Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MGMT
Description: O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase
Alias: methylated-DNA--protein-cysteine methyltransferase, 6-O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, O-6-methylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- MGMT promoter methylation status can predict the incidence and outcome of pseudoprogression after concomitant radiochemotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma patientsAlba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Bellaria Maggiore Hospital, Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:2192-7. 2008..The radiologic images obtained in this setting can be difficult to interpret since they may show radiation-induced pseudoprogression (psPD) rather than disease progression...
- O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) mRNA expression predicts outcome in malignant glioma independent of MGMT promoter methylationSimone Kreth
Department of Anaesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17156. 2011We analyzed prospectively whether MGMT (O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase) mRNA expression gains prognostic/predictive impact independent of MGMT promoter methylation in malignant glioma patients undergoing radiotherapy with ..
- Predictive impact of MGMT promoter methylation in glioblastoma of the elderlyGuido Reifenberger
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 131:1342-50. 2012O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation identifies a subpopulation of glioblastoma patients with more favorable prognosis and predicts a benefit from alkylating agent chemotherapy (CT)...
- Molecular predictors of progression-free and overall survival in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma: a prospective translational study of the German Glioma NetworkMichael Weller
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 27:5743-50. 2009..The prognostic value of genetic alterations characteristic of glioblastoma in patients treated according to present standards of care is unclear...
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase methylation and TP53 mutation in malignant astrocytomas and their relationships with clinical courseTakao Watanabe
Department of Neurological Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi kamumachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Int J Cancer 113:581-7. 2005Epigenetic silencing of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) by promoter methylation can confer cancer cells with an increased sensitivity to alkylating chemotherapeutic agents and a higher susceptibility to TP53 transition ..
- Polymorphisms in genes of nucleotide and base excision repair: risk and prognosis of colorectal cancerVictor Moreno
Institut d Investigacio Biomedica de Bellvitge, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 12:2101-8. 2006..We have undertaken a comprehensive study of common polymorphisms in genes of DNA repair, exploring both the risk of developing colorectal cancer and the prognosis of patients...
- Correlation of clinical features and methylation status of MGMT gene promoter in glioblastomasJ L Blanc
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, EA 2224, IBMIG, Poitiers, France
J Neurooncol 68:275-83. 2004In an effort to extend the potential relationship between the methylation status of MGMT promoter and response to CENU therapy, we examined the methylation status of MGMT promoter in 44 patients with glioblastomas...
- Silencing effect of CpG island hypermethylation and histone modifications on O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene expression in human cancerTetsuji Nakagawachi
Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Saga Medical School, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Oncogene 22:8835-44. 2003O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repairs the cytotoxic and mutagenic O6-alkylguanine produced by alkylating agents such as chemotherapeutic agents and mutagens...
- Inhibition of Y-box binding protein-1 slows the growth of glioblastoma multiforme and sensitizes to temozolomide independent O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferaseYuanyuan Gao
Department of Pediatrics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, 950 West 28th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4H4
Mol Cancer Ther 8:3276-84. 2009..current dogma is that temozolomide resistance rests on the expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) because it cleaves methylated DNA adducts formed by the drug...
- The global DNA methylation surrogate LINE-1 methylation is correlated with MGMT promoter methylation and is a better prognostic factor for gliomaFumiharu Ohka
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e23332. 2011..Although GBM patients benefit from promoter hypermethylation of the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) that is the main determinant of resistance to TMZ, recent studies suggested that MGMT promoter methylation is of ..
- DNA repair gene O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase: promoter hypermethylation associated with decreased expression and G:C to A:T mutations of p53 in brain tumorsDong Yin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Carcinog 36:23-31. 2003The DNA repair enzyme O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) removes alkylating adducts from the O(6) position of guanine and protects cells from cytotoxic and mutagenic effects...
- MGMT promoter methylation and field defect in sporadic colorectal cancerLanlan Shen
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1330-8. 2005..The DNA repair gene O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is frequently methylated in colorectal cancer...
- Correlation between O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and survival in elderly patients with glioblastoma treated with radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomideGiuseppe Minniti
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, University La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035, 00189, Rome, Italy
J Neurooncol 102:311-6. 2011Epigenetic silencing of the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) gene by promoter methylation is correlated with improved progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) in adult patients with newly diagnosed ..
- Comprehensive analysis of MGMT promoter methylation: correlation with MGMT expression and clinical response in GBMNameeta Shah
The Ben and Catherine Ivy Center for Advanced Brain Tumor Treatment, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16146. 2011O⁶-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation has been identified as a potential prognostic marker for glioblastoma patients...
- Pitfalls in the assessment of MGMT expression and in its correlation with survival in diffuse astrocytomas: proposal of a feasible immunohistochemical approachDavid Capper
Institute of Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 115:249-59. 2008Immunohistochemical studies showed that O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) protein expression is negatively associated with survival in glioblastomas treated with alkylating agents in accordance with previous results of ..
- DNA repair polymorphisms XRCC1 and MGMT and risk of adult gliomasMartha J Felini
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Neuroepidemiology 29:55-8. 2007X-ray cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) are pivotal repair genes focused on repairing lesions due to ionizing radiation, alkylating agents, and oxidative DNA damage, risk factors ..
- Promoter methylation and polymorphisms of the MGMT gene in glioblastomas: a population-based studyIzabela Zawlik
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Neuroepidemiology 32:21-9. 2009O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a repair enzyme that removes promutagenic O(6)-methylguanine adducts in DNA, to protect cells from acquisition of G:C--> A:T mutations...
- Aberrant methylation of APC, MGMT, RASSF2A, and Wif-1 genes in plasma as a biomarker for early detection of colorectal cancerBo Bin Lee
Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 15:6185-91. 2009..To identify epigenetic molecular makers in plasma for the early detection of colorectal cancer...
- O(6)-Methylguanine DNA methyltransferase determined by promoter hypermethylation and immunohistochemical expression is correlated with progression-free survival in patients with glioblastomaYukihiko Sonoda
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 15:352-8. 2010The prognostic significance of O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) was evaluated by analysis of both MGMT promoter methylation and protein expression in a series of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma.
