Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HBA1
Description: hemoglobin subunit alpha 1
Alias: HBA-T3, HBH, hemoglobin subunit alpha, alpha globin chain, alpha one globin, alpha-2 globin chain, delta globin, hemoglobin alpha 1 globin chain, hemoglobin, alpha 1
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Cohen R, Franco R, Khera P, Smith E, Lindsell C, Ciraolo P, et al. Red cell life span heterogeneity in hematologically normal people is sufficient to alter HbA1c. Blood. 2008;112:4284-91 pubmed publisher..HbA1c synthesis was linear and correlated with mean whole blood HbA1c (R(2) = 0.91). The observed variation in RBC survival was large enough to cause clinically important differences in HbA1c for a given mean blood glucose. ..
- Pare G, Chasman D, Parker A, Nathan D, Miletich J, Zee R, et al. Novel association of HK1 with glycated hemoglobin in a non-diabetic population: a genome-wide evaluation of 14,618 participants in the Women's Genome Health Study. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000312 pubmed publisher..This observed genetic association between glycated hemoglobin levels and HK1 polymorphisms paves the way for further studies of the role of HK1 in hemoglobin glycation, glucose metabolism, and diabetes. ..
- Martins R, Jones J, Cumming S, Coelho E Silva M, Teixeira A, Veríssimo M. Glycated hemoglobin and associated risk factors in older adults. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:13 pubmed publisher..HbA1c associates with atherogenic dyslipidemia particularly with TG and TG/HDL-C ratio, but not with TC, HDL-C, or LDL-C. HbA1c is not associated with hs-CRP, and with functional fitness and aerobic endurance. ..
- Kassaian S, Goodarzynejad H, Boroumand M, Salarifar M, Masoudkabir F, Mohajeri Tehrani M, et al. Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels and clinical outcomes in diabetic patients following coronary artery stenting. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:82 pubmed..38 to 4.68, p?=?0.66). Our data suggest that there is an association between good glycaemic control to obtain HbA1c levels ?7% (both pre-procedural glycaemic control and post-procedural) with a better clinical outcome after PCI. ..
- Daida H, Takayama T, Hiro T, Yamagishi M, Hirayama A, Saito S, et al. High HbA1c levels correlate with reduced plaque regression during statin treatment in patients with stable coronary artery disease: results of the coronary atherosclerosis study measuring effects of rosuvastatin using intravascular ultrasound in Japa. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:87 pubmed..Tight glucose control during statin therapy may enhance plaque regression in patients with stable coronary disease. ClinicalTrials.gov, Identifier NCT00329160. ..
- Higgs D, Vickers M, Wilkie A, Pretorius I, Jarman A, Weatherall D. A review of the molecular genetics of the human alpha-globin gene cluster. Blood. 1989;73:1081-104 pubmed
- Park I, Chung P, Ahn J. Enhancement of Ischemic Wound Healing by Spheroid Grafting of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Treated with Low-Level Light Irradiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122776 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that transplantation of an ASC spheroid treated with low-level light may be an effective form of stem cell therapy for treatment of a wound bed. ..
- Harano T, Harano K, Shibata S, Ueda S, Imai K, Seki M. HB Handa [alpha 90 (FG 2) Lys replaced by Met]: structure and biosynthesis of a new slightly higher oxygen affinity variant. Hemoglobin. 1982;6:379-89 pubmed..Globin chain biosynthesis in reticulocytes indicated that the production rate of the abnormal alpha chain was suppressed to 38% of the normal level. ..
- Feng M, Ebel J, Shabsigh A, Zynger D. Concordance of lymphovascular invasion diagnosed in penile carcinoma with and without the immunohistochemical markers ERG and CD31. Histol Histopathol. 2016;31:293-8 pubmed publisher..The use of endothelial IHC markers, such as ERG or CD31, or additional pathology consultation is recommended for penectomy cases in which LVI is difficult to histologically discern. ..
