Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DROSHA
Description: drosha ribonuclease III
Alias: ETOHI2, HSA242976, RANSE3L, RN3, RNASE3L, RNASEN, ribonuclease 3, RNase III, drosha, double-stranded RNA-specific endoribonuclease, nuclear RNase III Drosha, p241, ribonuclease type III, nuclear
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- MicroRNA binding to the HIV-1 Gag protein inhibits Gag assembly and virus productionAntony K Chen
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E2676-83. 2014....
- Histone deacetylase 1 enhances microRNA processing via deacetylation of DGCR8Taeko Wada
Division of Stem Cell Regulation, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
EMBO Rep 13:142-9. 2012Relatively little is known about the regulatory mechanisms of the Drosha/DGCR8 complex, which processes miRNAs at the initial step of biogenesis...
- A novel type of RNase III family proteins in eukaryotesV Filippov
Department of Entomology, Graduate Programs in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Genetics, University of California, Riverside, CA, USA
Gene 245:213-21. 2000The RNase III family of double-stranded RNA-specific endonucleases is characterized by the presence of a highly conserved 9 amino acid stretch in their catalytic center known as the RNase III signature motif...
- Human RNase III is a 160-kDa protein involved in preribosomal RNA processingH Wu
Department of Structural Biology, Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA
J Biol Chem 275:36957-65. 2000A human RNase III gene encodes a protein of 160 kDa with multiple domains, a proline-rich, a serine- and arginine-rich, and an RNase III domain...
- The nuclear RNase III Drosha initiates microRNA processingYoontae Lee
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics and School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Nature 425:415-9. 2003..Dicer, a member of the RNase III superfamily of bidentate nucleases, mediates the latter step, whereas the processing enzyme for the former step ..
- The Microprocessor complex mediates the genesis of microRNAsRichard I Gregory
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nature 432:235-40. 2004..miRNAs are processed by the RNA-mediated interference machinery. Drosha is an RNase III enzyme that was recently implicated in miRNA processing...
- Recognition and cleavage of primary microRNA precursors by the nuclear processing enzyme DroshaYan Zeng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
EMBO J 24:138-48. 2005..human microRNA maturation is the processing of the primary microRNA transcript by the nuclear RNaseIII enzyme Drosha to generate the approximately 60-nucleotide precursor microRNA hairpin...
- The Drosha-DGCR8 complex in primary microRNA processingJinju Han
School of Biological Sciences and Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, Korea
Genes Dev 18:3016-27. 2004RNase III proteins play key roles in microRNA (miRNA) biogenesis. The nuclear RNase III Drosha cleaves primary miRNAs (pri-miRNAs) to release hairpin-shaped pre-miRNAs that are subsequently cut by the cytoplasmic RNase III Dicer to ..
- The human DiGeorge syndrome critical region gene 8 and Its D. melanogaster homolog are required for miRNA biogenesisMarkus Landthaler
Laboratory of RNA Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 186, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Biol 14:2162-7. 2004..Drosha RNase III catalyzes the first excision event, the release in the nucleus of a hairpin RNA (pre-miRNA), which is followed ..
- RNASEN regulates cell proliferation and affects survival in esophageal cancer patientsNobuyoshi Sugito
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:7322-8. 2006..It is possible that deregulation of miRNA may contribute to the oncogenesis of some cancers. We studied the expression level of the miRNA processing enzyme (DICER1, DGCR8, and RNASEN) in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC).
- Processing of intronic microRNAsYoung Kook Kim
Department of Biological Sciences and Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
EMBO J 26:775-83. 2007..The primary transcripts are cleaved by Drosha to release approximately 70 nt pre-miRNAs that are subsequently processed by Dicer to generate mature ..
- Oncogenic All1 fusion proteins target Drosha-mediated microRNA processingTatsuya Nakamura
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10980-5. 2007..and continuing into excision of a stem-loop hairpin structure within pri-miRNA by the nuclear RNaseIII enzyme Drosha, transportation to the cytoplasm, and further processing by a second RNaseIII enzyme Dicer, into a 22-base mature ..
- Nucleolar localization of DGCR8 and identification of eleven DGCR8-associated proteinsAiko Shiohama
Department of Molecular Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan GSP Center, The Leading Institute of Keio University, Ibaraki, Japan
Exp Cell Res 313:4196-207. 2007..We detected at least four kinds of protein complex, such as DROSHA/DGCR8, DGCR8/Nucleolin, DGCR8/ILF3 and ILF3/XPO5, by co-immunoprecipitation...
- SMAD proteins control DROSHA-mediated microRNA maturationBrandi N Davis
Department of Biochemistry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Nature 454:56-61. 2008..promoting the processing of primary transcripts of miR-21 (pri-miR-21) into precursor miR-21 (pre-miR-21) by the DROSHA (also known as RNASEN) complex...
- Integrative genomics analysis of chromosome 5p gain in cervical cancer reveals target over-expressed genes, including DroshaLuigi Scotto
Department of Pathology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Mol Cancer 7:58. 2008..These changes may possess oncogenic properties by deregulating tumor-related genes. Gain of short arm of chromosome 5 (5p) is the most frequent karyotypic change in CC...