- Selected DNA repair polymorphisms and gastric cancer in PolandWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:1354-9. 2005..were consistent with those previously reported for the 5 polymorphisms studied: XRCC1-Arg399Gln, XPD-Lys751Gln, MGMT-Ile143Val, Leu84Phe, and XRCC3-Thr241Met...
- DNA repair polymorphisms and risk of colorectal adenomatous or hyperplastic polypsJeannette Bigler
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, M5 A864, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2501-8. 2005..n = 601), we investigated the role of polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes O(6)-methylguanine methyltransferase (MGMT; p.L84F and p.I143V), XPD (p.D312N and p.K751Q), and XPG (p.D1104H)...
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase Leu84Phe and Ile143Val polymorphisms and risk of colorectal cancer in the Nurses' Health Study and Physicians' Health Study (United States)Gregory J Tranah
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 17:721-31. 2006O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) removes mutagenic adducts from the O6-position of guanine in DNA. Unrepaired O6-methylguanines result in G:C to A:T transitions in mutated K-ras and p53 in colorectal tumors...
- [Correlation of aberrant methylation of MGMT gene to MTHFR C677T genetic polymorphisms in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma]Heng Chuan Xue
Department of Thoracic Surgery, People s Hospital of Yangzhong, Yangzhong, Jiangsu, 212200, P R China
Ai Zheng 27:1256-62. 2008..This study was to investigate the association between aberrant hypermethylation of MGMT gene and clinical characteristics as well as MTHFR C677T genetic polymorphisms in esophageal squamous cell ..
- Identification of regions correlating MGMT promoter methylation and gene expression in glioblastomasSibille Everhard
INSERM, U711, Batiment de la nouvelle Pharmacie, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Neuro Oncol 11:348-56. 2009The O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene (MGMT) is methylated in several cancers, including gliomas...
- Genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and chromosomal damage in workers exposed to 1,3-butadieneQi Wang
Department of Occupational Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Key Laboratory of Public Health and Safety of Ministry of Education of China, Shanghai 200032, China
Carcinogenesis 31:858-63. 2010..pathway (x-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) Arg194Trp, Arg280His, Arg399Gln, T-77C, ADPRT Val762Ala, MGMT Leu84Phe and APE1 Asp148Glu) and chromosomal damage in BD-exposed workers, using the cytokinesis-blocked (CB) ..
- Promoter hypermethylation of RASSF1A, MGMT, and HIC-1 genes in benign and malignant colorectal tumorsHamdy E Abouzeid
Radio Biological Applications Department, Nuclear Research Center, Atomic Energy Authority, Cairo, Egypt corrected
Tumour Biol 32:845-52. 2011..aim of the present study is the detection of methylation status for some tumor suppressor genes including RASSF1A, MGMT, and HIC-1 in both cancerous and precancerous lesions of colorectal mucosa to evaluate the possibility of ..
- Clinical correlation of MGMT protein expression and promoter methylation in Chinese glioblastoma patientsKai Tang
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, No 6 Tiantan Xili 100050, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China
Med Oncol 29:1292-6. 2012Promoter methylation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene has been considered as a prognostic maker and increasingly emphasized in the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM)...
- Prognostic significance of IDH-1 and MGMT in patients with glioblastoma: one step forward, and one step back?Stephanie E Combs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Radiat Oncol 6:115. 2011..treated with radiotherapy and temozolomide was analyzed for the impact of O6-methly-guanly-methyl-transferase (MGMT)-promoter methylation as well as isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH)1-mutational status...
- Alteration of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in colorectal neoplasms in sporadic and familial adenomatous polyposis patientsSun Hee Kim
Department of Pathology and Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Mol Carcinog 37:32-8. 2003..To investigate whether O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is altered during colorectal carcinogenesis, we performed immunohistochemical staining on 265 sporadic colorectal ..
- Tumor progression through epigenetic gene silencing of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in human biliary tract cancersYasuo Koga
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Nabeshima 5 1 1, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 12:354-63. 2005..demonstrated in an immunohistochemical study that reduced expression of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) correlated with a poorer prognosis in patients with biliary tract cancers...
- Silencing of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase in the absence of promoter hypermethylation in hepatocellular carcinomas from Australia and South AfricaNirmitha I Herath
Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Oncol Rep 17:817-22. 2007The DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is involved in cellular defences against alkylating agents...
- Detailed methylation patterns and protein expression profiles of MGMT in colorectal carcinoma surgical marginsDingdong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
Clin Biochem 41:19-25. 2008..Hence, we examined MGMT expression profile and methylation status in histologically negative margins of colorectal cancer patients.
- Prognostic significance of the immunohistochemical expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, P-glycoprotein, and multidrug resistance protein-1 in glioblastomasTakao Nakagawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
Neuropathology 29:379-88. 2009We studied the expression of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (O(6)-MGMT), P-glycoprotein (Pgp), and multidrug resistance protein-1 (MRP-1) in 23 glioblastomas using RT-PCR, methylation-specific PCR, and immunohistochemistry, and ..
- Inactivation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in soft tissue sarcomas: association with K-ras mutationsJeung Il Kim
Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Hum Pathol 40:934-41. 2009..methyltransferase protein expression status using immunohistochemistry and promoter hypermethylation of the MGMT gene using methylation-specific PCR...
- Detection of MGMT promoter methylation in normal individuals is strongly associated with the T allele of the rs16906252 MGMT promoter single nucleotide polymorphismIda L M Candiloro
Peter MaCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:862-7. 2009Methylation of the CpG island in the MGMT promoter region is a frequent event in several cancer types including colorectal cancer, lung cancer, lymphoma, and glioblastoma...
- Changes of the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation and MGMT protein expression after adjuvant treatment in glioblastomaTae Young Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 23:1269-76. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate variations of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation and protein expression after adjuvant treatment in glioblastoma patients...
