Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL-10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: CSIF, GVHDS, IL-10, IL10A, TGIF, interleukin-10, T-cell growth inhibitory factor, cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor
Publications457 found, 100 shown here
- Bermudez Morales V, Gutierrez L, Alcocer Gonzalez J, Burguete A, Madrid Marina V. Correlation between IL-10 gene expression and HPV infection in cervical cancer: a mechanism for immune response escape. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:1037-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a clear relationship between IL-10, HPV and the stage of cervical cancer disease; this event could contribute to the immunosuppressive micro-environment in the tumor site. ..
- Heo Y, Joo Y, Oh H, Park M, Heo Y, Cho M, et al. IL-10 suppresses Th17 cells and promotes regulatory T cells in the CD4+ T cell population of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Immunol Lett. 2010;127:150-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that IL-17 is overexpressed in autoimmune disease patients and that IL-10 suppresses IL-17 expression. IL-10 may be useful in the treatment of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Hussein Y, Shalaby S, Mohamed R, Hassan T. Association between genes encoding components of the IL-10/IL-0 receptor pathway and asthma in children. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2011;106:474-80 pubmed publisher..9). No evidence of gene interactions was found. Polymorphisms of IL-10 and STAT3 may be useful as a new DNA-based diagnostic biomarker for identifying high-risk children susceptible to asthma. ..
- Cartwright N, Keen L, Demaine A, Hurlock N, McGonigle R, Rowe P, et al. A study of cytokine gene polymorphisms and protein secretion in renal transplantation. Transpl Immunol. 2001;8:237-44 pubmed..In addition, no correlation was demonstrated between cytokine gene polymorphisms and renal allograft rejection. ..
- Pyo C, Hur S, Kim Y, Choi H, Hong Y, Kim D, et al. Polymorphisms of IL-1B, IL-1RN, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10, and IFN-gamma genes in the Korean population. Hum Immunol. 2003;64:979-89 pubmed..These results may be helpful for understanding transplant-related complications, immune or autoimmune diseases, and malignant diseases in the Korean population. ..
- Bocchio Chiavetto L, Boin F, Zanardini R, Popoli M, Michelato A, Bignotti S, et al. Association between promoter polymorphic haplotypes of interleukin-10 gene and schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2002;51:480-4 pubmed..Increased concentrations of interleukin 10 (IL-10) have been found in plasma of schizophrenic patients, suggesting its potential role as a candidate gene ..
- Shin H, Park B, Kim L, Jung J, Kim J, Yoon J, et al. Interleukin 10 haplotype associated with increased risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:901-6 pubmedb>Interleukin 10 (IL10) is a powerful Th-2 cell cytokine produced by lymphoid cells that exerts its functions by inhibiting macrophage/monocyte and T-cell lymphocyte replication and secretion of inflammatory cytokines (IL1, TNFA, TGFB, IL6, ..
- Koch W, Tiroch K, von Beckerath N, Schomig A, Kastrati A. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, lymphotoxin-alpha, and interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms and restenosis after coronary artery stenting. Cytokine. 2003;24:161-71 pubmed..In conclusion, functionally relevant polymorphisms of the genes for TNF-alpha, LT-alpha, and IL-10 do not represent genetic markers indicating the risk of restenosis, death, or MI after coronary stenting. ..
- Mocellin S, Panelli M, Wang E, Rossi C, Pilati P, Nitti D, et al. IL-10 stimulatory effects on human NK cells explored by gene profile analysis. Genes Immun. 2004;5:621-30 pubmed
- Brustoski K, Moller U, Kramer M, Petelski A, Brenner S, Palmer D, et al. IFN-gamma and IL-10 mediate parasite-specific immune responses of cord blood cells induced by pregnancy-associated Plasmodium falciparum malaria. J Immunol. 2005;174:1738-45 pubmed
- Peek E, Richards D, Faith A, Lavender P, Lee T, Corrigan C, et al. Interleukin-10-secreting "regulatory" T cells induced by glucocorticoids and beta2-agonists. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:105-11 pubmed..Thus fluticasone proprionate and salmeterol increased IL-10 and reduced Th2 cytokine synthesis additively in allergen stimulated human CD4+ T cells. ..
- Chin H, Na K, Kim S, Oh K, Kim Y, Lim C, et al. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism is associated with the predisposition to the development of IgA nephropathy and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in Korea. J Korean Med Sci. 2005;20:989-93 pubmed..Our findings suggested that IL-10 promoter polymorphism predisposed to the development of IgAN and FSGS in Korean patients. ..