- Liu H, Ma L, Wu J, Li Y. MSCs relieve lung injury of COPD mice through promoting proliferation of endogenous lung stem cells. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2015;35:828-33 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that MSCs transplantation can relieve lung injury by promoting proliferation of endogenous lung stem cells in the cigarette smoke-induced COPD mice. ..
- Koning J, Konijn T, Lakeman K, O Toole T, Kenswil K, Raaijmakers M, et al. Nestin-Expressing Precursors Give Rise to Both Endothelial as well as Nonendothelial Lymph Node Stromal Cells. J Immunol. 2016;197:2686-94 pubmed publisher..Overall our data show that nestin(+) cells contribute to all subsets of the complex stromal populations that can be found in lymph nodes. ..
- Yu H, Moran C, Trollope A, Woodward L, Kinobe R, Rush C, et al. Angiopoietin-2 attenuates angiotensin II-induced aortic aneurysm and atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35190 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of Angpt2 may have potential therapeutic value in patients with aortic aneurysm and atherosclerosis. ..
- Erdini F, Spaltro A, Ruiu A, Pittertschatscher M, Resch G, Feil B, et al. Diffuse idiopathic pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia (DIPNECH) and multiple pulmonary epithelioid hemangioendothelioma (PEH): a case report. Pathologica. 2015;107:37-42 pubmed..To our knowledge, the association between PEH and DIPNECH has never been described in the literature. ..
- Xu A, Zhang L, Chen Y, Lin Z, Li R. Immunogenicity and efficacy of a rationally designed vaccine against vascular endothelial growth factor in mouse solid tumor models. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:181-192 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that DTT is an effective antigen carrier to break immune self-tolerance and our vaccine design has potential to be used for human cancer therapy. ..
- Vilahur G, Oñate B, Cubedo J, Bejar M, Arderiu G, Pena E, et al. Allogenic adipose-derived stem cell therapy overcomes ischemia-induced microvessel rarefaction in the myocardium: systems biology study. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:52 pubmed publisher..Coadministration of allogenic ASCs and their CM synergistically contribute to the neovascularization of the infarcted myocardium through a coordinated upregulation of the proangiogenic protein interactome. ..
- Mansouri R, Jouan Y, Hay E, Blin Wakkach C, Frain M, Ostertag A, et al. Osteoblastic heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycans control bone remodeling by regulating Wnt signaling and the crosstalk between bone surface and marrow cells. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2902 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results show that GAG supply may improve osteogenesis, but also interfere with the crosstalk between the bone surface and marrow cells, altering the supporting function of osteoblasts. ..
- Cash F, Monplaisir N, Goossens M, Liebhaber S. Locus assignment of two alpha-globin structural mutants from the Caribbean basin: alpha Fort de France (alpha 45 Arg) and alpha Spanish Town (alpha 27 Val). Blood. 1989;74:833-5 pubmed..These results further define the distribution of alpha-globin structural mutations within the alpha-globin gene cluster and substantiate the dominant role of the alpha 2-globin locus in alpha-globin expression. ..
- Van Ros G, Beale D, Lehmann H. Haemoglobin Stanleyville II (alpha asparagine replaced by lysine). Br Med J. 1968;4:92-3 pubmed..The amino-acid substitution was found to be a replacement of the asparagine residue by one of lysine in the 78th position of the 141 of the alpha-chain. ..
- Kang H, Sohn I, Jung J, Jeong J, Park C. Exendin-4 protects hindlimb ischemic injury by inducing angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;465:758-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that exendin-4 has potential as a therapeutic agent for vascular diseases that stimulate angiogenesis. ..
- Shi M, Xia L, Chen Z, Lv F, Zhu H, Wei F, et al. Europium-doped mesoporous silica nanosphere as an immune-modulating osteogenesis/angiogenesis agent. Biomaterials. 2017;144:176-187 pubmed publisher..Given the easy handling characteristics and extensive application potential, the results suggest that Eu-MSNs could be used as immunity-modulated osteogenesis/angiogenesis agent for skin and bone regeneration. ..
