Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR146A
Description: microRNA 146a
Alias: MIRN146, MIRN146A, miR-146a, miRNA146A
- Sinha M, Ghose J, Das E, Bhattarcharyya N. Altered microRNAs in STHdh(Q111)/Hdh(Q111) cells: miR-146a targets TBP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:742-7 pubmed publisher..Using luciferase reporter assays with 3'-UTRs of TBP, over-expression and inhibition of miR-146a, we showed that miR-146a targets TBP. Regulation of TBP by miR-146a may contribute to HD pathogenesis. ..
- Du W, Ma X, Zhao C, Liu T, Du Y, Kong W, et al. Associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms in miR-146a, miR-196a, miR-149 and miR-499 with colorectal cancer susceptibility. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:1047-55 pubmed..008-1.382, P = 0.040; heterozygous model: OR = 1.202, 95% CI 1.013-1.425, P = 0.013) in the Asian group. These findings supported that the miR-196a2 rs11614913 and miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphisms may contribute to susceptibility to CRC. ..
- Xia P, Fang X, Zhang Z, Huang Q, Yan K, Kang K, et al. Dysregulation of miRNA146a versus IRAK1 induces IL-17 persistence in the psoriatic skin lesions. Immunol Lett. 2012;148:151-62 pubmed publisher..Inability of miR-146a inhibiting target gene IRAK1 may contribute to the persistent inflammation in lesions of psoriasis. ..
- Cui J, Li Y, Zhao Y, Bhattacharjee S, Lukiw W. Differential regulation of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-1 (IRAK-1) and IRAK-2 by microRNA-146a and NF-kappaB in stressed human astroglial cells and in Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38951-60 pubmed publisher..The combinatorial use of NF-?B inhibitors with miRNA-146a or antisense miRNA-146a may have potential as a bi-pronged therapeutic strategy directed against IRAK-2-driven pathogenic signaling. ..
- Liu Z, Xiao B, Tang B, Li B, Li N, Zhu E, et al. Up-regulated microRNA-146a negatively modulate Helicobacter pylori-induced inflammatory response in human gastric epithelial cells. Microbes Infect. 2010;12:854-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, H. pylori-induced miR-146a plays a potential role in a negative feedback loop to modulate the inflammation by targeting IRAK1 and TRAF6. ..
- Okubo M, Tahara T, Shibata T, Yamashita H, Nakamura M, Yoshioka D, et al. Association study of common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs in patients with ulcerative colitis. J Clin Immunol. 2011;31:69-73 pubmed publisher..21, 95% CI?=?1.17-4.18, p?=?0.016). Our results provided the first evidence that rs3746444 SNP may influence the susceptibility to UC, and both rs3746444 and rs11614913 SNPs may influence the pathophysiological features of UC. ..
- Xu W, Xu J, Liu S, Chen B, Wang X, Li Y, et al. Effects of common polymorphisms rs11614913 in miR-196a2 and rs2910164 in miR-146a on cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20471 pubmed publisher..Besides, the C allele of the rs2910164 might be associated with a protection from digestive cancer. ..
- Dikeakos P, Theodoropoulos G, Rizos S, Tzanakis N, Zografos G, Gazouli M. Association of the miR-146aC>G, miR-149T>C, and miR-196a2T>C polymorphisms with gastric cancer risk and survival in the Greek population. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:1075-80 pubmed publisher..002 and p = 0.001, respectively). Our data demonstrate that specific miRNA SNPs are associated with GC susceptibility in the Greek population. ..
- Avissar Whiting M, Veiga K, Uhl K, Maccani M, Gagne L, Moen E, et al. Bisphenol A exposure leads to specific microRNA alterations in placental cells. Reprod Toxicol. 2010;29:401-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that BPA can alter miRNA expression in placental cells, a potentially novel mode of BPA toxicity. ..
- Li Y, VandenBoom T, Wang Z, Kong D, Ali S, Philip P, et al. miR-146a suppresses invasion of pancreatic cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1486-95 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal DIM and isoflavone as nontoxic activators of a miRNA that can block pancreatic cancer cell invasion and metastasis, offering starting points to design novel anticancer agents. ..
- Qiu L, He J, Wang M, Zhang R, Shi T, Zhu M, et al. The association between common genetic variant of microRNA-146a and cancer susceptibility. Cytokine. 2011;56:695-8 pubmed publisher..Despite some limitations, this meta-analysis suggests that the miR-146a G allele is a low-penetrant risk factor for papillary thyroid carcinoma development. ..