- The FHA domain proteins DAWDLE in Arabidopsis and SNIP1 in humans act in small RNA biogenesisBin Yu
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, Institute of Integrative Genome Biology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:10073-8. 2008..In addition, we found that SNIP1, the human homolog of DDL, is involved in miRNA biogenesis and interacts with Drosha. Therefore, we uncovered an evolutionarily conserved factor in miRNA biogenesis...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms of microRNA machinery genes modify the risk of renal cell carcinomaYohei Horikawa
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7956-62. 2008..Compelling evidence has shown that miRNAs are involved in cancer initiation and progression. We hypothesized that genetic variations of the miRNA machinery genes could be associated with the risk of renal cell carcinoma...
- Dicer, Drosha, and outcomes in patients with ovarian cancerWilliam M Merritt
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2641-50. 2008We studied Dicer and Drosha, components of the RNA-interference machinery, in ovarian cancer.
- Posttranscriptional crossregulation between Drosha and DGCR8Jinju Han
School of Biological Sciences and National Creative Research Center, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Cell 136:75-84. 2009The Drosha-DGCR8 complex, also known as Microprocessor, is essential for microRNA (miRNA) maturation. Drosha functions as the catalytic subunit, while DGCR8 (also known as Pasha) recognizes the RNA substrate...
- Genomic analysis suggests that mRNA destabilization by the microprocessor is specialized for the auto-regulation of Dgcr8Archana Shenoy
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Center for Reproductive Sciences, and Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6971. 2009The Microprocessor, containing the RNA binding protein Dgcr8 and RNase III enzyme Drosha, is responsible for processing primary microRNAs to precursor microRNAs...
- Smad proteins bind a conserved RNA sequence to promote microRNA maturation by DroshaBrandi N Davis
Department of Biochemistry, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Mol Cell 39:373-84. 2010..protein (BMP), the Smads, promote the expression of a subset of miRNAs by facilitating the cleavage reaction by Drosha. The mechanism that limits Smad-mediated processing to a selective group of miRNAs remained hitherto unexplored...
- Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinomaJie Lin
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 31:1805-12. 2010..Haplotypes of DICER and DROSHA were also associated with altered patient survival and recurrence...
- microRNA signature and expression of Dicer and Drosha can predict prognosis and delineate risk groups in neuroblastomaRuey Jen Lin
Graduate Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, and Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer Res 70:7841-50. 2010..To investigate the microRNA (miRNA) profile and role of Dicer and Drosha in neuroblastoma, we assessed the expression of 162 human miRNAs, Dicer and Drosha in 66 neuroblastoma tumors by ..
- Expanding the role of Drosha to the regulation of viral gene expressionYao Tang Lin
Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 0162, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11229-34. 2011..Here, we show that Drosha, an endoribonuclease best known for its role in the biogenesis of microRNAs (miRNAs), can also function to ..
- Dysregulated expression of dicer and drosha in breast cancerMin Yan
Department of Oncology, First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, No 1, East Jianshe Rd, Zhengzhou, 450003, People s Republic of China
Pathol Oncol Res 18:343-8. 2012..Altered expression of Dicer and Drosha, two key enzymes in the miRNA maturation, is believed to be one of the most important mechanisms...
- Genetic variants in microRNA biogenesis pathway genes are associated with semen quality in a Han-Chinese populationYufeng Qin
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Reprod Biomed Online 24:454-61. 2012..Seven single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) of DICER1 (rs13078, rs1057035 and rs12323635) and DROSHA (rs10719, rs2291109, rs17409893 and rs642321) were determined by TaqMan probes and SNPstream in 667 eligible ..
- Inducing cell proliferation inhibition and apoptosis via silencing Dicer, Drosha, and Exportin 5 in urothelial carcinoma of the bladderYonghua Han
Guangdong Key Laboratory of Male Reproductive Medicine and Genetics, Peking University Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen, China Institute of Urology, Shenzhen PKU HKUST Medical Center, Shenzhen, China
J Surg Oncol 107:201-5. 2013MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are aberrantly expressed in cancers. Dicer, Drosha, and Exportin 5 are essential for miRNA processing...
- DGCR8 HITS-CLIP reveals novel functions for the MicroprocessorSara Macias
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:760-6. 2012The Drosha-DGCR8 complex (Microprocessor) is required for microRNA (miRNA) biogenesis. DGCR8 recognizes the RNA substrate, whereas Drosha functions as the endonuclease...
- The microRNA maturation regulator Drosha is an independent predictor of outcome in breast cancer patientsSarkawt M Khoshnaw
Department of Histopathology, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 137:139-53. 2013b>Drosha is a protein that plays a key role in the biogenesis of microRNAs which are well known to be deranged in human breast cancer (BC)...
- Drosha regulates gene expression independently of RNA cleavage functionNatalia Gromak
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK Electronic address
Cell Rep 5:1499-510. 2013Drosha is the main RNase III-like enzyme involved in the process of microRNA (miRNA) biogenesis in the nucleus...
- Recurrent somatic mutation in DROSHA induces microRNA profile changes in Wilms tumourGiovana T Torrezan
1 Genomics and Molecular Biology Laboratory, International Research Center, A C Camargo Cancer Center, Sao Paulo, S P, 01508 010, Brazil 2
Nat Commun 5:4039. 2014..Here we identify DROSHA mutations in 12% of WT samples (26/222) using whole-exome sequencing and targeted sequencing of 10 microRNA (miRNA)..
