Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GSTM1
Description: glutathione S-transferase mu 1
Alias: GST1, GSTM1-1, GSTM1a-1a, GSTM1b-1b, GTH4, GTM1, MU-1, glutathione S-transferase Mu 1, GST HB subunit 4, GST class-mu 1, HB subunit 4, S-(hydroxyalkyl)glutathione lyase, glutathione S-alkyltransferase, glutathione S-aralkyltransferase, glutathione S-aryltransferase, glutathione S-transferase M1
Publications357 found, 100 shown here
- Examination of polymorphic glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes, tobacco smoking and prostate cancer risk among men of African descent: a case-control studyNicole A Lavender
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Louisville UofL, School of Medicine, 500 South Preston Street, Room 1319 Research Tower, UofL Health Science Center, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
BMC Cancer 9:397. 2009..Thus, we evaluated the effects of polymorphic GSTs (M1, T1, and P1) alone and combined with cigarette smoking on PCA susceptibility...
- Polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase M1, T1, P1 and the risk of prostate cancer: a case-control studyMonika Sivoňová
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Comenius University, Jessenius School of Medicine, Martin, Slovakia
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:32. 2009..A further aim of the study was to evaluate polymorphisms in GST also in patients with prostate cancer in order to compare the evaluated proportions with those found in the control subjects...
- Association of glutathione S-transferases polymorphisms (GSTM1 and GSTT1) with senile cataract: a meta-analysisLei Sun
Department of Ophthalmology, Fourth Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:6381-6. 2010..However, the results are not consistent. In this study, the authors conducted a meta-analysis to assess the association between GSTM1 and GSTT1 null genotypes and the risk for senile cataract.
- NAT2 slow acetylation, GSTM1 null genotype, and risk of bladder cancer: results from the Spanish Bladder Cancer Study and meta-analysesMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20852 7234, USA
Lancet 366:649-59. 2005..An exception could be the association between NAT2 slow acetylation, GSTM1 null genotype, and bladder-cancer risk...
- Comprehensive assessment of candidate genes and serological markers for the detection of prostate cancerRobert K Nam
Division of Urology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1429-37. 2003..The GST-T1 and IGF-I polymorphisms demonstrated modest associations with prostate cancer risk. IGF-I levels were not helpful in identifying patients with prostate cancer at the time of biopsy...
- Polymorphism of GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes in prostate cancer: a study from North IndiaR D Mittal
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226 014, India
Indian J Cancer 41:115-9. 2004..The genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes have been studied earlier to evaluate the relative risk of various cancers...
- Polymorphisms at GSTM1 and GSTP1 gene loci and risk of prostate cancer in a South Indian populationK Vijayalakshmi
Department of Human Genetics, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute Deemed University, Chennai 600116, Tamil Nadu, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 6:309-14. 2005..We here assessed the association of GSTM1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms with susceptibility to prostate cancer in a case-control study of 75 patients and 100 age-..
- Maternal smoking, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphism and susceptibility to adverse pregnancy outcomesRegina Grazuleviciene
Vytautas Magnus University, K Donelaicio g 58, LT 44248, Kaunas, Lithuania
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:1282-97. 2009The objective of the study was to investigate the association between maternal smoking, GSTM1, GSTT1 polymorphism, low birth weight (LBW, < 2,500 g) and intra-uterine growth restriction (IUGR, < 2,500 g and gestation > or = 37 ..
- Polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase M1 and T1 and prostate cancer risk in a Tunisian populationYousra Souiden
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hospital of Ibn Eljazzar of Kairouan, avenue Ibn ElJazzar, Kairouan 3140, Tunisia
Cancer Epidemiol 34:598-603. 2010..This study is focused on the polymorphic enzymes glutathione-S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and T1 (GSTT1) that involved in the detoxification of many xenobiotics involved in the etiology of prostate cancer...
- Association of GSTM1T1 genes with COPD and prostate cancer in north Indian populationHitender Thakur
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Mol Biol Rep 38:1733-9. 2011..The objective of the present study was to investigate the role of GSTM1 and GSTT1 null genotypes as risk factors for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and prostate cancer...
- Evaluation of the influence of polymorphic variants CYP1A1 2B, CYP1B1 2, CYP3A4 1B, GSTM1 0, and GSTT1 0 in prostate cancerIara S Rodrigues
Departamento de Biologia Geral, CCB, Londrina, Brazil
Urol Oncol 29:654-63. 2011..In the present study, 5 polymorphic variants were examined in 154 patients with prostate carcinoma and in 154 controls...
- Are GSTM1, GSTT1 and CAG repeat length of androgen receptor gene polymorphisms associated with risk of prostate cancer in Iranian patients?Zahra Ousati Ashtiani
Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
Pathol Oncol Res 17:269-75. 2011We conducted this study to investigate whether CAG repeat length in androgen receptor gene and GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms influence prostate cancer risk in Iranian newly diagnosed cancer patients compared to age-matched BPH group and ..
- Glutathione S-transferase gene polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1) and prostate cancer: a case-control study in Tehran, IranM R Safarinejad
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 14:105-13. 2011We evaluated the relationship between polymorphisms in the glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes and prostate cancer (PCa)...
- Polymorphisms of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 and laryngeal cancer risk: evidence-based meta-analysesWen lei Zhuo
Institute of Cancer, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, 400038 Chongqing, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1081-90. 2009Previous evidence implicates CYP1A1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms as risk factors for various cancers...
- Null genotypes of GSTM1 and GSTT1 contribute to hepatocellular carcinoma risk: evidence from an updated meta-analysisBin Wang
The Third Department of Hepatic Surgery, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Shanghai 200438, China
J Hepatol 53:508-18. 2010..Thus, a meta-analysis was performed to clarify the effects of GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms on HCC risk.
- Influence of glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1 genotypes on larynx cancer risk among Korean smokersY J Hong
Department of Clinical Pathology, Korea Cancer Center Hospital, Seoul
Clin Chem Lab Med 38:917-9. 2000..It is thus conceivable that deficiency in GST activity due to homozygous deletions of the GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes (the null genotypes) may modulate susceptibility to smoking-induced cancers...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha polymorphism associated with increased susceptibility to development of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma in human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 carriersK Tsukasaki
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90024, USA
Cancer Res 61:3770-4. 2001..between susceptibility to ATL and several polymorphisms: the three "decreased-detoxifying" polymorphisms in GSTM1, GSTT1, and CYP1A1, the "proapoptotic" polymorphism in BCL2, and the five "high-production" polymorphisms in tumor ..
