Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E-cadherin
Description: cadherin 1
Alias: Arc-1, BCDS1, CD324, CDHE, ECAD, LCAM, UVO, cadherin-1, CAM 120/80, E-cadherin 1, cadherin 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), cadherin 1, type 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), calcium-dependent adhesion protein, epithelial, cell-CAM 120/80, epithelial cadherin, uvomorulin
Publications283 found, 100 shown here
- Klingelhofer J, Troyanovsky R, Laur O, Troyanovsky S. Exchange of catenins in cadherin-catenin complex. Oncogene. 2003;22:1181-8 pubmed..This beta-catenin exchange is strongly affected in cells that contain mutations in the tumor suppressor gene APC. This process may contribute significantly to both cell-cell adhesion and beta-catenin-dependent signaling. ..
- Widschwendter A, Ivarsson L, Blassnig A, Müller H, Fiegl H, Wiedemair A, et al. CDH1 and CDH13 methylation in serum is an independent prognostic marker in cervical cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2004;109:163-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that detection of aberrant methylation of CDH1/CDH13 may be of potential use as a marker for selecting cervical cancer patients at high risk for relapse who could benefit from additional systemic therapy. ..
- Graziano F, Arduini F, Ruzzo A, Mandolesi A, Bearzi I, Silva R, et al. Combined analysis of E-cadherin gene (CDH1) promoter hypermethylation and E-cadherin protein expression in patients with gastric cancer: implications for treatment with demethylating drugs. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:489-92 pubmed..The knowledge on the hypermethylation status of tumor suppressor genes may be relevant to the development of demethylating drugs and novel chemopreventive strategies in solid tumors. ..
- Annicotte J, Iankova I, Miard S, Fritz V, Sarruf D, Abella A, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma regulates E-cadherin expression and inhibits growth and invasion of prostate cancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7561-74 pubmed..These results open up new therapeutic perspectives in the treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Shen Y, Hirsch D, SASIELA C, Wu W. Cdc42 regulates E-cadherin ubiquitination and degradation through an epidermal growth factor receptor to Src-mediated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5127-37 pubmed..Our data support a model that activation of Cdc42 contributes to mesenchyme-like phenotype by targeting of E-cadherin for lysosomal degradation. ..
- Gutierrez G, Tsuji T, Chen M, Jiang W, Ronai Z. Interplay between Cdh1 and JNK activity during the cell cycle. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:686-95 pubmed publisher..This regulatory mechanism between JNK and Cdh1 reveals an important function for JNK during the cell cycle. ..
- Bougen N, Amiry N, Yuan Y, Kong X, Pandey V, Vidal L, et al. Trefoil factor 1 suppression of E-CADHERIN enhances prostate carcinoma cell invasiveness and metastasis. Cancer Lett. 2013;332:19-29 pubmed publisher..The capacity of TFF1 to enhance cell migration/invasion is mediated by transcriptional repression of E-CADHERIN. Consideration of targeted inhibition of TFF1 to prevent metastasis of prostate carcinoma is warranted. ..
- Tang B, Peng Z, Yu P, Yu G, Qian F. Expression and significance of Cx43 and E-cadherin in gastric cancer and metastatic lymph nodes. Med Oncol. 2011;28:502-8 pubmed publisher..However, concurrent increased expression of Cx43 and E-cadherin may contribute to the efficient metastasis of gastric cancer to the lymph nodes. ..
- Morrogh M, Andrade V, Giri D, Sakr R, Paik W, Qin L, et al. Cadherin-catenin complex dissociation in lobular neoplasia of the breast. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:641-52 pubmed publisher..Decreasing membranous catenin expression in tandem with increasing levels of TWIST across the spectrum of lobular lesions suggests that CCC dissociation is a progressive process. ..
- Richards F, McKee S, Rajpar M, Cole T, Evans D, Jankowski J, et al. Germline E-cadherin gene (CDH1) mutations predispose to familial gastric cancer and colorectal cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:607-10 pubmed..Thus, CDH1 should be investigated as a cause of inherited susceptibility to both gastric and colorectal cancers. ..
