Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR126
Description: microRNA 126
Alias: MIRN126, miRNA126
- miR-126 and miR-126* repress recruitment of mesenchymal stem cells and inflammatory monocytes to inhibit breast cancer metastasisYun Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:284-94. 2013....
- MiR-126 acts as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer cells via the regulation of ADAM9Shin Hamada
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 10:3-10. 2012..We showed for the first time that the miR-126/ADAM9 axis plays essential role in the inhibition of invasive growth of pancreatic cancer cells...
- A microRNA regulon that mediates endothelial recruitment and metastasis by cancer cellsKim J Png
Laboratory of Systems Cancer Biology, Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nature 481:190-4. 2011..Our work further reveals endothelial recruitment and endothelial interactions in the tumour microenvironment to be critical features of metastatic breast cancer...
- miR-126 enhances the sensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer cells to anticancer agents by targeting vascular endothelial growth factor AXiaolan Zhu
The Affiliated People s Hospital, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212001, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 44:519-26. 2012....
- Downregulation of microRNA-126 in endothelial progenitor cells from diabetes patients, impairs their functional properties, via target gene Spred-1S Meng
Department of Cardiology, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:64-72. 2012..This study provides the first evidence that miR-126 is downregulated in EPCs from diabetic patients, and impairs EPCs-mediated function via its target, Spred-1, and through Ras/ERK/VEGF and PI3K/Akt/eNOS signal pathway...
- Human circulating microRNA-1 and microRNA-126 as potential novel indicators for acute myocardial infarctionGuangwen Long
Department of Internal Medicine and the Institute of Hypertension, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Int J Biol Sci 8:811-8. 2012..A remarkable finding in this study is that miR-1, miR-126 and cTnI expression levels exhibited the same trend. Our results suggest that the plasma concentrations of miR-1 and miR-126 may be useful indicators for AMI...
- The miR-126 regulates angiopoietin-1 signaling and vessel maturation by targeting p85βRoberto Sessa
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1823:1925-35. 2012..Our findings suggest that miR-126-mediated phosphoinositide-3-kinase regulation, not only fine-tunes VEGF-signaling, but it strongly enhances the activities of Ang-1 on vessel stabilization and maturation...
- IRF-1 and miRNA126 modulate VCAM-1 expression in response to a high-fat mealChongxiu Sun
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Circ Res 111:1054-64. 2012..Diets high in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) may provide athero-protection by ameliorating this effect...
- MicroRNA-126 inhibits tumor cell growth and its expression level correlates with poor survival in non-small cell lung cancer patientsJiyun Yang
Center for Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial People s Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
PLoS ONE 7:e42978. 2012..It is controversial whether microRNA-126 is a tumor suppressive or oncogenic miRNA. More experiments are needed to determine whether microRNA-126 is associated with non-small cell lung cancer risk and prognosis...
- let-7b and miR-126 are down-regulated in tumor tissue and correlate with microvessel density and survival outcomes in non--small--cell lung cancerEdin Jusufovic
Polyclinic for Pulmonary Diseases, Medical Center Tuzla, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
PLoS ONE 7:e45577. 2012..Moreover, the regulation of let-7b and miR-126 expression could have therapeutic potential because it could reduce tumor angiogenesis and therefore suppress tumor growth in lung cancer patients...
- Loss of angiomiR-126 and 130a in angiogenic early outgrowth cells from patients with chronic heart failure: role for impaired in vivo neovascularization and cardiac repair capacityPhilipp Jakob
Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Circulation 126:2962-75. 2012....
- AngiomiR-126 expression and secretion from circulating CD34(+) and CD14(+) PBMCs: role for proangiogenic effects and alterations in type 2 diabeticsPavani Mocharla
Cardiovascular Centre, University Hospital Zurich and Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Blood 121:226-36. 2013..Moreover, an alteration of angiomiR-126 expression in CD34(+) PBMCs in diabetes provides a novel pathway causing impaired proangiogenic effects...
