Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dnmt1
Description: DNA methyltransferase 1
Alias: ADCADN, AIM, CXXC9, DNMT, HSN1E, MCMT, m.HsaI, DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 1, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 9, DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 1, DNA MTase HsaI, DNA methyltransferase HsaI
Publications319 found, 100 shown here
- Increased protein expression of DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 1 is significantly correlated with the malignant potential and poor prognosis of human hepatocellular carcinomasYoshimasa Saito
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 105:527-32. 2003..Most of the studies concerning DNMT1 expression in human cancers have been performed only at the mRNA level...
- DNA methyltransferase 1 knock down induces gene expression by a mechanism independent of DNA methylation and histone deacetylationSnezana Milutinovic
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, 3655 Sir William Osler Promenade, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:27915-27. 2004DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) catalyzes the post-replication methylation of DNA and is responsible for maintaining the DNA methylation pattern during cell division...
- DNA methyltransferase 1 and 3B activate BAG-1 expression via recruitment of CTCFL/BORIS and modulation of promoter histone methylationLunching Sun
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 68:2726-35. 2008..These genes were used because their expression was decreased in DNMT1(-/-), DNMT3B(-/-), and double knockout cells and increased in DNMT1-overexpressing and DNMT3B-overexpressing cells...
- Activation of DNA methyltransferase 1 by EBV latent membrane protein 2A leads to promoter hypermethylation of PTEN gene in gastric carcinomaRumi Hino
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 69:2766-74. 2009..were reiterated in GC cell lines MKN-1 and MKN-7 infected with recombinant EBV, and DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) was commonly overexpressed in both cell lines...
- DNA methyltransferase 1, cytosine methylation, and cytosine hydroxymethylation in mammalian mitochondriaLisa S Shock
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3630-5. 2011..DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) translocates to the mitochondria, driven by a mitochondrial targeting sequence located immediately upstream of ..
- MiR-185 targets the DNA methyltransferases 1 and regulates global DNA methylation in human gliomaZuping Zhang
Cancer Research Institute, Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Cancer Invasion, Ministry of Education Central South University, Hunan, PR China
Mol Cancer 10:124. 2011....
- DNA methylation inhibitor 5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine induces reversible genome-wide DNA damage that is distinctly influenced by DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3BStela S Palii
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Box 100245, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:752-71. 2008..characterize the DNA damage response of tumor cells to 5-azadC and the role of DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3B (DNMT1 and DNMT3B, respectively) in modulating this process...
- STAT3- and DNA methyltransferase 1-mediated epigenetic silencing of SHP-1 tyrosine phosphatase tumor suppressor gene in malignant T lymphocytesQian Zhang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6948-53. 2005..STAT3, DNMT1, and histone deacetylase 1 form complexes and bind to the SHP-1 promoter in vivo...
- DNA-methyltransferase 1 mRNA is selectively overexpressed in telencephalic GABAergic interneurons of schizophrenia brainsM Veldic
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, 1601 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:348-53. 2004....
- MicroRNA-342 inhibits colorectal cancer cell proliferation and invasion by directly targeting DNA methyltransferase 1Hui Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 651 Dongfeng Road, East, Guangzhou 510060, People s Republic of China
Carcinogenesis 32:1033-42. 2011Overexpressed DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) strongly contributes to tumor suppressor gene silencing in colorectal cancer (CRC). However, the underlying mechanism of DNMT1 overexpression is still unclear...
- Loss of DNA methylation and histone H4 lysine 20 trimethylation in human breast cancer cells is associated with aberrant expression of DNA methyltransferase 1, Suv4-20h2 histone methyltransferase and methyl-binding proteinsVolodymyr P Tryndyak
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AK 72079, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 5:65-70. 2006..a more prominent loss of DNA methylation accompanied by altered expression of maintenance DNA methyltransferase DNMT1, methyl-binding proteins MeCP2 and MBD2, decreased trimethylation of lysine 20 of histone H4 and hyperacetylation ..
- SIRT1 deacetylates the DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) protein and alters its activitiesLirong Peng
Department of Molecular Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:4720-34. 2011..Here we report that the histone deacetylase SIRT1 regulates the activities of DNMT1, a key enzyme responsible for DNA methylation...
- DNA methyltransferase 1 knockdown activates a replication stress checkpointAlexander Unterberger
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, 3655 Sir William Osler Promenade, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Mol Cell Biol 26:7575-86. 2006DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) is an important component of the epigenetic machinery and is responsible for copying DNA methylation patterns during cell division...
- MicroRNA-148a can regulate runt-related transcription factor 3 gene expression via modulation of DNA methyltransferase 1 in gastric cancerJunbo Zuo
Department of General Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Wuxi Second Hospital, Wuxi 214002, China
Mol Cells 35:313-9. 2013..Enforced expression of miR-148a, which can modulate DNMT1 and DNMT3B, also increased the expression of RUNX3 in gastric cancer cells...
- Prevalence of ZAP-70, LAT, SLP-76, and DNA methyltransferase 1 expression in CD4+ T cells of patients with systemic lupus erythematosusRadosław Januchowski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medical Sciences, 6 Swiecickiego St, 60 781, Poznan, Poland
Clin Rheumatol 27:21-7. 2008..We also determined DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) protein content in CD4(+) T cells of SLE patients...
- Expression and function role of DNA methyltransferase 1 in human bladder cancerChun Te Wu
Department of Urology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Cancer 117:5221-33. 2011The identification of potential tumor markers will help improve therapeutic planning and patient management. Therefore, the aim of this study was to highlight the role of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) in bladder cancer.
- Silencing of BNIP3 results from promoter methylation by DNA methyltransferase 1 induced by the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayHyun Jung An
Department of Biology, College of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, 305 764, Korea
Mol Cells 31:579-83. 2011..Furthermore, inhibition of the MEK pathway with U0126 reduced DNMT1 expression, but not that of DNMT3a and 3b, and restored the hypoxia-inducibility of BNIP3, suggesting that the DNA ..
- Increased expression of DNA methyltransferase 1 and 3a in human temporal lobe epilepsyQiong Zhu
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, 400016, China
J Mol Neurosci 46:420-6. 2012..Here, we evaluated DNA methyltransferase 1 (Dnmt1) and Dnmt3a expression in brain tissues of epileptic patients to explore their possible role in epileptogenesis...
- MicroRNA-148a is silenced by hypermethylation and interacts with DNA methyltransferase 1 in gastric cancerAkao Zhu
Department of General Surgery, Nanjing Medical University Affiliated Wuxi Second Hospital, No 68, ZhongShan Road of Wuxi City, Wuxi, 214002, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 29:2701-9. 2012Studies have shown that microRNA-148a (miR-148a) was proved to be silenced while DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) was over-expressed in gastric cancer...
