Laboratory of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hopsital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, China
Hepatogastroenterology 60:549-52. 2013..Altered expressions of miR-17-5p in several tumor types have been reported. However, the expression and clinical significance of serum miR-17-5p in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) are unclear...
- Expression analysis of mir-17-5p, mir-20a and let-7a microRNAs and their target proteins in CD34+ bone marrow cells of patients with myelodysplastic syndromesDiamantina Vasilatou
Second Department of Internal Medicine and Research Institute, Athens University Medical School, Attikon University General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Leuk Res 37:251-8. 2013..Importantly, mir-17-5p and mir-20a constitute favorable prognostic factors in MDS, since their expression was associated with increased overall survival of MDS patients...
- Prognostic significance of serum miR-17-5p in lung cancerQun Chen
Department of Oncology, Fuzhou Pulmonary Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350008, China
Med Oncol 30:353. 2013..767, 95 %CI 1.039-3.005, P = 0.035]. A lower expression level of serum miR-17-5p helps extend the survival of patients with lung cancer. Thus, miR-17-5p may be potential biomarker for prediction the prognosis in patients with lung cancer...
- Placental expression of microRNA-17 and -19b is down-regulated in early pregnancy lossWalter Ventura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 169:28-32. 2013..Second, to determine whether placental expressions of these microRNAs along with their main targets (PTEN, CREB-1, TGFβ-1 and TGFβ-RII) are altered in early pregnancy loss...
- MicroRNA-17-5p post-transcriptionally regulates p21 expression in irradiated betel quid chewing-related oral squamous cell carcinoma cellsS Y Wu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Wan Fang Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Strahlenther Onkol 189:675-83. 2013..After we found that microRNA-17-5p (miR-17-5p) is induced in OC3 cells, we used this cell line to examine the biological role(s) of this microRNA in response to exposure to ionizing radiation...
- Regulation of the Hif-system by micro-RNA 17 and 20a - role during monocyte-to-macrophage differentiationDavid M Poitz
Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany Electronic address
Mol Immunol 56:442-51. 2013..This activation is in part mediated by a miRNA-dependent mechanism, which seems to be crucial for the adaption of macrophages to hypoxia. ..
- miR-106b-25/miR-17-92 clusters: polycistrons with oncogenic roles in hepatocellular carcinomaWeiqi Tan
Weiqi Tan, Theresa MC Tan, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore S117597, Singapore
World J Gastroenterol 20:5962-72. 2014..In addition, the roles of the various members of the clusters in affecting relevant target gene expression in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma will also be discussed...
- Allergen-specific immune response suppresses interleukin 10 expression in B cells via increasing micro-RNA-17-92 clusterXiao Rui Geng
ENT Institute of The Research Center of Allergy and Immunology, Shenzhen University School of Medicine, Shenzhen, China
Cell Biochem Funct 34:449-54. 2016..In conclusion, miR-19a mediates the allergen-specific immune response-decreased IL-10 expression in B cells. ..
- MicroRNA 17-5p regulates autophagy in Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophages by targeting Mcl-1 and STAT3Ranjeet Kumar
Department of Chemistry, Bose Institute, Kolkata, 700009, India
Cell Microbiol 18:679-91. 2016..tuberculosis-induced autophagy, and miR-17 overexpression diminishes phosphorylation of PKCδ, suggesting that an miR-17/PKC δ/STAT3 axis regulates autophagy during M. tuberculosis infection. ..
- MiR-17-5p up-regulates YES1 to modulate the cell cycle progression and apoptosis in ovarian cancer cell linesLan Li
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, 300070, China Maternity and Child Healthcare Hospital, Anyang City, Henan Province, 455000, China
J Cell Biochem 116:1050-9. 2015..Collectively, our results indicated that miR-17-5p might play a role in human ovarian cancer by up-regulating YES1 expression. J. Cell. Biochem. 116: 1050-1059, 2015. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- MiR-16 targets Bcl-2 in paclitaxel-resistant lung cancer cells and overexpression of miR-16 along with miR-17 causes unprecedented sensitivity by simultaneously modulating autophagy and apoptosisAbhisek Chatterjee
Department of Biotechnology and Dr B C Guha Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, University of Calcutta, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata, WB 700019, India
Cell Signal 27:189-203. 2015..miR-17 overexpression reduced cytoprotective autophagy by targeting Beclin-1, whereas overexpression of miR-16 potentiated paclitaxel induced apoptotic cell death by inhibiting anti-apoptotic protein Bcl-2. ..
