Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR143
Description: microRNA 143
- Zhang Y, Wang Z, Chen M, Peng L, Wang X, Ma Q, et al. MicroRNA-143 targets MACC1 to inhibit cell invasion and migration in colorectal cancer. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:23 pubmed publisher..Our findings newly described miR-143/MACC1 link and provided a potential mechanism for MACC1 dysregulation and contribution to CRC cell invasion. It may help to estimate the therapeutic utility of miR-143 in CRC. ..
- Clapé C, Fritz V, Henriquet C, Apparailly F, Fernandez P, Iborra F, et al. miR-143 interferes with ERK5 signaling, and abrogates prostate cancer progression in mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7542 pubmed publisher..We show here that ERK5 is a miR-143 target in prostate cancer. miR-143 is as a new target for prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Noguchi S, Mori T, Hoshino Y, Maruo K, Yamada N, Kitade Y, et al. MicroRNA-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in human bladder cancer T24 cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;307:211-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the chemically-modified synthetic miR-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in T24 cells by targeting ERK5 and/or Akt. ..
- Ni Y, Meng L, Wang L, Dong W, Shen H, Wang G, et al. MicroRNA-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Gene. 2013;517:197-204 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that functions of miR-143 in ESCC are mediated at least in part by the inhibition of extracellular signal regulated kinase-5(ERK-5) activity. These results prove that miR-143 may act as a tumor suppressor in ESCC. ..
- Kulda V, Pesta M, Topolcan O, Liska V, Treska V, Sutnar A, et al. Relevance of miR-21 and miR-143 expression in tissue samples of colorectal carcinoma and its liver metastases. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;200:154-60 pubmed publisher..0001; P < 0.0001, respectively). Our results support the hypothesis about oncogenic function of miR-21 and show its relation to DFI. The role of miR-143 in carcinogenesis seems to be more complex. ..
- Blumensatt M, Wronkowitz N, Wiza C, Cramer A, Mueller H, Rabelink M, et al. Adipocyte-derived factors impair insulin signaling in differentiated human vascular smooth muscle cells via the upregulation of miR-143. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:275-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, the detrimental effects of adipocyte-derived conditioned media on insulin action in primary hVSMC can be ascribed to the Alk- and p38-dependent induction of miR-143 and subsequent downregulation of ORP8. ..
- Kent O, Fox Talbot K, Halushka M. RREB1 repressed miR-143/145 modulates KRAS signaling through downregulation of multiple targets. Oncogene. 2013;32:2576-85 pubmed publisher..These results establish a complex network of regulation through which the miR-143/145 cluster is able to modulate KRAS signaling in colorectal cancer. ..
- Naito Y, Sakamoto N, Oue N, Yashiro M, Sentani K, Yanagihara K, et al. MicroRNA-143 regulates collagen type III expression in stromal fibroblasts of scirrhous type gastric cancer. Cancer Sci. 2014;105:228-35 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-143 regulates fibrosis of scirrhous type GC through induction of collagen expression in stromal fibroblasts and that miR-143 expression serves as a prognostic marker of GC. ..
- Long X, Miano J. Transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) utilizes distinct pathways for the transcriptional activation of microRNA 143/145 in human coronary artery smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:30119-29 pubmed publisherMicroRNA 143/145 (miR143/145) is restricted to adult smooth muscle cell (SMC) lineages and mediates, in part, the expression of several SMC contractile genes...
- Wang C, Zhou Z, Wang L, Yang L, Zhou B, Gu J, et al. Clinicopathological significance of microRNA-31, -143 and -145 expression in colorectal cancer. Dis Markers. 2009;26:27-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the miR-31 overexpression may be involved in the development and progression of CRC. The miR-143 and miR-145 may play a certain role in the development of colon and/or rectal cancers but not in progression of the disease. ..
- Deftereos G, Corrie S, Feng Q, Morihara J, Stern J, Hawes S, et al. Expression of mir-21 and mir-143 in cervical specimens ranging from histologically normal through to invasive cervical cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28423 pubmed publisher..Mir-21 may be of some utility in predictive screening, given that we observed a significant correlation between mir-21 expression level and worsening histological diagnosis of cervical cancer. ..
