Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BORIS
Description: CCCTC-binding factor like
Alias: BORIS, CT27, CTCF-T, HMGB1L1, dJ579F20.2, transcriptional repressor CTCFL, BORIS-like protein, brother of the regulator of imprinted sites, cancer/testis antigen 27
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- BORIS, a novel male germ-line-specific protein associated with epigenetic reprogramming events, shares the same 11-zinc-finger domain with CTCF, the insulator protein involved in reading imprinting marks in the somaDmitri I Loukinov
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0760, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6806-11. 2002..We named this gene BORIS for Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites. BORIS is present only in the testis, and expressed in a mutually exclusive manner with CTCF ..
- The potential of BORIS detected in the leukocytes of breast cancer patients as an early marker of tumorigenesisVivien D'Arcy
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:5978-86. 2006b>Brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS) is a novel member of the cancer-testis antigen gene family...
- [Preparation of the monoclonal antibodies against human BORIS and the expression pattern of BORIS in normal and diseased human mammary tissues]Xing Chun Zhou
Department of Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 23:353-5. 2007To prepare monoclonal antibodies(mAb) to BORIS antigen and analyze its expression pattern in breast cancer, benign breast disease and normal breast tissues.
- DNA methylation-dependent regulation of BORIS/CTCFL expression in ovarian cancerAnna Woloszynska-Read
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Immun 7:21. 2007b>Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (BORIS/CTCFL) is an autosomal cancer germline (CG) or cancer-testis antigen gene and paralog of CTCF that has been proposed to function as an oncogene in human cancer via dysregulation of the ..
- The novel BORIS + CTCF gene family is uniquely involved in the epigenetics of normal biology and cancerElena M Klenova
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester CQ4 3SQ, UK
Semin Cancer Biol 12:399-414. 2002..Recently, we have identified a CTCF paralogue, termed BORIS for Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites, that is expressed only in the testis...
- Reciprocal binding of CTCF and BORIS to the NY-ESO-1 promoter coincides with derepression of this cancer-testis gene in lung cancer cellsJulie A Hong
Thoracic Oncology Section, Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1201, USA
Cancer Res 65:7763-74. 2005Regulatory sequences recognized by the unique pair of paralogous factors, CTCF and BORIS, have been implicated in epigenetic regulation of imprinting and X chromosome inactivation...
- Epigenetic control of CTCFL/BORIS and OCT4 expression in urogenital malignanciesMichele J Hoffmann
Department of Urology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 72:1577-88. 2006..Genes reactivated in this manner have recently been postulated to include CTCFL/BORIS, a presumptive testis-specific chromatin regulator, and OCT4/POU5F1, a transcriptional activator in pluripotent ..
- Dynamic transcriptional regulatory complexes including BORIS, CTCF and Sp1 modulate NY-ESO-1 expression in lung cancer cellsY Kang
Thoracic Oncology Section, Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1201, USA
Oncogene 26:4394-403. 2007Previously, we reported that the paralogous zinc-finger proteins--CTCF and brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS), directly contribute to transcriptional regulation of NY-ESO-1 in lung cancer cells...
- Global expression analysis of cancer/testis genes in uterine cancers reveals a high incidence of BORIS expressionJohn Ian Risinger
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1713-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify those CT genes with the greatest incidence of expression in uterine cancers...
- Expression of the CTCF-paralogous cancer-testis gene, brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS), is regulated by three alternative promoters modulated by CpG methylation and by CTCF and p53 transcription factorsStéphanie Renaud
Section of Molecular Pathology, Laboratory of Immunopathology, NIAID, NIH, Rockville, MD 20815, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:7372-88. 2007b>BORIS, like other members of the 'cancer/testis antigen' family, is normally expressed in testicular germ cells and repressed in somatic cells, but is aberrantly activated in cancers...
- BORIS, a paralogue of the transcription factor, CTCF, is aberrantly expressed in breast tumoursV D'Arcy
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 3SQ, UK
Br J Cancer 98:571-9. 2008BORIS (for brother of the regulator of imprinted sites), a paralogue of the transcription factor, CTCF, is a novel member of the cancer-testis antigen family...
- DNA methyltransferase 1 and 3B activate BAG-1 expression via recruitment of CTCFL/BORIS and modulation of promoter histone methylationLunching Sun
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 68:2726-35. 2008..cells showed a permissive dimethyl-H3-K4/dimethyl-H3-K9 chromatin status associated with DNA-binding of CTCFL/BORIS, as well as increased BAG-1 expression...
- Differential expression of the embryo/cancer gene ECSA(DPPA2), the cancer/testis gene BORIS and the pluripotency structural gene OCT4, in human preimplantation developmentMarilyn Monk
Molecular Embryology Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 14:347-55. 2008..stem cell genes, the embryo/cancer sequence A gene (ECSA) and the cancer/testis gene Brother Of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (BORIS), in human oocytes, preimplantation embryos, primordial germ cells (PGCs) and embryo ..