- HIV-1 Tat C modulates NOX2 and NOX4 expressions through miR-17 in a human microglial cell lineVaishnavi Sunil Jadhav
Laboratory of Neurovirology and Inflammation Biology, CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology CCMB, Hyderabad, India
J Neurochem 131:803-15. 2014..This study thus demonstrated a novel miR-17-mediated regulatory pathway of ROS production in microglial cells. HMC3 = human microglia clone 3 cell lines. ..
- Transcriptional dynamics in colorectal carcinogenesis: new insights into the role of c-Myc and miR17 in benign to cancer transformationEyal Ben-David
Department of Genetics, The Life Sciences Institute, Edmond J Safra Campus, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Cancer Res 74:5532-40. 2014..The analysis of miRNAs targets pointed toward the involvement of miR17 in the regulation of colon cell differentiation...
- MicroRNA expression profile of bromocriptine-resistant prolactinomasZhe Bao Wu
Department of Neurosurgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325000, China Electronic address
Mol Cell Endocrinol 395:10-8. 2014..Mir-93 directly affected p21 expression in MMQ cells by targeting the 3'-UTR. Our study is the first to identify a miRNA expression profile associated with bromocriptine-resistant prolactinoma. ..
- MiR-17-5p modulates osteoblastic differentiation and cell proliferation by targeting SMAD7 in non-traumatic osteonecrosisJie Jia
Department of Orthopedics, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Exp Mol Med 46:e107. 2014..Together, our data suggested a theory that dysfunction of a network containing miR-17-5p, SMAD7 and β-catenin could contribute to ON pathogenesis. The present study prompts the potential clinical value of miR-17-5p in non-traumatic ON. ..
- Differential regulation of aggressive features in melanoma cells by members of the miR-17-92 complexEyal Greenberg
Sheba Medical Center, Ella Institute of Melanoma, Ramat Gan, Israel Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Open Biol 4:140030. 2014..This suggests that the two non-seed nucleotides dictate target sequence recognition and overall functional relevance. These miRNAs are clearly not redundant in melanoma cell biology. ..
- Unraveling natalizumab effects on deregulated miR-17 expression in CD4+ T cells of patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisMaria Meira
Clinical Neuroimmunology, Departments of Biomedicine and Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Immunol Res 2014:897249. 2014..These findings support an effect of natalizumab on expression of specific miRNA and subsequent expression of genes involved in proliferation and control of the cell cycle...
- MicroRNA-17, 20a regulates the proangiogenic function of tumor-associated macrophages via targeting hypoxia-inducible factor 2αZhenqun Xu
Key Laboratory of Gene Engineering of the Ministry of Education, State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
PLoS ONE 8:e77890. 2013....
- miRConnect 2.0: identification of oncogenic, antagonistic miRNA families in three human cancersYoujia Hua
Feinberg School of Medicine, Division Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
BMC Genomics 14:179. 2013..We recently developed a method to connect miRNAs to biological function by comparing miRNA and gene array expression data from the NCI60 cell lines without using miRNA target predictions (miRConnect)...
- miR-17-5p and miR-106a are involved in the balance between osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cellsHongling Li
Center of Excellence in Tissue Engineering, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dongdansantiao, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Stem Cell Res 10:313-24. 2013..In conclusion, miR-17-5p and miR-106a regulate osteogenic and adipogenic lineage commitment of hADSCs by directly targeting BMP2, and subsequently decreased osteogenic TAZ, MSX2 and Runx2, and increased adipogenic C/EBPα and PPARγ...
- Regulation of miR-17-92a cluster processing by the microRNA binding protein SND1Eva Marie Heinrich
Institute of Cardiovascular Regeneration, Center for Molecular Medicine, Frankfurt, Germany
FEBS Lett 587:2405-11. 2013..SND1 silencing resolved this block in processing and induced an increase in mature miRs. Together, SND1 might be the missing link between hypoxia and the differential regulation of miRNA processing. ..
- Dual downregulation of microRNA 17-5p and E2F1 transcriptional factor in pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus patientsHeba Ragaee Abdelhakam Aboelenein
The Molecular Pathology Research Group, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, German University in Cairo GUC New Cairo City, Main Entrance Al Tagamoa Al Khames, Cairo 11835, Egypt
Rheumatol Int 33:1333-8. 2013..This may suggest an expression pattern of miRNA 17-5p and its target E2F1 that may be specific to SLE. [corrected]...