- Lopez P, Gómez J, Prado C, Gutierrez C, Suarez A. Influence of functional interleukin 10/tumor necrosis factor-alpha polymorphisms on interferon-alpha, IL-10, and regulatory T cell population in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus receiving antimalarial treatment. J Rheumatol. 2008;35:1559-66 pubmedAs interleukin 10 (IL-10)/tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) polymorphisms have been shown to influence TNF-alpha inhibition and clinical response to antimalarial treatment in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), we ..
- van der Pol W, Huizinga T, Vidarsson G, van der Linden M, Jansen M, Keijsers V, et al. Relevance of Fcgamma receptor and interleukin-10 polymorphisms for meningococcal disease. J Infect Dis. 2001;184:1548-55 pubmed..01). These data provide further evidence for the association of polymorphic genes on chromosome 1 and MD. ..
- Schröder O, Laun R, Held B, Ekkernkamp A, Schulte K. Association of interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism with the incidence of multiple organ dysfunction following major trauma: results of a prospective pilot study. Shock. 2004;21:306-10 pubmed..Further investigations in larger cohorts need to focus on the potential diagnostic and therapeutic options of this SNP. ..
- Rad R, Dossumbekova A, Neu B, Lang R, Bauer S, Saur D, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms influence mucosal cytokine expression, gastric inflammation, and host specific colonisation during Helicobacter pylori infection. Gut. 2004;53:1082-9 pubmed..These findings contribute to the understanding of the complex interplay between host and bacterial factors involved in the development of gastric pathology. ..
- Torisu Itakura H, Lee J, Huynh Y, Ye X, Essner R, Morton D. Monocyte-derived IL-10 expression predicts prognosis of stage IV melanoma patients. J Immunother. 2007;30:831-8 pubmed
- Ouma C, Davenport G, Were T, Otieno M, Hittner J, Vulule J, et al. Haplotypes of IL-10 promoter variants are associated with susceptibility to severe malarial anemia and functional changes in IL-10 production. Hum Genet. 2008;124:515-24 pubmed publisher..006). Results presented here demonstrate that common IL-10 promoter haplotypes condition susceptibility to SMA and functional changes in circulating IL-10, TNF-alpha, and IL-12 levels in children with falciparum malaria. ..
- Brockman M, Kwon D, Tighe D, Pavlik D, Rosato P, Sela J, et al. IL-10 is up-regulated in multiple cell types during viremic HIV infection and reversibly inhibits virus-specific T cells. Blood. 2009;114:346-56 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that multiple cell types contribute to IL-10-mediated immune suppression in the presence of uncontrolled HIV viremia. ..
- Kong F, Liu J, Liu Y, Song B, Wang H, Liu W. Association of interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms with breast cancer in a Chinese population. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:72 pubmed publisher..028) of breast cancer at the time of diagnosis compared with others. Our findings suggest that IL-10 promoter polymorphisms participate in the progression of breast cancer rather than in its initial development in Chinese Han women. ..
- Zhang L, Zhang T, Pan F, Zhang Z, Li X. Interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in association with susceptibility to chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a meta-analysis study. Arch Virol. 2010;155:1839-42 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggested that the IL-10 -1082GG genotype was associated with increased susceptibility for chronic HCV infection...
- Ben Ari Z, Mor E, Papo O, Kfir B, Sulkes J, Tambur A, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms in patients infected with hepatitis B virus. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003;98:144-50 pubmed..These findings suggest an association between the genetic ability to produce low levels of IFN-gamma and the susceptibility to develop chronic HBV infection. ..
- Kingo K, Rätsep R, Koks S, Karelson M, Silm H, Vasar E. Influence of genetic polymorphisms on interleukin-10 mRNA expression and psoriasis susceptibility. J Dermatol Sci. 2005;37:111-3 pubmed
- Chen T, Hsieh Y, Wu T, Yang S, Wu C, Tsay G, et al. Impact of serum levels and gene polymorphism of cytokines on chronic hepatitis C infection. Transl Res. 2007;150:116-21 pubmed..05). These data suggested the distribution of polymorphism at TNF-alpha G308A may be different between normal subjects and patients with chronic infection of hepatitis C. ..
