Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F13A1
Description: coagulation factor XIII A chain
Alias: F13A, coagulation factor XIII A chain, FSF, A subunit, TGase, bA525O21.1 (coagulation factor XIII, A1 polypeptide), coagulation factor XIII, A polypeptide, coagulation factor XIII, A1 polypeptide, coagulation factor XIIIa, factor XIIIa, fibrin stabilizing factor, A subunit, fibrinoligase, protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase A chain, transglutaminase A chain, transglutaminase. plasma
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Wells P, Anderson J, Scarvelis D, Doucette S, Gagnon F. Factor XIII Val34Leu variant is protective against venous thromboembolism: a HuGE review and meta-analysis. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;164:101-9 pubmedIt has been suggested that a G-to-T transition in exon 2 of the factor XIIIA gene resulting in a substitution of leucine for valine at amino acid 34 (FXIII Val34Leu) protects against venous thromboembolism (VTE)...
- Vokó Z, Bereczky Z, Katona E, Adany R, Muszbek L. Factor XIII Val34Leu variant protects against coronary artery disease. A meta-analysis. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:458-63 pubmed..Data published in the literature suggest that gene-gene and gene-environmental interactions might significantly influence the protective effect of FXIII-A Val34Leu polymorphism. ..
- Vairaktaris E, Vassiliou S, Yapijakis C, Spyridonidou S, Vylliotis A, Derka S, et al. Increased risk for oral cancer is associated with coagulation factor XIII but not with factor XII. Oncol Rep. 2007;18:1537-43 pubmed..Nevertheless, this thinner and less porous fibrin network inhibits cell migration. ..
- Suntharalingam J, Goldsmith K, Van Marion V, Long L, Treacy C, Dudbridge F, et al. Fibrinogen Aalpha Thr312Ala polymorphism is associated with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J. 2008;31:736-41 pubmed..An association between this polymorphism and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, therefore, supports an embolic aetiology for this disease, and may provide a mechanism by which thrombus persists following an acute event. ..
- Ruigrok Y, Slooter A, Rinkel G, Wijmenga C, Rosendaal F. Genes influencing coagulation and the risk of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, and subsequent complications of secondary cerebral ischemia and rebleeding. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010;152:257-62 pubmed publisher..For the other studied genetic factors involved in coagulation, no association with the occurrence of aneurysmal SAH or with the occurrence of secondary cerebral ischemia or rebleeding after aneurysmal SAH could be demonstrated. ..
- Corral J, Iniesta J, Gonzalez Conejero R, Villalon M, Rivera J, Vicente V. Factor XIII Val34Leu polymorphism in primary intracerebral haemorrhage. Hematol J. 2000;1:269-73 pubmed..Moreover, the simultaneous presence of the Leu 34 allele with selected risk factors for this disease does not increase the risk of developing this disease. ..
- Rasmussen Torvik L, Cushman M, Tsai M, Zhang Y, Heckbert S, Rosamond W, et al. The association of alpha-fibrinogen Thr312Ala polymorphism and venous thromboembolism in the LITE study. Thromb Res. 2007;121:1-7 pubmed..These results suggest that alpha-fibrinogen Thr312Ala is involved in the pathogenesis of VTE and that its action may be modified by other VTE risk factors. ..
- Peck G, Smeeth L, Whittaker J, Casas J, Hingorani A, Sharma P. The genetics of primary haemorrhagic stroke, subarachnoid haemorrhage and ruptured intracranial aneurysms in adults. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3691 pubmed publisher..Importantly, for several alleles previously found to be associated with protection from ischaemic stroke, there was a trend towards an increased risk of haemorrhagic stroke. ..
- Temme S, Grapentin C, Quast C, Jacoby C, Grandoch M, Ding Z, et al. Noninvasive Imaging of Early Venous Thrombosis by 19F Magnetic Resonance Imaging With Targeted Perfluorocarbon Nanoemulsions. Circulation. 2015;131:1405-14 pubmed publisher..In line with the reported half-life of factor XIIIa, application of Î±2AP-PFCs>60 minutes after thrombus induction no longer resulted in detectable 19F ..
- Wang Z, Liu X, Jin L, Pu D, Huang J, Zhang Y. Transcriptome profiling analysis of rare minnow (Gobiocypris rarus) gills after waterborne cadmium exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2016;19:120-128 pubmed publisher..The significant down-regulation of coagulation factor XIII A1 polypeptide (F13A1), tripartite motif-containing protein 21 (TRIM21), and Golgi-associated plant pathogenesis-related protein (GAPr) ..
