Genomes and Genes
interleukin 4 receptor
Gene Symbol: interleukin 4 receptor
Description: interleukin 4 receptor
Alias: Il4ra, IL-4 receptor subunit alpha, IL-4R subunit alpha, IL-4R-alpha, IL-4RA, interleukin 4 receptor, alpha, interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain, interleukin-4 receptor subunit alpha
- IL-4 is proangiogenic in the lung under hypoxic conditionsKazuyo Yamaji-Kegan
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Immunol 182:5469-76. 2009..In conclusion, IL-4 has proangiogenic properties in the lung under hypoxic conditions via the VEGF pathway, and this is independent of the STAT6 pathway...
- Pathogenicity of a disease-associated human IL-4 receptor allele in experimental asthmaRaffi Tachdjian
Division of Immunology, Allergy, and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Exp Med 206:2191-204. 2009..Our findings indicate that the Q576R polymorphism directly promotes asthma in carrier populations by selectively augmenting IL-4R alpha-dependent signaling...
- Interleukin-4 receptor polymorphisms in asthma and allergy: relation to different disease phenotypesB Hesselmar
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 99:399-403. 2010..We tested if single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IL4R gene were associated with susceptibility to such diseases, or if they were related to the phenotypic presentation of asthma and allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (ARC)...
- Gene-gene interaction in asthma: IL4RA and IL13 in a Dutch population with asthmaTimothy D Howard
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Hum Genet 70:230-6. 2002..These cytokines also share a common receptor component, IL4R alpha. We have investigated five IL4RA single-nucleotide polymorphisms in a population of Dutch families ascertained through a proband with asthma...
- V75R576 IL-4 receptor alpha is associated with allergic asthma and enhanced IL-4 receptor functionKimberly A Risma
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Immunol 169:1604-10. 2002..These data illustrate the importance of studying snps in combination, because the functional significance of a given snp may only be evident in a specific setting of additional snps in the same or different genes...
- IL4R alpha mutations are associated with asthma exacerbations and mast cell/IgE expressionSally E Wenzel
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:570-6. 2007..However, an effect on exacerbations and tissue inflammation has not been shown...
- Haplotypes of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain gene associate with susceptibility to and severity of atopic asthmaA M Hytönen
Department of Clinical Immunology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1570-5. 2004..Several groups have suggested the gene of the IL-4 receptor alpha chain (IL4R) as a candidate gene for the development of asthma, although association with single polymorphisms has shown contradicting results...
- Association of severe respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis with interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor alpha polymorphismsBarbara Hoebee
Laboratory for Health Effects Research, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 187:2-11. 2003..These results indicate that gain-of-function variants of T helper type 2 cytokine genes may play a role in increasing the severity of RSV disease, which appears more pronounced after the first half-year of life...
- Polymorphisms in the IL-4 and IL-4R [alpha] genes and allergic asthmaTianpen Cui
Immunology Laboratory, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P R of China
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:888-92. 2003..16; p < 0.01), and also total plasma immunoglobulin E (IgE) level was increased in allergic asthma patients. These data suggest that the IL-4R alpha chain 576R/R genotypes confer genetic susceptibility to allergic asthma in Chinese...
- Interleukin-4-receptor alpha gene polymorphism and the risk of renal cell carcinoma in a South Indian populationShruthi Mohan
Department of Human Genetics, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:295-8. 2009..Stratified analysis based on the genotypes and the stage of tumor revealed no significant association. Thus, the present study indicates that IL4Ralpha could be a candidate gene for assessing the risk of RCC...
- Novel odors affect gene expression for cytokines and proteinases in the rat amygdala and hippocampusLouis N Irwin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, Texas 79968, USA
Brain Res 1489:1-7. 2012..This suggests considerable variation in the way that olfactory information is processed at the cellular level in different brain regions and by the two sexes...
- Genetic polymorphisms of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha gene are associated with an increasing risk and a poor prognosis of sporadic renal cell carcinoma in a Japanese populationEijiro Nakamura
Department of Urology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:2620-5. 2002..The significance of the polymorphisms on the incidence and prognosis in sporadic RCC patients were examined to clarify the role of IL-4 as well as that of the Th1/Th2 immune system in this disease...
- Polymorphisms in the IL-13 and IL-4R genes are associated with the development of renal cell carcinomaH Chu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, Department of Molecular and Genetic Toxicology, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, and Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Ann Oncol 23:2114-21. 2012..It has been suggested that the imbalance of immune system of the host might affect the generation of diseases, including cancers...
- Potent in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of interleukin-4-conjugated Pseudomonas exotoxin against human biliary tract carcinomaKazunori Ishige
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Int J Cancer 123:2915-22. 2008..5 weeks in treated and untreated mice, respectively). These results indicate that IL-4 receptor-targeted cytotoxin is a potent agent that may provide a new therapeutic option for BTC...