- Zinc-induced Dnmt1 expression involves antagonism between MTF-1 and nuclear receptor SHPYuxia Zhang
Department of Medicine and Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:4850-60. 2012b>Dnmt1 is frequently overexpressed in cancers, which contributes significantly to cancer-associated epigenetic silencing of tumor suppressor genes. However, the mechanism of Dnmt1 overexpression remains elusive...
- Loss of LSD1 (lysine-specific demethylase 1) suppresses growth and alters gene expression of human colon cancer cells in a p53- and DNMT1(DNA methyltransferase 1)-independent mannerLihua Jin
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Biochem J 449:459-68. 2013..LSD1 has also been implicated in targeting p53 and DNMT1 (DNA methyltransferase 1), with data suggesting that the demethylating activity of LSD1 on these proteins is ..
- Association of the SUV39H1 histone methyltransferase with the DNA methyltransferase 1 at mRNA expression level in primary colorectal cancerMi Yeon Kang
Center for Genome Research, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Cancer 121:2192-7. 2007..methylation of the p14(ARF), p16(INK4a) and HLTF genes as well as the mRNA levels of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) in fresh frozen tissues from 219 colorectal cancer patients...
- Epigenomic stress response. Knockdown of DNA methyltransferase 1 triggers an intra-S-phase arrest of DNA replication and induction of stress response genesSnezana Milutinovic
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:14985-95. 2003..We show that knockdown of DNMT1 (DNA methyltransferase 1) by an antisense oligonucleotide triggers an intra-S-phase arrest of DNA replication that ..
- p53-mediated repression of DNA methyltransferase 1 expression by specific DNA bindingErica J Peterson
Departments of Biology and Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Cancer Res 63:6579-82. 2003..carcinoma cells and primary mouse astrocytes resulted in a 6-fold increase of DNA cytosine methyltransferase 1 (Dnmt1) mRNA and protein, suggesting relief of p53-mediated Dnmt1repression...
- Human DNA methyltransferase 1 is required for maintenance of the histone H3 modification patternJesus Espada
Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:37175-84. 2004DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) plays an essential role in murine development and is thought to be the enzyme primarily responsible for maintenance of the global methylation status of genomic DNA...
- Sex-specific windows for high mRNA expression of DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3A and methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins 2 and 4 in human fetal gonadsDanuta Galetzka
Institute for Human Genetics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 74:233-41. 2007..Reverse Northern blot analyses demonstrated sex-specific differences in mRNA expression for the maintenance DNMT1 and the de novo DNMT3A in developing testis and ovary...
- DNA methyltransferase 1 knockdown induces silenced CDH1 gene reexpression by demethylation of methylated CpG in hepatocellular carcinoma cell line SMMC-7721Hong Fan
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Disease, Ministry of Education, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:952-61. 2007..DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) is the predominant maintenance methyltransferase gene required to maintain DNA methylation patterns in mammalian ..
- The early expressed HIV-1 genes regulate DNMT1 expressionBen Youngblood
Program in Biomolecular Science and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106 9510, USA
Epigenetics 3:149-56. 2008..Here we show that HIV-1 induction of DNMT1 results from overexpression of the early expressed HIV-1 proteins, and this induction is prevented with ..
- An upregulation of DNA-methyltransferase 1 and 3a expressed in telencephalic GABAergic neurons of schizophrenia patients is also detected in peripheral blood lymphocytesA Zhubi
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Schizophr Res 111:115-22. 2009..system is mediated by a promoter hypermethylation, presumably catalyzed by an increase in DNA-methyltransferase-1 (DNMT-1) expression...
- Significance of DNA methyltransferase-1 and histone deacetylase-1 in pancreatic cancerWei Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, P R China
Oncol Rep 21:1439-47. 2009..The main goal of this study was to examine expression levels of two critical enzymes, DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT1) and histone deacetylase-1 (HDAC1), by immunohistochemistry (IHC) in human pancreatic cancer and precancerous ..
- Recruitment of the de novo DNA methyltransferase Dnmt3a by Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus LANAMeir Shamay
Viral Oncology Program, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14554-9. 2006..The data provide an example of promoter-specific epigenetic DNA modification through viral protein recruitment of de novo Dnmt activity.
- DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 associates with histone deacetylase activityF Fuks
Wellcome CRC Institute, Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 24:88-91. 2000The DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 is responsible for cytosine methylation in mammals and has a role in gene silencing...
- Human DNA methyltransferase gene DNMT1 is regulated by the APC pathwayPaul M Campbell
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Carcinogenesis 24:17-24. 2003..of wild type APC in HT-29 CRC cell lines reduced the expression of both a reporter gene driven by the minimal DNMT1 promoter and DNMT1 mRNA that is independent of cell growth stasis...
- DNA methylation of multiple tumor-related genes in association with overexpression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) during multistage carcinogenesis of the pancreasDun Fa Peng
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Carcinogenesis 27:1160-8. 2006..0249). The average number of methylated genes in ductal carcinomas was significantly correlated with DNMT1 protein expression level (P = 0.0093)...
- Activation of DNA methyltransferase 1 by EBV LMP1 Involves c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase signalingChia Lung Tsai
Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and Pathology Core, Chang Gung Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer Res 66:11668-76. 2006..However, the underlying mechanism remains to be elucidated. In this study, we show that LMP1 directly induces the dnmt1 promoter activity through its COOH-terminal activation region-2 YYD domain...
- IL-6 enhances the nuclear translocation of DNA cytosine-5-methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) via phosphorylation of the nuclear localization sequence by the AKT kinaseDavid R Hodge
Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Cancer Stem Cell Section, Center for Cancer Research, The National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 4:387-98. 2007..This covalent modification is maintained by the DNA cytosine-5-methyltransferase-1 enzyme (DNMT1), which is capable of acting in concert with other similar enzymes to silence important tumor suppressor genes...
- DNMT1 maintains progenitor function in self-renewing somatic tissueGeorge L Sen
Programs in Epithelial Biology and Cancer Biology and the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 463:563-7. 2010..DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) maintains DNA methylation patterns after cellular replication...
- A methylation and phosphorylation switch between an adjacent lysine and serine determines human DNMT1 stabilityPierre Olivier Esteve
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:42-8. 2011The protein lysine methyltransferase SET7 regulates DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT1) activity in mammalian cells by promoting degradation of DNMT1 and thus allows epigenetic changes via DNA demethylation...
- Human DNA-(cytosine-5) methyltransferase-PCNA complex as a target for p21WAF1L S Chuang
Chemical Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260, Republic of Singapore
Science 277:1996-2000. 1997DNA-(cytosine-5) methyltransferase (MCMT) methylates newly replicated mammalian DNA, but the factors regulating this activity are unknown...