- Ates O, Musellim B, Ongen G, Topal Sarikaya A. Association between 'interleukin' 10 gene (IL10) polymorphisms and systemic sclerosis with interstitial lung involvement. Rheumatol Int. 2008;28:1123-6 pubmed publisher..002, OR: 5.07, 95% CI: 1.82-14.21; Pc: <0.000, O.R: 4.00, 95% CI: 1.87-8.98, respectively) and SSc. Our findings suggest that IL-10 1082 G/A alleles or haplotypes containing these alleles may play role in SSc susceptibility. ..
- Kidd L, Brock G, VanCleave T, Benford M, Lavender N, Kruer T, et al. Angiogenesis-associated sequence variants relative to breast cancer recurrence and survival. Cancer Causes Control. 2010;21:1545-57 pubmed publisher..Because the VEGF(-2578)C allele is linked to high VEGF expression, this cytokine is a potential prognostic and targeted clinical management tool. ..
- Shin H, Park B, Kim L, Kim J, Kim J. Interleukin-10 haplotype associated with total serum IgE in atopic dermatitis patients. Allergy. 2005;60:1146-51 pubmed..The greater effects of IL10 ht on decreased total serum IgE levels suggest that the effect of IL-10 polymorphism might be the result of a combined genotype (ht) rather than single polymorphisms. ..
- Wang H, Xu J, Ji X, Yang X, Sun K, Liu X, et al. The abnormal apoptosis of T cell subsets and possible involvement of IL-10 in systemic lupus erythematosus. Cell Immunol. 2005;235:117-21 pubmed..The high percentage of apoptotic T cells in SLE patients may be related to the high levels of IL-10 in SLE serum, as IL-10 may induce the abnormally activated T cells to trigger apoptosis via the Fas-FasL pathway. ..
- Kaplan D, Ikeda F, Li Y, Nakamoto N, Ganesan S, Valiga M, et al. Peripheral virus-specific T-cell interleukin-10 responses develop early in acute hepatitis C infection and become dominant in chronic hepatitis. J Hepatol. 2008;48:903-13 pubmed publisher..HCV-specific IL-10 Tr1 responses may play a dual role in HCV infection, dampening effector T-cells to promote viral persistence in acute infection but also protecting against progressive fibrosis in chronic infection. ..
- Zhou Y, Hu W, Zhuang W, Wu X. Interleukin-10 -1082 promoter polymorphism and gastric cancer risk in a Chinese Han population. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;347:89-93 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the IL-10 -1082 promoter polymorphism may be associated with gastric cancer in Chinese Han patients, and that difference in genotype distribution may be associated with the location and stage of gastric cancer. ..
- Ben Selma W, Harizi H, Boukadida J. Association of TNF-? and IL-10 polymorphisms with tuberculosis in Tunisian populations. Microbes Infect. 2011;13:837-43 pubmed publisher..26, 95% CI, 0.1-0.62; Pc = 0.0028). Collectively, our results showed that analysed SNPs in the TNF-? and IL-10 gene polymorphisms play key role in susceptibility to or protection against TB development in Tunisian populations. ..
- Mozzato Chamay N, Mahdi O, Jallow O, Mabey D, Bailey R, Conway D. Polymorphisms in candidate genes and risk of scarring trachoma in a Chlamydia trachomatis--endemic population. J Infect Dis. 2000;182:1545-8 pubmed..2; P=.009). This single association is consistent with data indicating that the IL-10-1082G allele is associated with higher levels of IL-10 transcription and that Th2-type immune responses are associated with risk of chlamydial disease. ..
- Breen E, Boscardin W, Detels R, Jacobson L, Smith M, O Brien S, et al. Non-Hodgkin's B cell lymphoma in persons with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome is associated with increased serum levels of IL10, or the IL10 promoter -592 C/C genotype. Clin Immunol. 2003;109:119-29 pubmed..009), even when controlling for race (P = 0.006). These results suggest that elevated serum IL10 or the IL10 promoter -592 C/C genotype are associated with development of AIDS lymphoma. ..
- Bertinetto F, Dall Omo A, Mazzola G, Rendine S, Berrino M, Bertola L, et al. Role of non-HLA genetic polymorphisms in graft-versus-host disease after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Int J Immunogenet. 2006;33:375-84 pubmed..mHA and cytokines genotyping would thus seem a valid source of information for the prior identification of recipients with a higher risk of aGvHD. ..
- Hirankarn N, Wongpiyabovorn J, Hanvivatvong O, Netsawang J, Akkasilpa S, Wongchinsri J, et al. The synergistic effect of FC gamma receptor IIa and interleukin-10 genes on the risk to develop systemic lupus erythematosus in Thai population. Tissue Antigens. 2006;68:399-406 pubmed
- Gonullu G, Basturk B, Evrensel T, Oral B, Gozkaman A, Manavoglu O. Association of breast cancer and cytokine gene polymorphism in Turkish women. Saudi Med J. 2007;28:1728-33 pubmed..The presence of IL-10ACC/ATA haplotype may be protective for the oncogenesis of breast cancer. ..
- Wilkening S, Tavelin B, Canzian F, Enquist K, Palmqvist R, Altieri A, et al. Interleukin promoter polymorphisms and prognosis in colorectal cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:1202-6 pubmed publisher..The predicted biological effect of these SNPs in relation to promotion of cancer progression is consistent with the observed increased survival time. ..
- Park H, Kim D, Yun D, Ban J. Association between IL10, IL10RA, and IL10RB SNPs and ischemic stroke with hypertension in Korean population. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:1785-90 pubmed publisherThe pathogenesis of stroke is associated with the immune and inflammatory responses. Cytokines, such as interleukin 10 (IL10), play an important role in the process of inflammation...
- Netsawang J, Tangwattanachuleeporn M, Hirankarn N, Wongpiyabovorn J. The distribution of IL-10 promoter polymorphism in Thais. J Med Assoc Thai. 2004;87 Suppl 2:S117-22 pubmed..At least five haplotypes existed in an unrelated healthy Thai population as ACC, GCC, ATA, ATC, and ACA haplotypes. ..
- Li J, Lau A. A role for mitogen-activated protein kinase and Ets-1 in the induction of interleukin-10 transcription by human immunodeficiency virus-1 Tat. Immunology. 2007;121:337-48 pubmed..In conclusion, the coordinated activities of p38 MAPK and the transcription factors, Ets-1 and Sp-1, may play an important role in the HIV-1 Tat-induced IL-10 transcription. ..
- García Gonzalez M, Lanas A, Quintero E, Nicolas D, Parra Blanco A, Strunk M, et al. Gastric cancer susceptibility is not linked to pro-and anti-inflammatory cytokine gene polymorphisms in whites: a Nationwide Multicenter Study in Spain. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:1878-92 pubmed
- Combarros O, Sanchez Juan P, Riancho J, Mateo I, Rodriguez Rodriguez E, Infante J, et al. Aromatase and interleukin-10 genetic variants interactively modulate Alzheimer's disease risk. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2008;115:863-7 pubmed publisher..Subjects carrying both the aromatase (5 -UTR) GG and the IL-10 (-1082) GG genotypes had a six times lower risk of developing AD than subjects without these risk genotypes (OR = 0.17, 95% CI = 0.04-0.77, P = 0.02). ..
- Zdanov A, Schalk Hihi C, Wlodawer A. Crystal structure of human interleukin-10 at 1.6 A resolution and a model of a complex with its soluble receptor. Protein Sci. 1996;5:1955-62 pubmed..The contact region between the cytokine and each receptor shows excellent complementarity of polar and hydrophobic interactions, suggesting that the model is generally correct and should be useful in guiding mutagenesis experiments. ..
- Lin M, Storer B, Martin P, Tseng L, Gooley T, Chen P, et al. Relation of an interleukin-10 promoter polymorphism to graft-versus-host disease and survival after hematopoietic-cell transplantation. N Engl J Med. 2003;349:2201-10 pubmed..Among recipients of hematopoietic cells from an HLA-identical sibling, the IL10 -592A allele is a marker of a favorable outcome after transplantation. ..
- Yamazaki K, Tabeta K, Nakajima T, Ohsawa Y, Ueki K, Itoh H, et al. Interleukin-10 gene promoter polymorphism in Japanese patients with adult and early-onset periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2001;28:828-32 pubmed..IL-10 production may be regulated within the complex cytokine network in chronic inflammatory periodontal disease, rather than the gene polymorphisms. ..
- Gupta M, Han J, Stenson M, Maurer M, Wellik L, Hu G, et al. Elevated serum IL-10 levels in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a mechanism of aberrant JAK2 activation. Blood. 2012;119:2844-53 pubmed publisher..These results provide the rationale for testing JAK2 inhibitors in DLBCL patients, and indicate that serum IL-10 may be a biomarker to identify patients more likely to respond to JAK2-targeted therapy. ..