- CTCFL/BORIS is a methylation-independent DNA-binding protein that preferentially binds to the paternal H19 differentially methylated regionPhuongmai Nguyen
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 68:5546-51. 2008The CTCF paralog BORIS (brother of the regulator of imprinted sites) is an insulator DNA-binding protein thought to play a role in chromatin organization and gene expression...
- BAT3 and SET1A form a complex with CTCFL/BORIS to modulate H3K4 histone dimethylation and gene expressionPhuongmai Nguyen
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:6720-9. 2008..BORIS (brother of the regulator of imprinted sites) is an insulator DNA-binding protein that is thought to play a role in chromatin organization ..
- BORIS (CTCFL) is not expressed in most human breast cell lines and high grade breast carcinomasWilliam C Hines
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9738. 2010b>BORIS (CTCFL) is the only known paralog of the versatile regulatory protein CTCF, a multifunctional DNA binding protein that mediates distinct gene regulatory functions involved in cell growth, differentiation, and apoptosis...
- Molecular architecture of CTCFLAmy E Campbell
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:648-50. 2010..We speculate that sequence divergence in the unstructured terminal segments results in differential recruitment of cofactors, perhaps defining the functional distinction between CTCF in somatic cells and CTCFL in the male germ line...
- BORIS/CTCFL expression is insufficient for cancer-germline antigen gene expression and DNA hypomethylation in ovarian cell linesAnna Woloszynska-Read
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Immun 10:6. 2010Expression of the cancer-germline (CG) (or cancer-testis) antigen gene BORIS/CTCFL has been proposed to mediate activation of CG antigen genes in cancer...
- Susceptibility for breast cancer in young patients with short rare minisatellite alleles of BORISSe Lyun Yoon
Department of Biology and Biomedical Science, Dong A University, Busan 604 714, Korea
BMB Rep 43:698-703. 2010In this study, we characterized two blocks of minisatellites in the 5' upstream region of the BORIS gene (BORIS-MS1, -MS2). BORIS-MS2 was found to be polymorphic; therefore, this locus could be useful as a marker for DNA fingerprinting...
- The structural complexity of the human BORIS gene in gametogenesis and cancerElena M Pugacheva
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13872. 2010b>BORIS/CTCFL is a paralogue of CTCF, the major epigenetic regulator of vertebrate genomes. BORIS is normally expressed only in germ cells but is aberrantly activated in numerous cancers...
- Coordinated cancer germline antigen promoter and global DNA hypomethylation in ovarian cancer: association with the BORIS/CTCF expression ratio and advanced stageAnna Woloszynska-Read
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, SUNY Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2170-80. 2011..In addition, the potential mechanisms leading to DNA hypomethylation, and its clinicopathologic significance in EOC, have not been determined...
- CTCF and BORIS regulate Rb2/p130 gene transcription: a novel mechanism and a new paradigm for understanding the biology of lung cancerFrancesco Paolo Fiorentino
Sbarro Health Research Organization, Center for Biotechnology, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Mol Cancer Res 9:225-33. 2011..However, in lung cancer cells the activity of CTCF in controlling Rb2/p130 gene expression is impaired by BORIS, a CTCF-paralogue, which by binding to the Rb2/p130 gene could trigger changes in the chromatin asset established ..
- BORIS binding to the promoters of cancer testis antigens, MAGEA2, MAGEA3, and MAGEA4, is associated with their transcriptional activation in lung cancerSheetal Bhan
Department of Otolaryngology Head, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:4267-76. 2011Aim of this study was to determine whether BORIS (Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites) is a regulator of MAGEA2, MAGEA3, and MAGEA4 genes in lung cancer.
- Widespread expression of BORIS/CTCFL in normal and cancer cellsTania A Jones
Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Neuroscience and Trauma, Blizard Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e22399. 2011b>BORIS (CTCFL) is the paralog of CTCF (CCCTC-binding factor; NM_006565), a ubiquitously expressed DNA-binding protein with diverse roles in gene expression and chromatin organisation...
- Expression of the epigenetic factor BORIS (CTCFL) in the human genomeRosalia De Necochea-Campion
Division of Hematology and Oncology, School of Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
J Transl Med 9:213. 2011BORIS, or CTCFL, the so called Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites because of the extensive homology in the central DNA binding region of the protein to the related regulator, CTCF, is expressed in early gametogenesis and in ..
- A cell cycle role for the epigenetic factor CTCF-L/BORISManuel Rosa-Garrido
Cell Cycle, Stem Cell Fate and Cancer Laboratory, Fundación Marqués de Valdecilla Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e39371. 2012..CTCF-like, or BORIS, is thought to antagonise CTCF and has been found in normal testis, ovary and a large variety of tumour cells...
- BORIS, brother of the regulator of imprinted sites, is aberrantly expressed in hepatocellular carcinomaKefei Chen
Division of Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, West China Hospital, Chengdu, China
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 17:160-5. 2013The brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS) is a novel member of the cancer testis antigen gene family, which are normally expressed only in spermatocytes, but abnormally activated in different malignancies.