- Up-regulation of microRNA-126 may contribute to pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis via regulating NF-kappaB inhibitor IκBαXiao Feng
Department of Gastroenterology, The Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e52782. 2012..Altered expression of miRNAs has recently demonstrated association with human ulcerative colitis (UC). In this study, we attempted to elucidate the roles of miR-126 in the pathogenesis of UC...
- Decreased expression of miR-126 correlates with metastatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinomaHongyuan Chen
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai First People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 85 Wujin Road, Shanghai, 200080, China
Clin Exp Metastasis 30:651-8. 2013..Our study revealed that down-regulation of miR-126 plays an important role in HCC metastasis, and suggest a potential application of miR-126 in prognosis prediction and HCC treatment...
- MicroRNA-126 regulates endothelial expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1Tamia A Harris
Cellular and Molecular Medicine Program and Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1516-21. 2008..These data suggest that microRNA can regulate adhesion molecule expression and may provide additional control of vascular inflammation...
- Regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell turnover by endothelial cell-secreted microRNA-126: role of shear stressJing Zhou
Department of Bioengineering and Institute of Engineering in Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Circ Res 113:40-51. 2013..Endothelial microRNA-126 (miR-126) modulates vascular development and angiogenesis. However, its role in the regulation of smooth muscle cell (SMC) function is unknown...
- MiR-126 suppresses colon cancer cell proliferation and invasion via inhibiting RhoA/ROCK signaling pathwayNan Li
Department of Gastroenterology, The Third Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Tongzhipo Road 138, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 380:107-19. 2013..These results suggest miR-126 function as a potential tumor suppressor in colon cancer progression and miR-126/RhoA/ROCK may be a novel candidate for developing rational therapeutic strategies...
- Epigenetic silencing of miR-126 contributes to tumor invasion and angiogenesis in colorectal cancerYu Zhang
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Gastroenterology, Department of Gastroenterology, Nangfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510515, P R China
Oncol Rep 30:1976-84. 2013..miR-126 may be a potential target for the therapeutic strategy against CRC...
- Endothelial microparticle-mediated transfer of MicroRNA-126 promotes vascular endothelial cell repair via SPRED1 and is abrogated in glucose-damaged endothelial microparticlesFelix Jansen
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Bonn, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany F J, M H, A C, T S, S P, G N, N W Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, IL X Y Institute of Physiology, University Hospital Bonn, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany D W, S V, B K F and Institute of Innate Immunity, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms University, Bonn, Germany B S F
Circulation 128:2026-38. 2013..The underlying mechanisms of endothelial cell repair are largely unknown. We sought to investigate whether endothelial microparticles (EMPs), released from apoptotic endothelial cells (ECs), influence EC repair...
- miR-126 Suppresses the proliferation of cervical cancer cells and alters cell sensitivity to the chemotherapeutic drug bleomycinQing Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:6569-72. 2014..Upregulation of miR-126 inhibited cervical cancer cell proliferation and enhanced the sensitivity to BLM. Thus, miR-126 may represent a novel approach to cervical cancer treatment. ..
- miR-126 functions as a tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma by targeting Sox2Chenglin Yang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang, China
Int J Mol Sci 15:423-37. 2013..Taken together, our data indicate that miR-126 functions as a tumor suppressor in OS, which exerts its activity by suppressing the expression of Sox2. ..
- Combination of expression levels of miR-21 and miR-126 is associated with cancer-specific survival in clear-cell renal cell carcinomaDaniel Vergho
Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology, Julius Maximilians University Medical Centre of Würzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 14:25. 2014..The expression of miR-21 and miR-126 was analysed in a large cohort of RCC patients; a combined risk score (CRS)-model was constructed based on expression levels of both miRNAs...
- Plasma miR-126 is a potential biomarker for early prediction of type 2 diabetes mellitus in susceptible individualsTao Zhang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Shenzhen Nanshan Center for Chronic Disease Control, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518054, China
Biomed Res Int 2013:761617. 2013....
