Gene Symbol: MX1
Description: MX dynamin like GTPase 1
Alias: GTPase, interferon-induced GTP-binding protein Mx, dynamin family GTP-binding, interferon-inducible Mx protein, myxocirus-resistance protein, myxovirus (influenza virus) resistance 1, interferon-inducible protein p78, myxovirus resistance protein 1, myxovirus resistence, myxovirus-resistance protein
- Ewald S, Kapczynski D, Livant E, Suarez D, Ralph J, McLeod S, et al. Association of Mx1 Asn631 variant alleles with reductions in morbidity, early mortality, viral shedding, and cytokine responses in chickens infected with a highly pathogenic avian influenza virus. Immunogenetics. 2011;63:363-75 pubmed publisher..According to an early report, chicken Mx1 variants encoding Asn at position 631 have antiviral activity, whereas variants with Ser at 631 lack activity in ..
- Schusser B, Reuter A, von der Malsburg A, Penski N, Weigend S, Kaspers B, et al. Mx is dispensable for interferon-mediated resistance of chicken cells against influenza A virus. J Virol. 2011;85:8307-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that both isoforms of chicken Mx protein appear to lack GTPase activity, which might explain the observed lack of antiviral activity.
- Wang Y, Brahmakshatriya V, Lupiani B, Reddy S, Okimoto R, Li X, et al. Associations of chicken Mx1 polymorphism with antiviral responses in avian influenza virus infected embryos and broilers. Poult Sci. 2012;91:3019-24 pubmed publisher..In this study, the embryos and young chicks were generated from the cross of Mx1 heterozygous (S631N) parents with an expected segregating ratio of 1:2:1 in the progeny...
- Matsuu A, Kobayashi T, Patchimasiri T, Shiina T, Suzuki S, Chaichoune K, et al. Pathogenicity of Genetically Similar, H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus Strains in Chicken and the Differences in Sensitivity among Different Chicken Breeds. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153649 pubmed publisher..Although polymorphisms were observed in the Mx and MHC class I genes, there was no significant association between the polymorphisms in these loci and resistance to HPAIV. ..
- Schumacher B, Bernasconi D, Schultz U, Staeheli P. The chicken Mx promoter contains an ISRE motif and confers interferon inducibility to a reporter gene in chick and monkey cells. Virology. 1994;203:144-8 pubmed..The exon/intron structure of the chicken Mx gene resembles that of the mouse Mx1 gene: exon 1 is very small, the first intron contains a noncoding exon 1' that is alternatively spliced in ..
- Li X, Qu L, Yao J, Yang N. Skewed allele frequencies of an Mx gene mutation with potential resistance to avian influenza virus in different chicken populations. Poult Sci. 2006;85:1327-9 pubmed..The results suggested that further studies are needed with regard to the genetic resistance to avian influenza in different populations with various domestication background and selection history. ..
- Sasaki K, Yoneda A, Ninomiya A, Kawahara M, Watanabe T. Both antiviral activity and intracellular localization of chicken Mx protein depend on a polymorphism at amino acid position 631. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:161-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that a single amino acid polymorphism at 631 aa of the chicken Mx protein altered both the antiviral activity and intracellular localization. ..
- Tong Y, Chen Y, Xu Q, Zhu Z, Yu Q, Zhang Y, et al. [Ectopic expression of duck albumin down-regulates the expressions of IFN-? and myxovirus resistance 1 mRNA in DF-1 cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014;30:917-20 pubmed..impact of duck albumin (ALB) gene on the mRNA expression levels of interferon ? (IFN-?) and myxovirus resistance-1 (Mx1)...