Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: interleukin 8
Description: C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 8
Alias: IL-8, IL8, interleukin-8, C-X-C motif chemokine 8, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 8, neutrophil activating peptide 1
- Functional characterisation of bovine interleukin 8 promoter haplotypes in vitroKieran G Meade
Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc, Grange, Co Meath, Ireland
Mol Immunol 50:108-16. 2012b>Interleukin 8 (IL-8) is a major mediator of the innate immune response and polymorphisms in this gene are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory disease in humans...
- Effect of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) on expression of IL-8 (interleukin-8), IL-1beta and their receptors in bovine theca cellsChiaki Murayama
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
Cell Biol Int 34:531-6. 2010..Taken together, our data suggested that VEGF is associated with the IL system in theca cells in bovine ovary...
- The chemokine IL8 is up-regulated in bovine endometrial stromal cells by the BoHV-4 IE2 gene product, ORF50/Rta: a step ahead toward a mechanism for BoHV-4 induced endometritisGaetano Donofrio
Sezione di Malattie Infettive degli Animali, Dipartimento di Salute Animale, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
Biol Reprod 83:919-28. 2010..These infections are characterized by inflammation of the endometrium and secretion of the chemokine interleukin 8 (IL8), which attracts granulocytes to the endometrium...
- Molecular cloning and expression of bovine interleukin-8M A Morsey
Veterinary Infectious Disease Organization, Saskatoon, Canada
Microb Pathog 20:203-12. 1996..coli endotoxins showed that a relatively low level of P. haemolytica endotoxin induced high levels of bovine IL-8 mRNA. The significance of these findings in the pathogenesis of bovine pneumonia caused by P. haemolytica is discussed...
- Late production of CXCL8 in ruminant oro-nasal turbinate cells in response to Chlamydia abortus infectionL Doull
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Edinburgh EH26 0PZ, Scotland, UK The Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 168:97-102. 2015..The production of innate immune cytokines from cattle and sheep turbinate cells in response to C. abortus infection was found to be largely similar. ..
- Association of IL8 -105G/A with mastitis somatic cell score in Chinese Holstein dairy cowsRenjin Chen
a Laboratory Animal Center, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China
Anim Biotechnol 26:143-7. 2015The single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the 5' upstream of bovine IL8 gene were investigated in 810 Chinese Holstein cows from 35 bull families in a dairy farm in Shanghai using polymerase chain reaction-single strand conformation ..
- Effects of IL8 and immune cells on the regulation of luteal progesterone secretionHeather Talbott
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular BiologyUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5870, USADepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyOlson Center for Women s Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3255, USADepartment of Pathology and MicrobiologyUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5900, USAUnited States Department of Agriculture U S Meat Animal Research CenterClay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USADepartment of Animal ScienceUniversity of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0908, USAVA Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System and Olson Center for Women s HealthDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 983255 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3255, USADepartment of Biochemistry and Molecular BiologyUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5870, USADepartment of Obstetrics and GynecologyOlson Center for Women s Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3255, USADepartment of Pathology and MicrobiologyUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5900, USAUnited States Department of Agriculture U S Meat Animal Research CenterClay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USADepartment of Animal ScienceUniversity of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0908, USAVA Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System and Olson Center for Women s HealthDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie
Reproduction 148:21-31. 2014..Our objective was to identify chemokines induced by PGF in vivo and to determine the effects of interleukin 8 (IL8) on specific luteal cell types in vitro...
- Altered expression of inflammation-associated genes in oviductal cells following follicular fluid exposure: implications for ovarian carcinogenesisAngela Lau
Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, M5T 3H7 Canada
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 239:24-32. 2014..Exposure to follicular fluid transiently increased the transcript levels of interleukin 8 (IL8) and cyclooxygenase 2 (PTGS2), and decreased the expression of mitochondrial superoxide dismutase (SOD2), ..
- An NF-κB-independent and Erk1/2-dependent mechanism controls CXCL8/IL-8 responses of airway epithelial cells to cadmiumEstelle Cormet-Boyaka
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Toxicol Sci 125:418-29. 2012..epithelial cells in cadmium-induced lung inflammation, we investigated how cadmium regulates secretion of interleukin 8 (IL-8) by airway epithelial cells...
