Genomes and Genes
cysteinyl tRNA synthetase
Gene Symbol: cysteinyl tRNA synthetase
Description: cysteinyl-tRNA synthetase
Alias: CARS1, CYSRS, MGC:11246, cysteine--tRNA ligase, cytoplasmic, cysteine tRNA ligase 1, cytoplasmic, cysteine translase
Products: cysteinyl tRNA synthetase
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Ascierto P, Agarwala S, Botti G, Cesano A, Ciliberto G, Davies M, et al. Future perspectives in melanoma research : Meeting report from the "Melanoma Bridge". Napoli, December 1st-4th 2015. J Transl Med. 2016;14:313 pubmed..The concept of the fit-for-purpose marker validation has been introduced to address the challenges and strategies for analytical and clinical validation design for specific assays. ..
- Dhall S, Alamat R, Castro A, Sarker A, Mao J, Chan A, et al. Tobacco toxins deposited on surfaces (third hand smoke) impair wound healing. Clin Sci (Lond). 2016;130:1269-84 pubmed publisher..In addition, the lack of elastin results in loss of wound plasticity, which may be responsible for reopening of wounds. ..
- Velali E, Papachristou E, Pantazaki A, Besis A, Samara C, Labrianidis C, et al. In vitro cellular toxicity induced by extractable organic fractions of particles exhausted from urban combustion sources - Role of PAHs. Environ Pollut. 2018;243:1166-1176 pubmed publisher..Clearly, further research is needed to elucidate the role of PAHs in the biological effects induced by both, combustion emissions, and ambient air particles. ..
- McLennan M, Asiimwe C. Cars kill chimpanzees: case report of a wild chimpanzee killed on a road at Bulindi, Uganda. Primates. 2016;57:377-88 pubmed publisher..Installation of simple speed-bumps-common on Ugandan roads-would be effective in reducing risks to wildlife, and would also make roads safer for human pedestrians. ..
- Teerapuncharoen K, Sharma N, Barker A, Wille K, Diaz Guzman E. Successful Treatment of Severe Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Refractory Shock Using Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Respir Care. 2015;60:e155-60 pubmed publisher..We report the successful use of venoarterial ECMO in a patient with severe CO poisoning and multiple-organ failure. ..
- Sharma S, Gonda X, Tarazi F. Autism Spectrum Disorder: Classification, diagnosis and therapy. Pharmacol Ther. 2018;190:91-104 pubmed publisher..Developing novel disease-modifying therapies may prove to be the ultimate intervention for sustained improvement of symptoms in ASD. ..
- Nasser Z, Salameh P, Nasser W, Abou Abbas L, Elias E, Leveque A. Outdoor particulate matter (PM) and associated cardiovascular diseases in the Middle East. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2015;28:641-61 pubmed publisher..Future studies should weigh the potential impact of PM on the overall burden of cardiac diseases. ..
- Nduka J, Onyenezi Amuka J, Onwuka J, Udowelle N, Orisakwe O. Human health risk assessment of lead, manganese and copper from scrapped car paint dust from automobile workshops in Nigeria. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:20341-20349 pubmed..39E-05 and 8.67E-10 for ingestion, inhalation and dermal exposures respectively. Chronic exposure to scrap car paint dusts may be of significant public health importance in Nigeria as this may add to the body burden of some heavy metals. ..
- Stotts A, Evans P, Green C, Northrup T, DODRILL C, Fox J, et al. Secondhand smoke risk in infants discharged from an NICU: potential for significant health disparities?. Nicotine Tob Res. 2011;13:1015-22 pubmed publisher..Innovative SHSe interventions for this vulnerable population are sorely needed. ..
- Tulloch H, Pipe A, Els C, Clyde M, Reid R. Flexible, dual-form nicotine replacement therapy or varenicline in comparison with nicotine patch for smoking cessation: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Med. 2016;14:80 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01623505 ; Retrospectively registered on July 13, 2011. ..