- Variability and regulation of O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferaseGeoffrey P Margison
Cancer Research UK Carcinogenesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Carcinogenesis 24:625-35. 2003..In this commentary we specifically focus on the variation in ATase levels and our current understanding of the factors involved in the regulation of ATase expression...
- Prognostic significance of molecular markers and extent of resection in primary glioblastoma patientsJörg Felsberg
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:6683-93. 2009..Recent data indicate that certain molecular markers, in particular MGMT promoter hypermethylation, are associated with response to alkylating chemotherapy and longer survival...
- MGMT activity, promoter methylation and immunohistochemistry of pretreatment and recurrent malignant gliomas: a comparative study on astrocytoma and glioblastomaMarkus Christmann
Institute of Toxicology, University Medical Center Mainz, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Int J Cancer 127:2106-18. 2010The DNA repair protein O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a key player in tumor cell resistance. Promoter methylation, MGMT activity and immunohistochemistry are used for determining the MGMT status...
- Prognostic value of MGMT promoter methylation in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomide-based chemoradiation: a Portuguese multicentre studyBruno M Costa
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, Health Sciences School, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Oncol Rep 23:1655-62. 2010..The methylation status of the MGMT gene promoter is currently a promising molecular prognostic marker, but some controversial data have precluded its ..
- Variation of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation in serial samples in glioblastomaJonathon F Parkinson
Cancer Genetics Group, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
J Neurooncol 87:71-8. 2008Methylation of the promoter region of the O ( 6 ) -methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene is known to be predictive of response to temozolomide treatment in patients with glioblastoma...
- Intratumoral homogeneity of MGMT promoter hypermethylation as demonstrated in serial stereotactic specimens from anaplastic astrocytomas and glioblastomasEva M Grasbon-Frodl
Center for Neuropathology and Prion Research, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 121:2458-64. 2007Hypermethylation of the DNA repair gene O(6)-methyl-guanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) has been linked to prolonged survival in glioblastoma patients treated with alkylating agents...
- Is inactivation of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase still a favorable prognostic factor of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the era of R-CHOP chemotherapy?Gyeong Won Lee
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1992-8. 2009The prognostic significance of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) inactivation was evaluated in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) who received cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) ..
- ERCC1 haplotypes modify bladder cancer risk: a case-control studyFulvio Ricceri
Unit of Epidemiology and Life Sciences, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:191-200. 2010..that cases had a statistically significant excess of XRCC3-TAGT and ERCC1-GAT haplotypes, whereas ERCC1-AAC, MGMT-TA, XRCC1-TGCC and ERCC2-TGAA haplotypes were significantly underrepresented...
- Serum DNA can define tumor-specific genetic and epigenetic markers in gliomas of various gradesIris Lavon
Gaffin Center for Neuro Oncology and the Department of Neurology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Kerem, PO Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Neuro Oncol 12:173-80. 2010..The methylation status of O(6)-methyl guanine methyltransferase (MGMT) and phosphatase and tensin homolog promoters was studied by methylation-specific PCR...
- Polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene MGMT and risk and progression of head and neck cancerZhengdong Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:558-66. 2010..agents are involved in carcinogenesis, and the DNA repair protein O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) removes methyl group from O(6)-methylguanine...
- Comparison of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase activity in brain tumors and adjacent normal brainJ R Silber
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Cancer Res 53:3416-20. 1993We assayed the activity of the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in 60 human brain tumors to assess the effects of tumorigenesis in brain on DNA repair capability. Activity was not detectable (< 0...
- Mutually exclusive promoter hypermethylation patterns of hMLH1 and O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase in colorectal cancerEdward J Fox
Department of Pathology, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Mol Diagn 8:68-75. 2006..Transcriptional silencing of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) has also been described in a variety of neoplasms and has been associated with a consequent ..
- Frequent intra-tumoural heterogeneity of promoter hypermethylation in malignant melanomaM Rastetter
AWG Tumour Genetics of the Medical Faculty, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Histol Histopathol 22:1005-15. 2007..genes in melanoma, we analyzed the intra-tumoural distribution of promoter methylation of RASSF1A, p16, DAPK, MGMT, and Rb in 339 assays of 34 tumours (15 melanoma primaries, 19 metastases) by methylation-specific PCR, correlation ..
- Methylation pattern of the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene in colon during progressive colorectal tumorigenesisTakeshi Nagasaka
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:2429-36. 2008O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a DNA repair gene which is frequently methylated in colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Promoter methylation of TIMP3 and CDH1 predicts better outcome in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated by radiotherapy onlyH De Schutter
Leuvens Kanker Instituut, UH Leuven Campus Gasthuisberg, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Oncol Rep 21:507-13. 2009..the incidence and prognostic value of the promoter hypermethylation of TIMP3, CDH1, DAPK, RASSF1A, p16INK4A and MGMT in HNSCC treated solely by radiotherapy...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..double-strand break repair (DSB-R) genes XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC9, NBS1 and ATR; and direct damage reversal (DR) gene MGMT/AGT...
- Genetic variation in DNA repair genes and prostate cancer risk: results from a population-based studyIlir Agalliu
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:289-300. 2010..Alterations of this pathway have been reported in many cancers. An increase in oxidative DNA damage or decrease in DNA repair capacity with aging or due to germline genetic variation may affect prostate cancer risk...
- Methylation of MGMT in malignant pleural mesothelioma occurs in a subset of patients and is associated with the T allele of the rs16906252 MGMT promoter SNPLasse Sommer Kristensen
Institute of Human Genetics, Aarhus University, The Bartholin Building, Wilhelm Meyers Allé 4, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Lung Cancer 71:130-6. 2011Silencing of the DNA repair gene O⁶-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) by promoter methylation is an early event in several human cancers...
- Ubiquitination-dependent proteolysis of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in human and murine tumor cells following inactivation with O6-benzylguanine or 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosoureaK S Srivenugopal
Department of Experimental Pediatrics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Biochemistry 35:1328-34. 1996..the role of ubiquitination in the disposition of the inactivated O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) protein in human (HT-29 and CEM) and murine (ts85) tumor cells...