- de Paoli F, Eeckhoute J, Copin C, Vanhoutte J, Duhem C, Derudas B, et al. The neuron-derived orphan receptor 1 (NOR1) is induced upon human alternative macrophage polarization and stimulates the expression of markers of the M2 phenotype. Atherosclerosis. 2015;241:18-26 pubmed publisher..MR), Interleukin-1 Receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra), CD200 Receptor (CD200R), coagulation factor XIII A1 polypeptide (F13A1), Interleukin 10 (IL-10) and the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor (PPAR)Î³...
- KotzÃ© R, Nienaber Rousseau C, de Lange Z, de Maat M, Hoekstra T, Pieters M. Genetic polymorphisms influencing total and Î³' fibrinogen levels and fibrin clot properties in Africans. Br J Haematol. 2015;168:102-12 pubmed publisher..and/or Î³' fibrinogen levels and SNPs in the FGA (rs2070011), FGB (rs2227385, rs1800787, rs1800788, rs4220) and F13A1 genes (rs5985) in determining clot properties...
- Shimizu S, Funakoshi Y, Yoon H, Okuma T, Utsumi T, Ito N, et al. Small calcifying fibrous pseudotumor of the heart confined to the epicardium. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2015;24:191-3 pubmed publisher..On immunohistochemical analysis, the lesional cells indicated diffuse positive staining for vimentin and factor XIIIa and focal positive staining for CD34, but did not indicate positive staining for other pertinent antigens such ..
- Makino M, Sasaoka S, Nakanishi G, Makino E, Fujimoto W. Congenital atrophic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans detected by COL1A1-PDGFB rearrangement. Diagn Pathol. 2016;11:24 pubmed publisher..adipose tissue, and positive immunostaining for CD34 and vimentin in addition to negative staining for factor XIIIa and Î±-smooth muscle actin...
- Rooper L, Huang S, Antonescu C, Westra W, Bishop J. Biphenotypic sinonasal sarcoma: an expanded immunoprofile including consistent nuclear ?-catenin positivity and absence of SOX10 expression. Hum Pathol. 2016;55:44-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, 10 (91%) of 11 expressed nuclear ?-catenin, 8 (80%) of 10 expressed factor XIIIa, 4 (36%) of 11 expressed desmin, and 3 (30%) of 10 expressed myogenin. All 11 tumors were negative for SOX10...
- Simmonds J, Rebeiz E. Surgical resection of sinonasal hemangiopericytoma involving anterior skull base: Case reports and literature review. Am J Otolaryngol. 2017;38:87-91 pubmed publisher..Diagnoses were confirmed by pathology which reported spindle cell neoplasm staining positively for VEGF, NSE, factor XIIIa, S-100 protein, and CD34, and negative for actin, desmin, CD31, and pankeratin, consistent with ..
- Al Horani R, Gailani D, Desai U. Allosteric inhibition of factor XIa. Sulfated non-saccharide glycosaminoglycan mimetics as promising anticoagulants. Thromb Res. 2015;136:379-87 pubmed publisher..SPGG did not affect the activity of plasma kallikrein, activated protein C and factor XIIIa suggesting that SPGG-based anticoagulation is unlikely to affect other pathways connected with coagulation ..
- Vishnubalaji R, Atteya M, Al Nbaheen M, Oreffo R, Aldahmash A, Alajez N. Angiogenic Potential of Human Neonatal Foreskin Stromal Cells in the Chick Embryo Chorioallantoic Membrane Model. Stem Cells Int. 2015;2015:257019 pubmed publisher..were seeded onto the top of the CAM, human von Willebrand factor (hVWF), CD31, smooth muscle actin (SMA), and factor XIIIa positive cells were observed in the chick endothelium...
- Val Bernal J, Hermana S. Dermal plexiform spindle cell lipoma. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2016;57:875-878 pubmed..Immunohistochemically, the spindle cells were positive for CD34, factor XIIIa, and vimentin, and negative for retinoblastoma protein, claudin-1, GLUT-1, epithelial membrane antigen, ..
- Briquez P, Lorentz K, Larsson H, Frey P, Hubbell J. Human Kunitz-type protease inhibitor engineered for enhanced matrix retention extends longevity of fibrin biomaterials. Biomaterials. 2017;135:1-9 pubmed publisher..using either covalent binding through incorporation of a substrate for the coagulation transglutaminase Factor XIIIa or through engineering of extracellular matrix protein super-affinity domains for sequestration into fibrin...