- Estrogen receptor β expression induces changes in the microRNA pool in human colon cancer cellsKarin Edvardsson
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Carcinogenesis 34:1431-41. 2013..Our work contributes novel data of ERβ and miRNA in the colon. Elucidating the mechanism of ERβ and biomarkers of its activity has significant potential to impact colon cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Circulating miR-17-3p, miR-29a, miR-92a and miR-135b in serum: Evidence against their usage as biomarkers in colorectal cancerPetra Faltejskova
Department of Comprehensive Cancer Care, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
Cancer Biomark 12:199-204. 2012..Therefore, there is a high demand for cost-effective and non-invasive biomarkers that would enable an early detection of asymptomatic and curable disease with high sensitivity and specificity...
- Repression of miR-17-5p with elevated expression of E2F-1 and c-MYC in non-metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma and enhancement of cell growth upon reversing this expression patternH M El Tayebi
The Molecular Pathology Research Group, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, German University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 434:421-7. 2013..In addition we show that miR-17-5p is the key player among the triad that tumor growth and spread...
- Epigenetic regulation of miR-17~92 contributes to the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosisDuaa Dakhlallah
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, College of Medicine, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 187:397-405. 2013..The miR-17~92 miRNA cluster is critical for lung development and lung epithelial cell homeostasis and is predicted to target fibrotic genes and DNA methyltransferase (DNMT)-1 expression...
- Increased expression of microRNA-17 predicts poor prognosis in human gliomaShengkui Lu
Department of Neurosurgery, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, No 215 Hepingxi Road, Hebei Province, Shijiazhuang City 050000, China
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:970761. 2012..To investigate the clinical significance of microRNA-17 (miR-17) expression in human gliomas...
- Plasma miR-17-5p, miR-20a and miR-22 are down-regulated in women with endometriosisShuang Zheng Jia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, PR China
Hum Reprod 28:322-30. 2013..Can plasma microRNAs be used as a non-invasive diagnostic test for the detection of endometriosis?..
- The miR-17 family links p63 protein to MAPK signaling to promote the onset of human keratinocyte differentiationNing Wu
CEA, Laboratoire de Biologie à Grande Echelle, Grenoble, France
PLoS ONE 7:e45761. 2012....
- miR-17-5p inhibitor enhances chemosensitivity to gemcitabine via upregulating Bim expression in pancreatic cancer cellsHai Jiao Yan
Department of Tumor Biological Treatment, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Changzhou, 213003, People s Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 57:3160-7. 2012..Gemcitabine is the standard first-line chemotherapeutic agent for pancreatic cancer, however the chemoresistance limits the curative effect...
- MiR-15a, miR-16-1 and miR-17-92 cluster expression are linked to poor prognosis in multiple myelomaXiao Gao
Department of Hematology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province Hospital, Nanjing, China
Leuk Res 36:1505-9. 2012..Our data suggest that the expression of specific miRNAs may be contributing to MM prognosis...
- Regulation of human lung alveolar multipotent cells by a novel p38α MAPK/miR-17-92 axisFeride Oeztuerk-Winder
CSCR Wellcome Trust Centre for Stem Cell Research, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 31:3431-41. 2012..Disruption of the proper cross-regulation of this signalling axis might be involved in the promotion of human lung diseases...
- MiR-17-5p targets TP53INP1 and regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis of cervical cancer cellsQian Wei
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Department of Microbiology, Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
IUBMB Life 64:697-704. 2012..The same correlations between miR-17-5p and TP53INP1 were observed in cervical cancer tissues. Together, these results indicated that miR-17-5p functions as a tumor suppressor in cervical cancer cells by targeting TP53INP1...
- miR-17-5p as a novel prognostic marker for hepatocellular carcinomaLing Chen
Department of General Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Invest Surg 25:156-61. 2012..In this study, we investigate the expression and clinical significance of miR-17-5p in human HCC...
- Preeclampsia up-regulates angiogenesis-associated microRNA (i.e., miR-17, -20a, and -20b) that target ephrin-B2 and EPHB4 in human placentaWen Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1051-9. 2012..MicroRNA (miRNA) are a class of noncoding 21- to 25-nucleotide RNA that negatively regulate gene expression posttranscriptionly...
- Expression of NPAS3 in the human cortex and evidence of its posttranscriptional regulation by miR-17 during development, with implications for schizophreniaJenny Wong
Schizophrenia Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
Schizophr Bull 39:396-406. 2013..Further studies into how changes in NPAS3 or its miRNA regulator may influence the development of schizophrenia are warranted...
- Role of pri-miRNA tertiary structure in miR-17~92 miRNA biogenesisSteven G Chaulk
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
RNA Biol 8:1105-14. 2011..In summary, we describe the first example of pri-miRNA structure modulating differential expression of constituent miRNAs...