- Lehmann H, Carrell R. Variations in the structure of human haemoglobin. With particular reference to the unstable haemoglobins. Br Med Bull. 1969;25:14-23 pubmed
- Mocerino C, Iannaci G, Sapere P, Luise R, Canonico S, Gambardella A. Multidisciplinary approach to breast angiosarcoma in an elderly patient: Repeated local relapses and significant objective responses. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2016;29:537-42 pubmed publisher..To date, the patient is under close observation and is performing well. No recurrence has been demonstrated after ending of chemotherapy. ..
- Guan A, He T, Shao Y, Chi Y, Dai H, Wang Y, et al. Role of Jagged1-Hey1 Signal in Angiotensin II-induced Impairment of Myocardial Angiogenesis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2017;130:328-333 pubmed publisher..A Jagged1-Hey1 signal might mediate the impairment of angiogenesis induced by Ang II during cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Suzuki S, Ichikawa Y, Nakagawa K, Kumamoto T, Mori R, Matsuyama R, et al. High infiltration of mast cells positive to tryptase predicts worse outcome following resection of colorectal liver metastases. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:840 pubmed publisher..High peritumoral MC infiltration predicts poor prognosis in patients who underwent hepatectomy for CRLM. The number of MCs in metastatic lesions is important for predicting the prognosis of CRLM patients and as an indication of therapy. ..
- Cai M, Ren L, Yin X, Guo Z, Li Y, He T, et al. PET monitoring angiogenesis of infarcted myocardium after treatment with vascular endothelial growth factor and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Amino Acids. 2016;48:811-20 pubmed publisher..18)F-alfatide II PET could reflect angiogenesis of infarcted myocardium after VEGF gene and BMSCs therapy and further provide a non-invasive way of monitoring therapy response of myocardial infarction. ..
- Hu K, Wang D, Liu P, Cao Y, Wang Y, Yang X, et al. Targeting of MCT1 and PFKFB3 influences cell proliferation and apoptosis in bladder cancer by altering the tumor microenvironment. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:945-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that the targeting of MCT1 and PFKFB3 regulated cell proliferation and apoptosis in BC cells by altering the tumor microenvironment, and quercetin exhibited a potential antitumor effect by targeting MCT1. ..
- Kato R, Mizuno S, Kadowaki M, Shiozaki K, Akai M, Nakagawa K, et al. Sirt1 expression is associated with CD31 expression in blood cells from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Res. 2016;17:139 pubmed..MiR-34a may participate in apoptosis and/or senescence of EPCs in smokers. Decreased expression of CD31, CD34, and miR-126-3p potentially represents decreased numbers of EPCs in blood cell from patients with COPD. ..
- Ohba Y, Yoshinaka H, Hattori Y, Matsuoka M, Miyaji T. Hemoglobin J Habana found in a cord blood of a Japanese. Hemoglobin. 1983;7:327-9 pubmed
- Boronat M, Saavedra P, Varillas V, Novoa F. Use of confirmatory factor analysis for the identification of new components of the metabolic syndrome: the role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and Haemoglobin A1c. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2009;19:271-6 pubmed publisher..These findings show that PAI-1 and HbA1c are singularly linked to metabolic syndrome. Their elevation is presumably another manifestation of the same pathophysiological mechanism that underlies the recognized traits of the syndrome. ..
- Ackerman W, Summerfield T, Mesiano S, Schatz F, Lockwood C, Kniss D. Agonist-Dependent Downregulation of Progesterone Receptors in Human Cervical Stromal Fibroblasts. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:112-23 pubmed publisher..We postulate that hormonal regulation of PR expression in the cervical stroma may contribute to functional P(4) withdrawal in preparation for parturition. ..
- Li H, Chen J, Chen S. Remnant Repair-enhanced Polyethylene Terepthalate Artificial Ligament Graft Ligamentization. Int J Sports Med. 2015;36:1015-20 pubmed publisher..Remnant repair enhanced the revascularization and remodeling of the PET artificial ligament in ACL reconstruction. ..
