Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HTRA1
Description: HtrA serine peptidase 1
Alias: ARMD7, CADASIL2, CARASIL, HtrA, L56, ORF480, PRSS11, serine protease HTRA1, IGFBP5-protease, high-temperature requirement A serine peptidase 1, protease, serine, 11 (IGF binding)
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Safety and immune responses to attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar typhi oral live vector vaccines expressing tetanus toxin fragment CC O Tacket
Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Clin Immunol 97:146-53. 2000Attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi vaccine strain CVD 908-htrA was used as a vector to deliver fragment C of tetanus toxin as a single-dose oral tetanus vaccine candidate to elicit protective levels of serum tetanus antitoxin...
- Alleles in the HtrA serine peptidase 1 gene alter the risk of neovascular age-related macular degenerationMargaret M DeAngelis
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1209-1215.e7. 2008..domain-containing protein gene (PLEKHA1), hypothetical LOC387715/ARMS2 gene, and HtrA serine peptidase 1 gene (HTRA1) located on the long arm of chromosome 10 (10q26 region) confer risk for neovascular age-related macular ..
- Distribution of the serine protease HtrA1 in normal human tissuesAntonio De Luca
Department of Medicine and Public Health, Section of Clinical Anatomy, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Histochem Cytochem 51:1279-84. 2003The human HtrA family of proteases consists of three members: HtrA1, HtrA2, and HtrA3...
- Implications of the serine protease HtrA1 in amyloid precursor protein processingSandra Grau
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3US, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6021-6. 2005..Our data suggest that HtrA1 is directly involved in the beta-amyloid pathway as it degrades various fragments of amyloid precursor protein ..
- Substrate-induced remodeling of the active site regulates human HTRA1 activityLinda Truebestein
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:386-8. 2011Crystal structures of active and inactive conformations of the human serine protease HTRA1 reveal that substrate binding to the active site is sufficient to stimulate proteolytic activity...
- LOC387715/HTRA1 variants in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy and age-related macular degeneration in a Japanese populationNaoshi Kondo
Department of Organs Therapeutics, Division of Ophthalmology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 144:608-12. 2007To investigate whether variants in the LOC387715 locus and the HtrA serine peptidase 1 (HTRA1) gene within the 10q26 locus are associated with polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) and wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in a ..
- Expression pattern alterations of the serine protease HtrA1 in normal human placental tissues and in gestational trophoblastic diseasesDaniela Marzioni
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Faculty of Medicine, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Histol Histopathol 24:1213-22. 2009b>HtrA1 is a secreted protein which behaves as a molecular chaperone at low temperatures and as a serine protease at high temperatures...
- High temperature requirement factor A1 (HTRA1) gene regulates angiogenesis through transforming growth factor-β family member growth differentiation factor 6Li Zhang
Molecular Medicine Research Center and Department of Ophthalmology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
J Biol Chem 287:1520-6. 2012..study (GWAS) has identified genetic variants in the promoter region of the high temperature requirement factor A1 (HTRA1) gene associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Detrimental role for human high temperature requirement serine protease A1 (HTRA1) in the pathogenesis of intervertebral disc (IVD) degenerationAndré N Tiaden
Bone and Stem Cell Research Group, Center for Applied Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 287:21335-45. 2012Human HTRA1 is a highly conserved secreted serine protease that degrades numerous extracellular matrix proteins...
- Binding of proteins to the PDZ domain regulates proteolytic activity of HtrA1 serine protease- Murwantoko
Division of Gene Function in Animals, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 891605 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Biochem J 381:895-904. 2004b>HtrA1, a member of the mammalian HtrA (high temperature requirement A) serine protease family, has a highly conserved protease domain followed by a PDZ domain...
- Neovascular age-related macular degeneration risk based on CFH, LOC387715/HTRA1, and smokingAnne E Hughes
Department of Medical Genetics, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 4:e355. 2007..Polymorphisms in the complement factor H (CFH) gene, LOC387715, and the HTRA1 promoter are strongly associated with AMD. Smoking also contributes to the etiology...
- The role of human HtrA1 in arthritic diseaseSandra Grau
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3US, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:6124-9. 2006Human HtrA1 belongs to a widely conserved family of serine proteases involved in various aspects of protein quality control and cell fate...
- HTRA1 promoter polymorphism predisposes Japanese to age-related macular degenerationTsunehiko Yoshida
National Institute of Sensory Organs, National Hospital Organization Tokyo Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Vis 13:545-8. 2007..To study the effect of candidate single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on chromosome 10q26, recently shown to be associated with wet age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in Chinese and Caucasian cohorts, in a Japanese cohort...
- Association of the HTRA1 -625G>A promoter gene polymorphism with exudative age-related macular degeneration in a Central European populationMartin Weger
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Mol Vis 13:1274-9. 2007..Recently, the HTRA1 -625A allele was identified as a novel risk marker in both a North American and a Chinese population...
- Serine proteases HTRA1 and HTRA3 are down-regulated with increasing grades of human endometrial cancerMarissa A Bowden
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Gynecol Oncol 103:253-60. 2006..Four human HTRA members have been described: HTRA1-4. HTRA1 and HTRA3 share a high degree of domain homologies and may therefore share a functional similarity...
