Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL9R
Description: interleukin 9 receptor
Alias: CD129, IL-9R, interleukin-9 receptor, IL-9 receptor
- IL-9 pathway in asthma: new therapeutic targets for allergic inflammatory disordersR C Levitt
Magainin Institute of Molecular Medicine, Magainin Pharmaceuticals, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 103:S485-91. 1999..Because of its importance in human health, additional research and alternative therapeutic strategies are justified to create more effective treatments for this debilitating disease...
- Induction of the IL-9 gene by HTLV-I Tax stimulates the spontaneous proliferation of primary adult T-cell leukemia cells by a paracrine mechanismJing Chen
Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 111:5163-72. 2008..In summary, these data support a role for IL-9 and its receptor in ATL by a paracrine mechanism...
- Association between IL-1A single nucleotide polymorphisms and chronic beryllium disease and beryllium sensitizationErin C McCanlies
Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:680-4. 2010..To determine if single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in interleukin (IL) IL-1A, IL-1B, IL-1RN, IL-2, IL-9, and IL-9R were associated with chronic beryllium disease (CBD) and beryllium sensitization (BeS)...
- High expression of IL-9R promotes the progression of human hepatocellular carcinoma and indicates a poor clinical outcomeHong Jun Li
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, the First People s Hospital of Hefei, Anhui 230000, P R China
Oncol Rep 34:795-802. 2015..018). The findings indicated that IL-9R was constitutively expressed and exerted a tumor-promoting effect in HCC, whose expression level may be a useful biomarker of tumor invasiveness and patient clinical outcome. ..
- Low expression of CD39(+) /CD45RA(+) on regulatory T cells (Treg ) cells in type 1 diabetic children in contrast to high expression of CD101(+) /CD129(+) on Treg cells in children with coeliac diseaseK Akesson
Department of Pediatrics, Ryhov County Hospital, Jonkoping, Sweden Futurum the Academy for Health and Care in Jönköping County Council, Jonkoping, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 180:70-82. 2015..CCR7(-) ) and Treg (CD4(+) CD25(+) FOXP3(+) CD127(-) ) cells, and their expression of CD39, CD45RA, CD101 and CD129, were studied by flow cytometry in T1D and/or coeliac disease children or without any of these diseases (reference ..
- Distinct spatial relationship of the interleukin-9 receptor with interleukin-2 receptor and major histocompatibility complex glycoproteins in human T lymphoma cellsEniko Nizsalóczki
Department of Biophysics and Cell Biology, Research Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Debrecen, P O B 39, 4012, Debrecen Hungary
Chemphyschem 15:3969-78. 2014..Our data indicate that co-compartmentalization with MHC glycoproteins is a general property of γ(c) receptors. Distribution of receptor chains between different membrane domains may regulate their function...
- GATA-3 dose-dependent checkpoints in early T cell commitmentDeirdre D Scripture-Adams
Division of Biology and Biological Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125
J Immunol 193:3470-91. 2014..1) and Bcl11a, and downregulated genes, including Cpa3, Ets1, Zfpm1, Bcl11b, Il9r, and Il17rb with gene-specific kinetics and dose dependencies...
- TH9 cells that express the transcription factor PU.1 drive T cell-mediated colitis via IL-9 receptor signaling in intestinal epithelial cellsKatharina Gerlach
Department of Medicine 1, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Kussmaul Campus for Medical Research, Erlangen, Germany
Nat Immunol 15:676-86. 2014....
- Clinical and cytogenomic studies in a case of infertility associated with a nonmosaic dicentric Y chromosomeY X Cui
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Andrologia 47:477-81. 2015..32→Yqter).ish (DYZ3++, SRY++, SHOX-). array (PLCXD1→SHOX) ×1,(SRY →GOLGA2P3Y)×2, (DHRSX→ ASMT, SPRY3 →IL9R)×3. The rearrangement Y chromosome is de novo. This is the first case reported with a nonmosaic 46,X, i (Y) (p11...
- Overexpression of IL-9 receptor in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaXiao Lv
Department of Hematology, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:911-6. 2013..Our findings suggest that overexpression of IL-9R may contribute to the pathogenesis of DLBCL and is associated with some adverse prognostic parameters...
- Interleukin-9 receptor gene is transcriptionally regulated by nucleolin in T-cell lymphoma cellsYi Shang
Experimental Radiobiology for Children s Health Research Group, Research Center for Radiation Protection, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
Mol Carcinog 51:619-27. 2012..The molecular mechanism that regulates transcription of the IL-9R gene (Il9r) during leukemogenesis is, however, not well understood...
