Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-8
Description: C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 8
Alias: GCP-1, GCP1, IL8, LECT, LUCT, LYNAP, MDNCF, MONAP, NAF, NAP-1, NAP1, interleukin-8, T-cell chemotactic factor, alveolar macrophage chemotactic factor I, beta endothelial cell-derived neutrophil activating peptide, beta-thromboglobulin-like protein, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 8, emoctakin, granulocyte chemotactic protein 1, interleukin 8, lung giant cell carcinoma-derived chemotactic protein, lymphocyte derived neutrophil activating peptide, monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor, monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide, neutrophil-activating peptide 1, small inducible cytokine subfamily B, member 8, tumor necrosis factor-induced gene 1
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Fernando R, Castillo M, Litzinger M, Hamilton D, Palena C. IL-8 signaling plays a critical role in the epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 2011;71:5296-306 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate the essential role of interleukin 8 (IL-8) signaling for the acquisition and/or maintenance of the mesenchymal and invasive features of Brachyury-..
- Vij N, Amoako M, Mazur S, Zeitlin P. CHOP transcription factor mediates IL-8 signaling in cystic fibrosis bronchial epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;38:176-84 pubmed..We confirmed the regulation of IL-8 promoter by CHOP in CF cells using the IL-8 reporter assay. We conclude that PGE-2 stimulates IL-8 production through the CHOP transcription factor in CF cells. ..
- Wu K, Katiyar S, Li A, Liu M, Ju X, Popov V, et al. Dachshund inhibits oncogene-induced breast cancer cellular migration and invasion through suppression of interleukin-8. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:6924-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data identify a pathway by which an endogenous cell-fate determination factor blocks oncogene-dependent tumor metastasis via a key heterotypic mediator. ..
- Wang J, Pan H, Hu Y, Zhu Y, He Q. Polymorphism of IL-8 in 251 allele and gastric cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:1818-23 pubmed publisher..840, 95% CI: 1.112-2.568) but not for noncardiac gastric cancer. This meta-analysis suggested that IL-8 251 allele A>T polymorphism might be a risk factor for gastric cancer. ..
- Kumar Pachathundikandi S, Brandt S, Madassery J, Backert S. Induction of TLR-2 and TLR-5 expression by Helicobacter pylori switches cagPAI-dependent signalling leading to the secretion of IL-8 and TNF-?. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19614 pubmed publisher..pylori-induced expression of TLR-2 and TLR-5 can qualitatively shift cagPAI-dependent to cagPAI-independent pro-inflammatory signalling pathways with possible impact on the outcome of H. pylori-associated diseases. ..
- Ahmed O, Adel A, Diab D, Gobran N. Prognostic value of serum level of interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in metastatic breast cancer patients. Egypt J Immunol. 2006;13:61-8 pubmed..Thus, it could be concluded that serum level of IL-6 and IL-8 are useful prognostic factors in metastatic breast cancer patients. ..
- Savage S, Abnet C, Mark S, Qiao Y, Dong Z, Dawsey S, et al. Variants of the IL8 and IL8RB genes and risk for gastric cardia adenocarcinoma and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2004;13:2251-7 pubmed..Interleukin-8 (IL8), a potent chemoattractant, has three well-characterized single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP), one (-251) of which ..
- Lee E, Kim J, Zhao J, Park M, Song Y. Haplotype association of IL-8 gene with Behcet's disease. Tissue Antigens. 2007;69:128-32 pubmed..These results suggest that the genetic polymorphisms of proinflammatory chemokine IL-8 can contribute to the pathogenesis of BD. ..
- Kuwada Y, Sasaki T, Morinaka K, Kitadai Y, Mukaida N, Chayama K. Potential involvement of IL-8 and its receptors in the invasiveness of pancreatic cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:765-71 pubmed..These results demonstrate that IL-8 and IL-8 receptors are over-expressed in pancreatic cancer, and suggest that IL-8 regulates MMP-2 activity and plays an important role in the invasiveness of human pancreatic cancer. ..
