Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: eIF3k
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit K
Alias: ARG134, EIF3-p28, EIF3S12, HSPC029, MSTP001, PLAC-24, PLAC24, PRO1474, PTD001, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit K, eIF-3 p28, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3, subunit 12, muscle specific, muscle-specific gene M9 protein
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Piovezan R, Abucham J, dos Santos R, Mello M, Tufik S, Poyares D. The impact of sleep on age-related sarcopenia: Possible connections and clinical implications. Ageing Res Rev. 2015;23:210-20 pubmed publisher..Promising research results regarding the associations between sleep variables and sarcopenia biomarkers and clinical parameters are required to confirm this hypothesis. ..
- Bertholdt L, Gudiksen A, Jessen H, Pilegaard H. Impact of skeletal muscle IL-6 on regulation of liver and adipose tissue metabolism during fasting. Pflugers Arch. 2018;470:1597-1613 pubmed publisher..However, skeletal muscle IL-6 was not required for these fasting-induced effects, but had minor effects on markers of lipolysis and glyceroneogenesis in adipose tissue as well as markers of hepatic gluconeogenesis in the fed state. ..
- He J, Quintana M, Sullivan J, L Parry T, J Grevengoed T, Schisler J, et al. MuRF2 regulates PPARÎ³1 activity to protect against diabetic cardiomyopathy and enhance weight gain induced by a high fat diet. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2015;14:97 pubmed publisher..These studies also identify MuRF2 as the first ubiquitin ligase to regulate cardiac PPARÎ± and PPARÎ³1 activities in vivo via post-translational modification without degradation. ..
- DuprÃ© Aucouturier S, Castells J, Freyssenet D, Desplanches D. Trichostatin A, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, modulates unloaded-induced skeletal muscle atrophy. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2015;119:342-51 pubmed publisher..Prevention of muscle atrophy by TSA might be due to the regulation of the skeletal muscle atrophy-related MuRF1 gene. Our findings suggest that TSA may provide a novel avenue to treat unloaded-induced muscle atrophy. ..
- Knudsen J, Gudiksen A, Bertholdt L, Overby P, Villesen I, Schwartz C, et al. Skeletal muscle IL-6 regulates muscle substrate utilization and adipose tissue metabolism during recovery from an acute bout of exercise. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0189301 pubmed publisher..Skeletal muscle specific IL-6 knockout (IL-6 MKO) and littermate Control mice were rested or ran on a treadmill for 2h...
- Yu L, Liu J, Lao I, Luo Z, Wang J. Epithelioid inflammatory myofibroblastic sarcoma: a clinicopathological, immunohistochemical and molecular cytogenetic analysis of five additional cases and review of the literature. Diagn Pathol. 2016;11:67 pubmed publisher..Familiar with the characteristic features of EIMS will help pathologists avoid misdiagnosing the tumor as other malignancies. ..
- Yan Z, Kronemberger A, Blomme J, Call J, Caster H, Pereira R, et al. Exercise leads to unfavourable cardiac remodelling and enhanced metabolic homeostasis in obese mice with cardiac and skeletal muscle autophagy deficiency. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7894 pubmed publisher..However, the atypical remodelling elicited by exercise in the autophagy deficient cardiac muscle enhances whole-body metabolism, at least partially, via a heart-brown fat cross-talk involving FGF21. ..
- Guridi M, Tintignac L, Lin S, Kupr B, Castets P, RÃ¼egg M. Activation of mTORC1 in skeletal muscle regulates whole-body metabolism through FGF21. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra113 pubmed publisher..Thus, sustained activation of mTORC1 signaling in skeletal muscle regulated whole-body metabolism through the induction of FGF21, which, over the long term, caused severe lipodystrophy. ..
- Lee Y, Hong C, Lin Y, Chen R. MicroRNA-1 participates in nitric oxide-induced apoptotic insults to MC3T3-E1 cells by targeting heat-shock protein-70. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:246-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study showed that miR-1 participates in NO-induced apoptotic insults through targeting HSP-70 gene expression. ..
- Agaimy A, Michal M, Thompson L, Michal M. Angioleiomyoma of the Sinonasal Tract: Analysis of 16 Cases and Review of the Literature. Head Neck Pathol. 2015;9:463-73 pubmed publisher..Submucosal sinonasal ALMs are rare benign tumors similar to their reported cutaneous counterparts with frequent adipocytic differentiation. They should be distinguished from renal-type angiomyolipoma. Simple excision is curative. ..