- A naturally processed HLA-DR-bound peptide from the IL-9 receptor alpha of HTLV-1-transformed T cells serves as a T helper epitopeHiroya Kobayashi
Department of Pathology, Asahikawa Medical University, midorigaoka higashi 2 1 1, Asahikawa, 078 8510, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:2215-25. 2012....
- Robust tumor immunity to melanoma mediated by interleukin-9-producing T cellsRahul Purwar
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 18:1248-53. 2012..IL-9-blocking antibodies reversed this tumor growth inhibition and enhanced tumor growth in wild-type (WT) mice. Il9r(-/-) mice showed accelerated tumor growth, and administration of recombinant IL-9 (rIL-9) to tumor-bearing WT and ..
- Expression of plasma membrane receptor genes during megakaryocyte developmentSijie Sun
Department of Bioengineering, 2Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Physiol Genomics 45:217-27. 2013..These genes included: interleukin-9 receptor (IL9R), transforming growth factor, β receptor II (TGFBR2), interleukin-4 receptor (IL4R), colony stimulating factor-2 ..
- A fusion cytokine coupling GMCSF to IL9 induces heterologous receptor clustering and STAT1 hyperactivation through JAK2 promiscuityPingxin Li
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e69405. 2013..that it chaperones co-clustering of the functionally unrelated GMCSF receptor (GMCSFR) and IL9 receptor (IL9R) on cell surface of target cells...
- IL-9 and its receptor: from signal transduction to tumorigenesisLaurent Knoops
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Experimental Medicine Unit, Universite de Louvain, UCL 74 59, Avenue Hippodrome 74, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Growth Factors 22:207-15. 2004..Moreover, in vitro, dysregulated IL-9 response can lead to autonomous cell growth and malignant transformation of lymphoid cells associated with constitutive activation of the Jak/STAT pathway...
- An association between IL-9 and IL-9 receptor gene polymorphisms and atopic dermatitis in a Korean populationJung Hyun Namkung
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Dermatol Sci 62:16-21. 2011..Although studies performed on transgenic and knockout mice have shown conflicting results, no evidence of skin changes has ever been reported in these animals...
- Refinement of the X-linked nonsyndromic high-grade myopia locus MYP1 on Xq28 and exclusion of 13 known positional candidate genes by direct sequencingUppala Ratnamala
Department of Pharmacology, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6814-9. 2011..It can occur as an isolated genetic condition or be associated with other anomalies and/or syndromes. Seventeen myopia loci have been identified on various chromosomes; however, no specific gene mutations have yet been identified...
- Differential roles for the IL-9/IL-9 receptor alpha-chain pathway in systemic and oral antigen-induced anaphylaxisHeather Osterfeld
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:469-476.e2. 2010..The cytokine IL-9 has been implicated in allergic reactions, including food allergy, but its contribution to parenteral versus oral antigen-induced anaphylaxis remains unclear...
- Association of the X-chromosomal genes TIMP1 and IL9R with rheumatoid arthritisJana Burkhardt
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine BBZ, Leipzig, Germany
J Rheumatol 36:2149-57. 2009..Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an inflammatory joint disease with features of an autoimmune disease with female predominance. Candidate genes located on the X-chromosome were selected for a family trio-based association study...
- T(H)2 cytokines modulate the IL-9R expression on human neutrophilsStephane Dragon
Department of Immunology and the CIHR National Training Program in Allergy and Asthma, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Mannitoba, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 384:167-72. 2009..Collectively, our results reveal a regulatory function for IFN-gamma and IL-10 on modulating the inducible IL-9Ralpha expression levels on peripheral blood neutrophils by T(H)2 cytokines...
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia-associated JAK1 mutants activate the Janus kinase/STAT pathway via interleukin-9 receptor alpha homodimersTekla Hornakova
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch and de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 284:6773-81. 2009..Similar results were observed with IL-2Rbeta. Taken together, our results show that IL-9Ralpha and IL-2Rbeta homodimers efficiently mediate constitutive activation of ALL-associated JAK1 mutants...
- Ligand-independent homomeric and heteromeric complexes between interleukin-2 or -9 receptor subunits and the gamma chainYaniv Malka
Department of Neurobiology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 283:33569-77. 2008....
