Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EIF2A
Description: eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2A
Alias: CDA02, EIF-2A, MST089, MSTP004, MSTP089, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2A, 65 kDa eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2A, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2A, 65kDa
- Fribley A, Evenchik B, Zeng Q, Park B, Guan J, Zhang H, et al. Proteasome inhibitor PS-341 induces apoptosis in cisplatin-resistant squamous cell carcinoma cells by induction of Noxa. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:31440-7 pubmed
- Ito T, Marintchev A, Wagner G. Solution structure of human initiation factor eIF2alpha reveals homology to the elongation factor eEF1B. Structure. 2004;12:1693-704 pubmed..It further indicates a previously unrecognized evolutionary lineage of eIF2alpha/gamma from the functionally related elongation factor eEF1Balpha/eEF1A complex. ..
- Schewe D, Aguirre Ghiso J. Inhibition of eIF2alpha dephosphorylation maximizes bortezomib efficiency and eliminates quiescent multiple myeloma cells surviving proteasome inhibitor therapy. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1545-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, strategies that maintain eIF2alpha in a hyperphosphorylated state may be a novel therapeutic approach to maximize bortezomib-induced apoptosis and reduce residual disease and recurrences in this type of cancer. ..
- Chu L, Vijay C, Annex B, Bader J, Popel A. PADPIN: protein-protein interaction networks of angiogenesis, arteriogenesis, and inflammation in peripheral arterial disease. Physiol Genomics. 2015;47:331-43 pubmed publisher..several genes that are differentially expressed between the two mouse strains with known functions in PAD including TLR4, THBS1, and PRKAA2 and several genes with unknown functions in PAD including EphA4, TSPAN7, SLC22A4, and EIF2a.
- Gabr A, Lee H, Onphachanh X, Jung Y, Kim J, Chae C, et al. Ethanol-induced PGE2 up-regulates A? production through PKA/CREB signaling pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1863:2942-2953 pubmed publisher..By using salubrinal (an eIF2? dephosphorylation inhibitor) or EIF2A siRNA, we found that eIF2? phosphorylation mediated the ethanol-induced COX-2 expression...
- Li R, Zhou P, Guo Y, Lee J, Zhou B. Tris (1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate-induced apoptotic signaling pathways in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. Neurotoxicology. 2017;58:1-10 pubmed publisher..TDCIPP led to the activation of protein markers of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, including eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2a subunit (p-EIF2a), activation transcription factor (ATF4), glucose-regulated protein (GRP78), ..
- Dekervel J, Bulle A, Windmolders P, Lambrechts D, Van Cutsem E, Verslype C, et al. Acriflavine Inhibits Acquired Drug Resistance by Blocking the Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and the Unfolded Protein Response. Transl Oncol. 2017;10:59-69 pubmed publisher..We showed that acriflavine blocked eIF2a phosphorylation and reduced ATF4 translation thereby inhibiting the PERK/eIF2a/ATF4 UPR pathway...
- Pan S, Jia Y, Yang X, Cai D, Liu Z, Song H, et al. Amino acid starvation-induced autophagy is involved in reduced subcutaneous fat deposition in weaning piglets derived from sows fed low-protein diet during gestation and lactation : Autophagy is involved in reduced fat deposition in maternal low-prot. Eur J Nutr. 2018;57:991-1001 pubmed publisher
- Guo H, Cui H, Peng X, Fang J, Zuo Z, Deng J, et al. Nickel chloride (NiCl2) induces endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress by activating UPR pathways in the kidney of broiler chickens. Oncotarget. 2016;7:17508-19 pubmed publisher..Firstly, the PERK pathway was activated by increasing eIF2a and ATF4 mRNA expression...
- Liu Y, Qi S, Ru L, Ding C, Wang H, Li A, et al. [Salubrinal improves cardiac function in rats with heart failure post myocardial infarction through reducing endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated apoptosis]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2016;44:494-500 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current study is to investigate the effects of salubrinal (Sal), a selective eIF2a dephosphorylation inhibitor, on heart failure rats and related mechanisms...