- Rongioletti F, Merlo G, Carli C, Cribier B, Metze D, Calonje E, et al. Histopathologic characteristics of scleromyxedema: AÂ study of a series of 34 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016;74:1194-200 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemistry for CD3, CD4, CD8, CD20, CD68, and factor XIIIa was performed in 10 cases. A total of 44 skin biopsy specimens from 34 patients were reviewed...
- Nakayama R, Togashi Y, Baba S, Kaku Y, Teramoto Y, Sakurai T, et al. Epithelioid cell histiocytoma with SQSTM1-ALK fusion: a case report. Diagn Pathol. 2018;13:28 pubmed publisher..The tumor cells were diffusely positive for factor XIIIa and ALK, but were negative for AE1/AE3 keratin, alpha-smooth muscle actin, CD30, CD34, CD68, PU...
- Tasli F, Vardar E, Argon A, Kabat T, Deniz S, Nart A, et al. Histochemical and immunohistochemical characteristics of elastofibromas. Pol J Pathol. 2014;65:120-4 pubmed..5 years. Mean lesion diameter was 6.6 cm. The immunohistochemical method showed vimentin and factor XIIIa positivity in all cases...
- Rocas D, Thivolet BÃ©jui F, Tronc F, Chalabreysse L. [About a case of calcifying fibrous tumor of the pleura]. Ann Pathol. 2015;35:515-8 pubmed publisher..The tumoral cells have a fibrohistiocytic origin. They stain positively for antibodies against vimentin, factor XIIIa, CD68, CD163, CD34. Antibodies against smooth muscle actin, desmin, PS100, ALK1Â and EBV are negative...
- Kakko S, Elo T, Tapanainen J, Huikuri H, Savolainen M. Polymorphisms of genes affecting thrombosis and risk of myocardial infarction. Eur J Clin Invest. 2002;32:643-8 pubmed..54, 95% confidence interval 0.31-0.93). The L34 allele of the amino acid polymorphism of the FXIII gene is associated with a decreased risk of AMI, and this protecting association seems to be more pronounced in smokers. ..
- Mannila M, Eriksson P, Leander K, Wiman B, de Faire U, Hamsten A, et al. The association between fibrinogen haplotypes and myocardial infarction in men is partly mediated through pleiotropic effects on the serum IL-6 concentration. J Intern Med. 2007;261:138-47 pubmed..Also, the coagulation factor XIII (gene symbol F13A1) Val34Leu haplotype tag single nucleotide polymorphism (htSNP) has been reported to exert pleiotropic effects on ..
- Standen G, Bowen D. Factor XIII ABristol 1: detection of a nonsense mutation (Arg171-->stop codon) in factor XIII A subunit deficiency. Br J Haematol. 1993;85:769-72 pubmed..This is the third independent mutation described in the factor XIII A subunit gene and the first to be identified in a patient compound heterozygous for the disorder. ..
- Adany R. Intracellular factor XIII: cellular distribution of factor XIII subunit a in humans. Semin Thromb Hemost. 1996;22:399-408 pubmed
- Bereczky Z, Katona E, Muszbek L. Fibrin stabilization (factor XIII), fibrin structure and thrombosis. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2003;33:430-7 pubmed..The results suggest that the thrombo-protective effect of Leu34 allele prevails only in certain genetic and/or environmental constellations. ..
- Shafey M, Anderson J, Scarvelis D, Doucette S, Gagnon F, Wells P. Factor XIII Val34Leu variant and the risk of myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:635-41 pubmed..These results suggest that there is an association between the factor XIII Leu allele and a modest protective effect against AMI and may provide useful information in profiling susceptibility to myocardial infarction. ..
- Louhichi N, Medhaffar M, Hadjsalem I, Mkaouar Rebai E, Fendri Kriaa N, Kanoun H, et al. Congenital factor XIII deficiency caused by two mutations in eight Tunisian families: molecular confirmation of a founder effect. Ann Hematol. 2010;89:499-504 pubmed publisher..autosomal recessive disorder, usually attributed to a defect in the FXIIIA and B subunits coding, respectively, by F13A and F13B genes...
