- Sheng S, Perry C, Kashlan O, Kleyman T. Side chain orientation of residues lining the selectivity filter of epithelial Na+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8513-22 pubmed....
- Sheng S, Maarouf A, Bruns J, Hughey R, Kleyman T. Functional role of extracellular loop cysteine residues of the epithelial Na+ channel in Na+ self-inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20180-90 pubmed....
- Sheng S, Bruns J, Kleyman T. Extracellular histidine residues crucial for Na+ self-inhibition of epithelial Na+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9743-9 pubmed..These results suggest that these two histidine residues within the extracellular loops are crucial structural determinants for Na(+) self-inhibition. ..
- Ray E, Chen J, Kelly T, He J, Hamm L, Gu D, et al. Human epithelial Na+ channel missense variants identified in the GenSalt study alter channel activity. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;311:F908-F914 pubmed publisher..This study identifies novel functional human ENaC variants and demonstrates that some variants alter channel cell surface expression and/or Na+ self-inhibition. ..
- Agrawal P, Wang R, Li H, Schmitz Abe K, Simone Roach C, Chen J, et al. The Epithelial Sodium Channel Is a Modifier of the Long-Term Nonprogressive Phenotype Associated with F508del CFTR Mutations. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2017;57:711-720 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a potential role for Î´-ENaC in controlling sodium reabsorption in the airways, and advance the plausibility of ENaC as a therapeutic target in CF. ..