- Liu L, Yu X, Guo X, Tian Z, Su M, Long Y, et al. miR-143 is downregulated in cervical cancer and promotes apoptosis and inhibits tumor formation by targeting Bcl-2. Mol Med Rep. 2012;5:753-60 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a molecular link between miR-143 and Bcl?2. Direct involvement in the regulation of Bcl-2 may be one of the mechanisms through which miR-143 may play a role in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Pagliuca A, Valvo C, Fabrizi E, Di Martino S, Biffoni M, Runci D, et al. Analysis of the combined action of miR-143 and miR-145 on oncogenic pathways in colorectal cancer cells reveals a coordinate program of gene repression. Oncogene. 2013;32:4806-13 pubmed publisher..Major mediators of the oncosuppression by miR-143 and miR-145 are genes belonging to the growth factor receptor-mitogen-activated protein kinase network and to the p53 signaling pathway. ..
- Gregersen L, Jacobsen A, Frankel L, Wen J, Krogh A, Lund A. MicroRNA-143 down-regulates Hexokinase 2 in colon cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:232 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that loss of miR-143-mediated repression of HK2 can promote glucose metabolism in cancer cells, contributing to the shift towards aerobic glycolysis observed in many tumors. ..
- Ahmad I, Singh L, Yang Z, Kalna G, Fleming J, Fisher G, et al. Mir143 expression inversely correlates with nuclear ERK5 immunoreactivity in clinical prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:149-54 pubmed publisher..Studies have recently implicated the role of microRNA (miRNA) mir143 expression in the regulation of ERK5 expression...
- Gao W, Yu Y, Cao H, Shen H, Li X, Pan S, et al. Deregulated expression of miR-21, miR-143 and miR-181a in non small cell lung cancer is related to clinicopathologic characteristics or patient prognosis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2010;64:399-408 pubmed publisher..Besides, these data will guide further studies of specific microRNAs might become potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ng E, Tsang W, Ng S, Jin H, Yu J, Li J, et al. MicroRNA-143 targets DNA methyltransferases 3A in colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:699-706 pubmed publisher..These findings elucidated a tumour-suppressive role of miR-143 in the epigenetic aberration of CRC, providing a potential development of miRNA-based targeted approaches for CRC therapy. ..
- Chen X, Guo X, Zhang H, Xiang Y, Chen J, Yin Y, et al. Role of miR-143 targeting KRAS in colorectal tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2009;28:1385-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study provides the first evidences that miR-143 is significant in suppressing colorectal cancer cell growth through inhibition of KRAS translation. ..
- Ma Q, Jiang Q, Pu Q, Zhang X, Yang W, Wang Y, et al. MicroRNA-143 inhibits migration and invasion of human non-small-cell lung cancer and its relative mechanism. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:680-92 pubmed publisher..The up-regulated miR-143 in lung cancer could significantly inhibit cell migration and invasion, and this might work through targeting CD44v3, which was newly identified by us. ..
- Kent O, Chivukula R, Mullendore M, Wentzel E, Feldmann G, Lee K, et al. Repression of the miR-143/145 cluster by oncogenic Ras initiates a tumor-promoting feed-forward pathway. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2754-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, KRAS and RREB1 are targets of miR-143/miR-145, revealing a feed-forward mechanism that potentiates Ras signaling. ..
- Ng E, Li R, Shin V, Siu J, Ma E, Kwong A. MicroRNA-143 is downregulated in breast cancer and regulates DNA methyltransferases 3A in breast cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:2591-8 pubmed publisher..These findings elucidated a tumor-suppressive role of miR-143 in epigenetic aberration of breast cancer, providing a potential development of miRNA-based treatment for breast cancer. ..
- Zhang J, Sun Q, Zhang Z, Ge S, Han Z, Chen W. Loss of microRNA-143/145 disturbs cellular growth and apoptosis of human epithelial cancers by impairing the MDM2-p53 feedback loop. Oncogene. 2013;32:61-9 pubmed publisher..Re-expression of miR-143 and miR-145 may be a reasonable strategy for treatment of epithelial cancers. ..