- Expression of IL-9 receptor alpha chain on human germinal center B cells modulates IgE secretionLama M Fawaz
Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:1208-15. 2007..IL-9 has been shown to affect the differentiation pathway of different cell types. However, its potential role in the maturation pathway of antigen-driven B-cell differentiation and its functional effects remain unknown...
- Interaction between variants in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha and interleukin-9 receptor genes in childhood wheezing: evidence from a birth cohort studyE Melen
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1391-8. 2006..Such interactions have been proposed to explain partly the difficulties in replicating association studies...
- Differentially regulated and evolved genes in the fully sequenced Xq/Yq pseudoautosomal regionA Ciccodicola
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, CNR, Via Marconi 10, 80125 Naples, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 9:395-401. 2000..The GC-rich distal 35 kb, added in stages and much later in evolution, contains the X/Y expressed gene IL9R and a novel gene, CXYorf1, only 5 kb from the Xq telomere...
- Sharing of the IL-2 receptor gamma chain with the functional IL-9 receptor complexY Kimura
Department of Microbiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Int Immunol 7:115-20. 1995..These results demonstrate that the gamma c chain is included in the functional receptor complex for IL-9, which was initially characterized as a T cell growth factor and is essential for IL-9-dependent growth signal transduction...
- Isolation and characterization of the human interleukin-9 receptor geneM S Chang
Department of Developmental Biology, Amgen Inc Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
Blood 83:3199-205. 1994....
- The IL-9 receptor gene (IL9R): genomic structure, chromosomal localization in the pseudoautosomal region of the long arm of the sex chromosomes, and identification of IL9R pseudogenes at 9qter, 10pter, 16pter, and 18pterA Kermouni
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Belgium
Genomics 29:371-82. 1995Cosmids containing the human IL-9 receptor (R) gene (IL9R) have been isolated from a genomic library using the IL9R cDNA as a probe. We have shown that the human IL9R cDNA as a probe...
- A single tyrosine of the interleukin-9 (IL-9) receptor is required for STAT activation, antiapoptotic activity, and growth regulation by IL-9J B Demoulin
Brussels Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels, Belgium
Mol Cell Biol 16:4710-6. 1996..Taken together, these data indicate that a single tyrosine of the IL-9 receptor, required for activation of three different STAT proteins, is necessary for distinct activities of this cytokine, including proliferative responses...
- The IL-9 receptor gene, located in the Xq/Yq pseudoautosomal region, has an autosomal origin, escapes X inactivation and is expressed from the YJ R Vermeesch
Center for Human Genetics, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 6:1-8. 1997..We show that the interleukin-9 (IL-9) receptor gene (IL9R), which is located within the human Xq/Yq homology region, maps to the murine chromosome 11...
- Differential expression pattern of XqPAR-linked genes SYBL1 and IL9R correlates with the structure and evolution of the regionM D'ESPOSITO
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, CNR, Naples, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 6:1917-23. 1997The recently discovered second pseudoautosomal region (XqPAR) contains at least two genes, IL9R and SYBL1...
- Heteromerization of the gammac chain with the interleukin-9 receptor alpha subunit leads to STAT activation and prevention of apoptosisJ H Bauer
Institute for Biochemistry, Free University Berlin, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 273:9255-60. 1998..Nonetheless, these T cells are efficiently protected from dexamethasone-induced apoptosis. These results further define the molecular architecture of the IL-9R and its specific connections to various biologic responses...
- Tip60 interacts with human interleukin-9 receptor alpha-chainD Sliva
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Indiana Cancer Research Institute, 1044 W Walnut Street, R4 272, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:149-55. 1999..Our results therefore suggest that Tip60 may act as a cofactor of Stat3 or as an adaptor protein for molecules that are important for IL-9 signaling...
- Pseudoautosomal gene: possible association with bipolar males but not with schizophreniaZ Hawi
Department of Psychiatry and Genetics, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Psychiatr Genet 9:129-34. 1999..In this investigation, we analysed a polymorphic CAG repeat in the interleukin receptor gene (IL9R), mapped to the pseudoautosomal region Xq28 and Yq21 (a candidate region for schizophrenia and affective disorder)...
- 14-3-3zeta interacts with the alpha-chain of human interleukin 9 receptorD Sliva
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Indiana Cancer Research Institute, 1044 W Walnut Street, R4 272, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Biochem J 345:741-7. 2000..This is the first demonstration that 14-3-3 can interact with a non-tyrosine kinase receptor. The interaction between 14-3-3 and IL-9Ralpha but not IL-4Ralpha also suggests a potential role for 14-3-3 in determining cytokine specificity...