- Two major forms of DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferase in human somatic tissuesD W Hsu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan 115, Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:9751-6. 1999..1.1.37) has been identified, cloned, and extensively studied. This enzyme, dnmt1, has been hypothesized to be responsible for most of the maintenance as well as the de novo methylation activities ..
- Transcriptional regulation of the human DNA Methyltransferase (dnmt1) geneP Bigey
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Gene 242:407-18. 2000..Understanding the regulation of the DNA Methyltransferase (dnmt1) gene expression is critical for comprehending how DNA methylation is coordinated with other critical biological ..
- Human maintenance DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase and p53 modulate expression of p53-repressed promotersPierre Olivier Esteve
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1000-5. 2005..Here, DNMT1 is shown to bind p53 and colocalize in the nucleus. DNMT1-mediated methylation is stimulated by p53 in vitro...
- Direct interaction between DNMT1 and G9a coordinates DNA and histone methylation during replicationPierre Olivier Esteve
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, Massachusetts 01938, USA
Genes Dev 20:3089-103. 2006..During cell division, DNMT1 maintains the DNA methylation pattern of the newly synthesized daughter strand, while G9a methylates H3K9...
- Complete inactivation of DNMT1 leads to mitotic catastrophe in human cancer cellsTaiping Chen
Epigenetics Program, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Genet 39:391-6. 2007Studies have shown that DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) is the principal enzyme responsible for maintaining CpG methylation and is required for embryonic development and survival of somatic cells in mice...
- Lack of effects of single nucleotide polymorphisms of the DNA methyltransferase 1 gene on gastric cancer in Iranian patients: a case control studyFatemeh Khatami
Research Center for Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:1177-82. 2009..Gastric cancer is one of the most common malignant tumors in Iran. Hypomethylation and/or hypermethylation of DNA has been described in gastric cancer and is presumed to be an early event in carcinogeneisis...
- Upregulation of DNA methyltransferase-mediated gene silencing, anchorage-independent growth, and migration of colon cancer cells by interleukin-6Eilis Foran
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Mol Cancer Res 8:471-81. 2010..Colorectal carcinoma cell lines were assessed for DNMT1 expression, methylcytosine content, promoter methylation, gene expression, and tumorigenesis in response to ..
- DNMT1 stability is regulated by proteins coordinating deubiquitination and acetylation-driven ubiquitinationZhanwen Du
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Sci Signal 3:ra80. 2010DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) is the primary enzyme that maintains DNA methylation. We describe a previously unknown mode of regulation of DNMT1 protein stability through the coordinated action of an array of DNMT1-associated proteins...
- Structure of DNMT1-DNA complex reveals a role for autoinhibition in maintenance DNA methylationJikui Song
Structural Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Science 331:1036-40. 2011Maintenance of genomic methylation patterns is mediated primarily by DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT1)...
- The expression patterns and correlations of claudin-6, methy-CpG binding protein 2, DNA methyltransferase 1, histone deacetylase 1, acetyl-histone H3 and acetyl-histone H4 and their clinicopathological significance in breast invasive ductal carcinomasXiaoming Xu
The Key Laboratory of Pathobiology, Ministry of Education, Bethune Medical College, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, China
Diagn Pathol 7:33. 2012..of DNA methylation associated proteins (methyl-CpG binding protein 2 (MeCP2) and DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1)) and histone modification associated proteins (histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1), acetyl-histone H3 (H3Ac) and acetyl-..
- Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding DNA methyltransferase of mouse cells. The carboxyl-terminal domain of the mammalian enzymes is related to bacterial restriction methyltransferasesT Bestor
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
J Mol Biol 203:971-83. 1988..The implications of these findings for an understanding of the mechanisms involved in the establishment and maintenance of methylation patterns are discussed...
- The DNA methyltransferases of mammalsT H Bestor
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 701 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:2395-402. 2000..Global genome demethylation caused by targeted mutations in the DNA methyltransferase-1 (Dnmt1) gene has shown that cytosine methylation plays essential roles in X-inactivation, genomic imprinting and genome ..
- Mutation of the DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 1 gene in human colorectal cancersYae Kanai
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Lett 192:75-82. 2003..In order to understand the significance of mutations of the DNMT1 gene during human carcinogenesis, we performed polymerase chain reaction-single strand conformation polymorphism ..
- Recruitment of DNA methyltransferase I to DNA repair sitesOliver Mortusewicz
Department of Biology II, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8905-9. 2005..system to introduce DNA lesions at defined subnuclear sites, we tested whether the major DNA methyltransferase (Dnmt1) or one of the two de novo methyltransferases (Dnmt3a, Dnmt3b) are recruited to sites of DNA repair in vivo...
- Increased DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) protein expression in precancerous conditions and ductal carcinomas of the pancreasDun Fa Peng
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 96:403-8. 2005..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the significance of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) protein expression during pancreatic carcinogenesis...
- De novo CpG island methylation in human cancer cellsKam Wing Jair
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Res 66:682-92. 2006..in different DNMTs and find that the major activity against these substrates in extracts of these cells is DNMT1, with minor contribution from DNMT 3b and none from DNMT3a, the only known bona fide de novo methyltransferases...
- Identification of DNMT1 (DNA methyltransferase 1) hypomorphs in somatic knockouts suggests an essential role for DNMT1 in cell survivalGerda Egger
Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Departments of Urology and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14080-5. 2006..However, somatic disruption of DNMT1 in the human cancer cell line HCT116 was not lethal and caused only minor decreases in methylation...
- Polycomb-mediated methylation on Lys27 of histone H3 pre-marks genes for de novo methylation in cancerYeshayahu Schlesinger
Department of Cellular Biochemistry and Human Genetics, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Nat Genet 39:232-6. 2007..These results suggest that tumor-specific targeting of de novo methylation is pre-programmed by an established epigenetic system that normally has a role in marking embryonic genes for repression...
- DNMT1 but not its interaction with the replication machinery is required for maintenance of DNA methylation in human cellsFabio Spada
Department of Biology II and 2Department of Chemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 176:565-71. 2007..Genetic and biochemical data indicated that DNA methyltransferase 1 (Dnmt1) is indispensable for the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns in mice, but targeting of the DNMT1 locus in ..
- UHRF1 plays a role in maintaining DNA methylation in mammalian cellsMagnolia Bostick
Department of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 317:1760-4. 2007..UHRF1 colocalizes with the maintenance DNA methyltransferase protein DNMT1 throughout S phase. UHRF1 appears to tether DNMT1 to chromatin through its direct interaction with DNMT1...