- Mittal R, Gangwar R, George G, Mittal T, Kapoor R. Investigative role of pre-microRNAs in bladder cancer patients: a case-control study in North India. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:401-6 pubmed publisher..This could further provide new prospects for understanding the underlying mechanisms between miRNAs and disease etiology. ..
- Li L, Chen X, Li Y. MicroRNA-146a and human disease. Scand J Immunol. 2010;71:227-31 pubmed publisher..Potential use of miR-146a as a biomarker for disease diagnosis, prevention and treatment is also discussed. ..
- Chen G, Umelo I, Lv S, Teugels E, Fostier K, Kronenberger P, et al. miR-146a inhibits cell growth, cell migration and induces apoptosis in non-small cell lung cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60317 pubmed publisher..6 weeks in miR-146a high patients vs. 4.8 weeks in miR-146a low patients, P<0.05). miR-146a is therefore a strong candidate prognostic biomarker in NSCLC. Thus inducing miR-146a might be a therapeutic strategy for NSCLC. ..
- Jeon H, Lee Y, Lee S, Jang J, Choi Y, Yoo S, et al. A common polymorphism in pre-microRNA-146a is associated with lung cancer risk in a Korean population. Gene. 2014;534:66-71 pubmed publisher..02). These findings suggest that the rs2910164C>G in pre-miR-146a may contribute to genetic susceptibility to lung cancer, and that miR-146a might be involved in lung cancer development. ..
- Wu C, Cao Y, He Z, He J, Hu C, Duan H, et al. Serum levels of miR-19b and miR-146a as prognostic biomarkers for non-small cell lung cancer. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2014;232:85-95 pubmed..05). These data suggest that miR-19b and miR-146a are potential biomarkers for the prediction of survival and response to chemotherapy in NSCLC. ..
- Zhou Q, Kijlstra A, Hou S, Yu H, Zhang X, Li X, et al. Lack of association of miR-146a and Ets-1 gene polymorphisms with Fuchs uveitis syndrome in Chinese Han patients. Mol Vis. 2012;18:426-30 pubmed..Our results suggest that the investigated three SNPs, miR-146a/rs2910164, ets-1/rs1128334, and ets-1/rs10893872, are not associated with FUS in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Wang J, Bi J, Liu X, Li K, Di J, Wang B. Has-miR-146a polymorphism (rs2910164) and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 19 case-control studies. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:4571-9 pubmed publisher..However, further well-designed studies with large sample size will be necessary to validate the risk identified in the current meta-analysis. ..
- Chatzikyriakidou A, Voulgari P, Georgiou I, Drosos A. The role of microRNA-146a (miR-146a) and its target IL-1R-associated kinase (IRAK1) in psoriatic arthritis susceptibility. Scand J Immunol. 2010;71:382-5 pubmed publisher..394). This is the first study that addresses IRAK1 rs3027898 polymorphism association with PsA susceptibility, but further studies could help to understand the extent of the proposed association...
- Zhu K, Pan Q, Zhang X, Kong L, Fan J, Dai Z, et al. MiR-146a enhances angiogenic activity of endothelial cells in hepatocellular carcinoma by promoting PDGFRA expression. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2071-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-146a plays a key role in regulating the angiogenic activity of ECs in HCC through miR-146a-BRCA1-PDGFRA pathway. MiR-146a and PDGFRA may emerge as potential anti-angiogenic targets on ECs for HCC therapy. ..
- Hu X, Li L, Shang M, Zhou J, Song X, Lu X, et al. Association between microRNA genetic variants and susceptibility to colorectal cancer in Chinese population. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:2151-6 pubmed publisher..553; 95% CI?=?0.315-0.971; p?=?0.038). MiR-146a (rs2910164 G > C) polymorphism is associated with CRC susceptibility and histological differentiation in Chinese Han population. ..
- Starczynowski D, Kuchenbauer F, Argiropoulos B, Sung S, Morin R, Muranyi A, et al. Identification of miR-145 and miR-146a as mediators of the 5q- syndrome phenotype. Nat Med. 2010;16:49-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, inappropriate activation of innate immune signals in HSPCs phenocopies several clinical features of 5q- syndrome. ..
- Xu B, Feng N, Li P, Tao J, Wu D, Zhang Z, et al. A functional polymorphism in Pre-miR-146a gene is associated with prostate cancer risk and mature miR-146a expression in vivo. Prostate. 2010;70:467-72 pubmed publisher..The natural genetic variation in pre-miR-146a affects the amount of mature miR-146a, contributes to the genetic predisposition to CaP. ..