- Wu J, Bensen Kennedy D, Miura Y, Thoburn C, Armstrong D, Vogelsang G, et al. The effects of interleukin 10 and interferon gamma cytokine gene polymorphisms on survival after autologous bone marrow transplantation for patients with breast cancer. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2005;11:455-64 pubmed..Additional studies are necessary to further define the influence of IL-10 and IFN-gamma on the immune response after BMT. ..
- Moore K, de Waal Malefyt R, Coffman R, O GARRA A. Interleukin-10 and the interleukin-10 receptor. Annu Rev Immunol. 2001;19:683-765 pubmed..This review highlights findings that have advanced our understanding of IL-10 and its receptor, as well as its in vivo function in health and disease...
- Koch W, Kastrati A, Bottiger C, Mehilli J, von Beckerath N, Schomig A. Interleukin-10 and tumor necrosis factor gene polymorphisms and risk of coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction. Atherosclerosis. 2001;159:137-44 pubmed
- Burgess J, Fierro M, Lantz R, Hysong T, Fleming J, Gerkin R, et al. Longitudinal decline in lung function: evaluation of interleukin-10 genetic polymorphisms in firefighters. J Occup Environ Med. 2004;46:1013-22 pubmed..Evaluation of gene polymorphisms regulating lung inflammation may help to explain some of the variation in rate of decline in lung function in firefighters. ..
- Gong M, Thompson B, Williams P, Zhou W, Wang M, Pothier L, et al. Interleukin-10 polymorphism in position -1082 and acute respiratory distress syndrome. Eur Respir J. 2006;27:674-81 pubmed..Among those with acute respiratory distress syndrome, the -1082GG genotype is associated with lower mortality and organ failure. Further studies are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Wong J, Campbell G, Spector S. Differential induction of interleukin-10 in monocytes by HIV-1 clade B and clade C Tat proteins. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18319-25 pubmed publisher..These findings provide further evidence that HIV-1 clades differ in their biological properties that may impact HIV-1 pathogenesis and disease progression. ..
- Guarnizo Zuccardi P, Lopez Y, Giraldo M, Garcia N, Rodriguez L, Ramirez L, et al. Cytokine gene polymorphisms in Colombian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Tissue Antigens. 2007;70:376-82 pubmed..The TNFalpha-308A/TGFbeta1 25C genotype may be one component of genetic susceptibility to SLE in Colombian population. ..
- Kuningas M, May L, Tamm R, Van Bodegom D, van den Biggelaar A, Meij J, et al. Selection for genetic variation inducing pro-inflammatory responses under adverse environmental conditions in a Ghanaian population. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7795 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data lend strong arguments for the selection of pro-inflammatory host responses to overcome fatal infection and promote survival in adverse environments. ..
- Eskdale J, McNicholl J, Wordsworth P, Jonas B, Huizinga T, Field M, et al. Interleukin-10 microsatellite polymorphisms and IL-10 locus alleles in rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility. Lancet. 1998;352:1282-3 pubmed
- Luomala M, Lehtimaki T, Huhtala H, Ukkonen M, Koivula T, Hurme M, et al. Promoter polymorphism of IL-10 and severity of multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurol Scand. 2003;108:396-400 pubmed..010), the effect being increased over the years (10 years; OR=0.33, P=0.043, 15 years; OR=0.21, P=0.025 or 20 years; OR=0.14, P=0.026). Our results suggest that differential production of IL-10 might be a factor in the severity of MS. ..
- Endeman H, Meijvis S, Rijkers G, van Velzen Blad H, van Moorsel C, Grutters J, et al. Systemic cytokine response in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Eur Respir J. 2011;37:1431-8 pubmed publisher..IL-1RA, IL-6, IL-8 and IL-10 are acute phase proteins, independent of genotype. Their levels are influenced by the nature of the causative microorganism and the start of corticosteroids therapy. ..
- Oral H, Budak F, Uzaslan E, Basturk B, Bekar A, Akalin H, et al. Interleukin-10 (IL-10) gene polymorphism as a potential host susceptibility factor in tuberculosis. Cytokine. 2006;35:143-7 pubmed..To confirm the biological significance of our results, further studies should be performed on other population groups. ..