- A variant of the HTRA1 gene increases susceptibility to age-related macular degenerationZhenglin Yang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Moran Eye Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Science 314:992-3. 2006..We demonstrate that a single-nucleotide polymorphism, rs11200638, in the promoter region of HTRA1 is the most likely causal variant for AMD at 10q26 and is estimated to confer a population attributable risk of 49...
- Distinct expression and localization of serine protease HtrA1 in human endometrium and first-trimester placentaGuiying Nie
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Dev Dyn 235:3448-55. 2006..b>HtrA1 is a member of the recently identified mammalian HtrA (high temperature requirement factor A) serine protease ..
- [Characterization of the HtrA family of proteins]Dorota Zurawa-Janicka
Katedra Biochemii, Instytut Biologii, Uniwersytet Gdanski, Gdansk
Postepy Biochem 53:27-36. 2007The HtrA family of proteins consists of evolutionary conserved serine proteases, which are homologues of the HtrA protein from a model bacterium Escherichia coli...
- PLEKHA1-LOC387715-HTRA1 polymorphisms and exudative age-related macular degeneration in the French populationNicolas Leveziel
Creteil University Eye Clinic, Faculte de Medecine Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Mol Vis 13:2153-9. 2007..Exudative AMD is rapidly progressive and usually associated with severe prognosis. Our purpose was to investigate this association on locus 10q26 in a case-control study including French patients specifically affected with exudative AMD...
- Further mapping of 10q26 supports strong association of HTRA1 polymorphisms with age-related macular degenerationDaniel Gibbs
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Moran Eye Center, Building 533, Room 3160A, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Vision Res 48:685-9. 2008..A polymorphism (rs11200638) in a transcription factor binding site of the HTRA1 gene has been described, in previous reports, as being most significantly associated with AMD...
- Association of CFH, LOC387715, and HTRA1 polymorphisms with exudative age-related macular degeneration in a northern Chinese populationYule Xu
Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 14:1373-81. 2008Variants in complement factor H (CFH), the hypothetical LOC387715, and the high-temperature requirement A-1 (HTRA1) genes have been reported to be associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Identification of tubulins as substrates of serine protease HtrA1 by mixture-based oriented peptide library screeningJeremy Chien
Department of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Cell Biochem 107:253-63. 2009b>Serine protease HtrA1 belongs to a family of chymotrypsin-like proteases that were first identified in bacteria and later in mammalian systems...
- Association of HTRA1 mutations and familial ischemic cerebral small-vessel diseaseKenju Hara
Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
N Engl J Med 360:1729-39. 2009The genetic cause of cerebral autosomal recessive arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CARASIL), which is characterized by ischemic, nonhypertensive, cerebral small-vessel disease with associated alopecia and ..
- C-reactive protein and CFH, ARMS2/HTRA1 gene variants are independently associated with risk of macular degenerationJohanna M Seddon
Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Genetics Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmology 117:1560-6. 2010Genetic variants CFH and ARMS2/HTRA1 gene regions as well as high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are related to age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Complement factor H and high-temperature requirement A-1 genotypes and treatment response of age-related macular degenerationTakashi Tsuchihashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Saitama Medical University, Iruma, Saitama, Japan
Ophthalmology 118:93-100. 2011To determine whether there is an association between complement factor H (CFH), high-temperature requirement A-1 (HTRA1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) genotypes and response to ..
- Human high temperature requirement serine protease A1 (HTRA1) degrades tau protein aggregatesAnnette Tennstaedt
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University Duisburg Essen, Universitaetsstrasse, 45141 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:20931-41. 2012..So far, however, no HtrA protease is known that degrades protein aggregates. We show here that human HTRA1 degrades aggregated and fibrillar tau, a protein that is critically involved in various neurological disorders...
- Primary structure of a putative serine protease specific for IGF-binding proteinsJ Zumbrunn
M E Müller Institut für Biomechanik, Universitat Bern, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 398:187-92. 1996..This protein has a molecular mass of 51 kDa and is highly related to the HtrA family of serine proteases from bacteria...
- Human HtrA, an evolutionarily conserved serine protease identified as a differentially expressed gene product in osteoarthritic cartilageS I Hu
Arthritis Biology Unit, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Summit, New Jersey 07901, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34406-12. 1998The human homologue of the Escherichia coli htrA gene product was identified by the differential display analysis of transcripts expressed in osteoarthritic cartilage...
- The HtrA1 serine protease is down-regulated during human melanoma progression and represses growth of metastatic melanoma cellsAlfonso Baldi
Laboratory C, CRS, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 21:6684-8. 2002..lymph node metastasis using cDNA arrays indicated down-regulation of PRSS11, a gene encoding the serine protease HtrA1, a homolog of the Escherichia coli protease HtrA, in the metastatic line...
- A candidate tumor suppressor HtrA1 is downregulated in ovarian cancerJeremy Chien
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center and Department of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 23:1636-44. 2004We report here that HtrA1, a candidate tumor suppressor, is downregulated in ovarian cancer. Expression of HtrA1 is downregulated in five of seven ovarian cancer cell lines...
- HtrA1 serine protease inhibits signaling mediated by Tgfbeta family proteinsChio Oka
Division of Gene Function in Animals, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Development 131:1041-53. 2004b>HtrA1, a member of the mammalian HtrA serine protease family, has a highly conserved protease domain followed by a PDZ domain...