- The modified human DNA repair enzyme O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase is a negative regulator of estrogen receptor-mediated transcription upon alkylation DNA damageA K Teo
Chemical Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
Mol Cell Biol 21:7105-14. 2001..Here we show that the modified human DNA repair enzyme O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (R-MGMT), formed from the suicidal repair of the mutagenic O(6)-alkylguanine (6RG) lesions by MGMT in the cells exposed to ..
- O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter hypermethylation shifts the p53 mutational spectrum in non-small cell lung cancerP Wolf
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cancer Res 61:8113-7. 2001The DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) removes mutagenic adducts from the O6 position of guanine, thereby protecting the genome against G to A transition mutations...
- Frequent promoter hypermethylation of the O6-Methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase (MGMT) gene in testicular cancerB Smith-Sørensen
Department of Tumour Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Oncogene 21:8878-84. 2002..A series of 70 tumours were analysed for methylation of CpG sites in the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene promoter, and in exon 1alpha of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A gene (CDKN2A)...
- Effects of zinc occupancy on human O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferaseJoseph J Rasimas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Biochemistry 42:980-90. 2003..Zinc also provides conformational stability to hAGT that may influence its regulation...
- CpG methylation of MGMT and hMLH1 promoter in hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis viral infectionS Matsukura
Department of Biochemistry, Saga Medical School, Japan
Br J Cancer 88:521-9. 2003Inactivations of DNA repair genes, O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) and hMLH1, by promoter hypermethylation have been reported in several types of primary human neoplasia...
- Epigenetic regulation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene expression by histone acetylation and methyl-CpG binding proteinsRebecca P Danam
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital 332 North Lauderdale Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:61-9. 2005Transcriptional silencing of the DNA repair gene, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in a proportion of transformed cell lines is associated with methylated CpG hotspots in the MGMT 5' flank...
- Hypermethylation of CpG island in O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene was associated with K-ras G to A mutation in colorectal tumorJian Qi
Department of Gastroenterology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:2022-5. 2005To investigate the functions of promoter hypermethylation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene in colorectal tumorigenesis and progression.
- Kinetic analysis of steps in the repair of damaged DNA by human O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferaseHong Zang
Department of Biochemistry and Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
J Biol Chem 280:30873-81. 2005..The results explain the overall patterns of rates of alkyl group removal versus AGT concentration and the effects of the mutations, as well as the greater affinity of AGT for DNA with O6-alkylG lesions...
- Genetic variants of DNA repair genes and prostate cancer: a population-based studyJamie D Ritchey
George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1703-9. 2005..We found that the XRCC1-Arg399Gln AA and the MGMT-Leu84Phe CT+TT genotypes were associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer [odds ratio (OR), 2...
- O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase gene polymorphisms and the risk of primary lung cancerMyung Hwa Chae
Cancer Research Institute, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Samduk, Daegu, Korea
Mol Carcinog 45:239-49. 2006....
- Aberrant promoter hypermethylation of p16 and MGMT genes in oral squamous cell carcinomas and the surrounding normal mucosaKeizo Kato
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, 501 1194, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 132:735-43. 2006..Recent studies have shown roles of promoter hypermethylation of tumor suppressor genes, including p16 and MGMT, in several types of cancers...
- Interactions of human O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (AGT) with short single-stranded DNAsJoseph J Rasimas
Department of Molecular Physiology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3357-66. 2007..We hypothesize that modest binding cooperativity and high binding densities are adaptations that allow AGT to efficiently search for lesions in the context of chromatin remodeling and DNA replication...
- Association of genetic variants of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase with risk of lung cancer in non-Hispanic WhitesLuo Wang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1365, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2364-9. 2006..O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is critical for repairing damage to the O6-position of guanine...
- MGMT methylation: a marker of response to temozolomide in low-grade gliomasSibille Everhard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U711, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 60:740-3. 2006..0001). Assessment of MGMTP status could help identifying low-grade gliomas patients more likely to respond to chemotherapy or to benefit from MGMT depletion strategies.
- Amino acid substitution polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene MGMT and the susceptibility to cervical carcinomaJinyang Huang
Women s Reproductive Health Laboratory of Zhejiang Province, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Carcinogenesis 28:1314-22. 2007..study, we examined the association between polymorphisms in the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene (MGMT) and the risk for cervical carcinoma...
- Low frequency of promoter methylation of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase and hMLH1 in ulcerative colitis-associated tumors: comparison with sporadic colonic tumorsTetuo Mikami
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 127:366-73. 2007..to genesis of ulcerative colitis (UC)-associated tumors, promoter methylation and expression of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), hMLH1, p16INK4, and E-cadherin were examined in 14 low-grade dysplasias (LGDs), 15 high-..
- Association between lung cancer risk and single nucleotide polymorphisms in the first intron and codon 178 of the DNA repair gene, O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferasePhilip A J Crosbie
Cancer Research UK Carcinogenesis Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 122:791-5. 2008..These results suggest that the R allele may protect against lung cancer, specifically in heavy smokers, an effect that may result from this polymorphism affecting the function of the MGMT protein and/or levels in MGMT activity.
- Silencing of MGMT expression by promoter hypermethylation in the metaplasia-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence of Barrett's esophagusDoerthe Kuester
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Lett 275:117-26. 2009To determine the relevance of MGMT in Barrett's carcinogenesis, we analyzed promotor hypermethylation and expression of MGMT in Barrett's adenocarcinomas and its paired precursor lesions from 133 patients using a methylation-specific PCR, ..
- Association and interactions between DNA repair gene polymorphisms and adult gliomaYanhong Liu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:204-14. 2009..six single-nucleotide polymorphisms [ERCC1 3' untranslated region (UTR), XRCC1 R399Q, APEX1 E148D, PARP1 A762V, MGMT F84L, and LIG1 5'UTR] showed a significant association with glioma risk...
