Patrick J Pagano
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Rodriguez A, Csanyi G, Ranayhossaini D, Feck D, Blose K, Assatourian L, et al. MEF2B-Nox1 signaling is critical for stretch-induced phenotypic modulation of vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:430-8 pubmed publisher..The data also characterize a new Nox1 inhibitor as a potential therapy for treatment of vascular dysfunction in hypertension. ..
- Al Ghouleh I, Rodriguez A, Pagano P, Csanyi G. Proteomic analysis identifies an NADPH oxidase 1 (Nox1)-mediated role for actin-related protein 2/3 complex subunit 2 (ARPC2) in promoting smooth muscle cell migration. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:20220-35 pubmed publisher..Importantly, gene silencing of ARPC2 suppressed H2O2-stimulated VSMC migration. These results demonstrate for the first time that Nox1-mediated VSMC migration involves ARPC2 as a downstream signaling target. ..
- Mukawera E, Chartier S, Williams V, Pagano P, Lapointe R, Grandvaux N. Redox-modulating agents target NOX2-dependent IKK? oncogenic kinase expression and proliferation in human breast cancer cell lines. Redox Biol. 2015;6:9-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that redox-modulating compounds targeting NOX2 could present a particular therapeutic interest in combination therapy against breast carcinomas exhibiting IKK? amplification. ..
- Al Ghouleh I, Meijles D, Mutchler S, Zhang Q, Sahoo S, Gorelova A, et al. Binding of EBP50 to Nox organizing subunit p47phox is pivotal to cellular reactive species generation and altered vascular phenotype. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5308-17 pubmed publisher....
- Li Y, Pagano P. Microvascular NADPH oxidase in health and disease. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;109:33-47 pubmed publisher....
- Ghouleh I, Sahoo S, Meijles D, Amaral J, de Jesus D, Sembrat J, et al. Endothelial Nox1 oxidase assembly in human pulmonary arterial hypertension; driver of Gremlin1-mediated proliferation. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:2019-2035 pubmed publisher..These findings also support targeting of Nox1 as a viable therapeutic option to combat PAH. ..
- Meijles D, Sahoo S, Al Ghouleh I, Amaral J, Bienes Martínez R, Knupp H, et al. The matricellular protein TSP1 promotes human and mouse endothelial cell senescence through CD47 and Nox1. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide insights into the functional interplay between TSP1 and Nox1 in the regulation of endothelial senescence and suggest potential targets for controlling the aging process at the molecular level. ..