- Hunter R, Mitchell Felton H, Essig D, Kandarian S. Expression of endoplasmic reticulum stress proteins during skeletal muscle disuse atrophy. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C1285-90 pubmed..However, the upregulation of HO-1 may indicate ER adaptation to oxidative stress during muscle unloading...
- Hwang S, Kang Y, Sung B, Kim M, Kim D, Lee Y, et al. Folic acid promotes the myogenic differentiation of C2C12 murine myoblasts through the Akt signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:1073-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that folic acid promotes the differentiation of C2C12 cells through the activation of the Akt pathway. ..
- Ohno K, Otsuka K, Ito M. Roles of collagen Q in MuSK antibody-positive myasthenia gravis. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;259:266-270 pubmed publisher..We propose that attenuation of AChR clustering in MuSK-MG is due to hindrance of LRP4-MuSK interaction in the presence of agrin by MuSK-IgG. ..
- Tjondrokoesoemo A, Schips T, Kanisicak O, Sargent M, Molkentin J. Genetic overexpression of Serpina3n attenuates muscular dystrophy in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1192-202 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the use of select protease inhibitors as a strategy for treating MD. ..
- Su Z, Hu L, Cheng J, Klein J, Hassounah F, Cai H, et al. Acupuncture plus low-frequency electrical stimulation (Acu-LFES) attenuates denervation-induced muscle atrophy. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:426-36 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of IGF-1, downregulation of myostatin, and alteration of microRNAs contribute to the attenuation of muscle atrophy in denervated mice. ..
- Xu W, Bai K, He J, Su W, Dong L, Zhang L, et al. Leucine improves growth performance of intrauterine growth retardation piglets by modifying gene and protein expression related to protein synthesis. Nutrition. 2016;32:114-21 pubmed publisher..The present study identified a major role for leucine in the activation of the mTOR signaling pathway and reducing muscle atrophy in IUGR piglets, which contributed significantly to differences in body weight gain. ..
- Lee S, Yim Y, Lee Y, Lee B, Kim H, Kim K, et al. Fasting serum amino acids concentration is associated with insulin resistance and pro-inflammatory cytokines. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018;140:107-117 pubmed publisher..C2C12 mouse myoblast cell lines were used to examine the changes of MAFbx and MuRF1 expressions, which are muscle specific E3 ligases acting as major mediators of skeletal muscle proteolysis, after development of insulin resistance ..
- Chang C, Garcia Arcos I, NyrÃ©n R, Olivecrona G, Kim J, Hu Y, et al. Lipoprotein Lipase Deficiency Impairs Bone Marrow Myelopoiesis and Reduces Circulating Monocyte Levels. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2018;38:509-519 pubmed publisher..Reconstitution of LpL-expressing BM replenished aortic macrophage density. LpL regulates peripheral leukocyte levels and affects BM monocyte progenitor differentiation and aortic macrophage accumulation. ..
- Hwang S, Kang Y, Sung B, Jang J, Hwang N, Oh H, et al. Folic acid is necessary for proliferation and differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:736-747 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the study results suggest that folic acid is necessary for normal development of skeletal muscle cells...
- Duan Y, Zeng L, Li F, Wang W, Li Y, Guo Q, et al. Effect of branched-chain amino acid ratio on the proliferation, differentiation, and expression levels of key regulators involved in protein metabolism of myocytes. Nutrition. 2017;36:8-16 pubmed publisher..A proper utilization of balanced BCAA ratio in food would be beneficial to human and animal nutrition. ..
- Bonetto A, Rupert J, Barreto R, Zimmers T. The Colon-26 Carcinoma Tumor-bearing Mouse as a Model for the Study of Cancer Cachexia. J Vis Exp. 2016;: pubmed publisher..We also provide useful protocols that describe how to perform muscle freezing, sectioning, and fiber size quantification. ..
- Abdullah M, Kornegay J, Honcoop A, Parry T, Balog Alvarez C, O Neal S, et al. Non-Targeted Metabolomics Analysis of Golden Retriever Muscular Dystrophy-Affected Muscles Reveals Alterations in Arginine and Proline Metabolism, and Elevations in Glutamic and Oleic Acid In Vivo. Metabolites. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Together, these studies demonstrate muscle-specific alterations in GRMD-affected muscle, which illustrate previously unidentified metabolic changes. ..
