Affiliation: University of California
- Cunard R, Eto Y, Muljadi J, Glass C, Kelly C, Ricote M. Repression of IFN-gamma expression by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. J Immunol. 2004;172:7530-6 pubmed..These studies suggest that many of the observed anti-inflammatory effects of PPARgamma ligands may be related to direct inhibition of IFN-gamma by PPARgamma. ..
- Cunard R. The potential use of PPARalpha agonists as immunosuppressive agents. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2005;6:467-72 pubmed..This review focuses on the use of fibrates in inflammatory disease models. It also describes proposed mechanisms of action of PPARalpha ligands and discusses the potential use of these medications as immunosuppressive agents...
- Cunard R, Sharma K. The endoplasmic reticulum stress response and diabetic kidney disease. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F1054-61 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the molecular pathways regulated during this process in a cell- and disease-specific manner could reveal novel therapeutic strategies in chronic renal diseases, including diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Borsting E, Patel S, Declèves A, Lee S, Rahman Q, Akira S, et al. Tribbles homolog 3 attenuates mammalian target of rapamycin complex-2 signaling and inflammation in the diabetic kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:2067-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, TRB3 reduces albuminuria and inflammatory gene expression in diabetic kidney disease by a mechanism that may involve inhibition of the mTORC2/AKT pathway and may prove to be a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Cunard R. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress, a Driver or an Innocent Bystander in Endothelial Dysfunction Associated with Hypertension?. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2017;19:64 pubmed publisher..ER stress is likely one of many players in a complex interplay among molecular pathways that influence the expression of htn. Targeted activation of specific ER stress pathways may provide novel therapeutic opportunities. ..