- Ivaskevicius V, Biswas A, Bevans C, Schroeder V, Kohler H, Rott H, et al. Identification of eight novel coagulation factor XIII subunit A mutations: implied consequences for structure and function. Haematologica. 2010;95:956-62 pubmed publisher..All individuals except one were heterozygous for factor XIIIA mutations (average factor XIII activity 51%), while the remaining homozygous individual was found to have ..
- Sharma P, Mackey A, Dejene E, Ramadan J, Langefeld C, Palmer N, et al. An Islet-Targeted Genome-Wide Association Scan Identifies Novel Genes Implicated in Cytokine-Mediated Islet Stress in Type 2 Diabetes. Endocrinology. 2015;156:3147-56 pubmed publisher..Significant evidence of association was found between AIRg and single nucleotide polymorphisms in Arap3 (5q31.3), F13a1 (6p25.3), Klhl6 (3q27.1), Nid1 (1q42.3), Pamr1 (11p13), Ripk2 (8q21.3), and Steap4 (7q21.12)...
- Kim D, Kim J, Lee S, Ryu J, Kwon I, Ahn C, et al. Combined Near-infrared Fluorescent Imaging and Micro-computed Tomography for Directly Visualizing Cerebral Thromboemboli. J Vis Exp. 2016;: pubmed publisher..linked to the fibrin strands of the thrombus by the fibrin-crosslinking enzymatic action of activated coagulation factor XIIIa during the process of clot maturation...
- Castro Gomes C, Sousa M, Menezes J, Batista M, Lima A, Belda W, et al. Immunopathological characterization of human cutaneous leishmaniasis lesions caused by Leishmania (Viannia) spp. in Amazonian Brazil. Parasitol Res. 2017;116:1423-1431 pubmed publisher..immunohistochemistry, we investigate the density of CD68+, lysozyme+, CD1a+, factor XIIIa+, CD4+, CD8+, CD56+, interferon (IFN)-?+, and inducible ..
- Qin X, Sun Q, Zhao Y, Zhong X, Mu D, Jiang S, et al. Transglutaminase-set colloidal properties of wheat gluten with ultrasound pretreatments. Ultrason Sonochem. 2017;39:137-143 pubmed publisher..combined with alkali, urea, Na2SO3, with or without the addition of transglutaminase (TGase)...
- Hilgenfeld R, Liesum A, Storm R, Metzner H, Karges H. Crystallization of blood coagulation factor XIII by an automated procedure. FEBS Lett. 1990;265:110-2 pubmed..The monoclinic and orthorhombic crystals obtained are suitable for X-ray analysis. ..
- Asahina T, Kobayashi T, Okada Y, Itoh M, Yamashita M, Inamato Y, et al. Studies on the role of adhesive proteins in maintaining pregnancy. Horm Res. 1998;50 Suppl 2:37-45 pubmed..It is concluded that when cytotrophoblasts invade endometrium maternal Fg, factor X III and Fn are concerned with cytotrophoblasts' anchoring as adhesive proteins. ..
- Isetti G, Maurer M. Thrombin activity is unaltered by N-terminal truncation of factor XIII activation peptides. Biochemistry. 2004;43:4150-9 pubmed..FXIII activation peptides bind to thrombin in a manner more like PAR1 than fibrinogen Aalpha. ..
- Higaki S, Nakano K, Onaka S, Amano A, Tanioka Y, Harada K, et al. Clinical significance of measuring blood coagulation factor XIIIA regularly and continuously in patients with Crohn's disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;21:1407-11 pubmedThe aim of the present paper was to determine the mechanism by which the level of coagulation factor XIIIA declines during the active phase of Crohn's disease...
- Schroeder V, Vuissoz J, Caflisch A, Kohler H. Factor XIII activation peptide is released into plasma upon cleavage by thrombin and shows a different structure compared to its bound form. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:890-8 pubmed..Our findings may be of major clinical interest in regard to a possible new marker in thrombotic disease. ..
- Maitland van der Zee A, Peters B, Lynch A, Boerwinkle E, Arnett D, Cheng S, et al. The effect of nine common polymorphisms in coagulation factor genes (F2, F5, F7, F12 and F13 ) on the effectiveness of statins: the GenHAT study. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:338-44 pubmed..Polymorphisms in anticoagulation genes (F5 and F7) seem to modify the efficacy of pravastatin in reducing risk of cardiovascular events. ..