- The SRA protein Np95 mediates epigenetic inheritance by recruiting Dnmt1 to methylated DNAJafar Sharif
Tohoku University Biomedical Engineering Research Organization TUBERO, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Nature 450:908-12. 2007DNA methyltransferase (cytosine-5) 1 (Dnmt1) is the principal enzyme responsible for maintenance of CpG methylation and is essential for the regulation of gene expression, silencing of parasitic DNA elements, genomic imprinting and ..
- Haplotypes of DNMT1 and DNMT3B are associated with mutagen sensitivity induced by benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide among smokersShuguang Leng
Lung Cancer Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1380-5. 2008..Recently, several studies found that three major cytosine DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs), especially DNMT1, have a direct role in the DNA damage response, independent of their methyltransferase activity...
- A systematic search for DNA methyltransferase polymorphisms reveals a rare DNMT3L variant associated with subtelomeric hypomethylationOsman El-Maarri
Institute of Experimental Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 18:1755-68. 2009..to such epigenetic variation, we performed a systematic search for polymorphisms in all known human DNMT genes [DNMT1, DNMT3A, DNMT3B, DNMT3L and DNMT2 (TRDMT1)] in 192 healthy males and females...
- SUMOylation enhances DNA methyltransferase 1 activityBongyong Lee
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32826 3227, USA
Biochem J 421:449-61. 2009..The maintenance methylase, DNMT1 (DNA methyltransferase 1), is a prominent enzyme in the process that is linked to DNA replication and drives the ..
- DNA methyltransferase-mediated transcriptional silencing in malignant glioma: a combined whole-genome microarray and promoter array analysisG Foltz
Center for Advanced Brain Tumor Treatment, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Oncogene 28:2667-77. 2009..DNA methyltransferases (DNMT1 and DNMT3b) regulate and maintain promoter methylation and are overexpressed in human cancer...
- UHRF1 is associated with epigenetic silencing of BRCA1 in sporadic breast cancerWei Jin
Department of Breast Surgery, Breast Cancer Institute, Cancer Hospital Cancer Institute, Fudan University, 200032, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 123:359-73. 2010..Finally, overexpression of UHRF1 leaded to methylation of BRCA1 promoter by recruitment of DNMT1 to the BRCA1 promoter, locking in marked suppression of BRCA1...
- DNA methylation-mediated down-regulation of DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT1) is coincident with, but not essential for, global hypomethylation in human placentaBoris Novakovic
Developmental Epigenetics, Murdoch Children s Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:9583-93. 2010..However, the origin and role of this hypomethylation remains unclear. The DNA methyltransferases DNMT1, -3A, and -3B are the primary mediators of the establishment and maintenance of DNA methylation in mammals...
- The tobacco-specific carcinogen NNK induces DNA methyltransferase 1 accumulation and tumor suppressor gene hypermethylation in mice and lung cancer patientsRuo Kai Lin
Department of Pharmacology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Republic of China
J Clin Invest 120:521-32. 2010DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) catalyzes DNA methylation and is overexpressed in many human diseases, including cancer. The tobacco-specific carcinogen NNK also induces DNA methylation...
- Dysregulation of p53/Sp1 control leads to DNA methyltransferase-1 overexpression in lung cancerRuo Kai Lin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, and Institute of Basic Medical Science, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Res 70:5807-17. 2010..Here, we showed that wild-type p53 negatively regulated DNMT1 expression by forming a complex with specificity protein 1 (Sp1) protein and chromatin modifiers on the DNMT1 ..
- Association of DNMT1 gene polymorphisms in exons with sporadic infiltrating ductal breast carcinoma among Chinese Han women in the Heilongjiang ProvinceGao Xiang
Department of Immunology, Harbin Medical University, China Institute of Cancer Prevention and Treatment, Harbin Medical University, China
Clin Breast Cancer 10:373-7. 2010..DNA-methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) is a major enzyme that determines genomic methylation patterns...
- DNMT1 deficiency triggers mismatch repair defects in human cells through depletion of repair protein levels in a process involving the DNA damage responseJayne E P Loughery
Transcriptional Regulation and Epigenetics Group, Centre for Molecular Biosciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:3241-55. 2011DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) maintains methylation at CpG dinucleotides, important for transcriptional silencing at many loci...
- Oxidative damage targets complexes containing DNA methyltransferases, SIRT1, and polycomb members to promoter CpG IslandsHeather M O'Hagan
Department of Oncology and The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Cell 20:606-19. 2011..that inducing cellular oxidative stress by hydrogen peroxide treatment recruits DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) to damaged chromatin...
- The human DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) 1, 3a and 3b: coordinate mRNA expression in normal tissues and overexpression in tumorsK D Robertson
University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, MS 83, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2291-8. 1999..RNA and protein levels of the DNA methyltransferase DNMT1 have been shown to be elevated in tumors, however murine stem cells lacking Dnmt1 are still able to de novo ..
- Characterization of the human DNA methyltransferase splice variant Dnmt1bC Bonfils
MethylGene Inc, Montreal, Quebec H4S 2A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:10754-60. 2000..for embryonic development, as demonstrated by the lethal phenotypes of mice with either a targeted disruption of Dnmt1, the gene responsible for the maintenance of DNA methylation, or targeted disruption of Dnmt3a or Dnmt3b, the ..
- CpG methylation is maintained in human cancer cells lacking DNMT1I Rhee
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Nature 404:1003-7. 2000..The prototypic DNA methyltransferase, DNMT1, has been widely assumed to be responsible for most of the methylation of the human genome, including the abnormal ..
- DNMT1 binds HDAC2 and a new co-repressor, DMAP1, to form a complex at replication fociM R Rountree
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Tumor Biology Laboratory, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 25:269-77. 2000..We show here that the chief enzyme that maintains mammalian DNA methylation, DNMT1, can also establish a repressive transcription complex...
- DNMT1 forms a complex with Rb, E2F1 and HDAC1 and represses transcription from E2F-responsive promotersK D Robertson
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 25:338-42. 2000..Here we show that the predominant mammalian DNA methyltransferase, DNMT1, co-purifies with the retinoblastoma (Rb) tumour suppressor gene product, E2F1, and HDAC1 and that DNMT1 ..
- MBD2-MBD3 complex binds to hemi-methylated DNA and forms a complex containing DNMT1 at the replication foci in late S phaseK I Tatematsu
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 5:677-88. 2000..However, the function of another member of this family, MBD3, remained elusive...
- The activity of the murine DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 is controlled by interaction of the catalytic domain with the N-terminal part of the enzyme leading to an allosteric activation of the enzyme after binding to methylated DNAM Fatemi
Institut für Biochemie Fachbereich 8, Justus Liebig Universitat, Heinrich Buff Ring 58, Giessen, 35392, Germany
J Mol Biol 309:1189-99. 2001The mammalian DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 is responsible for the maintenance of the pattern of DNA methylation in vivo. It is a large multidomain enzyme comprising 1620 amino acid residues...
