Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CELA3A
Description: chymotrypsin like elastase family member 3A
Alias: ELA3, ELA3A, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 3A, elastase 1, elastase 3A, pancreatic, elastase IIIA, elastase-3A, protease E
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Reappraisal of a method of reconstruction after pancreatoduodenectomyN J Lygidakis
Department of Surgical Oncology, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1077-82. 2005..The present study is designed to substantiate the claims of various advantages of this method of PD and reconstruction and to explain the rationale behind this method...
- Inhibition of endosome-lysosome system acidification enhances porcine circovirus 2 infection of porcine epithelial cellsGerald Misinzo
Laboratory of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Virol 82:1128-35. 2008..These results suggest that serine protease-mediated PCV2 disassembly is enhanced in porcine epithelial cells but inhibited in monocytic cells after inhibition of endosome-lysosome system acidification...
- [Biochemical diagnostics in acute pancreatitis recognition and outcome predicition]Paweł Olczyk
Katedra i Zakład Chemii Klinicznej i Diagnostyki Laboratoryjnej, Slaska Akademia Medyczna, Sosnowiec
Przegl Lek 61:1420-7. 2004..All these newly introduced biochemical methods allow to look optimistically into the future of laboratory diagnostics of the acute pancreatitis believing that the problem of diagnosing and predicting the AP severity will be solved...
- Markers for trans-Golgi membranes and the intermediate compartment localize to induced membranes with distinct replication functions in flavivirus-infected cellsJ M MacKenzie
Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Brisbane, Australia 4029
J Virol 73:9555-67. 1999..This is the first report identifying trans-Golgi membranes and the intermediate compartment as the apparent sources of the flavivirus-induced membranes involved in events of replication...
- Efficacy of oral pancreatic enzyme therapy for the treatment of fat malabsorption in HIV-infected patientsA Carroccio
Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Palermo, via Coffaro 25, 90124 Palermo, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1619-25. 2001..Nutrient malabsorption is a negative prognostic factor in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and recent studies have shown that pancreatic insufficiency is a codetermining factor of malabsorption...
- Pancreatin therapy in patients with insulin-treated diabetes mellitus and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations. Results of a prospective multi-centre trialNils Ewald
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:386-91. 2007Recently, high prevalence of exocrine dysfunction in diabetic populations has been reported. Patients with fecal elastase 1 concentration (FEC) <100 microg/g have also been demonstrated to suffer from steatorrhea in about 60% of cases, ..
- Does an association exist between chronic pancreatitis and liver cirrhosis in alcoholic subjects?Luis Aparisi
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Avda Blasco Ibanez 17, Valencia 46010, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 14:6171-9. 2008..To study the possible association between chronic pancreatitis (CP) and liver cirrhosis (LC) of alcoholic etiology, after excluding any other causes...
- Exocrine pancreatic function in biliary tract pathology treated with the endoscopic methodsJ Wasielica-Berger
Department of Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 52:222-7. 2007..The objective was to assess pancreatic exocrine function in biliary tract pathology (cholelithiasis, strictures) before and after endoscopic treatment...
- Association between steatorrhea, growth, and immunologic status in children with perinatally acquired HIV infectionT A Sentongo
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children s Memorial Medical Center, 2300 Children s Plaza No 65, Chicago, IL 60614
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:149-53. 2001..To examine the prevalence of steatorrhea and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and their association with growth and immune status variables in children with perinatally acquired human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Faecal elastase 1: a marker of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in cystic fibrosisI J Phillips
Department of Chemical Pathology NHS, Southampton General Hospital, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 36:739-42. 1999Pancreatic elastase 1 (E1), a digestive protease, is synthesized by the acinar cells of the pancreas. Using an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, we evaluated stool E1 levels in the following groups of patients...
- Fecal elastase-1 is decreased in villous atrophy regardless of the underlying diseaseJ Walkowiak
Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Clin Invest 31:425-30. 2001..E1 levels in other malabsorption conditions are unknown. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to evaluate E1 concentrations in various malabsorption syndromes...
- Comparing the urinary pancreolauryl ratio and faecal elastase-1 as indicators of pancreatic insufficiency in clinical practiceD A Elphick
Department of Gastroenterology, Barnsley District General Hospital, Barnsley, UK
Pancreatology 5:196-200. 2005..Both tests have previously been validated against 'gold standard' tests of pancreatic function, but their use in a clinical setting has never been directly compared...
