G I Lepesheva
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Lepesheva G, Nes W, Zhou W, Hill G, Waterman M. CYP51 from Trypanosoma brucei is obtusifoliol-specific. Biochemistry. 2004;43:10789-99 pubmed....
- Hargrove T, Friggeri L, Wawrzak Z, Qi A, Hoekstra W, Schotzinger R, et al. Structural analyses of Candida albicans sterol 14?-demethylase complexed with azole drugs address the molecular basis of azole-mediated inhibition of fungal sterol biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6728-6743 pubmed publisher..Our comparative structural analysis outlines phylum-specific CYP51 features that could direct future rational development of more efficient broad-spectrum antifungals. ..
- Hargrove T, Garvey E, Hoekstra W, Yates C, Wawrzak Z, Rachakonda G, et al. Crystal Structure of the New Investigational Drug Candidate VT-1598 in Complex with Aspergillus fumigatus Sterol 14?-Demethylase Provides Insights into Its Broad-Spectrum Antifungal Activity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..fumigatus potency of VT-1598 and confirming its promise as a broad-spectrum antifungal agent. ..
- Lepesheva G, Waterman M. Structural basis for conservation in the CYP51 family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:88-93 pubmed publisher....
- Hargrove T, Wawrzak Z, Lamb D, Guengerich F, Lepesheva G. Structure-Functional Characterization of Cytochrome P450 Sterol 14?-Demethylase (CYP51B) from Aspergillus fumigatus and Molecular Basis for the Development of Antifungal Drugs. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:23916-34 pubmed publisher....
- Hargrove T, Friggeri L, Wawrzak Z, Sivakumaran S, Yazlovitskaya E, Hiebert S, et al. Human sterol 14?-demethylase as a target for anticancer chemotherapy: towards structure-aided drug design. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:1552-63 pubmed publisher....