- Utsuki S, Oka H, Sato Y, Kawano N, Tsuchiya B, Kobayashi I, et al. Invasive meningioma is associated with a low expression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin. Clin Neuropathol. 2005;24:8-12 pubmed..These results suggest that a reduction in cell adhesion molecules and increased proliferative activity may be related, which may lead to a better understanding of the mechanism of meningioma expansion in the future. ..
- Canavese G, Bernardi A, Candelaresi G, Lovadina P, Amerio S, Rossetti V, et al. Expression of the E-cadherin-catenins complex in sentinel node is related to tumor morphology but not to spread to nonsentinel nodes. Pathol Res Pract. 2007;203:517-23 pubmed..Moreover, considering traditional histopathologic parameters, only vascular peritumoral embolization was related to an increased risk of metastatic spread to axillary NSNs. ..
- Winter J, Ting A, Vilardell F, Gallmeier E, Baylin S, Hruban R, et al. Absence of E-cadherin expression distinguishes noncohesive from cohesive pancreatic cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:412-8 pubmed publisher..Noncohesive pancreatic cancers were characterized by the loss of E-cadherin protein expression. Promoter hypermethylation is a possible mechanism of E-cadherin gene silencing in a subset of these cancers. ..
- Niu L, He J, Wang K, Zhang W, Zhou C. [Abnormal expression of beta-catenin and E-cadherin in Her2-positive breast cancer and its implications]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2009;29:2237-40 pubmed
- Schreider C, Peignon G, Thenet S, Chambaz J, Pincon Raymond M. Integrin-mediated functional polarization of Caco-2 cells through E-cadherin--actin complexes. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:543-52 pubmed
- Kovacs E, Goodwin M, Ali R, Paterson A, Yap A. Cadherin-directed actin assembly: E-cadherin physically associates with the Arp2/3 complex to direct actin assembly in nascent adhesive contacts. Curr Biol. 2002;12:379-82 pubmed
- Pharoah P, Oliveira C, Machado J, Keller G, Vogelsang H, Laux H, et al. CDH1 c-160a promotor polymorphism is not associated with risk of stomach cancer. Int J Cancer. 2002;101:196-7 pubmed..3 (95% CI 0.98-1.8) and 1.2 (0.68-2.0) for rare homozygotes compared with common homozygotes. We found no evidence for differences in risk for the intestinal- and diffuse-type histopathologic subgroups. ..
- Zhang X, Ma X, Zhu Q, Li L, Chen Z, Ye Z. Association between a C/A single nucleotide polymorphism of the E-cadherin gene promoter and transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. J Urol. 2003;170:1379-82 pubmed..05). The -160 C/A single nucleotide polymorphism of the E-cadherin gene promoter is associated with TCCB. This single nucleotide polymorphism may serve as a prognostic marker of TCCB. ..
- Lombaerts M, Middeldorp J, van der Weide E, Philippo K, van Wezel T, Smit V, et al. Infiltrating leukocytes confound the detection of E-cadherin promoter methylation in tumors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:697-704 pubmed..Here we show that out of six lobular tumors lacking E-cadherin protein expression, three have tumor-associated CDH1 promoter methylation while in three other tumors no methylation is detected. ..
- Hoshino T, Sakisaka T, Baba T, Yamada T, Kimura T, Takai Y. Regulation of E-cadherin endocytosis by nectin through afadin, Rap1, and p120ctn. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24095-103 pubmed
- Turnell A, Stewart G, Grand R, Rookes S, Martin A, Yamano H, et al. The APC/C and CBP/p300 cooperate to regulate transcription and cell-cycle progression. Nature. 2005;438:690-5 pubmed..Taken together, our results define discrete roles for the APC/C-CBP/p300 complexes in growth regulation. ..
- Liu W, Li W, Fujita T, Yang Q, Wan Y. Proteolysis of CDH1 enhances susceptibility to UV radiation-induced apoptosis. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:263-72 pubmed publisher..The present results unveil a novel role for the APC in UV-induced cell death and demonstrate a new regulatory mechanism for APC/CDH1 through proteolysis. ..
- Dong L, Liu L, Ma C, Li J, Du C, Xu S, et al. E-cadherin promotes proliferation of human ovarian cancer cells in vitro via activating MEK/ERK pathway. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:817-22 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin may function as a tumor proliferation enhancer via activating the MEK/ERK pathway in development of ovarian epithelial cancers. ..
