Shahrokh F Shariat
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Shariat S, Roehrborn C, McConnell J, Park S, Alam N, Wheeler T, et al. Association of the circulating levels of the urokinase system of plasminogen activation with the presence of prostate cancer and invasion, progression, and metastasis. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:349-55 pubmed..Plasma levels of uPA and uPAR are associated with features of biologically aggressive CaP, disease progression after radical prostatectomy, and metastasis. ..
- Shariat S, Herman M, Casella R, Lotan Y, Karam J, Stenman U. Urinary levels of tumor-associated trypsin inhibitor (TATI) in the detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Eur Urol. 2005;48:424-31 pubmed..Urinary level of TATI may add independent information to urinary cytology and NMP22 in the detection of bladder TCC. TATI seems to outperform NMP22 for bladder TCC detection. ..
- Shariat S, Ashfaq R, Sagalowsky A, Lotan Y. Correlation of cyclin D1 and E1 expression with bladder cancer presence, invasion, progression, and metastasis. Hum Pathol. 2006;37:1568-76 pubmed..Cyclin E1 expression stratifies patients with bladder transitional cell carcinoma into those with more "indolent" behavior and those with features of biologically and clinically aggressive disease. ..
- Shariat S, Ashfaq R, Sagalowsky A, Lotan Y. Association of cyclin D1 and E1 expression with disease progression and biomarkers in patients with nonmuscle-invasive urothelial cell carcinoma of the bladder. Urol Oncol. 2007;25:468-75 pubmed..Tissue expression of cyclin D1 or E1 seems not to add independent prognostic value to standard features in patients with nonmuscle -invasive urothelial cell carcinoma of the bladder. ..
- Shariat S, Jenkins A, Roehrborn C, Karam J, Stage K, Karakiewicz P. Features and outcomes of patients with grade IV renal injury. BJU Int. 2008;102:728-33; discussion 733 pubmed publisher....