- Immunocytochemical localization of elastase 1 in human pancreasH Zhou
Pathologisches Institut, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 103:103-9. 1995By light and electron microscopic immunocytochemistry the distribution is described of human pancreatic elastase 1 (E1) during ontogenesis, in adults, in cases of acute and chronic pancreatitis, acute pancreatic ischaemia as well as ..
- Exocrine pancreatic function during the early recovery phase of acute pancreatitisRaffaele Pezzilli
Department of Digestive Diseases and Internal Medicine, University of Bologna, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:316-9. 2009..This study aimed to prospectively assess the exocrine pancreatic function in patients with acute pancreatitis at the time of their refeeding...
- Exocrine pancreatic function in patients with end-stage renal diseaseJ Griesche-Philippi
Practice for Nephrology and Dialysis, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Nephrol 74:457-64. 2010..Our goal was therefore not only to establish the frequency but also the severity of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in hemodialysis patients...
- Further studies on the human pancreatic binary complexes involving procarboxypeptidase AM Moulard
Centre de Biochimie et de Biologie Moleculaire du CNRS, Marseille, France
FEBS Lett 261:179-83. 1990..previously reported, two of these complexes associated procarboxypeptidase A to either a glycosylated truncated protease E or zymogen E...
- Identification of a procarboxypeptidase A-truncated protease E binary complex in human pancreatic juiceM Moulard
Centre de Biochimie et de Biologie Moleculaire du CNRS, Marseille, France
FEBS Lett 250:166-70. 1989..N-terminal sequence analysis revealed a complete homology between this protein and human protease E (HPE 1), except for the two strongly hydrophobic N-terminal residues (Val-Val) which are missing in G32...
- Crystal structure of bovine procarboxypeptidase A-S6 subunit III, a highly structured truncated zymogen ED Pignol
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et de Cristallogénès des Protéines, Institut de Biologie Structurale, Grenoble, France
EMBO J 13:1763-71. 1994..Comparisons with the structures of porcine elastase 1 and chymotrypsinogen A indicate that the specific binding pocket of subunit III adopts a zymogen-like ..
- Evaluation of a fecal pancreatic elastase-1 enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay: Assessment versus an established assay and implication in classifying pancreatic functionJ Alan Erickson
ARUP Laboratories, ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Clin Chim Acta 397:87-91. 2008..Disagreement continues regarding 2 fecal pancreatic elastase-1 (PE-1) ELISAs and their respective capabilities to assess pancreatic function...
- Primary structure of human pancreatic elastase 2 determined by sequence analysis of the cloned mRNAT S Fletcher
Biochemistry Research Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Martinez, California 94553
Biochemistry 26:7256-61. 1987..bounded by Gly-216 and Ser-226, making this pocket intermediate in size between chymotrypsins and elastase 1 or protease E, consistent with the substrate specificity of elastase 2 for long-chain aliphatic or aromatic amino acids...
- [Comparison of faecal lipase test and faecal elastase-1 test in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis]Jaroslaw Walkowiak
Klinika Gastroenterologii Dzieciecej i Chorób Metabolicznych, Instytut Pediatrii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Szpitalna 27 33, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 7:149-55. 2003..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to compare the sensitivity and the specificity of faecal lipase test to the faecal elastase-1 test in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic function...
- Diagnostic value of pancreatic elastase-1 in human acute pancreatitisUrszula Wereszczynska-Siemiatkowska
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical University, Białystok, Poland
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 51:195-200. 2003..We suggest that pEla-1 has little diagnostic value and does not provide additional information to that of the less expensive and more widely available serum amylase and lipase...
- Autolysis of proproteinase E in bovine procarboxypeptidase A ternary complex gives rise to subunit IIIR Pascual
Departament de Bioquimica Fac Ciències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
FEBS Lett 277:37-41. 1990..We conclude that subunit III (also called truncated protease E) is an autolytic product of proproteinase E and not an ab initio component of the native ternary complex.
- Characterization of two glycoproteins of human pancreatic juice: P35, a truncated protease E and P19, precursor of protein XO Guy-Crotte
Groupe de Recherche sur les Glandes Exocrines, Marseille, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 156:318-22. 1988..Its N-terminal amino acid sequence covering 33 residues revealed a strong homology with human protease E without the dipeptide Val-Val. Is P35 a protein homologous to the subunit III of bovine procarboxypeptidase A?