- The cancer-testis antigen BORIS phenocopies the tumor suppressor CTCF in normal and neoplastic cellsJessamy C Tiffen
Gene and Stem Cell Therapy Program, Centenary Institute, University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Int J Cancer 133:1603-13. 2013b>BORIS and CTCF are paralogous, multivalent 11-zinc finger transcription factors that play important roles in organizing higher-order chromatin architecture...
- The testis-specific factor CTCFL cooperates with the protein methyltransferase PRMT7 in H19 imprinting control region methylationPetar Jelinic
Institute of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS Biol 4:e355. 2006..We demonstrate that CTCFL/BORIS, a paralog of CTCF, is an ICR-binding protein expressed during embryonic male germ cell development, coinciding ..
- Expression of BORIS in melanoma: lack of association with MAGE-A1 activationOlga Kholmanskikh
Brussels Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Cancer 122:777-84. 2008..The germline-specific gene BORIS (Brother Of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites), which encodes an 11-zinc-fingers transcriptional regulator, was recently qualified as a new ..
- Beyond eugenics: the forgotten scandal of hybridizing humans and apesAlexander Etkind
Department of Slavonic Studies, Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages, University of Cambridge, Sidgwick Avenue, Cambridge CB3 9DA
Stud Hist Philos Biol Biomed Sci 39:205-10. 2008..Ivanov's ideas were arguably important for the American proponent of reform eugenics, Herman Muller, and for the Soviet anthropologist Boris Porshnev.
- Of blood, inflammation and gunshot wounds: the history of the control of sepsisA J Thurston
Department of Surgery, Wellington School of Medicine, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Surg 70:855-61. 2000..This was led by Domagk (1895-1964; sulfonamides) and was followed by Sir Alexander Fleming (1881-1955), Sir Howard Walter Florey (1898-1968) and Sir Ernest Boris Chain (1906-1979; penicillin) and Selman Waksman (1888-1973; actinomycin).
- Expression of a testis-specific form of Gal3st1 (CST), a gene essential for spermatogenesis, is regulated by the CTCF paralogous gene BORISTeruhiko Suzuki
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2473-84. 2010Previously, it was shown that the CTCF paralogous gene, BORIS (brother of the regulator of imprinted sites) is expressed in male germ cells, but its function in spermatogenesis has not been defined...
- Transgenic and gene "knockout" models in alcohol researchP L Hoffman
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262 0001, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:60S-66S. 2001..Hoffman and Takeshi Yagi. The presentations were (1) cAMP signaling in ethanol sensitivity and tolerance, by Boris Tabakoff; (2) Synaptic signaling pathways of Fyn-tyrosine kinase, by Takeshi Yagi; (3) Ethanol drinking and ..
- Diagnosis of tuberculosis: available technologies, limitations, and possibilitiesSanjay K Garg
Department of Biotechnology, Madhav Institute of Technology and Science, Gwalior, India
J Clin Lab Anal 17:155-63. 2003..in differentiating between patients with active tuberculosis and those with healed lesions, normal mycobacterium boris BCG (Bacillus Calmette Guerin) vaccinated individuals, and unvaccinated Manteux positives...
- Conditional expression of the CTCF-paralogous transcriptional factor BORIS in normal cells results in demethylation and derepression of MAGE-A1 and reactivation of other cancer-testis genesSergei Vatolin
Laboratory of Immunopathology, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Disease, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:7751-62. 2005b>Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (BORIS) is a mammalian CTCF paralog with the same central 11Zn fingers (11ZF) that mediate specific interactions with varying approximately 50-bp target sites...
- [When genetics play with fate: a conference with Boris Cyrulnik]M Michael Balavoine
Rev Med Suisse 2:756, 758. 2006
- Investigation of QTL regions on Chromosome 17 for genes associated with meat color in the pigB Fan
Department of Animal Science and Center for Integrated Animal Genomics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 3150, USA
J Anim Breed Genet 125:240-7. 2008..The present findings suggested that the EDN3 and PHACTR3 genes might have potential effects on meat colour in pigs, and molecular mechanisms of their functions are worth exploring...
- Note on online books and articles about the history of dissociationCarlos S Alvarado
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Trauma Dissociation 9:107-18. 2008..H. Myers, Morton Prince, and Boris Sidis, among others...
- Deuterium anions in inertial electrostatic confinement devicesD R Boris
Fusion Technology Institute, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1500 Engineering Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 80:036408. 2009..F. Santarius, G. L. Kulcinski, R. P. Ashley, D. R. Boris, B. B. Cipiti, S. K. Murali, G. R. Piefer, R. F. Radel, I. E. Radel, and A. L. Wehmeyer, Fusion Sci. Technol...
- Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Liquid and Amorphous Metals (LAM13) (Ekaterinburg, Russia, 8-14 July 2007)Pjotr Popel
Ural State Pedagogical University
J Phys Condens Matter 20:110301. 2008
- BORIS in human cancers -- a reviewIrena Martin-Kleiner
Ruder Boskovic Institute, Division of Molecular Medicine, P O Box 180, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Eur J Cancer 48:929-35. 2012Brother of the regulator of the imprinted site (BORIS) or CTCFL is an 11 zinc finger (ZF) protein, which is considered to be a new oncogene. It is a paralogue of CCCTC-binding factor (CTCF), generated by a duplication event...