- The retinoblastoma gene product interacts with maintenance human DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferase and modulates its activitySriharsa Pradhan
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
EMBO J 21:779-88. 2002The mammalian DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferase (Dnmt1) is involved in the maintenance of methylation patterns in the genome during DNA replication and development...
- Co-operation and communication between the human maintenance and de novo DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferasesGun Do Kim
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
EMBO J 21:4183-95. 2002Three different families of DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferases, DNMT1, DUMT2, DNMT3a and DNMT3b, participate in establishing and maintaining genomic methylation patterns during mammalian development...
- Methyl-CpG-binding protein, MeCP2, is a target molecule for maintenance DNA methyltransferase, Dnmt1Hiromichi Kimura
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Animal Resource Sciences Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:4806-12. 2003..we show that the methyl-CpG binding protein, MeCP2, interacts directly with the maintenance DNA methyltransferase, Dnmt1. The region of MeCP2 that interacts with Dnmt1 corresponds to the transcription repressor domain which can also ..
- DNMT1 is required to maintain CpG methylation and aberrant gene silencing in human cancer cellsMarie France Robert
Department of Molecular Biology, MethylGene, 7220 Frederick Banting, Montreal, Canada H4S 2A1
Nat Genet 33:61-5. 2003..Genetic experiments have defined the importance of the DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 for the maintenance of methylation in mouse cells and its role in neoplasia...
- DNMT1 is a component of a multiprotein DNA replication complexPaula M Vertino
Department of Radiation Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cell Cycle 1:416-23. 2002..In the present study, we show that the predominant DNA methyltransferase species in somatic cells, DNMT1, is a component of a multiprotein DNA replication complex termed the DNA synthesome that fully supports semi-..
- Suv39h-mediated histone H3 lysine 9 methylation directs DNA methylation to major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatinBernhard Lehnertz
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, The Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohrgasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 13:1192-200. 2003..H3-K9 methylation was recently shown to be a prerequisite for DNA methylation in Neurospora crassa and Arabidopsis thaliana. Currently, it is unknown whether a similar dependence exists in mammalian organisms...
- Genetic unmasking of epigenetically silenced tumor suppressor genes in colon cancer cells deficient in DNA methyltransferasesMaria F Paz
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 12:2209-19. 2003..CpG islands using the colorectal cancer cell line HCT-116, in which two major DNA methyltransferases, DNMT1 and DNMT3b, have been genetically disrupted (DKO cells)...
- Double RNA interference of DNMT3b and DNMT1 enhances DNA demethylation and gene reactivationYu Wei Leu
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 420 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Res 63:6110-5. 2003..we used specific siRNAs as a tool to probe the relationship between two DNA methyltransferase genes, DNMT3b and DNMT1, in the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns in the genome...
- DNMT3B interacts with hSNF2H chromatin remodeling enzyme, HDACs 1 and 2, and components of the histone methylation systemTheresa M Geiman
Epigenetic Gene Regulation and Cancer Section, LRBGE NCI NIH, Bldg 41, Rm C306, 41 Library Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:544-55. 2004..pattern of genome-wide DNA methylation in mammalian cells is established and maintained by DNA methyltransferases DNMT1, 3A, and 3B...
- Effects of chromatin structure on the enzymatic and DNA binding functions of DNA methyltransferases DNMT1 and Dnmt3a in vitroAndrea K Robertson
Epigenetic Gene Regulation and Cancer Section, LRBGE NCI NIH, Bldg 41, Rm C306, 41 Library Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:110-8. 2004..chromatin and epigenetic chromatin modifications affect the biological properties of the DNA methyltransferases (DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B)...
- Increased protein stability causes DNA methyltransferase 1 dysregulation in breast cancerAgoston T Agoston
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 1000, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18302-10. 2005We report that DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) expression is dysregulated in breast cancer. The elevated protein levels are not a result of increased mRNA levels, but rather an increase in protein half-life...
- The Polycomb group protein EZH2 directly controls DNA methylationEmmanuelle Viré
Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Nature 439:871-4. 2006..of the Polycomb repressive complexes 2 and 3 (PRC2/3)-with DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) and associates with DNMT activity in vivo...
- Differential requirement for DNA methyltransferase 1 in maintaining human cancer cell gene promoter hypermethylationAngela H Ting
Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins University, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Cancer Res 66:729-35. 2006..cancer cells may be maintained in the absence of the major mammalian methyltransferase, DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1)...
- STAT3 induces transcription of the DNA methyltransferase 1 gene (DNMT1) in malignant T lymphocytesQian Zhang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 7 103 Founders, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Blood 108:1058-64. 2006..oncogenic form in the large spectrum of cancer types, induces in malignant T lymphocytes the expression of DNMT1, the key effector of epigenetic gene silencing...
- AUF1 cell cycle variations define genomic DNA methylation by regulation of DNMT1 mRNA stabilityJerome Torrisani
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, 3655 Sir William Osler Promenade, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 27:395-410. 2007DNA methylation is a major determinant of epigenetic inheritance. DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) is the enzyme responsible for the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns during cell division, and deregulated expression of DNMT1 leads ..
- Functional cooperation between HP1 and DNMT1 mediates gene silencingAndrea Smallwood
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Genes Dev 21:1169-78. 2007..In vitro, methylation of histone 3 Lys 9 by G9a creates a binding platform for HP1alpha, beta, and gamma. DNMT1 interacts with HP1 resulting in increased DNA methylation on DNA and chromatin templates in vitro...
- Mahanine reverses an epigenetically silenced tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A in human prostate cancer cellsShankar Jagadeesh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:212-7. 2007..androgen-responsive (LNCaP) and androgen-negative (PC3) prostate cancer cells by inhibiting DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) activity. Mahanine-induced expression of RASSF1A in turn significantly reduced cyclin D1 but not other cyclins...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B pathway stabilizes DNA methyltransferase I protein and maintains DNA methylationLidong Sun
Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Ministry of Education, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Cell Signal 19:2255-63. 2007..which affects gene expression and chromatin stability, is catalyzed by DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) of which DNMT1 possesses most abundant activity...
- The expression and clinical significance of DNA methyltransferase proteins in human gastric cancerWen Jin Ding
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:2083-9. 2008..We discovered that the positive rates of DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b expression in GC tissues were 81.6%, 81.6%, and 68...
- Expression of methylation-related genes is associated with overall survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancerJ Xing
Department of Epidemiology, Unit 1340, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1155 Pressler Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Br J Cancer 98:1716-22. 2008..In this study, we measured the mRNA expression levels of three methylation-regulating genes (DNMT1, DNMT3b, and MBD2) in 148 tumour samples from patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) using quantitative ..