- Isolation and expression in Escherichia coli of a cDNA clone encoding porcine pancreatic elastaseY Shirasu
J Biochem 99:1707-12. 1986We have cloned a DNA that is complementary to the messenger RNA that encodes porcine pancreatic elastase 1 from pancreas using rat pancreatic elastase 1 cDNA as a probe...
- Evaluation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 as a measure of pancreatic exocrine function in children with cystic fibrosisA Cade
Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 29:172-6. 2000..The low values in the first 2 weeks in some normal and premature infants, and the persisting normal values in PS infants, make the fecal EL-1 test unsuitable for neonatal CF screening...
- Low faecal elastase 1 concentrations in type 2 diabetes mellitusW Rathmann
Dept of Biometrics and Epidemiology, Diabetes Research Institute at Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1056-61. 2001..The availability of faecal elastase 1 as a non-invasive test has aided the detection of impaired exocrine function in population studies...
- Low levels of pancreatic elastase 1 in stools of preterm infantsF Campeotto
Service de Neonatologie, Hôf pital Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, 82 avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 86:F198-9. 2002The amount of faecal pancreatic enzyme elastase 1 was significantly lower in 42 preterm newborns than in 12 full term babies at day 2 (89 (3-539) v 354 (52-600) microg/g, p<0...
- A prospective, comparative study of the para-aminobenzoic acid test and faecal elastase 1 in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic functionS A Sonwalkar
Department of Medicine and Gastroenterology, York Hospital, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:467-71. 2003..Measurement of faecal elastase 1 by enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assay is a simple, non-invasive, robust test for exocrine pancreatic ..
- Fecal elastase-1 concentration: an indirect test of exocrine pancreatic function and a marker of an enteropathy regardless of causeSanda Nousia-Arvanitakis
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:314-5. 2003
- Limitations of faecal elastase-1 and chymotrypsin as tests of exocrine pancreatic disease in adultsW G Brydon
Departments of Clinical Chemistry and Gastroenterology, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 41:78-81. 2004..The faecal enzymes elastase and chymotrypsin are a relatively inexpensive non-invasive means of investigating causes of malabsorption. However, such tests may be affected by enzyme degradation or faecal dilution...
- Now that fecal elastase is available in the United States, should clinicians start using it?Paul G Lankisch
Clinic of Internal Medicine, Municipal Clinic of Lueneburg, Boegelstrasse 1, D 21339 Lueneburg, Germany
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 6:126-31. 2004..The test cannot be used in non-formed stool (ie, diarrhea) unless the stool is lyophilized. All in all, this new test does not seem to be the gold standard for pancreatic function that we have been waiting for...
- Analysis of pancreatic elastase-1 concentrations in duodenal aspirates from healthy subjects and patients with chronic pancreatitisTyler Stevens
The Pancreas Clinic, Section of Endoscopy, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44118, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:1405-11. 2004Fecal pancreatic elastase 1 (PE-1) has been advocated as a noninvasive marker of pancreatic function and allows detection of moderate and severe exocrine insufficiency...
- Faecal pancreatic elastase--1 a non invasive measure of exocrine pancreatic functionS D Amanquah
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
West Afr J Med 23:240-4. 2004..Pancreatic elastase-1, is released into blood circulation during inflammation of the pancreas, but unlike most pancreatic enzymes it is stable during intestinal passage and not degraded...
- Early decline of pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis patients with class 1 or 2 CFTR mutationsJaroslaw Walkowiak
Institute of Pediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 40:199-201. 2005..We assessed the decline of pancreatic function in CF infants carrying class 1 or 2 CFTR mutations who were diagnosed in a neonatal screening program...
- Serum elastase in the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis: a prospective studyRobert B Wilson
Department of Surgery, Bankstown Lidcombe Hospital, Bankstown, Australia
ANZ J Surg 75:152-6. 2005The aim of the present study was to evaluate the usefulness of the elastase 1 (E1) enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) in the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis. This is the first Australian evaluation of the E1 ELISA.