- Shi J, Su X, Xu J, Zhang W, Shi Y. MK2 posttranscriptionally regulates TNF-?-induced expression of ICAM-1 and IL-8 via tristetraprolin in human pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;302:L793-9 pubmed publisher..These results, together with our previous study and others, suggest that MK2, in HPMECs, regulates TNF-?-induced expression of ICAM-1 and IL-8 via TTP at the mRNA decay level. ..
- Skov L, Beurskens F, Zachariae C, Reitamo S, Teeling J, Satijn D, et al. IL-8 as antibody therapeutic target in inflammatory diseases: reduction of clinical activity in palmoplantar pustulosis. J Immunol. 2008;181:669-79 pubmed..HuMab 10F8 is capable of interrupting IL-8 activity in vivo and represents a candidate for treatment of inflammatory diseases and other pathological conditions associated with IL-8 overproduction. ..
- Van Damme J, Van Beeumen J, Conings R, Decock B, Billiau A. Purification of granulocyte chemotactic peptide/interleukin-8 reveals N-terminal sequence heterogeneity similar to that of beta-thromboglobulin. Eur J Biochem. 1989;181:337-44 pubmed..GCP/IL-8 was found to be chemotactic for granulocytes with a specific activity of 10(5) units/mg, whereas none of the beta-thromboglobulin species possessed detectable chemotactic activity. ..
- Kis Z, Sas K, Gyulai Z, Treso B, Petrovay F, Kapusinszky B, et al. Chronic infections and genetic factors in the development of ischemic stroke. New Microbiol. 2007;30:213-20 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that certain pathogens are involved in the development of ischemic stroke...
- Kamohara H, Takahashi M, Ishiko T, Ogawa M, Baba H. Induction of interleukin-8 (CXCL-8) by tumor necrosis factor-alpha and leukemia inhibitory factor in pancreatic carcinoma cells: Impact of CXCL-8 as an autocrine growth factor. Int J Oncol. 2007;31:627-32 pubmed..These results suggest that CXCL-8 plays a pivotal role in progression of pancreatic cancer, and its expression is influenced by inflammatory cytokines in pancreatic tumor microenvironment. ..
- De Larco J, Wuertz B, Furcht L. The potential role of neutrophils in promoting the metastatic phenotype of tumors releasing interleukin-8. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:4895-900 pubmed..Possible targets are also presented for the development of therapies to attenuate the effects of the ectopic IL-8 release by tumor cells. ..
- Girard S, Shalhoub P, Lescure P, Sabile A, Misek D, Hanash S, et al. An altered cellular response to interferon and up-regulation of interleukin-8 induced by the hepatitis C viral protein NS5A uncovered by microarray analysis. Virology. 2002;295:272-83 pubmed..Our findings provide a mechanism for NS5A-mediated interferon resistance. ..
- Rovin B, Lu L, Zhang X. A novel interleukin-8 polymorphism is associated with severe systemic lupus erythematosus nephritis. Kidney Int. 2002;62:261-5 pubmed..Genotyping patients with glomerulonephritis for IL-8 polymorphisms may be useful in predicting disease outcome and individualizing immunosuppressive therapy. ..
- Taguchi A, Ohmiya N, Shirai K, Mabuchi N, Itoh A, Hirooka Y, et al. Interleukin-8 promoter polymorphism increases the risk of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer in Japan. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:2487-93 pubmed..In conclusion, we showed that the IL-8 -251 T > A polymorphism is associated with higher expression of IL-8 protein, more severe neutrophil infiltration, and increased risk of atrophic gastritis and gastric cancer. ..
- Huang Q, Wang C, Qiu L, Shao F, Yu J. IL-8-251A>T polymorphism is associated with breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1147-50 pubmed publisher..692; 95%CI = 0.566-0.861). This meta-analysis suggests the IL-8-251A/T polymorphism is associated with breast cancer risk. ..
- Hebert C, Luscinskas F, Kiely J, Luis E, Darbonne W, Bennett G, et al. Endothelial and leukocyte forms of IL-8. Conversion by thrombin and interactions with neutrophils. J Immunol. 1990;145:3033-40 pubmed..In the case of inflamed endothelial cells this activation could be mediated by thrombin generated in the procoagulant environment associated with these cells. ..
