Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: interleukin 8
Description: C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 8
Alias: IL-8, IL8, interleukin-8, C-X-C motif chemokine 8, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 8, neutrophil activating peptide 1
Products: interleukin 8
- Murayama C, Kaji A, Miyauchi K, Matsui M, Miyamoto A, Shimizu T. Effect of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) on expression of IL-8 (interleukin-8), IL-1beta and their receptors in bovine theca cells. Cell Biol Int. 2010;34:531-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggested that VEGF is associated with the IL system in theca cells in bovine ovary...
- Meade K, O Gorman G, Narciandi F, MacHugh D, O Farrelly C. Functional characterisation of bovine interleukin 8 promoter haplotypes in vitro. Mol Immunol. 2012;50:108-16 pubmed publisherb>Interleukin 8 (IL-8) is a major mediator of the innate immune response and polymorphisms in this gene are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory disease in humans...
- Donofrio G, Capocefalo A, Franceschi V, Price S, Cavirani S, Sheldon I. The chemokine IL8 is up-regulated in bovine endometrial stromal cells by the BoHV-4 IE2 gene product, ORF50/Rta: a step ahead toward a mechanism for BoHV-4 induced endometritis. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:919-28 pubmed publisher..These infections are characterized by inflammation of the endometrium and secretion of the chemokine interleukin 8 (IL8), which attracts granulocytes to the endometrium...
- Morsey M, Popowych Y, Kowalski J, Gerlach G, Godson D, Campos M, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of bovine interleukin-8. Microb Pathog. 1996;20:203-12 pubmed..coli endotoxins showed that a relatively low level of P. haemolytica endotoxin induced high levels of bovine IL-8 mRNA. The significance of these findings in the pathogenesis of bovine pneumonia caused by P. haemolytica is discussed. ..
- Doull L, Wattegedera S, Longbottom D, Mwangi D, Nath M, Glass E, et al. Late production of CXCL8 in ruminant oro-nasal turbinate cells in response to Chlamydia abortus infection. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2015;168:97-102 pubmed publisher..The production of innate immune cytokines from cattle and sheep turbinate cells in response to C. abortus infection was found to be largely similar. ..
- Heaton M, Harhay G, Bennett G, Stone R, Grosse W, Casas E, et al. Selection and use of SNP markers for animal identification and paternity analysis in U.S. beef cattle. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:272-81 pubmed..Knowledge of these additional sites, together with the 32 target SNPs, allows the design of robust, accurate genotype assays on a variety of high-throughput SNP genotyping platforms. ..
- Cormet Boyaka E, Jolivette K, Bonnegarde Bernard A, Rennolds J, Hassan F, Mehta P, et al. An NF-?B-independent and Erk1/2-dependent mechanism controls CXCL8/IL-8 responses of airway epithelial cells to cadmium. Toxicol Sci. 2012;125:418-29 pubmed publisher..epithelial cells in cadmium-induced lung inflammation, we investigated how cadmium regulates secretion of interleukin 8 (IL-8) by airway epithelial cells...
- Cronin J, Kanamarlapudi V, Thornton C, Sheldon I. Signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 licenses Toll-like receptor 4-dependent interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-8 production via IL-6 receptor-positive feedback in endometrial cells. Mucosal Immunol. 2016;9:1125-36 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a mechanistic insight into how elevated IL-6 concentrations in the postpartum endometrium during bacterial infection leads to marked and sustained neutrophil infiltration. ..
- Talbott H, Delaney A, Zhang P, Yu Y, Cushman R, Cupp A, et al. Effects of IL8 and immune cells on the regulation of luteal progesterone secretion. Reproduction. 2014;148:21-31 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to identify chemokines induced by PGF in vivo and to determine the effects of interleukin 8 (IL8) on specific luteal cell types in vitro...
- Lau A, Kollara A, St John E, Tone A, Virtanen C, Greenblatt E, et al. Altered expression of inflammation-associated genes in oviductal cells following follicular fluid exposure: implications for ovarian carcinogenesis. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2014;239:24-32 pubmed publisher..Exposure to follicular fluid transiently increased the transcript levels of interleukin 8 (IL8) and cyclooxygenase 2 (PTGS2), and decreased the expression of mitochondrial superoxide dismutase (SOD2), ..
- Stellari F, Franceschi V, Capocefalo A, Ronchei M, Facchinetti F, Villetti G, et al. In vivo imaging of transiently transgenized mice with a bovine interleukin 8 (CXCL8) promoter/luciferase reporter construct. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39716 pubmed publisherOne of the most remarkable properties of interleukin 8 (CXCL8/IL-8), a chemokine with known additional functions also in angiogenesis and tissue remodeling, is the variation of its expression levels...
- Chen R, Yang Z, Mao Y, Chen Y, Chang L, Ji D, et al. [Genetic polymorphism of the IL8 gene and its associations with milk traits and SCS in Chinese Holstein]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:1256-62 pubmedThe polymorphism of Interleukin-8 (IL8) gene were investigated for 610 Chinese Holstein cows of 30 bull families from a dairy farm in Shanghai using Polymerase Chain Reaction-Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism (PCR-SSCP) technique ..