- Serine protease HtrA1 modulates chemotherapy-induced cytotoxicityJeremy Chien
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA, Medical Oncology Unit and Department of Histopathology, San Salvatore Hospital, Pesaro, Italy
J Clin Invest 116:1994-2004. 2006..These findings uncover what we believe to be a novel pathway by which serine protease HtrA1 mediates paclitaxel- and cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity and suggest that loss of HtrA1 in ovarian and ..
- HTRA1 promoter polymorphism in wet age-related macular degenerationAndrew Dewan
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Science 314:989-92. 2006..Here we report that a single-nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of HTRA1, a serine protease gene on chromosome 10q26, is a major genetic risk factor for wet AMD...
- Analysis of HtrA1 serine protease expression in human lung cancerVincenzo Esposito
Third Division, Cotugno Hospital, Naples, Italy
Anticancer Res 26:3455-9. 2006b>HtrA1 is a serine protease homologue to the bacterial serine-protease HtrA, also known as DegP, a heat shock-induced envelope-associated serine protease...
- HTRA1 variant confers similar risks to geographic atrophy and neovascular age-related macular degenerationD Joshua Cameron
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Moran Eye Center, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Cell Cycle 6:1122-5. 2007..A single nucleotide polymorphism, rs11200638, in the promoter of HTRA1 has been shown to increases the risk for wet AMD...
- Association of the HTRA1 gene variant with age-related macular degeneration in the Japanese populationKeisuke Mori
Department of Ophthalmology, Saitama Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, 38 Morohongo, Moroyama, Iruma, Saitama, 350 0495, Japan
J Hum Genet 52:636-41. 2007The purpose of this investigation was to determine whether the high-temperature requirement A-1 (HTRA1) gene polymorphism is associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in native, unrelated Japanese patients...
- A variant of mitochondrial protein LOC387715/ARMS2, not HTRA1, is strongly associated with age-related macular degenerationAtsuhiro Kanda
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16227-32. 2007..We demonstrate, by evaluating 45 tag SNPs spanning HTRA1, PLEKHA1, and predicted gene LOC387715/ARMS2, that rs10490924 SNP alone, or a variant in strong linkage ..
- HTRA1 variant increases risk to neovascular age-related macular degeneration in Chinese populationFang Lu
Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial People s Hospital, Sichuan 610072, China
Vision Res 47:3120-3. 2007..rs11200638 in the promoter of HTRA1 has recently been shown to increases the risk for wet AMD in both Caucasian and Hong Kong Chinese populations...
- LOC387715/HTRA1 and complement factor H variants in patients with age-related macular degeneration seen at the mayo clinicJose S Pulido
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 28:203-7. 2007To confirm association of the complement factor H allelic variant (CFH Y402H) and the LOC387715/HTRA1 (LOC387715 A69S) risk alleles with age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Association of HTRA1 polymorphism and bilaterality in advanced age-related macular degenerationHaoyu Chen
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Vision Res 48:690-4. 2008Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), rs11200638, in the promoter of HTRA1 has recently been shown to increase the risk for AMD...
- Changes in mRNA and protein levels of human HtrA1, HtrA2 and HtrA3 in ovarian cancerJoanna Narkiewicz
Department of Biochemistry, University of Gdansk, Kladki 24, 80 822 Gdansk, Poland
Clin Biochem 41:561-9. 2008Expression of human HtrA1, HtrA2, HtrA3 and TGF-beta1 genes was examined in ovarian tissue specimens including 19 normal ovaries, 20 benign tumors, 7 borderline tumors, 44 cancers and 8 Krukenberg tumors.
- HTRA1 polymorphism in dry and wet age-related macular degenerationJane Ming Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Retina 28:309-13. 2008To investigate HTRA1 polymorphisms in unrelated Taiwan Chinese patients with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and control subjects without AMD.
- HTRA1 variants in exudative age-related macular degeneration and interactions with smoking and CFHPancy O S Tam
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2357-65. 2008..had not been successful until recent genome-wide association studies revealed Tyr402His in CFH and rs11200638 in HTRA1 as AMD-related genetic variants...
- Genotype-phenotype correlations for exudative age-related macular degeneration associated with homozygous HTRA1 and CFH genotypesNicolas Leveziel
Faculte de Medecine Henri Mondor, Creteil University Eye Clinic, Creteil, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3090-4. 2008..degeneration (AMD) have recently been identified as susceptibility risk factors, including polymorphisms of HTRA1 and CFH genes...
- Human HtrA1 in the archived eyes with age-related macular degenerationChi Chao Chan
Immunopathology Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 105:92-7; discussion 97-8. 2007b>HtrA1 belongs to the high temperature requirement factor A family of serine proteases, which are involved in protein quality control and cell fate...
- Variants in the 10q26 gene cluster (LOC387715 and HTRA1) exhibit enhanced risk of age-related macular degeneration along with CFH in Indian patientsInderjeet Kaur
Kallam Anji Reddy Molecular Genetics Laboratory, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Road No 2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, India
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1771-6. 2008Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the LOC387715 (rs10490924), HTRA1 (rs11200638), and CFH (rs1061170) genes have been implicated in age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Intracellular localization of the tumor suppressor HtrA1/Prss11 and its association with HPV16 E6 and E7 proteinsGary A Clawson
Department of Pathology, the Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Biochem 105:81-8. 2008..We recently identified the protease as high temperature requirement factor A 1 (HtrA1), also known as Prss11, which is member of an oxidative stress-response family of proteases...