- Stepien E, Plicner D, Kapelak B, Wypasek E, Sadowski J, Undas A. Factor XIII Val34Leu polymorphism as a modulator of fibrin clot permeability and resistance to lysis in patients with severe coronary artery disease. Kardiol Pol. 2009;67:947-55 pubmed..Like in healthy subjects, in patients scheduled for CABG, the FXIII Leu34 allele is associated with decreased fibrin clot permeability and efficiency of lysis. ..
- Tsantes A, Tsangaris I, Bonovas S, Kopterides P, Rapti E, Dimopoulou I, et al. The effect of four hemostatic gene polymorphisms on the outcome of septic critically ill patients. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2010;21:175-81 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the importance of these hemostatic polymorphisms as predictors of the prognosis of sepsis in critically ill patients is probably very small. ..
- Jakobiec F, Tu Y, Zakka F, Tong A. Dermatofibroma of the eyelid with monster cells. Surv Ophthalmol. 2017;62:533-540 pubmed publisher..b>Factor XIIIa, CD68, and CD163 immunostaining was positive, and a subpopulation of CD1a+ Langerhans cells was ..
- Laranja J, Amar E, Ludevese Pascual G, Niu Y, Geaga M, De Schryver P, et al. A probiotic Bacillus strain containing amorphous poly-beta-hydroxybutyrate (PHB) stimulates the innate immune response of Penaeus monodon postlarvae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;68:202-210 pubmed publisher..Relative expression of the immune related genes encoding for prophenoloxidase (proPO), transglutaminase (TGase) and heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) in the shrimp were measured before (0 h) and after (3, 6, 9, 12, 24 h) the ..
- Zhang H, Yang F, Guo Y, Wang L, Fang F, Wu H, et al. The contribution of chronic intermittent hypoxia to OSAHS: From the perspective of serum extracellular microvesicle proteins. Metabolism. 2018;85:97-108 pubmed publisher..By comparing the DEPs identified from the two models, 3 proteins (CRP and FN1 and F13a1) were found identical with the same alteration pattern (CRP was upregulated, FN1 and F13a1 were downregulated) in ..
- Bishop P, Teller D, Smith R, Lasser G, Gilbert T, Seale R. Expression, purification, and characterization of human factor XIII in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochemistry. 1990;29:1861-9 pubmed..02 S. Thus, all of the properties of rFXIII thus far examined are consistent with those reported for human platelet and placental FXIII.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Clark P, Freeman D, Streja E, Sattar N, Walker I, Greer I. The G-to-T point mutation in codon 34 of the factor XIII gene and the risk of pre-eclampsia. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2003;14:155-7 pubmed..7 (CI95 0.4-1.1). We conclude that the presence of leucine at this site is not associated with a protection against pre-eclampsia to the magnitude of that reported in other thrombotic disease. ..
- Rubattu S, Di Angelantonio E, Nitsch D, Gigante B, Zanda B, Stanzione R, et al. Polymorphisms in prothrombotic genes and their impact on ischemic stroke in a Sardinian population. Thromb Haemost. 2005;93:1095-100 pubmed..66, 95% CI 1.06-2.58, P=0.026) on IS occurrence. In summary, we describe evidence for a possible direct association of FVII gene molecular variants with the occurrence of IS in a genetically homogenous human sample. ..
- Scavenius C, Sanggaard K, Nikolajsen C, Bak S, Valnickova Z, Thøgersen I, et al. Human inter-?-inhibitor is a substrate for factor XIIIa and tissue transglutaminase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1624-30 pubmed publisherIn this study, we show that inter-?-inhibitor is a substrate for both factor XIIIa and tissue transglutaminase...
- Ivaskevicius V, Biswas A, Thomas A, Lyonga S, Rott H, Halimeh S, et al. A common F13A1 intron 1 variant IVS1+12(A) is associated with mild FXIII deficiency in Caucasian population. Ann Hematol. 2013;92:975-9 pubmed publisher..Considering the large number of coding and non-coding polymorphisms identified in the F13A1 gene, there is a possibility that some of these might result in alterations of plasma FXIII levels and cause mild ..
- Rosenfeld M, Leonova V, Shchegolikhin A, Bychkova A, Kostanova E, Biryukova M. Covalent structure of single-stranded fibrin oligomers cross-linked byÂ FXIIIa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;461:408-12 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide an extra evidence to support the model of the longitudinal Î³-Î³ bonds that form between the Î³ chains end-to-end within the same strand of a protofibril. ..