- Sharon E, Frenkel N. Human Herpesvirus 6A Exhibits Restrictive Propagation with Limited Activation of the Protein Kinase R-eIF2Î± Stress Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Many viruses have evolved gene products targeting the PKR-eIF2a pathway, indicating its importance in antiviral defense...
- GonzÃ¡lez Almela E, Williams H, Sanz M, Carrasco L. The Initiation Factors eIF2, eIF2A, eIF2D, eIF4A, and eIF4G Are Not Involved in Translation Driven by Hepatitis C Virus IRES in Human Cells. Front Microbiol. 2018;9:207 pubmed publisher..Human HAP1 cells depleted for eIF2A, eIF2D, or both factors, were able to synthesize luciferase from an mRNA bearing the HCV IRES even when eIF2Î± ..
- Bretin A, CarriÃ¨re J, Dalmasso G, Bergougnoux A, B chir W, Maurin A, et al. Activation of the EIF2AK4-EIF2A/eIF2Î±-ATF4 pathway triggers autophagy response to Crohn disease-associated adherent-invasive Escherichia coli infection. Autophagy. 2016;12:770-83 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism, however, remains unknown. Here, we investigated the role of the EIF2AK4-EIF2A/eIF2Î±-ATF4 pathway in the autophagic response to AIEC infection...
- Sanchez Martin M, Ambesi Impiombato A, Qin Y, Herranz D, Bansal M, Girardi T, et al. Synergistic antileukemic therapies in NOTCH1-induced T-ALL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:2006-2011 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, network perturbation analyses showed eIF2A-phosphorylation-mediated inhibition of protein translation as a critical mediator of the antileukemic effects of ..
- Cormerais Y, Massard P, Vucetic M, Giuliano S, TambuttÃ© E, Durivault J, et al. The glutamine transporter ASCT2 (SLC1A5) promotes tumor growth independently of the amino acid transporter LAT1 (SLC7A5). J Biol Chem. 2018;293:2877-2887 pubmed publisher..i>LAT1KO cells, ASCT2KO cells displayed no amino acid (AA) stress response (GCN2/EIF2a/ATF4) or altered mTORC1 activity (S6K1/S6)...
- Amici D, Pinal Fernández I, MÃ¡zala D, Lloyd T, Corse A, Christopher Stine L, et al. Calcium dysregulation, functional calpainopathy, and endoplasmic reticulum stress in sporadic inclusion body myositis. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:24 pubmed publisher..of a Ca2+-activated protease, calpain-1, as well as increased signaling for translational attenuation (eIF2a phosphorylation) downstream of the unfolded protein response...
- Klein B, Tamir H, Hirschberg D, Ludwig R, Glickstein S, Myers M, et al. Oxytocin opposes effects of bacterial endotoxin on ER-stress signaling in Caco2BB gut cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:402-11 pubmed publisher..OT inactivates eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2a (eIF2a) without significant activation of protein kinase RNA-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (..
- Roy S, Esmaeilniakooshkghazi A, Patnaik S, Wang Y, George S, Ahrorov A, et al. Villin-1 and Gelsolin Regulate Changes in Actin Dynamics That Affect Cell Survival Signaling Pathways and Intestinal Inflammation. Gastroenterology. 2018;154:1405-1420.e2 pubmed publisher..pathways result in phosphorylation of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit alpha (EIF2S1 or EIF2A), which affects regulation of protein translation...
- Teoh P, Bi C, Sintosebastian C, Tay L, Fonseca R, Chng W. PRIMA-1 targets the vulnerability of multiple myeloma of deregulated protein homeostasis through the perturbation of ER stress via p73 demethylation. Oncotarget. 2016;7:61806-61819 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, there was a global attenuation of protein synthesis, correlated with phospho-eIF2a up-regulation...