- Alternative initiation and splicing in dicer gene expression in human breast cellsCharletha V Irvin-Wilson
Division of Cancer Biology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R563-9. 2005....
- Association of a common AGO1 variant with lung cancer risk: a two-stage case-control studyJong Sik Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Mol Carcinog 49:913-21. 2010..In stage 1 of the study, 24 SNPs in the 11 miRNA biosynthesis genes (DROSHA, DGCR8, RAN, XPO5, DICER, AGO1, AGO2, HIWI, GEMIN3, GEMIN4, and TRBP) were genotyped in 100 lung cancer patients ..
- Major regulators of microRNAs biogenesis Dicer and Drosha are down-regulated in endometrial cancerAnna Torres
Laboratory of Biostructure, Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin, ul Jaczewskiego 4, 20 094, Lublin, Poland
Tumour Biol 32:769-76. 2011Alterations in microRNAs expression have been proposed to play role in endometrial cancer pathogenesis. Dicer and Drosha are main regulators of microRNA biogenesis and deregulation of their expression has been indicated as a possible ..
- MicroRNA-206 is overexpressed in the diaphragm but not the hindlimb muscle of mdx mouseJohn J McCarthy
Dept of Physiology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 800 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C451-7. 2007..Transcript levels of Drosha and Dicer, major components of microRNA biogenesis pathway, were unchanged in mdx muscle, suggesting the pathway ..
- Prediction of guide strand of microRNAs from its sequence and secondary structureFiroz Ahmed
Bioinformatics Centre, Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India
BMC Bioinformatics 10:105. 2009..miRNAs) are produced by the sequential processing of a long hairpin RNA transcript by Drosha and Dicer, an RNase III enzymes, and form transitory small RNA duplexes...
- Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction with protein kinase C(epsilon) promotes oncogenic signaling by the stem cell marker Nanog and the Production of microRNA-21, leading to down-regulation of the tumor suppressor protein PDCD4, anti-apoptosis, and chemotherapy resLilly Y W Bourguignon
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 284:26533-46. 2009..Phosphorylated Nanog is then translocated from the cytosol to the nucleus and becomes associated with RNase III DROSHA and the RNA helicase p68...
- Structural basis for non-catalytic and catalytic activities of ribonuclease IIIXinhua Ji
Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 62:933-40. 2006Ribonuclease III (RNase III) represents a highly conserved family of double-stranded (ds) RNA-specific endoribonucleases, exemplified by bacterial RNase III and eukaryotic Rnt1p, Drosha and Dicer...
- Mini-III, an unusual member of the RNase III family of enzymes, catalyses 23S ribosomal RNA maturation in B. subtilisYulia Redko
CNRS UPR 9073 affiliated with Université de Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Microbiol 68:1096-106. 2008..subtilis 23S rRNA is also performed by an enzyme that is absent from the Proteobacteria. Mini-III contains an RNase III-like catalytic domain, but curiously lacks the double-stranded RNA binding domain typical of RNase III itself, ..
- MicroRNA processing pathway regulates olfactory neuron morphogenesisDaniela Berdnik
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Curr Biol 18:1754-9. 2008..The nuclear RNase III Drosha catalyzes the first processing step together with the dsRNA binding protein DGCR8/Pasha generating pre-..
- The evolutionary study of small RNA-directed gene silencing pathways by investigating RNase III enzymesLihua Jin
Center for Information Biology and DNA Data Bank of Japan, National Institute of Genetics, Yata, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Gene 435:1-8. 2009..Here we investigated the evolution of RNase III nucleases, Dicer as representative, to further figure out the evolutionary relationship of these three gene ..
- MicroRNAs and cancer: past, present, and potential futureKristen M Nelson
The Translational Genomics Research Institute, 10510 North 92nd Street, Suite 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85238, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3655-60. 2008..After being processed by Drosha and Dicer RNase III endonucleases, mature miRNAs can inhibit the translation of mRNA by directing a RNA-induced silencing complex (..
- The role of microRNAs in cancer: no small matterErik A C Wiemer
Department of Medical Oncology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 43:1529-44. 2007..primary transcripts by two sequential processing steps mediated by a nuclear (Drosha) and a cytoplasmic (Dicer) RNAse III endonuclease...
- The mirtron pathway generates microRNA-class regulatory RNAs in DrosophilaKatsutomo Okamura
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Developmental Biology, 1275 York Ave, Box 252, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 130:89-100. 2007..hairpin precursor transcripts into approximately 22 nucleotide regulatory RNAs via consecutive cleavages by two RNase III enzymes, Drosha and Dicer...
- Phosphorylation of the RNase III enzyme Drosha at Serine300 or Serine302 is required for its nuclear localizationXiaoli Tang
Laboratory of Retrovirology, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6610-9. 2010The RNaseIII enzyme Drosha plays a pivotal role in microRNA (miRNA) biogenesis by cleaving primary miRNA transcripts to generate precursor miRNA in the nucleus...
- A high-throughput method to monitor the expression of microRNA precursorsThomas D Schmittgen
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:e43. 2004..The approximately 22 nt mature miRNA is processed from the pre-miRNA by the RNase III Dicer...
