Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR149
Description: microRNA 149
- Øster B, Linnet L, Christensen L, Thorsen K, Ongen H, Dermitzakis E, et al. Non-CpG island promoter hypomethylation and miR-149 regulate the expression of SRPX2 in colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:2303-15 pubmed publisher..The hypomethylation of SRPX2 is focal and not part of a large block. Furthermore, it often translates to an increased expression level, which may be modulated by miR-149. ..
- Lin R, Lin Y, Yu A. miR-149* induces apoptosis by inhibiting Akt1 and E2F1 in human cancer cells. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:719-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings not only provided the first evidence that Akt1 is a direct target of miRNA but also demonstrated that miR-149* is a pro-apoptotic miRNA by repressing the expression of Akt1 and E2F1. ..
- Liu Z, Li G, Wei S, Niu J, El Naggar A, Sturgis E, et al. Genetic variants in selected pre-microRNA genes and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer. 2010;116:4753-60 pubmed publisher..The combined risk genotypes of 4 common SNPs in pre-miRNAs were associated significantly with a moderately increased risk of SCCHN. Larger studies are needed to validate the current findings. ..
- Pan S, Zhan S, Pei B, Sun Q, Bian L, Sun B. MicroRNA-149 inhibits proliferation and invasion of glioma cells via blockade of AKT1 signaling. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:871-81 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings show that miR-149 as tumor suppressor may be involved in the proliferation and invasion of GM cells via blockade of the AKT1 signaling, and be considered as a candidate target for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Du W, Ma X, Zhao C, Liu T, Du Y, Kong W, et al. Associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms in miR-146a, miR-196a, miR-149 and miR-499 with colorectal cancer susceptibility. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:1047-55 pubmed..008-1.382, P = 0.040; heterozygous model: OR = 1.202, 95% CI 1.013-1.425, P = 0.013) in the Asian group. These findings supported that the miR-196a2 rs11614913 and miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphisms may contribute to susceptibility to CRC. ..
- Kim W, Min K, Jeon Y, Kwon C, Ko K, Park P, et al. Association study of microRNA polymorphisms with hepatocellular carcinoma in Korean population. Gene. 2012;504:92-7 pubmed publisher..miR-149C>T and miR-499A>G were associated with HBV-related HCC. Further studies on larger populations will need to be conducted to confirm these results. ..
- Chan S, Huang W, Chang J, Chang K, Kuo W, Wang M, et al. MicroRNA-149 targets GIT1 to suppress integrin signaling and breast cancer metastasis. Oncogene. 2014;33:4496-507 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-149 suppresses breast cancer cell migration/invasion and metastasis by targeting GIT1, suggesting potential applications of the miR-149-GIT1 pathway in clinical diagnosis and therapeutics. ..
- Zhang M, Jin M, Yu Y, Zhang S, Liu B, Jiang X, et al. Associations of lifestyle-related factors, hsa-miR-149 and hsa-miR-605 gene polymorphisms with gastrointestinal cancer risk. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51 Suppl 1:E21-31 pubmed publisher..In addition, irritability was shown to be a risk factor for both gastric and colorectal cancers...
- Vinci S, Gelmini S, Pratesi N, Conti S, Malentacchi F, Simi L, et al. Genetic variants in miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, miR-499 and their influence on relative expression in lung cancers. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;49:2073-80 pubmed publisher..042 and 1.77 OR). Our results seem to demonstrate that sequence variants of miR-196a2 can have an influence on its expression, while miR-146a can have a role in increasing the risk of NSCLC. ..
- Xu J, Hu Z, Xu Z, Gu H, Yi L, Cao H, et al. Functional variant in microRNA-196a2 contributes to the susceptibility of congenital heart disease in a Chinese population. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1231-6 pubmed publisher..001). In vitro binding assays further revealed that the rs11614913 variant affects HOXB8 binding to mature miR-196a. This is the first study to indicate that miR-196a2 rs11614913 plays a role in sporadic CHD susceptibility. ..