- Noshiro S, Mikami T, Kataoka Sasaki Y, Sasaki M, Hashi K, Ohtaki S, et al. Biological relevance of tissue factor and IL-6 in arteriovenous malformations. Neurosurg Rev. 2017;40:359-367 pubmed publisher..IL-6 is associated with the angiogenic activity of TF, and both are present in the same abnormal endothelial cells and pericytes. These factors may have interactive effects and may serve in a prognostic role for AVMs. ..
- Kim H, Kim J, Ha Thi H, Bang O, Lee W, Hong S. Evaluation of anti-tumorigenic activity of BP3B against colon cancer with patient-derived tumor xenograft model. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:473 pubmed..These findings indicated that BP3B has a strong growth-inhibitory activity against colon cancer in in vivo model and will be a good therapeutic candidate for treatment of refractory colon cancer. ..
- Aplin J, Whittaker H, Jana Lim Y, Swietlik S, Charnock J, Jones C. Hemangioblastic foci in human first trimester placenta: Distribution and gestational profile. Placenta. 2015;36:1069-77 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the erythroid cells act as oxygen reservoirs during the period before flow of maternal blood through the intervillous space of the placenta, allowing a slow feed of oxygen-rich cells to the developing embryo. ..
- Zhang M, Yu W, Shen X, Xiang Q, Xu J, Yang J, et al. Advanced Interfere Treatment of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy Rats by aFGF-Loaded Heparin-Modified Microbubbles and UTMD Technique. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2016;30:247-61 pubmed publisher..Overall, aFGF-HMB combined with UTMD technique might be developed as an effective strategy to prevent DCM in future clinical therapy. ..
- Hu H, Hao L, Yan B, Li X, Zhu Y, Yao J, et al. Gefitinib inhibits retina angiogenesis by affecting VEGF signaling pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;102:115-119 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings indicate that Gefitinib is critical for the treatment of retina angiogenesis, which is associated with VEGF/Cyclin E/CDK2/CD31 pathway. ..
- Karpathiou G, Chauleur C, Da Cruz V, Forest F, Peoc h M. Vascular lesions of the female genital tract: Clinicopathologic findings and application of the ISSVA classification. Pathophysiology. 2017;24:161-167 pubmed publisher..The ISSVA classification can be adopted for most of these lesions. WT1 should be best considered as a marker of endothelia with proliferative capacity rather than a marker of neoplastic endothelia. ..
- Orkin S, Michelson A. Partial deletion of the alpha-globin structural gene in human alpha-thalassaemia. Nature. 1980;286:538-40 pubmed
- Williams J, Miller E, Lane M, Atala A, Yoo J, Jordan J. Characterization of CD133 Antibody-Directed Recellularized Heart Valves. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2015;8:411-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, early development of CD133-C constructs includes a fairly rapid transition from a precursor cell adhesion/migration/transdifferentiation phenotype to a more mature cell/native valve-like matrix metabolism phenotype. ..
- Georgescu A. Understanding the functional role of microRNA-214-3p in atherosclerosis for the identification of novel targeted therapies to prevent or reverse endothelial cell dysfunction and stimulate autophagy. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2017;: pubmed publisher..All rights reserved...
- Fortuna T, González A, Sa M, Andrade Z, Reis S, Medrado A. Effect of 670?nm laser photobiomodulation on vascular density and fibroplasia in late stages of tissue repair. Int Wound J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..VEGF+ cells were present in both experimental groups, and VEGF appeared to influence fibroplasia in the treated group...
- Hoganson D, Cooper D, Rich K, Piekarski B, Gui L, Gaut J, et al. Flow Preservation of Umbilical Vein for Autologous Shunt and Cardiovascular Reconstruction. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Preserved autologous umbilical veins are potential source for endothelialized shunts or cardiovascular repair tissue for neonates. ..
- Tuleta I, FranÃ§a C, Wenzel D, Fleischmann B, Nickenig G, Werner N, et al. Intermittent Hypoxia Impairs Endothelial Function in Early Preatherosclerosis. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;858:1-7 pubmed publisher..control in advanced preatherosclerosis. We conclude that hypoxia aggravates endothelial dysfunction and destruction in early preatherosclerosis. ..
