Jean Xin Jiang
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Jiang J. Gap junctions or hemichannel-dependent and independent roles of connexins in cataractogenesis and lens development. Curr Mol Med. 2010;10:851-63 pubmed..Recent advances in basic research of lens connexins and the discoveries of clinical disorders as a result of lens connexin dysfunctions are summarized and discussed here. ..
- Hu Z, Riquelme M, Wang B, Bugay V, Brenner R, Gu S, et al. Cataract-associated connexin 46 mutation alters its interaction with calmodulin and function of hemichannels. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:2573-2585 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the G143R-induced enhancement of the CaM-Cx46 interaction results in altered hemichannel activities and might be related to cataract formation. ..
- Callaway D, Riquelme M, Sharma R, Lopez Cruzan M, Herman B, Jiang J. Caspase-2 modulates osteoclastogenesis through down-regulating oxidative stress. Bone. 2015;76:40-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate a novel role of Casp-2 in the osteoclast as a modulator of total and mitochondrial ROS and osteoclast differentiation. ..
- Zhou J, Jiang J. Gap junction and hemichannel-independent actions of connexins on cell and tissue functions--an update. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1186-92 pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide an updated overview on the current knowledge of gap junction- and hemichannel-independent functions of connexins, in particular, their effects on tumorigenesis, neurogenesis and disease development. ..
- Hu Z, Shi W, Riquelme M, Shi Q, Biswas S, Lo W, et al. Connexin 50 Functions as an Adhesive Molecule and Promotes Lens Cell Differentiation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5298 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that in addition to forming gap junction channels, Cx50 acts as an adhesive molecule that is critical in maintaining lens fiber integrity and epithelial-fiber differentiation. ..