- A gene-dosage effect for interleukin-4 receptor alpha-chain expression has an impact on Th2-mediated allergic inflammation during bronchopulmonary mycosisUwe Muller
Institute of Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, An den Tierkliniken 11, Leipzig, Germany
J Infect Dis 198:1714-21. 2008..mice and no expression in IL-4Ralpha(-/-) mice, indicating biallelic expression of the gene for IL-4Ralpha (Il4ra)...
- IL-4 receptor as a bridge between the immune system and muscle in experimental myasthenia gravis I: up-regulation of muscle IL-15 by IL-4Sabrina Shandley
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Clin Immunol 132:246-56. 2009..A model is proposed in which these muscle activities participate in disease progression in experimental myasthenia gravis...
- Human and rodent pancreatic beta-cells express IL-4 receptors and IL-4 protects against beta-cell apoptosis by activation of the PI3K and JAK/STAT pathwaysAnna Kaminski
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, John Bull Building, Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, Devon PL6 8BU, UK
Biosci Rep 30:169-75. 2010..These findings may have implications for future therapeutic strategies for the management of diabetes...
- Endogenous expression of interleukin-4 regulates macrophage activation and confines cavity formation after traumatic spinal cord injurySeung Ihm Lee
Brain Disease Research Center, Institute for Medical Sciences, and Department of Neurology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Republic of Korea
J Neurosci Res 88:2409-19. 2010..These results suggest that endogenous expression of antiinflammatory cytokine IL-4 regulates the extent of acute macrophage activation and confines the ensuing secondary cavity formation after spinal cord trauma...
- CCL2, CCL18 and sIL-4R in renal, meningeal and pulmonary TB; a 2 year study of patients and contactsArmando Mendez
Universidad Veracruzana, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 91:140-5. 2011..However contacts had raised expression of IL-4δ2 as previously found. These results indicate vigorous and previously unrecorded activity within the Th2 axis, and further investigation is warranted...
- Retrovirus-mediated delivery of an IL-4 receptor antagonist inhibits allergic responses in a murine model of asthmaGuilan Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Zhongshan Boai Hospital, Zhongshan, China
Sci China Life Sci 53:1215-20. 2010..This suggests that gene therapy is a therapeutic option for treating and controlling chronic airway inflammation and asthma symptoms...
- Control of RSV-induced lung injury by alternatively activated macrophages is IL-4R alpha-, TLR4-, and IFN-beta-dependentK A Shirey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland, Baltimore UMB, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mucosal Immunol 3:291-300. 2010..RSV-infected cotton rats treated with a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor increased expression of lung AA-M phi. These data suggest new treatment strategies for RSV that promote AA-M phi differentiation...
- Asthma susceptible genes in Chinese population: a meta-analysisXiaobo Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Respir Res 11:129. 2010..Published data regarding the associations between genetic variants and asthma risk in Chinese population were inconclusive. The aim of this study was to investigate asthma susceptible genes in Chinese population...
- Immunomodulation with IL-4R alpha antisense oligonucleotide prevents respiratory syncytial virus-mediated pulmonary diseaseMichael J Ripple
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Immunol 185:4804-11. 2010....
- Anisakis pegreffii-induced airway hyperresponsiveness is mediated by gamma interferon in the absence of interleukin-4 receptor alpha responsivenessFrank Kirstein
Division of Immunology, Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, Health Sciences Faculty, University of Cape Town and International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, 7925 Cape Town, South Africa
Infect Immun 78:4077-86. 2010..Importantly for diagnosis, allergic airway inflammation can be independent of detectable Anisakis-specific antibodies. Moreover, depending on the route of sensitization, AHR can be induced either by IL-4/IL-13 or by IFN-gamma...
- Interleukin-13 exerts autocrine growth-promoting effects on human pancreatic cancer, and its expression correlates with a propensity for lymph node metastasesAndrea Formentini
Clinic of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstrasse 9, 89075, Ulm, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 24:57-67. 2009..It is not known whether pancreatic cancer cells produce IL-13 or whether IL-13 can modulate pancreatic cancer cell growth and influence the frequency of lymph node metastases...
- Association of TGF-beta1, CD14, IL-4, IL-4R and ADAM33 gene polymorphisms with asthma severity in children and adolescentsIsabel C J de Faria
Departamento de Genetica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP
J Pediatr (Rio J) 84:203-10. 2008....
- Interleukin-4 cytotoxin therapy synergizes with gemcitabine in a mouse model of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaTakeshi Shimamura
Tumor Vaccines and Biotechnology Branch, Division of Cellular and Gene Therapies, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Res 67:9903-12. 2007..These results indicate that IL-4 cytotoxin combined with gemcitabine may provide effective therapy for the treatment of patients with PDA...
- Interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 act on glomerular visceral epithelial cellsJ G van den Berg
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:413-22. 2000..It is concluded that by binding to specific IL-4/ IL-13 receptors, IL-4 and IL-13 can exert specific effects on GVEC function, which could be of pathogenetic relevance for glomerular injury in MCN...