- Age-related macular degeneration is associated with an unstable ARMS2 (LOC387715) mRNALars G Fritsche
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nat Genet 40:892-6. 2008..10q26 center over two nearby genes, ARMS2 (age-related maculopathy susceptibility 2, also known as LOC387715) and HTRA1 (high-temperature requirement factor A1), suggesting two equally probable candidates...
- Association analysis of CFH, C2, BF, and HTRA1 gene polymorphisms in Chinese patients with polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyKelvin Y Lee
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2613-9. 2008..Variants in the CFH and HTRA1/LOC387715 genes are strongly associated with AMD in Caucasians and Chinese...
- The serine protease HtrA1 is a novel prognostic factor for human mesotheliomaAlfonso Baldi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Section of Pathology, Second University of Naples, Via L Armanni 5, 80138 Naples, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 9:1069-77. 2008The objective of our study was to analyze the potential prognostic value of the expression of the serine protease HtrA1 and of EGFR in 70 malignant mesotheliomas.
- Further assessment of the complement component 2 and factor B region associated with age-related macular degenerationGareth J McKay
Centre for Vision Sciences, Queen s University of Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:533-9. 2009..of the complement system has been implicated as a major cause of genetic risk, in addition to the LOC387715/HTRA1 locus and other environmental influences...
- Meta-analysis of the association of the HTRA1 polymorphisms with the risk of age-related macular degenerationWen Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430022, PR China
Exp Eye Res 89:292-300. 2009b>HTRA1 was considered as one of important age-related macular degeneration (AMD) candidate genes...
- Prediction model for prevalence and incidence of advanced age-related macular degeneration based on genetic, demographic, and environmental variablesJohanna M Seddon
Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Genetics Service, Tufts University School of Medicine and Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2044-53. 2009..The joint effects of genetic, ocular, and environmental variables were evaluated and predictive models for prevalence and incidence of AMD were assessed...
- Genetic variants in three genes and smoking show strong associations with susceptibility to exudative age-related macular degeneration in a Chinese populationJie Chu
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:2525-33. 2008..polymorphisms in three genes (complement factor H (CFH), complement factor B (BF) and HtrA serine peptidase 1 (HTRA1)) with exudative age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in a Han Chinese population, and to test if the modifiable ..
- Expression of human HtrA1, HtrA2, HtrA3 and TGF-beta1 genes in primary endometrial cancerJoanna Narkiewicz
Department of Biochemistry, University of Gdansk, 80 822 Gdansk, Poland
Oncol Rep 21:1529-37. 2009..Downregulation of human HtrA1 and HtrA3 genes has been reported in some cancers, including endometrial cancer (EC), suggesting a tumor-..
- Serine protease HtrA1 associates with microtubules and inhibits cell migrationJeremy Chien
Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4177-87. 2009b>HtrA1 belongs to a family of serine proteases found in organisms ranging from bacteria to humans...
- Identification of a novel HtrA1-susceptible cleavage site in human aggrecan: evidence for the involvement of HtrA1 in aggrecan proteolysis in vivoAngela Chamberland
Department of Tissue Repair, Wyeth Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
J Biol Chem 284:27352-9. 2009Mass spectrometry-based proteomic analyses performed on cartilage tissue extracts identified the serine protease HtrA1/PRSS11 as a major protein component of human articular cartilage, with elevated levels occurring in association with ..
- Comprehensive analysis of complement factor H and LOC387715/ARMS2/HTRA1 variants with respect to phenotype in advanced age-related macular degenerationMichael T Andreoli
Ocular Molecular Genetics Institute, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 148:869-74. 2009To examine the interaction of genotypic variation of 16 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the complement factor H (CFH) and LOC387715/ARMS2/HTRA1 loci with clinical characteristics of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Analysis of complement factor H Y402H, LOC387715, HTRA1 polymorphisms and ApoE alleles with susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration in Hungarian patientsGergely Losonczy
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Acta Ophthalmol 89:255-62. 2011..of the complement factor H (CFH) gene, Ser69Ala polymorphism at LOC387715, rs11200638 polymorphism of the HTRA1 gene and different apolipoprotein E (ApoE) alleles in Hungarian patients with AMD in order to determine the ..
- Genetic and functional dissection of HTRA1 and LOC387715 in age-related macular degenerationZhenglin Yang
Center for Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial People s Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
PLoS Genet 6:e1000836. 2010..on 10q26 influences the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and encompasses two genes, LOC387715 and HTRA1. Recent data have suggested that loss of LOC387715, mediated by an insertion/deletion (in/del) that destabilizes ..
- Genetic variants near TIMP3 and high-density lipoprotein-associated loci influence susceptibility to age-related macular degenerationWei Chen
Center for Statistical Genetics, Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7401-6. 2010..Our studies extend the catalog of AMD associated loci, help identify individuals at high risk of disease, and provide clues about underlying cellular pathways that should eventually lead to new therapies...
- Genome-wide association study of advanced age-related macular degeneration identifies a role of the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC)Benjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7395-400. 2010..Results implicate different biologic pathways than previously reported and provide new avenues for prevention and treatment of AMD...
- Downregulation of HtrA1 promotes resistance to anoikis and peritoneal dissemination of ovarian cancer cellsXiaoping He
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 70:3109-18. 2010We previously identified serine protease HtrA1 as a downregulated gene in epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC), but the functional consequence of loss of HtrA1 in EOC remains largely unclear...