- Low expression of microRNA-126 is associated with poor prognosis in colorectal cancerYaling Liu
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:358-65. 2014..Multivariate analysis indicated that miR-126 was an independent prognostic factor for overall survival, suggesting its clinical significance as a prognostic predictor in CRC patients...
- MicroRNA-126 inhibits invasion in bladder cancer via regulation of ADAM9A Y Jia
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, 1130 St Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Br J Cancer 110:2945-54. 2014..Despite the association of several miRNAs with bladder cancer, little is known about the miRNAs that contribute to bladder cancer progression from non-muscle invasive (NMI) to muscle-invasive (MI) disease...
- Mir-126 inhibits growth of SGC-7901 cells by synergistically targeting the oncogenes PI3KR2 and Crk, and the tumor suppressor PLK2Li Ying Liu
The Center Laboratory for Biomedical Research, Environment and Genes Related to Diseases Key Laboratory of Education Ministry, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an, Shaanxi 710004, P R China
Int J Oncol 45:1257-65. 2014..Our study indicates that miR-126 is a tumor suppressor, which in the future may become a therapeutic target for gastric cancer...
- Insulin receptor substrate-1 and Golgi phosphoprotein 3 are downstream targets of miR‑126 in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaHaomiao Li
Department of Thoracic Surgery, the Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan 450008, P R China
Oncol Rep 32:1225-33. 2014..miR-126 suppressed the proliferation, migration and invasion of ESCC cells, and acted as a tumor suppressor in the carcinogenesis of ESCC. IRS-1 and GOLPH3 are downstream targets of miR-126 at the post-transcriptional level in ESCC. ..
- miR-126 inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cells proliferation by targeting EGFL7Yanqin Sun
Department of Pathology, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:1483-9. 2010..As a result, our study demonstrates that miR-126 can inhibit proliferation of non-small cell lung cancer cells through one of its targets, EGFL7...
- Alteration of processing induced by a single nucleotide polymorphism in pri-miR-126Ratanakanit Harnprasopwat
Division of Molecular Therapy, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:117-22. 2010..Moreover, its frequency is different among races. Thus, our study emphasizes the importance of identifying new miRNA SNP and its contribution to miRNA biogenesis which is possible link to human genetic disease...
- Plasma microRNA profiling reveals loss of endothelial miR-126 and other microRNAs in type 2 diabetesAnna Zampetaki
King s British Heart Foundation Centre, King s College London, United Kingdom
Circ Res 107:810-7. 2010..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) have been implicated in the epigenetic regulation of key metabolic, inflammatory, and antiangiogenic pathways in type 2 diabetes (DM) and may contribute to common disease complications...
- MicroRNA-126 inhibits invasion in non-small cell lung carcinoma cell linesM Crawford
The Ohio State University Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, DHLRI 473 West 12th Avenue Room 201, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:607-12. 2008..Crk is a predicted putative target gene for miR-126. Over-expression of miR126 in a lung cancer cell line resulted in a decrease in Crk protein without any alteration in the associated mRNA...
- Ets-1 and Ets-2 regulate the expression of microRNA-126 in endothelial cellsTamia A Harris
Cellular and Molecular Medicine Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1990-7. 2010..MicroRNA-126 (miR-126) is highly expressed in endothelial cells, and it regulates angiogenesis and vascular inflammation. Here we show that the transcription factors Ets-1 and Ets-2 regulate miR-126 expression...
- Down-regulation of miR-126 expression in colorectal cancer and its clinical significanceXiang Min Li
Emergency Department of Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 410008, Changsha, China
Med Oncol 28:1054-7. 2011....
- The noncoding RNA, miR-126, suppresses the growth of neoplastic cells by targeting phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling and is frequently lost in colon cancersChunguang Guo
Department of Medicine and Ireland Cancer Center, Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:939-46. 2008..Taken together, we propose that miR-126 regulates PI3K signaling partly by targeting p85beta, and that the loss of miR-126 may provide a selective growth advantage during colon carcinogenesis...