- Wang M, Ye Y, Qian H, Song Z, Jia X, Zhang Z, et al. Common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs are associated with risk of coal workers' pneumoconiosis. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:13-7 pubmed publisher..50, 95% CI=1.05-2.14 for stage II, and OR=3.33, 95% CI=1.67-6.65 for stage III). These results suggest that miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphism is involved in susceptibility to developing CWP. ..
- Xu L, Zhou X, Qiu M, Yin R, Wu Y, Xu L. Lack of association between hsa-miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphism and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 12 studies. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73762 pubmed publisher..Results of this meta-analysis suggest that the hsa-miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphism is not associated with cancer risk in spite of the potentially protective role of C allele in hepatocellular carcinoma and male gastric cancer. ..
- Zhang J, Liu Y, Gan Y. Lack of association between miR-149 C>T polymorphism and cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis based on 4,677 cases and 4,830 controls. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:8749-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that the miR-149 C>T polymorphism may not contribute to cancer susceptibility. ..
- Li D, Chen P, Li X, Zhang L, Xiong W, Zhou M, et al. Grade-specific expression profiles of miRNAs/mRNAs and docking study in human grade I-III astrocytomas. OMICS. 2011;15:673-82 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results may contribute to a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in astrocytoma tumorigenesis and malignant progression. ..
- Bischoff A, Huck B, Keller B, Strotbek M, Schmid S, Boerries M, et al. miR149 functions as a tumor suppressor by controlling breast epithelial cell migration and invasion. Cancer Res. 2014;74:5256-65 pubmed publisher..Profiling studies have revealed downregulation of miR149 in basal breast cancer...
- Wang Y, Zheng X, Zhang Z, Zhou J, Zhao G, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-149 inhibits proliferation and cell cycle progression through the targeting of ZBTB2 in human gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41693 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that miR-149 functions as a tumor suppressor in human gastric cancer by, at least partially through, targeting ZBTB2. ..
- Ahn D, Rah H, Choi Y, Jeon Y, Min K, Kwack K, et al. Association of the miR-146aC>G, miR-149T>C, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with gastric cancer risk and survival in the Korean population. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52 Suppl 1:E39-51 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that specific miRNA SNPs are associated with gastric cancer susceptibility (miR-499A>G) and prognosis (miR-146aC>G and miR-499A>G) in the Korean population depending on gastric cancer type...
- Wang F, Ma Y, Zhang P, Shen T, Shi C, Yang Y, et al. SP1 mediates the link between methylation of the tumour suppressor miR-149 and outcome in colorectal cancer. J Pathol. 2013;229:12-24 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that, as a methylation-sensitive miRNA, miR-149 may play an important role as a tumour suppressor in CRC, which has prognostic and therapeutic implications. ..
- Min K, Kim J, Jeon Y, Jang M, Chong S, Oh D, et al. Association of the miR-146aC>G, 149C>T, 196a2C>T, and 499A>G polymorphisms with colorectal cancer in the Korean population. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51 Suppl 1:E65-73 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the miRNA variants could affect the development of colorectal cancer in the Korean population. ..
- Luo Z, Zhang L, Li Z, Jiang C, Dai Y, Liu X, et al. miR-149 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;36:604-9 pubmed publisher..miR-149 might be involved in the invasion and metastasis of NPC through regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT). ..
- Shen X, Li J, Liao W, Wang J, Chen H, Yao Y, et al. microRNA-149 targets caspase-2 in glioma progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26388-99 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that targeting miR-149 may be a novel therapy strategy for treating p53 wild type glioma tumors in humans. ..
- Cho S, Chung K, Kim J, Jang H, Yoo J, Choi Y, et al. Association of miR-146aC>G, miR-149C>T, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with risk of recurrent implantation failure in Korean women. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;202:14-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that expression levels of miR-146aC>G, miR-196a2T>C and putative gene-gene interaction between miR-146a, miR-196a2, miR-149 may be involved in RIF development in Korean women. ..
