Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Bardina S, Bunduc P, Tripathi S, Duehr J, Frere J, Brown J, et al. Enhancement of Zika virus pathogenesis by preexisting antiflavivirus immunity. Science. 2017;356:175-180 pubmed publisher..Antibody-dependent enhancement may explain the severe disease manifestations associated with recent ZIKV outbreaks and highlights the need to exert great caution when designing flavivirus vaccines. ..
- Dornfeld D, Dudek A, Vausselin T, GÃ¼nther S, Hultquist J, Giese S, et al. SMARCA2-regulated host cell factors are required for MxA restriction of influenza A viruses. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2092 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that several virus-inducible factors work in concert to enable MxA restriction of IAV. ..
- Tripathi S, Pohl M, Zhou Y, Rodriguez Frandsen A, Wang G, Stein D, et al. Meta- and Orthogonal Integration of Influenza "OMICs" Data Defines a Role for UBR4 in Virus Budding. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:723-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the integrative analysis of influenza OMICs datasets illuminates a viral-host network of high-confidence human proteins that are essential for influenza A virus replication. ..
- Sánchez Aparicio M, Ayllon J, Leo Macias A, Wolff T, Garcia Sastre A. Subcellular Localizations of RIG-I, TRIM25, and MAVS Complexes. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..In addition, this work presents a new means by how, when, and where viral proteins can target these pathways and act against the host immune system in order to counteract the activation of the immune response. ..
- Aydillo T, Ayllon J, Pavlisin A, Martínez Romero C, Tripathi S, Mena I, et al. Specific mutations in the PB2 protein of influenza A virus compensate for the lack of efficient IFN antagonism of the NS1 protein of bat influenza A-like viruses. J Virol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Our results unravel a functional divergence between the NS1 proteins of bat influenza A-like and conventional influenza A viruses, and demonstrate an interplay between the viral PB2 and the NS1 protein to antagonize IFN. ..
- Grant A, Ponia S, Tripathi S, Balasubramaniam V, Miorin L, Sourisseau M, et al. Zika Virus Targets Human STAT2 to Inhibit Type I Interferon Signaling. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:882-90 pubmed publisher..However, unlike DENV, ZIKV did not require the E3 ubiquitin ligase UBR4 to induce STAT2 degradation. Hence, flavivirus NS5 proteins exhibit a remarkable functional convergence in IFN antagonism, albeit by virus-specific mechanisms. ..
- ..Rational countermeasures for preventing the spread of influenza can be developed only by gaining a thorough knowledge of the molecular mechanisms at work in host specificity and transmission. ..
- Rajsbaum R, Versteeg G, Schmid S, Maestre A, Belicha Villanueva A, Martínez Romero C, et al. Unanchored K48-linked polyubiquitin synthesized by the E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM6 stimulates the interferon-IKK? kinase-mediated antiviral response. Immunity. 2014;40:880-95 pubmed publisher..Our work attributes a previously unrecognized activating role of K48-linked unanchored polyubiquitin chains in kinase activation and identifies the UbE2K-TRIM6-ubiquitin axis as critical for IFN signaling and antiviral response. ..
- Tripathi S, Garcia Sastre A. Antiviral innate immunity through the lens of systems biology. Virus Res. 2016;218:10-7 pubmed publisher..In this review we have catalogued and discussed the application of Systems Biology approaches in dissecting the antiviral innate immune responses. ..
- Nagy A, Lee J, Mena I, Henningson J, Li Y, Ma J, et al. Recombinant Newcastle disease virus expressing H9 HA protects chickens against heterologous avian influenza H9N2 virus challenge. Vaccine. 2016;34:2537-45 pubmed publisher....
- Schotsaert M, GarcÃa Sastre A. Inactivated influenza virus vaccines: the future of TIV and QIV. Curr Opin Virol. 2017;23:102-106 pubmed publisher....
- Miorin L, Maestre A, Fernandez Sesma A, Garcia Sastre A. Antagonism of type I interferon by flaviviruses. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:587-596 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the specific mechanisms by which flaviviruses activate and evade innate immune responses is critical for the development of better therapeutics and vaccines. ..
- Garcia Sastre A. Ten Strategies of Interferon Evasion by Viruses. Cell Host Microbe. 2017;22:176-184 pubmed publisher....