- Klein B, Tamir H, Ludwig R, Glickstein S, Welch M. Colostrum oxytocin modulates cellular stress response, inflammation, and autophagy markers in newborn rat gut villi. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:47-53 pubmed publisher..villi primed and unprimed by colostrum by measuring levels of stress markers including BiP (an ER chaperone), eIF2a (translation initiation factor), and pPKR (eIF2a kinase)...
- You L, Shou J, Deng D, Jiang L, Jing Z, Yao J, et al. Crizotinib induces autophagy through inhibition of the STAT3 pathway in multiple lung cancer cell lines. Oncotarget. 2015;6:40268-82 pubmed publisher..Firstly it inhibited cytoplasmic STAT3, which leads to the phosphorylation of EIF2A, then inhibited nuclear STAT3, which leads to the downregulation of BCL-2...
- Wen L, Han F, Shi Y, Li X. Role of the Endoplasmic Reticulum Pathway in the Medial Prefrontal Cortex in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Model Rats. J Mol Neurosci. 2016;59:471-82 pubmed publisher..levels of three branch signalling pathways of ER: phosphorylated PERK (p-PERK)/phosphorylated eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2A (p-eIF2a), ATF6a/X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1), and IRE1a...
- Bruch J, Xu H, RÃ¶sler T, de Andrade A, Kuhn P, Lichtenthaler S, et al. PERK activation mitigates tau pathology inÂ vitro and inÂ vivo. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:371-384 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the PERK substrate EIF2A, mediating some detrimental effects of PERK signaling, was downregulated in PSP brains and tauopathy models, ..
- Golovko A, Kojukhov A, Guan B, Morpurgo B, Merrick W, Mazumder B, et al. The eIF2A knockout mouse. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:3115-3120 pubmedEukaryotic initiation factor 2A (eIF2A) is a 65-kDa protein that was first identified in the early 1970s as a factor capable of stimulating initiator methionyl-tRNAi (Met-tRNAMeti) binding to 40S ribosomal subunits ..
- Starck S, Tsai J, Chen K, Shodiya M, Wang L, Yahiro K, et al. Translation from the 5' untranslated region shapes the integrated stress response. Science. 2016;351:aad3867 pubmed publisher..BiP expression during the ISR required both the alternative initiation factor eIF2A and non-AUG-initiated uORFs...
- Ren J, Seth P, Ye H, Guo K, Hanai J, Husain Z, et al. Citrate Suppresses Tumor Growth in Multiple Models through Inhibition of Glycolysis, the Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle and the IGF-1R Pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4537 pubmed publisher..suggested that citrate treatment inhibited AKT phosphorylation, activated PTEN and increased expression of p-eIF2a. We also found that p-eIF2a was decreased when PTEN was depleted...
- Su Q, Wang S, Baltzis D, Qu L, Wong A, Koromilas A. Tyrosine phosphorylation acts as a molecular switch to full-scale activation of the eIF2alpha RNA-dependent protein kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:63-8 pubmed..Our data demonstrate an important role of tyrosine phosphorylation in biochemical and biological processes caused or mediated by the activation of the eIF2alpha kinase PKR. ..
- Hong J, Wang L, Zhang T, Zhang B, Chen L. Sigma-1 receptor knockout increases ?-synuclein aggregation and phosphorylation with loss of dopaminergic neurons in substantia nigra. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;59:171-183 pubmed publisher..Levels of phosphorylated eIF2a and C/EBP homologous protein expression were elevated in ?1R-/- mice with decline of ..
- Paytubi S, Morrice N, Boudeau J, Proud C. The N-terminal region of ABC50 interacts with eukaryotic initiation factor eIF2 and is a target for regulatory phosphorylation by CK2. Biochem J. 2008;409:223-31 pubmed..Expression of a mutant of ABC50 in which both sites are mutated to alanine markedly decreased the association of eIF2 with 80S ribosomal and polysomal fractions...