- Xue L, Wang Y, Yue S, Zhang J. Low MiR-149 expression is associated with unfavorable prognosis and enhanced Akt/mTOR signaling in glioma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11178-84 pubmed..Our study thus demonstrates that miR-149 expression in glioma tissues is critically associated with the prognosis of patients, suggesting its potential clinical significance. ..
- Li C, Ni J, Liu Y, Wang H, Liang Z, Wang X. Response of MiRNA-22-3p and MiRNA-149-5p to Folate Deficiency and the Differential Regulation of MTHFR Expression in Normal and Cancerous Human Hepatocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0168049 pubmed publisher..The results also implied that miR-22-3p/miR-149-5p might exert anticancer effects in cases of long-term FA deficiency. ..
- He D, Gu X, Li Y, Jiang L, Jin J, Ma X. Methylation-regulated miR-149 modulates chemoresistance by targeting GlcNAc N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase-1 in human breast cancer. FEBS J. 2014;281:4718-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that miR-149 is regulated by methylation, and is a modulator of cancer chemoresistance by targeting NDST1. ..
- She X, Yu Z, Cui Y, Lei Q, Wang Z, Xu G, et al. miR-128 and miR-149 enhance the chemosensitivity of temozolomide by Rap1B-mediated cytoskeletal remodeling in glioblastoma. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:957-64 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-128 and miR-149 enhanced the chemosensitivity of glioblastoma cells to TMZ. ..
- Zhan Y, Xiang F, Wu R, Xu J, Ni Z, Jiang J, et al. MiRNA-149 modulates chemosensitivity of ovarian cancer A2780 cells to paclitaxel by targeting MyD88. J Ovarian Res. 2015;8:48 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miRNA-149 mediates the susceptibility of paclitaxel by regulating MyD88 expression in ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Gu Y, Yuan Q, Zhang H, Wang C, Zhou F. Association between five common polymorphisms in microRNA genes and the risk of gastric cancer: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:8375-87 pubmed publisher..However, this does not necessarily completely rule out a correlation between miRNA polymorphisms and GC susceptibility. ..
- Zhu M, Li D, Jin M, Li M. Association between microRNA polymorphisms and the risk of inflammatory bowel disease. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:5297-308 pubmed publisher..Therefore, mir?196a rs11614913 may contribute to the progression of IBD-CRC. ..
- Wang C, Sturgis E, Chen X, Zheng H, Wei Q, Li G. Pre-miRNA variants as predictors of clinical outcome in patients with squamous cell carcinomas of the nonoropharynx. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26444-53 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies with larger sample sizes are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Lin L, Zhang Y, Chen Z, Chen Y, Ren C. The clinicopathological significance of miR-149 and PARP-2 in hepatocellular carcinoma and their roles in chemo/radiotherapy. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:12339-12346 pubmed..Although both miR-149 overexpression and PARP-2 inhibitor exert some antitumoral effect, PARP-2 inhibitor is a chemo/radio sensor and can be used to enhance chemotherapy and radiotherapy in patients with HCC. ..
- Xu K, Liu X, Mao X, Xue L, Wang R, Chen L, et al. MicroRNA-149 suppresses colorectal cancer cell migration and invasion by directly targeting forkhead box transcription factor FOXM1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:499-515 pubmed publisher..mR-149 was an independent prognostic factor and could inhibit migration and invasion of CRC cells, at least partially by targeting FOXM1. ..
- Ali Sheikh M, Xia K, Li F, Deng X, Salma U, Deng H, et al. Circulating miR-765 and miR-149: potential noninvasive diagnostic biomarkers for geriatric coronary artery disease patients. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:740301 pubmed publisher..938, 0.977 in stable CAD patients and unstable CAD patients as compared with healthy subjects, respectively. Plasma levels of miR-765 and miR-149 might be used as noninvasive biomarkers for the diagnosis of CAD in geriatric people. ..
