Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL9R
Description: interleukin 9 receptor
Alias: CD129, IL-9R, interleukin-9 receptor, IL-9 receptor
- Fawaz L, Sharif Askari E, Hajoui O, Soussi Gounni A, Hamid Q, Mazer B. Expression of IL-9 receptor alpha chain on human germinal center B cells modulates IgE secretion. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:1208-15 pubmed..IL-9 appears to be involved in memory B-cell differentiation and T(H)2-mediated allergic diseases such as asthma. ..
- Ã…kesson K, Tompa A, RydÃ©n A, FaresjÃ¶ M. Low expression of CD39(+) /CD45RA(+) on regulatory T cells (Treg ) cells in type 1 diabetic children in contrast to high expression of CD101(+) /CD129(+) on Treg cells in children with coeliac disease. Clin Exp Immunol. 2015;180:70-82 pubmed publisher..CCR7(-) ) and Treg (CD4(+) CD25(+) FOXP3(+) CD127(-) ) cells, and their expression of CD39, CD45RA, CD101 and CD129, were studied by flow cytometry in T1D and/or coeliac disease children or without any of these diseases (reference ..
- Namkung J, Lee J, Kim E, Park G, Yang H, Jang H, et al. An association between IL-9 and IL-9 receptor gene polymorphisms and atopic dermatitis in a Korean population. J Dermatol Sci. 2011;62:16-21 pubmed publisher..As the classes of helper T cells are diverse and the function of IL-9 cytokine has not been fully described, the cutaneous function of IL-9 needs to be further explored in future studies. ..
- Burkhardt J, Petit Teixeira E, Teixeira V, Kirsten H, Garnier S, Ruehle S, et al. Association of the X-chromosomal genes TIMP1 and IL9R with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2009;36:2149-57 pubmed publisher..In combined analysis of sets 1 and 2, evidence remained for association of 3 SNP in the genes UBA1, TIMP1, and IL9R. These were again genotyped in the third sample set...
- Dragon S, Takhar M, Shan L, Hayglass K, Simons F, Gounni A. T(H)2 cytokines modulate the IL-9R expression on human neutrophils. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:167-72 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results reveal a regulatory function for IFN-gamma and IL-10 on modulating the inducible IL-9Ralpha expression levels on peripheral blood neutrophils by T(H)2 cytokines. ..
- Hornakova T, Staerk J, Royer Y, Flex E, Tartaglia M, Constantinescu S, et al. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia-associated JAK1 mutants activate the Janus kinase/STAT pathway via interleukin-9 receptor alpha homodimers. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6773-81 pubmed publisher..Similar results were observed with IL-2Rbeta. Taken together, our results show that IL-9Ralpha and IL-2Rbeta homodimers efficiently mediate constitutive activation of ALL-associated JAK1 mutants. ..
- Melen E, Umerkajeff S, Nyberg F, Zucchelli M, Lindstedt A, Gullsten H, et al. Interaction between variants in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha and interleukin-9 receptor genes in childhood wheezing: evidence from a birth cohort study. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:1391-8 pubmed..departure from a multiplicative interaction model) between the IL4RA SNPs and four SNPs in the IL-9 receptor (IL9R) gene previously associated with childhood wheezing...
- Kermouni A, Van Roost E, Arden K, Vermeesch J, Weiss S, Godelaine D, et al. The IL-9 receptor gene (IL9R): genomic structure, chromosomal localization in the pseudoautosomal region of the long arm of the sex chromosomes, and identification of IL9R pseudogenes at 9qter, 10pter, 16pter, and 18pter. Genomics. 1995;29:371-82 pubmedCosmids containing the human IL-9 receptor (R) gene (IL9R) have been isolated from a genomic library using the IL9R cDNA as a probe. We have shown that the human IL9R cDNA as a probe...
- Abdelilah S, Latifa K, Esra N, Cameron L, Bouchaib L, Nicolaides N, et al. Functional expression of IL-9 receptor by human neutrophils from asthmatic donors: role in IL-8 release. J Immunol. 2001;166:2768-74 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest a novel role for PMNs in allergic disease through the expression and activation of the IL-9R. ..