- Yang W, Zerbe H, Petzl W, Brunner R, Günther J, Draing C, et al. Bovine TLR2 and TLR4 properly transduce signals from Staphylococcus aureus and E. coli, but S. aureus fails to both activate NF-kappaB in mammary epithelial cells and to quickly induce TNFalpha and interleukin-8 (CXCL8) expression in the udder. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1385-97 pubmed..Rather, the pathogen causing subclinical mastitis impairs NF-kappaB activation in MEC thereby severely weakening the immune response in the udder. ..
- Peli A, Luciani A, De Santis P, Polci A, Britti D. Quantitation of the cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-8 and IL-10 in bovine milk using real-time TaqMan PCR. Vet Res Commun. 2004;28 Suppl 1:359-62 pubmed
- Caswell J, Middleton D, Gordon J. The importance of interleukin-8 as a neutrophil chemoattractant in the lungs of cattle with pneumonic pasteurellosis. Can J Vet Res. 2001;65:229-32 pubmed..These data indicate that IL-8 is an important neutrophil chemoattractant in calves with pneumonic pasteurellosis, but that mediators with actions redundant to those of IL-8 must also be present in the lesions...
- Cockrum R, Speidel S, Salak Johnson J, Chase C, Peel R, Weaber R, et al. Genetic parameters estimated at receiving for circulating cortisol, immunoglobulin G, interleukin 8, and incidence of bovine respiratory disease in feedlot beef steers. J Anim Sci. 2016;94:2770-8 pubmed publisher..42 ± 0.28), IgG1 (0.36 ± 0.32), and IL-8 ( = 0.26 ± 0.26). Variation in the BRD phenotype and immune system traits suggested herd health improvement may be achieved through genetic selection. ..
- El Shafaey E, Ateya A, Ramadan H, Saleh R, Elseady Y, Abo El Fadl E, et al. Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in IL8 and TLR4 Genes as Candidates for Digital Dermatitis Resistance/Susceptibility in Holstein Cattle. Anim Biotechnol. 2017;28:131-137 pubmed publisherRelatedness between single nucleotide polymorphisms in IL8 and TLR4 genes and digital dermatitis resistance/susceptibility was investigated in seventy Holstein dairy cows...
- Stojkovic B, McLoughlin R, Meade K. In vivo relevance of polymorphic Interleukin 8 promoter haplotype for the systemic immune response to LPS in Holstein-Friesian calves. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2016;182:1-10 pubmed publisherb>Interleukin 8, also known as CXC chemokine ligand 8 (CXCL8), is a critical chemokine in the recruitment of leukocytes to sites of infection and is a potent mediator of inflammation...
- Jiemtaweeboon S, Shirasuna K, Nitta A, Kobayashi A, Schuberth H, Shimizu T, et al. Evidence that polymorphonuclear neutrophils infiltrate into the developing corpus luteum and promote angiogenesis with interleukin-8 in the cow. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2011;9:79 pubmed publisher..We therefore hypothesized that neutrophils infiltrate in the developing CL from just after ovulation and may play a role in angiogenesis of the CL...
- Chen R, Yang Z, Ji D, Mao Y, Chen Y, Li Y, et al. Polymorphisms of the IL8 gene correlate with milking traits, SCS and mRNA level in Chinese Holstein. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:4083-8 pubmed publisherTo explore the relation of Interleukin-8 (IL8) gene polymorphism with immunity against mastitis in dairy cow, the polymorphism of IL8 gene was investigated in 610 Chinese Holstein cow from 30 bull families in a dairy farm in Shanghai ..
- Heaton M, Chitko McKnown C, Grosse W, Keele J, Keen J, Laegreid W. Interleukin-8 haplotype structure from nucleotide sequence variation in commercial populations of U.S. beef cattle. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:219-26 pubmed..The latter is a requisite for epidemiological studies designed to test whether IL8 alleles are risk factors for acquiring or maintaining bacterial infections in production environments...
- Chen R, Wang Z, Yang Z, Zhu X, Ji D, Mao Y. Association of IL8 -105G/A with mastitis somatic cell score in Chinese Holstein dairy cows. Anim Biotechnol. 2015;26:143-7 pubmed publisherThe single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the 5' upstream of bovine IL8 gene were investigated in 810 Chinese Holstein cows from 35 bull families in a dairy farm in Shanghai using polymerase chain reaction-single strand conformation ..
- Lahouassa H, Rainard P, Caraty A, Riollet C. Identification and characterization of a new interleukin-8 receptor in bovine species. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1153-64 pubmed..These results constitute a basis to improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms implicated in the recruitment of bovine neutrophils. ..
- Heaton M, Laegreid W, Beattie C, Smith T, Kappes S. Identification and genetic mapping of bovine chemokine genes expressed in epithelial cells. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:128-33 pubmed..Sequence analysis showed that both transcripts encoded members of the alpha C-X-C chemokine family; one was interleukin 8 (IL-8), and the other was a protein closely related to bovine growth-regulated protein (GRO)-gamma (89% ..