- Jiang S, Zhang L, Zhang H, Hu S, Lu M, Liang S, et al. A novel miR-155/miR-143 cascade controls glycolysis by regulating hexokinase 2 in breast cancer cells. EMBO J. 2012;31:1985-98 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the miR-155/miR-143/HK2 axis may represent a common mechanism linking inflammation to the altered metabolism in cancer cells. ..
- Peschiaroli A, Giacobbe A, Formosa A, Markert E, Bongiorno Borbone L, Levine A, et al. miR-143 regulates hexokinase 2 expression in cancer cells. Oncogene. 2013;32:797-802 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that miR143 inhibits HK2 expression both in primary keratinocytes and in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)-derived ..
- Takagi T, Iio A, Nakagawa Y, Naoe T, Tanigawa N, Akao Y. Decreased expression of microRNA-143 and -145 in human gastric cancers. Oncology. 2009;77:12-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-143 and miR-145 act as anti-oncomirs common to gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- Zhang X, Liu S, Hu T, Liu S, He Y, Sun S. Up-regulated microRNA-143 transcribed by nuclear factor kappa B enhances hepatocarcinoma metastasis by repressing fibronectin expression. Hepatology. 2009;50:490-9 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a better understanding of the specificity of the biological behavior and thus may be helpful in developing an effective treatment against HBV-HCC. ..
- Esau C, Kang X, Peralta E, Hanson E, Marcusson E, Ravichandran L, et al. MicroRNA-143 regulates adipocyte differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52361-5 pubmed..In addition, protein levels of the proposed miR-143 target ERK5 (4) were higher in ASO-treated adipocytes. These results demonstrate that miR-143 is involved in adipocyte differentiation and may act through target gene ERK5. ..
- Ugras S, Brill E, Jacobsen A, Hafner M, Socci N, DeCarolis P, et al. Small RNA sequencing and functional characterization reveals MicroRNA-143 tumor suppressor activity in liposarcoma. Cancer Res. 2011;71:5659-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-143 re-expression vectors or selective agents directed at miR-143 or its targets may have therapeutic value in dedifferentiated liposarcoma...
- Davis Dusenbery B, Chan M, Reno K, Weisman A, Layne M, Lagna G, et al. down-regulation of Kruppel-like factor-4 (KLF4) by microRNA-143/145 is critical for modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype by transforming growth factor-beta and bone morphogenetic protein 4. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28097-110 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study sheds light on both the similarities and the differences of TGF-? and BMP4 signaling in the regulation of KLF4 and contractile genes. ..
- Akagi I, Miyashita M, Ishibashi O, Mishima T, Kikuchi K, Makino H, et al. Relationship between altered expression levels of MIR21, MIR143, MIR145, and MIR205 and clinicopathologic features of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2011;24:523-30 pubmed publisher..cancers, there is little information on the clinicopathologic significance of cancer-related miRNAs (MIR21, MIR143, MIR144, MIR145, and MIR205) in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Liu K, Xuekelati S, Zhang Y, Yin Y, Li Y, Chai R, et al. Expression levels of atherosclerosis-associated miR-143 and miR-145 in the plasma of patients with hyperhomocysteinaemia. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:163 pubmed publisher..MiR-143 may be used as a potential non-invasive biomarkers of Hhcy and thus may be helpful in predicting the progress of atherosclerosis in Hhcy patients. ..
- Iio A, Takagi T, Miki K, Naoe T, Nakayama A, Akao Y. DDX6 post-transcriptionally down-regulates miR-143/145 expression through host gene NCR143/145 in cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1829:1102-10 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that DDX6 contributed to the control of NCR143/145 RNA stability in P-bodies and post-transcriptionally regulated miR-143/145 expression in cancer cells. ..
- Zhang H, Li W. Dysregulation of micro-143-3p and BALBP1 contributes to the pathogenesis of the development of ovarian carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:3605-3610 pubmed publisher..These findings provide support that downregulation of the miR-143-3p is associated with a decreased risk of ovarian cancer. ..