- Hillian A, Londono D, Dunn J, Goddard K, Pace R, Knowles M, et al. Modulation of cystic fibrosis lung disease by variants in interleukin-8. Genes Immun. 2008;9:501-8 pubmed publisher..in three inflammatory genes showed significant genotypic associations with CF lung disease severity, including IL8 and previously reported TGFbeta1 (P< or =0.05)...
- Soloff M, Cook D, Jeng Y, Anderson G. In situ analysis of interleukin-1-induced transcription of cox-2 and il-8 in cultured human myometrial cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1248-54 pubmed..Chromatin immunoprecipitation thus provides critical insight into the mechanisms of COX-2 and IL-8 expression in human myometrial cells. ..
- Canedo P, Castanheira Vale A, Lunet N, Pereira F, Figueiredo C, Gioia Patricola L, et al. The interleukin-8-251*T/*A polymorphism is not associated with risk for gastric carcinoma development in a Portuguese population. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2008;17:28-32 pubmed..693 controls, 187 chronic gastritis cases and 333 gastric carcinoma cases, to determine the association between the IL8-251 polymorphism and risk of chronic gastritis and gastric carcinoma in the northern Portugal population...
- Liu L, Zhuang W, Wang C, Chen Z, Wu X, Zhou Y. Interleukin-8 -251 A/T gene polymorphism and gastric cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis of epidemiological studies. Cytokine. 2010;50:328-34 pubmed publisher..pylori infection and ethnicity/country. More well-designed studies based on larger population are needed to confirm our results and further evaluate the association between IL-8 -251 A/T gene polymorphism and gastric cancer. ..
- De Larco J, Wuertz B, Yee D, Rickert B, Furcht L. Atypical methylation of the interleukin-8 gene correlates strongly with the metastatic potential of breast carcinoma cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13988-93 pubmed
- Weiss N, Deboux C, Chaverot N, Miller F, Baron van Evercooren A, Couraud P, et al. IL8 and CXCL13 are potent chemokines for the recruitment of human neural precursor cells across brain endothelial cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;223:131-4 pubmed publisher..Here we show that human NPCs express receptors of the chemokines IL8 and CXCL13 (CXCR1 and CXCR5, respectively) and migrate across brain endothelial cells in vitro, in response to ..
- Goverdhan S, Ennis S, Hannan S, Madhusudhana K, Cree A, Luff A, et al. Interleukin-8 promoter polymorphism -251A/T is a risk factor for age-related macular degeneration. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008;92:537-40 pubmed publisher..478 cases with AMD and 555 normal controls was genotyped for the pro-inflammatory IL1beta -511C/T, IL6 -174C/G, IL8 -251A/T and anti-inflammatory IL10 -1082G/A cytokine polymorphisms using the 5' nuclease TaqMan(R) assay for ..
- Crohns M, Saarelainen S, Laine S, Poussa T, Alho H, Kellokumpu Lehtinen P. Cytokines in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and serum of lung cancer patients during radiotherapy - Association of interleukin-8 and VEGF with survival. Cytokine. 2010;50:30-6 pubmed publisher..The increase of BAL fluid IL-6 during RT might be attributed to enhanced RT-related oxidative stress or increased cell death. Serum and BAL fluid IL-8 and serum VEGF might have a prognostic role in survival of lung cancer. ..
- Kaur M, Singh D. Neutrophil chemotaxis caused by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease alveolar macrophages: the role of CXCL8 and the receptors CXCR1/CXCR2. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;347:173-80 pubmed publisher..Corticosteroids do not inhibit chemotaxis caused by macrophage-derived chemokines. ..
- Talavera D, Castillo A, Dominguez M, Gutierrez A, Meza I. IL8 release, tight junction and cytoskeleton dynamic reorganization conducive to permeability increase are induced by dengue virus infection of microvascular endothelial monolayers. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:1801-13 pubmed..Neutralizing antibodies against IL8 partially inhibited the changes produced by the culture medium as well as those induced by addition of IL8...
- Wu S, Shang H, Cui L, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Li Y, et al. Targeted blockade of interleukin-8 abrogates its promotion of cervical cancer growth and metastasis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;375:69-79 pubmed publisher..Blockade of IL-8 with an antibody demonstrated significant anti-tumor effects in a xenograft model and may thus provide a potential alternative approach for the treatment of cervical cancer. ..