- BORIS/CTCFL mRNA isoform expression and epigenetic regulation in epithelial ovarian cancerPetra A Link
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Cancer Immun 13:6. 2013..b>BORIS/CTCFL is an autosomal CG antigen and promising cancer vaccine target...
- Preferential expression of cancer/testis genes in cancer stem-like cells: proposal of a novel sub-category, cancer/testis/stem geneR Yamada
Department of Pathology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Tissue Antigens 81:428-34. 2013..genes (MAGEA2, MAGEA3, MAGEA4, MAGEA6, MAGEA12, MAGEB2, GAGE1, GAGE8, SPANXA1, SPANXB1, SPANXC, XAGE2, SPA17, BORIS, PLU-1, SGY-1, TEX15 and CT45A1) showed higher expression levels in SP cells than in MP cells, whereas 10 genes (..
- EBV-transformed lymphoblastoid cell lines as vaccines against cancer testis antigen-positive tumorsFrank Neumann
Department of Internal Medicine I, José Carreras Center for Immuno and Gene Therapy, University of Saarland Medical School, 66421, Homburg, Saar, Germany
Cancer Immunol Immunother 62:1211-22. 2013..NY-ESO-1 and MAGE-A4 were found in 1/20 LCL and BORIS was not detected at all...
- Lack of association of MTHFR rs1801133 polymorphism and CTCFL mutations with sperm methylation errors in infertile patientsCristina Camprubí
Unitat de Biologia Cellular, Facultat de Biociencies, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193, Bellaterra, Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain
J Assist Reprod Genet 30:1125-31. 2013..To determine if a pattern of sperm DNA hypomethylation at the paternally imprinted loci H19-ICR and/or IG-DMR is related to the MTHFR rs1801133 polymorphism and/or CTCFL mutations...
- Frequent disruption of chromodomain helicase DNA-binding protein 8 (CHD8) and functionally associated chromatin regulators in prostate cancerNathan A Damaschke
Department of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
Neoplasia 16:1018-27. 2014..The chromatin regulator CTCF, its cofactor CHD8, and antagonistic paralogue BORIS have wide-ranging effects on gene regulation...
- Expression of the CTCFL Gene during Mouse Embryogenesis Causes Growth Retardation, Postnatal Lethality, and Dysregulation of the Transforming Growth Factor β PathwayLeyla Sati
Department of Histology and Embryology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Mol Cell Biol 35:3436-45. 2015CTCFL, a paralog of CTCF, also known as BORIS (brother of regulator of imprinted sites), is a testis-expressed gene whose function is largely unknown...
- Comparative analyses of CTCF and BORIS occupancies uncover two distinct classes of CTCF binding genomic regionsElena M Pugacheva
Molecular Pathology Section, Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD, 20852, USA
Genome Biol 16:161. 2015CTCF and BORIS (CTCFL), two paralogous mammalian proteins sharing nearly identical DNA binding domains, are thought to function in a mutually exclusive manner in DNA binding and transcriptional regulation.
- A polymorphic minisatellite region of BORIS regulates gene expression and its rare variants correlate with lung cancer susceptibilitySe Lyun Yoon
Department of Biological Science, Dong A University, Busan, Korea
Exp Mol Med 48:e246. 2016Aberrant expression of BORIS/CTCFL (Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites/CTCF-like protein) is reported in different malignancies...
- Down-regulation of BORIS/CTCFL efficiently regulates cancer stemness and metastasis in MYCN amplified neuroblastoma cell line by modulating Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathwayKoteswara Rao Garikapati
Department of Chemical Biology, CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research AcSIR, Training and Development Complex, CSIR Campus, CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun . 2017b>BORIS/CTCFL is a vital nucleotide binding protein expressed during embryogenesis and gametogenesis...
- [Our teacher (the 100th birthday of Boris Pavlovich Khvatov )]A I Brusilovskiĭ
Morfologiia 123:87-9. 2003
- [Boris Rajewsky (1893-1974). A look back on his life and work]Eberhard Lohr
Strahlenther Onkol 180:1-4. 2004
- A great Russian surgeon: Boris Dmitrievich Savchuk (1933-2004)Moshe Schein
Surgical Specialists of Keokuk, 1425 Morgan St, Keokuk, IA 52632, USA
World J Surg 29:676-8. 2005
- Highlights in surgery through outstanding ISS/SIC surgeons: Boris Vasilyevich PetrovskyBoris Savchuk
Central Clinical Hospital, Moscow, Russia
World J Surg 29:667-70. 2005
- Boris Balinsky: transition from embryology to developmental biologyVladimir Korzh
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Bioessays 27:970-7. 2005..Thus this book manifested the transition from embryology to developmental biology. The story of its author, Boris Balinsky, who against all odds survived to write this book, is remarkable on its own...