- LOC387715/HTRA1 polymorphisms, smoking and combined effects on exudative age-related macular degeneration in a Korean populationSoo J Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Inha University School of Medicine, Incheon, Korea
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 38:698-704. 2010This study was to investigate the association of two single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in LOC387715 and HTRA1 with exudative age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in a Korean population and the gene-gene and gene-environment ..
- HtrA proteins as targets in therapy of cancer and other diseasesDorota Zurawa-Janicka
University of Gdansk, Department of Biochemistry, Kladki 24, 80 822 Gdansk, Poland
Expert Opin Ther Targets 14:665-79. 2010The HtrA family proteins are serine proteases that are involved in important physiological processes, including maintenance of mitochondrial homeostasis, apoptosis and cell signaling...
- [Association study on single nucleotide polymorphisms in HTRA1 gene and rheumatoid arthritis]Rui jun Luo
Department of Immunology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27:305-9. 2010To study the association between the single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the high-temperature requirement A-1 (HTRA1) gene and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in Chinese Han population.
- Genome-wide association identifies SKIV2L and MYRIP as protective factors for age-related macular degenerationL J Kopplin
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Genes Immun 11:609-21. 2010..From these efforts, we report the identification of two novel protective factors for AMD and confirm the previously known associations at CFH, ARMS2 and C3...
- Serine protease HtrA1 expression in human hepatocellular carcinomaFeng Zhu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Third Affiliated Hospital, Soochow University, Changzhou 210003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 9:508-12. 2010b>HtrA1, a serine protease, is down-regulated in various human solid tumors. Overexpression of HtrA1 in human cancer cells inhibits cell growth and proliferation in vitro and in vivo, suggesting its possible role as a tumor suppressor.
- LOC387715/HTRA1 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration: A HuGE review and meta-analysisYu Tong
Laboratory of Early Development and Injuries, Center for Research of Child Development and Disease, West China Second University Hospital, Chengdu, China
Mol Vis 16:1958-81. 2010To examine the association of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) with HtrA serine peptidase 1 (HTRA1) gene rs11200638 G→A polymorphism and LOC387715/ ARMS2 gene rs10490924 G→T polymorphisms, and to evaluate the magnitude of the ..
- ARMS2/HTRA1 locus can confer differential susceptibility to the advanced subtypes of age-related macular degenerationLucia Sobrin
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:345-52.e3. 2011..To determine if genetic variants that have been associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) have a differential effect on the risk of choroidal neovascularization (CNV) and geographic atrophy...
- Haplotype analysis of the ARMS2/HTRA1 region in Japanese patients with typical neovascular age-related macular degeneration or polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyNorimoto Gotoh
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 54:609-14. 2010To compare the genomic contribution of the ARMS2/HTRA1 region of chromosome 10q26 to typical neovascular age-related macular degeneration (nAMD) (also known as typical exudative AMD) and to polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) METHODS:..
- Cerebral small-vessel disease protein HTRA1 controls the amount of TGF-β1 via cleavage of proTGF-β1Atsushi Shiga
Department of Neurology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata 951 8122, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 20:1800-10. 2011..disease, cerebral autosomal recessive arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CARASIL)...
- Common variants near FRK/COL10A1 and VEGFA are associated with advanced age-related macular degenerationYi Yu
Ophthalmic Epidemiology and Genetics Service, New England Eye Center, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 800 WashingtonStreet, No 450, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:3699-709. 2011..15; P = 8.7 × 10(-9)). In addition to the two novel loci, 10 previously reported loci in ARMS2/HTRA1 (rs10490924), CFH (rs1061170, and rs1410996), CFB (rs641153), C3 (rs2230199), C2 (rs9332739), CFI (rs10033900), ..
- Increased expression of multifunctional serine protease, HTRA1, in retinal pigment epithelium induces polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy in miceAlex Jones
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14578-83. 2011..Genome-wide association studies have linked a multifunctional serine protease, HTRA1, to AMD. However, the precise role of HTRA1 in AMD remains elusive...
- Association of ARMS2/HTRA1 variants with polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy phenotype in a Korean populationDong Ho Park
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 50 Samduk dong 2 ga, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 721, South Korea
Jpn J Ophthalmol 56:60-7. 2012To investigate whether ARMS2 (rs10490924)/HTRA1 (rs11200638) variants are associated with polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) in a Korean population and with various PCV phenotypes.
- Composition and proteolytic processing of corneal deposits associated with mutations in the TGFBI geneHenrik Karring
Institute of Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology and Environmental Technology, Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark, Niels Bohrs Alle 1, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Exp Eye Res 96:163-70. 2012..These cleavage sites were consistent with the ligand binding and proteolytic activity of HtrA1 suggesting that it plays a role in the proteolytic processing of the amyloidogenic FAS1-4 domain...
- Phenotype and genotype characteristics of age-related macular degeneration in a Japanese populationKeisuke Mori
Department of Ophthalmology, Saitama Medical University, Iruma, Saitama, Japan
Ophthalmology 117:928-38. 2010..To describe phenotype and genotype characteristics of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in Japanese patients...
- Expression and localization of the serine proteases high-temperature requirement factor A1, serine protease 23, and serine protease 35 in the mouse ovaryPatrik Wahlberg
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Endocrinology 149:5070-7. 2008..serine proteases that were relatively highly expressed during ovulation: high-temperature requirement factor A1 (HtrA1), which was not regulated much during ovulation; serine protease 23 (PRSS23), which was down-regulated by ..
