Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Sharma R, Tun N, Grayson D. Depolarization induces downregulation of DNMT1 and DNMT3a in primary cortical cultures. Epigenetics. 2008;3:74-80 pubmed..Our results support the idea that a reduction in DNA methyltransferase activity in the activated and depolarized neuron could contribute to the enhanced intensity and multiplicity of gene expression frequently reported. ..
- Chase K, Rosen C, Gin H, Bjorkquist O, Feiner B, Marvin R, et al. Metabolic and inflammatory genes in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2015;225:208-211 pubmed publisher....
- Chase K, Cone J, Rosen C, Sharma R. The value of interleukin 6 as a peripheral diagnostic marker in schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. 2016;16:152 pubmed publisher..Future utilization of peripheral IL-6 mRNA levels could be clinically useful during an initial diagnosis and help tailor individualized treatment plans for patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Melbourne J, Rosen C, Feiner B, Sharma R. C4A mRNA expression in PBMCs predicts the presence and severity of delusions in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder with psychosis. Schizophr Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These findings are noteworthy given recent findings that demonstrate a critical role for complement proteins in synaptic pruning, alterations of which are proposed to contribute to psychopathology in psychosis. ..
- Chase K, Rosen C, Rubin L, Feiner B, Bodapati A, Gin H, et al. Evidence of a sex-dependent restrictive epigenome in schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Res. 2015;65:87-94 pubmed publisher..The histone methyltransferases measured here could be potential future therapeutic targets for small molecule pharmacology. ..
- Sharma R, Grayson D, Gavin D. Histone deactylase 1 expression is increased in the prefrontal cortex of schizophrenia subjects: analysis of the National Brain Databank microarray collection. Schizophr Res. 2008;98:111-7 pubmed..These findings provide additional support for the proposal that epigenetic factors are operative in the brain pathology of patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Chase K, Feiner B, Rosen C, Gavin D, Sharma R. Characterization of peripheral cannabinoid receptor expression and clinical correlates in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2016;245:346-353 pubmed publisher..These results continue to support dysregulation of particular aspects of the endocannabinoid signaling system in participants with schizophrenia selected for the self-reported absence of marijuana abuse/dependence. ..
- Melbourne J, Chase K, Feiner B, Rosen C, Sharma R. Long non-coding and endogenous retroviral RNA levels are associated with proinflammatory cytokine mRNA expression in peripheral blood cells: Implications for schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher....