Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Merritt E. To B or not to B: a question of resolution?. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2012;68:468-77 pubmed publisher....
- Merritt E, Kuhn P, Sarfaty S, Erbe J, Holmes R, Hol W. The 1.25 A resolution refinement of the cholera toxin B-pentamer: evidence of peptide backbone strain at the receptor-binding site. J Mol Biol. 1998;282:1043-59 pubmed publisher....
- Merritt E, Arakaki T, Gillespie R, Napuli A, Kim J, Buckner F, et al. Crystal structures of three protozoan homologs of tryptophanyl-tRNA synthetase. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2011;177:20-8 pubmed publisher..Together with a previously reported structure of an unusual TrpRS from Giardia, these protozoan structures broaden our perspective on the extent of structural variation found in eukaryotic TrpRS homologs...
- Merritt E, Arakaki T, Larson E, Kelley A, Mueller N, Napuli A, et al. Crystal structure of the aspartyl-tRNA synthetase from Entamoeba histolytica. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2010;169:95-100 pubmed publisher..The E. histolytica AspRS structure shows a well-ordered N-terminus that contributes to the AspRS dimer interface. ..
- Merritt E, Arakaki T, Gillespie J, Larson E, Kelley A, Mueller N, et al. Crystal structures of trypanosomal histidyl-tRNA synthetase illuminate differences between eukaryotic and prokaryotic homologs. J Mol Biol. 2010;397:481-94 pubmed publisher..The essentiality of the single HisRS gene in T. brucei is shown by a severe depression of parasite growth rate that results from even partial suppression of expression by RNA interference...