- In vivo imaging of transiently transgenized mice with a bovine interleukin 8 (CXCL8) promoter/luciferase reporter constructFabio Franco Stellari
Dipartimento di Salute Animale, Sezione di Malattie Infettive degli Animali, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e39716. 2012One of the most remarkable properties of interleukin 8 (CXCL8/IL-8), a chemokine with known additional functions also in angiogenesis and tissue remodeling, is the variation of its expression levels...
- Polymorphisms of the IL8 gene correlate with milking traits, SCS and mRNA level in Chinese HolsteinRenjin Chen
Animal Science and Technology College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:4083-8. 2011To explore the relation of Interleukin-8 (IL8) gene polymorphism with immunity against mastitis in dairy cow, the polymorphism of IL8 gene was investigated in 610 Chinese Holstein cow from 30 bull families in a dairy farm in Shanghai ..
- Evidence that polymorphonuclear neutrophils infiltrate into the developing corpus luteum and promote angiogenesis with interleukin-8 in the cowSineenard Jiemtaweeboon
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro 080 8555, Japan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:79. 2011..We therefore hypothesized that neutrophils infiltrate in the developing CL from just after ovulation and may play a role in angiogenesis of the CL...
- [Genetic polymorphism of the IL8 gene and its associations with milk traits and SCS in Chinese Holstein]Ren Jin Chen
College of Animal Science and Technology, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
Yi Chuan 32:1256-62. 2010The polymorphism of Interleukin-8 (IL8) gene were investigated for 610 Chinese Holstein cows of 30 bull families from a dairy farm in Shanghai using Polymerase Chain Reaction-Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism (PCR-SSCP) technique ..
- Lingual antimicrobial peptide and IL-8 expression are oppositely regulated by the antagonistic effects of NF-κB p65 and C/EBPβ in mammary epithelial cellsShuzhen Liu
University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Immunol 48:895-908. 2011....
- Bovine TLR2 and TLR4 properly transduce signals from Staphylococcus aureus and E. coli, but S. aureus fails to both activate NF-kappaB in mammary epithelial cells and to quickly induce TNFalpha and interleukin-8 (CXCL8) expression in the udderWei Yang
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals FBN, Wilhelm Stahl Allee 2, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Mol Immunol 45:1385-97. 2008..Rather, the pathogen causing subclinical mastitis impairs NF-kappaB activation in MEC thereby severely weakening the immune response in the udder...
- Identification and characterization of a new interleukin-8 receptor in bovine speciesHichem Lahouassa
INRA, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Santé Publique IASP, Nouzilly F 37380, France
Mol Immunol 45:1153-64. 2008..These results constitute a basis to improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms implicated in the recruitment of bovine neutrophils...
- Quantitation of the cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-8 and IL-10 in bovine milk using real-time TaqMan PCRA Peli
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Internal Medicine Section, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bologna, Ozzano Emilia, Italy
Vet Res Commun 28:359-62. 2004
- Selection and use of SNP markers for animal identification and paternity analysis in U.S. beef cattleMichael P Heaton
USDA, ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center MARC, State Spur 18D, P O Box 166, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USA
Mamm Genome 13:272-81. 2002..Knowledge of these additional sites, together with the 32 target SNPs, allows the design of robust, accurate genotype assays on a variety of high-throughput SNP genotyping platforms...
- The importance of interleukin-8 as a neutrophil chemoattractant in the lungs of cattle with pneumonic pasteurellosisJ L Caswell
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Can J Vet Res 65:229-32. 2001..These data indicate that IL-8 is an important neutrophil chemoattractant in calves with pneumonic pasteurellosis, but that mediators with actions redundant to those of IL-8 must also be present in the lesions...
- Interleukin-8 haplotype structure from nucleotide sequence variation in commercial populations of U.S. beef cattleM P Heaton
USDA, ARS, US Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USA
Mamm Genome 12:219-26. 2001..The latter is a requisite for epidemiological studies designed to test whether IL8 alleles are risk factors for acquiring or maintaining bacterial infections in production environments...
- Identification and genetic mapping of bovine chemokine genes expressed in epithelial cellsM P Heaton
U S Department of Agriculture, ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center MARC, State Spur 18D, P O Box 166, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933 0166, USA
Mamm Genome 10:128-33. 1999..Sequence analysis showed that both transcripts encoded members of the alpha C-X-C chemokine family; one was interleukin 8 (IL-8), and the other was a protein closely related to bovine growth-regulated protein (GRO)-gamma (89% ..