- Mazroui R, Sukarieh R, Bordeleau M, Kaufman R, Northcote P, Tanaka J, et al. Inhibition of ribosome recruitment induces stress granule formation independently of eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4212-9 pubmed..We propose that SG modeling can occur via both eIF2alpha phosphorylation-dependent and -independent pathways that target translation initiation. ..
- Kusio Kobiałka M. [Pro-survival signaling pathways activated by BCR-ABL oncogene in chronic myelogenous leukemia cells: the role of the perk-EIF2? signal path and acetylation of p53]. Postepy Biochem. 2014;60:401-6 pubmed
- Hahn C, Lowrey C. Eukaryotic initiation factor 2? phosphorylation mediates fetal hemoglobin induction through a post-transcriptional mechanism. Blood. 2013;122:477-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings identify eIF2? phosphorylation as a post-transcriptional regulator of HbF induction that may be pharmacologically targeted, either alone or in combination, in ?-hemoglobinopathy patients. ..
- Placzek A, Molfese D, Khatiwada S, Viana Di Prisco G, Huang W, Sidrauski C, et al. Translational control of nicotine-evoked synaptic potentiation in mice and neuronal responses in human smokers by eIF2Î±. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that p-eIF2Î± regulates synaptic actions of nicotine in both mice and humans, and that reduced p-eIF2Î± may enhance susceptibility to nicotine (and other drugs of abuse) during adolescence. ..
- Choy M, Yusoff P, Lee I, Newton J, Goh C, Page R, et al. Structural and Functional Analysis of the GADD34:PP1 eIF2Î± Phosphatase. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1885-91 pubmed publisher..This work greatly enhances our molecular understanding of a major cellular eIF2Î± phosphatase and establishes the foundation for future translational work. ..
- Kepp O, Semeraro M, Bravo San Pedro J, Bloy N, BuquÃ© A, Huang X, et al. eIF2Î± phosphorylation as a biomarker of immunogenic cell death. Semin Cancer Biol. 2015;33:86-92 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the role of the ER stress response in ICD and the potential value of eIF2Î± phosphorylation as a biomarker for this clinically relevant variant of apoptosis. ..
- Merrick W. Mechanism and regulation of eukaryotic protein synthesis. Microbiol Rev. 1992;56:291-315 pubmed..Alternate explanations and various lines of experimentation are proposed to resolve these apparent contradictions. ..
- Saidu N, Touma R, Asali I, Jacob C, Montenarh M. Diallyl tetrasulfane activates both the eIF2? and Nrf2/HO-1 pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:2214-25 pubmed publisher..This study shows for the first time a parallel but not equal activation of signaling pathways by DATTS with a competitive ultimate cellular outcome. ..
- Lee Y, Cevallos R, Jan E. An upstream open reading frame regulates translation of GADD34 during cellular stresses that induce eIF2alpha phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6661-73 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may serve as a model for understanding how other 5'UTR uORF-containing mRNAs are regulated during cellular stress. ..
- Groskreutz D, Babor E, Monick M, Varga S, Hunninghake G. Respiratory syncytial virus limits alpha subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 (eIF2alpha) phosphorylation to maintain translation and viral replication. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24023-31 pubmed publisher..The result is limited phosphorylation of eIF2alpha and continued translation of cellular and viral proteins. ..
- Carraro V, Maurin A, Lambert Langlais S, Averous J, Chaveroux C, Parry L, et al. Amino acid availability controls TRB3 transcription in liver through the GCN2/eIF2?/ATF4 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15716 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this work establishes for the first time that the molecular mechanisms involved in the regulation of gene transcription by amino acid availability are functional in mouse liver. ..
- Scheuner D, Patel R, Wang F, Lee K, Kumar K, Wu J, et al. Double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation of the alpha-subunit of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 mediates apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21458-68 pubmed..We propose that eIF2alpha phosphorylation is fundamentally a death signal, yet it may promote either death or survival, depending upon coincident signaling events. ..
