P J Holman
Affiliation: Texas A and M University
- Alhaboubi A, Pollard D, Holman P. Molecular and morphological characterization of a haemogregarine in the alligator snapping turtle, Macrochelys temminckii (Testudines: Chelydridae). Parasitol Res. 2017;116:207-215 pubmed..clade. No genetic data are available for H. macrochelysi n. sp. at this time, so it remains unclear if this parasite in a Texas alligator snapping turtle is conspecific with H. macrochelysi n. sp. ..
- Holman P, Madeley J, Craig T, Allsopp B, Allsopp M, Petrini K, et al. Antigenic, phenotypic and molecular characterization confirms Babesia odocoilei isolated from three cervids. J Wildl Dis. 2000;36:518-30 pubmed..odocoilei. A phylogenetic tree constructed from SSU rRNA gene sequences shows that B. odocoilei is most closely related to Babesia divergens, both of which branch together in the true babesia clade. ..
- Holman P, Swift P, Frey R, Bennett J, Cruz D, Wagner G. Genotypically unique Babesia spp. isolated from reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus) in the United States. Parasitol Res. 2002;88:405-11 pubmed..The SSU rRNA gene showed 94.2% identity to that of B. bigemina. Further studies are needed to determine whether these parasites are the same as the Babesia spp. previously documented in Siberian reindeer. ..
- Holman P, Carroll J, Pugh R, Davis D. Molecular detection of Babesia bovis and Babesia bigemina in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) from Tom Green County in central Texas. Vet Parasitol. 2011;177:298-304 pubmed publisher..Clarification of the possible role of white-tailed deer as reservoir hosts in maintaining these important pathogens of cattle is critical to understanding whether or not deer contribute to the epidemiology of bovine babesiosis...
- Alhaboubi A, He L, McCormack K, Gustafson A, Holman P. Recovery of bovine Babesia spp. after long-term cryostorage and comparison of bovine donor erythrocytes and serum. Vet Parasitol. 2017;243:109-114 pubmed publisher..This study also confirms previous observations that selection of a suitable bovine donor of erythrocytes and serum is critical to the success of the culture. ..
- Pollard D, Reichard M, Cohn L, James A, Holman P. Genetic variability of cloned Cytauxzoon felis ribosomal RNA ITS1 and ITS2 genomic regions from domestic cats with varied clinical outcomes from five states. Vet Parasitol. 2017;244:136-143 pubmed publisher..Twenty-five cats had C. felis infections with multiple ITS genotypes. Considerable C. felis genetic diversity was revealed with no significant geographic or clinical outcome associations. ..