- Waller R, Goodall E, Milo M, Cooper Knock J, Da Costa M, Hobson E, et al. Serum miRNAs miR-206, 143-3p and 374b-5p as potential biomarkers for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Neurobiol Aging. 2017;55:123-131 pubmed publisher..A continued change in miRNA expression persisted during disease progression indicating the potential use of these particular miRNAs as longitudinal biomarkers in ALS. ..
- Jin X, Chen X, Hu Y, Ying F, Zou R, Lin F, et al. LncRNA-TCONS_00026907 is involved in the progression and prognosis of cervical cancer through inhibiting miR-143-5p. Cancer Med. 2017;6:1409-1423 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies TCONS_00026907 as a potent proto-oncogene and indicates that TCONS_00026907/miR143-5p/ELK1 regulatory pathway plays an important role in cervical cancer.
- Liu H, Wang H, Liu H, Chen Y. Effect of miR-143 on the apoptosis of osteosarcoma cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14241-6 pubmed..MiR-143 can regulate the expression of Bcl-2 gene in osteosarcoma cells, and mediate the apoptotic process, thereby playing a critical role in the pathogenesis of osteosarcoma. ..
- Deng L, Blanco F, Stevens H, Lu R, Caudrillier A, McBride M, et al. MicroRNA-143 Activation Regulates Smooth Muscle and Endothelial Cell Crosstalk in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Circ Res. 2015;117:870-883 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings confirm an important role for the miR-143/145 cluster in PAH pathobiology. ..
- Song T, Zhang X, Wang C, Wu Y, Dong J, Gao J, et al. Expression of miR-143 reduces growth and migration of human bladder carcinoma cells by targeting cyclooxygenase-2. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:929-33 pubmed..The results provide insights into the development of novel tumor markers or new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Batliner J, Buehrer E, Fey M, Tschan M. Inhibition of the miR-143/145 cluster attenuated neutrophil differentiation of APL cells. Leuk Res. 2012;36:237-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that low miR-145 levels in APL, possibly due to aberrant expression of p73 transcription factors, contribute to the differentiation block seen in this disease. ..
- Pekow J, Meckel K, Dougherty U, Butun F, Mustafi R, Lim J, et al. Tumor suppressors miR-143 and miR-145 and predicted target proteins API5, ERK5, K-RAS, and IRS-1 are differentially expressed in proximal and distal colon. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;308:G179-87 pubmed publisher..We speculate that differences in these tumor suppressors might contribute to regional differences in normal colonic gene expression and modulate site-specific differences in malignant predisposition. ..
- Wang F, Liu J, Zou Y, Jiao Y, Huang Y, Fan L, et al. MicroRNA-143-3p, up-regulated in H. pylori-positive gastric cancer, suppresses tumor growth, migration and invasion by directly targeting AKT2. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28711-28724 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is warranted to characterize the mechanisms underlying gastric cancer progression and may eventually contribute to its therapy. ..
- Soriano Arroquia A, McCormick R, Molloy A, McArdle A, Goljanek Whysall K. Age-related changes in miR-143-3p:Igfbp5 interactions affect muscle regeneration. Aging Cell. 2016;15:361-9 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that dysregulation of miR-143-3p:Igfbp5 interactions in satellite cells with age may be responsible for age-related changes in satellite cell function. ..
- Zhou L, Dong J, Huang G, Sun Z, Wu J. MicroRNA-143 inhibits cell growth by targeting ERK5 and MAP3K7 in breast cancer. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e5891 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both ERK5 and MAP3K7 may be the target genes of miR-143. Increased expression of miR-143 can inhibit cell growth, which may be associated with ERK5 and MAP3K7 expressions in BC. ..
- He M, Zhan M, Chen W, Xu S, Long M, Shen H, et al. MiR-143-5p Deficiency Triggers EMT and Metastasis by Targeting HIF-1? in Gallbladder Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:2078-2092 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our studies identified a novel regulator, miR-143-5p, implicated in GBC prognosis through targeting HIF-1?/EMT related signaling pathway, which could serve as a biomarker and therapeutic target for GBC. ..