- Bisig C, Comte P, Güdel M, Czerwinski J, Mayer A, Müller L, et al. Assessment of lung cell toxicity of various gasoline engine exhausts using a versatile in vitro exposure system. Environ Pollut. 2018;235:263-271 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, more data comparing different lubrication oils and their possible adverse effects are needed. Future experiments also should, as shown here, focus on repeated exposures. ..
- Ataca P, Arslan Ã. Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Therapy in Hematology. Turk J Haematol. 2015;32:285-94 pubmed publisher..Bu derleme adoptif immÃ¼noterapinin geÃ§miÅŸini, ÅžAR modifiye T hÃ¼crelerini, Ã¼retim sÃ¼recini, klinik ve preklinik Ã§alÄ±ÅŸmalarÄ± Ã¶zetlemektedir. ..
- Gonzalez J, Ko M, Masedunskas A, Hong Y, Weigert R, Tan J. Toward inÂ vivo two-photon analysis of mouse aqueous outflow structure and function. Exp Eye Res. 2017;158:161-170 pubmed publisher..These tools greatly expand our options for analyzing physiological and pathological processes in the aqueous drainage tissues of live mice as a model of the analogous human system. ..
- González Coraspe J, Weis J, Anderson M, Münchberg U, Lorenz K, Buchkremer S, et al. Biochemical and pathological changes result from mutated Caveolin-3 in muscle. Skelet Muscle. 2018;8:28 pubmed publisher..Glycosylation of sarcolemmal proteins seems to be normal. The new pathophysiological insights might be of relevance for the development of therapeutic strategies for caveolinopathy patients targeting improved protein folding capacity. ..
- Zonfrillo M, Locey C, Scarfone S, Arbogast K. Motor vehicle crash-related injury causation scenarios for spinal injuries in restrained children and adolescents. Traffic Inj Prev. 2014;15 Suppl 1:S49-55 pubmed publisher..There are age-specific mechanism patterns that should be further explored. Because even moderate spinal trauma can result in measurable morbidity, future efforts should focus on mitigating these injuries. ..
- Rodríguez Miranda C, Jojoa Ríos J, Orozco Acosta L, Nieto Cárdenas O. [Metabolic syndrome in public service drivers in Armenia, Colombia]. Rev Salud Publica (Bogota). 2017;19:499-505 pubmed publisher..La obesidad, la hipertrigliceridemia y los bajos niveles de HDL-c fueron los principales parámetros de alarma para la presencia de Síndrome Metabólico. ..
- Belloni L, Di Cocco S, Guerrieri F, Nunn A, Piconese S, Salerno D, et al. Targeting a phospho-STAT3-miRNAs pathway improves vesicular hepatic steatosis in an in vitro and in vivo model. Sci Rep. 2018;8:13638 pubmed publisher..Our results identified a microRNAs-phosphoSTAT3 pathway involved in the development of hepatic steatosis, which may represent a molecular marker for both diagnosis and therapeutic targeting. ..
- Chen J, Xin K, Wei J, Zhang K, Xiao H. Lower maternal serum 25(OH) D in first trimester associated with higher autism risk in Chinese offspring. J Psychosom Res. 2016;89:98-101 pubmed publisher..If these findings are confirmed, this may present an opportunity for prenatal intervention to reduce the risk for ASD. ..
- Allan J, Munro W, Figgins E. Foot deformities within the diabetic foot and their influence on biomechanics: A review of the literature. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2016;40:182-92 pubmed publisher..If the aetiology of deformity was established preventative treatment may reduce the incidence of foot deformities and resultant ulcerations and amputations. ..
- Yong C, Westwood J, SchrÃ¶der J, Papenfuss A, von Scheidt B, Moeller M, et al. Expression of a Chimeric Antigen Receptor in Multiple Leukocyte Lineages in Transgenic Mice. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0140543 pubmed publisher..These novel vav-CAR models provide a ready source of CAR expressing myeloid and lymphoid cells and will aid in facilitating future experiments to delineate the role for other leukocytes for adoptive immunotherapy against cancer. ..