- Dobrowolny G, Bernardini C, Martini M, Baranzini M, Barba M, MusarÃ² A. Muscle Expression of SOD1(G93A) Modulates microRNA and mRNA Transcription Pattern Associated with the Myelination Process in the Spinal Cord of Transgenic Mice. Front Cell Neurosci. 2015;9:463 pubmed publisher..0 database, which provides information on miRNA and their predicted target genes, we revealed that muscle specific expression of SOD1(G93A) modulates relevant molecules of the genetic and epigenetic circuitry of myelin ..
- Stanković M, Peric S, Stojiljkovic Tamas O, Stanković T, Nikolic A, Lavrnic D, et al. Quality of life in patients with MuSK positive myasthenia gravis. Acta Neurol Belg. 2018;118:423-427 pubmed publisher..Adequate team work of health professionals and family can provide a healthy mental environment in which a MuSK MG patient would feel more comfortable in spite of the disease. ..
- Hargett S, Walker N, Keller S. Rab GAPs AS160 and Tbc1d1 play nonredundant roles in the regulation of glucose and energy homeostasis in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016;310:E276-88 pubmed publisher..Similar to AS160- and Tbc1d1-deficient mice, AS160(-/-)/Tbc1d1(-/-) mice show sex-specific abnormalities in glucose and energy homeostasis. In conclusion, our study supports nonredundant functions for AS160 and Tbc1d1. ..
- Aniort J, Polge C, Claustre A, Combaret L, Bechet D, Attaix D, et al. Upregulation of MuRF1 and MAFbx participates to muscle wasting upon gentamicin-induced acute kidney injury. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;79:505-516 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that MuRF1 and MAFbx are sensitive markers and potential targets to prevent muscle atrophy during G-AKI. ..
- He J, Xie H, Wu S. Dietary supplementation of curcumin alleviates NF-?B-dependent skeletal muscle wasting in rat. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2016;: pubmed..The results not only suggest a molecular mechanism by which curcumin modulates the inflammatory responses, but also offer a feasible avenue to ameliorate the NF-?B-dependent muscle proteolysis. ..
- Martin B, Gallagher T, Rastogi N, Davis J, Beattie C, Amacher S, et al. In vivo assessment of contractile strength distinguishes differential gene function in skeletal muscle of zebrafish larvae. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2015;119:799-806 pubmed publisher..These quantitative functional results allow measurement of muscle-specific phenotypes independent of neural input. ..
- Taniguchi K, Sakai M, Sugito N, Kumazaki M, Shinohara H, Yamada N, et al. PTBP1-associated microRNA-1 and -133b suppress the Warburg effect in colorectal tumors. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18940-52 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that PTBP1 and PTBP1-associated miR-1 and -133b are crucial molecules for the maintenance of the Warburg effect in colorectal tumors. ..
- Vanhoutte D, Schips T, Kwong J, Davis J, Tjondrokoesoemo A, Brody M, et al. Thrombospondin expression in myofibers stabilizes muscle membranes. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..This functional conservation emphasizes the fundamental importance of Thbs' as regulators of cellular attachment and membrane stability and identifies Thbs4 as a potential therapeutic target for muscular dystrophy. ..
- Wilcox J, Satkunendrarajah K, Nasirzadeh Y, Laliberte A, Lip A, Cadotte D, et al. Generating level-dependent models of cervical and thoracic spinal cord injury: Exploring the interplay of neuroanatomy, physiology, and function. Neurobiol Dis. 2017;105:194-212 pubmed publisher..Level-dependent models were generated using clip-compression SCI, with marked and reliable differences in forelimb performance and specific neuron pool loss. ..
- Bosnakovski D, Chan S, Recht O, Hartweck L, Gustafson C, Athman L, et al. Muscle pathology from stochastic low level DUX4 expression in an FSHD mouse model. Nat Commun. 2017;8:550 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors generate a novel mouse model with titratable expression of DUX4, and show that it recapitulates several features of the human pathology. ..
- van Lunteren E, Moyer M. Peptide toxin blockers of voltage-sensitive K+ channels: inotropic effects on diaphragm. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;86:1009-16 pubmed..These data suggest that blocking voltage-activated K+ channels may be a useful therapeutic strategy for augmenting diaphragm force, provided less toxic blockers of these channels can be found...