- Differential renal gene expression in prehypertensive and hypertensive spontaneously hypertensive ratsJ M Seubert
Division of Intramural Research, National Center for Toxicogenomics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F552-61. 2005..Conversely, elastase 1 (Ela1) was found to be the predominant gene downregulated in SHR at both time points...
- Fecal elastase 1, serum amylase and lipase levels in children with cholestasisWan Hsin Wen
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Pancreatology 5:432-7. 2005..The aim of the study was to evaluate the exocrine pancreatic function and common pancreatic function tests in children with cholestatic disorders...
- Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjects: response to Cavalot et alBruno Mueller
Diabetes Care 28:2809-10. 2005
- Investigation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 levels in type 2 diabetic patientsArzu Yilmaztepe
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Uludag University, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 16:75-80. 2005..Taking this possibility into account, we aimed to investigate the exocrine function of the pancreas in 32 diabetic patients and in 12 healthy control subjects in this study...
- Pancreatic cancer pain and its correlation with changes in tumor vasculature, macrophage infiltration, neuronal innervation, body weight and disease progressionTheodore H Lindsay
Neurosystems Center, 18 208 Moos Tower, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pain 119:233-46. 2005..Defining the mechanisms that mask this pain in early and mid-stage disease and drive the pain in late-stage disease may aid in earlier diagnosis, survival, and increased quality of life of patients with pancreatic cancer...
- Correlation of MRCP quantification (MRCPQ) with conventional non-invasive pancreatic exocrine function testsAlice Gillams
Medical Imaging, University College London Medical School and Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
Abdom Imaging 33:469-73. 2008To correlate MRCP quantification (MRCPQ) of pancreatic fluid output following secretin with steatorrhoea, urinary pancreo-lauryl (PL) or fecal elastase 1 (FE1) tests.
- Validation of fecal elastase-1 determination using immunoenzymatic assay in HIV-infected patientsClaudia Giorgia Bronzatti de Oliveira
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Lab Anal 22:286-90. 2008..424). This test is useful to diagnose pathologies related to pancreatic insufficiency...
- Usefulness of a 13C-labeled mixed triglyceride breath test for assessing pancreatic exocrine function after pancreatic surgeryHiroyuki Nakamura
Department of Surgery, Division of Clinical Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Surgery 145:168-75. 2009..We evaluated the usefulness of a (13)C-labeled mixed triglyceride breath test for assessing pancreatic exocrine function after pancreatic surgery...
- Comparison of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, endoscopic ultrasonography, and fecal elastase 1 in chronic pancreatitis and clinical correlationOguz Uskudar
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara Diskapi Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pancreas 38:503-6. 2009..the use of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS), and fecal elastase 1 in patients with chronic pancreatitis and searched for correlation with symptoms, clinical findings, and ..
- Inhibitors of the hepatitis C virus NS3 protease with basic amine functionality at the P3-amino acid N-terminus: discovery and optimization of a new series of P2-P4 macrocyclesSteven Harper
IRBM Merck Research Laboratories Rome, Via Pontina Km 30, 600, 00040 Pomezia, Rome, Italy
J Med Chem 52:4820-37. 2009..Optimization of this new class of P3-amine based inhibitors gave compounds such as 25 and 26 that combine excellent cell based activity with pharmacokinetic properties that are attractive for an antiviral targeting HCV...
- Mature acinar cells are refractory to carcinoma development by targeted activation of Ras oncogene in adult ratsHajime Tanaka
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:341-6. 2010..In marked contrast, injection of Ad-CAG-Cre resulted in pancreatic cancer development within 4 weeks. These results indicate that adult acinar cells are refractory to Ras oncogene activation and do not develop neoplasia in this model...
- Pancreatic acinar-specific overexpression of Reg2 gene offered no protection against either experimental diabetes or pancreatitis in miceBing Li
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G413-21. 2010..In contrast to INGAP or Reg3beta, exocrine overexpression of Reg2 offered no protection to the endocrine or exocrine pancreas, indicating clear subtype specificities of the Reg family of proteins...
- Use of monoclonal faecal elastase-1 concentration for pancreatic status assessment in cystic fibrosis patientsAndréa C S Gonzales
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcellos 2350, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 87:157-62. 2011..To assess the concentration of faecal elastase-1 (EL-1) in pediatric patients with cystic fibrosis with mutation DeltaF508...