- Yuan X, Han L, Fu P, Zeng H, Lv C, Chang W, et al. Cinnamaldehyde accelerates wound healing by promoting angiogenesis via up-regulation of PI3K and MAPK signaling pathways. Lab Invest. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Such a small non-peptide molecule may have clinical applications for promoting therapeutic angiogenesis in chronic diabetic wounds and myocardial infarction. ..
- Ricchi P, Ammirabile M, Spasiano A, Costantini S, Di Matola T, Cinque P, et al. Hypocholesterolemia in adult patients with thalassemia: a link with the severity of genotype in thalassemia intermedia patients. Eur J Haematol. 2009;82:219-22 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that, independently from single genotype involved, the reduced level of cholesterol in patients with TI are sustained by active erythropoiesis which increases cholesterol requirement. ..
- Olekson M, Faulknor R, Bandekar A, Sempkowski M, Hsia H, Berthiaume F. SDF-1 liposomes promote sustained cell proliferation in mouse diabetic wounds. Wound Repair Regen. 2015;23:711-23 pubmed publisher..SDF-1 liposomes may increase the performance of a variety of decellularized matrices used in tissue engineering. ..
- Lotz J, Hoffmann F, Lotz J, Heldmann S, Trede D, Oetjen J, et al. Integration of 3D multimodal imaging data of a head and neck cancer and advanced feature recognition. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1865:946-956 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: MALDI Imaging, edited by Dr. Corinna Henkel and Prof. Peter Hoffmann. ..
- Thurber A, Nelson M, Frost C, Levin M, Brackenbury W, Kaplan D. IK channel activation increases tumor growth and induces differential behavioral responses in two breast epithelial cell lines. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42382-42397 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IK activity is sufficient to promote cell aggression in vivo. Our data provide novel evidence supporting IK and downstream signaling networks as potential targets for cancer therapies. ..
- Wang Z, Han Z, Tao J, Wang J, Liu X, Zhou W, et al. Transforming Growth Factor-?1 Induces Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition via Akt Signaling Pathway in Renal Transplant Recipients with Chronic Allograft Dysfunction. Ann Transplant. 2016;21:775-783 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS EndMT was observed in kidney tissues from RTRs with CAD, and TGF-?1 can induce the process of EndMT in both time-dependent and does-dependent manners through the Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Costa F, Sonati M, Zago M. Hemoglobin Stanleyville II (alpha 78 Asn----Lys) is associated with a 3.7-kb alpha-globin gene deletion. Hum Genet. 1991;86:319-20 pubmed..The pattern of restriction fragments with the enzymes BamHI and BglII demonstrated that the alpha globin variant is associated with a 3.7-kb alpha-globin gene deletion. ..
- Wajcman H, Kister J, Riou J, Galacteros F, Girot R, Maier Redelsperger M, et al. Hb Godavari [alpha 95(G2)Pro-->Thr]: a neutral amino acid substitution in the alpha 1 beta 2 interface that modifies the electrophoretic mobility of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin. 1998;22:11-22 pubmed..The oxygen affinity of this abnormal hemoglobin was approximately 10% higher than that of Hb A; in the absence of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate, its cooperativity was moderately decreased, suggesting a slightly unstable T state. ..
- Liu J, Ou C, Wang L, Xiao B, Huang L, Chen L. Detection of three common, deletional alpha-thalassemia determinants in Southern China by a single-tube multiplex polymerase chain reaction method. Hemoglobin. 2004;28:39-44 pubmed..7 and -alpha4.2 was found to be as high as 38.0% among the Li people, and the -alpha4.2 genotype is more frequent than -alpha3.7 in the Li people. No SEA deletions were found in the Li samples. ..