- De Smedt M, Verhasselt B, Kerre T, Vanhecke D, Naessens E, Leclercq G, et al. Signals from the IL-9 receptor are critical for the early stages of human intrathymic T cell development. J Immunol. 2000;164:1761-7 pubmed..Addition of IL-9 to the FTOC resulted in an increase in cell number, without disturbing the frequencies of the different subsets. These data suggest that IL-9Ralpha signaling is critical in early T lymphoid development. ..
- Sliva D, Zhu Y, Tsai S, Kamine J, Yang Y. Tip60 interacts with human interleukin-9 receptor alpha-chain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:149-55 pubmed..Our results therefore suggest that Tip60 may act as a cofactor of Stat3 or as an adaptor protein for molecules that are important for IL-9 signaling. ..
- Kimura Y, Takeshita T, Kondo M, Ishii N, Nakamura M, Van Snick J, et al. Sharing of the IL-2 receptor gamma chain with the functional IL-9 receptor complex. Int Immunol. 1995;7:115-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the gamma c chain is included in the functional receptor complex for IL-9, which was initially characterized as a T cell growth factor and is essential for IL-9-dependent growth signal transduction. ..
- Chang M, Engel G, Benedict C, Basu R, McNinch J. Isolation and characterization of the human interleukin-9 receptor gene. Blood. 1994;83:3199-205 pubmed
- Li H, Sun Q, Liu L, Zhang J, Huang J, Wang C, et al. High expression of IL-9R promotes the progression of human hepatocellular carcinoma and indicates a poor clinical outcome. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:795-802 pubmed publisher..018). The findings indicated that IL-9R was constitutively expressed and exerted a tumor-promoting effect in HCC, whose expression level may be a useful biomarker of tumor invasiveness and patient clinical outcome. ..
- Demoulin J, Uyttenhove C, Van Roost E, DeLestré B, Donckers D, Van Snick J, et al. A single tyrosine of the interleukin-9 (IL-9) receptor is required for STAT activation, antiapoptotic activity, and growth regulation by IL-9. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4710-6 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that a single tyrosine of the IL-9 receptor, required for activation of three different STAT proteins, is necessary for distinct activities of this cytokine, including proliferative responses. ..
- NizsalÃ³czki E, CsomÃ³s I, Nagy P, Fazekas Z, Goldman C, Waldmann T, et al. Distinct spatial relationship of the interleukin-9 receptor with interleukin-2 receptor and major histocompatibility complex glycoproteins in human T lymphoma cells. Chemphyschem. 2014;15:3969-78 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that co-compartmentalization with MHC glycoproteins is a general property of Î³(c) receptors. Distribution of receptor chains between different membrane domains may regulate their function. ..
- Vermeesch J, Petit P, Kermouni A, Renauld J, Van den Berghe H, Marynen P. The IL-9 receptor gene, located in the Xq/Yq pseudoautosomal region, has an autosomal origin, escapes X inactivation and is expressed from the Y. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:1-8 pubmed..We show that the interleukin-9 (IL-9) receptor gene (IL9R), which is located within the human Xq/Yq homology region, maps to the murine chromosome 11...
- Bauer J, Liu K, You Y, Lai S, Goldsmith M. Heteromerization of the gammac chain with the interleukin-9 receptor alpha subunit leads to STAT activation and prevention of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9255-60 pubmed..Nonetheless, these T cells are efficiently protected from dexamethasone-induced apoptosis. These results further define the molecular architecture of the IL-9R and its specific connections to various biologic responses. ..
- Lv X, Feng L, Fang X, Jiang Y, Wang X. Overexpression of IL-9 receptor in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:911-6 pubmed..Our findings suggest that overexpression of IL-9R may contribute to the pathogenesis of DLBCL and is associated with some adverse prognostic parameters. ..
- Little F, Cruikshank W, Center D. Il-9 stimulates release of chemotactic factors from human bronchial epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2001;25:347-52 pubmed..We conclude that IL-9 is a stimulus for airway epithelial cell release of T-cell chemoattractant factors, which in turn may modulate the immune response in allergic airway inflammation. ..