- Relationship of tobacco smoking with GSTM1 gene polymorphism in laringeal cancerF Bardakci
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Cumhuriyet University Hospital, Sivas, Turkey
J Cell Mol Med 7:307-12. 2003This paper aimed to analyze the association of polymorphism of GSTM1 0/0 genotype with laryngeal cancer along a hospital based case-control study...
- Glutathione S-transferase M3 (A/A) genotype as a risk factor for oral cancer and leukoplakia among Indian tobacco smokersNilabja Sikdar
Anthropology and Human Genetics Unit, Biological Sciences Division, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
Int J Cancer 109:95-101. 2004..study consisting of 109 leukoplakia and 256 oral cancer patients and 259 controls, genotype frequencies at GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTM3 and GSTP1 loci were determined by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism ..
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in xenobiotic metabolism and lung cancer risk under the age of 60 years. A pooled study of lung cancer patients in Denmark and NorwayHalla Skuladottir
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 48:187-99. 2005..relevant demographic and lifestyle characteristics, and polymorphisms in following genotypes were determined GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1, GPX1, MPO, NQO1 and NAT2...
- Polymorphisms of CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and prostate cancer risk in Turkish populationYavuz Silig
Cumhuriyet University, Science and Art Faculty, Department of Biochemistry, Sivas, Turkey
Cancer Invest 24:41-5. 2006..study, association of the prostate cancer risk with genotype frequencies of the Phase I (CYP1A1) and Phase II (GSTM1 and GSTT1) biotransformation enzymes was investigated in 321 Turkish individuals (152 prostate cancer patients and ..
- Genetic polymorphism at GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene loci and susceptibility to oral cancerA Sharma
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, ICMR, I 7, Noida 201301, Uttar Pradesh, India
Neoplasma 53:309-15. 2006..This study evaluates the influence of genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene loci on susceptibility to oral cancer...
- Evaluating polymorphic status of glutathione-S-transferase genes in blood and tissue samples of prostate cancer patientsRama Devi Mittal
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 7:444-6. 2006..The glutathione S-transferase (GST) enzymes detoxify several carcinogens and genetic polymorphisms in GSTM1, T1, and P1 (Ile105Val) have been reported to be associated with prostate cancer, mainly from blood samples...
- Comprehensive analysis of excision repair complementation group 1, glutathione S-transferase, thymidylate synthase and uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase 1A1 polymorphisms predictive for treatment outcome in patients with advanced gastric cancerBong Gun Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Oncol Rep 22:127-36. 2009..1 months (95% CI, 0.1-6.1 months) and 13.9 months (95% CI, 12.2-15.6 months), respectively. Only the GSTM1 positive genotype exhibited a significantly better time to progression (P=0.023)...
- Polymorphisms in metabolizing enzymes and the risk of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in the Slavic population of the central EuropeP Soucek
National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 57:415-21. 2010..functional polymorphisms in enzymes metabolizing smoke constituents and/or alcohol (CYP2A13, CYP1B1, EPHX1, NQO1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, ADH1B and ADH1C)...
- Association of GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphism with lipid peroxidation in benign prostate hyperplasia and prostate cancer: a pilot studyVivek Kumar
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, University of Delhi, Dilshad Garden, Delhi, India
Dis Markers 30:163-9. 2011..Based on genotyping, subjects were categorized into: GSTM1+/GSTT1+, GSTM1-/GSTT1+, GSTM1+/GSTT1- and GSTM1-/GSTT1-...
- GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, GSTA1 and colorectal cancer risk: a comprehensive meta-analysisKonstantinos P Economopoulos
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Greece
Eur J Cancer 46:1617-31. 2010..Controversy exists about whether GST polymorphisms (GSTM1 null/present genotype, GSTT1 null/present genotype, GSTP1 Ile105Val and GSTA1 *A/*B) represent risk factors for ..
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genetic polymorphisms and the risk of age-related macular degenerationMehmet Guven
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 46:31-7. 2011..To determine the possible effects of glutathione S-transferase (GST) M1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genetic polymorphisms on the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1 and CYP1A1 genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility to esophageal cancer in a French population: different pattern of squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinomaAhmed Abbas
GRECAN EA1772, UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie et Centre Francois Baclesse, Avenue du General Harris, 14076 Caen Cedex 05, France
World J Gastroenterol 10:3389-93. 2004..To evaluate the association between CYP1A1 and GSTs genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and esophageal adenocarcinoma (ADC) in a high risk area of northwest of France...
- Microsomal epoxide hydrolase and glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in relation to laryngeal carcinoma riskJordi To-Figueras
Toxicology Unit, ORL Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Ciutat Sanitaria de Bellvitge, Departament de Salut Publica, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Lett 187:95-101. 2002..epoxide hydrolase gene (EPHX1, 113Tyr-->113His, 139His-->139Arg) and four glutathione S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1) were genotyped in a group of patients with larynx cancer (N=204) and in a group of healthy ..
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 gene but not insulin-like growth factor-2 gene or epidermal growth factor gene is associated with prostate cancerMing Tsung Lai
Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Urol Oncol 23:225-9. 2005..This study suggests that the GST M1 gene, but not the IGF-2 or the EGFR genes, may be a risk factor of developing prostate cancer in Taiwan...
- Association of common copy number variants at the glutathione S-transferase genes and rare novel genomic changes with schizophreniaB Rodriguez-Santiago
Unitat de Genètica, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras CIBERER, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Psychiatry 15:1023-33. 2010..and controls, the combined analysis of gene copy number genotypes at two glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes, GSTM1 (glutathione S-transferase mu 1) (1p13.3) and GSTT2 (glutathione S-transferase theta 2) (22q11...
- Mitochondrial damage in the trabecular meshwork of patients with glaucomaAlberto Izzotti
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 128:724-30. 2010..Oxidative damage plays a major role in glaucoma pathogenesis. Since no environmental risk factor for glaucoma is recognized, we focused our attention on mitochondria, the main endogenous source of reactive oxygen species...
