Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FKBP1B
Description: FK506 binding protein 1B
Alias: FKBP12.6, FKBP1L, OTK4, PKBP1L, PPIase, peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP1B, 12.6 kDa FK506-binding protein, 12.6 kDa FKBP, FK506 binding protein 1B, 12.6 kDa, FK506-binding protein 12.6, FKBP-12.6, FKBP-1B, PPIase FKBP1B, calstabin 2, h-FKBP-12, immunophilin FKBP12.6, rotamase
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Rios Covian D, Sanchez B, Martinez N, Cuesta I, Hernández Barranco A, de los Reyes Gavilan C, et al. A proteomic approach towards understanding the cross talk between Bacteroides fragilis and Bifidobacterium longum in coculture. Can J Microbiol. 2016;62:623-8 pubmed publisher..This study provides mechanistic data to deepen our understanding of the interaction between Bacteroides and Bifidobacterium intestinal populations. ..
- Bonner J, Boulianne G. Diverse structures, functions and uses of FK506 binding proteins. Cell Signal. 2017;38:97-105 pubmed publisher..FKBPs show peptidylprolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase) activity and have been shown to affect a wide range of cellular processes including protein folding, receptor ..
- Hu Y, Romão E, Vertommen D, Vincke C, Morales Yánez F, Gutierrez C, et al. Generation of Nanobodies against SlyD and development of tools to eliminate this bacterial contaminant from recombinant proteins. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;137:64-76 pubmed publisher..Both methods allow us to prepare a recombinant protein sample where the SlyD contaminant was quantitatively eliminated. ..
- Rebbeck R, Nitu F, Rohde D, Most P, Bers D, Thomas D, et al. S100A1 Protein Does Not Compete with Calmodulin for Ryanodine Receptor Binding but Structurally Alters the Ryanodine Receptor·Calmodulin Complex. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:15896-907 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CaM and S100A1 can concurrently bind to and functionally modulate RyR1 and RyR2, but this does not involve direct competition at the RyR CaM binding site. ..
- Rangu M, Ye Z, Bhatti S, Zhou S, Yang Y, Fish T, et al. Association of Proteomics Changes with Al-Sensitive Root Zones in Switchgrass. Proteomes. 2018;6: pubmed publisher..apical 1-cm root apex tissues were clustered into 25 biological pathways; proteins involved in the cell cycle (rotamase FKBP 1 isoforms, and CDC48 protein) were all at a reduced abundance level compared to the non-treated control ..
- Geisler M, Kolukisaoglu H, Bouchard R, Billion K, Berger J, Saal B, et al. TWISTED DWARF1, a unique plasma membrane-anchored immunophilin-like protein, interacts with Arabidopsis multidrug resistance-like transporters AtPGP1 and AtPGP19. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4238-49 pubmed..Heterologously expressed TWD1 does not exhibit cis-trans-peptidylprolyl isomerase (PPIase) activity and does not complement yeast FKBP12 mutants, suggesting that TWD1 acts indirectly via protein-protein ..
- Artier J, da Silva Zandonadi F, de Souza Carvalho F, Pauletti B, Leme A, Carnielli C, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of Xanthomonas citri ssp. citri periplasmic proteins reveals changes in cellular envelope metabolism during in vitro pathogenicity induction. Mol Plant Pathol. 2018;19:143-157 pubmed publisher..The results present new potential targets against XAC to be investigated in further functional studies...
- Song T, Yang M, Chen J, Huang L, Yin H, He T, et al. Prognosis of sepsis induced by cecal ligation and puncture in mice improved by anti-Clonorchis Sinensis cyclopholin a antibodies. Parasit Vectors. 2015;8:502 pubmed publisher..Anti-CsCyPA antibodies could combine with MuCyPA and inhibit its peptidyl prolyl isomerase (PPIase) activity...
- Liu Y, Weng Y, Tsai H, Chen C, Lee D, Hsieh C, et al. Aqueous extracts of Paeonia suffruticosa modulates mitochondrial proteostasis by reactive oxygen species-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in pancreatic cancer cells. Phytomedicine. 2018;46:184-192 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PS may constitute a potential new alternative or complementary medicine for PC. ..
- Zhu Y, Gong Y, Li A, Chen M, Kang D, Liu J, et al. Differential Proteomic Analysis Reveals Protein Networks and Pathways that May Contribute to Helicobacter pylori FKBP-Type PPIase-Associated Gastric Diseases. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2017;: pubmed publisher..pylori gene, peptidylprolyl isomerase-FK506 binding protein (PPIase-FKBP), and showed that PPIase-FKBP was capable of inducing oncogenic transformation of gastric epithelial cells...
- Harrison O, Cagampang F, Ohri S, Torrens C, Salhiyyah K, Modi A, et al. Candidate plasma biomarkers for predicting ascending aortic aneurysm in bicuspid aortic valve disease. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2018;13:76 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, a more affordable 'off-the-shelf' follow-on blood assay could then be developed in place of SWATH-MS, for use in the healthcare setting. ..
- MacDonald C, Boyd R. Molecular docking study of macrocycles as Fk506-binding protein inhibitors. J Mol Graph Model. 2015;59:117-22 pubmed publisher..This could suggest a possible target for inhibition of the Plasmodium vivax parasite. ..
- Geitner A, Weininger U, Paulsen H, Balbach J, Kovermann M. Structure based insights into dynamics and function of two domain SlpA from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 2017;: pubmed publisher..It forms a prominent aromatic stacking with F15, one of the key residues for PPIase activity, thus giving a possible explanation for the inherently low PPIase activity of SlpA...
- Ritterhoff J, VÃ¶lkers M, Seitz A, Spaich K, Gao E, Peppel K, et al. S100A1 DNA-based Inotropic Therapy Protects Against Proarrhythmogenic Ryanodine Receptor 2 Dysfunction. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1320-1330 pubmed publisher..S100A1 interaction with the RyR2 is sufficient to protect against basal and catecholamine-triggered arrhythmic SR Ca(2+) leak in HF, combining antiarrhythmic potency with chronic inotropic actions. ..
- Dhamad A, Zhou Z, Zhou J, Du Y. Systematic Proteomic Identification of the Heat Shock Proteins (Hsp) that Interact with Estrogen Receptor Alpha (ER?) and Biochemical Characterization of the ER?-Hsp70 Interaction. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0160312 pubmed publisher..Further studies showed that significant portions of Hsp70-1 and Hsc70 were associated with transcriptionally active chromatin and inactive chromatin, and the two Hsps interacted with ER? in both forms of the chromatins in MCF7 cells. ..
- Dai D. David Triggle: Research collaborations and scientific exchanges with the China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China. Biochem Pharmacol. 2015;98:303-7 pubmed publisher..During his association with the China Pharmaceutical University, Professor Triggle aided in enhancing the scientific standing of the Pharmacology department and was a highly effective ambassador for international research cooperation. ..
- Perrucci G, Gowran A, Zanobini M, Capogrossi M, Pompilio G, Nigro P. Peptidyl-prolyl isomerases: a full cast of critical actors in cardiovascular diseases. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;106:353-64 pubmed publisher..This review provides a concise description of the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans-isomerases and presents an incisive selection of studies focused on their relationship with cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Cheng S, Luo M, Ding C, Peng C, Lv Z, Tong R, et al. Downregulation of Peptidylprolyl isomerase A promotes cell death and enhances doxorubicin-induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Gene. 2016;591:236-244 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that PPIA may play a pivotal role in HCC by regulating cell growth and could serve as a novel marker and therapeutic molecular target for HCC patients. ..
- Krapp S, Schuy C, Greiner E, Stephan I, Alberter B, Funk C, et al. Begomoviral Movement Protein Effects in Human and Plant Cells: Towards New Potential Interaction Partners. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Possible roles of these putative interaction partners in the begomoviral life cycle and cytoskeletal association modes are discussed. ..
- Gjaltema R, van der Stoel M, Boersema M, Bank R. Disentangling mechanisms involved in collagen pyridinoline cross-linking: The immunophilin FKBP65 is critical for dimerization of lysyl hydroxylase 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:7142-7 pubmed publisher..BS results from mutations in the genes coding for lysyl hydroxylase (LH) 2 or peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) FKBP65...
