Ashim K Mitra
Affiliation: University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Ray A, Mandal A, Joseph M, Mitra A. Recent Patents on Nanoparticles and Nanoformulations for Cancer Therapy. Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul. 2016;10:11-23 pubmed..This manuscript will review different aspects of nanoparticles and recent research advances and patents for treatment of cancer. ..
- Ray A, Mandal A, Mitra A. Recent Patents in Pulmonary Delivery of Macromolecules. Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul. 2015;9:225-36 pubmed..The diseases targeted by these therapeutic molecules are varied including but not limited to different forms of cancer, respiratory diseases etc. ..
- Vaishya R, Mandal A, Gokulgandhi M, Patel S, Mitra A. Reversible hydrophobic ion-paring complex strategy to minimize acylation of octreotide during long-term delivery from PLGA microparticles. Int J Pharm. 2015;489:237-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HIP complexation could be a viable strategy to minimize acylation of peptides and proteins during extended release from lactide and glycolide based polymers. ..
- Cholkar K, Trinh H, Pal D, Mitra A. Discovery of novel inhibitors for the treatment of glaucoma. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2015;10:293-313 pubmed publisher..In the near future, microRNA intervention may be considered as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Patel S, Vaishya R, Yang X, Pal D, Mitra A. Novel thermosensitive pentablock copolymers for sustained delivery of proteins in the treatment of posterior segment diseases. Protein Pept Lett. 2014;21:1185-200 pubmed..Owing to biodegradability, thermosensi- tivity, ease of handling and biocompatibility PBC hydrogels can be considered as promising biomaterial for sustained de- livery of protein therapeutics to the back of the eye. ..
- Cholkar K, Gilger B, Mitra A. Topical delivery of aqueous micellar resolvin E1 analog (RX-10045). Int J Pharm. 2016;498:326-34 pubmed publisher..Topical aqueous formulations may be employed to treat posterior ocular diseases. Such micellar topical formulations may be more patient acceptable over invasive routes of administrations such as intravitreal injection/implants. ..
- Vadlapatla R, Pal D, Mitra A. Uptake and Permeability Studies to Delineate the Role of Efflux Transporters. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1395:69-74 pubmed publisher..This chapter presents a method of performing uptake and permeability studies, including the preparation of various buffers required for the study. ..
- Bisht R, Mandal A, Rupenthal I, Mitra A. Ex vivo investigation of ocular tissue distribution following intravitreal administration of connexin43 mimetic peptide using the microdialysis technique and LC-MS/MS. Drug Deliv Transl Res. 2016;6:763-770 pubmed..This ex vivo model may therefore be a useful tool to investigate intravitreal kinetics and ocular disposition of therapeutic molecules after intravitreal injection. ..
- Mandal A, Pal D, Mitra A. Circumvention of P-gp and MRP2 mediated efflux of lopinavir by a histidine based dipeptide prodrug. Int J Pharm. 2016;512:49-60 pubmed publisher..Histidine based dipeptide prodrug approach can be an alternative strategy to improve LPV absorption across poorly permeable intestinal barrier. ..
- Mandal A, Pal D, Agrahari V, Trinh H, Joseph M, Mitra A. Ocular delivery of proteins and peptides: Challenges and novel formulation approaches. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2018;126:67-95 pubmed publisher..We will also describe the current state of proteins and peptides based ocular therapy and future therapeutic opportunities. ..
- Vadlapatla R, Vadlapudi A, Pal D, Mitra A. Mechanisms of drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy: coordinated role and regulation of efflux transporters and metabolizing enzymes. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:7126-40 pubmed..The pharmacological role of PXR and advances in the development of PXR antagonists to overcome MDR are outlined. ..
- Agrahari V, Mandal A, Agrahari V, Trinh H, Joseph M, Ray A, et al. A comprehensive insight on ocular pharmacokinetics. Drug Deliv Transl Res. 2016;6:735-754 pubmed..Moreover, several ocular pharmacokinetics animal models and relevant studies are reviewed and discussed in addition to the pharmacokinetics of various ocular formulations. ..
- Trinh H, Cholkar K, Joseph M, Yang X, Mitra A. Clear, Aqueous Topical Drop of Triamcinolone Acetonide. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2017;18:2466-2478 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies suggest that TA in NMF is safe and suitable for human topical ocular drop application. ..
- Agrahari V, Patel S, Dhall N, Aulgur Z, Thukral S, Yang X, et al. Nanoparticles in thermosensitive gel based composite nanosystem for ocular diseases. Drug Deliv Transl Res. 2018;8:422-435 pubmed publisher..Based on the results, it is anticipated that long-term ocular delivery of macromolecules can be achieved through composite nanosystems. ..
- Khurana V, Kwatra D, Pal D, Mitra A. Molecular expression and functional activity of vitamin C specific transport system (SVCT2) in human breast cancer cells. Int J Pharm. 2014;474:14-24 pubmed publisher..Also, MDA-MB231, T47D and ZR-75-1 cell lines can be utilized as a valuable in vitro model to investigate absorption and permeability of AA-conjugated chemotherapeutics. ..