- Cai G, Della Mea M, Faleri C, Fattorini L, Aloisi I, Serafini Fracassini D, et al. Spermine either delays or promotes cell death in Nicotiana tabacum L. corolla depending on the floral developmental stage and affects the distribution of transglutaminase. Plant Sci. 2015;241:11-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, SM deeply alters the distribution of the PA-conjugating enzyme transglutaminase (TGase)...
- Summey B, Graff R, Lai T, Greenberg C, Lee G. Tissue transglutaminase localization and activity regulation in the extracellular matrix of articular cartilage. J Orthop Res. 2002;20:76-82 pubmedTissue transglutaminase (tTG) catalyzes a Ca2+-dependent transglutaminase (TGase) activity which cross-links proteins and stabilizes many tissues [C.S. Greenberg et al. FASEB J. 5 (1991) 3071]...
- Bereczky Z, Balogh E, Katona E, Czuriga I, Edes I, Muszbek L. Elevated factor XIII level and the risk of myocardial infarction in women. Haematologica. 2007;92:287-8 pubmed..FXIII levels in the upper tertile were associated with significantly increased risk of MI in females, but not in males. ..
- Nair D, Sunilkumar P, Sadasivan C. Modeling of factor XIII activation peptide (28-41) V34L mutant bound to thrombin. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2008;26:387-94 pubmed..Hence, this may speed up the release of FXIII from thrombin after its activation. ..
- Haas P, Aggermann T, Steindl K, Krugluger W, Pühringer H, Oberkanins C, et al. Genetic cardiovascular risk factors and age-related macular degeneration. Acta Ophthalmol. 2011;89:335-8 pubmed publisher..0636) - were not as far from association as the others. Our data show that the 19 tested CVD risk markers do not play a significant role in AMD. ?-Fibrinogen and apolipoprotein E4 should be examined in a larger cohort. ..
- Wang W. Identification of respective lysine donor and glutamine acceptor sites involved in factor XIIIa-catalyzed fibrin ? chain cross-linking. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:44952-64 pubmed publisherb>Factor XIIIa-catalyzed ?-(?-glutamyl)-lysyl bonds between glutamine and lysine residues on fibrin ? and ? chains stabilize the fibrin clot and protect it from mechanical and proteolytic damage...
- Cougard P, Desjeux A, Vitton V, Baumstarck Barrau K, Lesavre N, Grimaud J. The usefulness of factor XIII levels in Crohn's disease. J Crohns Colitis. 2012;6:660-4 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm that factor XIII levels are decreased in CD patients but cannot be recommended as a marker for the disease activity. ..
- Salvarese N, Spolaore B, Marangoni S, Pasin A, Galenda A, Tamburini S, et al. Transglutaminase-mediated conjugation and nitride-technetium-99m labelling of a bis(thiosemicarbazone) bifunctional chelator. J Inorg Biochem. 2018;183:18-31 pubmed publisherAn assessment study involving the use of the transglutaminase (TGase) conjugation method and the nitride-technetium-99m labelling on a bis(thiosemicarbazone) (BTS) bifunctional chelating agent is presented...
- Yee V, Pedersen L, Bishop P, Stenkamp R, Teller D. Structural evidence that the activation peptide is not released upon thrombin cleavage of factor XIII. Thromb Res. 1995;78:389-97 pubmed..This work shows that the activation peptide, upon thrombin cleavage, has the same conformation and occupies the same position with respect to the rest of the molecule as it does in the zymogen structure. ..
- Barbosa H, Carvalho E, Barini R, Siqueira L, Costa D, Annichino Bizzacchi J. Tyr204Phe and Val34Leu polymorphisms in two Brazilian ethnic groups and in patients with recurrent miscarriages. Fertil Steril. 2004;82:1455-7 pubmed..The prevalence of these polymorphisms did not differ between patients with RM and controls or between Caucasian and blacks, suggesting that these polymorphisms cannot be considered a risk factor for RM. ..
- Ozbek N, Atac F, Yildirim S, Verdi H, Yazici C, Yilmaz B, et al. Analysis of prothrombotic mutations and polymorphisms in children who developed thrombosis in the perioperative period of congenital cardiac surgery. Cardiol Young. 2005;15:19-25 pubmed..In this study, we investigated some of the above-mentioned mutations and polymorphisms in children who developed thrombosis in the perioperative period after correction of congenital cardiac malformations. ..
