Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Gray R, McCullagh B, McCray P. NETs and CF Lung Disease: Current Status and Future Prospects. Antibiotics (Basel). 2015;4:62-75 pubmed publisher..We propose that CF animal models that recapitulate the human CF phenotype such as the CFTR(-/-) pig may be useful in further elucidating a role for NETs. ..
- Li K, Wohlford Lenane C, Channappanavar R, Park J, Earnest J, Bair T, et al. Mouse-adapted MERS coronavirus causes lethal lung disease in human DPP4 knockin mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E3119-E3128 pubmed publisher..Recombinant MERSMA bearing mutant S proteins were more virulent than the parental virus in hDPP4 KI mice. The hDPP4 KI mouse and the MERSMA provide tools to investigate disease causes and develop new therapies. ..
- Paemka L, McCullagh B, Abou Alaiwa M, Stoltz D, Dong Q, Randak C, et al. Monocyte derived macrophages from CF pigs exhibit increased inflammatory responses at birth. J Cyst Fibros. 2017;16:471-474 pubmed publisher..In the absence of CFTR function, macrophages from newborn CF pigs exhibit an increased inflammatory response to a lipopolysaccharide challenge. This may contribute to the onset and progression of CF lung disease. ..
- McCray P, Pewe L, Wohlford Lenane C, Hickey M, Manzel L, Shi L, et al. Lethal infection of K18-hACE2 mice infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus. J Virol. 2007;81:813-21 pubmed..This model of lethal infection with SARS-CoV should be useful for studies of pathogenesis and for the development of antiviral therapies. ..
- Bartlett J, Meyerholz D, Wohlford Lenane C, Naumann P, Salzman N, McCray P. Increased susceptibility to otitis media in a Splunc1-deficient mouse model. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:501-8 pubmed publisher..The Splunc1(-/-) mouse model should help investigators to better understand both the biological role of Splunc1 as well as host defense mechanisms in the middle ear. ..
- Ramachandran S, Osterhaus S, Parekh K, Jacobi A, Behlke M, McCray P. SYVN1, NEDD8, and FBXO2 Proteins Regulate ?F508 Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Ubiquitin-mediated Proteasomal Degradation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25489-25504 pubmed..It suggests that SYVN1 and FBXO2 represent two distinct multiprotein complexes that may degrade ?F508-CFTR in airway epithelia and identifies a new role for NEDD8 in regulating ?F508-CFTR ubiquitination. ..