- Song J, Kim S, Jung S, Lee M, Jung H, Song I. The interleukin-8-251 AA genotype is associated with angiogenesis in gastric carcinogenesis in Helicobacter pylori-infected Koreans. Cytokine. 2010;51:158-65 pubmed publisher..01). However, there was no significant correlation between VEGF and disease progression in AA genotype. In conclusion, IL-8-251 AA genotype may be associated with angiogenesis in gastric carcinogenesis in H. pylori-infected Koreans. ..
- Lai Y, Shen Y, Liu X, Zhang Y, Zeng Y, Liu Y. Interleukin-8 induces the endothelial cell migration through the activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase-Rac1/RhoA pathway. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:782-91 pubmed
- Mirandola P, Gobbi G, Micheloni C, Vaccarezza M, Di Marcantonio D, Ruscitti F, et al. Hydrogen sulfide inhibits IL-8 expression in human keratinocytes via MAP kinase signaling. Lab Invest. 2011;91:1188-94 pubmed publisher..These observations, together with the known anti-inflammatory activity of H?S, are relevant to understanding some previously unexplained biological effects exerted by sulfur therapy. ..
- Li J, Bentsman G, Potash M, Volsky D. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 efficiently binds to human fetal astrocytes and induces neuroinflammatory responses independent of infection. BMC Neurosci. 2007;8:31 pubmed..Astrocytes respond to HIV-1 binding by rapidly increased cytokine production suggesting a role of this virus-brain cell interaction in HIV-1 neuropathogenesis. ..
- Kang J, Kim N, Lee D, Park J, Lee M, Kim J, et al. The effects of genetic polymorphisms of IL-6, IL-8, and IL-10 on Helicobacter pylori-induced gastroduodenal diseases in Korea. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2009;43:420-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the genetic polymorphisms of these 3 inflammation-related cytokines, IL-10, IL-8, and IL-6, are associated with the development of H. pylori-associated gastroduodenal disease. ..
- Ye B, Kim S, Park J, Kim J, Jung H, Song I. The interleukin-8-251 A allele is associated with increased risk of noncardia gastric adenocarcinoma in Helicobacter pylori-infected Koreans. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2009;43:233-9 pubmed publisher..pylori-infected hosts. The IL-8-251 A allele may also increase the risk of gastric adenocarcinoma through an enhanced inflammatory process in H. pylori-infected Koreans. ..
- Shah A, Kumar A. HIV-1 gp120-mediated increases in IL-8 production in astrocytes are mediated through the NF-?B pathway and can be silenced by gp120-specific siRNA. J Neuroinflammation. 2010;7:96 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon is specific and is mediated by the NF-?B pathway. ..
- Yeh M, Gharavi N, Choi J, Hsieh X, Reed E, Mouillesseaux K, et al. Oxidized phospholipids increase interleukin 8 (IL-8) synthesis by activation of the c-src/signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT)3 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30175-81 pubmed..induce endothelial cells to synthesize chemotactic factors, such as interleukin 8 (IL-8)...
- Boldrini L, Gisfredi S, Ursino S, Lucchi M, Mussi A, Basolo F, et al. Interleukin-8 in non-small cell lung carcinoma: relation with angiogenic pattern and p53 alterations. Lung Cancer. 2005;50:309-17 pubmed..However, in our samples IL-8 levels did not significantly affect prognosis of NSCLC; more studies are required to elucidate the precise role of IL-8 in a large series of patients with non-small cell lung carcinoma. ..
- Clore G, Appella E, Yamada M, Matsushima K, Gronenborn A. Three-dimensional structure of interleukin 8 in solution. Biochemistry. 1990;29:1689-96 pubmedThe solution structure of the interleukin 8 (IL-8) dimer has been solved by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy and hybrid distance geometry-dynamical simulated annealing calculations...
- Xue H, Liu J, Lin B, Wang Z, Sun J, Huang G. A meta-analysis of interleukin-8 -251 promoter polymorphism associated with gastric cancer risk. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e28083 pubmed publisherPotential functional allele A/T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) of Interleukin 8 (IL-8) promoter -251 has been implicated in gastric cancer risk...