- Inhibition of histone deacetylases promotes ubiquitin-dependent proteasomal degradation of DNA methyltransferase 1 in human breast cancer cellsQun Zhou
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, 1650 Orleans Street, CRB Room 144, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:873-83. 2008..Here, we show that the HDAC inhibitor LBH589 down-regulates DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) protein expression in the nucleus of human breast cancer cells...
- CXXC domain of human DNMT1 is essential for enzymatic activityMihika Pradhan
New England Biolabs, 240 County Road, Ipswich, Massachusetts 01938 2723, USA
Biochemistry 47:10000-9. 2008..DNA cytosine-5 methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) performs maintenance methylation in somatic cells...
- MicroRNA-29b induces global DNA hypomethylation and tumor suppressor gene reexpression in acute myeloid leukemia by targeting directly DNMT3A and 3B and indirectly DNMT1Ramiro Garzon
Department of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, 43210, USA
Blood 113:6411-8. 2009..miR-29b in acute myeloid leukemia cells resulted in marked reduction of the expression of DNA methyltransferases DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B at both RNA and protein levels...
Research Grants157 found, 100 shown here
- Improving the Quality of Medication Use in Older AdultsMary T Roth; Fiscal Year: 2010..To accomplish this, three specific aims are proposed. In Specific Aim 1, a 1-year cohort study will be conducted to estimate the prevalence and incidence of drug therapy problems ..
- A Decoy Receptor as a Novel Biomarker for Autoimmune Inner Ear DiseaseAndrea Vambutas; Fiscal Year: 2010..This hypothesis will be tested through three specific aims: Aim 1: Determine if a favorable response to steroid therapy in presumptive AIED patients with sudden declines in ..
- A Genetic Model for Understanding the Metabolic Syndrome/Obesity RelationshipBENJAMIN JENNINGS RENQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2010..The first aim will include a rigorous determination of MC3-R and MC4-R effects on sympathetic tone in white adipose tissue (WAT), ..
- Retinoid and Carotenoid Depletion in Patients at High-Risk for Liver CancerPeter H Gann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Normal controls will include 10 subjects providing tissue by partial hepatectomy for benign conditions. For Aim 1 we will test the importance of multiple factors (poor diet, stage of CLD, smoking, insulin resistance, age and ..
- A PROOF-OF-CONCEPT CLINICAL TRIAL OF XENIN-25 IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 2 DIABETESBurton M Wice; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Specific Aim 1 we will determine whether xenin-25 enhances the insulin secretory response to exogenously infused GIP and in ..
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Comparison of Depression Interventions after Acute Coronary Syndrome (CODIACS)Karina W Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Aim 1) To determine the feasibility and effectiveness of the COPES intervention at other sites by conducting a 5-site ..
- Baerbel Rohrer; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Aim 1 is aimed at determining the smoke-induced complement activation pathway in RPE monolayers...
- SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth 2: Hawaii CenterBeatriz L Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..to continue and expand the work performed by SEARCH in order to address the following specific research aims: AIM 1: Prospectively ascertain newly diagnosed (2006-2008) incident cases age less than 20 years in order to estimate ..
- Prospective Study of Restless Leg SyndromeXiang Gao; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The primary aim of this application is to examine whether blood donation, obesity and genetic components influence risk of restless ..
- Empowering Daughters and Mother-in-laws to Mitigate Gender-based Violence and ProSuneeta Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2011..We aim to fill this gap by conducting exploratory research on an innovative women's empowerment-based GBV prevention ..
- Fish oil for the prevention and treatment of ovarian cancerDale B Hales; Fiscal Year: 2012..Two Specific Aims are proposed based on the innovative use of the laying hen model of ovarian cancer: Aim 1) to determine the optimum dose of fish oil by assessing the effects on surrogate endpoints in hens;Aim 2) to ..
- Rick W Wright; Fiscal Year: 2014..This will be accomplished by focusing on four Specific Aims. Specific Aim 1 will determine if graft choice predicts incidence of graft rerupture, reoperation, return to sports function and ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL: MATERNAL VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION TO PREVENT CHILDHOOD ASTHMARobert Strunk; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our primary specific aim is to determine whether adequate vitamin D supplementation in the pregnant mother is associated with reduced ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL: MATERNAL VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION TO PREVENT CHILDHOOD ASTHMAScott T Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our primary specific aim is to determine whether adequate vitamin D supplementation in the pregnant mother is associated with reduced ..
- Helen Kim; Fiscal Year: 2016..Taken together, there is a pressing need to improve risk assessment. Aim 1 will demonstrate that Silent Intralesional Microhemorrhage (SIM) is a novel risk factor for bAVM rupture...
- Abdulghani Sankari; Fiscal Year: 2016..B. Research Plan: To this end the research proposal is aimed as the followings: Specific Aim (1): To determine the mechanism of SDB in cervical vs. thoracic SCI...
- The Risk of Myocardial Infarction in Patients with PsoriasisJoel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this application, we aim to perform a large population-based cohort study in patients with varying degrees of psoriasis severity to ..
- Rachel Saunders-Pullman; Fiscal Year: 2015..It will critically expand both studies by adding measures to both New York and Israeli sites (Aim 1), including cancer assessment (Aim 3), and combining Consortium marker data with a surrogate marker for ..
- Nancy Berliner; Fiscal Year: 2015..We aim to determine whether vitamin D and/or w-3 FA supplements reduce the incidence of diagnosed anemia through the use ..
- Nan Kong; Fiscal Year: 2014..Under the first aim, a discrete-event simulation model that mimics the age- and gender- dependent CRC natural history will be ..
- Susan H Eshleman; Fiscal Year: 2014..The Specific Aims of the project are: Aim 1: Continue to build a repository of diverse, well-characterized samples with information on the duration of HIV ..
- SOCRATES HERRERA VALENCIA; Fiscal Year: 2016..The studies proposed for aim 1 are directed to determine the real prevalence and incidence of malaria by considering both symptomatic and ..
- Graves'Disease Therapy Risks to Mother and FetusScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test these hypotheses, two specific aims are proposed: Specific Aim 1: Assess the risks of ATD treatment during pregnancy on mother and fetus...
- Role of Genes in Exceptional Longevity in HumansNIR J BARZILAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..We aim to discover more longevity genes, aging genes, and their interactive/protective pathways by high through-out ..
- Arti Hurria; Fiscal Year: 2016..study design, we will pursue the following specific aims while controlling for comorbidity and frailty: Aim 1: Examine the association of APOE status, smoking history, and therapeutic exposures on the cognitive performance ..
