Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GCG
- Drucker D. Glucagon-like peptides: regulators of cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:161-71 pubmed publisher..The glucagon-like peptides, GLP-1 and GLP-2 are prototype peptide hormones released from gut endocrine cells in response to ..
- Lopez L, Frazier M, Su C, Kumar A, Saunders G. Mammalian pancreatic preproglucagon contains three glucagon-related peptides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:5485-9 pubmed..DNA oligomers constructed to correspond to the six carboxyl-terminal amino acids (residues 24-29) of mature glucagon. Restriction mapping of six of these clones suggested that they represented a single mRNA species...
- Braun W, Wider G, Lee K, Wuthrich K. Conformation of glucagon in a lipid-water interphase by 1H nuclear magnetic resonance. J Mol Biol. 1983;169:921-48 pubmedA determination of the spatial structure of the polypeptide hormone glucagon bound to perdeuterated dodecylphosphocholine micelles is described...
- Segner H, Blair J, Wirtz G, Miller M. Cultured trout liver cells: utilization of substrates and response to hormones. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 1994;30A:306-11 pubmed..and glycerol for glucose and lactate formation; b) the effects of the pancreatic hormones insulin and glucagon on cellular glucose formation, lactate formation, and fatty acid synthesis; and c) the effects of insulin and ..
- Taylor Edwards C, Burrin D, Matthews J, McLeod K, Holst J, Harmon D. Expression of mRNA for proglucagon and glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) receptor in the ruminant gastrointestinal tract and the influence of energy intake. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010;39:181-93 pubmed publisherb>Glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) is a potent trophic gut hormone, yet its function in ruminants is relatively unknown...
- Bromer W, Boucher M, Kofenberger J. Amino acid sequence of bovine glucagon. J Biol Chem. 1971;246:2822-7 pubmed
- . Glucagon-like Peptide 2. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 1999;10:153-156 pubmedb>Glucagon-like peptide 2 (GLP-2) is secreted in a nutrient-dependent manner from enteroendocrine cells throughout the gastrointestinal tract and is trophic to the intestinal epithelial mucosa...