- Gomez E, Powell M, Greenman I, Herbert T. Glucose-stimulated protein synthesis in pancreatic beta-cells parallels an increase in the availability of the translational ternary complex (eIF2-GTP.Met-tRNAi) and the dephosphorylation of eIF2 alpha. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53937-46 pubmed
- Hasegawa H, Hsu A, Tinberg C, Siegler K, Nazarian A, Tsai M. Single amino acid substitution in LC-CDR1 induces Russell body phenotype that attenuates cellular protein synthesis through eIF2Î± phosphorylation and thereby downregulates IgG secretion despite operational secretory pathway traffic. MAbs. 2017;9:854-873 pubmed publisher..Consequently, depending on how soon and how severely an antibody-expressing cell develops the RB phenotype, the productive window of Ig secretion can vary widely among the cells expressing different mAbs. ..
- Chesnokova E, Bal N, Kolosov P. Kinases of eIF2a Switch Translation of mRNA Subset during Neuronal Plasticity. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Of such proteins, we pay close attention to protein kinase M?, which is involved in memory storage and regulated at the translational level. ..
- Wang J, Laschinger C, Zhao X, Mak B, Seth A, McCulloch C. Mechanical force activates eIF-2alpha phospho-kinases in fibroblast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:123-30 pubmed..We conclude that phospho-antibody screening is an efficient method for discovery of novel mechanical force-induced phospho-kinases and force can activate eIF-2alpha phospho-kinases in fibroblasts. ..
- Weiser D, Sikes S, Li S, Shenolikar S. The inhibitor-1 C terminus facilitates hormonal regulation of cellular protein phosphatase-1: functional implications for inhibitor-1 isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48904-14 pubmed..This study demonstrates that multiple domains in I-1 target cellular PP1 complexes and establishes I-1 as a cellular regulator of eIF2alpha phosphorylation. ..
- Jiang Q, He L, Hou Y, Chen J, Duan Y, Deng D, et al. Alpha-ketoglutarate enhances milk protein synthesis by porcine mammary epithelial cells. Amino Acids. 2016;48:2179-88 pubmed publisher..milk-specific proteins (Î±-lactalbumin and Î²-casein), mTOR signaling proteins (mTOR, p-mTOR, PERK, p-PERK, eIF2a, P70S6K and p-P70S6K), and endoplasmic reticulum stress (ERS)-associated proteins (BiP and CHOP) in PMEC were ..
- Komar A, Gross S, Barth Baus D, Strachan R, Hensold J, Goss Kinzy T, et al. Novel characteristics of the biological properties of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae eukaryotic initiation factor 2A. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15601-11 pubmedEukaryotic initiation factor 2A (eIF2A) has been shown to direct binding of the initiator methionyl-tRNA (Met-tRNA(i)) to 40 S ribosomal subunits in a codon-dependent manner, in contrast to eIF2, which requires GTP but not the AUG codon ..
- Gao J, Zhang Y, Yu C, Tan F, Wang L. Spontaneous nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and ER stress in Sidt2 deficiency mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:326-332 pubmed publisher..for unfolded protein response activation, Grp78 and CHOP, as well as significant elevation of downstream p-PERK, p-eIF2a, p-IRE1a, along with ER damage...
- Singh C, Watanabe R, Zhou D, Jennings M, Fukao A, Lee B, et al. Mechanisms of translational regulation by a human eIF5-mimic protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:8314-28 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 5MP1 is not a GEF but a weak GDI for yeast eIF2. We propose that 5MP1 is a partial mimic and competitor of eIF5, interfering with the key steps by which eIF5 regulates eIF2 function. ..
- Huang Y, Ma L, Chen X, Li Z, Huang Y, Shen C, et al. [Genetic polymorphisms of MxA protein and eIF-2a-reg2 and their responses to interferon treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis B]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2007;15:187-91 pubmed..05). Patients with GT genotype at MxA promoter -88 responded well to IFN treatment. SNP as a potential marker could be used to predict IFN treatment responses of patients with chronic hepatitis B. ..