- Wang F, Sun G, Zou Y, Fan L, Song B. Lack of association of miR-146a rs2910164 polymorphism with gastrointestinal cancers: evidence from 10206 subjects. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39623 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we conducted a comprehensive literature search and a meta-analysis to clarify the association...
- Catucci I, Yang R, Verderio P, Pizzamiglio S, Heesen L, Hemminki K, et al. Evaluation of SNPs in miR-146a, miR196a2 and miR-499 as low-penetrance alleles in German and Italian familial breast cancer cases. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:E1052-7 pubmed publisher..None of the performed analyses showed statistically significant results. In conclusion, our data suggested lack of association between SNPs rs2910164, rs11614913 and rs3746444 and breast cancer risk, or age at breast cancer onset. ..
- Wei W, Wang Y, Li D, Wang Y, Wang X, Zhu Y, et al. Association between the rs2910164 polymorphism in pre-Mir-146a sequence and thyroid carcinogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56638 pubmed publisher..25, 95% CI 1.22-4.14, P?=?0.01) was the only risk factor in this study. Rs2910164 was not associated with increased risk of PTC and BN in Chinese patients, but may play a latent role in the transformation from BN to PTC. ..
- Liu Z, Lu C, Cui L, Hu Y, Yu Q, Jiang Y, et al. MicroRNA-146a modulates TGF-?1-induced phenotypic differentiation in human dermal fibroblasts by targeting SMAD4. Arch Dermatol Res. 2012;304:195-202 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that miR-146a may function as a novel negative regulator to modulate myofibroblast transdifferentiation during TGF-?1 induction by targeting SMAD4. ..
- Hung P, Liu C, Chou C, Kao S, Yang C, Chang K, et al. miR-146a enhances the oncogenicity of oral carcinoma by concomitant targeting of the IRAK1, TRAF6 and NUMB genes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79926 pubmed publisher..Oncogenic enhancement modulated by miR-146a expression is attenuated by exogenous IRAK1 or NUMB expression. This study shows that miR-146a expression contributes to oral carcinogenesis by targeting the IRAK1, TRAF6 and NUMB genes. ..
- Curtale G, Citarella F, Carissimi C, Goldoni M, Carucci N, Fulci V, et al. An emerging player in the adaptive immune response: microRNA-146a is a modulator of IL-2 expression and activation-induced cell death in T lymphocytes. Blood. 2010;115:265-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-146a enforced expression impairs both activator protein 1 (AP-1) activity and interleukin-2 (IL-2) production induced by TCR engagement, thus suggesting a role of this miRNA in the modulation of adaptive immunity. ..
- Hou Z, Xie L, Yu L, Qian X, Liu B. MicroRNA-146a is down-regulated in gastric cancer and regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis. Med Oncol. 2012;29:886-92 pubmed publisher..9 vs. 5.9%). Our results suggested that miR-146a has potential as a novel suppressor gene in gastric cancer and its down-regulation may promote the progression of gastric cancer. ..
- Liu Z, Li G, Wei S, Niu J, El Naggar A, Sturgis E, et al. Genetic variants in selected pre-microRNA genes and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer. 2010;116:4753-60 pubmed publisher..The combined risk genotypes of 4 common SNPs in pre-miRNAs were associated significantly with a moderately increased risk of SCCHN. Larger studies are needed to validate the current findings. ..
- Zilahi E, Tarr T, Papp G, Griger Z, Sipka S, Zeher M. Increased microRNA-146a/b, TRAF6 gene and decreased IRAK1 gene expressions in the peripheral mononuclear cells of patients with Sjögren's syndrome. Immunol Lett. 2012;141:165-8 pubmed publisher..These observations, however, need still wider confirmations. ..
- Okubo M, Tahara T, Shibata T, Yamashita H, Nakamura M, Yoshioka D, et al. Association between common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs and gastric cancer risk in Japanese population. Helicobacter. 2010;15:524-31 pubmed publisher..49, p =.03). The rs2910164 (G>C) SNP in the miR-146a is associated with susceptibility to GC. In addition, the rs11614913 (C>T) SNP in the miR-196a2 is associated with the degree of H. pylori-induced mononuclear cell infiltration. ..
- Boldin M, Taganov K, Rao D, Yang L, Zhao J, Kalwani M, et al. miR-146a is a significant brake on autoimmunity, myeloproliferation, and cancer in mice. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1189-201 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that miR-146a plays a key role as a molecular brake on inflammation, myeloid cell proliferation, and oncogenic transformation. ..