- Two distinct loci affecting conversion to mucoidy in Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis encode homologs of the serine protease HtrAJ C Boucher
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78284 7758, USA
J Bacteriol 178:511-23. 1996..The predicted primary structure of AlgW displayed similarity to HtrA (DegP), a serine protease involved in proteolysis of abnormal proteins and required for resistance to oxidative and ..
- Identification of novel substrates for the serine protease HTRA1 in the human RPE secretomeEunkyung An
Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3379-86. 2010PURPOSE. To define the role of the serine protease HTRA1 in age-related macular degeneration (AMD) by examining its expression level and identifying its potential substrates in the context of primary RPE cell extracellular milieu...
- A novel serine protease of the mammalian HtrA family is up-regulated in mouse uterus coinciding with placentationGui Ying Nie
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, P O Box 5152, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 9:279-90. 2003..PRSP is structurally similar to mammalian HtrA1 (56% amino acid similarity)...
- An update on the genetics of age-related macular degenerationHendrik P N Scholl
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Mol Vis 13:196-205. 2007..These findings imply that the innate immune system may play a significant role in AMD pathogenesis. The LOC387715/HTRA1 locus within 10q26 has been identified as a second major locus contributing to AMD pathogenesis...
- Current immunizations for travelBeth D Kirkpatrick
University of Vermont College of Medicine, MCHV Campus, 303 Burgess Building, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 16:369-74. 2003..Some of these diseases are preventable, and vaccination remains a cornerstone of travel medicine. Vaccines that are important for international travel are reviewed, in a succinct update based on the most recent literature...
- Prior immunity to homologous and heterologous Salmonella serotypes suppresses local and systemic anti-fragment C antibody responses and protection from tetanus toxin in mice immunized with Salmonella strains expressing fragment CM Roberts
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Glasgow University Veterinary School, Glasgow G61 1QH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 67:3810-5. 1999..only with respect to the promoter controlling FrgC expression, the nirB promoter in the case of BRD847 and the htrA promoter in the case of BRD937. Mice were preimmunized orally with S. typhimurium BRD509, S...
- Genetic deficiency of complement factor H in a patient with age-related macular degeneration and membranoproliferative glomerulonephritisTamara Montes
Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Enfermedades Raras, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, Madrid, Spain
Mol Immunol 45:2897-904. 2008..Genetic analyses of the CFH, CFB, C3, CFHR1-CFHR3 and LOC387715/HTRA1 genes revealed that the patient was heterozygote for a novel missense mutation in exon 9 of CFH (c...
- Degradation by proteases Lon, Clp and HtrA, of Escherichia coli proteins aggregated in vivo by heat shock; HtrA protease action in vivo and in vitroE Laskowska
Department of Biochemistry, University of Gdansk, Kladki, Poland
Mol Microbiol 22:555-71. 1996..Comparison of the rise and decay of the S fraction in mutants defective for heat-shock proteases Lon (La), Clp, HtrA (DegP, Do) and in wild-type strains made studies of proteolysis and the function of the heat-shock response ..
- Multifactor effects and evidence of potential interaction between complement factor H Y402H and LOC387715 A69S in age-related macular degenerationSanna P Seitsonen
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
PLoS ONE 3:e3833. 2008Variants in the complement cascade genes and the LOC387715/HTRA1, have been widely reported to associate with age-related macular degeneration (AMD), the most common cause of visual impairment in industrialized countries.
- The peptidyl-prolyl isomerase motif is lacking in PmpA, the PrsA-like protein involved in the secretion machinery of Lactococcus lactisSophie Drouault
Unité d Ecologie et de Physiologie du Système Digestif Unité de Génétique Microbienne, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:3932-42. 2002..PmpA either triggers the folding of the secreted lipase or activates its degradation by the cell surface protease HtrA. Unlike the case for B...
- Identification of an immunoreactive Brucella abortus HtrA stress response protein homologR M Roop
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130 3932
Infect Immun 62:1000-7. 1994..coli and Salmonella typhimurium HtrA stress response proteins...
- Detection of a novel spotted fever group rickettsia in Amblyomma parvum ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) from ArgentinaRichard C Pacheco
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva e Saude Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva 87, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 270, Brazil
Exp Appl Acarol 43:63-71. 2007..Three of these ticks were tested in another battery of PCR targeting fragments of the rickettsial genes gltA, htrA, and ompA...
- Role of HTRA1, a serine protease, in the progression of articular cartilage degenerationIlona Polur
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Histol Histopathol 25:599-608. 2010This study is to investigate the possible role of high temperature requirement A 1 (HtrA1) in the articular cartilage degeneration...
- Characterization of spotted fever group rickettsiae in flea and tick specimens from northern PeruPatrick J Blair
U S Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Lima, Peru
J Clin Microbiol 42:4961-7. 2004..the etiologic agents from these samples was determined after partial sequencing of the 17-kDa common antigen gene (htrA) as well as pairwise nucleotide sequence homology with one or more of the following genes: gltA, ompA, and ompB...
- Isolation and identification of Rickettsia massiliae from Rhipicephalus sanguineus ticks collected in ArizonaMarina E Eremeeva
Viral and Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:5569-77. 2006..With a nested PCR assay which detects a fragment of the Rickettsia genus-specific 17-kDa antigen gene (htrA), five ticks (25%) were found to contain rickettsial DNA...