- Yang H, Lu Q, Wu X, Ma H, Qu Y, Zhang D, et al. Association of genetic variations in miR-146a rs2910164 and miR-149 rs11614913 with the development of classic Kaposi sarcoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..06, 95%CI = 1.04-20.29). In conclusion, our study demonstrated that miR-146a, but not miR-149 polymorphism, is associated with risk to classic Kaposi sarcoma in the Chinese population. ..
- Sushma P, Jamil K, Kumar P, Satyanarayana U, Ramakrishna M, Triveni B. Genetic Variation in MicroRNAs and Risk of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma in South Indian Population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:7589-94 pubmed..CT and TT genotypes of miR149 polymorphism were found to be significantly associated with OSCC (p = 0.05 and 0.07)...
- Xu Y, Chen X, Lin L, Chen H, Yu S, Li D. MicroRNA-149 is associated with clinical outcome in human neuroblastoma and modulates cancer cell proliferation through Rap1 independent of MYCN amplification. Biochimie. 2017;139:1-8 pubmed publisher..MiR-149 is downregulated in NB and closely associated with NB patients' clinical outcome. MiR-149 also functionally modulates NB cell proliferation in vitro, possibly through inverse-regulation on Rap1. ..
- Yuan J, Chen M, Xu Q, Liang J, Chen R, Xiao Y, et al. Effect of the Diabetic Environment On the Expression of MiRNAs in Endothelial Cells: Mir-149-5p Restoration Ameliorates the High Glucose-Induced Expression of TNF-? and ER Stress Markers. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:120-135 pubmed publisher..TNF-? and miR-149-5p were differentially expressed in T2DM vascular endothelial injury. The over-expression of miR-149-5p ameliorates the high glucose-induced injury in the HUVECs by regulating the expression of TNF-? and ERS markers. ..
- Liu X, Xie T, Mao X, Xue L, Chu X, Chen L. MicroRNA-149 Increases the Sensitivity of Colorectal Cancer Cells to 5-Fluorouracil by Targeting Forkhead Box Transcription Factor FOXM1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:617-29 pubmed publisher..MiR-149 reverses the resistance of CRC cells to 5-FU by directly targeting FOXM1. Thus, targeting miR-149/FOXM1 signaling will be a potential strategy in the treatment of 5-FU-chemoresistant CRC. ..
- Hu D, Zhang Z, Ke X, Kang H, Hong S. A functional variant of miRNA-149 confers risk for allergic rhinitis and comorbid asthma in Chinese children. Int J Immunogenet. 2017;44:62-70 pubmed publisher..it may lead to an increase in the susceptibility to allergies following the stimulation with an allergen, through the changes in miR149 expression. Additionally, AR patients with CC genotypes were shown to be more susceptible to asthma.
- Fan S, Li H, Cui G, Kong X, Sun L, Zhao Y, et al. miRNA-149* promotes cell proliferation and suppresses apoptosis by mediating JunB in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2016;41:62-70 pubmed publisher..Again, inhibitors prevented these effects. Our findings demonstrate that miRNA-149* may serve as an oncogenic regulator in T-ALL by negatively regulating JunB. ..
- Shen W, Liu J, Zhao G, Fan M, Song G, Zhang Y, et al. Repression of Toll-like receptor-4 by microRNA-149-3p is associated with smoking-related COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2017;12:705-715 pubmed publisher..Reducing miR-149-3p may increase the inflammatory response in COPD patients through the regulation of the TLR-4/NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Gu J, Tu L. Investigating the role of polymorphisms in miR-146a, -149, and -196a2 in the development of gastric cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..67, 95%CI = 1.01-2.75; P = 0.03). In conclusion, the results of our study indicated that the miR-196a2 polymorphism was associated with gastric cancer development. ..
