Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD5L
Description: CD5 molecule like
Alias: AIM, API6, CT-2, PRO229, SP-ALPHA, Spalpha, hAIM, CD5 antigen-like, CD5 antigen-like (scavenger receptor cysteine rich family), apoptosis inhibitor 6, apoptosis inhibitor expressed by macrophages, apoptosis inhibitor of macrophage, igM-associated peptide
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Li J, Shi J, Li P, Guo X, Wang T, Liu A. Genipin attenuates hyperoxia-induced lung injury and pulmonary hypertension via targeting glycogen synthase kinase-3 ? in neonatal rats. Nutrition. 2018;57:237-244 pubmed publisher..Genipin has been widely used for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. The aim of this study was to show that genipin decreased the expression of GSK-3 ? in lung tissues of hyperoxia-exposed rat ..
- Chansamouth V, Thammasack S, Phetsouvanh R, Keoluangkot V, Moore C, Blacksell S, et al. The Aetiologies and Impact of Fever in Pregnant Inpatients in Vientiane, Laos. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2016;10:e0004577 pubmed publisher..was conducted in Mahosot Hospital and the Mother and Child Hospital, Vientiane, between 2006 and 2010, with the aim to recruit 250 consenting pregnant women admitted with tympanic temperature ?37.5°C...
- Cuny P, Houot M, Ginisty S, Horowicz S, Plassart F, Mentec H, et al. [Quetiapine and anticholinergic drugs induced ischaemic colitis: A case study]. Encephale. 2017;43:81-84 pubmed publisherThe aim of this paper is to underline the need for systematic monitoring of patients treated with anticholinergic antipsychotic drugs...
- Jacometo C, Zhou Z, Luchini D, Trevisi E, Corrêa M, Loor J. Maternal rumen-protected methionine supplementation and its effect on blood and liver biomarkers of energy metabolism, inflammation, and oxidative stress in neonatal Holstein calves. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:6753-6763 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to investigate the effects of RPM during late pregnancy on blood biomarkers (23 targets) and the liver ..
- Yilmaz H, Tekelioglu B, Gurel A, Bamac O, Ozturk G, Cizmecigil U, et al. Frequency, clinicopathological features and phylogenetic analysis of feline morbillivirus in cats in Istanbul, Turkey. J Feline Med Surg. 2017;19:1206-1214 pubmed publisherObjectives The aim of the study was to investigate feline morbillivirus (FmoPV) frequency, phylogeny and associated pathology in cats in Istanbul, Turkey...
- Schwingshackl L, Hoffmann G, Buijsse B, Mittag T, Stelmach Mardas M, Boeing H, et al. Dietary supplements and risk of cause-specific death, cardiovascular disease, and cancer: a protocol for a systematic review and network meta-analysis of primary prevention trials. Syst Rev. 2015;4:34 pubmed publisher..We aim to evaluate the comparative safety and/or effectiveness of dietary supplements for the prevention of mortality (all-..
- Xiong Y, Chen H, Lin P, Wang A, Wang L, Jin Y. ATF6 knockdown decreases apoptosis, arrests the S phase of the cell cycle, and increases steroid hormone production in mouse granulosa cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;312:C341-C353 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the role of ATF6 in mouse granulosa cells with respect to apoptosis, the cell cycle, ..
- Jing Y, Cai D, Chen Q, Xiong Q, Hu T, Yao Y, et al. Liuwei Dihuang soft capsules attenuates endothelial cell apoptosis to prevent atherosclerosis through GPR30-mediated regulation in ovariectomized ApoE-deficient mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;208:185-198 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the preventive effects of LWDH intake on an animal model of female menopause AS and ..
- Dianat M, Radmanesh E, Badavi M, Mard S, Goudarzi G. Disturbance effects of PMâ‚â‚€ on iNOS and eNOS mRNA expression levels and antioxidant activity induced by ischemia-reperfusion injury in isolated rat heart: protective role of vanillic acid. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:5154-65 pubmed publisher..Air pollution increases the risk of death from cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of particulate matter (PM) on oxidative stress, the expression of ..
- Kiang J, Smith J, Anderson M, Elliott T, Gupta P, Balakathiresan N, et al. Hemorrhage enhances cytokine, complement component 3, and caspase-3, and regulates microRNAs associated with intestinal damage after whole-body gamma-irradiation in combined injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184393 pubmed publisher..In this study, our aim was to examine cytokine homeostasis, susceptibility to systemic bacterial infection, and intestinal injury...
- Nan X, Su S, Ma K, Ma X, Wang X, Zhaxi D, et al. Bioactive fraction of Rhodiola algida against chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension and its anti-proliferation mechanism in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2018;216:175-183 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of bioactive fraction from R...
- Sajid M, Khan M, Shah N, Shah S, Ismail H, Younis T, et al. Phytochemical, antioxidant and hepatoprotective effects of Alnus nitida bark in carbon tetrachloride challenged Sprague Dawley rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:268 pubmed publisher..nitida. The aim of this study was to explore the antioxidant and hepato-protective profile of A...
- Zhang H, Chen R, Sun G, Yang L, Zhu Y, Xu X, et al. Protective effects of total flavonoids from Clinopodium chinense (Benth.) O. Ktze on myocardial injury in vivo and in vitro via regulation of Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway. Phytomedicine. 2018;40:88-97 pubmed publisher..TFCC plays an important role in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. The aim of the study was to study the protective effects and possible mechanism of TFCC against isoproterenol (ISO)-..
- Beris F, Budak E, Gülek D, Uzun A, Cizmeci Z, Mengeloğlu F, et al. [Investigation of the frequency and distribution of beta-lactamase genes in the clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii collected from different regions of Turkey: a multicenter study]. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2016;50:511-521 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate the frequency of beta-lactamase genes in Acinetobacter baumannii strains isolated ..
- de Souza Grinevicius V, Kviecinski M, Santos Mota N, Ourique F, Porfirio Will Castro L, Andreguetti R, et al. Piper nigrum ethanolic extract rich in piperamides causes ROS overproduction, oxidative damage in DNA leading to cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in cancer cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;189:139-47 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current work was to evaluate the relationship between reactive oxygen species (ROS) overproduction, DNA ..
- Perugi G, Quaranta G, Belletti S, Casalini F, Mosti N, Toni C, et al. General medical conditions in 347 bipolar disorder patients: clinical correlates of metabolic and autoimmune-allergic diseases. J Affect Disord. 2015;170:95-103 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study is to explore the prevalence and clinical correlates of General Medical Conditions (GMC) in a ..
- Arauz J, Zarco N, HernÃ¡ndez Aquino E, Galicia Moreno M, Favari L, Segovia J, et al. Coffee consumption prevents fibrosis in a rat model that mimics secondary biliary cirrhosis in humans. Nutr Res. 2017;40:65-74 pubmed publisher..The major aim of this study was to evaluate the hepatoprotective properties of coffee and caffeine in a model of chronic bile ..
- Shi L, Feng L, Jiang W, Liu Y, Jiang J, Wu P, et al. Folic acid deficiency impairs the gill health status associated with the NF-ÎºB, MLCK and Nrf2 signaling pathways in the gills of young grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:289-301 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to investigate the effect of dietary folic acid on fish growth, the immune and barrier functions of fish gills, and the potential mechanisms of these effects...
- Guillem E, Arbabzadeh Bouchez S, Vorspan F, Bellivier F. [Comorbidity in 207 cannabis users in a specific outpatient setting]. Encephale. 2015;41 Suppl 1:S7-12 pubmed publisherHealth care seeking for a problematic use of cannabis is in progress in France. The aim is to assess the addictive and psychiatric comorbidity in cannabis users seen in the specific setting at the LariboisiÃ¨re hospital...
- Rauchova H, Vokurkova M, Pavelka S, Vaneckova I, Tribulova N, Soukup T. Red palm oil supplementation does not increase blood glucose or serum lipids levels in Wistar rats with different thyroid status. Physiol Res. 2018;67:307-315 pubmed..The aim of our study was to test whether 7 weeks of RPO supplementation (1 g/kg body weight/day) would affect blood glucose ..
- Sadasivuni M, Reddy B, Singh J, Anup M, Sunil V, Lakshmi M, et al. CNX-013-B2, a unique pan tissue acting rexinoid, modulates several nuclear receptors and controls multiple risk factors of the metabolic syndrome without risk of hypertriglyceridemia, hepatomegaly and body weight gain in animal models. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2014;6:83 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate CNX-013-B2, a potent and highly selective rexinoid, for its potential to treat ..
- Wang R, Wu G, Du L, Shao J, Liu F, Yang Z, et al. Semi-bionic extraction of compound turmeric protects against dextran sulfate sodium-induced acute enteritis in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;190:288-300 pubmed publisher..The aim of this work is to investigate the protective effects of semi-bionic extraction of compound turmeric (SET) on acute ..
- Baldacci S, Gorini F, Santoro M, Pierini A, Minichilli F, Bianchi F. Environmental and individual exposure and the risk of congenital anomalies: a review of recent epidemiological evidence. Epidemiol Prev. 2018;42:1-34 pubmed publisher..Pregnant women and the developing foetus are particularly sensitive to the effects of environmental exposure. The aim of the present working paper is to produce an updated review of the epidemiological evidence on the risk of CAs ..
- Di Ianni F, Dodi P, Cabassi C, Pelizzone I, Sala A, Cavirani S, et al. Conjunctival flora of clinically normal and diseased turtles and tortoises. BMC Vet Res. 2015;11:91 pubmed publisherIn captive breed turtles and tortoises conjunctival disease is common. Our aim was to investigate the bacterial and fungal flora present in the eyes of healthy and pathological chelonians and to compare findings in turtles with those in ..
- Rao P, Hasan S, Bhellum B, Manhas R. Ethnomedicinal plants of Kathua district, J&K, India. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;171:12-27 pubmed publisher..The present study was undertaken with an aim to document the ethnomedicinal plants of Kathua district...
- Feng B, Mao Z, Pang K, Zhang S, Li L. Association of tumor necrosis factor Î± -308G/A and interleukin-6 -174G/C gene polymorphism with pneumonia-induced sepsis. J Crit Care. 2015;30:920-3 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we aim to investigate the association of promoter-region polymorphisms IL-6 (-174G/C) rs1800795 and TNF-Î± (-308G/A) ..
- Shang M, Zhao J, Yang L, Lin L. Oxidative stress and antioxidant status in women with gestational diabetes mellitus diagnosed by IADPSG criteria. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;109:404-10 pubmed publisher..Our aim is to evaluate the oxidative stress in women diagnosed by the IADPSG criteria versus the American Diabetes ..
- Suliga E, KozieÅ‚ D, CieÅ›la E, GÅ‚uszek S. Association between dietary patterns and metabolic syndrome in individuals with normal weight: a cross-sectional study. Nutr J. 2015;14:55 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study is to determine which dietary patterns are present in individuals with a normal BMI and to find out ..
- Monternier P, Fongy A, Hervant F, Drai J, Collin Chavagnac D, Rouanet J, et al. Skeletal muscle phenotype affects fasting-induced mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation flexibility in cold-acclimated ducklings. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:2427-34 pubmed publisherStarvation is particularly challenging for endotherms that remain active in cold environments or during winter. The aim of this study was to determine whether fasting-induced mitochondrial coupling flexibility depends upon the phenotype ..
- Li J, Wang F, Xia Y, Dai W, Chen K, Li S, et al. Astaxanthin Pretreatment Attenuates Hepatic Ischemia Reperfusion-Induced Apoptosis and Autophagy via the ROS/MAPK Pathway in Mice. Mar Drugs. 2015;13:3368-87 pubmed publisherHepatic ischemia reperfusion (IR) is an important issue in complex liver resection and liver transplantation. The aim of the present study was to determine the protective effect of astaxanthin (ASX), an antioxidant, on hepatic IR injury ..
- Aboouf M, Hamdy N, Amin A, El Mesallamy H. Genotype screening of APLN rs3115757 variant in Egyptian women population reveals an association with obesity and insulin resistance. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;109:40-7 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to explore the sights of a potential association of this functional variant with obesity traits, ..
- Mehrdad R, Aghdaei S, Pouryaghoub G. Urinary 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage in employees of subway system. Acta Med Iran. 2015;53:287-92 pubmed..Therefore, urinary level of 8-OHdG can reflect the extent of oxidative DNA damage. The aim of this study was to document the oxidative stress caused by exposure to these hazards by measuring 8-OHdG in ..
- Becker M, Felsberger A, Frenzel A, Shattuck W, Dyer M, KÃ¼gler J, et al. Application of M13 phage display for identifying immunogenic proteins from tick (Ixodes scapularis) saliva. BMC Biotechnol. 2015;15:43 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to use an oligopeptide phage display strategy to identify immunogenic salivary gland proteins ..
- RanciÃ¨re F, Lyons J, Loh V, Botton J, Galloway T, Wang T, et al. Bisphenol A and the risk of cardiometabolic disorders: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the epidemiological evidence. Environ Health. 2015;14:46 pubmed publisherBisphenol A (BPA) is suspected to be associated with several chronic metabolic diseases. The aim of the present study was to review the epidemiological literature on the relation between BPA exposure and the risk of cardiometabolic ..
- Dlugaszewska J, Leszczynska M, Lenkowski M, Tatarska A, Pastusiak T, Szyfter W. The pathophysiological role of bacterial biofilms in chronic sinusitis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2016;273:1989-94 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the sinuses' microflora and biofilm formation on the sino-nasal mucosa in patients with ..
- da Silva C, Paim F, Wolkmer P, Abdalla F, Carvalho F, Palma H, et al. NTPDase and 5'-nucleotidase activities in synaptosomes of rabbits experimentally infected with BoHV-5. J Neurovirol. 2015;21:518-24 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to determinate the ectonucleotidase activity in cortical synaptosomes and synaptosomes from the ..
- Yang Y, Hou N, Wang X, Wang L, Chang S, He K, et al. miR-15b-5p induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma, both in vitro and in vivo, by suppressing Rab1A. Oncotarget. 2015;6:16227-38 pubmed..miR-15b levels are reported increased in HCC tissues; however, they negatively correlate to HCC recurrence. Our aim was to understand the reason for this phenomenon...
- Real de Asúa D, Quero M, Moldenhauer F, Suarez C. Clinical profile and main comorbidities of Spanish adults with Down syndrome. Eur J Intern Med. 2015;26:385-91 pubmed publisherThe life expectancy of adults with Down syndrome (DS) has significantly increased in the last decades. We aim to describe the main demographic and clinical characteristics of a cohort of adults with DS, and analyse their differences ..
- Tanji N, Kikugawa T, Ochi T, Taguchi S, Sato H, Sato T, et al. Circulating Cytokine Levels in Patients with Prostate Cancer: Effects of Neoadjuvant Hormonal Therapy and External-beam Radiotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3379-83 pubmedThe aim of the study was to better characterize the temporal induction of inflammatory cytokines in the serum of patients with prostate cancer (PCa) treated with radiotherapy and to ascertain the influence of hormonal therapy upon those ..
- Rao K, Aronshtam A, McElory Yaggy K, Bakondi B, VanBuren P, Sobel B, et al. Human epicardial cell-conditioned medium contains HGF/IgG complexes that phosphorylate RYK and protect against vascular injury. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:277-86 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to evaluate the paracrine activity of human epicardial-derived cells (hEPDCs) to screen for secreted vasoprotective factors and develop therapeutics to treat vascular reperfusion injury...
- Lumachi F, Mazza F, Del Conte A, Lo Re G, Ermani M, Chiara G, et al. Short-term Survival of Patients with Lung Metastases from Colorectal and Non-colorectal Cancer Who Underwent Pulmonary Metastasectomy. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3563-6 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to analyze whether the site of primitive tumor affects overall survival (OS) of patients ..
- Devetzoglou M, Vyzoukaki R, Kokonozaki M, Xekalou A, Pappa C, Papadopoulou A, et al. High density of tryptase-positive mast cells in patients with multiple myeloma: correlation with parameters of disease activity. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8491-7 pubmed publisher..Mast cells play an important role in inflammation and angiogenesis in malignant diseases. The aim of the study was to evaluate the mast cell density in bone marrow of untreated MM patients with markers of disease ..
- Xue M, Sun Z, Shao M, Yin J, Deng Z, Zhang J, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic utility of tissue factor for severe sepsis and sepsis-induced acute lung injury. J Transl Med. 2015;13:172 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to assess the diagnostic and prognostic values of TF and TFPI in patients with sepsis and sepsis-..
- Wigg J, Zhang H, Yang D. A Quantitative and Standardized Method for the Evaluation of Choroidal Neovascularization Using MICRON III Fluorescein Angiograms in Rats. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128418 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to establish a simple, quantifiable method of fluorescein fundus angiogram (FFA) image analysis ..
- Montagnaro S, De Martinis C, Sasso S, Ciarcia R, Damiano S, Auletta L, et al. Viral and Antibody Prevalence of Hepatitis E in European Wild Boars (Sus scrofa) and Hunters at Zoonotic Risk in the Latium Region. J Comp Pathol. 2015;153:1-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of HEV in wild boars and hunters exposed to infection in central ..
- Feragen K, Særvold T, Aukner R, Stock N. Speech, Language, and Reading in 10-Year-Olds With Cleft: Associations With Teasing, Satisfaction With Speech, and Psychological Adjustment. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2017;54:153-165 pubmed publisher..The aim was to investigate associations between speech, language, reading, and reports of teasing, subjective satisfaction ..
- Sung M, Zordoky B, Bujak A, Lally J, Fung D, Young M, et al. AMPK deficiency in cardiac muscle results in dilated cardiomyopathy in the absence of changes in energy metabolism. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:235-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the aim of this study was to determine whether a significant loss of AMPK activity alters cardiac function, metabolism, and ..
- Å»mijewski M, SokÃ³Å‚ ÅÄ™towska A, Pejcz E, OrzeÅ‚ D. Antioxidant activity of rye bread enriched with milled buckwheat groats fractions. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2015;66:115-21 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the influence of buckwheat products addition and baking process on the antioxidant ..
- Gruia M, Negoita V, Vasilescu M, Panait M, Gruia I, Velescu B, et al. Biochemical action of new complexes of ruthenium with quinolones as potential antitumor agents. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3371-8 pubmedThe aim of the present study paper was to identify the role of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in apoptosis signaling mechanisms...
- Villarreal TreviÃ±o C, VÃ¡squez G, LÃ³pez Sifuentes V, Escobedo Vargas K, Huayanay Repetto A, Linton Y, et al. Establishment of a free-mating, long-standing and highly productive laboratory colony of Anopheles darlingi from the Peruvian Amazon. Malar J. 2015;14:227 pubmed publisher..darlingi, with the aim of establish a free-mating, stable, and highly productive laboratory colony. Wild An...
- Gail H, Tarryn B, Oluwaseyi A, Denver D, Oluchi M, Charlotte V, et al. An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used by traditional health practitioners to manage HIV and its related opportunistic infections in Mpoza, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;171:109-15 pubmed publisherThe aim of the study was to identify and document plants traditionally used to manage HIV and treat its opportunistic infections (OIs) in Mpoza, a rural village located in the Mount Frere Alfred Nzo District, Eastern Cape Province, South ..
- Dimastrogiovanni G, Fernandes D, Bonastre M, Porte C. Progesterone is actively metabolized to 5Î±-pregnane-3,20-dione and 3Î²-hydroxy-5Î±-pregnan-20-one by the marine mussel Mytilus galloprovincialis. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;165:93-100 pubmed publisher..02-10Î¼g/L) for 7 days with the aim of (a) assessing potential alterations on endogenous steroids as a consequence of exposure, and (b) describing the ..
- Pysz K, LeszczyÅ„ska T, KopeÄ‡ A. Assessment of the frequency of snack and beverages consumption and stimulants intake in children grown up in orphanages in Krakow. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2015;66:151-8 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate selected dietary habits and preferences in a group of children living in Krakow ..
- MiÃ±ana E, RoldÃ¡n M, Chivato T, MartÃnez T, Fuente T. Quantification of the chromosomal radiation damage induced by labelling of leukocytes with [18F]FDG. Nucl Med Biol. 2015;42:720-3 pubmed publisherThe aim of our work is to quantify the radiation damage in lymphocytes after labelling with [18F]FDG. Comparison with gold standard [99mTc]HMPAO labelling is established. An approach to cellular dosimetry is proposed...
- Oikawa S, Taguchi T, Endo K, Hoshi T, Kawashima W, Horibe Y, et al. Storage of washed platelets in BRS-A platelet additive solutions based on two types of clinically available bicarbonated Ringer's solutions with different electrolyte concentrations. Transfus Apher Sci. 2015;53:233-7 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether another clinically available BRS, Bicarbon with different electrolyte ..
- Al Moraissi E, Al Magaleh S, Iskandar R, Al Hendi E. Impact on the pharyngeal airway space of different orthognathic procedures for the prognathic mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015;44:1110-8 pubmed publisher..randomized controlled trials (RCTs), controlled clinical trials (CCTs), and retrospective studies, with the aim of comparing bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (BSSO) to intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy (IVRO), or one-jaw to ..
- Yoncheva K, Kamenova K, Perperieva T, Hadjimitova V, Donchev P, Kaloyanov K, et al. Cationic triblock copolymer micelles enhance antioxidant activity, intracellular uptake and cytotoxicity of curcumin. Int J Pharm. 2015;490:298-307 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present study was to develop curcumin loaded cationic polymeric micelles and to evaluate their loading, preservation of curcumin antioxidant activity and intracellular uptake ability...
- Salucci S, Baldassarri V, Falcieri E, Burattini S. Î±-Actinin involvement in Z-disk assembly during skeletal muscle C2C12 cells in vitro differentiation. Micron. 2015;68:47-53 pubmed publisher..The aim of this work is to monitor Z-disk formation, in order to clear up the role of sarcomeric Î±-actinin in ..
- Ishida T, Tachibana H, Ito A, Ikeda S, Furuta K, Nishiyama A, et al. Clinical characteristics of pneumonia in bedridden patients receiving home care: a 3-year prospective observational study. J Infect Chemother. 2015;21:587-91 pubmed publisherThe aim of the study was to describe the epidemiology, clinical features, antimicrobial treatment, and outcomes of bedridden pneumonia patients receiving home healthcare...
- Cots J, AlÃ³s J, BÃ¡rcena M, Boleda X, CaÃ±ada J, GÃ³mez N, et al. [Recommendations for management of acute pharyngitis in adults]. Aten Primaria. 2015;47:532-43 pubmed publisher..The aim of the treatment is speeding up symptom resolution, reducing the contagious time span and preventing local ..
- Farrokhi E, Ghatrehsamani K, Hashemzadeh Chaleshtori M, Tabatabaiefar M. Effect of Oxidized Low Density Lipoprotein on the Expression of Runx2 and SPARC Genes in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. Iran Biomed J. 2015;19:160-4 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of oxLDL on the osteonectin gene expression through the Runx2 ..
- Mast T, Teske A, vd Heijden J, Groeneweg J, Te Riele A, Velthuis B, et al. Left Ventricular Involvement in Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia/Cardiomyopathy Assessed by Echocardiography Predicts Adverse Clinical Outcome. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015;28:1103-13.e9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that accurateÂ detection of LV involvement on echocardiography ..
- Montazami N, Kheir Andish M, Majidi J, Yousefi M, Yousefi B, Mohamadnejad L, et al. siRNA-mediated silencing of MDR1 reverses the resistance to oxaliplatin in SW480/OxR colon cancer cells. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2015;61:98-103 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of a specific MDR1 small interference RNA (siRNA) on sensitivity of ..
- Picco N, Alustiza F, Bellingeri R, Grosso M, Motta C, Larriestra A, et al. Molecular screening of pathogenic Escherichia coli strains isolated from dairy neonatal calves in Cordoba province, Argentina. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2015;47:95-102 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to perform a current molecular characterization of bovine pathogenic Escherichia coli strains isolated from random samplings in Argentinean dairy farms. Rectal swabs were obtained from 395 (63...
- Cigliana G, Torti E, Gulli F, De Santis E, Dell Abate M, Colacicco L, et al. Relationship between circulating syndecan-1 levels (CD138s) and serum free light chains in monoclonal gammopathies. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:37 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to analyze CD138 levels in the serum of patients affected by multiple myeloma or light chain only ..
- Li P, Zhang Z, Jia R, Mao S, Wang M, Jia R, et al. Rescue of a duck circovirus from an infectious DNA clone in ducklings. Virol J. 2015;12:82 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to describe the construction and initial in vivo characterization of full-length DNA clones of ..
- de Barros K, Flores C, Harlacher L, Francesconi C. Evolution of Clinical Behavior in Crohn's Disease: Factors Associated with Complicated Disease and Surgery. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Establishment of Crohn's disease phenotypes is important for definition of patient care strategies. The aim of the study was to evaluate the long-term evolution of patients based on disease phenotypes and the main factors ..