- The involvement of complement factor B and complement component C2 in an Indian cohort with age-related macular degenerationInderjeet Kaur
Hyderabad Eye Research Foundation, Champalimaud Translational Centre, Brien Holden Eye Research Centre, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:59-63. 2010..In continuation of the analysis of CFH and LOC387715/HTRA1, this study was conducted to gain understanding of the role of CFB and C2 in an Indian AMD cohort.
- The HtrA protease of Campylobacter jejuni is required for heat and oxygen tolerance and for optimal interaction with human epithelial cellsLone Brøndsted
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Stigbøjlen 4, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3205-12. 2005..We have investigated the importance of a homologue of the periplasmic HtrA protease in C. jejuni stress tolerance. A C...
- Diagnosis of cat scratch disease with detection of Bartonella henselae by PCR: a study of patients with lymph node enlargementYves Hansmann
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, 1, Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 43:3800-6. 2005..henselae DNA (htrA gene) in the Bacteriology Laboratory of the Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg...
- Relapsing fever spirochaetes produce a serine protease that provides resistance to oxidative stress and killing by neutrophilsCyril Guyard
Laboratory of Human Bacterial Pathogenesis, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
Mol Microbiol 60:710-22. 2006..The predicted amino acid sequence of bhpA was homologous with the HtrA serine proteases, which are involved with stress responses and virulence in other bacteria. B...
- Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi Ty21a expressing human papillomavirus type 16 L1 as a potential live vaccine against cervical cancer and typhoid feverDominique Fraillery
Institute of Microbiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and University of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1285-95. 2007..Ty21a, the actual licensed typhoid vaccine, and two highly immunogenic typhoid vaccine candidates, Ty800 and CVD908-htrA. In an intranasal mouse model of Salmonella serovar Typhi infection, Ty21a kanL1S was unique in inducing HPV16-..
- New genes of Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri involved in pathogenesis and adaptation revealed by a transposon-based mutant libraryMarcelo L Laia
Departamento de Tecnologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, Campus de Jaboticabal, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
BMC Microbiol 9:12. 2009..Considering the importance of the disease worldwide, investigation is needed to accurately detect which genes are related to the pathogen-host adaptation process and which are associated with pathogenesis...
- Cyclic di-GMP signaling regulates invasion by Ehrlichia chaffeensis of human monocytesYumi Kumagai
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Bacteriol 192:4122-33. 2010..Indeed, the serine protease HtrA was detected on the surface of E. chaffeensis, and TRP120 was degraded by treatment of E...
- Optimization of plasmid maintenance in the attenuated live vector vaccine strain Salmonella typhi CVD 908-htrAJ E Galen
Center for Vaccine Development, Division of Geographic Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Infect Immun 67:6424-33. 1999..expression plasmids encoding foreign antigens in a Salmonella typhi live-vector vaccine strain such as CVD 908-htrA. We have enhanced the maintenance of expression plasmids at two independent levels...
- Building a Better AMD MouseCaroline J Zeiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..The recent discovery of a polymorphic variant of HTRA Serine Peptidase 1 (HTRA1) as a risk factor for wet AMD implicates an entirely different mechanism (abnormal matrix metabolism and TGF-2 ..
- Characterizing Exportal by a Polymyxin B Resistance-Based Mutagenic ApproachLuis Alberto Vega; Fiscal Year: 2010..an anionic membrane microdomain enriched in secretory (Sec) translocons and the membrane anchored serine protease HtrA. The role of the ExPortal as a system coordinating protein secretion and maturation in S...
- Functional analysis of AMD-associated HTRA1 promoter polymorphismNoriko Esumi; Fiscal Year: 2010The objective of this proposal is to define the functional role of the HTRA1 promoter polymorphism that was recently identified as a variant associated with susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and to begin to ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Age-Related Macular DegenerationDebra A Schaumberg; Fiscal Year: 2011..for AMD in relation to common variants within a group of strong candidate genes including complement factor H, HTRA1/LOC387715, and others (candidates identified based on position, function, expression, etc...
- Regulation of Serine Protease HtrA1 and ChemoresponseViji Shridhar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our studies have shown that altered expression of the serine protease HtrA1 modulates chemotherapy induced cytotoxicity...
- Robert T Sauer; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Intracellular proteases of the AAA+ and HtrA families remove toxic proteins from cells and participate in cellular processes that promote health and prevent disease...
- Genetics and Functional Studies of Age-Related Macular DegenerationKang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..We and others have demonstrated that HTRA1 may play a major role in genetic susceptibilty to AMD...
- Validation and development of specific small molecule inhibitors of HTRA1 for treShuyuan Yao; Fiscal Year: 2010..CalCyte's scientific co-founder, Kang Zhang, reported that polymorphisms in the promoter of the gene encoding HTRA1 plays a major role in genetic susceptibility to AMD...
- SIBLING STUDY OF AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATIONMargaret M DeAngelis; Fiscal Year: 2010..has established alleles as well as haplotypes on chromosomes 1 and 10, particularly in CFH and LOC387715/ARMS2/HTRA1, as having large influences on AMD risk in populations of various ethnicities...
- Ashok K Chopra; Fiscal Year: 2015..mutant was unable to survive within macrophages, which was linked to the down-regulation of a stress response gene (htrA) in this mutant. We inferred from these data that other stress-associated genes (e.g...