- Specificity and sensitivity of serum canine pancreatic elastase-1 concentration in the diagnosis of pancreatitisCaroline S Mansfield
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia, Australia
J Vet Diagn Invest 23:691-7. 2011..Dogs with chronic pancreatitis tended to have lower serum cPE-1 concentration, suggesting decreased exocrine function...
- Fecal elastase-1 is useful in the detection of steatorrhea in patients with pancreatic diseases but not after pancreatic resectionLuigi Benini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Pancreatology 13:38-42. 2013....
- Nutritional status, fecal elastase-1, and 13C-labeled mixed triglyceride breath test in the long-term after pancreaticoduodenectomyCinara Knychala Muniz
From the Medical Nutrition Discipline, Department of Internal Medicine, Biliary Tract and Pancreas Group, Department of Surgery, and Division of General Internal and Geriatrics Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Ribeirao Preto Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pancreas 43:445-50. 2014..This study aimed to compare the body composition, dietary intake and serum levels of vitamins and minerals, and exocrine pancreatic function in patients late after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) and healthy subjects...
- Pancreatic remnant fateS Hac
Department of General Endocrine and Transplant Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 74:56-60. 2015..There was no correlation of pancreatic exo- or endocrine insufficiency with the volume of pancreatic remnant or the kind of surgery or anastomosis performed. ..
- Romanian guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiencyCristian Gheorghe
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 24:117-23. 2015..It is also indicated in patients with celiac disease, who have chronic diarrhea (in spite of gluten-free diet), and in patients with cystic fibrosis with proven EPI. ..
- Stretch regulates expression and binding of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 in the postnatal lungRashika Joshi
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Division of Developmental Biology, and Division of Pulmonary Biology, Department of Clinical Engineering, and Biomedical Research Internship for Minority Students Program, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA and Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
FASEB J 30:590-600. 2016..Our prior work demonstrated an association of chymotrypsin-like elastase 1 (Cela1) with lung elastin remodeling, and that strain triggered a near-instantaneous elastin-remodeling response...
- Gastroenterological endpoints in drug trials for cystic fibrosisFrank A J A Bodewes
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pediatr Pulmonol 51:S18-S22. 2016..Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016;51:S18-S22. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Proteomic Analysis of Outer Membrane Proteins from Salmonella Enteritidis Strains with Different Sensitivity to Human SerumBartłomiej Dudek
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Genetics and Microbiology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 11:e0164069. 2016..e. outer membrane protease E (PgtE) was present mainly in resistant strains, while sensitive strains possessed a high level of flagellar hook-..
- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in malnourished children and those with persistent diarrhoeaeAriani Dewi Widodo
Gastrohepatology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Harapan Kita Women and Children Hospital, Jakarta, Indonesia Email
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 25:S57-S61. 2016..This further aggravates persistent diarrhoea and malnutrition because of the low levels of digestive enzyme production. This study evaluated the exocrine function of the pancreas in children with persistent diarrhoea and malnutrition...
- Rabbit aneurysm model mediated by the application of elastaseKuri Sasaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 44:467-73, discussion 473-4. 2004..b>Elastase 1:2 solutions caused oozing in all animals, but subsequent rupture in only three of six animals...
- Fecal elastase-1: utility in pancreatic function in cystic fibrosisAmeet Daftary
Department of Pulmonary Medicine and Gastroenterology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Cyst Fibros 5:71-6. 2006..This review summarizes the data from studies reflecting the validity, limitation and advantages of fecal elastase-1 in assessing pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis patients...
- PIG7 promotes leukemia cell chemosensitivity via lysosomal membrane permeabilizationJiazhuo Liu
Department of Hematology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Oncotarget 7:4841-59. 2016..Once this process was beyond the limit of intrinsic antagonism, it induced programmed cell death cooperatively via caspase-independent and caspase-dependent pathways...
- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency: Comparing fecal elastase 1 with 72-h stool for fecal fat estimationSudipta Dhar Chowdhury
Division of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 632 004, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 35:441-444. 2016..However, the test is cumbersome for both patients and laboratory personnel alike. In this study, we aimed to assess fecal elastase 1 (FE1) as an alternate to FFE for the diagnosis of PEI.
