Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Huynh N, Arabian N, Lieu D, Asatryan L, Davies D. Utilizing an Orally Dissolving Strip for Pharmacological and Toxicological Studies: A Simple and Humane Alternative to Oral Gavage for Animals. J Vis Exp. 2016;:e53770 pubmed publisher..Herein, we demonstrate that preclinical, oral drug delivery using the ODS method represents a safe, convenient, and humane alternative to oral gavage. ..
- Huynh N, Arabian N, Naito A, Louie S, Jakowec M, Asatryan L, et al. Preclinical development of moxidectin as a novel therapeutic for alcohol use disorder. Neuropharmacology. 2017;113:60-70 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results illustrate the potential for development of MOX as a novel pharmacotherapy for the treatment of AUD. ..
- Khoja S, Huynh N, Asatryan L, Jakowec M, Davies D. Reduced expression of purinergic P2X4 receptors increases voluntary ethanol intake in C57BL/6J mice. Alcohol. 2017;68:63-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings support the hypothesis that P2X4Rs play a role in regulation of ethanol intake and that P2X4Rs represent a novel drug target for treatment of alcohol use disorder. ..
- Davies D, Trudell J, Mihic S, Crawford D, Alkana R. Ethanol potentiation of glycine receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes antagonized by increased atmospheric pressure. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2003;27:743-55 pubmed..The findings also support the hypothesis that ethanol potentiation of GlyR function plays a role in mediating the sedative-hypnotic effects of ethanol. ..
- Davies D, Crawford D, Trudell J, Mihic S, Alkana R. Multiple sites of ethanol action in alpha1 and alpha2 glycine receptors suggested by sensitivity to pressure antagonism. J Neurochem. 2004;89:1175-85 pubmed..Parallel studies with butanol support this conclusion. The mutant alpha1(A52S) GlyR findings suggest that increased attention should be focused on the amino terminus as a potential target for ethanol action. ..
- Khoja S, Shah V, Garcia D, Asatryan L, Jakowec M, Davies D. Role of purinergic P2X4 receptors in regulating striatal dopamine homeostasis and dependent behaviors. J Neurochem. 2016;139:134-48 pubmed publisher..Ivermectin (IVM), a positive modulator of P2X4Rs, enhanced levodopa (L-DOPA)-induced motor behavior. These studies highlight potential interactions between P2X4Rs and DA system. ..