- [Boris L. Astaurov--The first president of the Vavilov All-Union Society of Geneticists and Breeders]I K Zakharov
Ontogenez 36:251-3. 2005
- Testing treatment effects in the presence of competing risks by Boris Freidlin and Edward L. Korn, Statistics in Medicine 2005; 24:1703-1712Masako Nishikawa
Stat Med 25:3758-60; author reply 3761-3. 2006
- Integrating role of T antigen, Rb2/p130, CTCF and BORIS in mediating non-canonical endoplasmic reticulum-dependent death pathways triggered by chronic ER stress in mouse medulloblastomaMarcella Macaluso
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cell Cycle 11:1841-50. 2012..The diversity of these responses may be due, at least in part, to distinct activities of Rb2/p130, CTCF and BORIS proteins in response to an altered network of signaling evoked by the T-Ag presence...
- Cancer cell death and selection: Unexpected putative roles for pRb2/p130, BORIS and CTCF in endoplasmic stress response maintained by the T-antigenChristian Bronner
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR7104 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U964 Université de Strasbourg Strasbourg, France
Cell Cycle 11:2052. 2012..Comment on: Macaluso M, et al. Cell Cycle 2012; 11:1841-50...
- Cancer-testis antigen BORIS is a novel prognostic marker for patients with esophageal cancerKoji Okabayashi
Division of Cellular Signaling, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 103:1617-24. 2012..In this study, cancer-testis antigen, BORIS, was isolated by functional cDNA expression cloning using screening technique with serum IgG Abs from ESCC ..
- Genome-wide association study identifies a novel locus contributing to type 2 diabetes susceptibility in Sikhs of Punjabi origin from IndiaRicha Saxena
Center for Human Genetic Research and Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 62:1746-55. 2013..Our findings provide new evidence on the presence of a population-specific signal in relation to T2D, which may provide additional insights into T2D pathogenesis...
- Research on cholinesterases in the Soviet Union and Russia: a historical perspectiveEugene V Rozengart
Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg, Russia
Chem Biol Interact 203:3-9. 2013..on chemistry, enzymology and physiology of cholinesterases and their inhibitors were leaded by Alexandr and Boris Arbuzovs, Victor Rozengart, Viktor Yakovlev, Michael Michelson, Martin Kabachnik, Mikhail Voronkov, Ivan Knunyants,..
- Measuring time of flight of fusion products in an inertial electrostatic confinement fusion device for spatial profiling of fusion reactionsD C Donovan
Sandia National Laboratories, 7011 East Avenue, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Rev Sci Instrum 84:033501. 2013..F. Santarius, G. L. Kulcinski, R. P. Ashley, D. R. Boris, B. B. Cipiti, S. K. Murali, G. R. Piefer, R. F. Radel, T. E. Radel, and A. L. Wehmeyer, Fusion Sci. Technol...
- Increased Intragenic IGF2 Methylation is Associated with Repression of Insulator Activity and Elevated Expression in Serous Ovarian CarcinomaZhiqing Huang
Epigenetics Research Laboratory, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Front Oncol 3:131. 2013..binding of CTCF to this region in ovarian cancer cells, as well as the paralog of CTCF, Brother Of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (BORIS), which is frequently overexpressed in cancers...
- Novel genes associated with colorectal cancer are revealed by high resolution cytogenetic analysis in a patient specific mannerHisham Eldai
Bioinformatics, King Abdullah International Medical Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
PLoS ONE 8:e76251. 2013..Our analysis shows patient specific CRC manifestations at the genomic level and that these different events affect individual CRC patients differently. ..
- In vivo study of genetically simplified bovine leukemia virus derivatives that lack tax and rexK Boris-Lawrie
Department of Veterinary Biosciences and Center for Retrovirus Research, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Virol 71:1514-20. 1997..b>Boris-Lawrie and H. M. Temin, J. Virol. 69:1920-1924, 1995)...
- WHP/ISBRA study on state and trait markers in alcoholismB Tabakoff
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:99S-103S. 2001This article represents the proceedings of a symposium at the 2000 ISBRA Meeting in Yokohama, Japan. The chair was Boris Tabakoff...
- Early contributions of Russian stress and exercise physiologistsAtko Viru
Institute of Exercise Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu 51014, Estonia
J Appl Physiol (1985) 92:1378-82. 2002..accepted by scientists while the significance of hormones in adaptation became a topic of endocrine studies (Boris Aleshin, Igor Eskin, Vassily Komissarenko, Samuel Leites, and Michael Kolpakov)...
- Ethical considerations in psychiatric profiling of political figuresJerrold M Post
George Washington University, Washington, D C 20052, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 25:635-46, viii. 2002Questions concerning such matters as the effects of health and alcoholism on Boris Yeltsin's decision making; the mind of the Unabomber; the psychology and decision making of Saddam Hussein of Iraq, who was initially characterized by the ..
- Kousseff syndrome caused by deletion of chromosome 22q11-13Shawnia Forrester
Department of Pediatrics, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9658, USA
Am J Med Genet 112:338-42. 2002Kousseff syndrome was originally described by Boris Kousseff in 1984: Pediatrics 74:395-398 in three siblings whose main features were conotruncal heart defects, neural tube defects, and dysmorphic features...