- Charoenkwan P, Taweephon R, Sae Tung R, Thanarattanakorn P, Sanguansermsri T. Molecular and clinical features of Hb H disease in northern Thailand. Hemoglobin. 2005;29:133-40 pubmed
- Khandros E, Weiss M. Protein quality control during erythropoiesis and hemoglobin synthesis. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2010;24:1071-88 pubmed publisher..Information gained from studies of nonerythroid protein aggregation disorders may be exploited to further understand and perhaps treat ?-thalassemia. ..
- Annarapu G, Singhal R, Peng Y, Guchhait P. Inhibition of Hb Binding to GP1b? Abrogates Hb-Mediated Thrombus Formation on Immobilized VWF and Collagen under Physiological Shear Stress. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154276 pubmed publisher..Thus suggesting a probable role of this mechanism in facilitating thrombosis under hemolytic conditions. ..
- Tabana Y, Hassan L, Ahamed M, Dahham S, Iqbal M, Saeed M, et al. Scopoletin, an active principle of tree tobacco (Nicotiana glauca) inhibits human tumor vascularization in xenograft models and modulates ERK1, VEGF-A, and FGF-2 in computer model. Microvasc Res. 2016;107:17-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the antitumor activity of scopoletin may be due to its strong anti-angiogenic effect, which may be mediated by its effective inhibition of ERK1, VEGF-A, and FGF-2. ..
- Christman A, Selvin E, Margolis D, Lazarus G, Garza L. Hemoglobin A1c predicts healing rate in diabetic wounds. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:2121-7 pubmed publisher..JID JOURNAL CLUB ARTICLE: For questions, answers, and open discussion about this article, please go to http://www.nature.com/jid/journalclub. ..
- An S, Lee Y, Neupane S, Jun J, Kim J, Lee Y, et al. Effects of vascular formation during alveolar bone process morphogenesis in mice. Histochem Cell Biol. 2017;148:435-443 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we conclude that specific morphogenesis of the alveolar bone process is closely associated with blood vessel formation. ..
- Schay G, Smeller L, Tsuneshige A, Yonetani T, Fidy J. Allosteric effectors influence the tetramer stability of both R- and T-states of hemoglobin A. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25972-83 pubmed..The results support the global allostery model by showing that conformational changes propagate from the effector binding site to the interdimeric interfaces in both quaternary states. ..
- Jin Z, Zhan T, Tao J, Xu B, Zheng H, Cheng Y, et al. MicroRNA-34a induces transdifferentiation of glioma stem cells into vascular endothelial cells by targeting Notch pathway. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1899-1907 pubmed publisher..The current study highlighted the potential of miR-34a as an inducer in GSCs' transdifferentiation into VECs by targeting Dll1. ..
- Liu X, Huang Y, Jin C, Zhou Y, Chen X, Li J, et al. MicroRNA-370 inhibits the growth and metastasis of lung cancer by down-regulating epidermal growth factor receptor expression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:88139-88151 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that miR-370 may bind to the 3'UTR of EGFR to inhibit EGFR expression and the growth, angiogenesis and metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer by down-regulating the ERK1/2 and AKT signaling...
- Baglioni C. A chemical study of hemoglobin Norfolk. J Biol Chem. 1962;237:69-74 pubmed
- Sarkar A, Banerjee S, Chandra S, Ghosh M, Banerjee D, Choudhury M, et al. A novel 33.3 kb deletion (- -KOL) in the alpha-globin gene cluster: a brief report on deletional alpha-thalassaemia in the heterogeneous eastern Indian population. Br J Haematol. 2005;130:454-7 pubmed..1150 bp upstream of the zeta2 globin gene to c. 960 bp downstream of the theta1 gene. Other deletions present in 120 unrelated, eastern Indian, putative alpha-thalassaemia patients are -3.7 kb (16.25%), -4.2 kb (5%) and - -SEA (3.33%). ..
- Cao Y, Jansen I, Sprangers S, Stap J, Leenen P, Everts V, et al. IL-1Î² differently stimulates proliferation and multinucleation of distinct mouse bone marrow osteoclast precursor subsets. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;100:513-23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the different bone marrow osteoclast precursors are differently stimulated by interleukin 1Î² with respect to proliferation, multinucleation, life span, and bone resorption. ..