- Yue C, Wang M, Ding B, Wang W, Fu S, Zhou D, et al. Polymorphism of the pre-miR-146a is associated with risk of cervical cancer in a Chinese population. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;122:33-7 pubmed publisher..This is an initial study to indicate that miR-146a (rs2910164) might contribute to cervical cancer susceptibility. ..
- Kogo R, Mimori K, Tanaka F, Komune S, Mori M. Clinical significance of miR-146a in gastric cancer cases. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:4277-84 pubmed publisher..MiR-146a contains an SNP, which is associated with mature miR-146a expression. MiR-146a targeting of EGFR and IRAK1 is an independent prognostic factor in gastric cancer cases. ..
- Zhang X, Pan S, Feng Y, Liu J, Dong J, Zhang Y, et al. [Relationship between genetic polymorphism in microRNAs precursor and genetic predisposition of hepatocellular carcinoma]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;45:239-43 pubmed..hsa-mir-146a rs2910164 C?G and hsa-mir-196-a2 rs11614913 T?C may not play an important role in the HCC predisposition among Chinese populations. ..
- Yao Q, Cao Z, Tu C, Zhao Y, Liu H, Zhang S. MicroRNA-146a acts as a metastasis suppressor in gastric cancer by targeting WASF2. Cancer Lett. 2013;335:219-24 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR-146a/WASF2 axis partially reveals the molecular mechanism underlying the migration and invasion of gastric cancer cells and represents a new potential therapeutic target for gastric cancer. ..
- Balasubramanyam M, Aravind S, Gokulakrishnan K, Prabu P, Sathishkumar C, Ranjani H, et al. Impaired miR-146a expression links subclinical inflammation and insulin resistance in Type 2 diabetes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;351:197-205 pubmed publisher..Reduced miR-146a levels are associated with insulin resistance, poor glycemic control, and several proinflammatory cytokine genes and circulatory levels of TNF? and IL-6 in Asian Indian Type 2 diabetic patients. ..
- Zhou F, Zhu H, Luo D, Wang M, Dong X, Hong Y, et al. A functional polymorphism in Pre-miR-146a is associated with susceptibility to gastric cancer in a Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol. 2012;31:1290-5 pubmed publisher..51, 95% CI = 1.25-1.81) rather than in older subjects. Our results suggest that the rs2910164 polymorphism in the sequence of miR-146a precursor may influence the susceptibility to gastric cancer in our Chinese population. ..
- Huang Y, Liu Y, Li L, Su B, Yang L, Fan W, et al. Involvement of inflammation-related miR-155 and miR-146a in diabetic nephropathy: implications for glomerular endothelial injury. BMC Nephrol. 2014;15:142 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that the increased expression of miR-155 and miR-146a in the DN patients and in the experimental DN animal models was found to contribute to inflammation-mediated glomerular endothelial injury. ..
- Rong M, He R, Dang Y, Chen G. Expression and clinicopathological significance of miR-146a in hepatocellular carcinoma tissues. Ups J Med Sci. 2014;119:19-24 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of miR-146a is related to HCC carcinogenesis and deterioration of HCC. MicroRNA-146a may act as a suppressor miRNA of HCC, and it is therefore a potential prognostic biomarker for HCC patients. ..
- Orsos Z, Szanyi I, Csejtei A, Gerlinger I, Ember I, Kiss I. Association of pre-miR-146a rs2910164 polymorphism with the risk of head and neck cancer. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:341-6 pubmed..37, 95% CI=1.01-5.60, p=0.048) individuals was significantly more frequent among patients with HNSCC than in the control group. The pre-miR/146a C allele may contribute to an increased susceptibility to HNSCC. ..
- Wang A, Xu B, Tong N, Chen S, Yang Y, Zhang X, et al. Meta-analysis confirms that a common G/C variant in the pre-miR-146a gene contributes to cancer susceptibility and that ethnicity, gender and smoking status are risk factors. Genet Mol Res. 2012;11:3051-62 pubmed..01-1.53). We conclude that there is evidence that the pre-miR-146a polymorphism contributes to cancer susceptibilities and that gender and smoking status affect the probability of cancer in individuals with this polymorphism. ..
- Gao L, Bai P, Pan X, Jia J, Li L, Liang W, et al. The association between two polymorphisms in pre-miRNAs and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;125:571-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that has-miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism may play crucial roles in breast cancer development. ..
