A W Lasek
Affiliation: University of California
- Lasek A, Janak P, He L, Whistler J, Heberlein U. Downregulation of mu opioid receptor by RNA interference in the ventral tegmental area reduces ethanol consumption in mice. Genes Brain Behav. 2007;6:728-35 pubmed..The RNAi combined with lentiviral delivery can be used successfully in brain to effect a sustained reduction in expression of specific genes for behavioral analysis. ..
- Lasek A, Kapfhamer D, Kharazia V, Gesch J, Giorgetti F, Heberlein U. Lmo4 in the nucleus accumbens regulates cocaine sensitivity. Genes Brain Behav. 2010;9:817-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lmo genes play conserved roles in regulating the behavioral effects of cocaine in invertebrate and mammalian models of drug addiction. ..
- Lasek A, Giorgetti F, Berger K, Tayor S, Heberlein U. Lmo genes regulate behavioral responses to ethanol in Drosophila melanogaster and the mouse. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:1600-6 pubmed publisher..These studies also demonstrate the feasibility of rapidly translating findings from invertebrate systems to mammalian models of alcohol abuse by combining RNA interference in transgenic mice and behavioral testing. ..
- Lasek A, Gesch J, Giorgetti F, Kharazia V, Heberlein U. Alk is a transcriptional target of LMO4 and ER? that promotes cocaine sensitization and reward. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14134-41 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that estrogen regulation of Alk may be one mechanism responsible for sexually dimorphic responses to cocaine. ..
- Lasek A, Lim J, Kliethermes C, Berger K, Joslyn G, Brush G, et al. An evolutionary conserved role for anaplastic lymphoma kinase in behavioral responses to ethanol. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22636 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Alk plays an evolutionary conserved role in ethanol-related behaviors. Moreover, ALK may be a novel candidate gene conferring risk for AUDs as well as a potential target for pharmacological intervention. ..