- Zhu Y, Qu N, Sun L, Meng X, Li X, Zhang Y. Solitary pulmonary capillary hemangioma presents as ground glass opacity on computed tomography indicating adenocarcinoma in situ/atypical adenomatous hyperplasia: A case report. Biomed Rep. 2017;7:515-519 pubmed publisher..As the prognosis of these lesions is entirely different, a pathological examination must be conducted to ensure a correct diagnosis...
- Blackwell R, Liu C. Hemoglobin G Taichung: alpha-74 Asp leads to His. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1970;200:70-5 pubmed
- Honig G, Vida L, Shamsuddin M, Mason R, Schlumpf H, Luke R. Hemoglobin Milledgeville (alpha 44 (CD2) Pro leads to Leu): a new variant with increased oxygen affinity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1980;626:424-31 pubmed
- Kazanetz E, Leonova J, Wilson J, McMillan S, Walbrecht M, de Pablos Gallego J, et al. Hb Anamosa or alpha 2(111)(G18)Ala-->Val beta 2 (alpha 2 mutation) and Hb Mulhacen or alpha 2(123)(H6)Ala-->Ser beta 2 (alpha 1 mutation) are two silent, stable variants detected by sequencing of amplified DNA. Hemoglobin. 1995;19:1-6 pubmed..The two variants are stable. Sequencing of the amplified alpha 2- and alpha 1-globin genes greatly facilitated the characterization of the two variants. ..
- Park Y, Choi J, Jung H, Kim B, Kim C, Park S, et al. Baicalein inhibits tumor progression by inhibiting tumor cell growth and tumor angiogenesis. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:3011-3018 pubmed publisher..In summary, baicalein reduced tumor progression and metastasis, directly induced tumor cell death, and inhibited tumor angiogenesis. Our results strongly demonstrate that baicalein is a potential chemotherapeutic agent...
- Sansone G, Centa A, Sciarratta V, Gallo E, Lehmann H. Haemoglobin O Indonesia (alpha 116 Glu leads to Lys) in an Italian family. Acta Haematol. 1970;43:40-7 pubmed
- Yodsowan B, Svast J, Srisomsap C, Winichagoon P, Fucharoen S. Hb Siam [alpha15(A13)Gly-->Arg] is a GGT-->CGT mutation in the alpha1-globin gene. Hemoglobin. 2000;24:71-5 pubmed
- Ne Win -, Harano K, Harano T, Kyaw Shwe -, Aye Aye Myint -, Khin Thander Aye -, et al. Hb Constant Spring [alpha 142, Term-->Gln (TAA>CAA in alpha2)] in the alpha-thalassemia of anemic patients in Myanmar. Hemoglobin. 2008;32:454-61 pubmed publisher..The description of the alpha(CS) gene in Myanmar is of great value in the development of an effective procedure for prenatal diagnosis of Hb Bart's hydrops fetalis syndrome. ..
- Jia L, Zhang W, Ma Y, Chen B, Liu Y, Piao C, et al. Haplodeficiency of Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated Accelerates Heart Failure After Myocardial Infarction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..The present study shows that ATM haplodeficiency decreases fibroblast senescence and vascular endothelial growth factor production and impaired angiogenesis in response to MI, leading to accelerated heart failure. ..
- Chen F, Zhang H, Wang Z, Ding W, Zeng Q, Liu W, et al. Adipose-Derived Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes Ameliorate Erectile Dysfunction in a Rat Model of Type 2 Diabetes. J Sex Med. 2017;14:1084-1094 pubmed publisher..Chen F, Zhang H, Wang Z, et al. Adipose-Derived Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes Ameliorate Erectile Dysfunction in a Rat Model of Type 2 Diabetes. J Sex Med 2017;14:1084-1094. ..
- Bao H, Lv F, Liu T. A pro-angiogenic degradable Mg-poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) implant combined with rhbFGF in a rat limb ischemia model. Acta Biomater. 2017;64:279-289 pubmed publisher..This work marks the first report for controlled release of rhbFGF in combination with metal Mg, and suggests potential therapeutic usefulness of Mg-PLGA-rhbFGF for tissue ischemia. ..