- miR-17-5p targets the p300/CBP-associated factor and modulates androgen receptor transcriptional activity in cultured prostate cancer cellsAi Yu Gong
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
BMC Cancer 12:492. 2012..Distinct miRNA expression profiles have been identified in PCa cells during the development and progression of the disease. Whether miRNAs regulate PCAF expression in PCa cells to regulate AR transcriptional activity is still unclear...
- Association between hsa-mir-146a genotype and tumor age-of-onset in BRCA1/BRCA2-negative familial breast and ovarian cancer patientsChiara Pastrello
Unit of Experimental Oncology 1, Department of Molecular Oncology and Translational Research, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, CRO Aviano National Cancer Institute, 33081 Aviano, Italy
Carcinogenesis 31:2124-6. 2010....
- miR-17* suppresses tumorigenicity of prostate cancer by inhibiting mitochondrial antioxidant enzymesYong Xu
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e14356. 2010..These results suggest that miR-17* may suppress tumorigenicity of prostate cancer through inhibition of mitochondrial antioxidant enzymes...
- MicroRNAs miR-17 and miR-20a inhibit T cell activation genes and are under-expressed in MS whole bloodMathew B Cox
Hunter Medical Research Institute, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e12132. 2010..The same T cell activation genes are also up-regulated in MS whole blood mRNA, suggesting these miRNAs or their analogues may provide useful targets for new therapeutic approaches...
- Vitamin D3 up-regulated protein 1(VDUP1) is regulated by FOXO3A and miR-17-5p at the transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels, respectively, in senescent fibroblastsDe Xiang Zhuo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Health Science Center, Peking University, 100191 Beijing, China
J Biol Chem 285:31491-501. 2010..These results indicated that VDUP1 expression was regulated by FOXO3A at the transcriptional level and by miR-17-5p at the post-transcriptional levels during the senescence process...
- miR-17-5p promotes human breast cancer cell migration and invasion through suppression of HBP1Hongling Li
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Center of Excellence in Tissue Engineering, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dongdansantiao, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:565-75. 2011..These findings suggest that miR-17-5p plays an important role in breast cancer cell invasion and migration by suppressing HBP1 and subsequent activation of Wnt/β-catenin...
- Megakaryocytic expression of miRNA 10a, 17-5p, 20a and 126 in Philadelphia chromosome-negative myeloproliferative neoplasmKais Hussein
Institute of Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30615 Hanover, Germany
Ann Hematol 88:325-32. 2009..No association to thrombocytosis, JAK2(V617F) mutations or cytoreductive treatment (bone marrow cells) were observed...
- miR-17-5p Promotes migration of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells through the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-heat shock protein 27 pathwayFu Yang
Department of Medical Genetics, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Hepatology 51:1614-23. 2010..Finally, we show that miR-17-5p expression correlates well with HSP27 status in primary human HCC tissues with metastasis...
- Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancerJie Shen
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Int J Cancer 124:1178-82. 2009..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined...
- The miR-17-92 cluster is over expressed in and has an oncogenic effect on renal cell carcinomaTsz fung F Chow
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 183:743-51. 2010..We also elucidated the role of miRNA in clear cell renal cell carcinoma pathogenesis with bioinformatics...
- Cutting edge: TNF-induced microRNAs regulate TNF-induced expression of E-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on human endothelial cells: feedback control of inflammationYajaira Suarez
Department of Immunobiology and Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8089, USA
J Immunol 184:21-5. 2010..Conversely, transfections with mimics of these miRNAs decreased neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells. These data suggest that miRNAs provide negative feedback control of inflammation...
- MicroRNA-17 post-transcriptionally regulates polycystic kidney disease-2 gene and promotes cell proliferationHuan Sun
Core Facility of Genetically Engineered Mice, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 1 Keyuan the Fourth Road, The District of Hi and Tech, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:2951-8. 2010..This suggested that microRNA might be a novel mechanism for cystogenesis as well as a potential therapeutic target for the cell proliferation of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD)...
- MiR-17-92 cluster is associated with 13q gain and c-myc expression during colorectal adenoma to adenocarcinoma progressionB Diosdado
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam 1081HV, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 101:707-14. 2009..We investigated the contribution of the miR-17-92 cluster during colorectal adenoma to adenocarcinoma progression...
- MicroRNA regulation of a cancer network: consequences of the feedback loops involving miR-17-92, E2F, and MycBaltazar D Aguda
Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio State University, 1735 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19678-83. 2008..Using the concept and model prediction of a "cancer zone," the oncogenic and tumor suppressor properties of miR-17-92 is demonstrated to parallel the same properties of E2F and Myc...