- Identification of regulated genes in rat heart after myocardial infarction by means of differential mRNA displayY Z Zhu
Department of Pharmacology, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Germany
Jpn Heart J 41:59-66. 2000..The remaining clones have no similarity to known sequences. These data suggest that certain genes which were not previously being associated with cardiac hypertrophy are turned on during the process of cardiac remodeling after MI...
- Analysis of interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain variants in multiple sclerosisH Hackstein
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Langhansstrasse 7, D 35392, Giessen, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 113:240-8. 2001..These results indicate, that the IL4R variant R551 may influence the genetic predisposition for PPMS but does not represent a general genetic risk factor for MS...
- Efficacy of soluble IL-4 receptor for the treatment of adults with asthmaL C Borish
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:963-70. 2001....
- DNA array analysis of changes in preovulatory gene expression in the rat ovaryC P Leo
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
Biol Reprod 65:269-76. 2001..These results demonstrate that DNA arrays can be used to identify genes regulated during the periovulatory period, thus contributing to a more detailed understanding of the molecular mechanisms of ovulation...
- Cellular mechanisms involved in experimental insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusD L Radu
Cantacuzino Institute, Department of Immunology Bucharest, Romania
Roum Arch Microbiol Immunol 60:203-26. 2001..These studies demonstrate that TCR-HA, INS-HA double transgenic mice may provide a useful model to evaluate new strategies for the prevention of diabetes...
- The rat interleukin 4 receptor: coevolution of ligand and receptorG Richter
Institute of Immunology, Klinikum Steglitz, Free University, Berlin, Germany
Cytokine 7:237-41. 1995A rat interleukin 4 receptor (IL-4R) cDNA was cloned by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using RNA of Con A activated T cells and primers deduced from mouse and human IL-4R sequences...
- Analysis of IL4R haplotypes in predisposition to multiple sclerosisD B Mirel
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
Genes Immun 5:138-41. 2004..009). These findings suggest a potentially important role for the IL4R gene in predisposition to MS, and provide further evidence of its relevance as a candidate gene for immune-related diseases...
- Human pulmonary fibroblasts exhibit altered interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 receptor subunit expression in idiopathic interstitial pneumoniaClaudia Jakubzick
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1989-2001. 2004....
- A comprehensive analysis of interleukin-4 receptor polymorphisms and their association with atopy and IgE regulation in childhoodBernd Woitsch
University Children s Hospital Munich, Munich, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 135:319-24. 2004..Numerous polymorphisms have been identified in the coding region of the IL4 receptor alpha chain (IL4Ra) and previous association studies have shown conflicting results...
- IL-4 induces IL-13-independent allergic airway inflammationCharles Perkins
Division of Immunology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:410-9. 2006..The nonredundant role of IL-13 could reflect unique IL-13 activation of a signaling pathway, inhibitory effects induced by IL-4 but not IL-13, or greater production-potency of IL-13 than IL-4...
- Common variations in the IL4R gene affect splicing and influence natural expression of the soluble isoformAnn Marie Bergin
Department of Clinical Immunology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Mutat 27:990-8. 2006We previously found the soluble interleukin 4 receptor (sIL4R) to be differently expressed in allergic asthma patients compared to healthy individuals. Here we present data demonstrating the involvement of the sequence variations, c...
- Overexpression of interleukin-13 induces minimal-change-like nephropathy in ratsKin Wai Lai
Department of Pediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1476-85. 2007....
- Association between Q551R IL4R genetic variants and atopic asthma risk demonstrated by meta-analysisMatthew J Loza
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:578-85. 2007..However, the results from studies testing for associations of the I50V and Q551R IL4R genetic variants are conflicting...
- The effects of estrogen and testosterone on gene expression in the rat mesenteric arteriesKathleen M Eyster
Division of Basic Biomedical Science, Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD 57069, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 47:238-47. 2007..3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, interleukin 4 receptor, JunB and c-Fos expression were increased by estrogen but not by testosterone...
- Identification of soluble interleukin-4 receptor in rat glomerular epithelial cells(1)G Chen
Department of Molecular Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35 2 Sakaecho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1452:79-88. 1999..By using this recombinant sIL-4R, we proved that sIL-4R can antagonize the IL-4-induced proliferation of spleen cells. Present study demonstrated that sIL-4R is expressed in kidney cells and antagonistically functional...
- Inflammation of Myofibroblasts and Loss of Elastic Recoil in Severe AsthmaSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completing these aims should lead to an improved understanding of the contribution of inflammation and injury repair in the small airways/alveoli to the development of severe asthma. These findings may improve therapy as well. ..
- Gene Expession in Conditioned Taste AversionLouis Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2002..As such, it represents a more realistic view of the way in which a system as complex as the brain likely processes and encodes experiential information. ..
- TGF-BETA AND MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN AIRWAY REPAIRSally Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Th2 effects on eicosanoid pathways: implications for altered innate responses inSally E Wenzel; Fiscal Year: 2010..These three aims should provide new insights into how relationships between innate and adaptive/allergic immune responses influence inflammatory/repair, and finally clinical outcomes in chronic and acute asthma. ..