- Cataldo F, Lio D, Marino V, Scola L, Crivello A, Mulè A, et al. Cytokine genotyping (TNF and IL-10) in patients with celiac disease and selective IgA deficiency. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003;98:850-6 pubmed
- Urcelay E, Santiago J, de la Calle H, Martinez A, Figueredo A, Fernandez Arquero M, et al. Interleukin-10 polymorphisms in Spanish type 1 diabetes patients. Genes Immun. 2004;5:306-9 pubmed..Our results prove a minor role of IL-10 in the autoimmune diabetes risk, although we found the same association trend with IL-10G(*)12 allele as was previously observed for multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Kamali Sarvestani E, Kiany S, Gharesi Fard B, Robati M. Association study of IL-10 and IFN-gamma gene polymorphisms in Iranian women with preeclampsia. J Reprod Immunol. 2006;72:118-26 pubmed
- Lowe P, Galley H, Abdel Fattah A, Webster N. Influence of interleukin-10 polymorphisms on interleukin-10 expression and survival in critically ill patients. Crit Care Med. 2003;31:34-8 pubmed..Further investigations are required to determine the nature of the functionality and the potential diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of this marker. ..
- Yu Z, Liu Q, Huang C, Wu M, Li G. The interleukin 10 -819C/T polymorphism and cancer risk: a HuGE review and meta-analysis of 73 studies including 15,942 cases and 22,336 controls. OMICS. 2013;17:200-14 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present work was to perform a meta-analysis to evaluate the association between the interleukin 10 (IL-10) -819C/T (rs1800871) polymorphism and cancer risk...
- Sloan D, Jerome K. Herpes simplex virus remodels T-cell receptor signaling, resulting in p38-dependent selective synthesis of interleukin-10. J Virol. 2007;81:12504-14 pubmed..Selective, TCR-stimulated interleukin-10 synthesis may play an important role in HSV pathogenesis. ..
- D Alfonso S, Rampi M, Rolando V, Giordano M, Momigliano Richiardi P. New polymorphisms in the IL-10 promoter region. Genes Immun. 2000;1:231-3 pubmed..Highly significant pairwise linkage disequilibria were observed between alleles at most SNPs. Three major haplotypic combinations of alleles at multiple SNP sites were observed. ..
- Wu J, Wu T, Chen C, Ni Y, Chen H, Hsu H, et al. Serum levels of interleukin-10 and interleukin-12 predict early, spontaneous hepatitis B virus e antigen seroconversion. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:165-72.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Both genotypes are associated with early, spontaneous HBeAg seroconversion. Higher serum levels of IL-10 and IL-12 in HBeAg-positive patients are correlated with early, spontaneous HBeAg seroconversion. ..
- Hoebee B, Bont L, Rietveld E, van Oosten M, Hodemaekers H, Nagelkerke N, et al. Influence of promoter variants of interleukin-10, interleukin-9, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha genes on respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:239-47 pubmed..We also explored the interactions between different polymorphisms and found an interaction between the IL-4Ralpha Q551R and IL-10 C-592A polymorphisms. ..
- Movahedi M, Mahdaviani S, Rezaei N, Moradi B, Dorkhosh S, Amirzargar A. IL-10, TGF-beta, IL-2, IL-12, and IFN-gamma cytokine gene polymorphisms in asthma. J Asthma. 2008;45:790-4 pubmed publisher..Considering the high frequency of presence of IL-10 ATA haplotype and the IL-2 GT genotype, it seems that the production of IL-10 and IL-2 in the asthmatic patients could be lower than normal subjects. ..
- McCarron S, Edwards S, Evans P, Gibbs R, Dearnaley D, Dowe A, et al. Influence of cytokine gene polymorphisms on the development of prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3369-72 pubmed..05). These results suggest that single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with differential production of IL-8, IL-10, and VEGF are risk factors for PC, possibly acting via their influence on angiogenesis. ..
- VanCleave T, Moore J, Benford M, Brock G, Kalbfleisch T, Baumgartner R, et al. Interaction among variant vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptor in relation to prostate cancer risk. Prostate. 2010;70:341-52 pubmed publisher..Larger sub-population studies are needed to validate these findings and evaluate whether the VEGF-VEGR axis may serve as predictors of disease prognosis and ultimately clinical response to available treatment strategies. ..