- Association between MGMT promoter hypermethylation and p53 mutation in glioblastomaJamal Shamsara
Biotechnology Research Center, Mashhad, Iran
Cancer Invest 27:825-9. 2009O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a DNA repair enzyme that removes alkyl groups from the O(6) position of guanine. MGMT is transcriptionally silenced by promoter hypermethylation in several human neoplasia...
- MGMT promoter hypermethylation in a series of 104 glioblastomasMarta Mellai
Neuro bio oncology Center of Policlinico di Monza Foundation, University of Turin, Via Pietro Micca, 29 13100 Vercelli, Italy
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 6:219-27. 2009To evaluate MGMT promoter hypermethylation as prognostic factor in a retrospective study of 104 cases of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).
- Promoter methylation and expression analysis of MGMT in advanced pediatric brain tumorsIacopo Sardi
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Florence, A O U Meyer Children s Hospital, 50139 Florence, Italy
Oncol Rep 22:773-9. 2009..in children with brain tumor may depend on the repair-action of inducible O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)...
- O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase expression and prognostic value in brain metastases of lung cancersPei Fang Wu
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Lung Cancer 68:484-90. 2010O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is critical for repairing pro-mutagenic DNA bases and is correlated with response to alkylating agents in cancers...
- High incidence of MGMT and RARbeta promoter methylation in primary glioblastomas: association with histopathological characteristics, inflammatory mediators and clinical outcomeChristina Piperi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Medical School, University of Athens, 11527 Athens, Greece
Mol Med 16:1-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to analyze the methylation status of four critical tumor-associated genes (MGMT, RARbeta, RASSF1A, CDH13), and investigate possible links with inflammatory (interleukin [IL]-6, IL-8) and ..
- Repair of O4-alkylthymine by O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferasesQingming Fang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 285:8185-95. 2010..These results show that specific alterations in the hAGT active site facilitate efficient recognition and repair of O(4)-alkylthymines and reveal damage-dependent interactions of base and nucleotide excision repair...
- MGMT Ile143Val polymorphism, dietary factors and the risk of breast, colorectal and prostate cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Norfolk studyYet Hua Loh
MRC Centre for Nutritional Epidemiology in Cancer Prevention and Survival, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Worts Causeway, United Kingdom
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:421-8. 2010O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repairs DNA damage caused by alkylating agents including N-nitroso compounds from diet...
- MGMT promoter methylation is predictive of response to radiotherapy and prognostic in the absence of adjuvant alkylating chemotherapy for glioblastomaAndreana L Rivera
Departments of Pathology and Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 0097, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:116-21. 2010Hypermethylation of the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) gene has been shown to be associated with improved outcome in glioblastoma (GBM) and may be a predictive marker of sensitivity to alkylating agents...
- O(6)-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase methylation status can change between first surgery for newly diagnosed glioblastoma and second surgery for recurrence: clinical implicationsAlba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Azienda USL Bellaria Maggiore Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Neuro Oncol 12:283-8. 2010O(6)-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation status is a prognostic factor in newly diagnosed glioblastoma patients. However, it is not yet clear whether, and if so how, MGMT methylation status may change...
- SMAD7 and MGMT genotype variants and cancer incidence in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Norfolk StudyYet Hua Loh
MRC Centre for Nutritional Epidemiology in Cancer Prevention and Survival, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol 35:369-74. 2011..Smad7 protein is a known inhibitor of TGF-β signalling pathway which has a prominent role in tumorigenesis. MGMT gene regulates the direct damage reversal repair pathway, preventing DNA damage and potential cancer development...
- Mutations that probe the cooperative assembly of O⁶-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase complexesClaire A Adams
Center for Structural Biology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, United States
Biochemistry 50:1590-8. 2011..This is the first evidence, to the best of our knowledge, of a role for residues at the protein-protein interface and, by implication, cooperative protein-protein interactions in the cell-protective mechanisms of AGT...
- O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase expression in tumor cells predicts outcome of radiotherapy plus concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide therapy in patients with primary glioblastomaReiko Watanabe
Division of Diagnostic Pathology, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Sunto, Shizuoka, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 28:127-35. 2011Expression of the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene has been shown to correlate with clinical outcomes in patients with glioblastoma multiforme treated with alkylating agents...
- The A/G allele of rs16906252 predicts for MGMT methylation and is selectively silenced in premalignant lesions from smokers and in lung adenocarcinomasShuguang Leng
Lung Cancer Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2014-23. 2011To address the association between sequence variants within the MGMT (O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase) promoter-enhancer region and methylation of MGMT in premalignant lesions from smokers and lung adenocarcinomas, their ..
- Promoter methylation and expression of MGMT and the DNA mismatch repair genes MLH1, MSH2, MSH6 and PMS2 in paired primary and recurrent glioblastomasJörg Felsberg
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 129:659-70. 2011Epigenetic silencing of the O(6) -methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene promoter is associated with prolonged survival in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomide (TMZ)...
- MGMT expression and promoter methylation status may depend on the site of surgical sample collection within glioblastoma: a possible pitfall in stratification of patients?Alessandro Della Puppa
Department of Neurosurgery, Padua University Hospital, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Neurooncol 106:33-41. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation status and MGMT expression in GBM samples collected according to the three-layer concentric ..
- Correlation of MGMT promoter methylation status with gene and protein expression levels in glioblastomaMiyuki Uno
Department of Neurology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:1747-55. 20111) To correlate the methylation status of the O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter to its gene and protein expression levels in glioblastoma and 2) to determine the most reliable method for using MGMT to predict the ..
- Status of O⁶ -methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase [MGMT] gene promoter methylation among patients with glioblastomas from IndiaGopal Arun Nehru
Department of Neurological Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Neurol India 60:481-6. 2012O⁶ -methylguanine DNA methyltransferase [MGMT] gene promoter methylation has emerged as a promising marker in determining resistance to temozolomide, used in the treatment of patients with glioblastomas.