- MicroRNA-126 regulates HOXA9 by binding to the homeoboxWei Fang Shen
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:4609-19. 2008..In support of this hypothesis, expression of miR-126 alone in MLL-ENL-immortalized bone marrow cells decreased endogenous HOXA9 protein, while inhibition of endogenous miR-126 increased expression of HOXA9 in F9 cells...
- Genetic variants within miR-126 and miR-335 are not associated with breast cancer riskRongxi Yang
Division Molecular Biology of Breast Cancer, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 127:549-54. 2011..None of the performed analyses showed statistically significant results. In conclusion, our data suggest that the two genetic variants within miR-126 and miR-335 are not associated with breast cancer risk...
- The cell growth suppressor, mir-126, targets IRS-1Jin Zhang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Ministry of Education, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:136-40. 2008..In conclusion, we developed a simple method for high-throughput screening of miRNAs and found that mir-126, a cell growth suppressor, targets IRS-1...
- Regulated expression of microRNAs-126/126* inhibits erythropoiesis from human embryonic stem cellsXinqiang Huang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Blood 117:2157-65. 2011..Our results define an important function of miRs-126/126* in negative regulation of erythropoiesis, providing the first evidence for a role of miR in hematopoietic differentiation of hESCs...
- Endothelial-specific intron-derived miR-126 is down-regulated in human breast cancer and targets both VEGFA and PIK3R2Ni Zhu
Department of Cardiology, Changhai Hospital, 168 Changhai Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 351:157-64. 2011..In addition, miR-126 could target both VEGFA and PIK3R2, and its expression was decreased in human breast cancer, implying that miR-126 may play a role in tumor genesis and growth by regulating the VEGF/PI3K/AKT signaling pathway...
- Epigenetic therapy upregulates the tumor suppressor microRNA-126 and its host gene EGFL7 in human cancer cellsYoshimasa Saito
Department of Urology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9181, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 379:726-31. 2009..Thus, epigenetic therapy not only directly activates miRNAs from their own promoters, but also activates intronic miRNAs together with their host genes. This reveals an additional mechanism and anticancer effect of epigenetic therapy...
- Independent and tissue-specific prognostic impact of miR-126 in nonsmall cell lung cancer: coexpression with vascular endothelial growth factor-A predicts poor survivalTom Donnem
Department of Oncology, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromso, Norway
Cancer 117:3193-200. 2011..miR-126 has been related to tumor angiogenesis and in the regulation of VEGF-A. The authors aimed to investigate the prognostic impact of miR-126 and its co-expression with VEGF-A in nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- miR-126 functions as a tumour suppressor in human gastric cancerRunhua Feng
Department of Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 197 Rui Jin Er Road, Shanghai 20025, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 298:50-63. 2010..Mechanistically, we identified the adaptor protein Crk as a target of miR-126. Taken together, our results suggest that miR-126 may function as a tumour suppressor in gastric cancer, with Crk as a direct target...
- MiR-126 restoration down-regulate VEGF and inhibit the growth of lung cancer cell lines in vitro and in vivoBo Liu
Cardiovascular Department, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China
Lung Cancer 66:169-75. 2009..8035+/-0.1521 to 0.6235+/-0.0757g, with the inhibitive rate being 22.4%. All these results revealed that miR-126 may have a tumor suppressor function in lung cancer cells and could be a promising treatment in anticancer therapy...
- MicroRNA-126 inhibits SOX2 expression and contributes to gastric carcinogenesisTakeshi Otsubo
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e16617. 2011..Here, we assessed whether microRNAs (miRNAs) regulate SOX2 expression in gastric cancers. Furthermore, we attempted to find downstream target genes of SOX2 contributing to gastric carcinogenesis...
- miR-126 inhibits proliferation of small cell lung cancer cells by targeting SLC7A5Edit Miko
Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Clinical Genomics Center, University of Debrecen Medical and Health Science Center, Hungary
FEBS Lett 585:1191-6. 2011..Short interfering RNA (siRNA) mediated suppression of SLC7A5, a predicted target of mir-126, has the same effect on H69 cells. We also show for the first time that SLC7A5 is a direct target of miR-126...