- Kwon O, An S, Kim E, Yu J, Hong K, Lee J, et al. An mRNA-specific tRNAi carrier eIF2A plays a pivotal role in cell proliferation under stress conditions: stress-resistant translation of c-Src mRNA is mediated by eIF2A. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:296-310 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that eIF2A, an alternative tRNAi carrier, is responsible for the stress-resistant translation of c-Src mRNA...
- Liu A, Zhang D, Zhu Y, Gao H, Jiang J, Hu X, et al. Impact of Axis of GHRH and GHRH Receptor on Cell Viability and Apoptosis of the Placental Choriocarcinoma Cell Line. Curr Mol Med. 2016;16:299-311 pubmed..The Most Important Aspect of the Paper: Our present study for the first time provided evidences that GHRH and GHRH-R loops involve in JEG-3 cell viability and apoptosis through Akt and eIF2Î± pathways. ..
- Gorrini C, Loreni F, Gandin V, Sala L, Sonenberg N, Marchisio P, et al. Fibronectin controls cap-dependent translation through beta1 integrin and eukaryotic initiation factors 4 and 2 coordinated pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9200-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that integrins may recruit the translational machinery in a unique way and that FN-dependent translation cannot be blocked by mammalian target of rapamycin inhibition. ..
- Li Y, Zhang C, Chen X, Yu J, Wang Y, Yang Y, et al. ICP34.5 protein of herpes simplex virus facilitates the initiation of protein translation by bridging eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha (eIF2alpha) and protein phosphatase 1. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:24785-92 pubmed publisher..We propose that herpes simplex virus protein ICP34.5 bridges PP1 and eIF2? via their binding motifs and thereby facilitates the protein synthesis and viral replication. ..
- Sadler A, Latchoumanin O, Hawkes D, Mak J, Williams B. An antiviral response directed by PKR phosphorylation of the RNA helicase A. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000311 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate interplay between key components of dsRNA metabolism, both connecting RHA to an important component of innate immunity and delineating an unanticipated role for PKR in RNA metabolism. ..
- Zhang S, Sun Y, Chen H, Dai Y, Zhan Y, Yu S, et al. Activation of the PKR/eIF2? signaling cascade inhibits replication of Newcastle disease virus. Virol J. 2014;11:62 pubmed publisher..PKR is activated by dsRNA generated by NDV infection and inhibits NDV replication by eIF2? phosphorylation. This study provides insight into NDV-host interactions for the development of candidate antiviral strategies. ..
- Dong D, Reece E, Yang P. The Nrf2 Activator Vinylsulfone Reduces High Glucose-Induced Neural Tube Defects by Suppressing Cellular Stress and Apoptosis. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:993-1000 pubmed publisher..kinase RNA-like ER kinase (PERK), inositol requiring protein 1Î± (IRE1a), eukaryotic initiation factor 2Î± (eIF2a), upregulated C/EBP-homologous protein (CHOP), binding immunoglobulin protein (BiP), and x-box binding protein 1 (..
- Liu Q, Peng Y, Zhou P, Qi L, Zhang M, Gao N, et al. 6-Shogaol induces apoptosis in human leukemia cells through a process involving caspase-mediated cleavage of eIF2?. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:135 pubmed publisher..The potent anti-leukemia activity of 6-shogaol found both in vitro and in vivo in our study make this compound a potential anti-tumor agent for hematologic malignancies. ..
- Hao C, Duan H, Li H, Pei M, Liu Y, Fan Y, et al. Up-regulation of ANKDR49, a poor prognostic factor, regulates cell proliferation of gliomas. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..n-terminal kinase), cleveagated Caspase-7, p-Chk1 (checkpoint kinase 1), and p-eIF2a (eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2a)...
- Ghosh H, Reizis B, Robbins P. SIRT1 associates with eIF2-alpha and regulates the cellular stress response. Sci Rep. 2011;1:150 pubmed publisher..Finally, SIRT1 co-immunoprecipitates with mediators of eIF2? dephosphorylation, GADD34 and CreP, suggesting a role for SIRT1 in the negative feedback regulation of eIF2? phosphorylation. ..