- Jeddi Tehrani M, Torabi R, Mohammadzadeh A, Arefi S, Keramatipour M, Zeraati H, et al. Investigating Association of Three Polymorphisms of Coagulation Factor XIII and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2010;64:212-7 pubmed publisher..A correlation was also found between FXIII A614T and FXIII C1694T polymorphisms (P < 0.001). we suggest the evaluation of FXIII A614T and FXIII C1694T polymorphisms in women with RPL. ..
- Sánchez Ortiz A, Angulo C, Luna González A, Alvarez Ruiz P, Mazón Suastegui J, Campa Córdova A. Effect of mixed-Bacillus spp isolated from pustulose ark Anadara tuberculosa on growth, survival, viral prevalence and immune-related gene expression in shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:95-102 pubmed publisher..the mRNA expression of the Hsp70 gene was down-regulated in treatments T4 and T5 respect to control, and the TGase gene remained unaffected by the level of bacillus probiotic mix...
- Lee Y, Jung S, Hwang J, Jeon S, Han E, Park W, et al. Cysteamine prevents vascular leakage through inhibiting transglutaminase in diabetic retina. J Endocrinol. 2017;235:39-48 pubmed publisher..We then investigated the potential roles of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and transglutaminase (TGase) in the cysteamine prevention of VEGF-induced vascular leakage...
- Coggan M, Baker R, Miloszewski K, Woodfield G, Board P. Mutations causing coagulation factor XIII subunit A deficiency: characterization of the mutant proteins after expression in yeast. Blood. 1995;85:2455-60 pubmed..The data suggest that the Gly 501-->Arg (Type 3 variant) would cause severe factor XIII deficiency if inherited in the homozygous form or as a compound heterozygote with another deleterious mutation. ..
- Achyuthan K. Characterization of the reciprocal binding sites on human alpha-thrombin and factor XIII A-chain. Mol Cell Biochem. 1998;178:289-97 pubmed..Immobilized FPR-alpha-thrombin bound plasma Factor XIII (Kd = 0.17 +/- 0.04 x 10(-7) M) > Factor XIIIa (Kd = 0.69 +/- 0.18 x 10(-7) M) > liver transglutaminase (Kd = 4.73 +/- 1...
- Catto A, Kohler H, Bannan S, Stickland M, Carter A, Grant P. Factor XIII Val 34 Leu: a novel association with primary intracerebral hemorrhage. Stroke. 1998;29:813-6 pubmed..There was a slightly higher incidence of factor XIII Val 34 Leu in patients with PICH. This may be related to impaired cross-linking of fibrin and/or coagulation proteins. ..
- Margaglione M, Bossone A, Brancaccio V, Ciampa A, Di Minno G. Factor XIII Val34Leu polymorphism and risk of deep vein thrombosis. Thromb Haemost. 2000;84:1118-9 pubmed
- Butt C, Zheng H, Randell E, Robb D, Parfrey P, Xie Y. Combined carrier status of prothrombin 20210A and factor XIII-A Leu34 alleles as a strong risk factor for myocardial infarction: evidence of a gene-gene interaction. Blood. 2003;101:3037-41 pubmed
- Hefler L, Jirecek S, Heim K, Grimm C, Antensteiner G, Zeillinger R, et al. Genetic polymorphisms associated with thrombophilia and vascular disease in women with unexplained late intrauterine fetal death: a multicenter study. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2004;11:42-4 pubmed..In accordance with others, we challenge the importance of thrombophilic and vascular gene polymorphisms in the pathogenesis of this condition. ..
- Kulkarni S, Jackson S. Platelet factor XIII and calpain negatively regulate integrin alphaIIbbeta3 adhesive function and thrombus growth. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30697-706 pubmed..Moreover, they demonstrate the existence of an autoregulatory feedback mechanism that serves to limit excessive platelet accumulation on highly reactive thrombogenic surfaces. ..
- Hartel C, Konig I, Köster S, Kattner E, Kuhls E, Küster H, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of hemostasis genes and primary outcome of very low birth weight infants. Pediatrics. 2006;118:683-9 pubmed..To better understand gene-disease associations in very low birth weight infants, the prospective development of large-scale cohorts with well-defined phenotypes and corresponding DNA samples is essential. ..
- Wells P, Anderson J, Rodger M, Carson N, Grimwood R, Doucette S. The factor XIII Val34Leu polymorphism: is it protective against idiopathic venous thromboembolism?. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2006;17:533-8 pubmed..69 (95% confidence interval, 0.46-1.02) for the dominant model. Our results do not support an independent association of the FXIII Val34Leu polymorphism with idiopathic venous thromboembolism in our Caucasian Canadian study population. ..