- Xiong H, Boyle J, Winkelbauer M, Gorantla S, Zheng J, Ghorpade A, et al. Inhibition of long-term potentiation by interleukin-8: implications for human immunodeficiency virus-1-associated dementia. J Neurosci Res. 2003;71:600-7 pubmed..The induction of IL-8 in HAD, its inhibition of LTP, and the expression of its receptor, CXCR2, in the hippocampus all suggest that it plays a role in the cognitive dysfunction associated with HAD. ..
- Ryu J, Kang J, Jung S, Shin M, Kim J, Park H, et al. Production of interleukin-8 by human neutrophils stimulated with Trichomonas vaginalis. Infect Immun. 2004;72:1326-32 pubmed..In other words, T. vaginalis-induced neutrophil recruitment may be mediated via the IL-8 expressed by neutrophils in response to activation by live T. vaginalis. ..
- Ma X, Reich R, Wright J, Tooker H, Teeter L, Musser J, et al. Association between interleukin-8 gene alleles and human susceptibility to tuberculosis disease. J Infect Dis. 2003;188:349-55 pubmed..02). CXCR-1 and CXCR-2 did not demonstrate significant associations with TB susceptibility. These data suggest that IL-8 is important in the genetic control of human TB susceptibility. ..
- Tekpli X, Landvik N, Anmarkud K, Skaug V, Haugen A, Zienolddiny S. DNA methylation at promoter regions of interleukin 1B, interleukin 6, and interleukin 8 in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013;62:337-45 pubmed publisher..We found an inverse correlation between DNA methylation of IL1B, IL6, and IL8 gene promoters and their corresponding mRNA levels, such inverse correlation was more significant for IL1B (i.e...
- Walz A, Peveri P, Aschauer H, Baggiolini M. Purification and amino acid sequencing of NAF, a novel neutrophil-activating factor produced by monocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1987;149:755-61 pubmed..for 24 h in the presence of LPS (100 ng per 5 x 10(6) cells), and a monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor (NAF) was purified to apparent homogeneity from the conditioned media...
- McGovern T, Risse P, Tsuchiya K, Hassan M, Frigola G, Martin J. LTD? induces HB-EGF-dependent CXCL8 release through EGFR activation in human bronchial epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;299:L808-15 pubmed publisher..These effects may contribute to epithelial-mediated airway remodeling in asthma and other conditions associated with cysteinyl leukotriene release. ..
- Kamali Sarvestani E, Bazargani A, Masoudian M, Lankarani K, Taghavi A, Saberifiroozi M. Association of H pylori cagA and vacA genotypes and IL-8 gene polymorphisms with clinical outcome of infection in Iranian patients with gastrointestinal diseases. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:5205-10 pubmed..47; P = 0.005). The IL-8 -251 A/T polymorphism and the polymorphisms in H pylori vacA gene are involved in limiting the infection outcome to gastritis and peptic ulcer or in favoring cancer onset in Iranian patients. ..
- Raymond B, Batsche E, Boutillon F, Wu Y, Leduc D, Balloy V, et al. Anthrax lethal toxin impairs IL-8 expression in epithelial cells through inhibition of histone H3 modification. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000359 pubmed publisher..This epigenetic reprogramming, in addition to previously reported effects of LT, may represent an efficient strategy used by B. anthracis for invading the host. ..
- Ashutosh -, Kou W, Cotter R, Borgmann K, Wu L, Persidsky R, et al. CXCL8 protects human neurons from amyloid-?-induced neurotoxicity: relevance to Alzheimer's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412:565-71 pubmed publisher..Further, CXCL8 protects neurons possibly by paracrine or autocrine loop and regulates neuronal functions, therefore, may play a protective role in the AD pathogenesis. ..
- Boekholdt S, Peters R, Hack C, Day N, Luben R, Bingham S, et al. IL-8 plasma concentrations and the risk of future coronary artery disease in apparently healthy men and women: the EPIC-Norfolk prospective population study. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1503-8 pubmed..21 to 2.60; P=0.001). We conclude that among apparently healthy men and women, elevated levels of IL-8 are associated with an increased risk of future CAD. These prospective data support a role for IL-8 in the development of CAD events. ..