- miR-126 is downregulated in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells and regulates TOM1 expressionIrene K Oglesby
Respiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Ireland
J Immunol 184:1702-9. 2010..To our knowledge, this study is the first to report of a role for TOM1 in the TLR2/4 signaling pathways and the first to describe microRNA involvement in CF...
- Down-regulation of miR-126 is associated with colorectal cancer cells proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting IRS-1 via the AKT and ERK1/2 signaling pathwaysYu Zhou
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China Department of Gastroenterology, The Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang, Guangdong Province, China
PLoS ONE 8:e81203. 2013..In this study, we identified the potential effects of miR-126 on some important biological properties of CRC cells and clarified the regulation of insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) and its possible signaling pathway by miR-126...
- Exercise training improves high-density lipoprotein-mediated transcription of proangiogenic microRNA in endothelial cellsSaskia Riedel
Department of Cardiology, University Leipzig Heart Center Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Prev Cardiol 22:899-903. 2015..The aim of the present study was to evaluate if HDL-induced miR expression is altered in CHF and if exercise training has an impact...
- MicroRNA-126 modulates the tumor microenvironment by targeting calmodulin-regulated spectrin-associated protein 1 (Camsap1)Xin Sun
Department of Otorhinolarynology, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, P R China
Int J Oncol 44:1678-84. 2014..In addition, Camsap1 expression induced microtubule formation and aggregation. This mechanism possibly explains why loss of miR-126 is frequently associated with tumor metastasis. ..
- MicroRNA-9 and microRNA-126 expression levels in patients with essential hypertension: potential markers of target-organ damageJoanna E Kontaraki
Molecular Cardiology Laboratory, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Greece Electronic address
J Am Soc Hypertens 8:368-75. 2014..Thus, they may possibly represent potential biomarkers and candidate therapeutic targets in essential hypertension...
- Down-regulation of MicroRNA-126 in Glioblastoma and its Correlation with Patient Prognosis: A Pilot StudyIn Bo Han
Department of Neurosurgery, CHA University, Bundang Cha Medical Center, Gyeonggido, Republic of Korea
Anticancer Res 36:6691-6697. 2016..Future clinical studies with larger sample sizes should be performed to validate this observation...
- Osteoblast-derived WNT-induced secreted protein 1 increases VCAM-1 expression and enhances prostate cancer metastasis by down-regulating miR-126Huai Ching Tai
Department of Urology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Oncotarget 5:7589-98. 2014..Thus, WISP-1 may be a new molecular therapeutic target in PCa bone metastasis. ..
- Syndecan-1 responsive microRNA-126 and 149 regulate cell proliferation in prostate cancerTomomi Fujii
Department of Pathology, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Nara, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 456:183-9. 2015..These miRNAs promote cell proliferation by suppressing SOX2, NANOG, and Oct4. The regulation of these factors by miR-126 and miR-149 is essential for syndecan-1-mediated development of androgen-refractory prostate cancer...
- A genetic variant regulating miR-126 is associated with sight threatening diabetic retinopathyAnnie K McAuley
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, East Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Diab Vasc Dis Res 12:133-8. 2015....
- Upregulation of microRNA-126-5p is associated with drug resistance to cytarabine and poor prognosis in AML patientsYoshihiko Shibayama
Education Research Center for Clinical Pharmacy, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 0812, Japan
Oncol Rep 33:2176-82. 2015..The results of the present study demonstrated that higher expression levels of miR-126-5p/3p in patients with AML resulted in a poorer prognosis. Furthermore, miR-126-5p elevated the phosphorylation of Akt...
- MicroRNA-126 inhibits cell proliferation in gastric cancer by targeting LAT-1Junqing Wang
Department of Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, 197, Rui Jin Er Road, Shanghai 20025, People s Republic of China Shanghai Key Laboratory of Gastric Neoplasms, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, 197, Rui Jin Er Road, Shanghai 20025, People s Republic of China Shanghai Institute of Digestive Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, 197, Rui Jin Er Road, Shanghai 20025, People s Republic of China Electronic address
Biomed Pharmacother 72:66-73. 2015..This might provide us likely potential biomarkers and targets for GC prevention, diagnosis and therapeutic treatment. ..