- Parry T, Desai G, Schisler J, Li L, Quintana M, Stanley N, et al. Fenofibrate unexpectedly induces cardiac hypertrophy in mice lacking MuRF1. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:127-140 pubmed publisher..0004). These studies identify MuRF1's unexpected regulation of fenofibrate's pleiotropic effects and bridges, for the first time, MuRF1's regulation of PPARÎ±, cardiac hypertrophy, and hemostasis. ..
- Ryan M, Coleman T, Sasser J, Pittman K, Hankins M, Stec D. Vascular smooth muscle-specific deletion of the leptin receptor attenuates leptin-induced alterations in vascular relaxation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2016;310:R960-7 pubmed publisher..These data show that leptin directly impairs vascular relaxation via a VSM-LepR-mediated mechanism, suggesting a potential pathogenic role for leptin to increase cardiovascular risk during obesity. ..
- Neethling N, Suman S, Sigge G, Hoffman L. Muscle-specific colour stability of blesbok (Damaliscus pygargus phillipsi) meat. Meat Sci. 2016;119:69-79 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that blesbok IS muscle is more colour-stable than its LTL and BF counterparts. The game industry may employ muscle-specific strategies to improve marketability of fresh blesbok meat. ..
- Cesari M, Fielding R, Pahor M, Goodpaster B, Hellerstein M, Van Kan G, et al. Biomarkers of sarcopenia in clinical trials-recommendations from the International Working Group on Sarcopenia. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2012;3:181-90 pubmed publisher..However, the reasonable uncertainties (derived from exploring a novel field and the exponential acceleration of scientific progress) require the adoption of a cautious and comprehensive approach to the subject. ..
- Covington J, Noland R, Hebert R, Masinter B, Smith S, Rustan A, et al. Perilipin 3 Differentially Regulates Skeletal Muscle Lipid Oxidation in Active, Sedentary, and Type 2 Diabetic Males. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:3683-92 pubmed publisher..Differential expression of PLIN3 and BFA sensitivity may explain differential lipid oxidation efficiency in skeletal muscle among these cohorts. ..
- Abrigo J, Rivera J, Simon F, Cabrera D, Cabello Verrugio C. Transforming growth factor type beta (TGF-Î²) requires reactive oxygen species to induce skeletal muscle atrophy. Cell Signal. 2016;28:366-376 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to report that TGF-Î² has an atrophic effect dependent on NOX-induced ROS in skeletal muscle. ..
- Xia X, Zhou Z, Yu X, Zheng X, Tang C. Myocardin: A novel player in atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2017;257:266-278 pubmed publisher..In the current review, we summarized recent progress on the regulation and signaling of Myocardin, and highlighted its impacts on atherosclerotic disease. ..
- Sollmann N, Bulubas L, Tanigawa N, Zimmer C, Meyer B, Krieg S. The variability of motor evoked potential latencies in neurosurgical motor mapping by preoperative navigated transcranial magnetic stimulation. BMC Neurosci. 2017;18:5 pubmed publisher..The factors that significantly contributed to MEP latency variability should be standardly recorded and taken into consideration during neurosurgical motor mapping. ..
- Riley L, Esser K. The Role of the Molecular Clock in Skeletal Muscle and What It Is Teaching Us About Muscle-Bone Crosstalk. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2017;15:222-230 pubmed publisher..Future research on this topic may be important for understanding the role of the skeletal muscle molecular clock in a number of diseases such as sarcopenia and osteoporosis. ..
- Chaillou T, Zhang X, McCarthy J. Expression of Muscle-Specific Ribosomal Protein L3-Like Impairs Myotube Growth. J Cell Physiol. 2016;231:1894-902 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Physiol. 231: 1894-1902, 2016. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Raibagkar P, Ferry J, Stone J. Is MuSK myasthenia gravis linked to IgG4-related disease?. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;305:82-83 pubmed publisher..Our case raises number of questions regarding a potential link between MuSK MG and IgG4-RD which may shed further light on the pathophysiology and management of these diseases. ..
- Hodson N, Brown T, Joanisse S, Aguirre N, West D, Moore D, et al. Characterisation of L-Type Amino Acid Transporter 1 (LAT1) Expression in Human Skeletal Muscle by Immunofluorescent Microscopy. Nutrients. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..As such, this approach provides a validated experimental platform to study the role and regulation of LAT1 in human skeletal muscle in response to various physiological and pathophysiological models. ..
- Summers M, Vasiljevski E, Mikulec K, Peacock L, Little D, Schindeler A. Developmental dosing with a MEK inhibitor (PD0325901) rescues myopathic features of the muscle-specific but not limb-specific Nf1 knockout mouse. Mol Genet Metab. 2018;123:518-525 pubmed publisher..However, crosstalk from Nf1-deficient non-muscle mesenchymal cells may impact upon muscle metabolism and fibrosis in neonatal and mature myofibers. ..
- Park C, Kim M, Kim S, Park J, Kim Z, Choi Y. Umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cell-conditioned media prevent muscle atrophy by suppressing muscle atrophy-related proteins and ROS generation. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2016;52:68-76 pubmed publisher..These data imply that UCMSC-CM clearly has the potential to prevent muscle atrophy. Thus, our present study offers fundamental data on the potential treatment of muscle-related disease using UCMSC-CM. ..
- Summers M, Mikulec K, Peacock L, Little D, Schindeler A. Limitations of the Pax7-creERT2 transgene for driving deletion of Nf1 in adult mouse muscle. Int J Dev Biol. 2017;61:531-536 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate important caveats with the use of the Pax7-CreER T2 strain and highlight a need to develop new tools for investigating the function of NF1 in mature muscle...
- Somarathne M, Gunawardene Y, Chandrasekharan N, Dassanayake R. Development of siRNA mediated RNA interference and functional analysis of novel parasitic nematode-specific protein of Setaria digitata. Exp Parasitol. 2018;186:42-49 pubmed publisher..Hence SDNP has the characteristics of a potential drug target. ..
- Davies M, Kjalarsdottir L, Thompson J, DuBois L, Stevens R, Ilkayeva O, et al. The Acetyl Group Buffering Action of Carnitine Acetyltransferase Offsets Macronutrient-Induced Lysine Acetylation of Mitochondrial Proteins. Cell Rep. 2016;14:243-54 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal roles for CrAT and L-carnitine in modulating the muscle acetylproteome and provide strong experimental evidence favoring the nonenzymatic carbon pressure model of mitochondrial AcK. ..
- Spring A, Brusich D, Frank C. C-terminal Src Kinase Gates Homeostatic Synaptic Plasticity and Regulates Fasciclin II Expression at the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005886 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we propose that Csk and its SFK substrates impinge upon homeostatic control of NMJ function by regulating downstream expression or localization of FasII. ..
- Mohktar R, Montgomery M, Murphy R, Watt M. Perilipin 5 is dispensable for normal substrate metabolism and in the adaptation of skeletal muscle to exercise training. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2016;311:E128-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, PLIN5 is dispensable for normal substrate metabolism during exercise and is not required to promote mitochondrial biogenesis or enhance the cellular adaptations to endurance exercise training. ..
- Kariminejad A, Almadani N, Khoshaeen A, Olsson B, Moslemi A, Tajsharghi H. Truncating CHRNG mutations associated with interfamilial variability of the severity of the Escobar variant of multiple pterygium syndrome. BMC Genet. 2016;17:71 pubmed publisher..Detailed clinical examination of our patients further indicates the changing phenotype from infancy to childhood. ..
- Chen T, Moore T, Ebbert M, McVey N, Madsen S, Hallowell D, et al. Liver kinase B1 inhibits the expression of inflammation-related genes postcontraction in skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:876-88 pubmed publisher..Increased susceptibility of the muscle to damage may underlie part of this response. ..
- Amoasii L, Holland W, Sanchez Ortiz E, Baskin K, Pearson M, Burgess S, et al. A MED13-dependent skeletal muscle gene program controls systemic glucose homeostasis and hepatic metabolism. Genes Dev. 2016;30:434-46 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, MED13 exerts opposing metabolic actions in skeletal muscle and the heart, highlighting the customized, tissue-specific functions of the Mediator complex. ..
- Jones T, Jones P. A cre-inducible DUX4 transgenic mouse model for investigating facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192657 pubmed publisher..Overall, the FLExDUX4 line of mice is quite versatile and will allow new investigations into mechanisms of DUX4-mediated pathophysiology as well as much-needed pre-clinical testing of DUX4-targeted FSHD interventions in vivo. ..
- Tamaki T, Uchiyama S, Uchiyama Y, Akatsuka A, Yoshimura S, Roy R, et al. Limited myogenic response to a single bout of weight-lifting exercise in old rats. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:C1143-52 pubmed..These results demonstrate a reduced reparative capability of muscle in response to a single bout of exercise in old compared with young rats...