- Angelos M, Abrahante J, Blum R, Kaufman D. Single cell resolution of human hemato-endothelial cells defines transcriptional signatures of hemogenic endothelium. Stem Cells. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a novel strategy to test new genetic targets and optimize the production of definitive hematopoietic cells from human pluripotent stem cells. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Schroeder W, Shelton J, Shelton J, CORMICK J. THE AMINO ACID SEQUENCE OF THE ALPHA CHAIN OF HUMAN FETAL HEMOGLOBIN. Biochemistry. 1963;2:1353-7 pubmed
- Ye B, Zhang Z, Lei Z. Molecular analysis of alpha/beta-thalassemia in a southern Chinese population. Genet Test. 2007;11:75-83 pubmed..The protocol was also flexible, detecting globin gene mutations from different population groups. ..
- Angelini G, Flego D, Vinci R, Pedicino D, Trotta F, Ruggio A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 might affect adaptive immunity in non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndromes by increasing CD31 cleavage on CD4+ T-cells. Eur Heart J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Interestingly, higher serum levels of MMP-9 have been observed in ACS. We aim to investigate the mechanisms underlying CD31 dysregulation in ACS...
- Gajdusek D, Guiart J, Kirk R, Carrell R, Irvine D, Kynoch P, et al. Haemoglobin J Tongariki (alpha-115 alanine--aspartic acid): the first new haemoglobin variant found in a Pacific (Melanesian) population. J Med Genet. 1967;4:1-6 pubmed
- McKay G, Savage D, Patterson C, Lewis G, McKnight A, Maxwell A. Association analysis of dyslipidemia-related genes in diabetic nephropathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58472 pubmed publisher..Analysis in larger independent cohorts is required...
- Trivin C, Metzger M, Haymann J, Boffa J, Flamant M, Vrtovsnik F, et al. Glycated Hemoglobin Level and Mortality in a Nondiabetic Population with CKD. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;10:957-64 pubmed publisher..In a CKD cohort, HbA1c values in the prediabetes range are associated with mortality. Such values should be therefore included among the risk factors for negative outcomes in CKD populations. ..
- Harada Y, Mifune Y, Inui A, Sakata R, Muto T, Takase F, et al. Rotator cuff repair using cell sheets derived from human rotator cuff in a rat model. J Orthop Res. 2017;35:289-296 pubmed publisher..Treatment for rotator cuff injury using cell sheets could be a promising strategy for enthesis of tendon tissue engineering. © 2016 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 35:289-296, 2017. ..
- Su S, Yeh C, Hou Y, Pai M, Yeh S. Dietary glutamine supplementation enhances endothelial progenitor cell mobilization in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice subjected to limb ischemia. J Nutr Biochem. 2017;40:86-94 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that GLN supplementation enhanced circulating EPC mobilization that may promote endothelium repair at ischemic tissue in diabetic mice subjected to limb ischemia. ..
- Morales Hernández A, Nacarino Palma A, Moreno Marín N, Barrasa E, Paniagua Quiñones B, Catalina Fernandez I, et al. Lung regeneration after toxic injury is improved in absence of dioxin receptor. Stem Cell Res. 2017;25:61-71 pubmed publisher..These results support a role for AhR in the regenerative response against toxins, and open the possibility of modulating its activation level to favor recovery from lesions caused by environmental contaminants...
- Tamura R, Ohara K, Sasaki H, Morimoto Y, Yoshida K, Toda M. Histopathological vascular investigation of the peritumoral brain zone of glioblastomas. J Neurooncol. 2018;136:233-241 pubmed publisher..We provide the first clinicopathological evidence that PBZ exhibits unique angiogenic characteristics. These in situ observations will help to elucidate the mechanisms of tumor recurrence. ..
- Charache S, Weatherall D, Clegg J. Polycythemia associated with a hemoglobinopathy. J Clin Invest. 1966;45:813-22 pubmed