- Du Y, Zhao J, Li X, Jin S, Ma W, Mu Q, et al. Dissociation of FK506-binding protein 12.6 kD from ryanodine receptor in bronchial smooth muscle cells in airway hyperresponsiveness in asthma. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2014;50:398-408 pubmed publisher..Dissociation of FKBP12.6 from RyR2 in BSMCs is responsible for the increased calcium response contributing to AHR in asthma. Manipulating the interaction of FKBP12.6 with RyR2 might be a novel and useful treatment for asthma. ..
- Higashida H, Kamimura S, Inoue T, Hori O, Islam M, Lopatina O, et al. Cyclic ADP-ribose as an endogenous inhibitor of the mTOR pathway downstream of dopamine receptors in the mouse striatum. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2018;125:17-24 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that cADPR is an endogenous inhibitor of the mTOR signaling pathway downstream of DA receptors in the mouse striatum and that cADPR plays a certain role in the brain in psychiatric and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Kaur G, Singh S, Singh H, Chawla M, Dutta T, Kaur H, et al. Characterization of Peptidyl-Prolyl Cis-Trans Isomerase- and Calmodulin-Binding Activity of a Cytosolic Arabidopsis thaliana Cyclophilin AtCyp19-3. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136692 pubmed publisher..which demonstrated that this protein is enzymatically active and possesses peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) activity that is specifically inhibited by CsA with an inhibition constant (Ki) of 18.75 nM...
- Tanaka Y, Amano A, Morisaki M, Sato Y, Sasaki T. Cellular peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase Pin1 facilitates replication of feline coronavirus. Antiviral Res. 2016;126:1-7 pubmed publisher..Both Cyp and FKBP have peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) activity...
- Schuster M, Schnell L, Feigl P, Birkhofer C, Mohr K, Roeder M, et al. The Hsp90 machinery facilitates the transport of diphtheria toxin into human cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:613 pubmed publisher..inhibition of the chaperone activity of Hsp90 and Hsp70 and of the peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase) activity of Cyps and FKBPs protected cells from intoxication with diphtheria toxin and inhibited the pH-dependent ..
- Chen Y, Terajima M, Banerjee P, Guo H, Liu X, Yu J, et al. FKBP65-dependent peptidyl-prolyl isomerase activity potentiates the lysyl hydroxylase 2-driven collagen cross-link switch. Sci Rep. 2017;7:46021 pubmed publisher..Here, we postulated that peptidyl prolyl isomerase (PPIase) activity of FKBP65 positively modulates LH2 enzymatic activity and is critical for the formation of hydroxylysine-..
- Baker J, Shelton L, Zheng D, Favretto F, Nordhues B, Darling A, et al. Human cyclophilin 40 unravels neurotoxic amyloids. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001336 pubmed publisher..Here we show that cyclophilin 40 (CyP40), a PPIase, dissolves tau amyloids in vitro...
- Chen J, Chen S, Wang J, Zhang M, Gong Z, Wei Y, et al. Cyclophilin J is a novel peptidyl-prolyl isomerase and target for repressing the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127668 pubmed publisherCyclophilin J (CYPJ) is a new member of the peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans-isomerase (PPIase) identified with upregulated expression in human glioma. However, the biological function of CYPJ remained unclear...
- Blackburn E, Wear M, LandrÃ© V, Narayan V, Ning J, Erman B, et al. Cyclophilin40 isomerase activity is regulated by a temperature-dependent allosteric interaction with Hsp90. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisherCyclophilin 40 (Cyp40) comprises an N-terminal cyclophilin domain with peptidyl-prolyl isomerase (PPIase) activity and a C-terminal tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domain that binds to the C-terminal-EEVD sequence common to both heat shock ..
- Wang B, Lin L, Wang H, Guo H, Gu Y, Ding W. Overexpressed cyclophilin B suppresses aldosterone-induced proximal tubular cell injury both in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget. 2016;7:69309-69320 pubmed publisher..a chaperone protein that accelerates the rate of protein folding through its peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) activity...
- Feng D, Yao J, Wang G, Li Z, Zu G, Li Y, et al. Inhibition of p66Shc-mediated mitochondrial apoptosis via targeting prolyl-isomerase Pin1 attenuates intestinal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:759-773 pubmed publisher..This may represent a novel prophylactic target for intestinal I/R injury. ..
- Liao P, Zeng S, Zhou X, Chen T, Zhou F, Cao B, et al. Mutant p53 Gains Its Function via c-Myc Activation upon CDK4 Phosphorylation at Serine 249 and Consequent PIN1 Binding. Mol Cell. 2017;68:1134-1146.e6 pubmed publisher..As a result, p53-RS interacts with c-Myc and enhances c-Myc-dependent rDNA transcription key for ribosomal biogenesis. These results unveil a CDK4-PIN1-p53-RS-c-Myc pathway as a novel mechanism for the GOF of p53-RS in HCC. ..
- Liu Y, Korte F, Moussavi Harami F, Yu M, Razumova M, Regnier M, et al. Transcription factor CHF1/Hey2 regulates EC coupling and heart failure in mice through regulation of FKBP12.6. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;302:H1860-70 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that conditional deletion of CHF1/Hey2 in the myocardium leads to abnormalities in calcium handling mediated by FKBP12.6 that predispose to pressure overload-induced heart failure. ..
- Jing H, Yang X, Zhang J, Liu X, Zheng H, Dong G, et al. Peptidyl-prolyl isomerization targets rice Aux/IAAs for proteasomal degradation during auxin signalling. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7395 pubmed publisher..Together, these results illustrate cyclophilin-catalysed peptidyl-prolyl isomerization promotes Aux/IAA degradation, as a mechanism regulating auxin signalling. ..
- Yoon D, Lee S, Park H, Lyu J, Chong W, Liu J, et al. Overexpression of OsCYP19-4 increases tolerance to cold stress and enhances grain yield in rice (Oryza sativa). J Exp Bot. 2016;67:69-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the results point to the potential of manipulating OsCYP19-4 expression to enhance cold tolerance or to increase biomass. ..
- Lee A, Lee S, Jung W, Park H, Lim B, Kim H, et al. The OsCYP19-4 Gene Is Expressed as Multiple Alternatively Spliced Transcripts Encoding Isoforms with Distinct Cellular Localizations and PPIase Activities under Cold Stress. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In OsCYP19-4.2, the key residues of the PPIase domain are altered; consistent with this, recombinant OsCYP19-4...
- Suzuki A, Saeki T, Ikuji H, Uchida C, Uchida T. Brown Algae Polyphenol, a Prolyl Isomerase Pin1 Inhibitor, Prevents Obesity by Inhibiting the Differentiation of Stem Cells into Adipocytes. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168830 pubmed publisher..We showed that Pin1 is required for the differentiation of stem cells into adipocytes. We propose that oral intake of brown algae polyphenol is useful for the treatment of obesity. ..
- Risal P, Shrestha N, Chand L, Sylvester K, Jeong Y. Involvement of prolyl isomerase PIN1 in the cell cycle progression and proliferation of hepatic oval cells. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:373-380 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Pin1 plays important role in the cell cycle progression and increase oval cells proliferation which may be crucial in chronic liver injury. ..
- Kallscheuer N, Bott M, van Ooyen J, Polen T. Single-Domain Peptidyl-Prolyl cis/trans Isomerase FkpA from Corynebacterium glutamicum Improves the Biomass Yield at Increased Growth Temperatures. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015;81:7839-50 pubmed publisher..In C. glutamicum, a predicted single-domain FK-506 (tacrolimus) binding protein (FKBP)-type PPIase (FkpA) is encoded directly downstream of gltA, which encodes citrate synthase (CS)...
- Chen J, Liefke R, Jiang L, Wang J, Huang C, Gong Z, et al. Biochemical Features of Recombinant Human Cyclophilin J. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1175-80 pubmed..b>PPIase assays were performed on purified hCYPJ and its mutated variants...
- Caporale A, Mascanzoni F, Farina B, Sturlese M, Di Sorbo G, Fattorusso R, et al. FRET-Protease-Coupled Peptidyl-Prolyl cis-trans Isomerase Assay: New Internally Quenched Fluorogenic Substrates for High-Throughput Screening. J Biomol Screen. 2016;21:701-12 pubmed publisher..Due to its simplicity and precision in the determination of extent of inhibition and reaction rates required for kinetic analysis, this assay offers many advantages over other commonly used assays. ..
- Bae J, Noh S, Kim K, Jang K, Park H, Chung M, et al. PIN1 in hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with TP53 gene status. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:2405-11 pubmed publisher..In particular, interaction of PIN1 with mutant TP53 can act as a tumor promoter and increase its oncogenic activities in HCC. ..
- Li J, Pu W, Sun H, Zhou J, Fan X, Zheng Y, et al. Pin1 impairs microRNA biogenesis by mediating conformation change of XPO5 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Death Differ. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, our research discloses a new posttranscriptional regulatory mechanism of miRNA biosynthesis and provides the experimental basis for a novel HCC therapy by targeting Pin1. ..
- Oda T, Yang Y, Uchinoumi H, Thomas D, Chen Izu Y, Kato T, et al. Oxidation of ryanodine receptor (RyR) and calmodulin enhance Ca release and pathologically alter, RyR structure and calmodulin affinity. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;85:240-8 pubmed publisher..6-RyR2 affinity, and causes domain unzipping. Dantrolene can correct domain unzipping, restore CaM-RyR2 affinity, and quiet pathological RyR2 channel gating. F-DPc10 and CaM are useful biosensors of a pathophysiological RyR2 state. ..
- Storer Samaniego C, Suh J, Chattopadhyay A, Olivares K, Guy N, Sivils J, et al. The FKBP52 Cochaperone Acts in Synergy with Î²-Catenin to Potentiate Androgen Receptor Signaling. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134015 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that co-regulation of AR by FKBP52 and Î²-catenin does not require FKBP52 PPIase catalytic activity, nor FKBP52 binding to Hsp90...
- Naveen V, Chu C, Chen B, Tsai Y, Hsiao C, Sun Y. Helicobacter pylori cell binding factor 2: Insights into domain motion. J Struct Biol. 2016;194:90-101 pubmed publisher..HpCBF2 possesses PPIase activity and could act as a periplasmic chaperone to regulate outer membrane protein assembly...
- Leong K, Cheng C, Wong C, Ng I, Kwong Y, Tse E. miR-874-3p is down-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and negatively regulates PIN1 expression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:11343-11355 pubmed publisherPIN1 is a peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase) that regulates multiple signaling pathways to control cell fate and is found to be over-expressed in cancers, including hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Vijayan R, Subbarao N, Manoharan N. In Silico Analysis of Conformational Changes Induced by Normal and Mutation of Macrophage Infectivity Potentiator Catalytic Residues and its Interactions with Rapamycin. Interdiscip Sci. 2015;7:326-33 pubmed publisher..Mip exhibits peptidyl prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) activity, which can be inhibited by rapamycin and FK506...
- Huang C, Hsu S. NMR assignments of the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase domain of trigger factor from E. coli. Biomol NMR Assign. 2016;10:149-52 pubmed publisher..Within the SBD, a peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) domain is inserted leading to an unusual domain insertion, which may provide stabilizing effect to the highly ..
- Dawar F, Tu J, Xiong Y, Lan J, Dong X, Liu X, et al. Chemotactic Activity of Cyclophilin A in the Skin Mucus of Yellow Catfish (Pelteobagrus fulvidraco) and Its Active Site for Chemotaxis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..enzymes, including cyclophilin A (CypA), a multi-functional protein with peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase) activity. Beside various other immunological functions, CypA induces leucocytes migration in vitro in teleost...
- Blundell K, Pal M, Roe S, Pearl L, Prodromou C. The structure of FKBP38 in complex with the MEEVD tetratricopeptide binding-motif of Hsp90. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173543 pubmed publisher..In contrast FKBP8 failed to bind intact Hsp70. The PPIase domain was not essential for the interaction with Hsp90 and binding was completely encompassed by the TPR domain ..
- Ghartey Kwansah G, Li Z, Feng R, Wang L, Zhou X, Chen F, et al. Comparative analysis of FKBP family protein: evaluation, structure, and function in mammals and Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Dev Biol. 2018;18:7 pubmed publisher..2) The known FKBPs contain FK domains, that is, a prolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase) domain that mediates immune suppression through inhibition of calcineurin...
- Dujardin M, Madan V, Montserret R, Ahuja P, Huvent I, Launay H, et al. A Proline-Tryptophan Turn in the Intrinsically Disordered Domain 2 of NS5A Protein Is Essential for Hepatitis C Virus RNA Replication. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:19104-20 pubmed publisher..In addition, our work highlights how very small structural motifs present in intrinsically disordered proteins can exert a specific function. ..
- Tiso N, Salamon M, Bagattin A, Danieli G, Argenton F, Bortolussi M. The binding of the RyR2 calcium channel to its gating protein FKBP12.6 is oppositely affected by ARVD2 and VTSIP mutations. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:594-8 pubmed..We also provide evidence of the suitability of this system to test new drugs that target RyRs-FKBP12s interactions and do not affect yeast growth. ..
- Zissimopoulos S, Lai F. Interaction of FKBP12.6 with the cardiac ryanodine receptor C-terminal domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5475-85 pubmed..6 may be present at the RyR2 C terminus, proximal to the channel pore, a sterically appropriate location that would enable this protein to play a central role in the modulation of this critical ion channel. ..
- Cornea R, Nitu F, Samso M, Thomas D, Fruen B. Mapping the ryanodine receptor FK506-binding protein subunit using fluorescence resonance energy transfer. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19219-26 pubmed publisher..FRET mapping of RyR-bound FKBP12.6 is consistent with the predictions of a previous cryoelectron microscopy study and strongly supports the proposed structural model. ..
- Noguchi N, Takasawa S, Nata K, Tohgo A, Kato I, Ikehata F, et al. Cyclic ADP-ribose binds to FK506-binding protein 12.6 to release Ca2+ from islet microsomes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:3133-6 pubmed..6 did not show Ca2+ release by cADPR. These results strongly suggest that cADPR may be the ligand for FKBP12.6 in islet RyR and that the binding of cADPR to FKBP12.6 frees the RyR from FKBP12.6, causing it to release Ca2+. ..
- Marx S, Reiken S, Hisamatsu Y, Jayaraman T, Burkhoff D, Rosemblit N, et al. PKA phosphorylation dissociates FKBP12.6 from the calcium release channel (ryanodine receptor): defective regulation in failing hearts. Cell. 2000;101:365-76 pubmed..6, PKA, the protein phosphatases PP1 and PP2A, and an anchoring protein, mAKAP. In failing human hearts, RyR2 is PKA hyperphosphorylated, resulting in defective channel function due to increased sensitivity to Ca2+-induced activation. ..
- Masumiya H, Wang R, Zhang J, Xiao B, Chen S. Localization of the 12.6-kDa FK506-binding protein (FKBP12.6) binding site to the NH2-terminal domain of the cardiac Ca2+ release channel (ryanodine receptor). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3786-92 pubmed..6 binding. These data suggest that FKBP12.6 binding is likely to be conformationdependent. Binding of FKBP12.6 to the NH(2)-terminal domain may play a role in stabilizing the conformation of this region. ..
- Nishanian T, Waldman T. Interaction of the BMPR-IA tumor suppressor with a developmentally relevant splicing factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:91-7 pubmed..Co-localization studies suggested that the interaction may occur at the inner leaflet of the nuclear membrane. These data suggest that BMPR-IA may interact with and modulate the activity of a developmentally relevant splicing factor. ..
- Xiao J, Tian X, Jones P, Bolstad J, Kong H, Wang R, et al. Removal of FKBP12.6 does not alter the conductance and activation of the cardiac ryanodine receptor or the susceptibility to stress-induced ventricular arrhythmias. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34828-38 pubmed..Collectively, our results demonstrate that the loss of FKBP12.6 has no significant effect on the conduction and activation of RyR2 or the propensity for spontaneous Ca(2+) release and stress-induced ventricular arrhythmias. ..
- Zissimopoulos S, Thomas N, Jamaluddin W, Lai F. FKBP12.6 binding of ryanodine receptors carrying mutations associated with arrhythmogenic cardiac disease. Biochem J. 2009;419:273-8 pubmed publisher..6 binding, but to the same extent as for the wild-type. Our findings suggest that FKBP12.6 regulation of RyR2 is unlikely to be the primary defect in inherited arrhythmogenic cardiac disease...
- Guo T, Cornea R, Huke S, Camors E, Yang Y, Picht E, et al. Kinetics of FKBP12.6 binding to ryanodine receptors in permeabilized cardiac myocytes and effects on Ca sparks. Circ Res. 2010;106:1743-52 pubmed publisher..6-RyR2 association and activate RyR2. However, the function of FKBP12.6/12 and role of PKA phosphorylation in cardiac myocytes are controversial...
- Wang R, Zhong X, Meng X, Koop A, Tian X, Jones P, et al. Localization of the dantrolene-binding sequence near the FK506-binding protein-binding site in the three-dimensional structure of the ryanodine receptor. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12202-12 pubmed publisher..6-binding site but distant to the central region around residue Ser-2367. An allosteric mechanism by which dantrolene stabilizes interdomain interactions between the NH2-terminal and central regions is proposed. ..
- Zhao H, Cui G, Jin J, Chen X, Xu B. Synthesis and Pin1 inhibitory activity of thiazole derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:5911-5920 pubmed publisherPin1 (Protein interacting with NIMA1) is a peptidyl prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) which specifically catalyze the conformational conversion of the amide bond of pSer/Thr-Pro motifs in its substrate proteins and is a novel promising ..
- Qiao X, Liu Y, Luo L, Chen L, Zhao C, Ai X. Effects of naturally occurring charged mutations on the structure, stability, and binding of the Pin1 WW domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:470-476 pubmed publisher..Considering that the WW domain participates in the catalytic activity of the Pin1 isomerase, our study represents a novel approach for studying Pin1 function through the analysis of its naturally occurring mutants. ..
- Kozlov G, MuÃ±oz Escobar J, Castro K, Gehring K. Mapping the ER Interactome: The P Domains of Calnexin and Calreticulin as Plurivalent Adapters for Foldases and Chaperones. Structure. 2017;25:1415-1422.e3 pubmed publisher..The structuralÂ diversity of the accessory factors suggests that theseÂ chaperones became specialized for glycoprotein folding through convergent evolution of their P-domain binding sites. ..
- Shimizu T, Uchida C, Shimizu R, Motohashi H, Uchida T. Prolyl isomerase Pin1 promotes proplatelet formation of megakaryocytes via tau. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:946-951 pubmed publisher..Pin1 bound tau and promoted microtubule polymerization. Our results show that Pin1 serves as a positive regulatory molecule of proplatelet formation of MKs by enhancing the function of phosphorylated tau. ..
- George C, Sorathia R, Bertrand B, Lai F. In situ modulation of the human cardiac ryanodine receptor (hRyR2) by FKBP12.6. Biochem J. 2003;370:579-89 pubmed..6 on hRyR2-mediated intracellular Ca(2+) handling could be antagonized using rapamycin (5 microM). These results suggest that FKBP12.6 associates with hRyR2 in situ to modulate precisely the functionality of hRyR2 Ca(2+)-release channel. ..
- Benjafield A, Katyk K, Morris B. Association of EDNRA, but not WNK4 or FKBP1B, polymorphisms with essential hypertension. Clin Genet. 2003;64:433-8 pubmed..deficient 4 (WNK4) whose gene resides in a HT linkage region on chromosome 17, and FK506-binding protein 1B (FKBP1B), which can reduce blood pressure by increasing nitric oxide...
- Wehrens X, Lehnart S, Reiken S, van der Nagel R, Morales R, Sun J, et al. Enhancing calstabin binding to ryanodine receptors improves cardiac and skeletal muscle function in heart failure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9607-12 pubmed..We conclude that JTV519 may provide a specific way to treat the cardiac and skeletal muscle myopathy in HF by increasing calstabin binding to RyR. ..
- Liu Y, Chen H, Ji G, Li B, Mohler P, Zhu Z, et al. Transgenic analysis of the role of FKBP12.6 in cardiac function and intracellular calcium release. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2011;9:620-7 pubmed publisher..MHC-FKBP12.6 mice displayed normal cardiac development and function. We demonstrated that MHC-FKBP12.6 mice are able to rescue abnormal cardiac hypertrophy and abnormal calcium release in FKBP12.6-deficient mice...
- Haokip N, Naorem A. Functional characterisation of parvulin-type peptidyl prolyl cis-trans isomerase, PinA in Dictyostelium discoideum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:208-214 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PinA is required for normal growth as well as development in D. discoideum. ..
- Skagia A, Zografou C, Venieraki A, Fasseas C, Katinakis P, Dimou M. Functional analysis of the cyclophilin PpiB role in bacterial cell division. Genes Cells. 2017;22:810-824 pubmed publisherEscherichia coli PpiB is a peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase (PPIase, EC: 184.108.40.206) with chaperone activity...
- Vivoli M, Renou J, Chevalier A, Norville I, Diaz S, Juli C, et al. A miniaturized peptidyl-prolyl isomerase enzyme assay. Anal Biochem. 2017;536:59-68 pubmed publisher..g. cardiovascular disease, cancer and Alzheimer's. The development of novel PPIase inhibitors has been limited by the lack of a rapid, laboratory-based assay for these enzymes, as their substrates ..
- Galat A. Peptidylprolyl Isomerases as In Vivo Carriers for Drugs That Target Various Intracellular Entities. Biomolecules. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..These three attributes enhance binding of PPIase/pharmacophore complexes to diverse intracellular entities, some of which perturb signalization pathways causing ..
- Zhang H, Wang J, Li S, Wang S, Liu M, Wang W, et al. Molecular cloning, expression, purification and functional characterization of an antifungal cyclophilin protein from Panax ginseng. Biomed Rep. 2017;7:527-531 pubmed publisher..In addition, pgCyP showed high PPIase activity...
- Csizmok V, Montecchio M, Lin H, Tyers M, Sunnerhagen M, Forman Kay J. Multivalent Interactions with Fbw7 and Pin1 Facilitate Recognition of c-Jun by the SCFFbw7 Ubiquitin Ligase. Structure. 2018;26:28-39.e2 pubmed publisher..We show that the Pin1 WW and PPIase domains interact in a dynamic complex with multiply phosphorylated c-Jun...
- Deivanayagam C, Carson M, Thotakura A, Narayana S, Chodavarapu R. Structure of FKBP12.6 in complex with rapamycin. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:266-71 pubmed..6 toward the hydrophobic pocket. This displacement was not predicted by homology modeling studies. Analyses of the residues that are likely to confer the RyR2-binding specificity are presented. ..
- Schiene Fischer C, Yu C. Receptor accessory folding helper enzymes: the functional role of peptidyl prolyl cis/trans isomerases. FEBS Lett. 2001;495:1-6 pubmed..PPIases play a critical role in the functional arrangement of components within receptor heterocomplexes. ..
- Maalej A, Mbarki F, Rebai A, Karray F, Jouida J, Abid M, et al. Evidence of association between FKBP1B and thyroid autoimmune disorders in a large Tunisian family. Autoimmunity. 2004;37:237-9 pubmedb>FKBP1B belongs to immunophilins superfamily and functions as a cytosolic receptor protein of FK506. The role of FKBP1B in the immunosuppressive pathway of FK506 is well established...
- Nakazawa T, Takasawa S, Noguchi N, Nata K, Tohgo A, Mori M, et al. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and promoter of human gene for FK506-binding protein 12.6. Gene. 2005;360:55-64 pubmed..6 and FKBP12, respectively. ..
- Zissimopoulos S, Docrat N, Lai F. Redox sensitivity of the ryanodine receptor interaction with FK506-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:6976-83 pubmed..6 dissociation from the RyR2 channel complex, did not restore normal FKBP binding under oxidizing conditions. Our results indicate that the redox state of the RyR is intimately connected with FKBP binding affinity. ..
- Biagi D, Mill J, Mansur A, Krieger J, Pereira A. A negative screen for mutations in calstabin 1 and 2 genes in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. J Negat Results Biomed. 2012;11:4 pubmed publisher..Five no-coding variations were found but not related to the disease. These data corroborate other studies suggesting that mutations in FKBP12 and FKBP12.6 genes are not commonly related to cardiac diseases. ..