Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CEBPB
Description: CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta
Alias: NF-M, CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta, CCAAT box/enhancer binding protein beta, CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP), beta, CCR protein, c/EBP beta, transcription factor NF-M
- Burk O, Mink S, Ringwald M, Klempnauer K. Synergistic activation of the chicken mim-1 gene by v-myb and C/EBP transcription factors. EMBO J. 1993;12:2027-38 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for C/EBP beta, and possibly for other C/EBP transcription factors, in v-myb function and in myeloid-specific gene activation...
- Steinmann S, Schulte K, Beck K, Chachra S, Bujnicki T, Klempnauer K. v-Myc inhibits C/EBPbeta activity by preventing C/EBPbeta-induced phosphorylation of the co-activator p300. Oncogene. 2009;28:2446-55 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings that the modulation of the C/EBPbeta-induced phosphorylation of p300 as a new mechanism of transcriptional suppression by v-Myc. ..
- Kowenz Leutz E, Pless O, Dittmar G, Knoblich M, Leutz A. Crosstalk between C/EBPbeta phosphorylation, arginine methylation, and SWI/SNF/Mediator implies an indexing transcription factor code. EMBO J. 2010;29:1105-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, phosphorylation of the transcription factor C/EBPbeta couples ras signalling to arginine methylation and regulates the interaction of C/EBPbeta with epigenetic gene regulatory protein complexes during cell differentiation. ..
- Fu R, Liu R, Zhao G, Zheng M, Chen J, Wen J. Expression profiles of key transcription factors involved in lipid metabolism in Beijing-You chickens. Gene. 2014;537:120-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, all five transcription factors studied play roles in lipid metabolism in chickens with C/EBP? and PPAR? being important effectors. ..
- Katz S, Kowenz Leutz E, Muller C, Meese K, Ness S, Leutz A. The NF-M transcription factor is related to C/EBP beta and plays a role in signal transduction, differentiation and leukemogenesis of avian myelomonocytic cells. EMBO J. 1993;12:1321-32 pubmed..Our data indicate that NF-M plays a key role in myelomonocytic differentiation, in signal transduction during macrophage activation and in the development of myelogenous leukemia. ..
- Kintscher J, Yamkamon V, Braas D, Klempnauer K. Identification of a Myb-responsive enhancer of the chicken C/EBPbeta gene. Oncogene. 2004;23:5807-14 pubmed..Apart from the identification of a novel Myb-dependent enhancer, our work demonstrates the potential of chromatin structure analysis for the identification of Myb target sites. ..
- Goethe R, Basler T, Phi van L. Regulation of C/EBPbeta mRNA expression and C/EBPbeta promoter activity by protein kinases A and C in a myelomonocytic cell line (HD11). Inflamm Res. 2007;56:274-81 pubmed
- Plachetka A, Chayka O, Wilczek C, Melnik S, Bonifer C, Klempnauer K. C/EBPbeta induces chromatin opening at a cell-type-specific enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2102-12 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a novel function for C/EBPbeta in the initial steps of a localized chromatin opening at a specific, physiologically relevant target region. ..