- Processing of primary microRNAs by the Microprocessor complexAhmet M Denli
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Watson School of Biological Sciences, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Nature 432:231-5. 2004..Initial cleavage is catalysed by Drosha, a nuclease of the RNase III family, which acts on primary miRNA transcripts (pri-miRNAs) in the nucleus...
- Ribonuclease revisited: structural insights into ribonuclease III family enzymesIan J Macrae
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Curr Opin Struct Biol 17:138-45. 2007Ribonuclease III (RNase III) enzymes occur ubiquitously in biology and are responsible for processing RNA precursors into functional RNAs that participate in protein synthesis, RNA interference and a range of other cellular activities...
- Altered eIF6 and Dicer expression is associated with clinicopathological features in ovarian serous carcinoma patientsRichard J Flavin
Department of Histopathology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Mod Pathol 21:676-84. 2008..Dicer and Drosha (RNase III endonucleases) are essential components of the microRNA machinery...
- Treatment with small interfering RNA affects the microRNA pathway and causes unspecific defects in zebrafish embryosXiao Feng Zhao
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Norway
FEBS J 275:2177-84. 2008MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are generated from primary transcripts through sequential processing by two RNase III enzymes, Drosha and Dicer, in association with other proteins...
- New approaches to understanding double-stranded RNA processing by ribonuclease III purification and assays of homodimeric and heterodimeric forms of RNase III from bacterial extremophiles and mesophilesWenzhao Meng
Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Methods Enzymol 447:119-29. 2008Ribonuclease III (RNase III) is a double-stranded (ds)-RNA-specific endonuclease that plays essential roles in the maturation and decay of coding and noncoding RNAs...
- MD simulations of the dsRBP DGCR8 reveal correlated motions that may aid pri-miRNA bindingChristopher Wostenberg
Department of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Biophys J 99:248-56. 2010..dsRBDs) in tandem, is vital for nuclear maturation of primary miRNAs (pri-miRNAs) in connection with the RNase III enzyme Drosha...
- Conserved vertebrate mir-451 provides a platform for Dicer-independent, Ago2-mediated microRNA biogenesisJr Shiuan Yang
Department of Developmental Biology, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15163-8. 2010..animal microRNAs (miRNAs) are generated by sequential cleavage of precursor substrates by the Drosha and Dicer RNase III enzymes. Several variant pathways exploit other RNA metabolic activities to generate functional miRNAs...
- Normal microRNA maturation and germ-line stem cell maintenance requires Loquacious, a double-stranded RNA-binding domain proteinKlaus Forstemann
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 3:e236. 2005..Primary miRNA (pri-miRNA) transcripts are transformed to mature miRNA by the successive actions of two RNase III endonucleases...
- Coupled RNA processing and transcription of intergenic primary microRNAsMonica Ballarino
University of Rome La Sapienza, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 29:5632-8. 2009..microRNA (miRNA) biogenesis occurs in the nucleus and is mediated by the Microprocessor complex containing the RNase III-like enzyme Drosha and its cofactor DGCR8...
- Dicer-independent, Ago2-mediated microRNA biogenesis in vertebratesJr Shiuan Yang
Sloan Kettering Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 9:4455-60. 2010A canonical biogenesis pathway involving sequential cleavage by the Drosha and Dicer RNAse III enzymes governs the maturation of most animal microRNAs...
- The estrogen receptor-alpha-induced microRNA signature regulates itself and its transcriptional responseLeandro Castellano
Department of Oncology, Cyclotron Building, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Imperial College, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15732-7. 2009..Pri-mir-17-92 is immediately cleaved by DROSHA to pre-miR-18a, indicating that its regulation occurs during the formation of the mature molecule from the ..
- [Prognostic significance of metastatic lymph node ratio in colorectal cancer]Yang Zhao
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, Hangzhou 310022, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:764-8. 2009..To investigate the prognostic significance of metastatic lymph node ratio in patients with colorectal cancer...
- Intracellular siRNA and precursor miRNA trafficking using bioresponsive copolypeptidesUlrik L Rahbek
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, DK 8000, Denmark
J Gene Med 10:81-93. 2008....
- Novel mutual prodrug of retinoic and butyric acids with enhanced anticancer activityA Nudelman
Chemistry Department, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Med Chem 43:2962-6. 2000..of ATRA compared to that of the acyloxylalkyl esters derived from butyric (RN1), propionic (RN2), isobutyric (RN3), and pivalic (RN4) acids was found to be: RN1 > RN2 > RN3 > ATRA approximately RN4...
- Distinct microRNA alterations characterize high- and low-grade bladder cancerJames W F Catto
Academic Urology Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 69:8472-81. 2009..This was associated with upregulation of Dicer, Drosha, and Exportin 5...
- Prediction of novel precursor miRNAs using a context-sensitive hidden Markov model (CSHMM)Sumeet Agarwal
Systems Biology Doctoral Training Centre and Department of Physics, University of Oxford, Clarendon Laboratory, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PU, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S29. 2010..We also demonstrate how this model can be used in conjunction with filters as an ab initio method for miRNA identification...
- MicroRNA-1 and microRNA-133a expression are decreased during skeletal muscle hypertrophyJohn J McCarthy
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 800 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:306-13. 2007..overload was not explained by a change in the expression of components of the miRNA biogenesis pathway, since Drosha and Exportin-5 transcript levels were significantly increased by 50% in response to functional overload, whereas ..