- Chan R, Wei C, Chen Y, Benet L. Use of the Biopharmaceutics Drug Disposition Classification System (BDDCS) to Help Predict the Occurrence of Idiosyncratic Cutaneous Adverse Drug Reactions Associated with Antiepileptic Drug Usage. AAPS J. 2016;18:757-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that BDDCS Class 3 AEDs should be preferentially used for patients with Asian backgrounds (i.e., Han Chinese, Thai, and Malaysian populations) if possible and in patients predisposed to skin rashes. ..
- Sapan H, Paturusi I, Islam A, Yusuf I, Patellongi I, Massi M, et al. Interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 plasma levels and mRNA expression in polytrauma patients. Chin J Traumatol. 2017;20:318-322 pubmed publisher..The pattern of cytokine levels in inflammation response has great impact on the outcome of polytrauma patients. Further study at the genetic level is needed to investigate inflammation process which may influence patient's outcome. ..
- Huang H, Chen C. The use of modified ride-on cars to maximize mobility and improve socialization-a group design. Res Dev Disabil. 2017;61:172-180 pubmed publisher..Future studies should include a larger sample size to detect any differences between ROC training and conventional therapy. ..
- Pop B, Niculae A, Pop T, Rachisan A. Individuals with autism have higher 8-Iso-PGF2? levels than controls, but no correlation with quantitative assay of Paraoxonase 1 serum levels. Metab Brain Dis. 2017;32:1943-1950 pubmed publisher..Future research should focus on providing data regarding PON 1 phenotype, in addition to standard quantitative measurements, in relation to 8-iso-PGF2? as well as other clinical and structural brain findings. ..
- Becker M, Bosa C, Oliveira Freitas V, Goldim J, Ohlweiler L, Roesler R, et al. Improvement of autism spectrum disorder symptoms in three children by using gastrin-releasing peptide. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2016;92:302-6 pubmed publisher..Controlled clinical trials-randomized, double-blinded, and with more children-are needed to better evaluate the possible therapeutic effects of gastrin-releasing peptide in autism. ..
- Souza B, Evangelista de Melo T, Pereira Lisboa T, Bastos Miranda M, Schroder E Souza T, de Oliveira V. Parental awareness and perception for correct use of child restraint systems and airbags in Brazil. Traffic Inj Prev. 2017;18:171-174 pubmed publisher..We were also able to identify an important gap in the knowledge about airbags among parents. Further efforts are needed to correct those distortions. ..
- Wallner P, Wanka A, Hutter H. SUV driving "masculinizes" risk behavior in females: a public health challenge. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2017;129:625-629 pubmed publisher..This "SUV effect" also occurred in women for all violations, although male drivers violated traffic laws more often than female drivers. However, for driving unbelted the difference between males and females was smaller in SUV drivers. ..
- Eramudugolla R, Kiely K, Chopra S, Anstey K. Effect of Speed of Processing Training on Older Driver Screening Measures. Front Aging Neurosci. 2017;9:338 pubmed publisher..However, differential effects of training may be observed for tasks requiring goal-directed search strategies rather than diffuse attention...
- Zhang Q, Zhang P, Gou H, Mou C, Huang W, Yang M, et al. Towards high-throughput microfluidic Raman-activated cell sorting. Analyst. 2015;140:6163-74 pubmed publisher..Such high-throughput microfluidic RACS can provide biologists with a powerful single-cell analysis tool to explore the scientific questions or applications that have been beyond the reach of FACS and MACS. ..
- Wan Y, Xue J, Kannan K. Occurrence of benzophenone-3 in indoor air from Albany, New York, USA, and its implications for inhalation exposure. Sci Total Environ. 2015;537:304-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first survey on the occurrence of BP-3 in indoor air. ..