- Prognostic Role of MicroRNA-126 for Survival in Malignant Tumors: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisJie Bu
Department of Orthopedics, The Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha 410010, China
Dis Markers 2015:739469. 2015..Increasing studies found that miR-126 expression may be associated with the prognosis of cancers. Here, we performed a meta-analysis to assess the prognostic role of miR-126 in different cancers...
- Downregulation of Microrna-126 Contributes to Tumorigenesis of Squamous Tongue Cell Carcinoma via Targeting KRASJingying Han
Department of Orthodontics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China mainland
Med Sci Monit 22:522-9. 2016....
- Expression of miR-155 and miR-126 in situ in cutaneous T-cell lymphomaKatharina L Kopp
Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology UoC, Copenhagen, Denmark
APMIS 121:1020-4. 2013..Taken together, our findings suggest that both malignant and non-malignant T cells express miR-155 in situ in CTCL. Moreover, they indicate heterogeneity in miR-155 expression among malignant T cells. ..
- MicroRNA-126-mediated control of cell fate in B-cell myeloid progenitors as a potential alternative to transcriptional factorsKazuki Okuyama
Division of Hematological Malignancy, Regenerative Medical Science, Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13410-5. 2013..These experiments show that miR-126 regulates myeloid vs. B-cell fate through an alternative machinery, establishing the critical role of miRNAs in the lineage specification of multipotent mammalian cells. ..
- MicroRNA-126 regulates EPCs function: implications for a role of miR-126 in preeclampsiaTing Yan
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430022, China
J Cell Biochem 114:2148-59. 2013..These findings suggest that miR-126 is essential for angiogenic properties of EPCs in vitro and placental vasculogenesis in vivo, providing basis for an alternative therapeutic approach in patients with preeclampsia...
- MicroRNA-126 and epidermal growth factor-like domain 7-an angiogenic couple of importance in metastatic colorectal cancer. Results from the Nordic ACT trialT F Hansen
Department of Oncology, Vejle Hospital, Lillebaelt Hospital, Denmark
Br J Cancer 109:1243-51. 2013....
- MicroRNA-126 regulates the induction and function of CD4(+) Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells through PI3K/AKT pathwayAndong Qin
Department of Immunology, Zunyi Medical College, Guizhou, 563000, China
J Cell Mol Med 17:252-64. 2013....
- Attenuation of miR-126 activity expands HSC in vivo without exhaustionEric R Lechman
Campbell Family Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Cell Stem Cell 11:799-811. 2012..These data establish that miR-126 sets a threshold for HSC activation and thus governs HSC pool size, demonstrating the importance of miRNA in the control of HSC function...
- MicroRNA-126 modulates endothelial SDF-1 expression and mobilization of Sca-1(+)/Lin(-) progenitor cells in ischaemiaCoen van Solingen
Department of Nephrology, LUMC, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 92:449-55. 2011..Based on the seed sequence, miR-126 can also be predicted to regulate vasculogenesis by modulating the endothelial expression of stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)...
- Expression of miR-126 and Crk in endometriosis: miR-126 may affect the progression of endometriosis by regulating Crk expressionShuang Liu
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, 36 Sanhao Street, Shenyang 110004, China
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:1065-72. 2012..To evaluate the relationship between miR-126 and Crk and discuss the role of miR-126 in the development and progression of endometriosis (EMs)...
- [Differential expression of hsa-miR-126 and hsa-miR-518b in esophageal squamous carcinoma]Hui Cai
Department of Oncology Surgery, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:23-7. 2011..To identify the differentially expressed microRNAs (miRNAs) between esophageal squamous carcinoma (ESC) and adjacent non-tumorous tissue (NT)...