- Kong Y, Cui M, Chen S, Xu Y, Xu Y, Tao Z. LncRNA-LINC00460 facilitates nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumorigenesis through sponging miR-149-5p to up-regulate IL6. Gene. 2018;639:77-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have uncovered that LINC00460 could be regarded as a novel prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target in NPC diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Liu M, Chen W, He Y, Gu Y. Role of miR-149C>T polymorphisms on the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:7184-9 pubmed publisher..85, 95%CI=2.49-13.77) had an increased risk of HCC. In summary, our study found that miRNA-149C>T polymorphism is associated with risk of HCC, especially in HBV-infected patients. ..
- Hong M, Choi Y, Jang J, Jung H, Lee S, Lee W, et al. Association between genetic variants in pre-microRNAs and survival of early-stage NSCLC. J Thorac Oncol. 2013;8:703-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-149 and miR-196a may be involved in the pathogenesis of NSCLC, and that rs2292832 and rs11614913 can be used as prognostic markers for patients with surgically resected early-stage NSCLC. ..
- Fogli S, Polini B, Carpi S, Pardini B, Naccarati A, Dubbini N, et al. Identification of plasma microRNAs as new potential biomarkers with high diagnostic power in human cutaneous melanoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701646 pubmed publisher..The triple classifier had a high capacity to discriminate between melanoma patients and healthy controls, making it suitable to be used in early melanoma diagnosis. ..
- Miao L, Wang L, Zhu L, Du J, Zhu X, Niu Y, et al. Association of microRNA polymorphisms with the risk of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in a Chinese population: a case-control study. Chin J Cancer. 2016;35:77 pubmed publisher..Our study provided the evidence that miR-605 rs2043556 and miR-196a2 rs11614913 may have an impact on genetic susceptibility to OSCC in Chinese population. ..
- Jin L, Li Y, Liu J, Yang S, Gui Y, Mao X, et al. Tumor suppressor miR-149-5p is associated with cellular migration, proliferation and apoptosis in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:5386-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, further exploration regarding the pathways underlying the effects of miR?149?5p in RCC is required. ..
- Hu Y, Qin X, Yan D, Cao H, Zhou L, Fan F, et al. Genome-wide profiling of micro-RNA expression in gefitinib-resistant human lung adenocarcinoma using microarray for the identification of miR-149-5p modulation. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317691659 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study revealed that miR-149-5p is upregulated in the HCC827/GR-8-1 cells and involved in the acquired gefitinib resistance. ..
- Ghasemi A, Fallah S, Ansari M. MicroRNA-149 is epigenetically silenced tumor-suppressive microRNA, involved in cell proliferation and downregulation of AKT1 and cyclin?D1 in human glioblastoma multiforme. Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;94:569-576 pubmed..01). These findings suggest that the methylation mechanism is associated with decreased expression levels of miR-149, which may in turn lead to the increased levels of its oncogenic target proteins. ..
- Palmieri D, Capponi S, Geroldi A, Mura M, Mandich P, Palombo D. TNF? induces the expression of genes associated with endothelial dysfunction through p38MAPK-mediated down-regulation of miR-149. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:246-51 pubmed publisher..No effect was detected on IL-8 expression. Our results suggest that miR-149 represents an important new regulator of endothelial function through negative regulation of molecules associated with TNF?-induced endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Luo G, Chao Y, Tang B, Li B, Xiao Y, Xie R, et al. miR-149 represses metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting actin-regulatory proteins PPM1F. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37808-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicates that miR-149 is a potential prognostic biomarker of HCC and that the miR-149/PPM1F regulatory axis represents a novel therapeutic target for HCC treatment. ..
- Sung J, Kim S, Yang W, Kim W, Moon J, Kim I, et al. miRNA polymorphisms (miR?146a, miR?149, miR?196a2 and miR?499) are associated with the risk of coronary artery disease. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:2328-42 pubmed publisher..The combined effects of environmental factor and genotype combination of miRNA polymorphisms may contribute to CAD prevalence. ..