- Sugiyama T, Wijndaele K, Koohsari M, Tanamas S, Dunstan D, Owen N. Adverse associations of car time with markers of cardio-metabolic risk. Prev Med. 2016;83:26-30 pubmed publisher..Further studies, ideally using objective measures of sitting time in cars and prospective designs, are needed to confirm the impact of car use on cardio-metabolic disease risk. ..
- Zeltsman M, Dozier J, McGee E, Ngai D, Adusumilli P. CAR T-cell therapy for lung cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma. Transl Res. 2017;187:1-10 pubmed publisher..We discuss the rationale for combination immunotherapies for NSCLC and MPM patients. Additionally, we have highlighted the challenges and strategies for overcoming the obstacles facing translation of CAR T-cell therapy to solid tumors. ..
- Brockamp T, Schmucker U, Lefering R, Mutschler M, Driessen A, Probst C, et al. Comparison of transportation related injury mechanisms and outcome of young road users and adult road users, a retrospective analysis on 24,373 patients derived from the TraumaRegister DGU®. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2017;25:57 pubmed publisher..Our data emphasize a characteristic injury pattern of young trauma patients and may be used to improve trauma care and to guide prevention strategies to decrease injury severity and mortality due to road traffic injuries. ..
- Stein T, Reeder R, Peelen M. Privileged access to awareness for faces and objects of expertise. J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform. 2016;42:788-98 pubmed publisher..More generally, we interpret these findings as suggesting that access to awareness and exemplar-level discrimination rely on partially shared perceptual mechanisms. (PsycINFO Database Record ..
- Babayemi J, Osibanjo O, Sindiku O, Weber R. Inventory and substance flow analysis of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in the Nigerian transport sector-end-of-life vehicles policy and management. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2018;25:31805-31818 pubmed publisher..g. heavy metals, flame retardants, PCBs, chlorofluorocarbons, hydrofluorocarbons and waste oil), this initiated activity should finally lead to an integrated management of pollutants and resources from the transport sector. ..
- Zang K, Shen J, Huang H, Wan M, Shi J. Assessing and Mapping of Road Surface Roughness based on GPS and Accelerometer Sensors on Bicycle-Mounted Smartphones. Sensors (Basel). 2018;18: pubmed publisher..This work enables us to further study the feasibility of crowdsourcing road surface roughness with bicycle-mounted smartphones. ..
- Strandroth J, Sternlund S, Lie A, Tingvall C, Rizzi M, Kullgren A, et al. Correlation Between Euro NCAP Pedestrian Test Results and Injury Severity in Injury Crashes with Pedestrians and Bicyclists in Sweden. Stapp Car Crash J. 2014;58:213-31 pubmed..Based on these results, it was recommended that pedestrian protection are implemented on a global scale to provide protection for vulnerable road users worldwide. ..
- Ren X, Ma W, Lu H, Yuan L, An L, Wang X, et al. Modification of cytokine-induced killer cells with chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) enhances antitumor immunity to epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)-positive malignancies. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2015;64:1517-29 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that modification with EGFR-specific CAR strongly enhances the antitumor activity of the CIK cells against EGFR-positive malignancies. ..
- Lindsay G, Mior S, CÃ´tÃ© P, Carroll L, Shearer H. Patients' Experiences With Vehicle Collision to Inform the Development of Clinical Practice Guidelines: A Narrative Inquiry. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2016;39:218-28 pubmed publisher..The values and findings of the qualitative inquiry were interwoven into each clinical pathway and embedded within the final guideline report submitted to government. ..
- Stelling Konczak A, van Wee G, Commandeur J, Hagenzieker M. Mobile phone conversations, listening to music and quiet (electric) cars: Are traffic sounds important for safe cycling?. Accid Anal Prev. 2017;106:10-22 pubmed publisher..With the increasing number of quiet (electric) cars on the road, cyclists in the future may also need to compensate for the limited auditory input of these cars. ..