- Subramaniam M, St Jean B, Taylor N, Kodama C, Follman R, Casciotti D. Bit by bit: using design-based research to improve the health literacy of adolescents. JMIR Res Protoc. 2015;4:e62 pubmed publisher..The aim of this paper is to first mine existing literature to identify the many different skills that have been posited to ..
- Gil E, Garcia D, Froes T. In utero development of the fetal intestine: Sonographic evaluation and correlation with gestational age and fetal maturity in dogs. Theriogenology. 2015;84:681-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to describe the ultrasonographic development of fetal bowel and correlate this with gestational ..
- Rosa F, Coutinho M, Ferreira J, Sousa C. Ear malformations, hearing loss and hearing rehabilitation in children with Treacher Collins syndrome. Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp. 2016;67:142-7 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to assess the main ear malformations, hearing loss and auditory rehabilitation in children with Treacher Collins syndrome...
- Xia Y, Yin L, Jiang N, Guo W, Tian H, Jiang X, et al. Downregulating HMGA2 attenuates epithelial-mesenchymal transition-induced invasion and migration in nasopharyngeal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;463:357-63 pubmed publisher..However, whether HMGA2 regulates the EMT in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is unclear. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect and mechanism of HMGA2 in inducing invasion and migration in NPC...
- Lev N, Barhum Y, Ben Zur T, Aharony I, Trifonov L, Regev N, et al. A DJ-1 Based Peptide Attenuates Dopaminergic Degeneration in Mice Models of Parkinson's Disease via Enhancing Nrf2. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127549 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to examine the possibility of using DJ-1 (PARK7), as a novel therapeutic target for Parkinson's disease...
- Pyshniak V, Fotina I, Zverava A, Siamkouski S, Zayats E, Kopanitsa G, et al. Efficiency of biological versus physical optimization for single-arc VMAT for prostate and head and neck cases. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2014;15:4514 pubmed publisherThe aim of this work was to compare different approaches to VMAT optimization (biological vs. physical DVH-based) in two commercial treatment planning systems (TPS) for head and neck and prostate cases, using Pareto fronts. VMAT vs...
- Burger H, Vidmar G. A survey of overuse problems in patients with acquired or congenital upper limb deficiency. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2016;40:497-502 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to estimate the frequency of overuse problems in persons after unilateral upper limb deficiency and identify ..
- Qiu Z, Shen C, Song H, Wei W, Luo Q. Differential expression profiling of circulation microRNAs in PTC patients with non-131I and 131I-avid lungs metastases: a pilot study. Nucl Med Biol. 2015;42:499-504 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current study was to identify differential expression profiling of circulation miRNAs in PTC patients with ..
- BÃ¶ttcher D, Sehnem N, Montagner F, Fatturi Parolo C, Grecca F. Evaluation of the Effect of Enterococcus faecalis Biofilm on the 2% Chlorhexidine Substantivity: An In Vitro Study. J Endod. 2015;41:1364-70 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to correlate the bacterial viability and the presence of 2% chlorhexidine (CHX) solution on dentin by means of confocal laser scanning microscopy and high-performance liquid chromatography for 48 hours, 7 days, ..
- An L, Chang S, Hu Y, Li Y, Xu B, Zhang F, et al. Efficient cryopreservation of mouse embryos by modified droplet vitrification (MDV). Cryobiology. 2015;71:70-6 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to assess modified droplet vitrification (MDV) for the cryopreservation of early developmental mouse embryos...
- Nair S, Satapathy S, Gonzalez H. Sofosbuvir and Simeprevir for Treatment of Recurrent Hepatitis C Infection After Liver Transplant. Exp Clin Transplant. 2017;15:314-319 pubmed publisher..A combination of new antiviral agents has been used for recurrent hepatitis C. We aim to describe the outcomes of recurrent hepatitis C in liver transplant patients treated with simeprevir, sofosbuvir, ..
- Huang R, Gagner M. A Thickness Calibration Device Is Needed to Determine Staple Height and Avoid Leaks in Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. Obes Surg. 2015;25:2360-7 pubmed publisherLeaks after sleeve gastrectomy (SG) may be due to a mismatch between staple height and tissue thickness. The aim of this study was to determine the range of gastric thicknesses in three areas of stapling...