- Gene expression in brain: a window on ethanol dependence, neuroadaptation, and preferencePaula L Hoffman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:155-68. 2003..Sommer; (4) Patterns of gene expression in brains of selected lines of mice that differ in ethanol tolerance, by Boris Tabakoff; (5) Gene expression profiling related to initial sensitivity and tolerance in gamma-protein kinase C ..
- Identification and serological specificity of a polysaccharide component from Mycoplasma bovisB W Brooks
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, PO Box 11300, Station H, Nepean, Ontario, Canada, K2H 8P9
Vet Res Commun 28:197-208. 2004..Strong reactions were observed with the MAbs and M. bovis colonies in immunofluorescence. The M. boris polysaccharide and MAbs to this component may be useful for the development of diagnostic assays for this organism.
- Pulmonary mycoplasmosis in farmed white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus)N W Dyer
Veterinary Diagnostic Services Department, Van Es Laboratories, North Dakota State University, Fargo 58105, USA
J Wildl Dis 40:366-70. 2004..outbreak of respiratory disease at a farmed cervid facility resulted in isolation and identification of Mycoplasma boris in four affected white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) fawns...
- [Coexistence of tuberculosis verrucosa cutis and articular tuberculosis in the same patient]Ainhoa Marquet
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:56-8. 2006We present a case of tuberculosis verrucosa cutis from Mycobacterium Boris in a male patient who also presented with contralateral tuberculous arthritis. The tuberculosis most likely spread through the blood in our patient.
- The life, achievements and legacy of a great Canadian investigator: Professor Boris Petrovich Babkin (1877-1950)Ivan T Beck
Department of Medicine and Physiology, Gastrointestinal Disease Research Unit, Queen s University, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 20:579-88. 2006The present paper reviews the life and achievements of Professor Boris Petrovich Babkin (MD DSc LLD)...
- Elicitation of T cell responses to histologically unrelated tumors by immunization with the novel cancer-testis antigen, brother of the regulator of imprinted sitesAnahit Ghochikyan
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, CA 92647, USA
J Immunol 178:566-73. 2007b>Brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS) was previously described as a transcription factor for epigenetic reprogramming the expression of which is strictly confined to germ cells of adult testes but is aberrantly activated in ..
- Lift outs: how to acquire a high-functioning teamBoris Groysberg
Harvard Business School, Boston, USA
Harv Bus Rev 84:133-40, 164. 2006..b>Boris Groysberg and Robin Abrahams studied more than 40 high-profile moves and interviewed team leaders in multiple ..
- Evolutionary diversification of SPANX-N sperm protein gene structure and expressionNatalay Kouprina
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e359. 2007..Presence of a binding site for CTCF and its testis-specific paralogue BORIS in the SPANX promoters suggests, by analogy to MAGE-A1 and NY-ESO-1, that their activation in spermatogenesis is ..
- DNA, but not protein vaccine based on mutated BORIS antigen significantly inhibits tumor growth and prolongs the survival of miceM Mkrtichyan
Department of Molecular Immunology, The Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 3652, USA
Gene Ther 15:61-4. 2008..Given that at face value the brother of regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS) transcription factor meets these criteria, we have developed a mutant variant of this molecule (mBORIS) that ..
- An overview of BORIS: Bioavailability of Radionuclides in SoilsC Tamponnet
Institute of Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety, DEI SECRE, Cadarache, Saint Paul lez Durance cedex, France
J Environ Radioact 99:820-30. 2008..In the 5th European Framework Programme entitled Bioavailability of Radionuclides in Soils (BORIS), we investigated the role of the abiotic (soil components and soil structure) and biological elements (organic ..
- Selective apoptosis of breast cancer cells by siRNA targeting of BORISChristopher J Dougherty
Florida Atlantic University, Charles E Schmidt College of Biomedical Science, 777 Glades Road, BC 71, Room 202, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 370:109-12. 2008b>Brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS) is an epigenetically acting transcription factor which represses the tumor inhibitor functions of the tumor suppressor protein CTCF...
- The evolution of epigenetic regulators CTCF and BORIS/CTCFL in amniotesTimothy A Hore
ARC Centre for Kangaroo Genomics, Research School of Biological Sciences, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
PLoS Genet 4:e1000169. 2008..to have duplicated in early mammals, giving rise to a paralogue called "brother of regulator of imprinted sites" (BORIS or CTCFL) with DNA binding capabilities similar to CTCF, but testis-specific expression in humans and mice...
- DNA damage-induced upregulation of miR-709 in the germline downregulates BORIS to counteract aberrant DNA hypomethylationJan Tamminga
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Cell Cycle 7:3731-6. 2008..We found that miR-709 targets the Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (BORIS), an important regulator of DNA methylation and imprinting...
- Coordinated activation of candidate proto-oncogenes and cancer testes antigens via promoter demethylation in head and neck cancer and lung cancerIan M Smith
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4961. 2009....