- Guekht A, Vester J, Heiss W, Gusev E, Hoemberg V, Rahlfs V, et al. Safety and efficacy of Cerebrolysin in motor function recovery after stroke: a meta-analysis of the CARS trials. Neurol Sci. 2017;38:1761-1769 pubmed publisher..Cerebrolysin had a beneficial effect on motor function and neurological status in early rehabilitation patients after acute ischemic stroke. Safety aspects were comparable to placebo, showing a favourable benefit/risk ratio. ..
- Gauthier J, Yakoub Agha I. Chimeric antigen-receptor T-cell therapy for hematological malignancies and solid tumors: Clinical data to date, current limitations and perspectives. Curr Res Transl Med. 2017;65:93-102 pubmed publisher..While enjoying an undeniable hype, CAR T-cell therapy bears significant limitations. We will conclude by exposing the possible approaches to make CAR T-cells safer and more efficient beyond the CD19 target...
- Oldenkamp R, van Zelm R, Huijbregts M. Valuing the human health damage caused by the fraud of Volkswagen. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:121-127 pubmed publisher..3 times larger than the 7.3 billion US dollars that Volkswagen Group has set aside to cover worldwide costs related to the diesel emissions scandal. ..
- Khaled E, Meguid N, BjÃ¸rklund G, Gouda A, Bahary M, Hashish A, et al. Altered urinary porphyrins and mercury exposure as biomarkers for autism severity in Egyptian children with autism spectrum disorder. Metab Brain Dis. 2016;31:1419-1426 pubmed..The present study indicates that coproporphyrin and precoproporhyrin may be utilized as possible biomarkers for heavy metal exposure and autism severity in children with ASD. ..
- Wu X, Wang Y, Peng Z, Chen Q. A questionnaire survey on road rage and anger-provoking situations in China. Accid Anal Prev. 2018;111:210-221 pubmed publisher..64% of participants chose "plan the trip in advance", 57.14% chose "strengthen law enforcement", and 71.5% chose "improve public transportation". Females, young people, and novices pay more attention to these measures. ..
- Fisher J, Abramowski P, Wisidagamage Don N, Flutter B, Capsomidis A, Cheung G, et al. Avoidance of On-Target Off-Tumor Activation Using a Co-stimulation-Only Chimeric Antigen Receptor. Mol Ther. 2017;25:1234-1247 pubmed publisher..Differentiation between X-on tumor and X-off tumor offers potential for safer immunotherapy and broader target selection. ..
- Pedersen W, Tutenges S, Sandberg S. The pleasures of drunken one-night stands: Assemblage theory and narrative environments. Int J Drug Policy. 2017;49:160-167 pubmed publisher..We argue that drunken one-night stands are part and parcel of a drinking culture that places high value on sexual encounters and personal sex stories. ..
- Perales M, Kebriaei P, Kean L, Sadelain M. Building a Safer and Faster CAR: Seatbelts, Airbags, and CRISPR. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2018;24:27-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, new engineering modalities, based on the use of targeted nucleases like CRISPR, may further enhance the efficacy and safety of CAR T cells. ..
- Han Y, Xi Q, Dai W, Yang S, Gao L, Su Y, et al. Abnormal transsulfuration metabolism and reduced antioxidant capacity in Chinese children with autism spectrum disorders. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;46:27-32 pubmed publisher..e., hyperhomocysteinemia and increased oxidative stress), and Hcy level appears to have a potentially negative impact on clinical severity of autistic disorder. ..
- Quinn J, Mooney S, Sheehan D, Teitler J, Neckerman K, Kaufman T, et al. Neighborhood Physical Disorder in New York City. J Maps. 2016;12:53-60 pubmed..The resulting map condenses a complex estimation process into an interpretable visualization of the spatial distribution of physical disorder in New York City. ..