- Hoberg J, Yeung F, Mayo M. SMRT derepression by the IkappaB kinase alpha: a prerequisite to NF-kappaB transcription and survival. Mol Cell. 2004;16:245-55 pubmed..Our work provides evidence that IKKalpha orchestrates SMRT derepression, a prerequisite for NF-kappaB transcription and survival. ..
- Yao C, Lin Y, Chua M, Ye C, Bi J, Li W, et al. Interleukin-8 modulates growth and invasiveness of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1949-57 pubmed
- Araki S, Omori Y, Lyn D, Singh R, Meinbach D, Sandman Y, et al. Interleukin-8 is a molecular determinant of androgen independence and progression in prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6854-62 pubmed..We stably transfected LNCaP and LAPC-4 cells with IL-8 cDNA and selected IL-8-secreting (IL8-S) transfectants...
- Crusius J, Canzian F, Capella G, Pena A, Pera G, Sala N, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms and the risk of adenocarcinoma of the stomach in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC-EURGAST). Ann Oncol. 2008;19:1894-902 pubmed publisher..Twenty common polymorphisms at cytokine genes [interleukin (IL)1A, IL1B, IL1RN, IL4, IL4R, IL6, IL8, IL10, IL12A, IL12B, lymphotoxin alpha and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)] were analyzed...
- Koch A, Polverini P, Kunkel S, Harlow L, DiPietro L, Elner V, et al. Interleukin-8 as a macrophage-derived mediator of angiogenesis. Science. 1992;258:1798-801 pubmed..These data suggest a function for macrophage-derived IL-8 in angiogenesis-dependent disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, tumor growth, and wound repair. ..
- Yang H, Woodson K, Taylor P, Pietinen P, Albanes D, Virtamo J, et al. Genetic variation in interleukin 8 and its receptor genes and its influence on the risk and prognosis of prostate cancer among Finnish men in a large cancer prevention trial. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2006;15:249-53 pubmedThe cytokine interleukin 8 (IL-8) may play a role in the pathogenesis of prostate cancer through the modulation of tumour immune response or enhanced angiogenesis...
- Krzystek Korpacka M, Matusiewicz M, Diakowska D, Grabowski K, Blachut K, Kustrzeba Wojcicka I, et al. Impact of weight loss on circulating IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, TNF-alpha, VEGF-A, VEGF-C and midkine in gastroesophageal cancer patients. Clin Biochem. 2007;40:1353-60 pubmed..IL-6 and IL-8, and probably midkine and VEGF-A, appear to participate in the development of cancer-related cachexia in gastroesophageal malignancies, although a detailed mechanism underlying cytokine involvement needs to be elucidated. ..
- Hwang Y, Lee S, Park K, Chung W. Secretion of IL-6 and IL-8 from lysophosphatidic acid-stimulated oral squamous cell carcinoma promotes osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption. Oral Oncol. 2012;48:40-8 pubmed publisher..LPA-induced IL-6 and IL-8 exerted propound effects on RANKL expression in osteoblast and thereby promoted osteoclast formation from osteoclast precursors. ..
- Saatian B, Zhao Y, He D, Georas S, Watkins T, Spannhake E, et al. Transcriptional regulation of lysophosphatidic acid-induced interleukin-8 expression and secretion by p38 MAPK and JNK in human bronchial epithelial cells. Biochem J. 2006;393:657-68 pubmed..These results show an independent role for p38 MAPK and JNK in LPA-induced IL-8 expression and secretion via NF-kappaB and AP-1 transcription respectively in HBEpCs. ..
- Shirai K, Ohmiya N, Taguchi A, Mabuchi N, Yatsuya H, Itoh A, et al. Interleukin-8 gene polymorphism associated with susceptibility to non-cardia gastric carcinoma with microsatellite instability. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:1129-35 pubmed..Recently, cytokine polymorphisms have been reported to affect the development of non-cardia GC. The objective of this study was to elucidate the relationship between cytokine polymorphisms and MSI phenotypes...