- SUZANNE RACHEL DAWID; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 2 we will determine the role of the regulatory proteins CiaRH and HtrA in controlling the cross talk between the blp and com systems...
- Margaret A Pericak-Vance; Fiscal Year: 2014..have identified and confirmed variations in multiple genes that strongly affect risk to AMD, including CFH, HTRA1/ARMS2, C2/CFB, and C3 explaining a significant portion of the genetic risk for AMD...
- William K Scott; Fiscal Year: 2015..our own, have identified and confirmed variations in multiple genes that affect risk to AMD, including CFH, HTRA1/ARMS2, C2/CFB, and C3 (DeAngelis et al. 2007;Edwards et al. 2005;Haines et al. 2005;Jakobsdottir et al...
- Complex Mouse Models of Age-related Macular DegenerationCaroline J Zeiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore this resubmission focuses whether polymorphisms in two recently discovered genes (CFH and HTRA1) that are associated with AMD in humans can induce the disease in mice...
- Anti-HTRA1 Therapy For AMDALAN L MUELLER; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In our Phase I application, we proposed that blocking HTRA1 with antibodies might be an effective strategy for treating age related macular degeneration...
- Michael G Caparon; Fiscal Year: 2014..microdomain that accumulates a high concentration of Sec translocons and accessory biogenesis factors including HtrA and Sortase...
- Streptococcus pneumoniae genetic competence and pathogenesisMichael E Sebert; Fiscal Year: 2011..This aim focuses on the surface protease HtrA that we have shown to repress the development of competence...
- ENGINEERING THERAPEUTIC PROTEASESRobert F Balint; Fiscal Year: 2012..will incorporate full-length human TNF1 for selections from a mutagenic library based on the proteolytic domain of HtrA1, a human chymotrypsin family protease with unique properties for the engineering of target-specific activities...
- Cross-Protective Vaccines Against Emerging Infectious AgentsMICHAEL MAHAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..biosynthetic pathways (aroA aroD), regulatory genes (cya crp and phoP phoQ), and genes encoding stress proteins (htrA) and combinations of these mutations...
- DEGP PROTEINASE INHIBITORS: NOVEL ANTI-INFECTIVESC Jones; Fiscal Year: 2000The DegP (HtrA) protease is essential for virulence in several Gram- negative pathogens: S.typhimurium, B. abortus, Y. enterocolitica, E. coli and P. aeruginosa. This important virulence factor was recently identified in S. pyogenes and S...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Pneumococcal ColonizationMichael Sebert; Fiscal Year: 2006..not all, of this failure to colonize effectively can be attributed to downregulation of a putative serine protease, HtrA. The hypothesis to be tested in the proposed research is that a set of genes is regulated by the CiaRH system that ..
- DEGP PROTEINASE INHIBITORS: NOVEL ANTI-INFECTIVESDennis Hruby; Fiscal Year: 2003The DegP (HtrA) protease is essential for virulence in several Gram-negative pathogens: S. typhimurium, B. melitensis, Y. enterocolitica and P. aeruginosa...
- APP/PROTEASE INTERACTION EFFECT ON APP PROCESSINGSuzanne Guenette; Fiscal Year: 1999..This protease is a member of the htrA class of serine protease which is highly conserved throughout evolution...
- Targeting HTRA 1 for the Treatment of Age Related Macular DegenerationSutip Navankasattusas; Fiscal Year: 2008..co-founder, Kang Zhang, recently reported in SCIENCE that a polymorphism in the promoter of the gene encoding HTRA1 plays a major role in genetic susceptibility to AMD...
- Biological Factors for Age-Related Macular DegenerationJohanna Seddon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Immune Responses to Biodefense Vaccines Early in LifeMarcela F Pasetti; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will also provide knowledge to better understand the mechanisms mediating neonatal-infant immunity to develop more effectivevaccines to prevent diseases early in life. ..
- Molecular Genetics of X-L Cone-Rod DystrophyMichael Gorin; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will help to resolve issues of allelic and genetic heterogeneity for X-linked retinal degenerations and will further our understanding of the biology of degenerative eye diseases. ..
- MAPPING AND CLONING OF NON-HLA GENES FOR CELIAC DISEASESusan Neuhausen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, more detailed knowledge about genes causing CD could lead to therapeutics to reduce the diet restrictions and morbidity of celiac disease. ..
- Sixth International Conference on LegionellaNicholas Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2005..This unique gathering of microbiologists, physicians, public health officials, and engineers is the definitive meeting for those concerned with Legionella and its associated diseases. ..
- The IGF Signaling Pathway and Breast Cancer RiskSusan L Neuhausen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently, chemotherapies are being directed to the IGF pathway and the results of this study could provide further targets, as well as assist in identifying the group of women who could particularly benefit from these new drugs. ..
- An RNA Sensor for Detection of Circulating Tumor CellsGary Clawson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Breast Cancer: BRCA1 and BRCA2Susan Neuhausen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information can be used to assist women and their physicians in individual risk assessment, as well as to target women for specific prevention or treatment strategies based on their genetic risk factors. ..
- Genetics of Age-Related Macular DegenerationMichael Klein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Expression of Cell Surface Proteins in Streptococcus mutansIndranil Biswas; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found that a functional HtrA (a serine protease needed for processing and maturation of proteins) is required for biofilm formation in S. mutans...