- Translating innovative research discoveries to a potential therapeutic for Down SELIZABETH KEITH MESSERSMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Phase 1 Specific Aims: Aim 1): Determine safe and efficacious doses for PTZ in Ts65Dn mice with a focus on seizure risk assessment...
- Joshua E Muscat; Fiscal Year: 2015..Specific aims are: Specific Aim 1...
- Jill M Wecht; Fiscal Year: 2014..An exploratory aim will be to determine if hypoxemia stemming from repetitive apneas leads to elevation in markers of vascular ..
- Adenosine and the Basal Forebrain in the Control of Behavioral StateRobert E Strecker; Fiscal Year: 2012..Similar CSR results in rats are described in Aim 1...
- Albert Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2016..They have shown that certain biomarkers correlate with HAND severity and improve during treatment. One aim would be to test a composite score of eight biomarkers alongside standardized neuropsychological testing...
- Metabolic Crosstalk Between Immune Cells and the Liver in ObesityBENJAMIN MANTELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this project, we aim to determine the role of not only macrophages, but other cells of innate immunity, e.g...
- Mark E Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2015..The initial aim of the study is to decipher how these established AMD risk factors regulate the progression of disease through ..
- TARGETING FLIP FOR PROSTATE CANCER PREVENTIONAddanki P Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific aim 1: Establish the efficacy of 2-ME in inhibiting the development of AIPCA in the TRAMP model...
- Autologous EPC lining to improve biocompatibility of circulatory assist devicesJeffrey H Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..will provide a more antithrombogenic and biocompatible surface and propose the following specific aims: Specific Aim 1: to genetically enhance endothelial progenitor cells, isolated from swine peripheral blood, by over-expressing ..
- Modulated Imaging in Comprehensive Assessment of Diabetic Foot Ulcer DevelopmentAmaan Mazhar; Fiscal Year: 2012..The central aim of the proposed research is to prove Modulated Imaging (MI) as a means to predict/monitor complications of the ..
- A Comprehensive Intervention for Diabetes and Comorbid Depression in Primary CareMadhukar H Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims: Aim 1: To evaluate the benefits of CDDI in improving diabetic outcomes compared to UC+DSM-DM...
- Genetic Analysis of Age Related Hearing ImpairmentRick A Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose the following SPECIFIC AIMS: AIM 1: Compile an accurate representation of the adult human cochlear transcriptome...
- A Pilot Study of the DASH Diet in Not-Well-Controlled Adult AsthmaJun Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..Follow-up assessments will occur at 3 and 6 months. The primary aim is to evaluate the potential effect of the DASH diet on a validated composite measure of asthma control, the ..
- Translating CBT-Insomnia for Lung Cancer into practice: A RCTGrace E Dean; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study proposes a multi-tiered, translational approach to address specific needs of lung cancer survivors. Aim 1 will determine the efficacy of a standard CBT-I treatment protocol in lung cancer survivors...
- Wilburn E Reddick; Fiscal Year: 2015..greatest risk of developing specific neurocognitive deficits in frontal lobe functioning at completion of therapy (Aim 1)...
- Brain Structure and Function in Adolescents after the Fontan OperationMICHAEL JOHN RIVKIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 1, Fontan and control groups will be compared on Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) measures of brain structure...
- William A Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim I, we will establish that 5-HT1A receptors within basal ganglia circuitry are situated to reduce excitatory drive ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Biologics for PsoriasisJoel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2010..This aim will address a major barrier to the conduct of comparative effectiveness studies in psoriasis as such studies can ..
- Excitation contraction coupling in bladder smooth muscleRobert S Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first aim of this proposal will be to continue the development of this organ-cultured preparation and demonstrate the utility ..
- Behavioral Change in the Mother/Infant Dyad: Preventing Postpartum DepressionCATHERINE E MONK; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this R21 application, we aim to collect pilot and feasibility data on a novel PPD risk-reducing protocol based on a dyadic behavioral approach ..
- Developing a Skin Toxicity-Related Quality of Life Scale for Breast RadiotherapyJulie B Schnur; Fiscal Year: 2012..The first specific aim of the project is to assemble the POST-B from the building blocks of our preliminary item pool...
- John F Sheridan; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the first aim we will elucidate the neuroendocrine pathways that contribute to the development and egress of GC-insensitive MPCs ..
- SOREN YVETTE LOWELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Aim III will determine the functional impact of OA on quality of life and ability to communicate with family or friends...
- Craig M McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specific aims of the project are: Specific Aim 1: To assess the reliability, validity, and responsiveness of novel objective clinical outcome measures in DMD: ..
- Gloria Y Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our primary aim will be to examine the effects of tai chi and mind-body breathing on quality-of-life and exercise capacity in this ..
- ESRD Endocrinopathy and Daily DialysisJoan C Lo; Fiscal Year: 2012..three Specific Aims are: Among up to 250 persons with ESRD on maintenance hemodialysis enrolled into the FHN Study: Aim 1: To characterize the prevalence and correlates of abnormalities in pituitary and thyroid- related hormones and ..
- Frank K Friedenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..An additional aim of this K24 award will be to establish formal training in epidemiology for residents and subspecialty ..
- NICOLE L MARRONE; Fiscal Year: 2014..The specific aims are divided across the two phases of research. The R21 phase includes Aim 1) Develop and implement a needs assessment identifying factors that underlie barriers to access in an older ..
- Nasia Safdar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Secondary Exploratory Specific Aim 1. To determine the effect of 4 weeks of oral L. rhamnosus HN001 therapy on S. aureus infections...
- Mice Harboring Human DISC1-Boymaw Fusion TranscriptsXIANJIN ZHOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..R21 PHASE SPECIFIC AIMS Specific Aim 1: Generation of humanized mice harboring human DISC1-Boymaw fusion transcripts...
- Improving PTSD Management in Primary CareLisa S Meredith; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, we aim to: 1...
- Christie Befort; Fiscal Year: 2015..We aim to produce long-term weight loss maintenance, associated biomarker modulation, and improved quality of life in a ..
- INDU A AYAPPA; Fiscal Year: 2016..The specific aim is to demonstrate a correlation between the level of EDS that develops after controlled suboptimal CPAP (a ..
- Behavioral and Virologic Impact of HPV ImmunizationJessica A Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..The third aim will be addressed using two cross- sectional surveillance studies, before and after widespread HPV vaccination, in ..
- Genetic and Environmental Determinants of Type 2 Diabetes in Chinese SingaporeansMark A Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our main aim is the identification of genetic susceptibility factors for T2D in Chinese living in Singapore, where there is a ..
- Genomics of myocardial transcription factors in cardiac remodelingThomas P Cappola; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1 we will test the hypothesis that variation in candidate transcription factors is associated with concentric ..