- Riches K, Alshanwani A, Warburton P, O Regan D, Ball S, Wood I, et al. Elevated expression levels of miR-143/5 in saphenous vein smooth muscle cells from patients with Type 2 diabetes drive persistent changes in phenotype and function. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;74:240-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, aberrant expression of miR-143/145 induces a distinct saphenous vein SMC phenotype that may contribute to vascular complications in patients with T2DM, and is potentially amenable to therapeutic manipulation. ..
- Ouyang L, Liu P, Yang S, Ye S, Xu W, Liu X. A three-plasma miRNA signature serves as novel biomarkers for osteosarcoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30:340 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that altered levels of circulating miRNAs might have great potential to serve as novel, non-invasive biomarkers for osteosarcoma. ..
- Ma Z, Luo Y, Qiu M. miR-143 Induces the Apoptosis of Prostate Cancer LNCap Cells by Suppressing Bcl-2 Expression. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:359-365 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Transfection of miR-143 induces the apoptosis of prostate cancer LNCap cells by down-regulating Bcl-2 expression, suggesting that Bcl-2 might be a potential therapeutic target for prostate cancer. ..
- Muralimanoharan S, Maloyan A, Myatt L. Mitochondrial function and glucose metabolism in the placenta with gestational diabetes mellitus: role of miR-143. Clin Sci (Lond). 2016;130:931-41 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of miR-143 mediates the metabolic switch from oxidative phosphorylation to aerobic glycolysis in placenta of women with A2GDM. ..
- Yu S, Zhang R, Zhu C, Cheng J, Wang H, Wu J. MicroRNA-143 downregulates interleukin-13 receptor alpha1 in human mast cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:16958-69 pubmed publisher..It indicates that miR-143 directly targets IL-13R?1 and suppresses IL-13R?1 expression in HMC-1 cells. Therefore, miR-143 may be associated with allergic reaction in human mast cells...
- Climent M, Quintavalle M, Miragoli M, Chen J, Condorelli G, Elia L. TGFÎ² Triggers miR-143/145 Transfer From Smooth Muscle Cells to Endothelial Cells, Thereby Modulating Vessel Stabilization. Circ Res. 2015;116:1753-64 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-143 and miR-145 act as communication molecules between SMCs and ECs to modulate the angiogenic and vessel stabilization properties of ECs. ..
- Fu T, Wang L, Li W, Li J, Li J. miR-143 inhibits oncogenic traits by degrading NUAK2 in glioblastoma. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1627-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, the findings of the present study demonstrate that miR?143 inhibits oncogenic traits by degrading NUAK2 in glioblastoma. ..
- Kojima S, Enokida H, Yoshino H, Itesako T, Chiyomaru T, Kinoshita T, et al. The tumor-suppressive microRNA-143/145 cluster inhibits cell migration and invasion by targeting GOLM1 in prostate cancer. J Hum Genet. 2014;59:78-87 pubmed publisher..Our data on target genes regulated by the tumor-suppressive miR-143/145 cluster provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of PCa oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Chen M, Herring B. Regulation of microRNAs by Brahma-related gene 1 (Brg1) in smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6397-408 pubmed publisher..SWI/SNF-mediated chromatin remodeling thus regulates the phenotype of smooth muscle by affecting expression of protein-coding genes and microRNAs. ..
- Kopp F, Schnoedt M, Haase R, Wagner E, Roidl A, Ogris M. De-targeting by miR-143 decreases unwanted transgene expression in non-tumorigenic cells. Gene Ther. 2013;20:1104-9 pubmed publisher..The use of an miR-143-regulated therapeutic transgene may present a promising approach for cancer gene therapy. ..
- Yu B, Liu X, Chang H. MicroRNA-143 inhibits colorectal cancer cell proliferation by targeting MMP7. Minerva Med. 2017;108:13-19 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that miR-143 might act as a tumor suppressor by targeting MMP7 during the development of CRC. ..