- Beavon I. The E-cadherin-catenin complex in tumour metastasis: structure, function and regulation. Eur J Cancer. 2000;36:1607-20 pubmed..The interaction of the E-cadherin-catenin complex with various regulating factors, their effect on cell signalling pathways, and the relationship with the metastatic potential of tumours are reviewed. ..
- Sarrio D, Moreno Bueno G, Hardisson D, Sánchez Estevez C, Guo M, Herman J, et al. Epigenetic and genetic alterations of APC and CDH1 genes in lobular breast cancer: relationships with abnormal E-cadherin and catenin expression and microsatellite instability. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:208-15 pubmed..The same tumors also show genetic and epigenetic alterations of APC gene. However, altered CDH1 and APC genes do not promote beta-catenin accumulation in this tumor type. ..
- Laprise P, Viel A, Rivard N. Human homolog of disc-large is required for adherens junction assembly and differentiation of human intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10157-66 pubmed..We conclude that hDlg may be a determinant in E-cadherin-mediated adhesion and signaling in mammalian epithelial cells. ..
- Oliveira C, Sousa S, Pinheiro H, Karam R, Bordeira Carriço R, Senz J, et al. Quantification of epigenetic and genetic 2nd hits in CDH1 during hereditary diffuse gastric cancer syndrome progression. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:2137-48 pubmed publisher..We quantified the different 2nd hits in CDH1 occurring in neoplastic lesions from HDGC patients...
- Céspedes M, Larriba M, Pavon M, Alamo P, Casanova I, Parreño M, et al. Site-dependent E-cadherin cleavage and nuclear translocation in a metastatic colorectal cancer model. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2067-79 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have established a colorectal cancer metastasis model in which E-cadherin proteolyis and nuclear translocation associates with aggressive foci growth only in the peritoneal microenvironment. ..
- Stanczak A, Stec R, Bodnar L, Olszewski W, Cichowicz M, Kozlowski W, et al. Prognostic significance of Wnt-1, ?-catenin and E-cadherin expression in advanced colorectal carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17:955-63 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that Wnt/?-catenin pathway plays an important role in advanced colorectal carcinoma. ..
- Kanai Y, Oda T, Tsuda H, Ochiai A, Hirohashi S. Point mutation of the E-cadherin gene in invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1994;85:1035-9 pubmed..This mutation may abolish the E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and be at least partly responsible for the weak intercellular adhesiveness and scattered histological pattern of the tumor. ..
- Ye Y, Tian H, Lange A, Yearsley K, Robertson F, Barsky S. The genesis and unique properties of the lymphovascular tumor embolus are because of calpain-regulated proteolysis of E-cadherin. Oncogene. 2013;32:1702-13 pubmed publisher..This calpain-mediated proteolysis of E-cad generates the formation of the lymphovascular embolus and is responsible for its unique properties of increased homotypic adhesion, apoptosis resistance and budding. ..
- Takahashi K, Suzuki K, Tsukatani Y. Induction of tyrosine phosphorylation and association of beta-catenin with EGF receptor upon tryptic digestion of quiescent cells at confluence. Oncogene. 1997;15:71-8 pubmed..beta-Catenin thus phosphorylated at tyrosine is suggested to play the role in preventing alpha-catenin once dissociated from reassociating with E-cadherin until cells reach confluence. ..
- Hajra K, Chen D, Fearon E. The SLUG zinc-finger protein represses E-cadherin in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:1613-8 pubmed..Taken together, the data indicate the E-box elements in the proximal E-cadherin promoter are critical in transcriptional repression of the E-cadherin gene, and SLUG is a likely in vivo repressor of E-cadherin in breast cancer. ..
- Humar B, Graziano F, Cascinu S, Catalano V, Ruzzo A, Magnani M, et al. Association of CDH1 haplotypes with susceptibility to sporadic diffuse gastric cancer. Oncogene. 2002;21:8192-5 pubmed..004). However, this analysis suggested the -160C-->A CDH1 promoter polymorphism may be in linkage disequilibrium with a distinct aetiological locus or acts in combination with other functional variants in or near the CDH1 region. ..