- Ahuja S, Murphy P. The CXC chemokines growth-regulated oncogene (GRO) alpha, GRObeta, GROgamma, neutrophil-activating peptide-2, and epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide-78 are potent agonists for the type B, but not the type A, human interleukin-8 rec. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20545-50 pubmed..These findings have important implications for developing novel neutrophil-specific anti-inflammatory drugs directed against the CXC chemokine signaling system. ..
- Sparmann A, Bar Sagi D. Ras-induced interleukin-8 expression plays a critical role in tumor growth and angiogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2004;6:447-58 pubmed..Collectively, our data identify a novel mechanism by which the Ras oncogene can elicit a stromal response that fosters cancer progression. ..
- Arinir U, Klein W, Rohde G, Stemmler S, Epplen J, Schultze Werninghaus G. Polymorphisms in the interleukin-8 gene in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Electrophoresis. 2005;26:2888-91 pubmed..Although IL-8 plays an important role in the chemotaxis of inflammatory cells, the polymorphisms investigated here do not seem to be involved in the genetic predisposition to COPD. ..
- Nasser M, Raghuwanshi S, Grant D, Jala V, Rajarathnam K, Richardson R. Differential activation and regulation of CXCR1 and CXCR2 by CXCL8 monomer and dimer. J Immunol. 2009;183:3425-32 pubmed publisher..These distinct properties of the ligand and the receptors play a critical role in orchestrating neutrophil recruitment and eliciting cytotoxic activity during an inflammatory response. ..
- Boshoff C, Endo Y, Collins P, Takeuchi Y, Reeves J, Schweickart V, et al. Angiogenic and HIV-inhibitory functions of KSHV-encoded chemokines. Science. 1997;278:290-4 pubmed..vMIP-I and vMIP-II, but not cellular MIP-1alpha or RANTES, were highly angiogenic in the chorioallantoic assay, suggesting a possible pathogenic role in Kaposi's sarcoma. ..
- Emadi S, Clay D, Desterke C, Guerton B, Maquarre E, Charpentier A, et al. IL-8 and its CXCR1 and CXCR2 receptors participate in the control of megakaryocytic proliferation, differentiation, and ploidy in myeloid metaplasia with myelofibrosis. Blood. 2005;105:464-73 pubmed..The various biologic activities of interleukin 8 (IL-8) in hematopoietic progenitor proliferation and mobilization as well as in neoangiogenesis prompted us to ..
- Muthumani K, Kudchodkar S, Papasavvas E, Montaner L, Weiner D, Ayyavoo V. HIV-1 Vpr regulates expression of beta chemokines in human primary lymphocytes and macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 2000;68:366-72 pubmed..These results suggest that a Vpr-mediated increase in virus replication could be in part through down-regulation of chemokine production. ..
- Li A, Dubey S, Varney M, Singh R. Interleukin-8-induced proliferation, survival, and MMP production in CXCR1 and CXCR2 expressing human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Microvasc Res. 2002;64:476-81 pubmed
- Yamaoka Y, Kudo T, Lu H, Casola A, Brasier A, Graham D. Role of interferon-stimulated responsive element-like element in interleukin-8 promoter in Helicobacter pylori infection. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:1030-43 pubmed..The mucosal inflammatory response to H. pylori infection is complex and involves different pathways converging on the IL-8 promoter. ..
- Matsushima K, Morishita K, Yoshimura T, Lavu S, Kobayashi Y, Lew W, et al. Molecular cloning of a human monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor (MDNCF) and the induction of MDNCF mRNA by interleukin 1 and tumor necrosis factor. J Exp Med. 1988;167:1883-93 pubmedThe cDNA coding for human monocyte-derived neutrophil-specific chemotactic factor (MDNCF) was cloned from LPS-stimulated human monocyte mRNA...
- Gregory H, Young J, Schroder J, Mrowietz U, Christophers E. Structure determination of a human lymphocyte derived neutrophil activating peptide (LYNAP). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;151:883-90 pubmedPhytohemagglutinin or Concanavalin A-stimulated human T-lymphocytes produce a factor (LYNAP) with potent chemotactic and enzyme degranulating activity in peripheral human neutrophils...