- Suppression of p21 by c-Myc through members of miR-17 family at the post-transcriptional levelZaozao Wang
Laboratory of Cell and Molecular Biology and State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, PR China
Int J Oncol 37:1315-21. 2010..These results suggest c-Myc could further repress p21 expression at the post-transcriptional level through some, but not all, members of miR-17 family...
- MicroRNA-17-92 significantly enhances radioresistance in human mantle cell lymphoma cellsPing Jiang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Radiat Oncol 5:100. 2010....
- [5-azacytidine suppresses K562 cell line proliferation by down-regulation of miR-17-19b]Yang Yang
Department of Hematology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1451-4. 2010..Expression of miR-17-19b is inhibited in K562 cell line after 5-aza treatment. Inhibition of miR-19a in vitro can suppress the proliferation of K562 cell line...
- MicroRNAs MiR-17, MiR-20a, and MiR-106b act in concert to modulate E2F activity on cell cycle arrest during neuronal lineage differentiation of USSCHans Ingo Trompeter
University Düsseldorf, Medical Faculty, Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e16138. 2011..Here the functional impact of microRNAs on cell cycle arrest during neuronal lineage differentiation of unrestricted somatic stem cells from human cord blood (USSC) was analyzed...
- Mir-17-3p controls spinal neural progenitor patterning by regulating Olig2/Irx3 cross-repressive loopJun An Chen
Departments of Pathology and Cell Biology, Neurology, and Neuroscience, Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 69:721-35. 2011....
- Induction of MiR-17-3p and MiR-106a [corrected] by TNFα and LPSXin Jiang
Signosis, Inc, 528 Weddell Drive 5, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 29:164-70. 2011..These results suggested that the expression of miR-17-3p and miR-106a is regulated by TNFα and LPS in HeLa cells...
- STAT3 mediates resistance to MEK inhibitor through microRNA miR-17Bingbing Dai
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 71:3658-68. 2011..Our findings suggest novel approaches to overcome resistance to MEK inhibitors by combining AZD6244 with STAT3 or miR-17 inhibitors...
- miR-17~92 cooperates with RB pathway mutations to promote retinoblastomaKarina Conkrite
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Genes Dev 25:1734-45. 2011..These results demonstrate that the oncogenic determinants of miR-17~92 are context-specific and provide new insights into miR-17~92 function as an RB-collaborating gene in cancer...
- MiR-17/106b seed family regulates p21 in Hodgkin's lymphomaJohan H Gibcus
Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Pathol 225:609-17. 2011..Thus, in HL high miR-17/106b expression contributes to a dysfunctional p53 pathway and thereby also to the malignant phenotype...
- Elevated expression of the miR-17-92 polycistron and miR-21 in hepadnavirus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma contributes to the malignant phenotypeErin Connolly
Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Pathol 173:856-64. 2008..The combination of assays presented here supports a role for these miRNAs in the maintenance of the malignant transformation of hepatocytes...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor-type O (PTPRO) is co-regulated by E2F1 and miR-17-92Xin Xu
Key Laboratory of Molecular Epigenetics of MOE, Institute of Genetics and Cytology, Northeast Normal University, Changchun 130024, China
FEBS Lett 582:2850-6. 2008..This study provides evidence that the PTPRO gene is co-regulated by both E2F1 and miR-17-92...
- Specific expression of miR-17-5p and miR-127 in testicular and central nervous system diffuse large B-cell lymphomaJan Lukas Robertus
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Mod Pathol 22:547-55. 2009..05). We conclude that the location of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is an important factor in determining the differential expression of miRNAs...
- miRNPs: a novel class of ribonucleoproteins containing numerous microRNAsZissimos Mourelatos
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6148, USA
Genes Dev 16:720-8. 2002..The genomic sequences predict that miRNAs are likely to be derived from larger precursors that have the capacity to form stem-loop structures...
- Age related ubiquitin defect on T-cell response to tumorHuang Ge Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The data generated should elucidate the cellular and molecular basis for the role of tumor exosomes and exosomal mHBTA1 in the development of age- and T cell-dependent breast cancer. ..
- Curcumin reverses tumor exosomes-mediated inhibition of myeloid differentiationHuang Ge Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..RELEVANCE: The data generated should identify a novel mechanism for the actions of curcumin and identify its molecular targets in preventing CSN5/tumor exosome-mediated blockade of myeloid cell differentiation. ..
- lung tumor exosome-mediated inflammation promotes tumor progression and growthHuang Ge Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..