- Functional association of the Microprocessor complex with the spliceosomeNaoyuki Kataoka
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:3243-54. 2009..introns were spliced more slowly than the adjacent introns, a model was previously proposed in which Drosha crops the pre-miRNA and the two cropped fragments from the pre-mRNA are subsequently trans spliced (Y. K...
- microRNAs regulate human embryonic stem cell divisionJunlin Qi
Department of Biochemistry and Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cell Cycle 8:3729-41. 2009..in regulating processes relevant to embryonic stem cell biology, we used RNA interference to silence DICER and DROSHA, the two main miRNA processing enzymes...
- Apoptosis induction by antisense oligonucleotides against miR-17-5p and miR-20a in lung cancers overexpressing miR-17-92H Matsubara
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Center for Neurological Diseases and Cancer, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Japan
Oncogene 26:6099-105. 2007..Finally, this study also revealed that the vast majority of C13orf25 transcripts are detected as Drosha-processed cleavage products on Northern blot analysis and that a novel polyadenylation site is present 3' to the ..
- Extensive variation between inbred mouse strains due to endogenous L1 retrotranspositionKeiko Akagi
Mouse Cancer Genetics Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Genome Res 18:869-80. 2008..structures and expression are altered directly by polymorphic L1 retrotransposons, including Drosha (also called Rnasen), Parp8, Scn1a, Arhgap15, and others, including novel genes...
- Biogenesis of short intronic repeat 27-nucleotide small RNA from endothelial nitric-oxide synthase geneMing Xiang Zhang
Adult Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14685-93. 2008..Suppression of Drosha or Dicer diminished the biogenesis of the 27nt sir-RNA...
- Sequence features associated with microRNA strand selection in humans and fliesHai yang Hu
Partner Institute for Computational Biology, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, 200031, PR China
BMC Genomics 10:413. 2009During microRNA (miRNA) maturation in humans and flies, Drosha and Dicer cut the precursor transcript, thereby producing a short RNA duplex...
- Adenosine deamination in human transcripts generates novel microRNA binding sitesGlen M Borchert
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:4801-7. 2009..A-to-I editing can affect Drosha processing or directly alter the microRNA (miRNA) sequences responsible for mRNA targeting...
- EGO-1, a putative RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, is required for heterochromatin assembly on unpaired dna during C. elegans meiosisEleanor M Maine
Department of Biology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Curr Biol 15:1972-8. 2005..This H3K9me2 enrichment does not require Dicer or Drosha nuclease or any of several other proteins required for RNAi...
- MicroRNAs in disease and potential therapeutic applicationsHarris S Soifer
1Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Mol Ther 15:2070-9. 2007..are created from precursor transcripts by subsequent processing steps mediated by members of the RNAseIII family, Drosha and Dicer...
- MicroRNA biogenesis: drosha can't cut it without a partnerYukihide Tomari
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Curr Biol 15:R61-4. 2005The ribonuclease Drosha requires a dedicated double-stranded RNA binding protein to convert long, nuclear primary microRNA transcripts into shorter pre-microRNA stem-loops, the cytoplasmic precursors from which mature microRNAs are ..
- Structural and biochemical insights into the dicing mechanism of mouse Dicer: a conserved lysine is critical for dsRNA cleavageZhihua Du
Departments of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2391-6. 2008Dicer, an RNase III enzyme, initiates RNA interference by processing precursor dsRNAs into mature microRNAs and small-interfering RNAs. It is also involved in loading and activation of the RNA-induced silencing complex...
- Low-density Taqman miRNA array reveals miRNAs differentially expressed in prostatic stem cells and luminal cellsLi Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prostate 70:297-304. 2010..miRNAs are a class of naturally occurring small RNAs that generally repress gene expression. They have been shown to actively control diverse biological processes including stem cell differentiation and lineage commitment...
- MicroRNA biogenesis via splicing and exosome-mediated trimming in DrosophilaAlex S Flynt
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, Box 252, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Cell 38:900-7. 2010microRNAs (miRNAs) are approximately 22 nucleotide regulatory RNAs derived from hairpins generated either by Drosha cleavage (canonical substrates) or by splicing and debranching of short introns (mirtrons)...
- Downregulated Dicer expression predicts poor prognosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaDan Xia Zhu
Department of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province Hospital, Nanjing, China
Cancer Sci 103:875-81. 2012..Alterations in microRNAs (miRNAs) expression have been proposed to play a role in CLL pathogenesis. Dicer and Drosha are the main regulators of miRNA biogenesis, and deregulation of their expression has been indicated as a possible ..
- Artificial mirtron-mediated gene knockdown: functional DMPK silencing in mammalian cellsYiqi Seow
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QX, United Kingdom
RNA 18:1328-37. 2012..are introns that form pre-miRNA hairpins after splicing to produce RNA interference (RNAi) effectors distinct from Drosha-dependent intronic miRNAs...
- TGF-β and iron differently alter HBV replication in human hepatocytes through TGF-β/BMP signaling and cellular microRNA expressionSun O Park
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e39276. 2012..e., SMADs, likely governed iron or TGF-β-induced microRNA expression. Iron may have mediated Drosha/DGCR8/heme-mediated processing of microRNAs...