- Ross O, O neill C, Rea I, Lynch T, Gosal D, Wallace A, et al. Functional promoter region polymorphism of the proinflammatory chemokine IL-8 gene associates with Parkinson's disease in the Irish. Hum Immunol. 2004;65:340-6 pubmed
- Hull J, Thomson A, Kwiatkowski D. Association of respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis with the interleukin 8 gene region in UK families. Thorax. 2000;55:1023-7 pubmed..The pathological features include neutrophil infiltration and high levels of interleukin 8 (IL-8), a potent neutrophil chemoattractant...
- Dias I, Marshall L, Lambert P, Chapple I, Matthews J, Griffiths H. Gingipains from Porphyromonas gingivalis increase the chemotactic and respiratory burst-priming properties of the 77-amino-acid interleukin-8 variant. Infect Immun. 2008;76:317-23 pubmed..During periodontitis, secreted gingipains may differentially affect neutrophil chemotaxis and activation in response to IL-8 according to the cellular source of the chemokine. ..
- Baggiolini M, Clark Lewis I. Interleukin-8, a chemotactic and inflammatory cytokine. FEBS Lett. 1992;307:97-101 pubmed..IL-8 and the related cytokines are produced in several tissues upon infection, inflammation, ischemia, trauma etc., and are thought to be the main cause of local neutrophil accumulation. ..
- Dobreva I, Waeber G, James R, Widmann C. Interleukin-8 secretion by fibroblasts induced by low density lipoproteins is p38 MAPK-dependent and leads to cell spreading and wound closure. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:199-205 pubmed..Regulation of fibroblast shape and migration by lipoproteins may be relevant to atherosclerosis that is characterized by increased LDL cholesterol levels, IL-8 production, and extensive remodeling of the vessel wall. ..
- Lee H, Eom H, Yun T, Kim H, Park W, Nam B, et al. Serum and urine levels of interleukin-8 in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Cytokine. 2008;43:71-5 pubmed publisher..07). This study indicated that urine IL-8/Cr levels might be useful as a diagnostic marker of NHL. ..
- Maheshwari A, Voitenok N, Akalovich S, Shaik S, Randolph D, Sims B, et al. Developmental changes in circulating IL-8/CXCL8 isoforms in neonates. Cytokine. 2009;46:12-6 pubmed publisher..Developmental changes in IL-8 isoforms may serve to minimize its inflammatory effects in the fetus and also provide a mechanism to restore its full activity after birth. ..
- Bo S, Dianliang Z, Hongmei Z, Xinxiang W, Yanbing Z, Xiaobo L. Association of interleukin-8 gene polymorphism with cachexia from patients with gastric cancer. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2010;30:9-14 pubmed publisher..69; 95% CI: 1.08-2.62; P = 0.022). These results suggest that the genetic polymorphisms of proinflammatory cytokine IL-8 may contribute to the pathogenesis of cachexia in gastric cancer patients. ..
- Ryan K, Smith M, Sanders M, Ernst P. Reactive oxygen and nitrogen species differentially regulate Toll-like receptor 4-mediated activation of NF-kappa B and interleukin-8 expression. Infect Immun. 2004;72:2123-30 pubmed..These data provide evidence that ROS regulate immune signaling through TLR4 via their effects on NF-kappa B activation. ..
- Loos T, Opdenakker G, Van Damme J, Proost P. Citrullination of CXCL8 increases this chemokine's ability to mobilize neutrophils into the blood circulation. Haematologica. 2009;94:1346-53 pubmed publisher..These data show that citrullination of CXCL8 enhances leukocytosis, possibly through impaired chemokine clearance from the blood circulation and prolonged presentation to the bone marrow. ..
- Mahieux R, Lambert P, Agbottah E, Halanski M, Deng L, Kashanchi F, et al. Cell cycle regulation of human interleukin-8 gene expression by the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat protein. J Virol. 2001;75:1736-43 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the presence of the proteasome inhibitor MG-132 inhibits the induction of NF-kappa B binding, as well as IL-8 expression, supporting the role of NF-kappa B. ..
- McCarron S, Edwards S, Evans P, Gibbs R, Dearnaley D, Dowe A, et al. Influence of cytokine gene polymorphisms on the development of prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3369-72 pubmed..05). These results suggest that single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with differential production of IL-8, IL-10, and VEGF are risk factors for PC, possibly acting via their influence on angiogenesis. ..