Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Dual function of TGFÎ² in lens epithelial cell fate: implications for secondary cataract.Bruce A Boswell
Mol Biol Cell 28:907-921. 2017..In addition to providing novel potential therapeutic strategies for PCO, our findings extend the so-called TGFÎ² paradox, in which TGFÎ² can induce two disparate cell fates, to a new epithelial disease state...
- A novel role for FGF and extracellular signal-regulated kinase in gap junction-mediated intercellular communication in the lensA C Le
Molecular Medicine Division, Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Cell Biol 154:197-216. 2001..Our results also identify upregulation of intercellular communication as a new function for sustained ERK activation and change the current paradigm that ERKs only negatively regulate gap junction channel activity...
- Dislocation and degradation from the ER are regulated by cytosolic stressJudy K VanSlyke
Division of Molecular Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Cell Biol 157:381-94. 2002..Our findings demonstrate that dislocation is negatively regulated by physiologically relevant, nonlethal stress. They also reveal a previously unrecognized relationship between cytosolic stress and intercellular communication...
- Primary cultures of embryonic chick lens cells as a model system to study lens gap junctions and fiber cell differentiationLinda S Musil
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Membr Biol 245:357-68. 2012....
- Regulation of connexin degradation as a mechanism to increase gap junction assembly and functionL S Musil
Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25207-15. 2000....
- Regulation of Lens Cell Coupling and DifferentiationLinda S Musil; Fiscal Year: 2010..This abstract was revised to match the two year length of this award. ..
- CONNEXIN32 MUTATIONS IN CHARCOT-MARIE-TOOTH-X DISEASELINDA MUSIL; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will elucidate the causes of phenotypic diversity in CMTX as well as provide the first molecular insights into the quality control mechanisms that govern the fidelity of connexin assembly into gap junctional channels. ..