- DICER1, DROSHA and miRNAs in patients with non-small cell lung cancer: implications for outcomes and histologic classificationC Vanesa Díaz-García
Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, 28041, Spain
Carcinogenesis 34:1031-8. 2013..In this study, we investigated whether the expression levels of DICER1 and DROSHA, components of the RNA-interference machinery, can predict survival, and whether the miRNA expression profiles can ..
- Exosomes derived from HIV-1-infected cells contain trans-activation response element RNAAarthi Narayanan
National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases, George Mason University, Manassas, Virginia 20110, USA
J Biol Chem 288:20014-33. 2013..We detected the host miRNA machinery proteins Dicer and Drosha in exosomes from infected cells...
- Phosphorylation of DGCR8 increases its intracellular stability and induces a progrowth miRNA profileKristina M Herbert
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Cell Rep 5:1070-81. 2013During miRNA biogenesis, the microprocessor complex (MC), which is composed minimally of Drosha, an RNase III enzyme, and DGCR8, a double-stranded RNA-binding protein, cleaves the primary miRNA (pri-miRNA) in order to release the pre-..
- Construction of ligand-responsive microRNAs that operate through inhibition of Drosha processingChase L Beisel
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1111:259-67. 2014..Individual miRNAs also can be incorporated into the same transcript for tunable, multi-gene silencing. ..
- MeCP2: multifaceted roles in gene regulation and neural developmentTian Lin Cheng
Institute of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, China
Neurosci Bull 30:601-9. 2014..MeCP2 represses nuclear microRNA processing by interacting directly with the Drosha/DGCR8 complex...
- EIF2C, Dicer, and Drosha are up-regulated along tumor progression and associated with poor prognosis in bladder carcinomaZhe Zhang
Department of Urology, The First Hospital of China Medical University, 155 Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, 110001, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 36:5071-9. 2015EIF2C, Dicer, and Drosha are microRNA-regulating machinery components, which participate in microRNA intracellular process and transfer...
- Stress induces p38 MAPK-mediated phosphorylation and inhibition of Drosha-dependent cell survivalQian Yang
Department of Neurosurgery, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710038, China Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA Electronic address
Mol Cell 57:721-34. 2015..The key step in canonical miRNA biogenesis is the cleavage of the primary transcripts by the nuclear RNase III enzyme Drosha. Emerging evidence suggests that the miRNA biogenic cascade is tightly controlled...
- [Effect of estrogen or progesterone combined with paclitaxel on human ovarian cancer cell growth and Drosha expression]Yunjie Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Huaian Maternity and Child Healh Care Hospital, Huai an 223002, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 37:578-84. 2015To investigate the effect of estrogen (E2), progesterone(P4), and paclitaxel (taxol) on the growth of primary human ovarian cancer cells in vitro and the expression of Drosha.
- Splicing-dependent expression of microRNAs of mirtron origin in human digestive and excretory system cancer cellsStasė Butkytė
Department of Biological DNA Modification, Institute of Biotechnology, Vilnius University, Vilnius, Lithuania
Clin Epigenetics 8:33. 2016An abundant class of intronic microRNAs (miRNAs) undergoes atypical Drosha-independent biogenesis in which the spliceosome governs the excision of hairpin miRNA precursors, called mirtrons...
- IKKα-mediated biogenesis of miR-196a through interaction with Drosha regulates the sensitivity of cancer cells to radiotherapyX Fang
Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Hunan 410008, China
Cell Death Differ 23:1471-82. 2016..Here we show that IKKα-mediated miR-196a biogenesis via interaction with Drosha regulates the sensitivity of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) cells to radiotherapy...
- Argonaute-associated short introns are a novel class of gene regulatorsThomas B Hansen
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics MBG, Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center iNANO, Aarhus University, C F Moellers Allé 3, build 1130, Aarhus 8000, Denmark
Nat Commun 7:11538. 2016..Mature miRNAs are produced by two sequential endonucleolytic cleavages facilitated by Drosha in the nucleus and Dicer in the cytoplasm...
- Folate Receptor Alpha Upregulates Oct4, Sox2 and Klf4 and Downregulates miR-138 and miR-let-7 in Cranial Neural Crest CellsVineet Mohanty
Developmental Biology Program, Stanley Manne Children s Research Institute, Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Ann and Robert H Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago, Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stem Cells . 2016..Co-immunoprecipitation data suggests that FRα interacts with the Drosha-DGCR8 complex to affect pre-miRNA processing...
- Negative feedback circuitry between MIR143HG and RBM24 in Hirschsprung diseaseChunxia Du
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 211166, China Department of Pediatric Surgery, Nanjing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210008, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:2127-2136. 2016..In addition, experiments using siRNA against DROSHA indicated that RBM24 could promote the biogenesis of miR-143...
- Forward and reverse genetics through derivation of haploid mouse embryonic stem cellsUlrich Elling
IMBA, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Cell Stem Cell 9:563-74. 2011..This system allowed us to generate a knockout cell line for the microRNA processing enzyme Drosha. In a forward genetic screen, we identified Gpr107 as a molecule essential for killing by ricin, a toxin being ..
- The development of Wilms tumor: from WT1 and microRNA to animal modelsFang Tian
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan, PR China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1846:180-7. 2014..Recent investigations also revealed that mutations of Drosha and Dicer, the RNases required for miRNA generation, and Dis3L2, the 3'-5' exonuclease that normally degrades ..