- Expression cloning of the murine and human interleukin 9 receptor cDNAsJ C Renauld
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:5690-4. 1992..Sequence analysis revealed that the IL-9 receptor belongs to the recently described hematopoietin receptor super-family and is expressed in membrane-bound and soluble forms...
- Signals from the IL-9 receptor are critical for the early stages of human intrathymic T cell developmentM De Smedt
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Ghent, University Hospital of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
J Immunol 164:1761-7. 2000..Addition of IL-9 to the FTOC resulted in an increase in cell number, without disturbing the frequencies of the different subsets. These data suggest that IL-9Ralpha signaling is critical in early T lymphoid development...
- Expression analysis of thirty one Y chromosome genes in human prostate cancerY F Lau
Division of Cell and Developmental Genetics, Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center, 111C5, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Mol Carcinog 27:308-21. 2000..Androgen stimulation of the LNCaP cells resulted in up-regulation of PGPL, CSFR2A, IL3RA, TSPY, and IL9R and down regulation of SRY, ZFY, and DFFRY...
- The IL9R region contribution in asthma is supported by genetic association in an isolated populationP Kauppi
Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Hum Genet 8:788-92. 2000..5q cytokine cluster did not support a genetic role for the IL9 gene, we became interested in the IL9 receptor gene (IL9R) in the pseudoautosomal region...
- Functional expression of IL-9 receptor by human neutrophils from asthmatic donors: role in IL-8 releaseS Abdelilah
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 166:2768-74. 2001..Taken together, these findings suggest a novel role for PMNs in allergic disease through the expression and activation of the IL-9R...
- Cutting edge: the common gamma-chain is an indispensable subunit of the IL-21 receptor complexH Asao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Immunol 167:1-5. 2001..The chemical cross-linking study reveals the direct binding of IL-21 to the gamma(c). These data clearly demonstrate that the gamma(c) is an indispensable subunit of the functional IL-21R complex...
- Il-9 stimulates release of chemotactic factors from human bronchial epithelial cellsF F Little
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 25:347-52. 2001..We conclude that IL-9 is a stimulus for airway epithelial cell release of T-cell chemoattractant factors, which in turn may modulate the immune response in allergic airway inflammation...
- A calcium-activated chloride channel (HCLCA1) is strongly related to IL-9 expression and mucus production in bronchial epithelium of patients with asthmaMasao Toda
Meakins Christie Laboratories, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 109:246-50. 2002..Recently, a calcium-activated chloride channel, HCLCA1, was described that is upregulated by IL-9 and thought to regulate the expression of soluble gel-forming mucins, such as MUC5A/C, a critical component of mucus in the airways...
- Human bronchial epithelium expresses interleukin-9 receptors and releases neutrophil chemotactic factorAkihiro Tsukadaira
First Department of Internal Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Exp Lung Res 28:123-39. 2002..The components of the IL-9 receptor, consisting of IL-9 receptor alpha (CD129) and IL-2 receptory ((1)132), were expressed on BEAS-2B cells as determined by RT-PCR and flow cytometry...
- Detailed chromosomal and radiation hybrid mapping in the proximal part of rat Chromosome 10 and gene order comparison with mouse and humanAfrouz Behboudi
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology Genetics, Lundberg Laboratory, Goteborg University, Box 462, Sweden
Mamm Genome 13:302-9. 2002..The regional localization of 14 genes, most of them cancer-related ( Grin2a, Gspt1, Crebbp, Gfer, Tsc2, Tpsb1, Il9r, Il4, Irf1, Csf2, Sparc, Tp53, Thra1, Gh1), and of five microsatellite markers ( D10Mit10, D10Rat42, D10Rat50, ..
- Complex events in the evolution of the human pseudoautosomal region 2 (PAR2)Fadi J Charchar
Department of Genetics, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria 3086, Australia
Genome Res 13:281-6. 2003..in primates and also in mouse, but autosomal in wallaby, suggesting a later addition 70-130 million years ago, and IL9R was on the X only in primate, suggesting addition 60-70 million years ago...
- Sex specific protective effects of interleukin-9 receptor haplotypes on childhood wheezing and sensitisationE Melen
J Med Genet 41:e123. 2004