- Hezova R, Kovarikova A, Bienertova Vasku J, Sachlova M, Redova M, Vasku A, et al. Evaluation of SNPs in miR-196-a2, miR-27a and miR-146a as risk factors of colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:2827-31 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a lack of association between rs11614913, rs895819 and rs2910164 and colorectal cancer risk in the Central-European Caucasian population, a population with an extremely high incidence of sporadic colorectal cancer. ..
- Permuth Wey J, Thompson R, Burton Nabors L, Olson J, Browning J, Madden M, et al. A functional polymorphism in the pre-miR-146a gene is associated with risk and prognosis in adult glioma. J Neurooncol. 2011;105:639-46 pubmed publisher..17, P = 0.002)). We provide novel data suggesting rs2910164 genotype may contribute to glioma susceptibility and outcome. Future studies are warranted to replicate these findings and characterize mechanisms underlying these associations. ..
- Cheng H, Sivachandran N, Lau A, Boudreau E, Zhao J, Baltimore D, et al. MicroRNA-146 represses endothelial activation by inhibiting pro-inflammatory pathways. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:1017-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, we uncover an important negative feedback regulatory loop that controls pro-inflammatory signalling in endothelial cells that may impact vascular inflammatory diseases. ..
- Paik J, Jang J, Jeon Y, Kim W, Kim T, Heo D, et al. MicroRNA-146a downregulates NF?B activity via targeting TRAF6 and functions as a tumor suppressor having strong prognostic implications in NK/T cell lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:4761-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-146a might function as a potent tumor suppressor in NKTL and be useful for patient assessment and therapeutic targeting. ..
- ..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge about miRNAs in immunity and inflammation, focusing on the recent results on miRNAs involved in the regulation of immune responses and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Wang Z, Cao Y, Jiang C, Yang G, Wu J, Ding Y. Lack of association of two common polymorphisms rs2910164 and rs11614913 with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40039 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that two common SNPs rs2910164 and rs11614913 are not associated with the risk of HCC. Well-designed studies with larger sample size and more ethnic groups are required to further validate the results. ..
- Wang J, Yu M, Yu G, Bian J, Deng X, Wan X, et al. Serum miR-146a and miR-223 as potential new biomarkers for sepsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:184-8 pubmed publisher..858, 0.804 and 0.785, respectively. Serum miR-146a and miR-223 might serve as new biomarkers for sepsis with high specificity and sensitivity. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00862290.). ..
- Zhong H, Wang H, Yang S, Zhong J, Wang T, Wang C, et al. Targeting Smad4 links microRNA-146a to the TGF-beta pathway during retinoid acid induction in acute promyelocytic leukemia cell line. Int J Hematol. 2010;92:129-35 pubmed publisher..Direct interaction between miR146a and its predictive target gene Smad4 were confirmed by Luciferase assay...
- Nahid M, Satoh M, Chan E. Mechanistic role of microRNA-146a in endotoxin-induced differential cross-regulation of TLR signaling. J Immunol. 2011;186:1723-34 pubmed publisher..Our studies have thus demonstrated that miR-146a plays a crucial role for in vitro monocytic cell-based endotoxin-induced cross-tolerance. ..
- Hishida A, Matsuo K, Goto Y, Naito M, Wakai K, Tajima K, et al. Combined effect of miR-146a rs2910164 G/C polymorphism and Toll-like receptor 4 +3725 G/C polymorphism on the risk of severe gastric atrophy in Japanese. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:1131-7 pubmed publisher..04 (95% CI=1.10-3.82, p=0.025). This study revealed the combined effect of miR-146a rs2910164 G/G and TLR4 +3725 C allele on the increased risk of severe gastric atrophy among the H. pylori-infected Japanese subjects. ..
- Song M, Su H, Zhang L, Ma J, Li J, Pan K, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of miR-146a and miR-27a, H. pylori infection, and risk of gastric lesions in a Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61250 pubmed publisher..35 for rs2910164 and 0.92 for rs895819). These findings suggest that miR-146a rs2910164 polymorphism may contribute to the evolution of H. pylori-associated gastric lesions in this high-risk population. ..
- Guo H, Wang K, Xiong G, Hu H, Wang D, Xu X, et al. A functional varient in microRNA-146a is associated with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese Han. Fam Cancer. 2010;9:599-603 pubmed publisher..01). These findings suggest that this functional SNP in pre-miR-146a could contribute to ESCC susceptibility and clinical outcome. ..
- Zhang J, Wang R, Ma Y, Chen L, Jin B, Yu H, et al. Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms in miRNA196a-2 and miRNA146a and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:6427-31 pubmed..In particular, the association between SNPs in miRNA196a-2 (rs11614913) and miRNA146a (rs2910164) and HCC has been investigated...