- Suriano G, Yew S, Ferreira P, Senz J, Kaurah P, Ford J, et al. Characterization of a recurrent germ line mutation of the E-cadherin gene: implications for genetic testing and clinical management. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:5401-9 pubmed..Prophylactic gastrectomy is potentially a lifesaving procedure and clinical breast screening is recommended for asymptomatic mutation carriers. ..
- Margulis A, Zhang W, Alt Holland A, Pawagi S, Prabhu P, Cao J, et al. Loss of intercellular adhesion activates a transition from low- to high-grade human squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:821-31 pubmed..early-stage epithelial tumor cells (HaCaT-II-4) through expression of a dominant-negative form of E-cadherin (H-2Kd-Ecad)...
- Pookot D, Li L, Tabatabai Z, Tanaka Y, Greene K, Dahiya R. The E-cadherin -160 C/A polymorphism and prostate cancer risk in white and black American men. J Urol. 2006;176:793-6 pubmed..4-fold decrease in prostate cancer risk (95% CI 0.22 to 0.81) compared to the C allele. The A allele of the E-cadherin -160 single nucleotide polymorphism represents a prostate cancer risk factor in white but not in black men. ..
- Jenab M, McKay J, Ferrari P, Biessy C, Laing S, Munar G, et al. CDH1 gene polymorphisms, smoking, Helicobacter pylori infection and the risk of gastric cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC-EURGAST). Eur J Cancer. 2008;44:774-80 pubmed publisher..However, three CDH1 polymorphisms in the same haplotype block, including the CDH1-160C/A, interacted with smoking to increase GC risk in smokers but not in never smokers. These findings should be confirmed in larger independent studies. ..
- Desclozeaux M, Venturato J, Wylie F, Kay J, Joseph S, Le H, et al. Active Rab11 and functional recycling endosome are required for E-cadherin trafficking and lumen formation during epithelial morphogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C545-56 pubmed publisherThe correct targeting and trafficking of the adherens junction protein epithelial cadherin (E-cadherin) is a major determinant for the acquisition of epithelial cell polarity and for the maintenance of epithelial integrity...
- Pinheiro H, Bordeira Carriço R, Seixas S, Carvalho J, Senz J, Oliveira P, et al. Allele-specific CDH1 downregulation and hereditary diffuse gastric cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:943-52 pubmed publisher..Germline CDH1 AI is highly frequent among CDH1 mutation-negative probands but was not seen in cancer-free individuals. This implicates the CDH1 locus in the majority of mutation-negative HDGC families. ..
- Huntsman D, Carneiro F, Lewis F, MacLeod P, Hayashi A, Monaghan K, et al. Early gastric cancer in young, asymptomatic carriers of germ-line E-cadherin mutations. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:1904-9 pubmed..We recommend genetic counseling and consideration of prophylactic gastrectomy in young, asymptomatic carriers of germ-line truncating CDH1 mutations who belong to families with highly penetrant hereditary diffuse gastric cancer. ..
- Kizhatil K, Davis J, Davis L, Hoffman J, Hogan B, Bennett V. Ankyrin-G is a molecular partner of E-cadherin in epithelial cells and early embryos. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26552-61 pubmed..Biol. Chem. 282, 2029-2037 ). Together with the current findings, these data suggest a ankyrin/spectrin-based mechanism for coordinating membrane assembly with extracellular interactions of E-cadherin at sites of cell-cell contact. ..
- Arumugam T, Ramachandran V, Fournier K, Wang H, Marquis L, Abbruzzese J, et al. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition contributes to drug resistance in pancreatic cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5820-8 pubmed publisher..012). Therefore, our results suggest that Zeb-1 and other regulators of EMT may maintain drug resistance in human pancreatic cancer cells, and therapeutic strategies to inhibit Zeb-1 and reverse EMT should be evaluated. ..
- Jang T, Cha W, Lee K. Reciprocal correlation between the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and E-cadherin in human bladder transitional cell carcinomas. Virchows Arch. 2010;457:319-28 pubmed publisher..We suggest that COX-2 pathway reduces membranous E-cadherin expression in bladder TCCs and their expression pattern may provide important information in predicting the clinical behavior of bladder TCCs. ..