- Qasem H, Al Ayadhi L, El Ansary A. Cysteinyl leukotriene correlated with 8-isoprostane levels as predictive biomarkers for sensory dysfunction in autism. Lipids Health Dis. 2016;15:130 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that 8-isoprostane and CysLTs can be used as markers for the early recognition of autistic patients through sensory deficits phenotypes which might help early intervention. ..
- Chen K, Wu T, Wei H, Zhou T, Li Y. Quantitative chemical imaging with background-free multiplex coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering by dual-soliton Stokes pulses. Biomed Opt Express. 2016;7:3927-3939 pubmed
- Johansson O, Fyhri A. "Maybe I Will Just Send a Quick Text…" - An Examination of Drivers' Distractions, Causes, and Potential Interventions. Front Psychol. 2017;8:1957 pubmed publisher..Notwithstanding the ineffectual interventions, this study contains novel information about baseline differences in distractive behavior that may further impact future behavior change interventions and guide future research...
- Keller E, Brandt N, Cassabaum A, Frontiera R. Ultrafast surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Analyst. 2015;140:4922-31 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we discuss the possibilities for high sensitivity SERS sensing using these stimulated Raman spectroscopies. ..
- Lindgren A, Stroh E, Jakobsson K. Ever dispense of prescribed allergy medication in children growing up close to traffic: a registry-based birth cohort. BMC Public Health. 2015;15:1023 pubmed publisher..However, children with dispense of prescribed allergy medication may be a selected subgroup, and the results for this group may not be generalizable to all children with allergy. ..
- Ding G, Chen H. Adoptive transfer of T cells transduced with a chimeric antigen receptor to treat relapsed or refractory acute leukemia: efficacy and feasibility of immunotherapy approaches. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:673-7 pubmed publisher..In this review, we aimed to highlight the current understanding of this promising treatment modality, discussing its adverse effects and efficacy. ..
- Cheng Z, Wei R, Ma Q, Shi L, He F, Shi Z, et al. In Vivo Expansion and Antitumor Activity of Coinfused CD28- and 4-1BB-Engineered CAR-T Cells in Patients with B Cell Leukemia. Mol Ther. 2018;26:976-985 pubmed publisher..These results confirm a feasible method of comparing different CAR designs within individual patients, potentially offering objective insights that may facilitate the development of optimal CAR-T cell-based immunotherapies. ..
- Schutsky K, Song D, Lynn R, Smith J, Poussin M, Figini M, et al. Rigorous optimization and validation of potent RNA CAR T cell therapy for the treatment of common epithelial cancers expressing folate receptor. Oncotarget. 2015;6:28911-28 pubmed publisher..These results advocate for rapid progression of C4opt-27z RNA CAR to the clinic and establish a new paradigm for preclinical optimization and validation of RNA CAR candidates destined for clinical translation. ..
- Kwon N, Brog J, Maharajan S, Crochet A, Fromm K. Nanomaterials Meet Li-ion Batteries. Chimia (Aarau). 2015;69:734-6 pubmed publisher..This contribution gives an overview over our current activities in the field of batteries. After an introduction on the nano-materials of LiCoO(2) and LiMnPO(4), the studies of our cathode composition and preparation will be presented. ..
- Sarin S, Choudhury A. Acute-on-chronic Liver Failure. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2016;18:61 pubmed..e., liver transplant or bridging therapy, and needs serious consideration. Augmentation of regeneration, cell-based therapy, immunotherapy, and gut microbiota modulation are the emerging areas and need further research. ..
- Johnson L, Scholler J, Ohkuri T, Kosaka A, Patel P, McGettigan S, et al. Rational development and characterization of humanized anti-EGFR variant III chimeric antigen receptor T cells for glioblastoma. Sci Transl Med. 2015;7:275ra22 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we have designed a phase 1 clinical study of CAR T cells transduced with humanized scFv directed to EGFRvIII in patients with either residual or recurrent glioblastoma (NCT02209376). ..