- CYP1A1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 polymorphisms, smoking, and lung cancer risk in a pooled analysis among Asian populationsKyoung Mu Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1120-6. 2008To evaluate the roles of CYP1A1 polymorphisms [Ile 462Val and T 6235C (MspI)] and deletion of GSTM1 and GSTT1 in lung cancer development in Asian populations, a pooled analysis was conducted on 13 existing studies included in Genetic ..
- Identification of three classes of cytosolic glutathione transferase common to several mammalian species: correlation between structural data and enzymatic propertiesB Mannervik
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7202-6. 1985..It is suggested that the similarities of the isoenzymes in a class reflect evolutionary relationships and that the classification applies generally...
- Meta- and pooled analyses of GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 genotypes and risk of head and neck cancerMia Hashibe
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1509-17. 2003Sequence variation in the GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 genes may potentially alter susceptibility to head and neck cancers, although evidence from previous studies has not been consistent...
- Breast cancer risk in premenopausal women is inversely associated with consumption of broccoli, a source of isothiocyanates, but is not modified by GST genotypeChristine B Ambrosone
Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Science, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Nutr 134:1134-8. 2004..of cruciferous vegetables, sources of ITCs, and breast cancer risk, and potential modification of relations by GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes...
- CYP1A1, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, NAT2, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms or their combinations are associated with the increased risk of the laryngeal squamous cell carcinomaMarzena Gajecka
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 32 Strzeszynska, 60 479 Poznan, Poland
Mutat Res 574:112-23. 2005Polymorphisms in the selected genes controlling carcinogen metabolism (CYP1A1, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, NAT2, GSTM1, GSTT1) considered separately or in different combinations, were investigated for an association with tobacco smoke-associated ..
- Phase I and II enzyme polymorphisms as risk factors for Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisL M Bull
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Dis Esophagus 22:571-87. 2009..50, 95% confidence interval [CI] 1.16-1.95; OR(EAC)= 1.20, 95% CI 0.94-1.54). No excess risk was observed with GSTM1 null (OR(BE)= 0.77, 95% CI: 0.56-1.08; OR(EAC)= 1.08, 95% CI: 0.79-1.48), GSTT1 null (OR(BE)= 1.35, 95% CI: 0.91-2...
- The 341C/T polymorphism in the GSTP1 gene is associated with increased risk of oesophageal cancerDongping Li
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, UCT Campus, Anzio Road Observatory 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Genet 11:47. 2010..Genetic polymorphisms in GSTs were investigated in 245 patients and 288 controls samples by PCR-RFLP analysis...
- Dietary isothiocyanates, glutathione S-transferase -M1, -T1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk among Chinese women in SingaporeB Zhao
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:1063-7. 2001..We evaluated the association between dietary isothiocyanate intake, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms, and lung cancer risk in 420 Chinese women: 233 histologically confirmed lung cancer ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome p450 2E1, glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1, and susceptibility to gastric carcinoma in TaiwanMing Shiang Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7 Chung Shan S Rd, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 17:338-43. 2002..and detoxification of N-nitrosamines and related compound, studies on the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of CYP2E1, GSTT1, and GSTM1 and the risk of gastric carcinoma (GC) are few, and the results have been conflicting.
- Relationship between genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes (CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, and NAT2), drinking habits, histological subtypes, and p53 gene point mutations in Japanese patients with gastric cancerShioto Suzuki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Gastroenterol 39:220-30. 2004..Therefore, we studied the relationship between the genetic polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes, drinking habits, histological subtypes, and p53 gene point mutations in Japanese patients with gastric cancer...
- Polymorphisms of GSTP1 and related genes and prostate cancer riskT M Beer
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Oregon, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 5:22-7. 2002..Genotyping of the GSTP1 (Ile105Val), GSTM1 (null), GSTT1 (null) and CYP1A1 (Ile462Val) genes was performed using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based ..
- [Studies of the genes related to lung cancer susceptibility in Nanjing Han population, China]Ge Yu Liang
School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Yi Chuan 26:584-8. 2004..The polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, mEH and NQO1 genes were analyzed by PCRjRFLP assay...
- [Association of genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases M1 with hepatitis beta-related hepatocellular carcinoma]Man hua Zhu
Institute of Infectious Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 34:126-30. 2005..To investigate the association of genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases(GST) M1 with hepatitis beta-related hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Polymorphisms in glutathione-related genes affect methylmercury retentionHipolito M Custodio
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Arch Environ Health 59:588-95. 2004..mercury concentration (EryHg), plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids (PPUFA), and genotype for GCLC, GCLM, GSTA1, GSTM1, GSTP1, and GSTT1 were determined in 365 individuals...
- Susceptibility to oral cancer by genetic polymorphisms at CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 loci among Indians: tobacco exposure as a risk modulatorDevasena Anantharaman
Cancer Research Institute, Advanced Center for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Center, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai 410 208, India
Carcinogenesis 28:1455-62. 2007..This study investigates the role of polymorphisms at CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 to oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) in a case-control study involving 155 patients with precancerous ..
- A case-control study of CYP1A1, GSTT1 and GSTM1 gene polymorphisms, pregnancy smoking and fetal growth restrictionAli Delpisheh
Child and Reproductive Health Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 143:38-42. 2009To determine the role of maternal CYP1A1, GSTT1, and GSTM1 metabolic gene polymorphisms in modulating the association between pregnancy smoking exposure and fetal growth restriction.
- Association studies of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms with esophageal cancer risk: evidence-based meta-analysesWen lei Zhuo
Institute of Cancer, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Arch Med Res 40:169-79. 2009Previous studies have implicated cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1) and glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) polymorphisms as risk factors for various cancers...
- Dietary glucosinolate intake, polymorphisms in selected biotransformation enzymes, and risk of prostate cancerAstrid Steinbrecher
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:135-43. 2010..possible association between glucosinolate intake and prostate cancer risk is modified by polymorphisms in GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTA1, GSTP1, or NOQ1 genes...
- Genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase M1 and bladder cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 26 studiesRonggui Zhang
Department of Urology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, 400010, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:2491-7. 2011Studies investigating the association between glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) polymorphism and bladder cancer risk report conflicting results...
- Is the GSTM1 null polymorphism a risk factor in primary open angle glaucoma?Auta Viviane Rocha
Universidade Estadual de Santa Cruz, Departamento de Ciências da Saúde, Laboratório de Farmacogenômica e Epidemiologia Molecular, Ilheus, Bahia, Brazil
Mol Vis 17:1679-86. 2011To investigate the association of glutathione S-transferase (GST) GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genes with the risk of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and clinical features of the disease.
- GST polymorphisms are associated with hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Chinese populationLei Yu
Department of Infectious Disease, the Fourth Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:3248-56. 2011To investigate the association between GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Chinese population.
- Polymorphisms at GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene loci and susceptibility to cervical cancer in Indian populationA Sharma
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India
Neoplasma 51:12-6. 2004..A multiplex polymerase chain reaction method was used to detect the presence or absence of the GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes in genomic DNA isolated from cases with cervical cancer (n=142) and normal controls (n=96)...
- Genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, p21, p53 and HPV infection with cervical cancer in Korean womenSang Ah Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Gynecol Oncol 93:14-8. 2004The aim of this study was to determine whether GSTM1 or GSTT1 might be associated with risk of cervical cancer development in Korean women...
- Glutathione-S-transferase and p53 polymorphisms in cervical carcinogenesisMasatsugu Ueda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigakumachi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 96:736-40. 2005To investigate the clinical significance of glutathione-S-transferase GSTM1, GSTT1 and p53 codon 72 polymorphisms in cervical carcinogenesis.
- Germline genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes in Indian cervical cancer: associations with tumor progression, age and human papillomavirus infectionThomas Joseph
Department of Molecular Medicine, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, India
Gynecol Oncol 101:411-7. 2006..This study looked into possible relationships among these factors...
- Interaction of passive smoking with GST (GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1) genotypes in the risk of cervical cancer in IndiaR C Sobti
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 166:117-23. 2006..Thus, it is quite possible that polymorphism at detoxifying enzyme coding loci such as GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 may determine susceptibility to cervix cancer...
- Glutathione-S-transferase M1 and T1 genetic polymorphisms and the risk of cataract development: a study in the Turkish populationMehmet Guven
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Eye Res 32:447-54. 2007In this study, we aimed to determine the effects of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and glutathione-S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) on risk of developing different subtypes of age-related cataract in the Turkish ..
- Glutathione-S-transferase polymorphism, metallothionein expression, and mercury levels among students in AustriaClaudia Gundacker
Medical University of Vienna, Center for Public Health, Dept of Ecotoxicology, Waehringer Strasse 10, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Sci Total Environ 385:37-47. 2007..Humans accumulate heavy metals primarily as a result of lifestyle and environmental contamination. However, not all humans experience the estimated individual exposure. This suggests the presence of genetic regulatory mechanisms...
- Polymorphisms for chemical metabolizing genes and risk for cervical neoplasiaCarlos H Sierra-Torres
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, 700 Harborside Drive, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 41:69-76. 2003..that environmental exposure to cigarette smoke and inheritance of polymorphic chemical metabolizing genes (CYP2E1, GSTM1, and mEH) significantly increase the risk for neoplasia...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1 polymorphisms in Arab glaucoma patientsKhaled K Abu-Amero
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Mol Vis 14:425-30. 2008..In humans, GSTT1 and GSTM1 deletion genotypes (T0M1, T1M0, and T0M0) are associated with a variety of pathologic processes including certain ..
- Cigarette smoking and glutathione S-transferase M1 polymorphism associated with risk for uterine cervical cancerKoji Nishino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:994-1001. 2008..To elucidate the role of tobacco smoking and polymorphisms of carcinogen metabolism genes in cervical carcinogenesis...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 polymorphism and sporadic colorectal cancer risk: An updating meta-analysis and HuGE review of 36 case-control studiesYong Gao
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, People s Republic of China
Ann Epidemiol 20:108-21. 2010..The glutathione S-transferase M1 gene (GSTM1) is a particularly attractive candidate for CRC susceptibility because it codes an enzyme involved in the ..
- Analysis of the Glutathione S-transferase M1 gene using pyrosequencing and multiplex PCR--no evidence of association to glaucomaMattias Jansson
Rudbeck Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Uppsala SE 751 85, Sweden
Exp Eye Res 77:239-43. 2003The Glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) gene is reported to be involved in glaucoma, an eye disease with a largely unknown mechanism. The gene is polymorphic and three alleles have been characterized...
- Associations of MTHFR DNMT3b 4977 bp deletion in mtDNA and GSTM1 deletion, and aberrant CpG island hypermethylation of GSTM1 in non-obstructive infertility in Indian menVarinderpal S Dhillon
CSIRO Human Nutrition, Adelaide, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 13:213-22. 2007Methylenetetrahydrofolate (MTHFR) and DNMT3b play imperative roles in DNA synthesis and de novo methylation. GSTM1 is involved in detoxification of carcinogens...
- An updating meta-analysis of the GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms and prostate cancer: a HuGE reviewZengnan Mo
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, People s Republic of China
Prostate 69:662-88. 2009It has been postulated that individuals with GSTM1, GSTT1 deficiency and, GSTP1 (105Ile/Val transition) have increased susceptibility to carcinogens and are more likely to develop prostate cancer...
- GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and GSTA1 polymorphisms and urinary isothiocyanate metabolites following broccoli consumption in humansSusan E Steck
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Nutr 137:904-9. 2007..DNA was extracted from blood samples, and GSTM1 deletion, GSTT1 deletion, GSTP1 Ile105Val, and GSTA1*A/*B were genotyped by matrix-assisted laser desorption/..
- The GSTP1 gene is a susceptibility gene for childhood asthma and the GSTM1 gene is a modifier of the GSTP1 geneFumiaki Kamada
Department of Medical Genetics, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 144:275-86. 2007..Several studies have shown that the GSTP1 geneis involved in the pathogenesis of asthma and a gene-gene interaction may occur within the GST gene superfamily...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1, and P1 genotypes and rheumatoid arthritisBo Ra Yun
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, and the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
J Rheumatol 32:992-7. 2005..To determine the effects of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase (GST) M1, GSTT1, and GSTP on risk and severity of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in a Korean population...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1 and P1 polymorphisms: susceptibility and outcome in lung cancer patientsLeelakumari Sreeja
Division of Cancer Research, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum 695011, India
J Exp Ther Oncol 7:73-85. 2008..We investigated whether genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1 genes modulated lung cancer risk and affect survival among lung cancer patients...
- Contribution of the NQO1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms to lung adenocarcinoma susceptibilityNoriaki Sunaga
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:730-8. 2002..the metabolism of carcinogens or in the repair of damaged DNA in lung cells, NQO1-Pro187Ser, GSTT1-positive/null, GSTM1-positive/null, CYP1A1-Ile462Val, and OGG1-Ser326Cys, were examined for association with lung adenocarcinoma risk ..
- Urinary 1-hydroxypyrene level relative to vehicle exhaust exposure mediated by metabolic enzyme polymorphismsChun Yu Chuang
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
J Occup Health 49:140-51. 2007..05 vs. 0.07 +/- 0.03 micromol/mol creatinine). The subjects with the m1/m2 or m2/m2 genotype of CYP1A1 MspI or GSTM1 deficiency had significantly higher urinary 1-OHP levels than those with other CYP1A1 MspI and GSTM1 genotypes...
- Association study between glutathione S-transferase GST-M1, GST-T1, and GST-P1 polymorphisms and tardive dyskinesiaSeung Gul Kang
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:55-60. 2009..In the present study, we investigated the hypothesis that polymorphisms in genes for these detoxifying enzymes can influence susceptibility to TD in patients with schizophrenia...
- Influence of some detoxification enzyme polymorphisms on cytogenetic biomarkers between individuals exposed to very low doses of 1,3-butadieneNenad Bukvic
Department of Internal and Public Medicine, Section of Medical Genetics, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Occup Environ Med 51:811-21. 2009..To evaluate the variation of some biomarkers related to the level of enzymatic activity dependent on the different polymorphisms...
- Polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase mu 1, theta 1, and pi 1 genes and prognosis in Hodgkin lymphomaGustavo J Lourenco
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leuk Lymphoma 51:2215-21. 2010We examined the influence of the glutathione S-transferase mu 1 (GSTM1), theta 1 (GSTT1), and pi 1 (GSTP1) polymorphisms, which are involved in the metabolism of alkylating agents and anthracyclines, on the outcome of patients with ..
- Glutathione-S-transferase M1, obesity, statins, and autonomic effects of particles: gene-by-drug-by-environment interactionJoel Schwartz
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1529-33. 2005..Air pollution by particulate matter (PM) has been associated with cardiovascular deaths, although the mechanism of action is unclear. One proposed pathway is through disturbances of the autonomic control of the heart...
- CYP1A1, CYP2E1 and GSTM1 genetic polymorphisms. The effect of single and combined genotypes on lung cancer susceptibility in Chilean peopleL Quinones
Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Environmental Toxicology and School of Public Health, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Cancer Lett 174:35-44. 2001CYP1A1, CYP2E1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms were evaluated in Chilean healthy controls and lung cancer patients...
- A population-based study of glutathione S-transferase M1, T1 and P1 genotypes and risk for lung cancerValle Nazar-Stewart
Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Lung Cancer 40:247-58. 2003A deletion polymorphism for glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) has been related to risk for lung cancer among smokers in some studies but not in others...
- Genetic susceptibility and dietary patterns in lung cancerYa Yu Tsai
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Lung Cancer 41:269-81. 2003..16, 95%CI: 0.04-0.57). Among smokers who were GSTM1 null, persons with a healthy dietary pattern were at lower risk than persons with an unhealthy dietary pattern (OR:..
- Association of the NAD(P)H: quinone oxidoreductase C609T polymorphism and the risk of cervical cancer in Japanese subjectsYoshimitsu Niwa
Department of Preventive Medicine Biostatistics and Medical Decision Making, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 96:423-9. 2005In this study, genetic polymorphisms, NQO1 C609T, GSTM1 positive/null, and GSTT1 positive/null, were examined with reference to cervical cancer risk in a population-based incident case-control study in Japanese.
- Association of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTM3 gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to cervical cancer in a North Indian populationHariom Singh
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:303.e1-6. 2008The objective of the study was to evaluate the influence of genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTM3 on the susceptibility of cervical cancer.
- High-throughput genotyping of copy number variation in glutathione S-transferases M1 and T1 using real-time PCR in 20,687 individualsMarianne S Nørskov
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, KB 3011, Section for Molecular Genetics, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Clin Biochem 42:201-9. 2009..We report an optimized method for the determination of copy number variation (CNV) in GST genes...
- Association of NAT2, GSTM1, GSTT1, CYP2A6, and CYP2A13 gene polymorphisms with susceptibility and clinicopathologic characteristics of bladder cancer in Central ChinaDong Kui Song
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, 40 Daxue Road, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Cancer Detect Prev 32:416-23. 2009....
- GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms and nasopharyngeal cancer risk: an evidence-based meta-analysisXianlu Zhuo
Department of Otolaryngology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:46. 2009Previous evidence implicates polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1, candidates of phase II enzymes, as risk factors for various cancers...
- Genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferases and disease activity of rheumatoid arthritisP Bohanec Grabar
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Clin Exp Rheumatol 27:229-36. 2009Glutathione S-transferases (GST); GST-mu1 (GSTM1), GST-pi1 (GSTP1) and GST-theta1 (GSTT1) have peroxidase activity towards cytotoxic metabolites produced in inflammatory reactions, the main feature of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Gene-smoking interaction on colorectal adenoma and cancer risk: review and meta-analysisSara Raimondi
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Mutat Res 670:6-14. 2009..the evidence from the literature on the interaction of smoking with the five most studied gene polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, mEH3, mEH4, NAT2)...
- NAD(P)H: Quinone oxidoreductase 1, glutathione S-transferase M1, environmental tobacco smoke exposure, and childhood asthmaYu Fen Li
Institute of Environmental Health, China Medical University, 91 Hsieh Shih Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Mutat Res 678:53-8. 2009..To investigate the genetic and environmental associations with asthma, GSTM1 and NQO1 functional polymorphisms and ETS were analyzed in a two-staged cross-sectional study among elementary ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in genes encoding antioxidant enzymes are associated with diabetic retinopathy in type 1 diabetesTinka Hovnik
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, University Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Diabetes Care 32:2258-62. 2009..We investigated polymorphic markers in genes encoding enzymes regulating production of reactive oxygen species in association with diabetic retinopathy or diabetic nephropathy...
- GSTT1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisTheodoros N Sergentanis
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:195-202. 2010Cytosolic glutathione S-transferase comprises multiple isoenzymes; studies have principally examined mu-1 (GSTM1: null/present), theta-1 (GSTT1: null/present) and pi-1 (GSTP1 Ile105Val) gene polymorphisms concerning breast cancer risk...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 null genotype associated with gastric cancer among AsiansHong Wang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
Dig Dis Sci 55:1824-30. 2010..Studies investigating the association between Glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) null genotype and gastric cancer risk report conflicting results...
- The glutathione-S-transferase Mu 1 null genotype modulates ozone-induced airway inflammation in human subjectsNeil E Alexis
Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology, UNC School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7310, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:1222-1228.e5. 2009The glutathione-S-transferase Mu 1 (GSTM1) null genotype has been reported to be a risk factor for acute respiratory disease associated with increases in ambient air ozone levels...
- Meta-analysis study of glutathione-S-transferases (GSTM1, GSTP1, and GSTT1) gene polymorphisms and risk of acute myeloid leukemiaPrabhavathy Das
Mahavir Hospital and Research Centre, Masab tank, Andhra Pradesh, India
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1345-51. 2009..Overall, the random-effects OR with GSTM1 null genotype, GSTP1 Val105 allele and GSTT1 null genotype were 1.30 (95% confidence intervals (CI) 1.04-1...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 polymorphism and breast cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis involving 46,281 subjectsLi Xin Qiu
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:703-8. 2010Published data on the association between present/null polymorphism of glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and breast cancer risk are inconclusive. To derive a more precise estimation of the relationship, a meta-analysis was performed...
- Interaction between glutathione-S-transferase polymorphisms, smoking habit, and HPV infection in cervical cancer riskSelena Palma
Section Toxicology and Biomedical Sciences, C R ENEA Casaccia, Via Anguillarese 301, 00123 Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1101-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether some GST polymorphisms could influence the risk to develop CC, either by themselves or in combination with smoking habit, in a cohort of high-risk HPV (HR-HPV) infected Italian women...
- Role of glutathione S-transferase Mu-1 (GSTM1) polymorphism in oligospermic infertile malesG Tirumala Vani
Institute of Genetics and Hospital for Genetic Diseases, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
Andrologia 42:213-7. 2010The aim of this study was to examine whether an association exists between glutathione S-transferase Mu-1 (GSTM1) gene polymorphism and idiopathic male infertility...
- GSTM1 polymorphism, GSTT1 polymorphism, and cervical cancer risk: a meta-analysisKonstantinos P Economopoulos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aretaieio University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:1576-80. 2010A debate exists about whether glutathione S-transferase (GST) polymorphisms (GST mu-1 [GSTM1] null/present genotype and GST theta-1 [GSTT1] null/present genotype) confer additional risk for cervical cancer...
- Pooled analysis and meta-analysis of glutathione S-transferase M1 and bladder cancer: a HuGE reviewLawrence S Engel
Occupational Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Am J Epidemiol 156:95-109. 2002Smoking is a known risk factor for bladder cancer. The product of the GSTM1 gene, glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), is involved in the detoxification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons found in tobacco smoke; a homozygous deletion ..
- Association of NAT and GST polymorphisms with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a population-based case-control studyBrian C H Chiu
Department of Preventive Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 4402, USA
Br J Haematol 128:610-5. 2005..4; 0.8-2.4). There was no association with the GSTM1 or GSTT1 null genotype in either sex, irrespective of histological subtypes...
- Antioxidant gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to a rapid decline in lung function in smokersJian Qing He
UBC McDonald Research Laboratories iCAPTURE Center, St Paul s Hospital, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6Z 1Y6 Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:323-8. 2002..We hypothesized that polymorphisms of antioxidant genes glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), GSTT1, GSTP1, and heme oxygenase-1 (HMOX1) would be associated with susceptibility to accelerated decline of ..
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose a randomized crossover feeding trial to identify effects of CYP1A2C734A genotypes and variants of GSTM1 and GSTT1 and cruciferous and apiaceous (i.e...
- Ozone Cardiovascular Effects in Genetically Susceptible PeopleMARK WALTER FRAMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Further, subjects with genetic polymorphisms conferring reduced function in glutathione transferase M1 (GSTM1) or nuclear factor erythroid 2- related factor 2 (Nrf2), key regulators of antioxidant defenses, will show ..
- Randomized trial of PEITC as a modifier of NNK metabolism in smokersJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2012..M1 null-null or GSTT1 null-null genotype, and is particularly evident among those with the null genotypes of both GSTM1 and GSTT1. No protective effect was found among subjects with GSTM1-positive or GSTT1-positive genotype...
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2009..serum GST-[unreadable], and serum bilirubin (UGT1A1 activity);2) To compare the enzyme responses to diet by GSTM1 genotype (GSTM1+ and GSTM1null);3) To compare responses to diet between East Asian and Caucasian participants;and ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Factors in Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (PCT)Karl Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..DNA samples will be prepared from patients and controls and genotyped for specific CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms, and the results analyzed as related to phenotype (e.g...
- Thu H Le; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have identified the null variant of the GSTM1 gene, a member of the Nrf2 antioxidant pathway, as a modifier of hypertensive kidney disease progression...
- Investigating gene x environment interaction using human exposures to O3 & LPSDavid B Peden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recruitment will initially be focused on the null and sufficient glutathione-S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) genotype and null vs...
- Epidemiological Research on Autism in JamaicaMohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will assess the role of select polymorphisms in glutathione-S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1), and their potential interactions with these heavy metals in relation to ASD...
- Mohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, we will assess the role of select polymorphisms in GST genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1), and their potential interactions with these OCs in relation to ASD...
- Beverly H Koller; Fiscal Year: 2014..families, with the majority of genetic studies focused on polymorphisms in GSTP1, a member of the pi family and GSTM1 and GSTT1, members of the mu and theta families...
- Michelle Hernandez; Fiscal Year: 2014..Healthy volunteers lacking the antioxidant enzyme, Glutathione S Transferase Mu 1 (GSTM1), suffered from increased neutrophilic airway inflammation after chamber exposure to 0...
- Glutathione S-Transferase Functions in ChemopreventionAlan Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2009..these investigations with our existing single-and dual-transfected V79 cell lines that stably express human GSTP1, GSTM1, or GSTA1, alone and also in combination with human P450-1A1 or-1B1, with addition of -1A2...
- ORAL CANCER--DNA POLYMORPHISMS IN CARCINOGEN METABOLISMStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- GLUTATHIONE S-TRANSFERASE M AND CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITYMARGIE CLAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2000..These findings will provide a basis for the development of new strategies for modulating detoxification enzyme activity and increasing cellular protection in individuals at increased risk for cancer. ..