- Martini M, Dobrowolny G, Aucello M, MusarÃ² A. Postmitotic Expression of SOD1(G93A) Gene Affects the Identity of Myogenic Cells and Inhibits Myoblasts Differentiation. Mediators Inflamm. 2015;2015:537853 pubmed publisher..of relevant markers of committed and differentiated myoblasts such as MyoD, Myogenin, MRF4, and the muscle specific miRNA expression...
- Cortés Vicente E, Gallardo E, Martínez M, Diaz Manera J, Querol L, Rojas Garcia R, et al. Clinical Characteristics of Patients With Double-Seronegative Myasthenia Gravis and Antibodies to Cortactin. JAMA Neurol. 2016;73:1099-104 pubmed publisher..In this study, patients with cortactin antibodies and dSNMG had an ocular or mild generalized phenotype of MG. Including the detection of cortactin antibodies in the routine diagnosis of dSNMG may be helpful in ocular MG. ..
- Baehr L, West D, Marshall A, Marcotte G, Baar K, Bodine S. Muscle-specific and age-related changes in protein synthesis and protein degradation in response to hindlimb unloading in rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2017;122:1336-1350 pubmed publisher..Our data emphasize the importance of studying muscles of varying fiber-type and physiological function at multiple time points to fully understand the molecular mechanisms responsible for disuse atrophy. ..
- Marigold D, Chang A, Lajoie K. Cutaneous reflex modulation during obstacle avoidance under conditions of normal and degraded visual input. Exp Brain Res. 2017;235:2483-2493 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, our results suggest that visual feedback plays a role in altering how the nervous system uses other sensory input in a muscle-specific manner to ensure safe obstacle clearance. ..
- Moshourab R, Palada V, Grunwald S, Grieben U, Lewin G, Spuler S. A Molecular Signature of Myalgia in Myotonic Dystrophy 2. EBioMedicine. 2016;7:205-11 pubmed publisher..This study was funded by the German Research Society (DFG, GK1631), KAP programme of Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin and Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine. ..
- Mizbani A, Luca E, Rushing E, Krutzfeldt J. MicroRNA deep sequencing in two adult stem cell populations identifies miR-501 as a novel regulator of myosin heavy chain during muscle regeneration. Development. 2016;143:4137-4148 pubmed..Our results suggest that miR-501 plays a key role in adult muscle regeneration and might serve as a novel serum biomarker for the activation of adult muscle stem cells. ..
- Badin P, Sopariwala D, Lorca S, Narkar V. Muscle Arnt/Hif1? Is Dispensable in Myofiber Type Determination, Vascularization and Insulin Sensitivity. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168457 pubmed publisher..Therefore, skeletal muscle ARNT is dispensable for controlling muscle fiber type and metabolic regulation, as well as diet-induced weight control, insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. ..
- Miyoshi S, Tezuka T, Arimura S, Tomono T, Okada T, Yamanashi Y. DOK7 gene therapy enhances motor activity and life span in ALS model mice. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:880-889 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, we show that DOK7 gene therapy enhanced motor activity and life span in ALS model mice. ..
- Eguchi T, Tezuka T, Miyoshi S, Yamanashi Y. Postnatal knockdown of dok-7 gene expression in mice causes structural defects in neuromuscular synapses and myasthenic pathology. Genes Cells. 2016;21:670-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that correct, physiological levels of dok-7 expression are required for the postnatal maintenance of NMJs. ..
- Salah H, Fury W, Gromada J, Bai Y, Tchkonia T, Kirkland J, et al. Muscle-specific differences in expression and phosphorylation of the Janus kinase 2/Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3 following long-term mechanical ventilation and immobilization in rats. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2017;: pubmed publisher
- GarcÃa GonzÃ¡lez E, Roque Ramírez B, Palma Flores C, HernÃ¡ndez HernÃ¡ndez J. Chromatin Immunoprecipitation in Early Mouse Embryos. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1752:145-155 pubmed publisher..We describe here a ChIP protocol on freshly isolated mouse embryonic somites for in vivo analysis of muscle specific transcription factor binding on chromatin...
- Bouwyn J, Magnier P, Bedat Millet A, Ahtoy P, Maltete D, Lefaucheur R. Anti-MuSK myasthenia gravis with prolonged remission. Neuromuscul Disord. 2016;26:453-4 pubmed publisher..Our observation highlights that patients with MuSK-MG can have a benign course and that continued immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory therapy may not always be required. ..