- Bischoff A, BayerlovÃ¡ M, Strotbek M, Schmid S, Beissbarth T, Olayioye M. A global microRNA screen identifies regulators of the ErbB receptor signaling network. Cell Commun Signal. 2015;13:5 pubmed publisher..Given the contribution of HRG signaling and the PI3K-Akt pathway in particular to tumorigenesis, this study not only provides mechanistic insight into the function of miRNAs but also has implications for future clinical applications. ..
- Wang Z, Wei M, Ren Y, Liu H, Wang M, Shi K, et al. miR149 rs71428439 polymorphism and risk of clear cell renal cell carcinoma: a case-control study. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12127-30 pubmed publisher..In this study, we enrolled 1,000 CCRCC patients and 1,000 cancer-free controls to evaluate the association of miR149 rs71428439 with the risk of CCRCC by a case-control study to determine the effects on CCRCC risk...
- Wu C, Gong Y, Sun A, Zhang Y, Zhang C, Zhang W, et al. The human MTHFR rs4846049 polymorphism increases coronary heart disease risk through modifying miRNA binding. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2013;23:693-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that rs4846049 (G > T) of MTHFR is associated with increased risk for CHD. We also identified a potentially pathogenetic mechanism of SNP-modified posttranscriptional gene regulation by miRNAs to MTHFR. ..
- Alipoor B, Meshkani R, Ghaedi H, Sharifi Z, Panahi G, Golmohammadi T. Association of miR-146a rs2910164 and miR-149 rs2292832 Variants with Susceptibility to Type 2 Diabetes. Clin Lab. 2016;62:1553-1561 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-146a rs2910164 polymorphism might be associated with T2D and its cardiovascular risk factors in an Iranian population. ..
- Lindor N, Larson M, DeRycke M, McDonnell S, Baheti S, Fogarty Z, et al. Germline miRNA DNA variants and the risk of colorectal cancer by subtype. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:177-184 pubmed publisher..2016 The Authors Genes, Chromosomes & Cancer Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Cîmpeanu R, Popescu D, Burada F, Cucu M, Gheonea D, Ioana M, et al. miR-149 rs2292832 C>T polymorphism and risk of gastric cancer. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2017;58:125-129 pubmed..92, 95% CI 0.68-1.24, p=0.57). The sub-classification of gastric cancer into non-cardia and cardia or intestinal and diffuse type did not reveal any statistically significant difference for investigated polymorphism. ..
- Pratedrat P, Sopipong W, Makkoch J, Praianantathavorn K, Chuaypen N, Tangkijvanich P, et al. Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in miR-149 (rs2292832) and miR-101-1 (rs7536540) Are Not Associated with Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Thai Patients with Hepatitis B Virus Infection. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:6457-61 pubmed..However, this research is the first study of miR-149 (rs2292832) and miR-101-1 (rs7536540) in HCC in Thai populations and the results need to be confirmed with a larger population. ..
- Wang R, Zhang J, Ma Y, Chen L, Guo S, Zhang X, et al. Association study of miR?149 rs2292832 and miR?608 rs4919510 and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a large?scale population. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:2736-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, these two SNPs were shown not to be correlated with a range of clinical characteristics. The present study may provide an indicator for identification of the high risk of HCC in patients. ..
- An X, Yang Z, An Z. MiR-149 Compromises the Reactions of Liver Cells to Fatty Acid via its Polymorphism and Increases Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) Risk by Targeting Methylene Tetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR). Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:2299-2307 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS The data suggested that the polymorphism in miR-149 played an important role in the development of NAFLD via altering the expression of miR-149 as well as its target, MTHFR. ..
- Jia H, Yu H, Liu Q. Single nucleotide polymorphisms of MIR-149 gene rs2292832 contributes to the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma, but not overall cancer: a meta-analysis. Minerva Med. 2016;107:259-69 pubmed..However, a study with a larger sample size is needed to further evaluate gene-environment interaction on MIR-149 gene rs2292832 polymorphism and HCC risk. ..
- Santini P, Politi L, Vedova P, Scandurra R, Scotto D Abusco A. The inflammatory circuitry of miR-149 as a pathological mechanism in osteoarthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2014;34:711-6 pubmed publisher..OA is a multifactorial disease and we think that our results give new insights for understanding the complex mechanisms of osteoarthritic pathogenesis. ..