- Parametric array application for long range ocean soundingKonstantin Naugolnykh
Earth System Res Lab, NOAAUniv of ColoradoZeltech, Boulder, CO 80305N Andreev Acoust Inst, 4 Schvernik St, Moscow, Russia
J Acoust Soc Am 125:2718. 2009..Acoust. Zh., 40(1), 71-75 (1994)]. In both experiments, the transducer of RV "Boris Konstantinov" was used with parameters: pump wave power W=20 kW, pump wave frequency f=3 kHz, parametric signal ..
- Tuning polymer thickness: synthesis and scaling theory of homologous series of dendronized polymersYifei Guo
Department of Materials, Institute of Polymers, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, HCI J 541, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biological Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland, and Laboratoire de Spectrometrie Physique LSP CNRS Universite Joseph Fourier, BP 87, , France
J Am Chem Soc 131:11841-54. 2009..Our theory approach, based on the Boris-Rubinstein model of dendrimers predicts r approximately n(1/4)g(1/2) and lambda approximately n(2) where n = [(X - ..
- Diffusion and localization for the Chirikov typical mapKlaus M Frahm
, , F 31062 Toulouse, France and CNRS, LPT IRSAMC, F 31062 Toulouse, France
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 80:016210. 2009We consider the classical and quantum properties of the "Chirikov typical map," proposed by Boris Chirikov in 1969...
- Tang et Al. Reply:Chun Tang
Department of Physics and High Pressure Science and Engineering Center University of Nevada Las Vegas, Nevada 89154, USA and Institute of Nano Science Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Nanjing 210016, China
Phys Rev Lett 103:039602. 2009A Reply to the Comment by Feng Ding, Jianyu Huang, and Boris I. Yakobson.
- B P Belousov and his reactionAlexander Pechenkin
Institute of the History of Science and Technology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Staropanskii per, 1 5, 103012 Moscow, Russia
J Biosci 34:365-71. 2009The generation to which Boris Pavlovich Belousov (1893-1976) belonged has almost disappeared. The archives hold only a few documents about his life and basically secret research...
- Idiopathic male infertility is strongly associated with aberrant methylation of MEST and IGF2/H19 ICR1A Poplinski
Centre of Reproductive Medicine and Andrology, 48149 Munster, Germany
Int J Androl 33:642-9. 2010..The male germ cell thus represents a potential source for aberrant epigenetic features in children conceived via ART...
- Ageing and cancer as diseases of epigenesisScott F Gilbert
Martin Laboratories of Biology, Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA 19081, USA
J Biosci 34:601-4. 2009..While first proposed by Boris Vanyushin in 1973, recent studies have confirmed that inappropriate methylation not only causes diseases, and it ..
- A comparison of the antibody responses between specific pathogen-free and commercial layers immunized with an influenza vaccine prepared from inactivated non-pathogenic H5N1 virus by single shotTakashi Sasaki
Avian Biologics Department, Kyoto Biken Laboratories, Inc, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 72:819-21. 2010..into each ten 10-week-old specific pathogen-free (SPF) white leghorn chickens and commercial layers of Julia and Boris-Brown to obtain comparative data for antibody responses until 6 weeks after vaccination...
- Effects of karaya saponin and Rhodobacter capsulatus on yolk cholesterol in laying hensS Afrose
Shinshu University, Minamiminowa mura, Japan
Br Poult Sci 51:409-18. 2010..capsulatus to hen's diet with regard to serum and egg yolk cholesterol and triglycerides. 2. A total of 56 Boris Brown laying hens were divided into 7 groups at 20 weeks of age...
- Pattern and clinical significance of cancer-testis gene expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaCyril Cuffel
Service of Otorhinolaringology and Head and Neck Surgery, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva
Int J Cancer 128:2625-34. 2011..CT genes indicated a coordinate regulation; however there was no correlation between expression of MAGE-A3/A4 and BORIS, a gene whose product has been implicated in CT gene activation...
- BORIS/CTCFL-mediated transcriptional regulation of the hTERT telomerase gene in testicular and ovarian tumor cellsStéphanie Renaud
Institute of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 39:862-73. 2011..We demonstrated that CTCF and its paralogue, BORIS/CTCFL, were both present in the nucleus of the same cancer cells and bound to the first exon of hTERT in vivo...
- Role of DNA damage and epigenetic DNA methylation changes in radiation-induced genomic instability and bystander effects in germline in vivoJan Tamminga
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Curr Mol Pharmacol 4:115-25. 2011..DNA methylation, DNA damage, as well as two important germline regulators of DNA methylation, Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (BORIS) and CCCTC binding factor (CTCF), in IR and bystander responses of the male germline...
- Effect of dietary karaya saponin on serum and egg yolk cholesterol in laying hensS Afrose
Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Minamiminowa mura, Japan
Br Poult Sci 51:797-804. 2010..2. A total of 40 Boris Brown hens were randomly assigned at 20 weeks of age to 4 treatment groups and fed on diets supplemented with 0 (..