- Chang F, Fang R, Wang M, Zhao X, Chang W, Zhang Z, et al. The transgenic expression of human follistatin-344 increases skeletal muscle mass in pigs. Transgenic Res. 2017;26:25-36 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that muscle-specific Fst overexpression in pigs enhances skeletal muscle growth, at least partly due to myofiber hypertrophy and providing a promising approach to increase muscle mass in pigs and other livestock. ..
- Stephan M, Lega C, Penhune V. Auditory prediction cues motor preparation in the absence of movements. Neuroimage. 2018;174:288-296 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose that multimodal forward models of upcoming sounds and actions support motor preparation, facilitate error detection and correction, and guide perception. ..
- Masutani M, Sonenberg N, Yokoyama S, Imataka H. Reconstitution reveals the functional core of mammalian eIF3. EMBO J. 2007;26:3373-83 pubmed..Extensive deletion analyses suggest that three evolutionarily conserved subunits (eIF3a, eIF3b, and eIF3c) and three non-conserved subunits (eIF3e, eIF3f, and eIF3h) comprise the functional core of mammalian eIF3. ..
- Hernandez Morato I, Pitman M, Sharma S. Muscle specific nucleus ambiguus neurons isolation and culturing. J Neurosci Methods. 2016;273:33-39 pubmed publisher..The present protocol will allow investigators to perform targeted and novel studies of the mechanisms of peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Chinthalapudi K, Rangarajan E, Brown D, Izard T. Differential lipid binding of vinculin isoforms promotes quasi-equivalent dimerization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:9539-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that MV homodimerization modulates microfilament attachment at muscular adhesion sites and furthers our understanding of MV-mediated cardiac remodeling. ..
- Sprouse C, Tosi L, Gordish Dressman H, Abdel Ghani M, Panchapakesan K, Niederberger B, et al. CK-MM Polymorphism is Associated With Physical Fitness Test Scores in Military Recruits. Mil Med. 2015;180:1001-5 pubmed publisher..65 Â± 21; p = 0.04) or those with the CC/CT genotype. These results demonstrate an association between physical performance measures and genetic variation in the muscle-specific creatine kinase gene (rs8111989). ..
- Cattie D, Richardson C, Reddy K, Ness Cohn E, Droste R, Thompson M, et al. Mutations in Nonessential eIF3k and eIF3l Genes Confer Lifespan Extension and Enhanced Resistance to ER Stress in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006326 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that loss-of-function mutations in the genes encoding the conserved eIF3k and eIF3l subunits of the translation initiation complex eIF3 result in a 40% extension in lifespan and enhanced ..
- Lucas M, Goblet C, Keller A, Lamande N, Gros F, Whalen R, et al. Modulation of embryonic and muscle-specific enolase gene products in the developing mouse hindlimb. Differentiation. 1992;51:1-7 pubmed..Quantitative immunoblotting analyses carried out in parallel show that the enolase isozymic transition is mainly controlled at the mRNA level.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Auld A, Folker E. Nucleus-dependent sarcomere assembly is mediated by the LINC complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:2351-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the nucleus, through the LINC complex, is crucial for the proper assembly and stability of the sarcomere network. ..
- Lagravinese G, Bisio A, De Ferrari A, Pelosin E, Ruggeri P, Bove M, et al. An Emotion-Enriched Context Influences the Effect of Action Observation on Cortical Excitability. Front Hum Neurosci. 2017;11:504 pubmed publisher..emotional context in which a movement occurs modulates motor resonance and that the combination of negative valence/high arousal drives the greater response in the observer's mirror neuron system in a strictly muscle specific fashion.
- Huang Y, Shen Z, Wu C, Teng Y, Liao C, Kao C, et al. Comparative proteomic profiling reveals a role for Cisd2 in skeletal muscle aging. Aging Cell. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this work substantiates the hypothesis that Cisd2 is crucial to the gastrocnemius muscle and suggests that Cisd2 is a potential therapeutic target for muscle aging...
- Lee A, Kranzusch P, Cate J. eIF3 targets cell-proliferation messenger RNAs for translational activation or repression. Nature. 2015;522:111-4 pubmed publisher..Our findings illuminate a new role for eIF3 in governing a specialized repertoire of gene expression and suggest that binding of eIF3 to specific mRNAs could be targeted to control carcinogenesis. ..