- Homologous cloning, purification and characterization of highly active cellobiohydrolase I (Cel7A) from Penicillium canescensPavel V Volkov
A N Bach Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Leninsky pr 33, Moscow 119071, Russia
Protein Expr Purif 103:1-7. 2014..Cellobiohydrolase I of P. canescens (PcCel7A) was homologously cloned into a host strain RN3-11-7 (niaD-) and then expressed under the control of a strong xylA promoter...
- Early postnatal ablation of the microRNA-processing enzyme, Drosha, causes chondrocyte death and impairs the structural integrity of the articular cartilageT Kobayashi
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 23:1214-20. 2015..the possibility of generating a novel mouse osteoarthritis (OA) model caused by intrinsic cellular dysfunction, we ablated Drosha, another essential enzyme for miRNA biogenesis, exclusively in articular chondrocytes of postnatal mice.
- cis-Acting effects on RNA processing and Drosha cleavage prevent Epstein-Barr virus latency III BHRF1 expressionLi Xing
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 85:8929-39. 2011..Herein we report that Drosha cleavage of LTIII BHRF1 RNA and cis-acting splicing effects inhibit splicing and inhibit BHRF1 RNA and protein ..
- Microprocessor dynamics and interactions at endogenous imprinted C19MC microRNA genesClément Bellemer
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire Eucaryote LBME, Université Paul Sabatier UPS, Universite de Toulouse, 31000 Toulouse, France
J Cell Sci 125:2709-20. 2012Nuclear primary microRNA (pri-miRNA) processing catalyzed by the DGCR8-Drosha (Microprocessor) complex is highly regulated. Little is known, however, about how microRNA biogenesis is spatially organized within the mammalian nucleus...
- Correlation between hepatitis B virus protein and microRNA processor Drosha in cells expressing HBVMin Ren
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology on Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Education, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
Antiviral Res 94:225-31. 2012b>Drosha regulates the biogenesis of microRNAs (miRNAs) and plays an essential role in the regulation of gene expression. Infection with hepatitis B virus (HBV) causes chronic hepatitis and liver cirrhosis...
- Evidence for a cytoplasmic microprocessor of pri-miRNAsJillian S Shapiro
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
RNA 18:1338-46. 2012..in c-pri-miRNA cleavage while genetic studies revealed that maturation still relied on the canonical nuclear RNase III enzyme, Drosha...
- Small RNAs: emerging key players in DNA double-strand break repairZhaoqing Ba
Tsinghua Peking Center for Life Sciences, Center for Plant Biology, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, China
Sci China Life Sci 56:933-6. 2013..DSB-induced small RNAs (diRNAs) or Dicer/Drosha-dependent RNAs (DDRNAs) have been recently discovered in plants and vertebrates, adding an unsuspected RNA ..
- Reactivity epitopes of ribonuclease III substratesALLEN WHITALL NICHOLSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..dsRNA cleavage is catalyzed by members of the ribonuclease III (RNase III) family of endoribonucleases, which are highly conserved in bacterial and eukaryotic cells...
- Wei Yan; Fiscal Year: 2014..in mice that when we inhibited the microRNA (miRNA) production by inactivating either of the two key RNase III enzymes, Dicer or Drosha, which are known to be essential for miRNA biosynthesis, Leydig cells could not ..
- Daniel Cifuentes; Fiscal Year: 2014..Typically, two RNase III family members, Drosha and Dicer, process the stem-loop structure of miRNA precursors sequentially...
- Scott A Showalter; Fiscal Year: 2015..miRNA processing in the cell involves two ribonucleoprotein complexes composed of RNase III enzymes and double-stranded RNA binding domain (dsRBD) chaperones that work together to achieve two highly ..
- Eric C Lai; Fiscal Year: 2016..Their biogenesis typically involves cleavage by the Drosha and Dicer RNase III enzymes, and the resultant mature miRNAs mediate extensive networks of post-transcriptional regulation...
- Antonio J Giraldez; Fiscal Year: 2015..In animals, miRNAs are derived from characteristic hairpins processed by two sequential RNAse III enzymes, Drosha and Dicer...
- Regulation of human microRNA biosynthesis and activityBRYAN CULLEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..intermediate from this initial transcript, a processing event very recently proposed to be mediated by human RNAse III/drosha...
- Epigenetic downregulation of the antibody response and inhibition of autoimmunityPaolo Casali; Fiscal Year: 2013..define the role of microRNAs in mediating HDI inhibition of autoimmunity using lupus-prone mice lacking Dicer or Drosha in AID+ B cells or lacking microRNA targeting sites in Aicda and Prdm1 mRNAs, and identify genome-wide HDI-..
- microRNA analysis of neurons generated from patient-specific iPSCsHerbert M Lachman; Fiscal Year: 2013..DGCR8 combines with Drosha to form the so-called "microprocessor," which produces miRNAs from long primary miRNAs...
- Role of miRNAs in Vascular PhysiologyAkiko Hata; Fiscal Year: 2012..promoting the processing of primary transcripts of miR-21 (pri-miR-21) into precursor miR- 21 (pre-miR-21) by the Drosha microprocessor complex in the nucleus...
