Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Jabbour E, Soverini S. Understanding the role of mutations in therapeutic decision making for chronic myeloid leukemia. Semin Hematol. 2009;46:S22-6 pubmed..The choice of therapy should be guided by multiple factors, including mutational analysis, disease phase, patient characteristics, and the safety profile of the agents. ..
- Jabbour E, Kantarjian H, Ghanem H, O Brien S, Quintas Cardama A, Garcia Manero G, et al. The achievement of a 3-month complete cytogenetic response to second-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitors predicts survival in patients with chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia after imatinib failure. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2013;13:302-6 pubmed publisher..The achievement of a 3-month CCyR is the only predictor of outcome in patients treated with 2nd-TKI therapy after imatinib failure. Patients with <3-month CCyR may not obtain long-term benefit and should be followed-up closely. ..
- Jabbour E, Kantarjian H, Cortes J. Use of second- and third-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitors in the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia: an evolving treatment paradigm. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2015;15:323-34 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present 3 case studies to illustrate how prognostic factors and other considerations (eg, tolerability) can be used to individualize subsequent therapy in cases of TKI resistance or intolerance. ..
- Jabbour E, Kantarjian H, Ravandi F, Thomas D, Huang X, Faderl S, et al. Combination of hyper-CVAD with ponatinib as first-line therapy for patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a single-centre, phase 2 study. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16:1547-1555 pubmed publisher..New strategies, including dosing titration of ponatinib and optimised control of vascular risk factors, might further improve outcomes. ARIAD Pharmaceuticals Inc. ..
- Jabbour E, Makenbaeva D, Lingohr Smith M, Lin J. Use of Real-World Claim Databases to Assess Prevalence of Comorbid Conditions Relevant to the Treatment of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Based on National Comprehensive Network Treatment Guidelines. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2015;15:797-802 pubmed publisher....
- Paul S, Kantarjian H, Jabbour E. Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Mayo Clin Proc. 2016;91:1645-1666 pubmed publisher..These new developments are changing the treatment of adult ALL from a "one therapy fits all" approach to individualized treatment based on patient's cytogenetic and molecular profile. ..
- Yilmaz M, Jabbour E. Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Early in the Disease Course: Lessons From Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Semin Oncol. 2015;42:876-86 pubmed publisher..However, due to lack of long-term outcome data and absence of consensus for the definition of optimal response and time to stop TKIs, discontinuation is discouraged outside of a clinical trial. ..
- Jabbour E, Mathisen M, Garcia Manero G, Champlin R, Popat U, Khouri I, et al. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation versus hypomethylating agents in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome: a retrospective case-control study. Am J Hematol. 2013;88:198-200 pubmed publisher..001). These results would suggest that prospective studies are needed to delineate the timing and efficacy of allo-SCT in the HMA era. ..
- Jabbour E, Ottmann O, Deininger M, Hochhaus A. Targeting the phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway in hematologic malignancies. Haematologica. 2014;99:7-18 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the role of phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling in hematologic malignancies and the potential clinical utility of inhibitors that target this pathway. ..
- Assi R, Kantarjian H, Short N, Daver N, Takahashi K, Garcia Manero G, et al. Safety and Efficacy of Blinatumomab in Combination With a Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor for the Treatment of Relapsed Philadelphia Chromosome-positive Leukemia. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The combination of blinatumomab with TKI is safe and effective in patients with relapsed/refractory Ph+ disease. Prospective studies are warranted. ..
- Short N, Jabbour E. Minimal Residual Disease in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: How to Recognize and Treat It. Curr Oncol Rep. 2017;19:6 pubmed publisher..Future studies will be required to determine whether these post-remission strategies can obviate the need for allogeneic stem cell transplantation for patients with ALL in whom MRD can be eradicated. ..