- Determinants of Serum Glycerophospholipid Fatty Acids in Cystic FibrosisSławomira Drzymała-Czyż
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Metabolic Diseases, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Szpitalna 27 33, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Sci 18:. 2017..They seem to be caused by both metabolic disturbances and independent clinical risk factors. Further research into the influence of CFTR mutations on fat metabolism and desaturases' activity is warranted...
- Contact system activation and high thrombin generation in hyperthyroidismNamhee Kim
N Kim, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea the Republic of
Eur J Endocrinol . 2017..Conclusion This study demonstrated that contact system activation and abundant NET formation occurred in the high thrombin generation state in hyperthyroidism and were correlated with free T4 level...
- A case of inferior vena cava thrombosis and pulmonary embolism secondary to acute exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis: a rare finding in radionuclide venographyHitoya Ohta
Department of Radiology, Osaka Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:147-9. 2002..These findings indicated that a pancreatic cyst had penetrated into the IVC, where it triggered the formation of a thrombus and caused a pulmonary embolism. Scintigraphic examination was useful for the evaluation of this rare condition...
- [Fecal elastase-1 determination in the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitis]J Martinez
Sección de Gastroenterología, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Servicio de Laboratorio, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:377-82. 2002..However, when the disease is in the early stages, its sensitivity is no greater than that of other indirect tests. The greatest advantage of this test is its high specificity...
- Vitamin D3 in patients with various grades of chronic pancreatitis, according to morphological and functional criteria of the pancreasS T W Mann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic III and Polyclinic of the Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 48:533-8. 2003..Serum levels of D3 vitamins, 1,25-(OH)2-vitamin D3 and 25-(OH)-vitamin D3, as well as the concentration of fecal elastase 1 were determined in patients and controls...
- Preoperative stratification of pancreas-related morbidity after the Whipple procedureAntanas Gulbinas
Department of Surgery, Kaunas Medical University, Kaunas, Lithuania
Int Surg 89:39-45. 2004..Preoperative evaluation of exocrine function allows detection of patients with minimal risk for pancreas-related morbidity...
- [Recent advances in biochemical diagnosis and assessment of severity in acute pancreatitis]Seiki Kiriyama
Department of Gastroenterology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 62:2035-9. 2004..Increasing knowledge of the inflammatory process in AP has led to possibly useful biochemical indicators of severity, such as cytokines, nonpancreatic synovial type group II PLA2 or granulocyte elastase...
- Evaluating the role of serum elastase 1 in the diagnosis of pancreatic cancerDong Wu
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Chin J Dig Dis 7:117-20. 2006To determine the normal value of serum elastase 1 in Chinese adults and evaluate its diagnostic value for pancreatic cancer.
- Unresponsive or non-compliant steatorrhea in cystic fibrosis?Aleksandra Lisowska
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Szpitalna 27 33, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
J Cyst Fibros 5:253-5. 2006..Eight unresponsive subjects were checked for PET compliance with fecal chymotrypsin assay. Three patients were documented to be non-compliant. Unresponsive patients should undergo evaluation for PET compliance...
- Determinants of chymotrypsin C cleavage specificity in the calcium-binding loop of human cationic trypsinogenAndras Szabo
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
FEBS J 279:4283-92. 2012..CTRC is highly specific, and other human pancreatic chymotrypsins (CTRB1, CTRB2 and CTRL1) and elastases (ELA2A, ELA3A and ELA3B) do not catalyze this reaction...
- Quantification of pancreatic exocrine function of chronic pancreatitis with secretin-enhanced MRCPYun Bian
Yun Bian, Li Wang, Chao Chen, Jian Ping Lu, Jia Bao Fan, Shi Yue Chen, Bing Hui Zhao, Department of Radiology, Changhai Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:7177-82. 2013....
- Chromosomal assignments of human genes for serine proteases trypsin, chymotrypsin B, and elastaseN K Honey
Somat Cell Mol Genet 10:369-76. 1984..TRY1 was assigned to human chromosome 7q22----qter, CTRB to chromosome 16, and ELA1 to chromosome 12. Although the three genes are members of the same gene family, they are dispersed over different chromosomes...
- Prt-4 and Prt-5: new constituents of a gene cluster on chromosome 7 coding for esterproteases in the submandibular gland of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 19:431-44. 1981..for two different enzymes with esterproteolytic activity from mouse submandibular gland: protease A and protease E. Based upon strain distribution and biochemical properties of the two esterproteases, the existence of two ..