- Lu Q, Paredes M, Medina M, Zhou J, Cavallo R, Peifer M, et al. delta-catenin, an adhesive junction-associated protein which promotes cell scattering. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:519-32 pubmed..We propose that delta-catenin can regulate adhesion molecules to implement the organization of large cellular arrays necessary for tissue morphogenesis. ..
- Tan X, Nieters A, Kropp S, Hoffmeister M, Brenner H, Chang Claude J. The association of cyclin D1 G870A and E-cadherin C-160A polymorphisms with the risk of colorectal cancer in a case control study and meta-analysis. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:2573-80 pubmed publisher..However, the CCND1 G870A polymorphism may modify the protective effect of postmenopausal hormone use on the development of CRC. ..
- Shi B, Laudon V, Yu S, Dong D, Zhu Y, Xu Z. E-cadherin tissue expression and urinary soluble forms of E-cadherin in patients with bladder transitional cell carcinoma. Urol Int. 2008;81:320-4 pubmed publisher..Expression of E-CD in the tissue of TCC and the urinary level of sE-CD are very closely associated with the biological behaviors of bladder TCC. ..
- Yu J, Miao Y, Xu H, Liu Y, Jiang G, Stoecker M, et al. N-terminal 1-54 amino acid sequence and Armadillo repeat domain are indispensable for P120-catenin isoform 1A in regulating E-cadherin. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37008 pubmed publisher..P120ctn isoform 1A exerts opposing effects on cell invasiveness, corresponding to the subcellular localization of E-cadherin. ..
- Lazari P, Poulias H, Gakiopoulou H, Thomopoulou G, Barbatis C, Lazaris A. Differential immunohistochemical expression of CD44s, E-cadherin and ?-catenin among hyperplastic and neoplastic lesions of the prostate gland. Urol Int. 2013;90:109-16 pubmed publisher..The ?-catenin staining pattern in neoplastic lesions, either preinvasive or invasive, differs from that in non-neoplastic prostate lesions. ..
- Yoshiura K, Kanai Y, Ochiai A, Shimoyama Y, Sugimura T, Hirohashi S. Silencing of the E-cadherin invasion-suppressor gene by CpG methylation in human carcinomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7416-9 pubmed
- Gupta A, Deshpande C, Badve S. Role of E-cadherins in development of lymphatic tumor emboli. Cancer. 2003;97:2341-7 pubmed
- Matthews K, Leong C, Baxter L, Inglis E, Yun K, Bäckström B, et al. Depletion of Langerhans cells in human papillomavirus type 16-infected skin is associated with E6-mediated down regulation of E-cadherin. J Virol. 2003;77:8378-85 pubmed..Through this pathway, E6 expression in HPV16-infected KC may limit presentation of viral antigens by LC to the immune system, thus preventing the initiation of a cell-mediated immune response and promoting survival of the virus. ..
- Kuefer R, Hofer M, Gschwend J, Pienta K, Sanda M, Chinnaiyan A, et al. The role of an 80 kDa fragment of E-cadherin in the metastatic progression of prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:6447-52 pubmed
- Reynolds A, Carnahan R. Regulation of cadherin stability and turnover by p120ctn: implications in disease and cancer. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2004;15:657-63 pubmed..Thus, it is possible that the classic observation of E-cadherin-deficiency in metastatic cancer may in some cases be due to p120 downregulation rather than better understood mechanisms acting at the level of E-cadherin transcription. ..
- Le Floc h A, Jalil A, Vergnon I, Le Maux Chansac B, Lazar V, Bismuth G, et al. Alpha E beta 7 integrin interaction with E-cadherin promotes antitumor CTL activity by triggering lytic granule polarization and exocytosis. J Exp Med. 2007;204:559-70 pubmed..Thus, CD8(+)/CD103(+) tumor-reactive T lymphocytes infiltrating epithelial tumors most likely play a major role in antitumor cytotoxic response through alpha(E)beta(7)-E-cadherin interactions. ..
- Chen Q, Deng W, Li X, Liu X, Wang J, Wang L, et al. Novel CDH1 germline mutations identified in Chinese gastric cancer patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:909-16 pubmed publisher..This study reveals novel mutations in sporadic GC patients which had been poorly investigated for susceptibility genes. ..