- Hypermethylation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter may predict nonrecurrence after chemotherapy in colorectal cancer casesTakeshi Nagasaka
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:5306-12. 2003Because O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) plays an essential role in repairing DNA damage caused by environmental alkylating chemicals, we were interested in determining whether we could see any obvious changes in the ..
- A genotype of the polymorphic DNA repair gene MGMT is associated with de novo glioblastomaRyo Inoue
Department of Neurosurgery, Oita Medical University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasama, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Neurol Res 25:875-9. 2003..O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), which is one of the most important DNA repair proteins, has also been reported that enzymatic activity, as well ..
- Clinical trial substantiates the predictive value of O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomideMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics of the Neurosurgery Departments of the University Hospitals, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 10:1871-4. 2004..trial, we determined the predictive value of the methylation status of the O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter for outcome in glioblastoma patients treated with the alkylating agent temozolomide...
- Lack of association between Caucasian lung cancer risk and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase-codon 178 genetic polymorphismMihi Yang
Department of Preventive Medicine, Cancer Research Institute, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Chongno go, South Korea
Lung Cancer 44:281-6. 2004..O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a ubiquitously expressed enzyme that repairs DNA adducts formed by alkylating carcinogens...
- DNA binding and nucleotide flipping by the human DNA repair protein AGTDouglas S Daniels
Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, MB 4, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 11:714-20. 2004O(6)-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (AGT), or O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), prevents mutations and apoptosis resulting from alkylation damage to guanines...
- Polymorphisms in TDG and MGMT genes - epidemiological and functional study in lung cancer patients from PolandM Krześniak
Department of Tumor Biology, Center of Oncology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Institute, 44 101 Gliwice, Poland
Ann Hum Genet 68:300-12. 2004..We studied two genes coding for proteins removing small DNA adducts by direct repair (MGMT), or mispaired DNA bases by base excision repair (TDG)...
- Influence of CpG island methylation status in O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase expression of oral cancer cell linesJun Murakami
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Okayama University Graduate Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:339-45. 2004It is known that the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene is susceptible to epigenetic regulation associated with an altered frequency of CpG methylation...
- Frequent promoter hypermethylation and low expression of the MGMT gene in oligodendroglial tumorsMaria Möllemann
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 113:379-85. 2005..The DNA repair enzyme O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) may cause resistance to DNA-alkylating drugs commonly used in the treatment of anaplastic ..
- The hypermethylation and protein expression of p16 INK4A and DNA repair gene O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in various uterine cervical lesionsZhenhua Lin
Department of Pathology, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:364-70. 2005This study is aimed at investigating the significance of gene promoter methylation status and protein expression of p16 INK4A and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in the various uterine cervical lesions.
- Clinical implications of promoter hypermethylation in RASSF1A and MGMT in retinoblastomaKwong Wai Choy
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Neoplasia 7:200-6. 2005..changes of the RAS-associated domain family 1A (RASSF1A) gene and the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene in retinoblastoma...
- Zhiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..It is known that O6- methylguanine lesions are repaired by O6-methylguanine-DNA-methytransferase (MGMT);therefore, expression of MGMT confers TMZ resistance...
- Miqin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..the majority of GBMs are not responsive due to the resistance mediated by O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), a DNA repair protein that limits the radiosensitizing and cytotoxic effects of TMZ...
- DANIEL JOSEPH WEISENBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2016..A key outcome of the TCGA pilot was our finding of a link in glioblastoma multiforme between MGMT promoter methylation, treatment with alkylating agents, and a hypermutator phenotype associated with mismatch ..
- Gene Targeted Therapy of Brain TumorsJohn H Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal tests this "personalized" medicine approach in human tumors grown in mice as a prelude to human clinical studies. ..
- Factors for Epigenetic Silencing of Lung Cancer GenesSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..approach, we have demonstrated that aberrant methylation of the pl6 and/or O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoters can be detected in DNA from sputum in 100% of squamous cell lung carcinomas (SCCs) up to 3 years before ..
- Overcoming therapy resistance in GBMJann N Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 2: Investigate the relative importance of MGMT/MMR status and inherent TMZ sensitivity for the sensitizing effects of PARP inhibitors...
- TIMOTHY L SITA; Fiscal Year: 2016..majority of patients, this methyl group is rapidly removed by the enzyme O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), conferring resistance to the chemotherapy...
- Genome-wide promoter methylation profiling of gliomaAlbert Lai; Fiscal Year: 2012..research plan is based on the recent discovery that glioblastoma patients whose tumors have O(6)-Methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation demonstrate better survival and response to temozolomide (TMZ)...
- Biomarkers of survival in glioma epidemiologyJohn K Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 3 we will determine whether polymorphisms in MGMT or tumor TP53 mutation or expression influence survival in the presence or absence of tumor MGMT methylation in ..
- Charles G Eberhart; Fiscal Year: 2016..They will also examine a novel epigenetic mechanism by which the pathway can modulate MGMT expression and temozolomide sensitivity...
- Effectively Targeting Notch in Hypoxic Brain Tumor CellsCHARLES GEORGE EBERHART; Fiscal Year: 2012..They will also examine a novel epigenetic mechanism by which the pathway can modulate MGMT expression and temozolomide sensitivity...
- KAREN ELIZABETH POLLOK; Fiscal Year: 2014..primary cultures that differ in EGFR gene amplification, p53 status (wild-type or mutant), HDM2 status, MGMT expression, and sensitivities to TMZ and irradiation will be utilized...
- Role of Promotor Polymorphisms of the MGMT Gene in Alkylation ChemotherapySherif Z Abdel Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2010..O6-AG is repaired by the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), and, therefore, MGMT levels constitute a critical factor in determining tumor resistance to TMZ treatment...
- Jann N Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2016..one mechanism being driven by increased histone acetylation within the promoter of a critical DNA repair protein MGMT. Moreover, co-treatment with the histone deacetylase inhibitor SAHA promotes development of this epigenetically-..
