major surface protein 2
Gene Symbol: major surface protein 2
Description: major surface protein 2
Species: Anaplasma marginale str. St. Maries
- Expression of major surface protein 2 antigenic variants during acute Anaplasma marginale rickettsemiaG Eid
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Infect Immun 64:836-41. 1996Antigenic variants of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 2 (MSP-2), a target of protective immune responses, have been detected by use of copy-specific monoclonal antibodies reactive with some, but not all, organisms during acute ..
- Antigenic variation of Anaplasma marginale by expression of MSP2 mosaicsA F Barbet
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 0880, USA
Infect Immun 68:6133-8. 2000..marginale. A potential mechanism for persistence is segmental gene conversion of the expression site to link hypervariable msp2 sequences to the promoter and polycistron...
- The hypervariable region of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 2 (MSP2) contains multiple immunodominant CD4+ T lymphocyte epitopes that elicit variant-specific proliferative and IFN-gamma responses in MSP2 vaccinatesWendy C Brown
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
J Immunol 170:3790-8. 2003b>Major surface protein 2 (MSP2) is an immunodominant outer membrane protein of Anaplasma marginale and Anaplasma phagocytophilum pathogens that cause bovine anaplasmosis and human granulocytic ehrlichiosis, respectively...
- The immunoprotective Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 2 is encoded by a polymorphic multigene familyG H Palmer
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 7040
Infect Immun 62:3808-16. 1994..These findings support the hypothesis that A. marginale surface proteins are targets of protective immune responses but are antigenically polymorphic...
- Expression of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 2 operon-associated proteins during mammalian and arthropod infectionCHRISTIANE V LOHR
Program in Vector Borne Diseases, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 7040, USA
Infect Immun 70:6005-12. 2002The antigenically variant major surface protein 2 (MSP2) of Anaplasma marginale is expressed from a 3.5-kb operon that contains, in a 5'-to-3' direction, four open reading frames, opag3, opag2, opag1, and msp2...