- Joan A Steitz; Fiscal Year: 2014..and single-molecule approaches will complement functional studies of the core components of the Microprocessor-Drosha and DGCR8-to uncover the molecular basis of regulation of pri-microRNA processing in the nucleus of tumorigenic ..
- Tatsuya Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2016..multiple processing steps;primary transcripts of miRNAs are first processed by the microprocessor containing Drosha and DGCR8 as critical components, and then by Dicer...
- Role of 11q23 Chromosome Abnormalities in the Causation of Acute LeukemiaCarlo M Croce; Fiscal Year: 2013..achievements we made recently include: 1) ALL1 fusion proteins bind together with the microRNAs processor enzyme Drosha to miR-191 to upregulate its expression, 2) knockdown of MEIS1 and HOX A10 or A9 in an ALL1-associated leukemic ..
- Circadian regulation of microRNA biogenesis and functionPeter W Vanderklish; Fiscal Year: 2012..2) "Antagomirs" and reporter constructs will be used to determine whether regulation of Drosha, Dicer and Ago2 by RBM3 involves direct effects on their translation, or feedback mechanism involving miRNAs that ..
- Piotr Sliz; Fiscal Year: 2016..During this post- transcriptional stage, Lin28 can block both of the cleavage steps (by Drosha and Dicer), and promote degradation by recruiting a terminal uridylyl transferase, specifically for the let-7 ..
- Shizhen Emily Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Breast cancer cells expressing various levels of the SMAD2/3 cofactors (i.e., SMAD4, Drosha and p68) will be examined for their dynamic regulation of SMAD2/3 function and TGF-2 effect...
- Karen M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 3, we determine how Smad1-Drosha mediated miRNA maturation contributes to Smad1/5-dependent, Smad4-independent signaling through identification of ..
- Xiao Fan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..3. Examine the regulatory mechanisms that modulate miRNA processing by the Drosha complex in response to hypoxia in GSCs...
- ALL Fusion Proteins: Associated with Multi-protein Complexes and Role in TranscriCarlo M Croce; Fiscal Year: 2010..the upregulation is due to recruitment of ALL-1 fusion proteins, together with the general processor of microRNAs-Drosha, to the miR-191 locus...
- microRNA function in human embryonic stem cells divisionJunlin Qi; Fiscal Year: 2009..reaching this goal, our preliminary data showed that hESCs lacking mature miRNAs due to knockdown (KD) of Dicer or Drosha have reduced cell cycle kinetics and delayed at both Gap-phases G1 and G2...
- Swathi Arur; Fiscal Year: 2016..Among the crucial components are the RAS-extracellular regulated kinase (ERK) signaling pathway and Dicer and Drosha, essential mediators of small RNA biogenesis...
- CONFORMATIONAL VARIABILITY OF RNAJULI F FEIGON; Fiscal Year: 2010..in higher organisms have been found to play key roles in miRNA and siRNA processing, as members of the Dicer and Drosha family of enzymes...
- Targeted Suppression of the Transcription Factor Sox9 in the Testis by Tissue-SpeManjeet Rao; Fiscal Year: 2007..In my approach, a shRNA molecule targeting Sox9 will be processed from a RhoxS Pp-driven precursor transcript by Drosha, a ubiquitously expressed RNase-lll enzyme that processes out naturally occurring miRNAs...
- Ultrafine Particle Exposure in HumansMark Frampton; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims: 1) Determine in nonsmokers the effects of inhalation of clean air and 50 pg/rn3 carbon UFP on endothelial function, leukocyte activation, and leukocyte oxidant production...
- Novel & Selective Small Molecular Inhibitors of Human Peptide DeformylaseHakim Djaballah; Fiscal Year: 2006..Indeed, the likelihood that a compound interferes with both assays, and therefore behaves as a false positive in both assays, is vastly reduced compared to a strategy solely based on one technique. ..
- Mechanisms of TGFB Signal TransductionAkiko Hata; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should provide important insights into TGFbeta-mediated regulation of gene expression, which is of direct relevance to both normal physiology and a variety of disease states. ..
- Role of BMPRII Mutants in the Pathogenesis of Pulmonary HypertensionAkiko Hata; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Analysis of mammalian odor receptorsStuart Firestein; Fiscal Year: 2009..GPCRs are a major target of drugs and treatments for many neural, psychological and other pathologies. A deeper understanding of ORs will lead to more fundamental insights into GPGRs. ..
- Microarray Analysis of Olfactory Receptor ExpressionStuart Firestein; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will allow us to extend the bioinformatics work on the whole genome to an appreciation of dynamic gene expression and regulation. ..
- Real-time PCR expression profiling of microRNAThomas Schmittgen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unparallel sensitivity and specificity of real-time PCR as applied to this new and exciting class of regulatory RNAs should propel the field into new directions not only in cancer but in other areas of human health. ..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- Micro RNA Expression and CancerThomas Schmittgen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Assays developed with this research may help to identify the function of a new class of genes in humans. ..
- CD44-P185HER2 INTERACTION IN OVARIAN CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CD44/VARIANT CYTOSKELETON IN BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONLILLY YW BOURGUIGNON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Oocyte-Specific GenesJia Song; Fiscal Year: 2007..Defining transcription complexes that regulate several oocyte gene promoters will create a paradigm in gene regulatory networks that orchestrates the development of oocytes and further our knowledge in reproductive biology. ..