Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: c myc
Description: MYC proto-oncogene, bHLH transcription factor
Alias: c-myc, myc proto-oncogene protein, v-myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene-like protein
Products: c myc
- Crouch D, Fisher F, La Rocca S, Goding C, Gillespie D. Viral mutations enhance the Max binding properties of the vMyc b-HLH-LZ domain. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5235-42 pubmed..We therefore propose that this virally derived mutation is functional by significantly contributing to establishing a more hydrophobic interface between the LZs of Myc and Max. ..
- Harris L, Talian J, Zelenka P. Contrasting patterns of c-myc and N-myc expression in proliferating, quiescent, and differentiating cells of the embryonic chicken lens. Development. 1992;115:813-20 pubmed
- Zinin N, Adameyko I, Wilhelm M, Fritz N, Uhl n P, Ernfors P, et al. MYC proteins promote neuronal differentiation by controlling the mode of progenitor cell division. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:383-91 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unexpected role of MYC in the control of stemness versus differentiation of neural stem cells in vivo...
- Desbiens X, Queva C, Jaffredo T, Stehelin D, Vandenbunder B. The relationship between cell proliferation and the transcription of the nuclear oncogenes c-myc, c-myb and c-ets-1 during feather morphogenesis in the chick embryo. Development. 1991;111:699-713 pubmed..We suggest that the differential expression of these nuclear oncogenes reflects the activation of different mitotic controlling pathways during the development of the skin. ..
- Linial M, Groudine M. Transcription of three c-myc exons is enhanced in chicken bursal lymphoma cell lines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1985;82:53-7 pubmed..The pattern of c-myc transcription observed by others in a vast majority of avian leukosis virus-induced neoplasms is not observed in any of the five cell lines examined. ..
- Watson D, Reddy E, Duesberg P, Papas T. Nucleotide sequence analysis of the chicken c-myc gene reveals homologous and unique coding regions by comparison with the transforming gene of avian myelocytomatosis virus MC29, delta gag-myc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:2146-50 pubmed..The hybrid onc gene of MC29 must have been generated from the c-myc gene by deletion of the 5' cellular coding sequence, followed by substitution with the 5' region of the viral gag gene. ..
- Shkreli M, Dambrine G, Soubieux D, Kut E, Rasschaert D. Involvement of the oncoprotein c-Myc in viral telomerase RNA gene regulation during Marek's disease virus-induced lymphomagenesis. J Virol. 2007;81:4848-57 pubmed..Finally, an Ets binding site was specifically implicated in the transcriptional regulation of vTR in the MDV-transformed lymphoblastoid cell line MSB-1. ..
- Li Y, Liu X, Yang Z, Xu C, Liu D, Qin J, et al. The MYC, TERT, and ZIC1 genes are common targets of viral integration and transcriptional deregulation in avian leukosis virus subgroup J-induced myeloid leukosis. J Virol. 2014;88:3182-91 pubmed publisher..In addition, the CIS genes showed deregulated expression compared to nontumor samples. These results have potentially important implications for the mechanism of viral carcinogenesis. ..
- Luscher B, Kuenzel E, Krebs E, Eisenman R. Myc oncoproteins are phosphorylated by casein kinase II. EMBO J. 1989;8:1111-9 pubmed..Since CK-II can be rapidly activated after mitogen treatment we postulate that CK-II mediated phosphorylation of Myc plays a role in signal transduction to the nucleus. ..
- Hahn M, Hayward W. Absence of missense mutations in activated c-myc genes in avian leukosis virus-induced B-cell lymphomas. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:2659-63 pubmed
- Shih C, Linial M, Goodenow M, Hayward W. Nucleotide sequence 5' of the chicken c-myc coding region: localization of a noncoding exon that is absent from myc transcripts in most avian leukosis virus-induced lymphomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:4697-701 pubmed..Sequences from the upstream noncoding exon were absent from the myc transcripts in these lymphomas; RNA transcripts from the normal c-myc allele were not expressed at detectable levels. ..
- Chesters P, Howes K, Petherbridge L, Evans S, Payne L, Venugopal K. The viral envelope is a major determinant for the induction of lymphoid and myeloid tumours by avian leukosis virus subgroups A and J, respectively. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:2553-61 pubmed..Induction of both LL and ML by the two chimeric viruses occurred through the activation of c-myc, while the EB tumours were induced by activation of the c-erbB oncogene...
- Chi J, Teng M, Yu Z, Xu H, Su J, Zhao P, et al. Marek's disease virus-encoded analog of microRNA-155 activates the oncogene c-Myc by targeting LTBP1 and suppressing the TGF-? signaling pathway. Virology. 2015;476:72-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel and important mechanism of how mdv1-miR-M4-5p potentially contributes to MDV-induced tumorigenesis. ..