- Tian P, Yan L. Inhibition of MicroRNA-149-5p Induces Apoptosis of Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cell Line THP-1 by Targeting Fas Ligand (FASLG). Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:5116-5123 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Inhibition of miR-149-5p can induce apoptosis in THP-1 cells. These inductive effects might be via targeting FASLG and activating FADD and caspases. ..
- Silva B, Lima K, Gonçalves L, Silveira M, Moraes K. MicroRNA Profiling of the Effect of the Heptapeptide Angiotensin-(1-7) in A549 Lung Tumor Cells Reveals a Role for miRNA149-3p in Cellular Migration Processes. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0162094 pubmed publisher..Once functional analyses were performed, we demonstrated that miRNA-149-3p plays a role in the cellular migration processes. This information could be useful for future investigations on drug development. ..
- Xiao J, Lv D, Zhao Y, Chen X, Song M, Liu J, et al. miR-149 controls non-alcoholic fatty liver by targeting FGF-21. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1603-8 pubmed publisher..These data implicate that miR-149 might be a novel therapeutic target for NAFLD. ..
- Jeon Y, Kim O, Kim S, Oh S, Oh D, Kim O, et al. Association of the miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, and miR-499 polymorphisms with ischemic stroke and silent brain infarction risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:420-30 pubmed publisher..The combined effects between microRNA polymorphisms and homocysteine/folate levels may contribute to stroke and SBI prevalence. ..
- Zhang Y, Shi J, Song C, Wang P, Dai L, Zhang J, et al. Association of mir-499 and mir-149 polymorphisms with cancer risk in the Chinese population: evidence from published studies. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2337-42 pubmed..This meta-analysis suggested that the rs3746444 GG genotype is associated with increased cancer risk, especially liver cancer, while the rs2292832 polymorphism showed no association with cancer risk in Chinese. ..
- Lulla A, Slifker M, Zhou Y, Lev A, Einarson M, Dicker D, et al. miR-6883 Family miRNAs Target CDK4/6 to Induce G1 Phase Cell-Cycle Arrest in Colon Cancer Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:6902-6913 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results established the foundations of a candidate miRNA-based theranostic strategy to improve colorectal cancer management. Cancer Res; 77(24); 6902-13. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Grieco F, Sebastiani G, Juan Mateu J, Villate O, Marroquí L, Ladriere L, et al. MicroRNAs miR-23a-3p, miR-23b-3p, and miR-149-5p Regulate the Expression of Proapoptotic BH3-Only Proteins DP5 and PUMA in Human Pancreatic ?-Cells. Diabetes. 2017;66:100-112 pubmed publisher..These results identify a novel cross talk between a key family of miRNAs and proapoptotic Bcl-2 proteins in human pancreatic ?-cells, broadening our understanding of cytokine-induced ?-cell apoptosis in early T1D. ..
- Pan X, Xiao X, Qin H, Zhang Z, Li Z, Gao L, et al. MicroRNA variants and colorectal cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Further studies should be carried out to validate these findings. ..
- Jeon Y, Kim S, Rah H, Choi D, Cha S, Yoon T, et al. Association of the miR-146aC>G, miR-149T>C, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with risk of spontaneously aborted fetuses. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2012;68:408-17 pubmed publisher..miR-196a2CC, miR-146aCC/miR-196a2CC, and miR-149TT/miR-196a2CC in fetuses are possible risk factors for spontaneous abortion. ..
- Feng Y, Duan F, Song C, Zhao X, Dai L, Cui S. Systematic evaluation of cancer risk associated with rs2292832 in miR?149 and rs895819 in miR?27a: a comprehensive and updated meta?analysis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:22368-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the rs2292832 polymorphism was significantly associated with increased breast cancer risk, and the rs895819 polymorphism contributes to the susceptibility of colorectal and breast cancer. ..