- Liao Y, Gu F, Mao X, Niu Q, Wang H, Sun Y, et al. Regulation of de novo translation of host cells by manipulation of PERK/PKR and GADD34-PP1 activity during Newcastle disease virus infection. J Gen Virol. 2016;97:867-79 pubmed publisher..Functionally, GADD34, in conjunction with PP1, dephosphorylated eIF2a and restored protein translation, benefiting virus protein synthesis...
- Thiaville M, Pan Y, Gjymishka A, Zhong C, Kaufman R, Kilberg M. MEK signaling is required for phosphorylation of eIF2alpha following amino acid limitation of HepG2 human hepatoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10848-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results document a critical interdependence between the MEK-ERK MAPK signaling pathway and the amino acid stress-activated pathway. ..
- Wang D, Zavadil J, Martin L, Parisi F, Friedman E, Levy D, et al. Inhibition of nonsense-mediated RNA decay by the tumor microenvironment promotes tumorigenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3670-80 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that NMD inhibition by the tumor microenvironment is also an important mechanism to dynamically regulate genes critical for the response to cellular stress and tumorigenesis. ..
- Persaud L, Zhong X, Alvarado G, Do W, Dejoie J, Zybtseva A, et al. eIF2Î± Phosphorylation Mediates IL24-Induced Apoptosis through Inhibition of Translation. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:1117-1124 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Res; 15(8); 1117-24. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Page A, Owen C, Kumar R, Miller J, Rafols J, White B, et al. Persistent eIF2alpha(P) is colocalized with cytoplasmic cytochrome c in vulnerable hippocampal neurons after 4 hours of reperfusion following 10-minute complete brain ischemia. Acta Neuropathol. 2003;106:8-16 pubmed..Because phosphorylation of eIF2alpha during early brain reperfusion is carried out by PERK, these findings suggest that there is prolonged activation of the unfolded protein response in the reperfused brain. ..
- Zoll W, Horton L, Komar A, Hensold J, Merrick W. Characterization of mammalian eIF2A and identification of the yeast homolog. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37079-87 pubmed..factor (eIF) 2A, a translation initiation factor that binds Met-tRNA(i), tryptic peptides from rabbit reticulocyte eIF2A were analyzed to obtain amino acid sequence information...
- Teng Y, Gao M, Wang J, Kong Q, Hua H, Luo T, et al. Inhibition of eIF2? dephosphorylation enhances TRAIL-induced apoptosis in hepatoma cells. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1060 pubmed publisher..Bim knockdown blunts the stimulatory effect of salubrinal on TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Collectively, these findings suggest that inhibition of eIF2? dephosphorylation may lead to synthetic lethality in TRAIL-treated hepatoma cells. ..
- Figueredo D, Barbosa M, Coimbra D, Dos Santos J, Costa E, Koike B, et al. Usual normalization strategies for gene expression studies impair the detection and analysis of circadian patterns. Chronobiol Int. 2017;:1-14 pubmed publisher..Five widely used HKGs (Actb, Eif2a, Gapdh, Hprt1, and B2m) also presented rhythmic variations not detected by geNorm algorithm...
- Fan Y, He J. HIV-1 Tat Induces Unfolded Protein Response and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Astrocytes and Causes Neurotoxicity through Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) Activation and Aggregation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22819-22829 pubmed
- Li C, Ohn T, Ivanov P, Tisdale S, Anderson P. eIF5A promotes translation elongation, polysome disassembly and stress granule assembly. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9942 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that hypusine-eIF5A-facilitated translation elongation promotes arsenite-induced polysome disassembly and stress granule assembly in cells subjected to adverse environmental conditions...