- Labbaye C, Testa U. The emerging role of MIR-146A in the control of hematopoiesis, immune function and cancer. J Hematol Oncol. 2012;5:13 pubmed publisher..Finally, many recent studies indicate a deregulation of miR-146 in many solid tumors and gene knockout studies indicate a role for this miRNA as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Chen H, Hu T, Zheng X, Li M, Luo M, Yao Y, et al. Association between miR-146a rs2910164 polymorphism and autoimmune diseases susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Gene. 2013;521:259-64 pubmed publisher..Our meta-analysis suggests that there is no association between miR-146a G/C rs2910164 polymorphism and the development of autoimmune diseases...
- Garcia A, Buisson M, Bertrand P, Rimokh R, Rouleau E, Lopez B, et al. Down-regulation of BRCA1 expression by miR-146a and miR-146b-5p in triple negative sporadic breast cancers. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:279-90 pubmed publisher..This work provides further evidence for the involvement of miRNAs in sporadic breast cancer through down-regulation of BRCA1. ..
- Hung P, Chang K, Kao S, Chu T, Liu C, Lin S. Association between the rs2910164 polymorphism in pre-mir-146a and oral carcinoma progression. Oral Oncol. 2012;48:404-8 pubmed publisher..The present study concluded a higher prevalence of the pre-mir-146a C-variant was associated with OSCC progression in patients with this disease. ..
- Hung P, Chen F, Kuang S, Kao S, Lin S, Chang K. miR-146a induces differentiation of periodontal ligament cells. J Dent Res. 2010;89:252-7 pubmed publisher..This study concludes that miR-146a promotes the differentiation in PDL cells through the down-regulation of NF-kappaB signaling. ..
- Wu D, Wang F, Dai W, He L, Lu J, Xu L, et al. The miR-146a rs2910164 G > C polymorphism and susceptibility to digestive cancer in Chinese. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:399-403 pubmed..This meta-analysis suggests that the miR-146a rs2910164 G > C polymorphism is a low-penetrant risk factor for digestive cancers in Chinese. ..
- Lian H, Wang L, Zhang J. Increased risk of breast cancer associated with CC genotype of Has-miR-146a Rs2910164 polymorphism in Europeans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31615 pubmed publisher..839, P?=?0.019). No publication bias was found in the present study. This meta-analysis suggests, for the first time, that the CC homozygote of rs2910164 may contribute to breast cancer susceptibility in Europeans. ..
- Sun Q, Zhao X, Liu X, Wang Y, Huang J, Jiang B, et al. miR-146a functions as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer by targeting Rac1. Prostate. 2014;74:1613-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-146a plays a suppressive role in prostate cancer through down-regulation of Rac1. The miR-146a/Rac1 signaling axis may be a potential therapeutic target to prevent prostate cancer progression. ..
- George G, Gangwar R, Mandal R, Sankhwar S, Mittal R. Genetic variation in microRNA genes and prostate cancer risk in North Indian population. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1609-15 pubmed publisher..We genotyped SNPs hsa-mir196a2 (rs11614913), hsa-mir146a (rs2910164), and hsa-mir499 (rs3746444) in a case-control study including 159 prostate cancer patients and 230 ..
- Luo X, Yang W, Ye D, Cui H, Zhang Y, Hirankarn N, et al. A functional variant in microRNA-146a promoter modulates its expression and confers disease risk for systemic lupus erythematosus. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002128 pubmed publisher..This risk allele had decreased binding to transcription factor Ets-1, contributing to reduced levels of miR-146a in SLE patients. ..
- Liu Z, Zhou G, Deng X, Yu Q, Hu Y, Sun H, et al. Analysis of miRNA expression profiling in human macrophages responding to Mycobacterium infection: induction of the immune regulator miR-146a. J Infect. 2014;68:553-61 pubmed publisher..bovis BCG, and miR-146a negatively regulated TNF-? release in feedback manner. Our findings suggest an important role of miR-146a in M. bovis BCG infection that helps to fine-tune the inflammation response of MTB infection. ..
- Jeon Y, Kim O, Kim S, Oh S, Oh D, Kim O, et al. Association of the miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, and miR-499 polymorphisms with ischemic stroke and silent brain infarction risk. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:420-30 pubmed publisher..The combined effects between microRNA polymorphisms and homocysteine/folate levels may contribute to stroke and SBI prevalence. ..