Affiliation: University of California
- Liu X, Gao L, Dinh T, Shi T, Li D, Wang R, et al. DNA topoisomerase I affects polycomb group protein-mediated epigenetic regulation and plant development by altering nucleosome distribution in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:2803-17 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a connection between TOP1? and PcG, which explains the specific developmental functions of TOP1?. ..
- Li S, Vandivier L, Tu B, Gao L, Won S, Li S, et al. Detection of Pol IV/RDR2-dependent transcripts at the genomic scale in Arabidopsis reveals features and regulation of siRNA biogenesis. Genome Res. 2015;25:235-45 pubmed publisher..These findings begin to reveal features of Pol IV/RDR2-mediated transcription at the heart of genome stability in plants. ..
- Li S, Liu L, Li S, Gao L, Zhao Y, Kim Y, et al. SUVH1, a Su(var)3-9 family member, promotes the expression of genes targeted by DNA methylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:608-20 pubmed publisher..This work has uncovered a novel, anti-silencing function for a member of the Su(var)3-9 family that has previously been associated with silencing through H3K9 methylation. ..
- Su Z, Zhao L, Zhao Y, Li S, Won S, Cai H, et al. The THO Complex Non-Cell-Autonomously Represses Female Germline Specification through the TAS3-ARF3 Module. Curr Biol. 2017;27:1597-1609.e2 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal the role of a small-RNA pathway in the regulation of female germline specification in Arabidopsis. ..
- You C, Cui J, Wang H, Qi X, Kuo L, Ma H, et al. Conservation and divergence of small RNA pathways and microRNAs in land plants. Genome Biol. 2017;18:158 pubmed publisher..Our phylogenetic analyses of miRNAs in bryophytes, lycophytes, ferns, and angiosperms refine the time-of-origin for conserved miRNA families as well as small RNA machinery in land plants. ..
- Jia T, Zhang B, You C, Zhang Y, Zeng L, Li S, et al. The Arabidopsis MOS4-Associated Complex Promotes MicroRNA Biogenesis and Precursor Messenger RNA Splicing. Plant Cell. 2017;29:2626-2643 pubmed publisher..We also discovered global intron retention defects in mutants in three subunits of MAC, thus linking MAC function to splicing in Arabidopsis. ..