Michael R Wasielewski
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Hartnett P, Dyar S, Margulies E, Shoer L, Cook A, Eaton S, et al. Long-lived charge carrier generation in ordered films of a covalent perylenediimide-diketopyrrolopyrrole-perylenediimide molecule. Chem Sci. 2015;6:402-411 pubmed publisher....
- Kamire R, Majewski M, Hoffeditz W, Phelan B, Farha O, Hupp J, et al. Photodriven hydrogen evolution by molecular catalysts using Al2O3-protected perylene-3,4-dicarboximide on NiO electrodes. Chem Sci. 2017;8:541-549 pubmed publisher..Under prolonged irradiation, evolved H2 is directly observed by gas chromatography supporting the applicability of PMI embedded in Al2O3 as a photocathode architecture in DSPECs. ..
- La Porte N, Martínez J, Hedström S, Rudshteyn B, Phelan B, Mauck C, et al. Photoinduced electron transfer from rylenediimide radical anions and dianions to Re(bpy)(CO)3 using red and near-infrared light. Chem Sci. 2017;8:3821-3831 pubmed publisher..These results will inform the design of future catalytic systems that incorporate RDI anions as chromophores. ..
- Martínez J, La Porte N, Mauck C, Wasielewski M. Photo-driven electron transfer from the highly reducing excited state of naphthalene diimide radical anion to a CO2 reduction catalyst within a molecular triad. Faraday Discuss. 2017;198:235-249 pubmed publisher..The NDI-?-DPA fragment presents many attractive features for incorporation into other photoinduced electron transfer assemblies directed at the long-lived photosensitization of difficult-to-reduce catalytic centers. ..
- Margulies E, Shoer L, Eaton S, Wasielewski M. Excimer formation in cofacial and slip-stacked perylene-3,4:9,10-bis(dicarboximide) dimers on a redox-inactive triptycene scaffold. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014;16:23735-42 pubmed publisher..The near-infrared (NIR) excimer absorption of cofacial dimer 1 is ?120 meV lower in energy than that of slip-stacked dimer 2, further highlighting electronic differences between these states. ..