- Wang J, Ni H, Chen L, Song W. Interleukin-10 promoter polymorphisms in patients with hepatitis B virus infection or hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese Han ethnic population. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2006;5:60-4 pubmed..The hotspot among the polymorphisms was inserting base A between -1058 and -1057. Polymorphisms of IL-10 promoter in HBV and HCC patients may be associated with HBV infection and HCC development. ..
- Andersen V, Egeberg R, Tjønneland A, Vogel U. Interaction between interleukin-10 (IL-10) polymorphisms and dietary fibre in relation to risk of colorectal cancer in a Danish case-cohort study. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:183 pubmed publisher..High intake of fibre seems to protect against CRC among individuals with IL10 related genetic susceptibility to CRC. This finding should be evaluated in other prospective and population-based cohorts with different ethnic groups. ..
- Van Grol J, Subauste C, Andrade R, Fujinaga K, Nelson J, Subauste C. HIV-1 inhibits autophagy in bystander macrophage/monocytic cells through Src-Akt and STAT3. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11733 pubmed publisher..The fact that pharmacologic manipulation of cell signaling restored autophagy in cells exposed to HIV-1-infected cells raises the possibility of therapeutic manipulation of cell signaling to restore autophagy in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Malavige G, Huang L, Salimi M, Gomes L, Jayaratne S, Ogg G. Cellular and cytokine correlates of severe dengue infection. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50387 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that serum IL-10, TNF? and TGF? differentially associate with dengue disease severity. ..
- Wilson J, Rockett K, Jallow M, Pinder M, Sisay Joof F, Newport M, et al. Analysis of IL10 haplotypic associations with severe malaria. Genes Immun. 2005;6:462-6 pubmed..These findings raise the question of whether IL10 associations with severe malaria might be confounded by foetal survival rates or other sources of transmission bias. ..
- Scarel Caminaga R, Trevilatto P, Souza A, Brito R, Camargo L, Line S. Interleukin 10 gene promoter polymorphisms are associated with chronic periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2004;31:443-8 pubmed..b>Interleukin 10 (IL10) is an anti-inflammatory cytokine whose genetic polymorphisms may influence the expression of the ..
- Kingo K, Mossner R, Koks S, Rätsep R, Kruger U, Vasar E, et al. Association analysis of IL19, IL20 and IL24 genes in palmoplantar pustulosis. Br J Dermatol. 2007;156:646-52 pubmed..However, due to the limited size of the study samples, this current concept should be considered as preliminary and the results need to be confirmed in future independent studies. ..
- Leghmari K, Bennasser Y, Tkaczuk J, Bahraoui E. HIV-1 Tat protein induces IL-10 production by an alternative TNF-alpha-independent pathway in monocytes: role of PKC-delta and p38 MAP kinase. Cell Immunol. 2008;253:45-53 pubmed publisher..In consequence, HIV-1 may escape immune surveillance and thus promote the establishment of an immunosuppressive state. ..
- Mirahmadian M, Kalantar F, Heidari G, Safdarian L, Mansouri R, Amirzargar A. Association of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-10 gene polymorphisms in Iranian patients with pre-eclampsia. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2008;60:179-85 pubmed publisher..These findings would support the concept of contribution of TNF-alpha and IL-10 gene polymorphisms in the pathogenesis of PE in our population. ..
- Sharma S, Stabila J, Pietras L, Singh A, McGonnigal B, Ernerudh J, et al. Haplotype-dependent differential activation of the human IL-10 gene promoter in macrophages and trophoblasts: implications for placental IL-10 deficiency and pregnancy complications. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2010;64:179-87 pubmed publisher..These responses may be further modulated by bacterial infections or other inflammatory conditions to suppress IL-10 production in human trophoblasts. ..
- Stein C, Zalwango S, Chiunda A, Millard C, Leontiev D, Horvath A, et al. Linkage and association analysis of candidate genes for TB and TNFalpha cytokine expression: evidence for association with IFNGR1, IL-10, and TNF receptor 1 genes. Hum Genet. 2007;121:663-73 pubmed..This study further illustrates the utility of such a model for disentangling complex traits. ..
- Pereira F, Pinheiro da Silva N, Rodart I, Carmo T, Lemaire D, Reis M. Association of TGF-beta1 codon 25 (G915C) polymorphism with hepatitis C virus infection. J Med Virol. 2008;80:58-64 pubmed..These findings suggest that TGF-beta1 codon 25 polymorphism could be a host genetic factor associated with susceptibility to HCV infection. ..