- A Prospective Cohort Study of Migraines, Platelet Activation, and PreeclampsiaMichelle A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall aim of the proposed research is to evaluate whether, and to what extent, maternal pre-gestational history of migraines ..
- THELMA THEREZINHA GONCALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..will be measured as an increase in persons receiving their test results, disclosure counseling and referrals (Aim 1)...
- JOCELYN CHRISTINE ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..The aim of these qualitative interviews is to explore women's perceptions on IPV and reproductive coercion and the ..
- Corinne Keet; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Aim 1 is to compare the prevalence of sensitization and higher likelihood of clinical food allergy, both as measured by ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..of my parent New Innovator (DP2) Award; the DP2's main specific aims are to develop novel microscopes (Aim 1) and analytical tools (Aim 2) to study membrane trafficking at the cell cortex (Aim 3)...
- CPG METHYLATION AND MUTATIONGerd P Pfeifer; Fiscal Year: 2013..In another Specific Aim, we will analyze the hypothesis that DNA methylation changes can be induced by endogenous mechanisms including ..
- Regulation of Airway Mucin Gene Expression by Epigenetic MechanismReen Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..To further test this hypothesis, three specific aims are proposed. The first aim is to determine if differential MUC5AC expression in various cell lines and primary NHBE cells is regulated by ..
- John W Wiley; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specifically, our preliminary data support two highly novel hypotheses: 1. Chronic intermittent stress promotes DNMT1-mediated methylation of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) promoter sites resulting in decreased GR expression that is ..
- DNA methylation of extracellular superoxide dismutase in pulmonary hypertensionEVA NOZIK GRAYCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Aim 1 will utilize lung and pulmonary artery tissue and serum procured at the time of organ transplantation in patients ..
- Epigenetics of Sex Differences in Brain and BehaviorBRIDGET NUGENT; Fiscal Year: 2012..DNA methylation is the epigenetic process by which a DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) enzyme covalently modifies cytosine dinucleotides within a gene's promoter region via addition of a methyl ..
- Analysis of epigenetic regulation in early mammalian embryos via RNA interferenceCharles R Long; Fiscal Year: 2010..This Aim will investigate the role individual genes in epigenetic reprogramming and normal embryonic development by ..
- Mark E Westhusin; Fiscal Year: 2014..We propose to use a bovine model to pursue the following aims. Specific Aim 1 is to characterize the expression and activity of DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs), histone methyltransferases (..
- Rebecca A Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2016..We propose the following specific aims: Specific Aim 1 will assess the epigenome of F1 offspring exposed to BPA in utero as well as the F2-F3 generations...
- Genistein and Prostate CancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test this hypothesis, we will analyze: 1) Global methylation and enzymatic activity of DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) using radiolabeled S- adenosylmethionine (SAM) assays...
- Jean Pierre J Issa; Fiscal Year: 2016..In specific aim 1, we propose (a) to measure the propensity of promoter-associated CpG islands to DNA hypermethylation in myeloid ..
- Hepatic Steatosis Modulation by Apo B Gene TranscriptionJANET DEHOFF SPARKS; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Aim 1 tests the ability of betaine to reverse hepatic steatosis in two rodent metabolic syndrome models: Zucker (fa/fa) ..
- Epigenetic downregulation of the antibody response and inhibition of autoimmunityPaolo Casali; Fiscal Year: 2013..NZM/Sle1.Sle2.Sle3 mice (Aim 1)...
- David P Gavin; Fiscal Year: 2016..if deficient BDNF expression in the NAc in C57 mice may be explained by altered expression of DNA methylating (DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b) or DNA demethylating genes, such as CDs, TGs, or the GADD45s...
- Leena A Hilakivi-Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2015..The increase in DNA methylation may be caused by up-regulation of DNA methyltransferases (DNMT1, DNMT3a and DNMT3b) and polycombs (EZH2, SUZ12), which we and others have found to occur in the offspring of ..
- Anjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 1, we will analyze hmC levels and Tet occupancy at relevant genes in naive, activated and differentiating murine ..
- METHYLATION OF THE CALCITONIN GENE IN HUMAN TUMORSStephen B Baylin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We now follow our preliminary data to define the nature and function of PcG-SIRT1 complex(es), containing DNMT's and histone methyl-transferases and demethylases, which may convert normal bivalent chromatin such that ..
- Factors for Epigenetic Silencing of Lung Cancer GenesSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..The second aim will determine whether diet and/or the established clinical risk factors COPD and smoking history are associated ..
- Subhash C Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2016..to investigate DNA methylation mechanisms in the amygdaloid brain circuitry (CeA and MeA) by determining DNMT (DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b) expression and DNA methylation, and how changes in DNA methylation may coordinate shifts in ..
- Epigenetic effects of developmental endocrine disruptor exposure in the ovaryMehmet Uzumcu; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test this hypothesis with three specific aims: Aim 1 is to determine global age-dependent DNA methylation and gene expression changes in the ovary following ..
- Wnt antagonist genes in kidney tumor progression and metastasisRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2012..also investigate whether the mechanisms of inactivation of Wnt antagonist genes are due to DNA methyltransferase (DNMT-1, DNMT3a, DNMT3b), demethylase (MBD2) genes, histone acetylation and chromatin remodeling through analysis of ..
- Aging and brain 5-lipoxygenaseHari Manev; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose the following three specific AIMs: 1) Investigate in mice the effects of aging on a) brain DNMT1 and HDACs expression, b) brain region-specific 5-LOX promoter methylation, and c) 5-LOX-related histone ..
- Christopher P Mack; Fiscal Year: 2015..Based on our preliminary data indicating that the SMC-specific promoters are regulated by methylation, the goal of Aim 2 is to identify the molecular mechanisms involved...
- The dynamics of DNA methylation in normal and cancer cellsGREGORY ADAM HORWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..most common type found in mammalian genomes and it is maintained by the maintenance DNA methyltransferase called DNMT1, which acts on newly synthesized DNA at replication forks and shows a preference for hemimethylated CG sites...
- Molecular Analysis of Alcohol Effects on Human Oral Epithelium Cells'EpigenomeAlison Urvalek; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two specific aims will test this hypothesis: Aim 1: To determine if alcohol regulates epigenetic changes and if these changes correlate with changes in gene ..
- Jianhua Shao; Fiscal Year: 2016..Studies of Specific Aim 1 are designed to determine the role of fetal adiponectin in maternal obesity-induced high birthweight and adult ..
- Guo Zhang Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2014..Accordingly, two Specific Aims will be pursued in this application to test our hypothesis. Specific Aim 1: Further analyze meiotic phenotypes of PTIP- deficient male germ cells...