- Yamagata T, Yoshizawa J, Ohashi S, Yanaga K, Ohki T. Expression patterns of microRNAs are altered in hypoxic human neuroblastoma cells. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:1179-84 pubmed publisher..There was no relation between the expression of miRNA and the amplification of MYCN. Our results thus suggest a possible causal relation between these three miRNAs and the malignancy of neuroblastoma in hypoxic conditions. ..
- Yan X, Chen X, Liang H, Deng T, Chen W, Zhang S, et al. miR-143 and miR-145 synergistically regulate ERBB3 to suppress cell proliferation and invasion in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:220 pubmed publisher..These results also support the idea that different miRNAs in a cluster can synergistically repress a given target mRNA. ..
- Dou L, Zheng D, Li J, Li Y, Gao L, Wang L, et al. Methylation-mediated repression of microRNA-143 enhances MLL-AF4 oncogene expression. Oncogene. 2012;31:507-17 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to show that miR-143 functions as a tumor suppressor in MLL-AF4 B-cell ALL. These data reveal the therapeutic promise of upregulating miR-143 expression for MLL-AF4 B-cell ALL. ..
- Wang Q, Cai J, Wang J, Xiong C, Zhao J. MiR-143 inhibits EGFR-signaling-dependent osteosarcoma invasion. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12743-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-143, EGFR, and MMP9 are therapeutic targets for inhibiting OS invasion. ..
- Zhang N, Su Y, Xu L. Targeting PKC? by miR-143 regulates cell apoptosis in lung cancer. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3661-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that targeting PKC? overexpression in NSCLC should be beneficial for lung cancer therapy. ..
- Guo H, Chen Y, Hu X, Qian G, Ge S, Zhang J. The regulation of Toll-like receptor 2 by miR-143 suppresses the invasion and migration of a subset of human colorectal carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:77 pubmed publisher..miR-143 blocks the TLR2 signalling pathway in human CRC cells. This knowledge may pave the way for new clinical applications utilising miR-143 mimics in the treatment of patients with CRC. ..
- Wu D, Huang P, Wang L, Zhou Y, Pan H, Qu P. MicroRNA-143 inhibits cell migration and invasion by targeting matrix metalloproteinase 13 in prostate cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:626-30 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that miR-143 may be suitable for the development of novel molecular markers and therapeutic approaches to inhibit metastasis in prostate cancer. ..
- Zhu L, Shi C, Ji C, Xu G, Chen L, Yang L, et al. FFAs and adipokine-mediated regulation of hsa-miR-143 expression in human adipocytes. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:5669-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the expression of miR-143 is affected by a variety of factors that are related to insulin sensitivity. Therefore, miR-143 may be an important mediator in the development of obesity-related insulin resistance. ..
- Li R, Zhang L, Jia L, Duan Y, Li Y, Wang J, et al. MicroRNA-143 targets Syndecan-1 to repress cell growth in melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e94855 pubmed publisher..MiR-143 plays an important role in the regulation of cell growth in melanoma. Restoration of miR-143 expression may represent a promising and efficient therapeutic approach for targeting malignant melanoma. ..
- Sand M, Hessam S, Amur S, Skrygan M, Bromba M, Stockfleth E, et al. Expression of oncogenic miR-17-92 and tumor suppressive miR-143-145 clusters in basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Dermatol Sci. 2017;86:142-148 pubmed publisher..This study marks the first evidence for the participation of members of the miR-17-92 cluster in cSCC and miR-143-145 cluster in BCC. ..
- Mao Y, Liu J, Zhang D, Li B. miR-143 inhibits tumor progression by targeting FAM83F in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:9009-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide important evidence which supports the role of miR-143 as a tumor suppressor in ESCC via the inhibition of FAM83F expression. ..
- Liang Y, Sun R, Li L, Yuan F, Liang W, Wang L, et al. A Functional Polymorphism in the Promoter of MiR-143/145 Is Associated With the Risk of Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Chinese Women: A Case-Control Study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e1289 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-143/145 rs4705343 and KRAS rs712 may contribute to the etiology of CSCC in Chinese women. ..