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons And Male Reproductive HealthHUEIWANG ANNA COOK JENG; Fiscal Year: 2010..coke-oven workers'sperm quality, quantify PAH biomarker levels, and detect allelic variants in CYP1A1 and GSTM1 genes. Urine samples will be collected for determining PAH internal exposure levels...
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., CYP3A5, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1);anthracyclines (i.e., CYP3A5, MDR1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1) and antimetabolites (i.e...
- Disruption of Glutathione S-Transferase M1 in MiceMARGIE CLAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The absence of the GSTM1 gene, a member of the n class of GSTs, in approximately half of the population has raised significant debate ..
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- David B Peden; Fiscal Year: 2016..production by airway cells, with both nutritional and genetically defined antioxidant deficiencies (such as the GSTM1 null genotype) being associated with increased risk for pollutant-induced asthma exacerbation...
- In vivo effects of sulforaphane supplementation on normal human prostateDaniel W Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..extract affects pathways associated with development and/or early progression of prostate cancer and (2) whether GSTM1 genotype modifies responses to the high- sulforaphane broccoli sprout extract...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF INFANT LEUKEMIAJulie Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..MLL infant leukemia; b) obtain DNA from infant cases to investigate genetic polymorphisms (including NQ01, MTHFR, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTPi, MPO, COMT, IGF1) associated with infant leukemia; c) obtain DNA from case mothers and investigate ..
- DIET AND GENETIC RISKS FOR LUNG CANCERRuth Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., CYP2D6, CYP2El, CYP1Al, GSTM1, GSTT1, and EH)...
- GST, ENVIRONMENT FACTORS AND BREAST CANCER RISKTongzhang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2000..proposed case-control study is to examine the association between genetic variability in three major GSTs, namely, GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 and the susceptibility to breast cancer...
- Molecular Analysis of Esophageal Cancer SurvivalMatthew Kulke; Fiscal Year: 2007..of examining the association between overall survival and the presence of specific genetic polymorphisms (GSTP1, GSTM1, GSTT1, CYP1A1, CYP3A5, p53, XRCC1 and ERCC2) in patients with esophageal cancer...
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..whether the cardiovascular effects of As exposure differ by polymorphisms in genes related to As methylation (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTO1, GSTP1, MTHFR, and AS3MT genes) and genes related to oxidative stress (NOS3, SOD2, and CYBA) and ..
- Children's Environmental Health CenterFrank D Gilliland; Fiscal Year: 2010..airway inflammation? 4) Do levels of expression or polymorphic variants of genes in antioxidant pathways such as GSTM1 confer special airway sensitivity to air pollution? 5) Which pollutants are responsible for the effects we see? 6) ..
- Cardiovascular Effects of Ultrafine Particles in Genetically Susceptible SubjectsMark W Frampton; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will study 3 groups of 12 subjects each, with differing genotypes as follows: 1) GSTM1 null, 2) Nrf2 -617A/C, and 3) "wild type" for both genes (GSTM1+ and Nrf2 -617C/C)...
- BISPHENOL A LEVELS and ENDOMETRIOSIS RISK IN REPRODUCTIVE-AGE WOMENVictoria L Holt; Fiscal Year: 2012..that collected in-person interview, dietary intake assessment, anthropometric measurement, polymorphic gene (GSTM1, COMT) data and the two-year ancillary study (V...
- Oxidative Stress, DNA Repair & Colorectal Adenoma RiskMichael Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2009..of potentially pro- oxidant iron intake), and genotyping for polymorphisms of five antioxidant genes (GSTT1, GSTM1, MnSOD, EC-SOD, and GPX1) and five arachidonic acid-metabolizing genes (COX-2, LOX-5, LOX-12, LOX15 and PPAR-y)...
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT EFFECTS AND COLON ADENOMASHenry Lin; Fiscal Year: 2000..The project will characterize polymorphic genes for NAT1, NAT2, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTT1, PGHS-1, PGHS-2, and cPLA2 in all subjects...
- Pharmacogenetics: Breast Cancer Treatment and PrognosisChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2005..to controlling cancer cell death, and those in the secondary line of defense against products of oxidative stress (GSTM1, GSTT1), may also impact disease-free survival after treatment for breast cancer...
- Exploring Gene-Environment Factors in Child Brain TumorsBeth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2004..and other chemicals into cancer-causing intermediates; 2) Glutathione S-transferase (GST) (GSTP1, GSTT1, and GSTM1), which code for Phase II enzymes that detoxify organochlorine pesticides, nitrosoureas, CYP-activated ..
- REPRODUCTIVE/CONTRACEPTIVE RISK FACTORS & ENDOMETRIOSISVictoria Holt; Fiscal Year: 2005..and other characteristics; dietary and anthropometric measurements; and values of 4 genetic polymorphisms (GSTM1, COMT, CYP1A1, CYP1A2) will be combined with additional interview information to be collected between 48-84 months ..
- Busulfan conditioning: optimization, kinetics, genomicsKoen Van Besien; Fiscal Year: 2007..3.To evaluate the effect of GSTA1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms and enzyme levels on kinetics and toxicity of BU...
- Metabolic Polymorphisms and Survival from Brain TumorsMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine the frequencies of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms in 350 cases by polymerase chain reaction and restriction fragment length ..
- ENDOMETRIAL CANCER AND CYP1A1, GSTM1 AND POLYMORPHISMSNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 1999..The genes of interest are: cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1), glutathione-S-transferases M1 (GSTM1) and T1 (GSTT1), and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT)...
- Validation of Biomarkers in Humans Exposed to PAHsQingshan Qu; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the polymorphisms of genes, including CYP1A1, microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH), GSTM1, and p53 genes, will be identified to assess gene-environment interactions...
- Adenocarinoma of the Lung in WomenAnn Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Several studies have shown that DNA adducts, p53 mutations, CYP1A1 expression in the lung, and GSTM1 null genotypes are more frequent in females than in males...
- ETS Exposure and Genetics: Youth at Risk for CV DiseaseMartha Tingen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific candidate genes involved in these biotransformation reactions include CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and CYP2A6...
- PHARMACOGENETIC DETERMINANTS OF FETAL SOMATIC MUTATIONMarjorie Romkes; Fiscal Year: 2002..polymorphic enzymes involved in the metabolism of chemicals found in cigarette smoke, specifically CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, NAT1*, and NAT2*...
- BAYESIAN BIOMARKER MODELS FOR CANCER GENETICS STUDIESSARAH THURSTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..biomarker of smoking exposure), and genes associated with adduct formation and DNA repair (including CYP1A1 MSP1, GSTM1 and XRCC1). Currently the study has 2800 subjects, approximately half of whom are cases...
- Chronic respiratory effects of early life PM exposureKirk Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..Variation in the genotypes of key antioxidant enzymes (e.g., GSTM1 and GSTP1) may help to identify which children are more susceptible to the effects of inhaled PM on respiratory ..
- Pancreas cancer analysis-SF Bay Area case-control studyELIZABETH HOLLY; Fiscal Year: 2005..PC; and 2) to evaluate the relationships between factors in Aim 1 and previously determined polymorphisms (GSTT1, GSTM1, CYPIA1, XRCC1). Detailed data were collected for this study about each factor of interest...
- Prostate Microenvironmental & Prostate Cancer ProgressionJune Chan; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. lycopene, total carotenoids, alpha- &gamma- tocopherol, and selenium) and genotypes (i.e. MnSOD, GPX1, GSTM1, GSTT1, XRCC1, OGG1) are associated with: (Aim 1) prostate cancer clinical phenotype: (Aim 2) prostate tumor ..
- Determinants of Breast Cancer SurvivalMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2006..in genes that modulate host sensitivity to therapeutic agents, including the glutathione sulfotransferase (GSTpi, GSTM1, GSTT1); enzymes important in defending against chemical injury by catalyzing conjugation of reactive ..
- BIOMARKERS OF GENETIC DAMAGE AND ANTIOXIDANTFrederica Perera; Fiscal Year: 2001..Once validated in this model population, these biomarkers would also have applicability in evaluating interventions in occupational cohorts and other populations highly exposed to carcinogens. ..
- LUNG CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION WITH CELECOXIB IN EX-SMOKERSJenny Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..fluid, expression of Cox-2, EGFR, p27,p16, bcl-2, apoptosis index, cyclin D1 and E, GSTP1 methylation, GSTP1, GSTM1 and CYP1A1 polymorphisms, P53 polymorphisms and p16 methylation; 2) regulation of arachidonic acid metabolism; 3) ..
- Genes, OP Pesticides, and Reproductive HealthScott Venners; Fiscal Year: 2007..both to metabolism of organophosphate pesticide and endocrine function including: CYP3A4, PON1, PON2, PON3, GSTM1, BCHE, ESR1, GnRHR LHCGR, and FSHR. Dr...
- Microarray-based genotyping for studying susceptibility to mesotheliomaStefano Landi; Fiscal Year: 2007..For example, previous studies showed a higher risk for people with GSTM1 null genotype and NAT2 slow acetylators The aim of the present project is to dissect the influence of genes in the ..
- Using Tobacco Biomarkers to Improve Smoking Cessation RatesStephen Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009..influence racial differences in DNA adducts, we will explore whether polymorphisms in 4 candidate genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and NAT2) modify the relationship between African American race and WBC DNA adducts...
- COHORT STUDY OF GENETIC MARKERS IN COLON CANCERDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2005..genes the investigators will assay are N-acetyltransferase 2, N-acetyltransferase 1, glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and CYP1A1...
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..chosen for study include methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), Glutathione-S-transferase (GST), GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, Cytochrome P-450 (CYP) CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine DNA ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Myelodysplastic SyndromesSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2002..markers associated with activation and detoxification of chemical carcinogens (CYP2E1, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1, NQO1, and MPO)...
- ENVIRONMENTAL RISK FACTORS AND BREAST CANCER IN MARYLANDKathy Helzlsouer; Fiscal Year: 1993..carcinogenic exposures (organochlorine compounds), a potential susceptibility factor (Glutathione S Transferase (GSTM1 genotype), and protective factors (antioxidants) on the risk of breast cancer...
- Gene-gene interaction in nasopharyngeal carcinomaYIN YAO; Fiscal Year: 2005..stability and function of 5 CYP genes (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, CYP1B1) and a few other polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, NQO1, NAT1 and NAT2) contribute to the development of NPC and to test for the interaction with high risk ..
- MOLECULAR MARKERS OF ORAL CANCER RISKPhilip Lazarus; Fiscal Year: 2000..The most well-defined correlation for susceptibility to tobacco-induced cancers is the null GSTM1 genotype and lung cancer...
- GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO CANCER IN MULTIETHNIC COHORTSBrian Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, this proposal will investigate polymorphisms in candidate genes (NAT2, GSTM1, CYP1A1, SRD5A2, AR, EDH17B2, CYP17, and ER), that might alter metabolism of relevant endogenous or exogenous ..
- SUSCEPTIBILITY TO MOLECULAR ALTERATION: EPITHELIAL CELLSCharles Powell; Fiscal Year: 2003..Polymorphisms of CYP1A1 and GSTM1 and dietary intake of vitamins and carotenoids will be characterized...
- Carcinogen Metabolism Enzyme Expression in Buccal CellsSIMON SPIVACK; Fiscal Year: 2003..gene expression of a panel of carcinogen metabolizing enzymes in buccal mucosa, including Ahr, ER, CYP1B1, CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1, NQO1...
- TOBACCO METABOLISM GENES AND GASTRIC CANCERAnna Wu; Fiscal Year: 1999..we will test the hypotheses that the risk of gastric cancer is increased among individuals who: a) possess the GSTM1 null, the GSTT1 null and/or the GSTP1 GG genotypes; and b) carry mutant CYP1A1 alleles...
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT INTERACTIONS: THE ODYSSEY COHORTSandra Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2003..metabolize nutrients and hormones (MTHFR, VDR, CYP17, CYP1B1, COMT, CYP3A4 ); 2) metabolize carcinogens (ADH, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, NAT1 and NAT2, NOS, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, EH); and 3) control DNA repair processes (XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD)...
- Genetic epidemiology of glutathione and CF lung diseaseEDWARD MCKONE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A Genome-wide Association Study of Childhood Respiratory OutcomesWILLIAM GAUDERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..with ozone, particulate matter, traffic exposure, or passive tobacco smoke), and gene-gene interaction (with GSTM1) in the search for new genetic variants...
- Alpha-1 AD Carriers and Lung Cancer RiskPing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..