- Oexle N, Barnes T, Blake C, Bell B, Liese A. Neighborhood fast food availability and fast food consumption. Appetite. 2015;92:227-32 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between weekly fast-food consumption and both a person's perceived ..
- Casas J, Body M, Gutzwiller F, Giron D, Lazzari C, Pincebourde S, et al. Increasing metabolic rate despite declining body weight in an adult parasitoid wasp. J Insect Physiol. 2015;79:27-35 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to relate the respiratory metabolism of a parasitoid with body weight and foraging activity...
- Litwin M, Dubis J, ArczyÅ„ska K, Piotrowska A, Frydlewicz A, Karczewski M, et al. Correlation of HIWI and HILI Expression with Cancer Stem Cell Markers in Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3317-24 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the clinical significance of the HIWI and HILI expression and its relationship with ..
- Van Der Velde R, Bours S, Wyers C, Lems W, Geusens P, van den Bergh J. Effect of implementation of guidelines on assessment and diagnosis of vertebral fractures in patients older than 50 years with a recent non-vertebral fracture. Osteoporos Int. 2017;28:3017-3022 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to evaluate the effect of systematic implementation of densitometric VFA in patients with a recent non-VF at ..
- Mao H, Du Y, Zhang Z, Cao B, Zhao J, Zhou H, et al. Nitroxoline shows antimyeloma activity by targeting the TRIM25/p53 axle. Anticancer Drugs. 2017;28:376-383 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to identify the most potent quinoline-based anti-infectives for the treatment of multiple myeloma (MM) and to understand the molecular mechanisms...
- Naldini G, Fabiani B, Menconi C, Giani I, Toniolo G, Mascagni D, et al. Treatment of obstructed defecation syndrome due to rectocele and rectal intussusception with a high volume stapler (TST STARR-plus). Tech Coloproctol. 2018;22:53-58 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the safety, efficacy and feasibility of STARR performed with a new dedicated device for ..
- Gonzalez Alonso J, Mora Rodriguez R, Coyle E. Stroke volume during exercise: interaction of environment and hydration. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;278:H321-30 pubmedEuhydrated and dehydrated subjects exercised in a hot and a cold environment with our aim to identify factors that relate to reductions in stroke volume (SV)...
- GuimarÃ£es Cunha C, Alvares Saraiva A, de Souza Apostolico J, Popi A. Radiation-resistant B-1 cells: A possible initiating cells of neoplastic transformation. Immunobiology. 2016;221:845-52 pubmed publisher..Herein, we aim to investigate the malignant potential of ionizing-radiation resistant B-1 cells in vitro...
- Li K, Yip R, Avila R, Henschke C, Yankelevitz D. Size and Growth Assessment of Pulmonary Nodules: Consequences of the Rounding. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:657-662 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to understand the effect of rounding nodule size measurements on the frequency of positive results in the setting of lung cancer screening...
- Rodriguez Padial L, Elola F, Fernandez Perez C, Bernal J, Iniguez A, Segura J, et al. Patterns of inpatient care for acute myocardial infarction and 30-day, 3-month and 1-year cardiac diseases readmission rates in Spain. Int J Cardiol. 2017;230:14-20 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to analyse cardiac diseases (CDs) readmissions in patients with AMI in Spain...
- Liu L, Ren D, Liu F. A Review of Dissimilar Welding Techniques for Magnesium Alloys to Aluminum Alloys. Materials (Basel). 2014;7:3735-3757 pubmed publisher..Mechanical properties of welds such as hardness, tensile, shear and fatigue strength are discussed. The aim of the report is to review the recent progress in the welding of dissimilar Mg and Al to provide a basis for follow-..
- Gorka S, Shankman S. Preliminary evidence that reactivity to uncertain threat is an endophenotype for alcohol use disorder. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017;180:265-271 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current study was therefore to provide a preliminary test of whether U-threat is an endophenotype for AUD ..
- Korehisa S, Ikeda T, Okano S, Saeki H, Oki E, Oda Y, et al. A novel histological examination with dynamic three-dimensional reconstruction from multiple immunohistochemically stained sections of a PD-L1-positive colon cancer. Histopathology. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the interrelationship between PD-L1-positive cells and cytotoxic T cells, ..