- Ikenouchi J, Matsuda M, Furuse M, Tsukita S. Regulation of tight junctions during the epithelium-mesenchyme transition: direct repression of the gene expression of claudins/occludin by Snail. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1959-67 pubmed..e. the expression of adherens and tight junction adhesion molecules, respectively). ..
- Charalabopoulos K, Gogali A, Dalavaga Y, Daskalopoulos G, Vassiliou M, Bablekos G, et al. The clinical significance of soluble E-cadherin in nonsmall cell lung cancer. Exp Oncol. 2006;28:83-5 pubmed..Our data suggest that E-cad plays a role in the pathogenesis of NSCLC. sE-cad levels may be further studied as a potential prognostic biomarker. ..
- Perrais M, Chen X, Perez Moreno M, Gumbiner B. E-cadherin homophilic ligation inhibits cell growth and epidermal growth factor receptor signaling independently of other cell interactions. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2013-25 pubmed..Thus, E-cadherin homophilic binding independent of other cell contacts directly transduces growth inhibition by a beta-catenin-dependent mechanism that inhibits selective signaling functions of growth factor receptors. ..
- Perri F, Cotugno R, Piepoli A, Merla A, Quitadamo M, Gentile A, et al. Aberrant DNA methylation in non-neoplastic gastric mucosa of H. Pylori infected patients and effect of eradication. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007;102:1361-71 pubmed..While CDH1 methylation seems to be an early event in Hp gastritis, MLH1 methylation occurs late along with IM. Hp eradication is able to significantly reduce gene methylation thus delaying or reversing Hp-induced gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Cotto Rios X, Jones M, Busino L, Pagano M, Huang T. APC/CCdh1-dependent proteolysis of USP1 regulates the response to UV-mediated DNA damage. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:177-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose a role for APC/C(Cdh1) in modulating the status of PCNA monoubiquitination and UV DNA repair before S phase entry. ..
- Mukherjee M, Chow S, Yusoff P, Seetharaman J, Ng C, Sinniah S, et al. Structure of a novel phosphotyrosine-binding domain in Hakai that targets E-cadherin. EMBO J. 2012;31:1308-19 pubmed publisher..ZNF645 also possesses a HYB domain but demonstrates different target specificities. The HYB domain is structurally different from other phosphotyrosine-binding domains and is a potential drug target due to its novel structural features. ..
- Berx G, Cleton Jansen A, Nollet F, de Leeuw W, van de Vijver M, Cornelisse C, et al. E-cadherin is a tumour/invasion suppressor gene mutated in human lobular breast cancers. EMBO J. 1995;14:6107-15 pubmed..These findings offer a molecular explanation for the typical scattered tumour cell growth in infiltrative lobular breast cancer. ..
- Hazan R, Kang L, Roe S, Borgen P, Rimm D. Vinculin is associated with the E-cadherin adhesion complex. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32448-53 pubmed..These results suggest that vinculin plays a role in the establishment or regulation of the cadherin-based cell adhesion complex by direct interaction with beta-catenin. ..
- Bryant D, Kerr M, Hammond L, Joseph S, Mostov K, Teasdale R, et al. EGF induces macropinocytosis and SNX1-modulated recycling of E-cadherin. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1818-28 pubmed..Together, these findings demonstrate a role for SNX1 in retrieval of E-cadherin from a degradative endosomal pathway and in membrane trafficking pathways that regulate E-cadherin recycling. ..
- Zhang C, Mao L, Li L, Tian Z, Zhou X, Zhang Z, et al. Promoter methylation as a common mechanism for inactivating E-cadherin in human salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma. Cancer. 2007;110:87-95 pubmed..The objective of this study was to determine the role and potential clinical implications of promoter methylation of E-cad in salivary gland ACC...
- Simões Correia J, Figueiredo J, Oliveira C, van Hengel J, Seruca R, van Roy F, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum quality control: a new mechanism of E-cadherin regulation and its implication in cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3566-76 pubmed publisher..We show that ERQC plays a major role in E-cadherin regulation and propose that overcoming this regulation may represent an approach to rescue E-cadherin expression and functionality in cancer. ..
