D F Florescu
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Florescu D, Hill L, Sudan D, Iwen P. Leuconostoc bacteremia in pediatric patients with short bowel syndrome: case series and review. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2008;27:1013-9 pubmed publisher..This article presents 6 new cases of pediatric patients with short bowel syndrome who developed Leuconostoc bacteremia, and compares these cases with those previously reported in the literature...
- Florescu D, Islam K, Grant W, Mercer D, Langnas A, Botha J, et al. Incidence and outcome of fungal infections in pediatric small bowel transplant recipients. Transpl Infect Dis. 2010;12:497-504 pubmed publisher..12, 95% CI 0.45, 2.8). Fungal infections occurred in 25% of SBT recipients and C. albicans was the most common species. Intra-abdominal fungal infections occurred earlier (<1 month) than fungemia (>6 months) post transplantation. ..
- Florescu D, Hermsen E, Kwon J, Gumeel D, Grant W, Mercer D, et al. Is there a role for oral human immunoglobulin in the treatment for norovirus enteritis in immunocompromised patients?. Pediatr Transplant. 2011;15:718-21 pubmed publisher..32, OR = 1.0). We show a potential role of OHIG treatment for NVE. Resolution of diarrhea and decreased stool output were observed at seven days; no benefit was found for length of hospital stay or hospital cost. ..
- Florescu D, Qiu F, McCartan M, Mindru C, Fey P, Kalil A. What is the efficacy and safety of colistin for the treatment of ventilator-associated pneumonia? A systematic review and meta-regression. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;54:670-80 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that colistin may be as safe and as efficacious as standard antibiotics for the treatment of VAP. ..
- Florescu D, Langnas A, Sandkovsky U. Opportunistic viral infections in intestinal transplantation. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2013;11:367-81 pubmed publisher..5, 58.2 and 47%, respectively. IT restores organ functions, but it is associated with complications, with infections representing the major cause of morbidity and mortality in this population. ..