- Epigenetic regulation of temozolomide responsiveness in glioblastomaJann N Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2012..A key cytotoxic lesion induced by TMZ is repaired by the O6- methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) DNA repair protein, and disruption of MGMT activity significantly increases the sensitivity of tumors to TMZ...
- Pesticide Exposure and DNA Methylation in Pesticide ApplicatorsJENNIFER ANN RUSIECKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..region methylation for four of the most commonly silenced genes in cancers of concern to this cohort, p16INK4, MGMT, CDH-1, and GSTp1...
- Modulation of DNA methylation status by dietary zinc: role in cancer preventionLOUISE FONG; Fiscal Year: 2009..in regulatory regions of specific genes, including the tumor suppressor genes CDKN2A and FHIT, the repair gene MGMT, and the stress-inducible gene MT-1;and B) if the DNA methyltransferase inhibitor 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine can ..
- Vinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2015..changes can dramatically influence tumor biology, response to therapy and prediction of outcome;one such effect, MGMT promoter methylation, is already known to influence the outcome of glioblastoma (GBM), the most aggressive of ..
- DNA repair-based models of glioblastoma response to radiation and temozolomideJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2009..developed marker, or the biochemical activity, of the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)...
- Lentiviral-MGMT gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cellsStanton L Gerson; Fiscal Year: 2011..large scale production of the newest generation lentiviral vectors (LV) with the clinical need for transferring the MGMT gene into hematopoietic stem cells...
- Neonatal Chemoselection Following Ex Vivo Gene Transfer For Hereditary DisordersKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..HSC will be transduced ex vivo by lentivirus-mediated gene transfer of P140K-methylguanine methytransferase (MGMT)...
- Ian F Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our studies demonstrated a striking association between outcome and several molecular features, including MGMT expression status, independent of clinical or histological factors;identified significant differences between ..
- Promoter Specific Hypermethylation Sensors for Early Cancer DetectionIndraneel Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2011..constructs;and 2) designing and testing biosensors that target promoter regions of genes (BRCA1, CDH1, p15, p16, MGMT, GSTp1) implicated in cancer...
- DNA REPAIR DEFECTS AFFECTING HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSStanton Gerson; Fiscal Year: 2005..methyl DNA adduct repair are mismatch repair [MMR] and 06-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase [AGT], encoded by the MGMT gene...
- NEOPLASTIC COMPLICATIONS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEStephen Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..including E-cadherin (CDH 1), p 16, p 15, p 14-ARF, death-associated protein kinase (DAPK), O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), human mutL homolog 1 (hMLH 1), adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), RASSF1A, deleted in colon ..
- Reactivation Methylation-Silenced Genes by PolyphenolsChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..cancer KYSE 510 cells with the tea polyphenol EGCG caused the reversal of hypermethylation of RARbeta, p16, MGMT, and hMLH1 and the regaining of gene expression. EGCG also inhibited DNMT activity in nuclear extracts...
- KARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2015..selection) at the stem cell level by conferring resistance to benzyl guanine (BG), an inhibitor of endogenous MGMT but not MGMTP140K, and to chloroethylating agents such as BCNU...
- Development of Novel AIDS Gene Therapy Strategies in the Macaque SHIV ModelHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2012..The anti-HIV vectors we propose to test contain MGMT transgenes to allow in vivo selection post-transplantation...
- Treatment Study Using Depot Naltrexone(1/6)Philadelphia Coord/Data Mgmt SiteCHARLES P O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The data from this study can also be used by the FDA to evaluate the benefits of this treatment that could improve the lives of patients suffering from opioid addiction. ..
- Gene therapy for Cooley's anemia in a new mouse modelStefano Rivella; Fiscal Year: 2010..of selective drug resistance genes, dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) versus methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT), will be evaluated (Aim 5) to enhance competitive repopulation of transduced stem cells expressing the human beta-..
- Stephen L Skirboll; Fiscal Year: 2015..phenotype(s) will be correlated with clinically relevant aspects of MGs such as histology subtypes, methylation of MGMT promoter, and overall patient survival...
- Methylation in Cancer Progression of Barrett's EsophagusJean S Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose the following specific aims utilizing a panel of 8 cancer-related genes (p16, E-cadherin, APC, ER, MGMT, DARK, RAR-beta and TIMP3): 1) To compare the prevalence of gene hypermethylation in BE patients with different ..
- Stem Cell Gene Therapy for Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency Using Foamy VectorsGrant Trobridge; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use foamy vectors that contain a P140K mutant O6-methylguanine-DNA- methyltransferase (MGMT) selection cassette in addition to the PK transgene...
- COMBATING ALKYLATING AGENT RESISTANCE IN HUMAN GLIOMASJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2002..agents is based on a mechanism(s) in addition to the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)...
- Development and Safety Evaluation of Chemo-Protective Gene Therapy VectorsBrian C Beard; Fiscal Year: 2011..is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of drug resistance gene therapy utilizing methylguanine methyltransferase (MGMT) combining in vitro and murine studies with a clinically relevant large animal model to develop safer gene therapy ..
- R&D-DRUG DEPENDENCY-MGMT SUPDIVYEN H PATEL; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EDRN: Clinical Epidemiology & Validation CentersHenry T Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2010..5. To carry out the following research projects a. a study of the frequency of CDKN2A, MGMT, HLTF, APC, HIC1, p14 ARF, MINT31, MINT2, TIMP3, THBS1, and MLH1 methylation in Lynch syndrome colon adenomas and ..
- R&D-DRUG DEPENDENCY-MGMT SUPDivyen Patel; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- R&D-DRUG DEPENDENCY-MGMT SUPDivyen Patel; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Optimizing Outcomes Using Suboxone for Opiate DependenceWALTER NMN LING; Fiscal Year: 2010..effects of three specific behavioral strategies, delivered in the context of a basic medical management (med mgmt) platform approaching what physicians do, in general, when prescribing buprenorphine...
- JEFFREY NEIL KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..identified two excellent biomarkers, the p16 tumor suppressor gene and the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repair gene, whose inactivations through aberrant CpG island promoter hypermethylation occur frequently and early ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transient transfection of minimized promoters into cell lines with an endogenously active or silenced gene will be used to elucidate the sequence of changes involved in repression of promoter activity. REVISED: July 7, 2005 ..
- MECHANISMS OF DRUG RESISTANCE IN PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMORSMICHAEL BOBOLA; Fiscal Year: 2000..and Ap endo activity to resistance will be compared to the contribution of O6-methylguanine- DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in the same cell lines...
- Regulation of MGMT by PhosphorylationKalkunte Srivenugopal; Fiscal Year: 2005O6-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a highly promising target for improving the efficacy of alkylating agents in the treatment of brain tumors and other cancers...
- Chemoresistance and Stem Cell SelectionDavid A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..In particular, transfer of mutants of O6 methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in combination with inhibitors of this protein, such as 6-benzylguanine (6-BG), and ..
- VARIATIONS IN CATARACT MGMT: PATIENT & ECONOMIC OUTCOMESEARL STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 1993..A feedback intervention and an evaluation of it also will be planned as part of this project...
- VARIATIONS IN CATARACT MGMT: PATIENT & ECONOMIC OUTCOMESEARL STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991..A feedback intervention and an evaluation of it also will be planned as part of this project...
- CHFR Methylation for Predicting Taxane Sensitivity in Lung and Esophageal CancerJames Herman; Fiscal Year: 2007..shown, previously, that DNA hypermethylation associated promoter region silencing of the DNA damage repair gene O6-MGMT, can predict patients sensitive to alkylating agents, and these patients benefit with long-term survival...
- REGULATION OF 06-METHYLGUANINE DNA METHYLTRANSFERASEEdward Bresnick; Fiscal Year: 199106-Methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (OMMT) is an important protein that functions in the repair of 06-methylguanine lesions in DNA that may be of some importance in carcinogenesis, as well as in cancer chemotherapy...
- Effect of dietary components on DNA repairMichael Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..pathways, including Base Excision Repair (BER), mismatch DNA repair (MMR), and methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT), in the response to alkylating agent-induced DNA damage; and 2) the effect of dietary constituents on these DNA ..
- Multicenter Trial of O6BG and Topical BCNU for CTCLKevin Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2007..which irreversibly inactivates O6-alkylguanine DNA alkyltransferase (AGT), a DNA repair enzyme encoded by the gene MGMT that is responsible for nitrosourea resistance in many malignancies, including CTCL...
- Altered MGMT in Acquired Drug ResistanceLili Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..failure of alkylating agents is the DNA repair protein, O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (AGT), encoded by the MGMT gene...
- MGMT OF INFO RESOURCES ON THERAPEUTIC AGENTS FOR HIV AND OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONSMargaret Rush; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Depsipeptide for the Treatment of Head and Neck CancerMissak Haigentz; Fiscal Year: 2006..genes such as p16 (CDKN2A) and E-cadherin and the DNA repair genes O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) and hMLH1...
- Workshop Series:"Control Banding":A Risk Assessment Tool for Joint Labor/Mgmt HltAnne Bracker; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the spring of 2008 the PI will submit a final report to NIOSH summarizing the lessons learned from the participants' experiences. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor Markers and Recurrent Adenomas: A Follow-up StudyWei Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cyclin D1 CMYC, and COX2 gene products; and 4) DNA methylation - methylation status of the promoters of the MLH1, MGMT, CDKN2A/P16, and APC...
- CARETRACK--A DBMS FOR MULTI-AGENCY CASE MGMT SUPPORTRICHARD SALIT; Fiscal Year: 1992..Evaluation of the system's performance will be based on measures of medical quality assurance, accuracy of information, accuracy of financial estimates including entitlement revenues, security maintenance and customer satisfaction...
- GENOMIC METHYLATION--A MECHANISM TO ALTER PHENOTYPESBernard Futscher; Fiscal Year: 2000..and drug resistant variants which have either lost the activity of a DNA repair protein, MGMT (06-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase), or overexpress the multidrug resistance gene (MDRl) will be used...
- CCNU in NSCLC Patients with Methylation of the MGMT GeneJoan Schiller; Fiscal Year: 2003..vitro and in vivo has been linked to expression of the DNA repair protein, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)...
- MGMT Gene Transfer To Protect Hematopoietic Stem CellsStanton Gerson; Fiscal Year: 2002..will be isolated on the basis of CD34 immunoselection and transduced with a drug resistance gene a mutant form of MGMT, G156AMGMT...
- Selectable Gamma-Globin Lentiviral Vectors for SCDDerek Persons; Fiscal Year: 2002..aim focuses on developing a gamma-globin vector also containing a selectable gene (methylguanine methyltransferase, MGMT), previously shown to enable in vivo selection of HSCs...
- In Vivo Stem Cell Selection in Neonatal Allo-TransplantsKarin Gaensler; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our positive selection strategy involves lentivirus-mediated transduction of HSCs with P140K-MGMT (methylguanine-methyltransferase), a variant DMA alkyltransferase that confers resistance to endogenous MGMT ..
- In Vivo BM Stem Cell Gene Transfer for MPS type IDao Pan; Fiscal Year: 2006..A selectable marking SIN-LV containing eGFP and MGMT (P140K) will be used to inject normal adult mice (Specific Aim1)...
- AUTOMATED SYSTEM FOR TELEPHONIC MGMT OF ASTHMAA Michael Albisser; Fiscal Year: 2000..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: The commercial application of this grant may be attractive to Health Maintenance Organizations, Medicare and Medicaid as well as those who see the need for cost containment. ..
- GENE TRANSFER INTO HEMATOPOIETIC PROGENITORSStanton Gerson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators have analyzed mutant forms of MGMT that provide resistance to the MGMT inhibitor, 06 benzylguanine (BG) and confer over 5 fold resistance to BG + BCNU ..