- Nowak E, Weaver C, Turner H, Begum Haque S, Becher B, Schreiner B, et al. IL-9 as a mediator of Th17-driven inflammatory disease. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1653-60 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data implicate IL-9 as a Th17-derived cytokine that can contribute to inflammatory disease...
- Kauppi P, Laitinen T, Ollikainen V, Mannila H, Laitinen L, Kere J. The IL9R region contribution in asthma is supported by genetic association in an isolated population. Eur J Hum Genet. 2000;8:788-92 pubmed..5q cytokine cluster did not support a genetic role for the IL9 gene, we became interested in the IL9 receptor gene (IL9R) in the pseudoautosomal region...
- Renauld J, Druez C, Kermouni A, Houssiau F, Uyttenhove C, Van Roost E, et al. Expression cloning of the murine and human interleukin 9 receptor cDNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:5690-4 pubmed..Sequence analysis revealed that the IL-9 receptor belongs to the recently described hematopoietin receptor super-family and is expressed in membrane-bound and soluble forms. ..
- Asao H, Okuyama C, Kumaki S, Ishii N, Tsuchiya S, Foster D, et al. Cutting edge: the common gamma-chain is an indispensable subunit of the IL-21 receptor complex. J Immunol. 2001;167:1-5 pubmed..The chemical cross-linking study reveals the direct binding of IL-21 to the gamma(c). These data clearly demonstrate that the gamma(c) is an indispensable subunit of the functional IL-21R complex. ..
- Melen E, Gullsten H, Zucchelli M, Lindstedt A, Nyberg F, Wickman M, et al. Sex specific protective effects of interleukin-9 receptor haplotypes on childhood wheezing and sensitisation. J Med Genet. 2004;41:e123 pubmed
- Gounni A, Hamid Q, Rahman S, Hoeck J, Yang J, Shan L. IL-9-mediated induction of eotaxin1/CCL11 in human airway smooth muscle cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:2771-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data provide new evidence demonstrating that IL-9-dependent activation of ASM cells contributes to eosinophilic inflammation observed in asthma. ..
- Sliva D, Gu M, Zhu Y, Chen J, Tsai S, Du X, et al. 14-3-3zeta interacts with the alpha-chain of human interleukin 9 receptor. Biochem J. 2000;345 Pt 3:741-7 pubmed..The interaction between 14-3-3 and IL-9Ralpha but not IL-4Ralpha also suggests a potential role for 14-3-3 in determining cytokine specificity. ..
- Ciccodicola A, D ESPOSITO M, Esposito T, Gianfrancesco F, Migliaccio C, Miano M, et al. Differentially regulated and evolved genes in the fully sequenced Xq/Yq pseudoautosomal region. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:395-401 pubmed..The GC-rich distal 35 kb, added in stages and much later in evolution, contains the X/Y expressed gene IL9R and a novel gene, CXYorf1, only 5 kb from the Xq telomere...
- Lv X, Feng L, Ge X, Lu K, Wang X. Interleukin-9 promotes cell survival and drug resistance in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:106 pubmed publisher..IL-9 is associated with clinical features of DLBCL patients. It promotes survival of DLBCL cells and reduces the sensitivities of tumor cells to chemotherapeutic drugs via upregulation of p21CIP1 genes. ..
- Guggino G, Ciccia F, Di Liberto D, Lo Pizzo M, Ruscitti P, Cipriani P, et al. Interleukin (IL)-9/IL-9R axis drives ?? T cells activation in psoriatic arthritis patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2016;186:277-283 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in PsA patients ?? T cells activation is driven prevalently by IL-9/IL-9R interaction, and not only by IL-23/IL-23R. Together these findings indicate ?? T cells and IL-9 as new players in the pathogenesis of PsA. ..
- Tsukadaira A, Okubo Y, Koyama S, Sato E, Nagase H, Agematsu K, et al. Human bronchial epithelium expresses interleukin-9 receptors and releases neutrophil chemotactic factor. Exp Lung Res. 2002;28:123-39 pubmed..The components of the IL-9 receptor, consisting of IL-9 receptor alpha (CD129) and IL-2 receptory ((1)132), were expressed on BEAS-2B cells as determined by RT-PCR and flow cytometry...