Scott A Boitano
Affiliation: University of Wyoming
- Sequence-specific antibodies to connexins block intercellular calcium signaling through gap junctionsS Boitano
Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071 3166, USA
Cell Calcium 23:1-9. 1998..These data suggest that mechanically-induced Ca2+ waves in airway cell cultures are propagated through gap junctions made up of connexin 32 proteins...
- Connexin mimetic peptides reversibly inhibit Ca(2+) signaling through gap junctions in airway cellsS Boitano
Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071 3166, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 279:L623-30. 2000....
- Culturing alveolar type I, alveolar type II, and mixed cell populations by altering the extracellular matrix promotes changes in intercellular signaling mechanismsScott Boitano
Department of Zollogy, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071 3166, USA
Chest 121:35S-36S. 2002
- Heterocellular cultures of pulmonary alveolar epithelial cells grown on laminin-5 supplemented matrixBrant E Isakson
Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, 16th and Gibbon Streets, Laramie 82071 3166, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 38:443-9. 2002..This culture system, in which a mixed population of phenotypically distinct alveolar epithelial cells are maintained, may facilitate in vitro studies that are more representative of AT1-AT2 cell interactions that occur in vivo...
- Functional BvgAS virulence control system in Bordetella bronchiseptica is necessary for induction of Ca2+ transients in ciliated tracheal epithelial cellsNathan A Groathouse
Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82701, USA
Infect Immun 71:7208-10. 2003..The described cell system allows for assessment of initial B. bronchiseptica-host cell interactions that can contribute to pathogenicity or to host cell defense...
- Intestinal barrier failure during experimental necrotizing enterocolitis: protective effect of EGF treatmentJessica A Clark
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5073, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G938-49. 2006..EGF treatment maintains intestinal integrity at the site of injury by accelerating goblet cell maturation and mucin production and normalizing expression of TJ proteins, leading to improved intestinal barrier function...
- MODELING AIRWAY RESPONSE TO BORDETELLA SP INFECTIONScott Boitano; Fiscal Year: 2003..A greater understanding of bacterial/host interactions and their resulting physiological significance should lead to better development of prevention therapies and treatment strategies against bacterial invasion. ..