- Anton A, Gonzalez Conejero R, Roldan V, Quiroga T, Sanchez Vega B, Corral J, et al. Study of 18 functional hemostatic polymorphisms in mucocutaneous bleeding disorders. Ann Hematol. 2010;89:1147-54 pubmed publisher..24; 95% CI, 0.11-0.52), supporting the polygenic nature of MCB. Our data suggest that some common polymorphisms affecting hemostasis-related genes could protect from bleeding. ..
- Gosk Bierska I, McBane R, Wu Y, Mruk J, Tafur A, McLeod T, et al. Platelet factor XIII gene expression and embolic propensity in atrial fibrillation. Thromb Haemost. 2011;106:75-82 pubmed publisher..Variable factor XIII gene expression in thrombi generated during NVAF may in part explain the propensity to embolisation. ..
- Thomas A, Biswas A, Dodt J, Philippou H, Hethershaw E, Ensikat H, et al. Coagulation Factor XIIIA Subunit Missense Mutations Affect Structure and Function at the Various Steps of Factor XIII Action. Hum Mutat. 2016;37:1030-41 pubmed publisher..Heterozygous mutations occurring in F13A1 and F13B genes causing mild FXIII deficiency have been reported only in the last few years primarily because the ..
- Yee V, Pedersen L, Le Trong I, Bishop P, Stenkamp R, Teller D. Three-dimensional structure of a transglutaminase: human blood coagulation factor XIII. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:7296-300 pubmed..A proposal for the mechanism of activation by thrombin and calcium is made that details the structural events leading to active factor XIIIa'.
- Spiridonova M, Stepanov V, Puzyrev V, Karpov R. [Analysis of gene complexes predisposing to coronary atherosclerosis]. Genetika. 2002;38:383-92 pubmed..It was found that specific gene combinations are involved in the CAS development and determine variation in the pathogenetically important quantitative traits. ..
- Pohlmann Eden B, Peters C, Wennberg R, Dempfle C. Valproate induces reversible factor XIII deficiency with risk of perioperative bleeding. Acta Neurol Scand. 2003;108:142-5 pubmed..To our knowledge, this case is the first description of a well-documented, clinically relevant transient factor XIII-deficiency syndrome related to VPA treatment. ..
- Khalife H, Muwakkit S, Al Moussawi H, Dabbous I, Khoury R, Peyvandi F, et al. Spontaneous splenic rupture in a patient with factor XIII deficiency and a novel mutation. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;50:113-4 pubmedWe report a novel mutation in factor XIIIA gene that caused severe congenital factor XIII deficiency in a 6 year and 8 month old male. The mutation is a GA deletion in the core domain leading to a premature stop at codon 502...
- Gemmati D, Tognazzo S, Catozzi L, Federici F, De Palma M, Gianesini S, et al. Influence of gene polymorphisms in ulcer healing process after superficial venous surgery. J Vasc Surg. 2006;44:554-62 pubmed
- Bronic A, Ferencak G, Zadro R, Stavljenic Rukavina A, Bernat R. Impact of FXIII-A Val34Leu polymorphism on coronary artery disease in Croatian patients. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:1-5 pubmed..05). This is the first report that studies the prevalence of the Leu34 allele frequency in Croatian subjects and our results suggest that possession of the Leu 34 alele does not provide protection against MI. ..
- Smith N, Bis J, Biagiotti S, Rice K, Lumley T, Kooperberg C, et al. Variation in 24 hemostatic genes and associations with non-fatal myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:45-53 pubmed
- IvaÅ¡keviÄius V, Goldmann G, Biswas A, Westhofen P, Thomas A, Marquardt N, et al. Neoplasm-induced bleeding in inherited, heterozygous FXIII-AÂ deficiency. Hamostaseologie. 2015;35 Suppl 1:S32-5 pubmed..Plasma mixing studies excluded neutralizing antibodies against FXIII. A novel heterozygous F13A1 gene nonsense mutation (p.Glu103Ter, c.307G>T) was found confirming heterozygous FXIII-A deficiency...
- Lewis S, Janus T, Lorand L, Shafer J. Regulation of formation of factor XIIIa by its fibrin substrates. Biochemistry. 1985;24:6772-7 pubmed..polymeric fibrins I and II (polymerized des-A- and des-A,B-fibrinogens), physiological substrates of factor XIIIa, were shown to be potent promoters of thrombin-catalyzed release of activation peptide from factor XIII...