- Moura C, Tare R, Oreffo R, Mahajan S. Raman spectroscopy and coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering imaging: prospective tools for monitoring skeletal cells and skeletal regeneration. J R Soc Interface. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..Here we review the applications of Raman spectroscopy and CARS imaging in stem-cell research, and discuss the potential of these two techniques for evaluating SSCs, skeletal tissues and skeletal regeneration as an exemplar. ..
- Decker S, Otte D, Cruz D, Müller C, Omar M, Krettek C, et al. Injury severity of pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists resulting from crashes with reversing cars. Accid Anal Prev. 2016;94:46-51 pubmed publisher..Most injuries resulting from these collisions are not serious, however pedestrians are at greatest risk of severe injury to any body region. The lower extremities suffer the most serious and frequent injuries within this cohort. ..
- Beanland V, Filtness A, Jeans R. Change detection in urban and rural driving scenes: Effects of target type and safety relevance on change blindness. Accid Anal Prev. 2017;100:111-122 pubmed publisher..g., traffic lights vs. road signs), and for moving objects that pose greater danger (e.g., wild animals vs. pedestrians). ..
- Jaiprakash -, Habib G. Chemical and optical properties of PM2.5 from on-road operation of light duty vehicles in Delhi city. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:900-916 pubmed publisher..5 for 4W of diesel, gasoline, and CNG respectively. This study indicates that aerosol emissions from on-road vehicles show a strong dependency on vehicle maintenance, engine type and after-treatment techniques. ..
- Basri K, Hussain M, Bakar J, Sharif Z, Khir M, Zoolfakar A. Classification and quantification of palm oil adulteration via portable NIR spectroscopy. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2017;173:335-342 pubmed publisher..Based on the result of classification and quantification analysis, the transmission mode has yield better prediction model compared to the transflectance mode to distinguish the pure and adulterated palm oil. ..
- Westman J, Friman M, Olsson L. What Drives Them to Drive?-Parents' Reasons for Choosing the Car to Take Their Children to School. Front Psychol. 2017;8:1970 pubmed publisher..An increased knowledge of what motivates the decision to take children by car is important for effective policies aimed at changing parents' inclination toward choosing the car...
- Nanbakhsh A, Best B, Riese M, Rao S, Wang L, Medin J, et al. Dextran Enhances the Lentiviral Transduction Efficiency of Murine and Human Primary NK Cells. J Vis Exp. 2018;: pubmed publisher..This highly reproducible transduction methodology provides a competent tool for transducing human primary NK cells, which can vastly improve clinical gene delivery applications and thus NK cell-based cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Bradley J, Pope I, Masia F, Sanusi R, Langbein W, Swann K, et al. Quantitative imaging of lipids in live mouse oocytes and early embryos using CARS microscopy. Development. 2016;143:2238-47 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CARS microscopy provides a novel non-invasive method of quantifying lipid content, type and spatial distribution with sub-micron resolution in living mammalian oocytes and embryos. ..
- Posey A, Clausen H, June C. Distinguishing Truncated and Normal MUC1 Glycoform Targeting from Tn-MUC1-Specific CAR T Cells: Specificity Is the Key to Safety. Immunity. 2016;45:947-948 pubmed publisher..2013; Morgan et al., 2010). We recently found that a CAR composed of a scFv antibody fragment specific for the Tn-glycoform of MUC1 had potent activity in preclinical models of blood cancer and adenocarcinoma (Posey et al., 2016). ..
- NiÈ›Äƒ M, Badiu D, Onose D, Gavrilidis A, GrÄƒdinaru S, NÄƒstase I, et al. Using local knowledge and sustainable transport to promote a greener city: The case of Bucharest, Romania. Environ Res. 2018;160:331-338 pubmed publisher..To develop a functional and integrated bicycle lane network that can make cities healthier and more sustainable, policy makers are advised to engage in a public participatory process and focus on the needs of bicycle users. ..