- Analysis of promoter methylation and polymorphic minisatellites of BORIS and lack of association with gastric cancerSe Lyun Yoon
Department of Biology and Biomedical Science, Dong A University, Busan, Korea
DNA Cell Biol 30:691-8. 2011b>BORIS is a member of the cancer-testis gene family that comprises genes normally expressed only in testis but abnormally activated in different malignancies...
- Cancer-testis antigen, BORIS based vaccine delivered by dendritic cells is extremely effective against a very aggressive and highly metastatic mouse mammary carcinomaMikayel Mkrtichyan
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, CA 92647, United States
Cell Immunol 270:188-97. 2011..of a dendritic cell (DC) vaccine based on a cancer-testis antigen, Brother of regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS), an epigenetically acting tumor-promoting transcription factor...
- Spinal Control of Locomotion: Studies and ApplicationsIlya A Rybak; Fiscal Year: 2010..Michel Lemay, Drexel University), physiology and biomechanics of locomotion (Dr. Boris Prilutsky, Georgia Institute of Technology), and computational neuroscience and neural control (Dr...
- Role of microtubule-based transport in neuronal polarityJILL C WILDONGER; Fiscal Year: 2011..Anthony Wynshaw-Boris (UCSF), a leader in the study of genes linked to human neurodevelopmental disorders such as classical ..
- Tae Hoon Kim; Fiscal Year: 2014..the effect of cancer-associated mutations in the CTCF gene and ectopic expression of the competitive paralog BORIS at the HOXA locus and throughout the entire human genome...
- JILL C WILDONGER; Fiscal Year: 2014..Anthony Wynshaw-Boris (UCSF), a leader in the study of genes linked to human neurodevelopmental disorders such as classical ..
- RAYMOND JAIHYUN CHO; Fiscal Year: 2015..Dr. Boris Bastian will mentor the candidate's scientific development. Dr...
- Unique functions of the mitochondrial tRNA import machinety in T. gondiiLilach Sheiner; Fiscal Year: 2013..The mentor, Boris Striepen, is an expert on endosymbiont biology in T...
- Ninth International Congress on ToxoplasmosisBoris Striepen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The[unreadable] 2007 conference will be organized by Drs. Silvia Moreno, Michael White and Boris[unreadable] Striepen...
- Control of Mammalian Meiotic RecombinationTerry Ashley; Fiscal Year: 2007..R-bands versus G-bands, centromeres, telomeres, satellite sequences and insulators (sequences and associated BORIS protein)...
- M Tuberculosis CTL Epitopes: Vaccine Design/EvaluationElizabeth Mellins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mycobacterium boris Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG), the current anti-TB vaccine, is quite variable in its ability to protect against TB ..
- PKC MODULATION OF GS8 AND CALCIUM CHANNEL INTERACTIONSKaisa Hellevuo; Fiscal Year: 2000..During my postdoctoral years under the supervision of Dr. Boris Tabakoff, Department of Pharmacology, UCHSC, I developed a special interest and expertise in G protein-mediated ..
- INDUCTION OF ANTIVIRAL IMMUNITYKathleen Boris Lawrie; Fiscal Year: 2002..Temin's decease, the present collaboration spontaneously evolved based on new experiments with Dr. Kathleen Boris-Lawrie -that time post-doctoral fellow in Dr. Temin's laboratory...
- The Role of IgLONS in Cardiac Development and DiseasePaul Grossfeld; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research will be performed in the laboratory of Dr. Anthony Wynshaw-Boris in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, San Diego. During this time, Dr...
- Pathways to Alcohol ToleranceBoris Tabakoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..In all, our studies should provide an excellent foundation for understanding the neuroadaptive processes leading to ethanol tolerance in reference to the anxiolytic action of this drug. ..
- Translational Control of Retroviral Unspliced mRNAKATHLEEN A BORIS LAWRIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Wnt Signaling in Xenopus Embryonic DevelopmentSergei Y Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since Wnt pathways are activated in many human cancers, including colon carcinomas, melanomas and skin tumors, the proposed experiments are directly relevant to human disease. ..
- Metastasis-associated kinase in Wnt signalingSergei Y Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2010..The knowledge of the molecular pathways that involve MAK should allow the design of small molecules, which can modulate its enzymatic activity, and may lead to the development of new anti-cancer therapies. ..
- Mouse models for GABA epigenetic dysfunctionAlessandro Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Glutamate Receptors in Excessive Ethanol Drinki*Paula Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will allow a more detailed investigation in Aim 3 of molecular mechanisms leading to changes in NMDA and/or AMPA receptor properties associated with the alcohol deprivation effect. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY--ALLOSTERIC MODULATORS OF GABAA RECEPTORSAlessandro Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- REELIN DEFICIENCY--MODEL FOR SCHIZOPHRENIA VULNERABILITYAlessandro Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- FRIZZLED RECEPTOR SIGNALING AND APOPTOSISSergei Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2004..Proposed studies will identify the components involved in this novel pathway and should decipher new ways of controlling cell number in development and in disease. ..