- Yang J, Ahmed A, Poon E, Perusinghe N, de Haven Brandon A, Box G, et al. Small-molecule activation of p53 blocks hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in vivo and leads to tumor cell apoptosis in normoxia and hypoxia. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2243-53 pubmed publisher..Through the identification of a new mechanism of action for RITA, our study uncovers a novel link between the DNA damage response-p53 pathway and the protein translational machinery. ..
- Zucal C, D Agostino V, Casini A, Mantelli B, Thongon N, Soncini D, et al. EIF2A-dependent translational arrest protects leukemia cells from the energetic stress induced by NAMPT inhibition. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:855 pubmed publisher..arrest in leukemia cells through inhibition of MTOR/4EBP1 signaling and of the initiation factors EIF4E and EIF2A. Specifically, treatment with FK866 is shown to induce 5'AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activation, which, ..
- McAllister C, Taghavi N, Samuel C. Protein kinase PKR amplification of interferon ? induction occurs through initiation factor eIF-2?-mediated translational control. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:36384-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that an eIF-2?-dependent translation inhibition mechanism is sufficient to explain the PKR-mediated amplification of IPS-1-dependent IFN-? induction by foreign RNA. ..
- Podszywalow Bartnicka P, Cmoch A, Wolczyk M, Bugajski L, Tkaczyk M, Dadlez M, et al. Increased phosphorylation of eIF2Î± in chronic myeloid leukemia cells stimulates secretion of matrix modifying enzymes. Oncotarget. 2016;7:79706-79721 pubmed publisher..Our data show that activation of stress response in CML cells may contribute to the disruption of bone marrow niche components by cancer cells and in this way support CML progression. ..
- Willis K, Patel S, Xiang Y, Shisler J. The effect of the vaccinia K1 protein on the PKR-eIF2alpha pathway in RK13 and HeLa cells. Virology. 2009;394:73-81 pubmed publisher..In support of this theory, when PKR was absent from HeLa cells, there was a modest restoration of viral protein synthesis during S2C#2 infection. However, the increased protein synthesis was insufficient for a productive infection...
- Raven J, Baltzis D, Wang S, Mounir Z, Papadakis A, Gao H, et al. PKR and PKR-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase induce the proteasome-dependent degradation of cyclin D1 via a mechanism requiring eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3097-108 pubmed
- Jeon Y, Kim J, Shin J, Jeong M, Cho J, Lee K. Salubrinal-Mediated Upregulation of eIF2Î± Phosphorylation Increases Doxorubicin Sensitivity in MCF-7/ADR Cells. Mol Cells. 2016;39:129-35 pubmed publisher..However, MCF-7 cells did not show such synergic effects. These results suggest that dephosphorylation of eIF2Î± by GADD34 plays an important role in doxorubicin resistance in MCF-7/ADR cells. ..
- Bellato H, Hajj G. Translational control by eIF2? in neurons: Beyond the stress response. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2016;73:551-565 pubmed publisher..This review consolidates current information regarding eIF2? phosphorylation in neurons and its impact in neurodegenerative diseases. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Zhou D, Palam L, Jiang L, Narasimhan J, Staschke K, Wek R. Phosphorylation of eIF2 directs ATF5 translational control in response to diverse stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:7064-73 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that eIF2 kinases direct the translational expression of multiple transcription regulators by a mechanism involving delayed translation reinitiation. ..
- Tsukumo Y, Tsukahara S, Furuno A, Iemura S, Natsume T, Tomida A. TBL2 is a novel PERK-binding protein that modulates stress-signaling and cell survival during endoplasmic reticulum stress. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112761 pubmed publisher..Consistently, TBL2 knockdown rendered cells vulnerable to stresses similarly to PERK knockdown. Thus, TBL2 serves as a potential regulator of the PERK pathway. ..
- Fritsch R, Schneider G, Saur D, Scheibel M, Schmid R. Translational repression of MCL-1 couples stress-induced eIF2 alpha phosphorylation to mitochondrial apoptosis initiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22551-62 pubmed..Down-regulation of MCL-1 enables but not enforces apoptosis initiation in stressed cells. ..