- Adipose tissue microRNAs as regulators of CCL2 production in human obesityErik Arner
RIKEN Omics Science Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Diabetes 61:1986-93. 2012..Taken together, our data suggest that miRNAs may be important regulators of adipose inflammation through their effects on CCL2 release from human adipocytes and macrophages...
- Increased expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 in muscle biopsy samples from juvenile dermatomyositis patients with short duration of untreated disease is regulated by miR-126Erin Kim
Children s Hospital of Chicago Research Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3809-17. 2012....
- MicroRNAs distinguish cytogenetic subgroups in pediatric AML and contribute to complex regulatory networks in AML-relevant pathwaysSvenja Daschkey
Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Medical Faculty, Clinic for Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Clinical Immunology, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e56334. 2013..First studies in children investigate single selected miRNAs, however, a comprehensive overview of miRNA expression and function in children and young adults is missing so far...
- miR-126&126* restored expressions play a tumor suppressor role by directly regulating ADAM9 and MMP7 in melanomaNadia Felli
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore Sanita, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e56824. 2013..In view of this miR-126&126* wide-ranging action, we believe that the replacement of these microRNAs might be considered a promising therapeutic approach...
- Concomitant dysregulation of microRNAs miR-151-3p and miR-126 correlates with improved survival in resected cholangiocarcinomaMegan E McNally
Division of Surgical Oncology, Ohio State University Medical Center, OH, USA
HPB (Oxford) 15:260-4. 2013..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small non-coding genes which become dysregulated in cancer and may predict survival. The role of miRNAs in outcomes in cholangiocarcinoma (CC) has not been reported...
- Hippocampal demyelination and memory dysfunction are associated with increased levels of the neuronal microRNA miR-124 and reduced AMPA receptorsRanjan Dutta
Department of Neurosciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Neurol 73:637-45. 2013..How demyelination alters neuronal gene expression is unknown...
- miR-126 and miR-126*: new players in cancerJeannette Meister
Molecular Signal Transduction, Institute of Neurology Edinger Institute, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University School of Medicine, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
ScientificWorldJournal 10:2090-100. 2010....
- Ectopic expression of miR-126*, an intronic product of the vascular endothelial EGF-like 7 gene, regulates prostein translation and invasiveness of prostate cancer LNCaP cellsAlla Musiyenko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Alabama, College of Medicine, 307 University Blvd, Mobile, Alabama 36688 0002, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:313-22. 2008..We conclude that intronic miRNAs from tissue-specific transcripts, or their natural absence, make cardinal contributions to cellular gene expression and phenotype. These findings also open the door to tissue-specific miRNA therapy...
- Identification of differentially expressed microRNA in parathyroid tumorsReza Rahbari
Endocrine Oncology Section, Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1158-65. 2011....
- Megakaryocytic expression of miRNA 10a, 17-5p, 20a and 126 in Philadelphia chromosome-negative myeloproliferative neoplasmKais Hussein
Institute of Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30615 Hanover, Germany
Ann Hematol 88:325-32. 2009..No association to thrombocytosis, JAK2(V617F) mutations or cytoreductive treatment (bone marrow cells) were observed...
- The induction of microRNA targeting IRS-1 is involved in the development of insulin resistance under conditions of mitochondrial dysfunction in hepatocytesHyun Su Ryu
Department of Biochemistry, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Kyungju, Korea
PLoS ONE 6:e17343. 2011....
- [miR-126 modulates the expression of epidermal growth factor-like domain 7 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells in vitro]Yan qin Sun
Department of Pathology, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:767-70. 2010..To investigate the regulatory effect of miR-126 on epidermal growth factor-like domain 7 (EGFL7) in ECV-304 cells...
- Association of MiR-126 with soluble mesothelin-related peptides, a marker for malignant mesotheliomaLory Santarelli
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e18232. 2011..Since recent data point to abnormal levels of microRNAs (miRNAs) in tumors, we hypothesized that a profile of deregulated miRNAs may be a marker of MPM and that the levels of specific miRNAs may be used for monitoring its progress...