- Duwe A, Tippkötter N, Ulber R. Lignocellulose-Biorefinery: Ethanol-Focused. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Ethanol can be considered as the primary renewable liquid fuel. In this chapter enzymes, micro-organisms, and processes for ethanol production based on renewable resources are described...
- Kimura H, Kuramoto A, Inui Y, Inou N. Mechanical Bed for Investigating Sleep-Inducing Vibration. J Healthc Eng. 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the average latency with insensible vibration (amplitude?=?2.4?mm) was shorter than that with sensible vibration (amplitude?=?7.5?mm). These results suggest the ability of appropriate vibration to induce sleep...
- Neff Mallon N, Wright J. Multidimensional Spectral Fingerprints of a New Family of Coherent Analytical Spectroscopies. Anal Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Just as FTIR, UV-VIS, Raman, and Resonance Raman are complimentary methods, so also are TRSF and DOVE methods complementary to coherent Raman methods such as Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Spectroscopy (CARS)...
- Stilgoe J. Machine learning, social learning and the governance of self-driving cars. Soc Stud Sci. 2017;:306312717741687 pubmed publisher..Governing these technologies in the public interest means improving social learning by constructively engaging with the contingencies of machine learning...
- Angelino A, Knudsen P, Leth P. Unusual accidental decapitation in a road traffic incident. Forensic Sci Med Pathol. 2018;14:117-119 pubmed publisher..Due to a thorough medico-legal investigation of the body and the involved vehicle, we were able to reconstruct the unique dynamics of the accident and the mechanism of injury. ..
- Quintana P, Khalighi M, Castillo Quiñones J, Patel Z, Guerrero Garcia J, Martinez Vergara P, et al. Traffic pollutants measured inside vehicles waiting in line at a major US-Mexico Port of Entry. Sci Total Environ. 2018;622-623:236-243 pubmed publisher..Reducing border wait time can significantly reduce in-vehicle exposures to toxic air pollutants such as UFP and BC, and these preventable exposures can be considered an environmental justice issue. ..
- Fyhri A, Sundfør H, Bjørnskau T, Laureshyn A. Safety in numbers for cyclists-conclusions from a multidisciplinary study of seasonal change in interplay and conflicts. Accid Anal Prev. 2017;105:124-133 pubmed publisher..Thus car drivers and pedestrians also report to find themselves being surprised by cyclists in traffic late in the season. ..
- Sela O. Introduction: Paving the Old-New Way from Qing to China. Sci Context. 2017;30:213-217 pubmed publisher..The Movement's rhetoric in particular advanced the need for the triumph of the new, and journals, such as New People, New Tide, or New Youth (, , ) served as media for extending such views. ..
- Kochenderfer J, Somerville R, Lu T, Yang J, Sherry R, Feldman S, et al. Long-Duration Complete Remissions of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma after Anti-CD19 Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Therapy. Mol Ther. 2017;25:2245-2253 pubmed publisher..Only one hospitalization for an infection occurred among the four patients with long-term CRs. Anti-CD19 CAR T cells caused long-term remissions of chemotherapy-refractory DLBCL without substantial chronic toxicities. ..
- Lee B, Joo K, Choi E, Jahng J, Kim H, Kim E. Evans blue dye-enhanced imaging of the brain microvessels using spectral focusing coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185519 pubmed publisher..The improved visualization of brain microvessels with EB enhanced the sensitivity of SF-CARS, detecting not only the blood vessels themselves but their integrity as well in the brain vasculature...
- Ali A, Kitchen S, Chen I, Ng H, Zack J, Yang O. HIV-1-Specific Chimeric Antigen Receptors Based on Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies. J Virol. 2016;90:6999-7006 pubmed publisher..Here we construct and test a panel of seven novel CARs based on diverse BNAb types and show that all these CARs are functional against HIV-1. ..