- Fecal elastase-1 determination: 'gold standard' of indirect pancreatic function tests?S Luth
Dept of Medicine II Gastroenterology Hepatology, University Hospital of Heidelberg at Mannheim, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1092-9. 2001..The aim of our study was to re-evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of elastase-1 and chymotrypsin in stool in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...
- [Fecal elastase-1 test: clinical evaluation of a new noninvasive pancreatic function test]Masahiro Takeda
Central Clinical Laboratories, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 8666
Rinsho Byori 50:893-8. 2002..We evaluated clinical significance of fecal elastase-1(FE-1) in patients with pancreatic diseases and pancreatic dysfunction, in comparison with other tubeless test and secretin test...
- Display and release of the Plasmodium falciparum circumsporozoite protein using the autotransporter MisL of Salmonella entericaPatricia Ruiz-Olvera
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Inmunología e Infectología, Hospital de Infectología Dr Daniel Méndez Hernández, Centro Medico La Raza, IMSS, D F, Mexico
Plasmid 50:12-27. 2003..These results demonstrate that MisL may be used for the autodisplay and release of passenger proteins in attenuated Salmonella or E. coli strains, which may have several applications in vaccine design...
- High prevalence of steatorrhea in 101 diabetic patients likely to suffer from exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations: a prospective multicenter studyPhilip D Hardt
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 48:1688-92. 2003..fat excretion in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus and exocrine dysfunction according to fecal elastase 1 concentrations <100 microg/g was investigated...
- Screening for pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in patients with diabetes mellitusAmadeu C R Nunes
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Coimbra, Avenida Urbano Duarte, Quinta da Estrela, Lote 7, 6o B, Coimbra, Portugal
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2672-5. 2003Fecal elastase 1 (E1) is a relatively sensitive and specific indirect test of pancreatic exocrine function...
- Evaluation of serum values of pancreatic enzymes after endoscopic retrograde pancreatography in dogsThomas Spillmann
Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine at the Medical and Forensic Veterinary Clinic I, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Frankfurter Strasse 126, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Am J Vet Res 65:616-9. 2004..pancreatography (ERP) in dogs by performing repeated clinical examinations and laboratory analyses of serum amylase, lipase, canine trypsin-like immunoreactivity (cTLI), and canine pancreatic elastase 1 (cE1) after the procedure.
- Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjectsFranco Cavalot
University of Turin, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Diabetes Unit, 10043 Orbassano TO, Turin, Italy
Diabetes Care 27:2052-4. 2004
- A new fecal elastase 1 test using polyclonal antibodies for the detection of exocrine pancreatic insufficiencyJan Uwe Hahn
Pancreas 30:189-91. 2005
- Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjects: response to Mueller et alFranco Cavalot
Diabetes Care 28:2810-1. 2005
- [The role of fecal elastase-1 in pancreatic diseases]Xiao Ou Yang
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 45:285-8. 2006....
- Comparison of fecal elastase-1 and pancreatic function testing in childrenPrateek D Wali
Department of Pediatrics, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 54:277-80. 2012..We aimed to evaluate the performance of the FE-1 test compared with the direct pancreatic function test (PFT) with secretin stimulation in children...
- Pancreatic exocrine function in patients with diabetesE Larger
Laboratoire de Coprologie, Hôtpital de la Pitié Salpétrière, APHP, Paris, France
Diabet Med 29:1047-54. 2012..Decreased function of the exocrine pancreas is frequent in patients with diabetes. Our aim was to investigate clinical correlates of pancreatic exocrine failure in patients with diabetes...
- Protracted maturation of pancreatic-specific elastase 1 excretion in preterm infants of extremely low gestational ageAnnette Münch
Department of Neonatology, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:532-6. 2013..The aim of the present study was to better understand the exocrine pancreatic function of extremely preterm infants...
- Ecdysone-dependent proteolysis of an apical surface glycoprotein may play a role in imaginal disc morphogenesis in DrosophilaC A Birr
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Development 110:239-48. 1990..We discuss the possibility that gp125 is generated through the action of a hormonally controlled serine protease in a process that is necessary for disc morphogenesis...
- Significance of increased serum elastase 1 level during the hyperosmolar hyperglycemic non-ketotic syndromeS Umeki
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 34:212-4. 1987An alteration in the serum elastase 1 level in a previously non-diabetic patient, who unfortunately developed the hyperosmolar hyperglycemic non-ketotic syndrome (HHNS), was observed after intravenous hyperalimentation for 6 days...
- Effects of elastase-induced emphysema on airway responsiveness to methacholine in ratsS Bellofiore
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 66:606-12. 1989..56 ml (+/- 0.08 ml) significantly reduced RL at 64 mg MCh/ml from 0.62 +/- 0.05 cmH2O.ml-1.s to 0.50 +/- 0.03, P less than 0.05.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Substitution of valine for glycine-558 in the congenital dysthrombin thrombin Quick II alters primary substrate specificityR A Henriksen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405
Biochemistry 28:2078-82. 1989..However, in porcine elastase 1, the corresponding residue is threonine...
- Identification of a cell-specific DNA-binding activity that interacts with a transcriptional activator of genes expressed in the acinar pancreasM Cockell
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Epalinges, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 9:2464-76. 1989..vitro binding assays that this DNA-binding activity also recognizes a sequence within the 5'-flanking regions of elastase 1, chymotrypsinogen B, carboxypeptidase A, and trypsind genes...
- Molecular cloning of complementary DNA for human medullasin: an inflammatory serine protease in bone marrow cellsK Okano
Basic Research Laboratories, Toray Industries, Inc, Kanagawa
J Biochem 102:13-6. 1987..The deduced amino acid sequence of medullasin shows a typical serine protease structure, with 41% homology with pig elastase 1.
- Noncatalytic protein component of elastase from horse leucocytes. A protein with regulatory functionJ Potempa
Institute of Molecular Biology, Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland
Int J Biochem 20:105-8. 1988..5) was separated from native horse leucocyte elastase 1. 2...
- Correlation between male fertility and acrosin-like protease activity in rats treated with Spartium junceumJ S Chen
Centro Studio Cellule Germinali del CNR, University of Siena, Italy
Zygote 1:309-13. 1993..The implications of this finding is discussed although the exact molecular basis of the phenomenon is uncertain...
- Pharmacological activities of TEI-8362, a novel inhibitor of human neutrophil elastaseH Mitsuhashi
Teijin Institute for Bio Medical Research, Hino, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 126:1147-52. 1999..t., i.v., or inhalant administration of TEI-8362. 5. These pharmacological actions of TEI-8362 suggest that this drug has therapeutic value in the treatment of destructive lung diseases due to neutrophils...
- Human elastase 1: evidence for expression in the skin and the identification of a frequent frameshift polymorphismU Talas
Center for Cutaneous Research, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 114:165-70. 2000Human pancreatic elastase 1 is a serine protease which maps to the chromosomal region 12q13 close to a locus for an autosomal dominant skin disease, diffuse nonepidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma, and was investigated as a possible ..
- Behaviour of serum pancreatic enzymes in chronic pancreatitisR Pezzilli
Emergency Department, Sant Orsola Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 32:233-7. 2000..To establish whether serum pancreatic enzyme determination is useful in the identification of patients with chronic pancreatitis and in revealing the presence of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency..
- Pancreatic function tests: when to choose, what to useW G Boeck
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 3:95-100. 2001..Nevertheless, all indirect tests are of limited value in patients with mild to moderate impairment of pancreatic function. In these patients, the secretin-caerulein test remains the gold standard...
- Fecal pancreatic elastase 1 in the work up of patients with chronic diarrheaG Masoero
Department of Gastroenterology, Mauriziano Hospital, Torino, Italy
Int J Pancreatol 28:175-9. 2000..Quantitative determination of pancreatic elastase-1 (E1) in stools has been proposed as a novel, noninvasive test of pancreatic function. The aim of the study was to verify its role in the differential diagnosis of chronic diarrhea...
- Miklos Sahin-Toth; Fiscal Year: 2016..In humans, there are five pancreatic elastase genes (ELA1, ELA2A, ELA2B, ELA3A, and ELA3B) which give rise to three functional elastases (ELA2A, ELA3A and ELA3B)...
- PANCEATIC ELASTASE/STRUCTURAL CONTROL OF ACTIVITYCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 1992..In the most recent funding period, we have cloned both of the major pancreatic elastase-like molecules: protease E and elastase 2. We have recently determined the complete nucleic acid sequence for each cDNA...