- Hazan R, Norton L. The epidermal growth factor receptor modulates the interaction of E-cadherin with the actin cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9078-84 pubmed
- Lu Y, Xu Y, Shen J, Yu R, Niu J, Guo J, et al. E-cadherin gene C-160A promoter polymorphism and risk of non-cardia gastric cancer in a Chinese population. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:56-60 pubmed..78-1.72 for CA genotype, and OR = 0.90 and 95% CI = 0.42-2.01 for AA genotype). E-cadherin gene C-160A promoter polymorphism may not play a major role in the etiology of non-cardia gastric cancer in Chinese population. ..
- Stehbens S, Paterson A, Crampton M, Shewan A, Ferguson C, Akhmanova A, et al. Dynamic microtubules regulate the local concentration of E-cadherin at cell-cell contacts. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1801-11 pubmed
- Roger L, Jullien L, Gire V, Roux P. Gain of oncogenic function of p53 mutants regulates E-cadherin expression uncoupled from cell invasion in colon cancer cells. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1295-305 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that independent control of E-cadherin expression and cell motility could be essential molecular events in p53 mutant-induced invasive phenotypes. ..
- Luo M, Li Z, Wang W, Zeng Y, Liu Z, Qiu J. Long non-coding RNA H19 increases bladder cancer metastasis by associating with EZH2 and inhibiting E-cadherin expression. Cancer Lett. 2013;333:213-21 pubmed publisher..A significant negative correlation is also observed between H19 levels and E-cad levels in vivo. These data suggest that upregulated H19 enhances bladder cancer metastasis by associating with EZH2 and inhibiting E-cad expression. ..
- Song Y, Zhang S. Association of CDH1 promoter polymorphism and the risk of non-syndromic orofacial clefts in a Chinese Han population. Arch Oral Biol. 2011;56:68-72 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine the association of rs16260 with risk of NSOC and its subgroups in a Chinese Han population...
- Yuan Z, Wong S, Borrelli A, Chung M. Down-regulation of MUC1 in cancer cells inhibits cell migration by promoting E-cadherin/catenin complex formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:740-6 pubmed..This study suggested that MUC1 may affect cancer cell migration by increasing E-cadherin/beta-catenin complex formation and restoring E-cadherin membrane localization. ..
- Herfs M, Hubert P, Kholod N, Caberg J, Gilles C, Berx G, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta1-mediated Slug and Snail transcription factor up-regulation reduces the density of Langerhans cells in epithelial metaplasia by affecting E-cadherin expression. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:1391-402 pubmed publisher
- Zhou K, Wang G, Wang Y, Jin H, Yang S, Liu C. The potential involvement of E-cadherin and beta-catenins in meningioma. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11231 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study provided novel molecular targets in clinical treatments to meningioma. ..
- Ohishi Y, Oda Y, Kurihara S, Kaku T, Kobayashi H, Wake N, et al. Nuclear localization of E-cadherin but not beta-catenin in human ovarian granulosa cell tumours and normal ovarian follicles and ovarian stroma. Histopathology. 2011;58:423-32 pubmed publisher..Nuclear translocation of E-cadherin might contribute to ovarian folliculogenesis or granulosa/stromal cell differentiation. ..
- Kamoto T, Isogawa Y, Shimizu Y, Minamiguchi S, Kinoshita H, Kakehi Y, et al. Association of a genetic polymorphism of the E-cadherin gene with prostate cancer in a Japanese population. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2005;35:158-61 pubmed..93, P = 0.016). It is possible that the presence of one A allele resulted in an increased risk of cancer progression. ..
- Lombaerts M, van Wezel T, Philippo K, Dierssen J, Zimmerman R, Oosting J, et al. E-cadherin transcriptional downregulation by promoter methylation but not mutation is related to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer cell lines. Br J Cancer. 2006;94:661-71 pubmed..e. ZFHX1B, SNAI2, but not SNAI1, TWIST), annexins, AP1/2 transcription factors and members of the actin and intermediate filament cytoskeleton organisation. ..
- Yang J, Zong C, Xia W, Wei Y, Ali Seyed M, Li Z, et al. MDM2 promotes cell motility and invasiveness by regulating E-cadherin degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7269-82 pubmed..This novel MDM2-regulated pathway is likely to play a biologically relevant role in cancer metastasis. ..